NATION

PASSWORD

Warhammer: Come The Storm [OOC/OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Warhammer: Come The Storm [OOC/OPEN]

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:01 am

WARHAMMER: COME THE STORM

OOC Thread

"In Hochland, a man may love his Longrifle more than his wife."

Popular saying

The great Twin-Tailed Comet, a portent tied to both Sigmar and the Empire, has been seen in the sky. To some, it is a sign of hope. To others, the harbinger of doom.
Lurking within the tangled depths of the vast forests are mutants, Beastmen and worse.

Mostly, they wait for the day when they shall pour out of the forests to burn the cities and claim The Empire for Chaos. According to various omens, that day is coming; the warpgates will again expand and the Gods will reward their chosen people with blood and the gifts of Chaos. So they wait in the forests, picking off those that wander too far from the roads but mostly fighting amongst themselves - for how else shall the strong prevail?

Dangerous as these bands are, they are not as great a threat as those Human servants of Chaos already in the towns and cities, plotting the downfall of The Empire and worshipping the Chaos Gods behind securely-locked doors. These are indistinguishable from the ordinary citizens of The Empire. Such are the Chaos cultists within The Empire, working to undermine it and paving the way for the ascension of their foul gods.

And so, in dark subterranean caverns and behind the magnificent facades of rich town houses, they hatch their foul plots.
Life in The Empire goes on as normal, the authorities satisfy themselves with the occasional trial, and with sanctioning the destruction of villages believed to be harbouring the agents of Chaos.

As the nobles of The Empire continue to indulge themselves in parties and other glittering social events, and the middle classes go blithely on their way seeking to enrich themselves and join the ranks of the nobility. At the bottom the common folk struggle to do the best they can, worshiping their gods and praying that the harvest will be good this year. But the times are changing, the number of unnatural births is growing each year, and the Dragon's Wood stirs..

And so the stage is set... To Games Workshop, Warhammer Fantasy may be dead, transformed into the so-called 'Age of Sigmar', but in our hearts it will always remain!

So there we are. Warhammer Fantasy lives! It is the Imperial year of 2520, and in the far north, the Hordes of Chaos stir. So, too, do the forests of Drakwald stir, the ancient evils there waiting to strike in cooperation with their northern 'allies'. Set in the Imperial Province of Hochland, this Roleplay will see you as a character of your choosing as they live their life, be it one of a simple peasant, a daring adventurer, a stern Witch Hunter, or a drunken Dwarf - or whatever else you might come up with!

You are free to do as you choose, creating your own story, albeit it should be set in Hochland. The Empire is a large nation, and a single province of it is big enough to allow for many different things to happen while also promoting character interaction. If you're unsure what to do, just ask - we'll come up with a nice little quest or event for you, or another writing prompt you might desire for. I'm not sure what else to put here so let's proceed!

Hochland & The Empire

The Empire
"Despite their posturing and pompous claims, when faced with a common enemy, the soldiers of the Empire, no matter which province or city-state they call home, have stood shoulder to shoulder on the battlefield, shouting "Sigmar save the Emperor" and giving their all to claim victory."
- The Pride of the Empire

A map of the Empire.

Of the Human nations of the Old World, the most important by far is that of the Empire of Man, more often called simply The Empire, forged by the warrior-king and ascended deity Sigmar from the primitive Human tribes of barbarians who inhabited what became the lands of the southern Empire more than 2500 years ago. Although not as skilled in craftsmanship as the Dwarfs or in magic as the High Elves, the people of the Empire are not beholden by the limits of tradition to the same extent as the Dwarfs or High Elves and continue to progress culturally, technologically and magically. Having yet to succumb to any threat, external or internal, it is the faith, the sense of righteousness, and the unconquerable spirit of its citizens which gives the Empire its strength, as well as the ruthless efficiency of its military and religious orders.

The greatest nation of the Old World, the Empire of Man is ruled by an Emperor and is composed of the descendants of the ancient tribes of Mankind united by the great Human warrior Sigmar Heldenhammer after the Battle of Black Fire Pass. Sigmar was deified after his death by his people and his promise of eternal aid from the Empire for the kingdoms of the Dwarfs still stands today. This action solidified the relationship between Men and Dwarfs and planted the seeds for the burgeoning Empire through trade between the two races. Today, the Empire is led by Emperor Karl Franz I, who rules from his court in the Imperial capital city of Altdorf.

There are ten provincial states in the Empire, each ultimately ruled by an Elector Count who owes his or her power to the unifying figurehead and ultimate authority of the Emperor. It should be noted that the Empire is not truly a single, centralized nation-state, but instead a confederation of individual, feudal states united only by the common tongue of Reikspeil, a shared faith in Sigmar and a mutual Imperial culture. The Imperial states correspond roughly to the ancient tribal territories brought together by Sigmar when he united the tribes of Man beneath one crown to defeat the Greenskins of the Old World.

The life of a citizen of the Empire of Man is a perilous one, for there are foes within every shadow and enemies around every corner. Secret Chaos Cults abound, or at the very least, there are rumours of them running rampant, as well as the legendary rat-men that some call the Skaven. No one is certain who is trustworthy, and fear and paranoia are omnipresent in the isolated settlements that dot the Empire's provinces outside of the major Imperial cities.
Hochland

A map of Hochland.

The Grand Barony of Hochland is a major Imperial Province that lies to the north-central lands of the Empire of Man. The lands of Hochland, like its neighbor Ostland, has within its boundaries part of the Middle Mountains and vast tracts of untamed forest. Because of this, is often compared to its larger and wealthier northern neighbor. "Ostland's little brother" is a term often used, although not in Hochland. Despite their backwards reputation, the people of Hochland are no less sturdy nor skilled than their neighbors in terms of military capability, with many of the best archer and marksmen regiments with the Empire's military having been born within the province itself.

Hochland is most famous for the hunting rifle, an ingenious weapon designed by the engineer Leon Todmeister. It uses complex engineering techniques to spin a bullet as it exits the barrel extending its range to fearsome proportions. Like their brethren in neighboring provinces, the Hochland people are also quite resourceful, a trait that is often learned from a young age to all sons of a Hochland family. As well as being resourceful, the people of Hochland are also amazing hunters and trackers, a trait that has originated from their former tribal traditions as the Cherusen people.
Karl Franz
"If we die, we will die wielding our swords, for there is no better death for a warrior. We will sit at Sigmar's banquet like the heroes of old and our names will be remembered in the songs of our people till the end of time!"
- Karl Franz's speech to his men, during the Third Battle of Black Fire Pass

Karl Franz, Elector Count of Reikland and Prince of Altdorf is the current Emperor of the Empire of Man, the Elector Count of Reikland, the Prince of Altdorf and the greatest statesman and general the Empire and perhaps the entire Old World had seen in many centuries. Karl Franz, who was elected to the Imperial throne in 2502 IC followed in his father's footsteps, and was hailed as a patron of the arts and sciences, as a military innovator and as a valiant general.
Thanks to his tireless efforts on the behalf of its people, the Empire flourished during his reign as never before: the Imperial School of Engineers in Altdorf grew, the Colleges of Magic thrived and his armies marched from victory to victory. The Emperor frequently took personal command of his troops, wielding Ghal Maraz, the fabled magical warhammer given to Sigmar himself by the Dwarf king Kurgan Ironbeard over two thousand years ago, or his Runefang sword, and riding atop Deathclaw, his Griffon mount of many years, alongside his second-in-command and personal friend Reiksmarshal Kurt Helborg.
Drakwald Forest

The Drakwald (or "Dragon's Wood") Forest, is one of the five largest forest located within the northwestern lands of the Empire of Man, in what was formerly the Imperial Province of Drakwald. One of the most ancient woods in all the world, this region is notorious for being the most dangerous and untameable territory within the Empire, and has since been heavily infested with many types of strange and terrible creatures, of the most prominent are the Beastmen.

Once, the Drakwald was a province of the Empire in its own right, having been the ancient homeland of the fearsome Thuringian tribe who aided Sigmar in uniting the tribes. Its ruler was even recognized as an Elector Count of the Empire, with full rights and powers. However the Drakwald Elector House was formerly and permanently dismantled by the edicts of the new Emperor Leopold as punishment for the Drakwald Emperor's incompetence as a leader of the Empire.

Rules & Application

As always, there are some rules in place - these shouldn't be too hard to follow, I believe, and are pretty much common sense, but here they are anyway!

Follow the site's rules.
Don't godmod/metagame/etc.
Use correct grammar and spelling.
Minimum IC post size should be one paragraph compromising of at least 4 lines.
Don't be an ass.
Characters should make sense for the location. You won't be seeing Tomb Kings here, nor a Northmen invasion.
Preferably, stay away from an a very powerful position. The RP is character-focused, not faction, and it should stay as such. Witch Hunter? Yes. Imperial General, or even Captain? No.
You're allowed three characters total - none of them should be Canon characters, and if they're related only distantly so (exceptions for minor characters). ie, you're not Karl Franz's distant cousin, no matter how badass the man is.
Have fun!

Behold, thy application form! Please don't start out with silly OP equipment, or with ridiculous abilities or background stories. Cheers!

Code: Select all
[size=135][b](CHARACTER NAME HERE)[/b][/size][floatright][img](link to image for appearance if you got one)[/img][/floatright]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Gender/Sex:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] What do you look like? Description or picture. You may delete this part of the app if you did a picture in the [float right] tags!
[b]Equipment:[/b] What equipment do you use? Equipment includes armor, weapons, and any other gear you might use.
[b]Skills:[/b] What are you really good at?
[b]Weaknesses:[/b] What are you really bad at/What are your weaknesses?
[b]Bio:[/b] Two paragraph minumum.
[b]Familiarity:[/b] How familiar with the Warhammer universe are you? This is so that I know if you need some more help with some things or not.
[b]RP Sample:[/b] One or more. You can also write one for this RP specifically.

(please remove all text in this app that isn't within the bold tags)
(everything underneath is optional)

[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Theme song:[/b]
[b]Voice:[/b]
(feel free to add something else to this list yourself!)
Last edited by The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness on Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Dramatis Personae

Albrecht von Mensch, veteran, now retired
Hunter/Huntress, mysterious stranger
Elicia Eisenstern, archaeologist, mage, and shopkeeper
Lanya Riren, mercenary from Araby
Marius Wolff, Witch Hunter
Brigund Sigismund, Cultist of Slaanesh
Artius Holcom Naughtwrain, noble. Angry at a cultist of Slaanesh.
Camille de Lautrec-Valcabrère, damsel, but somehow not a damsel.
Dietrich Ekerhart Haegler, in service to the von Carsteins.
Last edited by The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Reserved [2/3]
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:02 am

Reserved [3/3]
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Slorch
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Slorch » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:10 am

taged for interest.
Last edited by Slorch on Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"... Ultramarines never have to deal with shit like that. Then again, they are the Ultramarines. Rebels don't surrender out of fear of them, they surrender because the last they want is another lecture about their prowess in battle."- AETEN II
Slorch wrote:click the 'wrote' button.
Nua Corda wrote:click the 'wrote' button.

Fluttershy is Best pony

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:27 am

Interest raised, although I may not be all that active until after the 16th (stupid uni work)
Jormengand wrote:
The Blazing Aura wrote:aah f***

Nice 3000'th post.

that just makes it better.

Keep it alive!

Raktio
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:32 am

Taggity.
Broadside dead ahead!

No, this comment is not meant to be sarcastic.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:38 am

Glad to see there's interest.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Ardavia
Senator

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardavia » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:41 am

:not a tag:

PLACEHOLDER

Race: Human
Gender/Sex: Female
Appearance: What do you look like? Description or picture. You may delete this part of the app if you did a picture in the [float right] tags!
Equipment: Short staff, light armour
Skills: Magic, intellectual pursuits, and art
Weaknesses: Physical combat
Bio:
Familiarity: I'd say I'm fairly familiar with Warhammer.
RP Sample: One or more. You can also write one for this RP specifically.

Personality:
Theme song:

will finish later
professional contrarian
for: whatever you are against
against: whatever you are for

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:45 am

P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Ardavia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardavia » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:46 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

something to be purged with fire, clearly
professional contrarian

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:48 am

Ardavia wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

But they're so happy!
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Bhikkustan
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bhikkustan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:53 pm

it begins...
:hug: :hug: :hug:
Sunni Muslim ۞ Shafi'i Fiqh ۞ Ashari Aqidah ۞ Wasatiyyah
illegible nutrition enthousiast - nomadism or barbarism
Crimea is Russia Ukraine Tatar
~ Free East Turkistan and Palestine ~

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:54 pm

Bhikkustan wrote:it begins...
:hug: :hug: :hug:

You're welcome :P
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Ardavia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardavia » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:05 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:
Ardavia wrote:

But they're so happy!

disgustingly happy, you could say
professional contrarian

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:07 pm

Ardavia wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:But they're so happy!

disgustingly happy, you could say

All diseases are equally beautiful.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Bhikkustan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bhikkustan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:13 pm

Albrecht von Mensch

Race: Human
Gender/Sex:Male
Equipment: Short-sword, state troop shield, shortbow, leather armor, hunting hawk, luckstone, amulet of sigmar.
Skills: Albrecht has great tracking abilities and eyesight, honed by his many years with the Hochland forest watch. though he is old, he is well respected and is good at leading men around, despite having command over at most 5 men. he also is handy in a fight, his sword techniques unflamboyant but effective.
Weaknesses: With old age comes experience, but also deterioration. He is not the fastest runner, and is too poor to afford a horse. An inhabitant of a backwards province, he is completely superstitious and abhors magic in all of its forms. This means he will never fight nearby a mage.
Bio: Albrecht was born into a poor family living in the backwater hovel that was Heldenholm. He grew up rough, getting a basic education from his parents and from his friend Jakob. A gifted hunter even by the standards of Hochland, he helped bring in food for his family as they struggled to get by. His life was hard, but was solid until Heldenholm was overrun by goblins of the Moonfang tribe. He survived by hiding on the tip of the steeple of the small sigmarite temple, shooting down any goblins that came near. When the forest watch finally arrived he was taken in by their sergeant Karl von Mensch. The sergeant taught him the ways of battle, and he soon became the unit's mascot. He first saw battle against the foul beasts of the forest when he was 18.

In this first battle he showed just how good a teacher Karl had been, and slew five of the mutated gor with swift stabs. After this battle he ought in many small battles, and has tried his hardest to protect any settlements he can, lest they face the same fate as Heldenholm. He has to date only fought in two pitched battles. One was the battle of the Whisperforks, where he and his regiment fought alongside the army of Hochland to repel a greenskin assault. The battle was brutal, and most of his regiment were massacred as they held the line against the warboss's black Orc bodyguard. His second battle was a battle against the army of Ostland, who were attempting their territorial ambitions upon the smaller Hochland. The battle was a bloodbath, but the massed long rifle fire of the Hochlanders held the day. After the battle he was offered passage into the greatswords, but turned it down to fight alongside his beloved forest watch.

Now retired, he sits around in taverns reminiscing over days gone by, telling any who will listen about his adventure of his youth. He still remains as part of a local militia in Hergig, but spends his days drinking and occasionally adventuring in the thick forests. He looks after his hawk Taalwing, with the love some would give a child. As he never married, he looks after the children in his neighbourhood as if they were his own.

Familiarity: Hobbyist for four years, a total fluff nerd and owner of a sizeable Hochland Army.
RP Sample: Wip
Personality: Old and wise, yet gruff and superstitious
Dislikes: Goblins, orcs, magic, chaos, ostland, nordland
Theme song:
Voice:
Last edited by Bhikkustan on Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:15 pm

A beard worthy of a man of the Empire.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:19 pm

Hmm,consider this a tag,have not seen a warhammer fantasy rp for a while,Would a tilean merchant or mercenary work?

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:21 pm

Rygondria wrote:Hmm,consider this a tag,have not seen a warhammer fantasy rp for a while,Would a tilean merchant or mercenary work?

Sure!
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Bhikkustan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bhikkustan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:46 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:A beard worthy of a man of the Empire.

:lol:

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:47 pm

What kind of characters is everyone planning?
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Ardavia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardavia » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:17 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:What kind of characters is everyone planning?

An adventuring archeologist with an interest in history who travels around looking at old things (ruins, old castles, similar) in search of old things to grab and pawn off. Travels with a band of hired guards. Also does some trading in old books and such, with rather the hefty collection of books and tomes at her little home in Hergig.
professional contrarian

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:21 pm

Ardavia wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:What kind of characters is everyone planning?

An adventuring archeologist with an interest in history who travels around looking at old things (ruins, old castles, similar) in search of old things to grab and pawn off. Travels with a band of hired guards. Also does some trading in old books and such, with rather the hefty collection of books and tomes at her little home in Hergig.

Oh, that's actually a really cool idea! I dig it.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:28 pm

I'm planning a cultist, most likely Nurgle. If not a cultist, then a beastman.
Last edited by Prusslandia on Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse