NATION

PASSWORD

2016 NFL Offseason

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Will the Broncos make the playoffs in 2016?

Yes
35%
No
28%
The Raiders have a better chance
37%

Total votes : 106

Librica (Ancient)
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Librica (Ancient) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:50 pm

Ya'll of course know I'm spewing BS about the Jags going to the SB, but it's at least amusing that we are only 1 game behind the leader of the division, the only team in the afc south to win a game last week and every team in the south is absolute garbage this season. The Jags actually could go to the play offs as a division champion. I wouldn't be surprised if the South's winner had a record of 5-11..

Can you imagine? A 5-11 team winning the Super Bowl. The loser would be the laughing stock of the league for decades.

Bhikkustan
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bhikkustan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:57 pm

Librica wrote:Ya'll of course know I'm spewing BS about the Jags going to the SB, but it's at least amusing that we are only 1 game behind the leader of the division, the only team in the afc south to win a game last week and every team in the south is absolute garbage this season. The Jags actually could go to the play offs as a division champion. I wouldn't be surprised if the South's winner had a record of 5-11..

Can you imagine? A 5-11 team winning the Super Bowl. The loser would be the laughing stock of the league for decades.

I want this to happen, if only to shut up the colts fan in my class!
Sunni Muslim ۞ Shafi'i Fiqh ۞ Ashari Aqidah ۞ Wasatiyyah
illegible nutrition enthousiast - nomadism or barbarism
Crimea is Russia Ukraine Tatar
~ Free East Turkistan and Palestine ~

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:10 pm

New Jerzylvania wrote:
Luminesa wrote:
*Hands him a Tums.*

One of the gummy ones please. Cherry flavor. :roll:

*Sigh.* First-world problems...

Here you go. *Hands him a cherry one.* It's a Gummy Flacco.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Bhikkustan
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bhikkustan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:24 pm

Luminesa wrote:
New Jerzylvania wrote:
One of the gummy ones please. Cherry flavor. :roll:

May cause side effects of interceptions. Do not take while on a winning season. See label and use as directed. If symptoms persist see a healthcare professional.
Sunni Muslim ۞ Shafi'i Fiqh ۞ Ashari Aqidah ۞ Wasatiyyah
illegible nutrition enthousiast - nomadism or barbarism
Crimea is Russia Ukraine Tatar
~ Free East Turkistan and Palestine ~

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:31 pm

Bhikkustan wrote:
Luminesa wrote:

May cause side effects of interceptions. Do not take while on a winning season. See label and use as directed. If symptoms persist see a healthcare professional.

May also cause heartbreak losses in the fourth quarter, over-production of tears in tear ducts,
depression, loss of good D-line, loss of good O-line, and selling your two best WRs to the team you just beat in the Super Bowl the year before, and death (of a dynasty). If you have an inconsistent QB, a bunch of no-name WRs except for one crazed veteran, a beat-down defense, and a hurt RB, you should not take Gummy Flaccos. Talk to your doctor before taking Gummy Flaccos, if you have any of those symptoms.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:07 am

Librica wrote:Ya'll of course know I'm spewing BS about the Jags going to the SB, but it's at least amusing that we are only 1 game behind the leader of the division, the only team in the afc south to win a game last week and every team in the south is absolute garbage this season. The Jags actually could go to the play offs as a division champion. I wouldn't be surprised if the South's winner had a record of 5-11..

I have to admit, at this point in the season, the Jags still have a tangible chance of winning the AFC South. Honestly, I think they've got a better shot than the Texans or Titans. you just gotta hope the Colts keep losing.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Librica (Ancient)
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Librica (Ancient) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:07 am

Idzequitch wrote:

I have to admit, at this point in the season, the Jags still have a tangible chance of winning the AFC South. Honestly, I think they've got a better shot than the Texans or Titans. you just gotta hope the Colts keep losing.

The odds are good, the colts have a rough schedule over the next 5 weeks. @ Carolina, Vs Denver, @ Atlanta, Vs Tampa, @ Pittsburgh. The only one they are favored to win in is Tampa.

The Jags on the other hand have a relatively light schedule over the next 4 weeks. @ Jets, @ Baltimore, Vs Tenn., Vs San Diego, @ Titans. Though the Jags are only favored against Tenn. and San Diego.

They face each other in week 14, this time in Jacksonville. If the projections end up being correct, then this game will be a tie breaker going into the last three weeks of the season (which the colts have the better of).

Without doing the math and assuming the Texans continue to lose. The odds probably stand somewhere in the vicinity of 55% Colts, 45% Jags. For a Jaguars fan like myself, that's fantastic.
Last edited by Librica (Ancient) on Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:30 am

Librica wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:I have to admit, at this point in the season, the Jags still have a tangible chance of winning the AFC South. Honestly, I think they've got a better shot than the Texans or Titans. you just gotta hope the Colts keep losing.

The odds are good, the colts have a rough schedule over the next 5 weeks. @ Carolina, Vs Denver, @ Atlanta, Vs Tampa, @ Pittsburgh. The only one they are favored to win in is Tampa.

The Jags on the other hand have a relatively light schedule over the next 4 weeks. @ Jets, @ Baltimore, Vs Tenn., Vs San Diego, @ Titans. Though the Jags are only favored against Tenn. and San Diego.

They face each other in week 14, this time in Jacksonville. If the projections end up being correct, then this game will be a tie breaker going into the last three weeks of the season (which the colts have the better of).

Without doing the math and assuming the Texans continue to lose. The odds probably stand somewhere in the vicinity of 55% Colts, 45% Jags. For a Jaguars fan like myself, that's fantastic.

A 45% chance is 45% more than most people expected them to have, so I would imagine so. I wouldn't completely discount the Titans yet though.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Trumpostan
Minister

Founded: Sep 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumpostan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:09 am

I'm pleased to see that many hear dislike and/or despise that idiot Roger Goodell as much as I do. Eff him and eff his favorite team (NY Jets) too.

Hey Goodell, ready for another ass kicking? Just bring on that court case against Brady...
I do not support Donald J. Trump
Inverted Flag Law: US Code Title 4 Section 8 Paragraph (a): The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
The United States of America has been in a state of dire distress since November 8, 2016. Flying the flag upside down is not only our right, it is our duty!
Make Maine Massachusetts again!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:08 am

Trumpostan wrote:I'm pleased to see that many hear dislike and/or despise that idiot Roger Goodell as much as I do. Eff him and eff his favorite team (NY Jets) too.

Hey Goodell, ready for another ass kicking? Just bring on that court case against Brady...

WHAT?! GOODELL IS A JETS FAN?!

ALL IS SO CLEAR, NOW!!! :rofl:
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:10 am

Librica wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:I have to admit, at this point in the season, the Jags still have a tangible chance of winning the AFC South. Honestly, I think they've got a better shot than the Texans or Titans. you just gotta hope the Colts keep losing.

You can have the division, but your game against New Orleans, that's ours. :lol:
-Alan Jackson

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:00 am

Luminesa wrote:
Librica wrote:

You can have the division, but your game against New Orleans, that's ours. :lol:

Isn't New Orleans' uselessness going to be proven on Sunday?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:03 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Luminesa wrote:

Isn't New Orleans' uselessness going to be proven on Sunday?

The Saints already ended the Falcons' undefeated season. I see no reason to doubt that they might do the same to Carolina.
And now I realize that isn't who they're playing. :palm:
Oh well. The Giants should be even less troublesome for them than the Panthers would have been.
Last edited by Idzequitch on Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:49 am

Idzequitch wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Isn't New Orleans' uselessness going to be proven on Sunday?

The Saints already ended the Falcons' undefeated season. I see no reason to doubt that they might do the same to Carolina.

It's a Division kinda thang. We hate the Falcons, but the only ones who get to pummel the
Falcons are us. :lol2:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheOnlyOneAllowedToDefeatYou
-Alan Jackson

Librica (Ancient)
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Librica (Ancient) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:59 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Isn't New Orleans' uselessness going to be proven on Sunday?

Oh well. The Giants should be even less troublesome for them than the Panthers would have been.

The Falcons should have won that. Between Julio Jones, Roddy White and Freeman they should have been able to score ALOT more points. They just played a really bad game. It doesn't prove anything for the Saints just yet.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:01 pm

Librica wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:The Saints already ended the Falcons' undefeated season. I see no reason to doubt that they might do the same to Carolina.

The Falcons should have won that. Between Julio Jones, Roddy White and Freeman they should have been able to score ALOT more points. They just played a really bad game. It doesn't prove anything for the Saints just yet.

You sure? We beat the Cowboys and the Colts, too. And I think beating an undefeated team should mean something.

It means we ain't dead yet! :3
-Alan Jackson

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:09 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Librica wrote:

You sure? We beat the Cowboys and the Colts, too. And I think beating an undefeated team should mean something.

It's gonna be rough for you with Atlanta and Carolina still so far ahead of you, but you are still kicking. And throwing. And rushing. And catching. And tackling. You get the idea.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:11 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Luminesa wrote:

It's gonna be rough for you with Atlanta and Carolina still so far ahead of you, but you are still kicking. And throwing. And rushing. And catching. And tackling. You get the idea.

Yerp. :)

We have Drew Brees and Delvin Breaux is figuring things out, so I have hope.
-Alan Jackson

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:17 pm

Bythyrona wrote:
Arkinesia wrote:Fire Lovie Smith. That's the prescription for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

When you're 4-1 and blow a 24-0 lead, that's one thing.

When you're 2-3, coming off a 2-14 season, and blow a 24-0 lead, you should be immediately fired.

I get that the Glazers have fucked themselves and still owe Schiano money, but seriously, the coach is the problem, all possibilities have been exhausted. Lovie must go.

I think you have those two mixed up, honestly.

Well yeah the Glazers suck too. But it's not like we can fire them.
Bisexual, atheist, Southerner. Not much older but made much wiser.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

Outer Sparta
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:05 pm

Given the state of the AFC South, division leaders shouldn't get a guarantee for a playoff spot. Teams 8-8 or below should be barred from a playoff spot, and a third wildcard will be given. If there are two division leaders who finish 8-8 or below, a fourth wildcard will be given, if they're in the same division.
Free Palestine, stop the genocide in Gaza

New Jerzylvania
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jerzylvania » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:34 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:It's gonna be rough for you with Atlanta and Carolina still so far ahead of you, but you are still kicking. And throwing. And rushing. And catching. And tackling. You get the idea.

Then there was the purple crayon eating fan... http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/10/ ... ot-do-this

Ya know, Gummy Tums come in a couple of other flavors. Banana is one, shaped as Drew Brees. Quite popular last year.

I owe ya that one, at minimum. :p
Last edited by New Jerzylvania on Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEFCON 1

Clinton/Kaine 2016

It is the solemn and patriotic duty of all true Americans to prevent the election of Donald J. Trump as the next President of the United States by use of the ballot box.
Even if it means you might have to be called for jury duty!

New Jerzylvania
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jerzylvania » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:58 pm

Arkinesia wrote:
Bythyrona wrote:I think you have those two mixed up, honestly.

Well yeah the Glazers suck too. But it's not like we can fire them.

The Buccaneers were flirting with moving to Baltimore once in 1994. Thank God they didn't.

BTW, today is the 20th anniversary of Modell announcing the Browns were moving to Baltimore. No other moved franchise or expansion franchise (since Super Bowl I in 1966) has been as successful. Yes, the Ravens are 2 for 2 in Super Bowl games. In fact, six of these eleven teams have zero, with five having just one. That list includes.... Bucs, Panthers, LA/Oak. Raiders, Tenn. Titans, Indy Colts, Texans, Jags, St. Louis Rams, AZ Cardinals, Browns, Seahawks. Only 3 of the listed teams are younger than the Ravens, the Titans(1997), Texans(2002) and Browns (1999). Only one (Titans) of these three have even been to a Super Bowl, none have won.

Baltimore is the King of the NFL newbies!!! So we get to have a bad season this year, we earned the right... so all you fans of these slacker teams need to get over it! :p
Last edited by New Jerzylvania on Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DEFCON 1

Clinton/Kaine 2016

It is the solemn and patriotic duty of all true Americans to prevent the election of Donald J. Trump as the next President of the United States by use of the ballot box.
Even if it means you might have to be called for jury duty!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:29 pm

New Jerzylvania wrote:
Luminesa wrote:

Then there was the purple crayon eating fan... http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/10/ ... ot-do-this

Ya know, Gummy Tums come in a couple of other flavors. Banana is one, shaped as Drew Brees. Quite popular last year.

Poor kid... :(

Ooh, banana! I love banana! :lol:
-Alan Jackson

Outer Sparta
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:35 pm

Luminesa wrote:
New Jerzylvania wrote:

Here are your keys to the commish office. Proudly take them. Now ban Goodell from the NFL once and for all and do the right thing!
Free Palestine, stop the genocide in Gaza

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:10 pm

Outer Sparta wrote:
Luminesa wrote:

Here are your keys to the commish office. Proudly take them. Now ban Goodell from the NFL once and for all and do the right thing!

If you're willing to drive me to New York to lead in a protest, let's do this. :p
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General