NATION

PASSWORD

Metal Thread 2: In Metal There Is No Law

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Founded: Oct 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:13 pm

Kiaculta wrote:Kar, the heaviest of metal is arguably death metal. Want your kids to listen to that?

Please. Death is hardly that heavy.

And no, I would never want my kids listening to death metal. Listening to death metal just shows a lack of appreciation for heavy metal's overall sound. Death metal has some of the most mediocre musicians in the genre, and I don't need to repeat how shitty their vocals are. They just play really loudly so it doesn't sound as bad as it actually is. Fortunately, loud =/= heavy.

Honestly, heavy metal was one of the worst things to come out of metal, right up there with black metal screeching, St. Anger, and Varg Vikernes.

But if they choose to listen to that crap, I won't really have much choice but to accept it. I'm not your mom, Kia. I don't hate people because of their shitty different taste in music, and I certainly wouldn't cut them out of my life because I disagree with their musical tastes. They would be my children after all. Now, if you went out and burned down a church, then yeah, they forget being invited to the Thanksgiving Dinner.

Fortunately, I will raise them to know better than to commit arson and vandalism and just all around act like a douche.

Faschist Deutsch Reich wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:

Is this supposed to be funny, or do I just have a have a poor sense of humour? :meh:

It is funny, you're just a prune.

The republic of Kosh Naranek wrote:
Kiaculta wrote:Kar, the heaviest of metal is arguably death metal. Want your kids to listen to that?

I would, if my future husband (If I get one) agrees to adopt a kid.

Wait, are you a girl? Or are you a Halford?
#FeelTheBern
Don't call them ISIS/ISIL/IS, call them Daesh. They hate that.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:17 pm

Holy fuck Kar the blatent bullshit you're spewing is fucking toxic.

You don't play an instrument, you can't distinguish between a C and a C#, and you think Bring Me The Horizon, Limp Bizkit, and Asking Alexandria are good bands. Your ears are completely fucked. And you're going to go out and spew complete bullshit about a genre you don't know anything about.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:19 pm

NeuPolska wrote:Holy fuck Kar the blatent bullshit you're spewing is fucking toxic.

You don't play an instrument, you can't distinguish between a C and a C#, and you think Bring Me The Horizon, Limp Bizkit, and Asking Alexandria are good bands. Your ears are completely fucked. And you're going to go out and spew complete bullshit about a genre you don't know anything about.

If I hadn't agreed to stop insulting Kar I would be on a tirade now. But seriously kid, you're simply an idiot. That's all I have to say. We'll be better off when you get tired of metal as a whole.
Last edited by Kiaculta on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lars Ulrich: Hello, Dave. Look at your band. Now back to mine. Now back at your band. Now back to mine. Sadly, your band isn't mine, but if they stopped playing pure thrash metal and switched to a tough guy version of Motley Crue, they could sell like they're Metallica! Look down, back up, where are you? You're on the high road, taking it higher like a super collider. That album was great. What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's a hard drive with all the private information of the users we banned from Napster. Look again, the hard drive is now Babymetal. Anything is possible when your band reeks of pop. I'm wearing a thong.

Varg Vikernes can fuck off.

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:20 pm

NeuPolska wrote:Holy fuck Kar the blatent bullshit you're spewing is fucking toxic.

My ears aren't fucked. Only people who listen to black metal screeching for more than 5 minutes and call it 'good' have fucked ears.
#FeelTheBern

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:22 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:

My ears aren't fucked. Only people who listen to black metal screeching for more than 5 minutes and call it 'good' have fucked ears.

This is getting intolerable. You are such a ridiculously ignorant, close-minded human being.
Lars Ulrich: Hello, Dave. Look at your band. Now back to mine. Now back at your band. Now back to mine. Sadly, your band isn't mine, but if they stopped playing pure thrash metal and switched to a tough guy version of Motley Crue, they could sell like they're Metallica! Look down, back up, where are you? You're on the high road, taking it higher like a super collider. That album was great. What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's a hard drive with all the private information of the users we banned from Napster. Look again, the hard drive is now Babymetal. Anything is possible when your band reeks of pop. I'm wearing a thong.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:22 pm

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:23 pm

Kiaculta wrote:

If I hadn't agreed to stop insulting Kar I would be on a tirade now. But seriously kid, you're simply an idiot. That's all I have to say. We'll be better off when you get tired of metal as a whole.

Cut the elitist shit, Kia. Just because I don't like a hungry cookie monster/dog Slayer fanboy as a vocalist doesn't mean I'll ever get tired of metal.

Liking death metal is not a requirement for liking metal.
#FeelTheBern

Faschist Deutsch Reich
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Faschist Deutsch Reich » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:23 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:Please. Death is hardly that heavy.

Oh, you must think yourself so br00t4l! Maybe the music is too soft for you, so that it why you don't like it.

Kar-Esseria wrote:Death metal has some of the most mediocre musicians in the genre

You try too hard at times. Have you ever heard of Technical Death Metal? You are absolutely clueless.

Also, all genres are filled with mediocre musicians, therefore your point is invalid.

Kar-Esseria wrote:It is funny, you're just a prune.

Prune? I have heard worse insults come from 6 year olds...
Last edited by Faschist Deutsch Reich on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RYM Account
Calimama wrote:You are the tech master now, all hail 'O Wise Technical God.

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:23 pm

Kiaculta wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:

This is getting intolerable. You are such a ridiculously ignorant, close-minded human being.

Because I have a different opinion?

You really are a major elitist, you know that?
#FeelTheBern

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:24 pm

You're using the term "elitist" like some metalheads use "poser".

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted

Faschist Deutsch Reich
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Faschist Deutsch Reich » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:27 pm

NeuPolska wrote:You're using the term "elitist" like some metalheads use "poser".

At the rate that things are going In this thread, being called an "Elitist" should be seen as a term of endearment. :p
RYM Account
Calimama wrote:You are the tech master now, all hail 'O Wise Technical God.

Bodobol
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bodobol » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:32 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Related.

+10 for Dio.

Kiaculta wrote:
So you DON'T like Five Finger Death Punch, Asking Alexandria, Bring Me The Horizon, Bullet For My Valentine, Breaking Benjamin, and Limp Bizkit?

None of those have shitty vocals. None. Go away.

5FDP, BMTH, BFMV, and BB especially don't have shitty vocals. AA and LB is up for debate.

Impaled Nazarene wrote:Kar have you heard Where The Corpses Sink forever? The vocals are easy to understand. Granted Phantom Ship might be better but Corpses is much more balanced

Speaking of CA would anyone be interested in reading a review on Where The Corpses Sink Forever if i wrote it on the thread?

Never heard either of them.

Bodobol wrote:
FFDP =/= metal
AA =/= metal
BMTH =/= metal
BFMV =/= metal
Breaking Benjamin =/= metal
Limp Bizkit =/= metal

0/6 try again. You got some metalcore bands in there but I don't think that's generally considered metal.

5FDP = Heavy Metal
AA = Metalcore
BMTH = Metalcore
BFMV = Metalcore
BB = Alternative Metal
Limp Bizkit = Rap Metal

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not metal. Metalcore is metal.

Corrian wrote:ll I know is my kids ain't falling into listening to Justin Bieber (Or that equivalent by then), and they're gonna be rockin' out like me! :P

A-fucking-men to that.

First thing my kids will hear is the hardest of rock and the heaviest of metal. The classics first, then the later stuff. :p

I like BMTH and some BFMV songs, saying it wasn't metal wasn't meant as an insult, just a neutral opinion.
Last.fmRead my blogshe/her

The republic of Kosh Naranek
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The republic of Kosh Naranek » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:33 pm

I would, if my future husband (If I get one) agrees to adopt a kid.

Wait, are you a girl? Or are you a Halford?[/quote]
I am a bisexual homoromantic.
Hello, just a fellow headbanger, wondering about the future.
I'm a bisexual homoromantic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC5PU9YNlGM

I am a center-left moderate social libertarian Left: 2.79, Libertarian: 2.71 If you want to take the same quiz: http://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/politi ... -quiz.html

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:35 pm

The republic of Kosh Naranek wrote:I would, if my future husband (If I get one) agrees to adopt a kid.

I am a bisexual homoromantic.[/quote]

Don't bother, he'll go "you're weird" and "Murica" on you.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The republic of Kosh Naranek » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:36 pm

Kiaculta wrote:

I am a bisexual homoromantic.

Don't bother, he'll go "you're weird" and "Murica" on you.[/quote]
I might as well be honest.

I am a center-left moderate social libertarian Left: 2.79, Libertarian: 2.71 If you want to take the same quiz: http://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/politi ... -quiz.html

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:42 pm

What exactly is a bisexual homoromantic?

First time I've ever heard someone say that.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The republic of Kosh Naranek » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:44 pm

NeuPolska wrote:What exactly is a bisexual homoromantic?

First time I've ever heard someone say that.

Allow me to explain, It means an individual with sexual attractions to the male and female sexes, but only romantic attraction to the same sex.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:55 pm

Kiaculta wrote:
The republic of Kosh Naranek wrote:I would, if my future husband (If I get one) agrees to adopt a kid.

No kids for me. Ever. I'm going to be that cool uncle that my nieces/nephews like but my brother despises for not "settling down".

Hey, me too. I always wanted to be the cool uncle.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The republic of Kosh Naranek » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:58 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Kiaculta wrote:
No kids for me. Ever. I'm going to be that cool uncle that my nieces/nephews like but my brother despises for not "settling down".

Hey, me too. I always wanted to be the cool uncle.

If I can't get a husband, then I'm the cool death metal vocalist uncle.

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:00 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Hey, me too. I always wanted to be the cool uncle.

Cool death metal drummer uncle.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The republic of Kosh Naranek » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:05 pm

Kiaculta wrote:

Cool death metal drummer uncle.

And every Thanksgiving or Hanukkah, I'll be wearing a replica of Chuck Schuldiners kitten sweater or a Piece of mind shirt.

New Rob Halfordia
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Rob Halfordia » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:07 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:
Cosumar wrote:I'm really digging this song. It's pretty awesome.

I fail to see how he was being intolerant simply by stating his opinion.

Oh, and Star Wars > LOTR in everything except music.

It was a completely unnecessary comment. He's basically saying the idea of a God is completely ridiculous, as if he knows this for a fact. It's one thing to not believe in God, but that doesn't mean you have to run around saying "God isn't real!" all the time. I could easily say irreligion shouldn't be taken literally because you can't possibly know if a God does or does not exist. I don't run around saying "God is real!" all the time.

I don't care what religion or lack thereof you believe in, just don't go around broadcasting your beliefs like they're the undeniable truth. That's basically just saying "Everyone is wrong but my specific group!", I just don't think people need to broadcast their religious beliefs all the time.

You don't believe in God? That's fine, just don't go running around acting like it's a fact that God doesn't exist. You don't know that for sure, that's just your belief, just as it is my belief that God does exist. Neither of us can prove nor disprove our positions, so let's just not fucking talk like we can.

Religion is like sexuality: Keep it to yourself unless it happens to come up or if someone asks.

Now, if he had said something like "Religion shouldn't be taken too seriously", that would've been fine, and he would've been right. Many people take their religious beliefs far too seriously, but saying there's no such thing as God, as if it's a fact, as if he's 100% positive, as if he could possibly hold the knowledge necessary to determine that there isn't a God without room for error, is just stupid and a bit arrogant.

But god isn't real.
Siliarba wrote:I stayed out of his way and let him do his thing, but the guy is a monster, a thing worse than cancer that needs to be removed and destroyed.

Kiris the korrupter wrote:Article 1 yb REMOVE new rob halfordia for being annoying cunt new rob halfordia toxic poster rob interaction like injecting toxic into eye

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The republic of Kosh Naranek » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:08 pm

New Rob Halfordia wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:
It was a completely unnecessary comment. He's basically saying the idea of a God is completely ridiculous, as if he knows this for a fact. It's one thing to not believe in God, but that doesn't mean you have to run around saying "God isn't real!" all the time. I could easily say irreligion shouldn't be taken literally because you can't possibly know if a God does or does not exist. I don't run around saying "God is real!" all the time.

I don't care what religion or lack thereof you believe in, just don't go around broadcasting your beliefs like they're the undeniable truth. That's basically just saying "Everyone is wrong but my specific group!", I just don't think people need to broadcast their religious beliefs all the time.

You don't believe in God? That's fine, just don't go running around acting like it's a fact that God doesn't exist. You don't know that for sure, that's just your belief, just as it is my belief that God does exist. Neither of us can prove nor disprove our positions, so let's just not fucking talk like we can.

Religion is like sexuality: Keep it to yourself unless it happens to come up or if someone asks.

Now, if he had said something like "Religion shouldn't be taken too seriously", that would've been fine, and he would've been right. Many people take their religious beliefs far too seriously, but saying there's no such thing as God, as if it's a fact, as if he's 100% positive, as if he could possibly hold the knowledge necessary to determine that there isn't a God without room for error, is just stupid and a bit arrogant.

But god isn't real.

Says the guy with a dave mustaine avatar.

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:12 pm

New Rob Halfordia wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:

But god isn't real.

Oh dear, Kar is gonna go apeshit.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The republic of Kosh Naranek » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:15 pm

Kiaculta wrote:
New Rob Halfordia wrote:But god isn't real.

Oh dear, Kar is gonna go apeshit.

Let us don our Slayer t-shirts and grab the dildos. IT'S TIME TO MOCK KAR.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction