NATION

PASSWORD

The Black Hawks | Still Winning

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:39 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Unofficial TBH report -

If I go missing, call the BoS, not the police. Natives rejoice, raids will be on Deathclaws and whatever faction I like least in the near future. Will build my own "native" towns and defend them myself. As if NS wasn't enough of a timesink :P
This is confusing :P

Severisen
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Severisen » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:40 am

Translation: Souls is too busy playing Fallout 4 to do anything in NS.
<mcmasterdonia> Ex-TBH dudes get all the NS girls.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

Sichuan Pepper wrote:Should I be worried that Mall said he wanted to invade my region?
Member of the Cult of the Overgoat.

Married to my best friends Xoriet and Astarial
Father to Ramaeus, Sylvia, Greyghost, Bachtendekuppen, Liliarchy, Jar, Cookie. (And Guy)
Former: Everything
Current: Nowhere man.
Past, Present, and Future: Nobody.

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:48 am

Severisen wrote:Translation: Souls is too busy playing Fallout 4 to do anything in NS.

That's what I get for having never played Fallout, I guess.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:36 am

Right on :P Got home at like 10:30 last night, instead of hopping on NS, sunk four hours into Fallout ;)
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:17 pm

Bradsforth wrote:You guys don't harm roleplay regions rite?

They do.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:00 pm

The depends, is the sun hot? If so, then they do. If not, they don't.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Marselesk
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Marselesk » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:05 pm

Valrifell wrote:

Hot in comparison to what? It could be freezing compared to some other star :P
99.1% Chemically Pure Raider
Field Marshal and Major of The Black Hawks
Patriarch of the House of Vasentius

Revall wrote:I will train a flock of geese for 20 years as assassins and send them to find you kleo

John Jacob wrote:Your ability to make a convincing argument based on complete bullsh*t is very impressive

Raging Zen Master wrote:As subtle as "HELLO FELLOW HUMANS, I TOO, ENJOY BREATHING OXYGEN."

Knot/Ivo wrote:Nonsense, defender budgets are set to buying cushy armchairs, not bombers!

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:27 pm

Severisen wrote:Translation: Souls is too busy playing Fallout 4 to do anything in NS.

Speaking for at least some Defenders, I imagine

"Same bro"
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Xlanar
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 01, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Xlanar » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:18 pm

Valrifell wrote:

But we usually raid at night, and everyone knows, the sun isn't hot at night. It cools down before it lands on the other side of the earth.
Half of histories greatest miseries were inflicted by simple barbarism. The other half were inflicted by utopians.

Sergeant in The Black Hawks
Once a Hawk, always a Hawk

Marselesk
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Marselesk » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:58 pm

We stand with Paris

Today, The Black Hawks have dedicated a raid to the victims of the terrorist attack on Paris of the 13th/14th November 2015. An estimate of 129 people have died in this incident, and many more are injured.

This tragic event has left the families of the victims in grief for their loved ones, with damage which cannot be undone.

We express our condolences, not just to the families who have had the misfortune of falling victim to this attack, but to those who have had to suffer the same pain around the world throughout history.

The Hawks which participated:
Major Marselesk - trigger
General Jakker - point/switcher
Private First Class Utsuho - point/switcher

Dedicated Message:
Panatomia
RHHS
Aeden
Yurop

Fallout
Our Lord Shreks Holy Lands
Rose

Pilna Pykcio Land
Altimear
Regione Italia NS
Islands of Verbatum
Strangereal

---"Pray For Paris"---

Revall wrote:I will train a flock of geese for 20 years as assassins and send them to find you kleo

John Jacob wrote:Your ability to make a convincing argument based on complete bullsh*t is very impressive

Raging Zen Master wrote:As subtle as "HELLO FELLOW HUMANS, I TOO, ENJOY BREATHING OXYGEN."

Knot/Ivo wrote:Nonsense, defender budgets are set to buying cushy armchairs, not bombers!

Ravania Ultra
Attaché

Founded: Aug 15, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ravania Ultra » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:29 pm

Never thought TBH would use the grief of Paris to tag-raid. You guys just lost every respect I had for you as an adversary.
Protect, Free, Restore: UDL

Marselesk
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Marselesk » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:41 pm

Yes, how truly horrific of us to show some humane amount of respect and condolence for those who died. We've turned into quite the abomination.

Ravania Ultra
Attaché

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ravania Ultra » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:50 pm

Replying Ironically, are you. There is no place for irony in this.

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:55 pm

Ravania Ultra wrote:Never thought TBH would use the grief of Paris to tag-raid. You guys just lost every respect I had for you as an adversary.

Ravania Ultra wrote:Replying Ironically, are you. There is no place for irony in this.

They were using their primary activity in the game -- raiding -- to send a positive message of solidarity with Paris, in real life. You are the one using a real life tragedy for warped gameplay purposes right now, and you should be ashamed of yourself. That's what has no place here. Do defenders have no shame? Good Lord.
Last edited by Cormac Stark on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Marselesk
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Marselesk » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:56 pm

Ravania Ultra wrote:Replying Ironically, are you. There is no place for irony in this.

I can hardly feel the shame of using irony at a situation like this when someone gives themselves the right to put a game before real human lives, in terms of priorities. I honestly could not care less if we have lost your respect, your respect is not worth having.

Siberian Districts
Attaché

Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Siberian Districts » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:58 pm

Ravania Ultra wrote:Never thought TBH would use the grief of Paris to tag-raid. You guys just lost every respect I had for you as an adversary.

You... You're... You're joking right?
There's no way you someone could be obtuse enough to take this that way. Raiders are going to raid. If they choose to spread a message while doing so, more power to them!
The Second Worst to Ever Do It

Cora II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:11 pm

*Cora reads*

*Cora goes angry*

GFS! Hey, come one Rav, please detag it if you cannot see it as an act of solidarity by means available for raiders. :mad:

There still is semantic difference of seizing a delegate elections in NS, and massacre of unarmed civilians, are there?

Classy act, Hawks!
• The Black Riders Witch-Z-Queen of Cimmeria 'Cora' • Raider Extremist • War Diary
• 618+ active updates, 11195+ raided regions, 3567+ times raider delegate, 158+ updates in command, 2870+ triggered raids, 35+ occupations, 307+ banjected WA-nations •

"Cut them down!"

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:56 pm

You know, if you detag all the targets, you too can spell the same thing!

Sure, maybe it was a little facebook "share 4 prayer" -y. But on the other hand - they were going to go tagging anyways, and I at least see a dedication slash message like this as far more classy and respectful than yet another report about slaughtering native towns or some shit. Instead of spreading a message of death and destruction, my fellow council members (and Vandy) recolored our flag and strung together a series of hits to spell out a message of solidarity and love. "Use it to raid" is bullshit. Hitting Japan on August 8th or something like that is using a tragedy to raid. This is using tagging to spread a message other than domination, both here and in the WFE's of every region tagged this run.

"Tonight, we are all French."

/me goes back to fallout
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Ravania Ultra
Attaché

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ravania Ultra » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:55 pm

Just making a few things clear.

1. I didn't bring a real life tragedy into R/D
2. Raiders always say, raiding and espacially tagging is for fun. I couldn't see the 'fun' in this.
3. There are other means to express your solidarity in my opinion.

Wordy
Envoy

Founded: Apr 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wordy » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:00 am

A more meaningful message would be to make a statement by NOT invading :P Could have moved to France, endorsed the delegate and stated that for today out of respect you will not invade but show solidarity and support. Just sayin. All in the eyes of the beholder and invading to spread a message of peace looks like a load of shit :P
RiderSyl wrote:
The ends justifies the meanies.

Morndul
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Morndul » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:54 am

It seems in appropriate taste to me.

Or at least, it's exactly what a seasoned gameplayer should expect a raider's idea of showing solidarity to be. If (for example) a group tagged France and declared it a special target in honor of the victims, that would be worrying.
. ♔ Chair of The Inkwell Lobby ♔ .
. ➷ Merryman of the United Defenders League ➷ .

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:57 am

wow

This is like paying respects by taking a shit on your neighbour's front porch. How oblivious and self-absorbed can you people possibly be? Did nobody at all stop and think that this might have been in poor taste?

God, it's even worse than that. You're paying your respects to an innocent nation and defenceless people that was attacked by militant aggressors by aggressively attacking innocent and defenceless regions in this game. Jesus Christ...
Last edited by Eist on Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

Vandoosa
Envoy

Founded: Oct 24, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vandoosa » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:09 am

Wordy wrote:A more meaningful message would be to make a statement by NOT invading :P Could have moved to France, endorsed the delegate and stated that for today out of respect you will not invade but show solidarity and support. Just sayin. All in the eyes of the beholder and invading to spread a message of peace looks like a load of shit :P

I didn't close embassies that time.. My way of showing solidarity..

I am an evil force of destruction so I will raid despite the tragedies in real life.. I still feel sadness about terrible events but I can't change them.

Raiders and defenders have a different way a thinking.. impossible to understand each other even if we have the same feelings about real life situations..

Many people use their hobbies to avoid real life sadness.. Raiding is a hobby so we did the best we could.. I'd have worked in my garden but all my plants are inside now..

This is why I don't watch the news! Real life tragedies make you sad! Some folks like me prefer to suppress all those types of emotions and cut ourselves off from the world. We do feel.. we just hide it..
If I think too much about humanity and the things we do to each other I start to wish destruction upon the world.

Morndul
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Morndul » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:17 am

Dedicating a raid to people's memory is the sort of thing you can only find offensive if you already believe raiding is a bad thing. Which I do believe, so I get it!

But this is clearly a genuine attempt on the part of TBH to express solidarity with the victims of the attack. It seems to me that this is two "sides" dealing with tragedy in different ways, so let's try to be respectful of each other.
. ♔ Chair of The Inkwell Lobby ♔ .
. ➷ Merryman of the United Defenders League ➷ .

Vandoosa
Envoy

Founded: Oct 24, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vandoosa » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:25 am

Morndul wrote:Dedicating a raid to people's memory is the sort of thing you can only find offensive if you already believe raiding is a bad thing. Which I do believe, so I get it!

But this is clearly a genuine attempt on the part of TBH to express solidarity with the victims of the attack. It seems to me that this is two "sides" dealing with tragedy in different ways, so let's try to be respectful of each other.

*clings to* You share same opinion as me! People process things differently..

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay