NATION

PASSWORD

NO MAN's LAND: A Survival RP (OOC/ENDED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Seventh Oblivion
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Seventh Oblivion » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:59 pm

Name: Naoh Austin Carlson
Nation Name: Seventh Oblivion
Birthplace: Dallas, Texas.
Ethnicity: White
Pic/Description:

Immunity: Partial

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Cautious, Alert, Intelligent, Friendly, Relaxed, Trustworthy, Reliable and Down to Earth.

Skills: Noah has never really excelled at any particular things, but he has shown that he is a broad achiever, a man of many skills and talents. He can speak Italian, mainly because of his father being Italian. He has great judgement and knows who to trust and who to be careful around.

His marksman skills are not the best, but he makes up for that by being incredidbly fast and agile. Noah is very fit and has fairly high stamina. His pain endurance is moderate, so he can take many hits before being brought down. Noah can also outrun most people, but not everyone. Survival will be a rough challenge for him, but if he meets the right people, he has good chances.

Bio: Noah Austin Carlson was born on 28th of October. His childhood was a dismal one, with many bad memories to hide, these were the foundations of his life as an adult. Just after he was born, him and his parents moved to Aspen to try and find a more secure future for their slowly collapsing family.

Two years into the outbreak, his parents decided to stay with him and to try and protect him as best they could. Noah would grow up in a constantly changing environment and would always be on the run. Unfortunately, when he was fourteen, his mother was infected, leaving him and his father to survive together. They did so successfully for the next thirteen years, scavenging for food and stocking up on ammunition.

But, even more unfortunately, when Noah was 27, his father was killed in a tragic misunderstanding betwen another survival group. His father was getting very old and could not function as well as he should have been. Things only got worse from there as Noah was left to fight on his own for the first time in his life. The first two years went very well, but what will happen now?

RP Examples: Ostea IC, Aurora High, Imperial War Academy.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:10 pm

Seventh Oblivion wrote:>SNIP<

ACCEPTED.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:25 pm

Quick question: so are the regular infected zombie-like? Like, do they just wander aimlessly and strike out at anything that comes near them and are attracted to light and sound?

Peace Loving Warlords
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Peace Loving Warlords » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:30 pm

Ontorisa wrote:Quick question: so are the regular infected zombie-like? Like, do they just wander aimlessly and strike out at anything that comes near them and are attracted to light and sound?

Basic infected are pretty rare at this point in the timeline with most of the regular ones having died of exposer and starvation years ago. So while they're not necessarily impossible to find, they tend to be from more recent victims of infection. As for their behavior, think of them like the standard infected from Left for Dead, fast and relentless but anything but impervious to bullets regular wounds. I hope this was helpful to you!

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:31 pm

Peace Loving Warlords wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:Quick question: so are the regular infected zombie-like? Like, do they just wander aimlessly and strike out at anything that comes near them and are attracted to light and sound?

Basic infected are pretty rare at this point in the timeline with most of the regular ones having died of exposer and starvation years ago. So while they're not necessarily impossible to find, they tend to be from more recent victims of infection. As for their behavior, think of them like the standard infected from Left for Dead, fast and relentless but anything but impervious to bullets regular wounds. I hope this was helpful to you!

Thanks. I was putting in my two characters encountering a regular infected.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:32 pm

More or less. Their intelligence varies but for the most part they simply wander about with little aim or reason. They're not too zombie-like as they are not undead, and as such can be killed by most anything but can ignore pain to a considerable degree. There are not too many Infected left as most have died off due to exposure and starvation. If any are encountered then they are recently turned, and given the low number of people with no immunity their numbers are still low.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:40 pm

Beiarusia wrote:

More or less. Their intelligence varies but for the most part they simply wander about with little aim or reason. They're not too zombie-like as they are not undead, and as such can be killed by most anything but can ignore pain to a considerable degree. There are not too many Infected left as most have died off due to exposure and starvation. If any are encountered then they are recently turned, and given the low number of people with no immunity their numbers are still low.

Oh, so they're not impervious to bullets. So you're saying their pain tolerance is like a guy high on cocaine, he can't feel a thing until it gets rough? Gotcha, so that's like ~5-6 bullets.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:55 pm

Ontorisa wrote:>SNIP<

That's one way to put it. General rule of thumb is that if it will kill a normal human (organ damage, bleeding out, necrosis, etc.) then it will kill an Infected, they simply won't drop from the shock setting in.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:17 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:>SNIP<

That's one way to put it. General rule of thumb is that if it will kill a normal human (organ damage, bleeding out, necrosis, etc.) then it will kill an Infected, they simply won't drop from the shock setting in.

Gotcha. Seems good.

On another note, anyone want to meet up at the Colorado-Wyoming border?

Peace Loving Warlords
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Peace Loving Warlords » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:21 pm

Ontorisa wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:More or less. Their intelligence varies but for the most part they simply wander about with little aim or reason. They're not too zombie-like as they are not undead, and as such can be killed by most anything but can ignore pain to a considerable degree. There are not too many Infected left as most have died off due to exposure and starvation. If any are encountered then they are recently turned, and given the low number of people with no immunity their numbers are still low.

Oh, so they're not impervious to bullets. So you're saying their pain tolerance is like a guy high on cocaine, he can't feel a thing until it gets rough? Gotcha, so that's like ~5-6 bullets.

Hell of a drug...

Peace Loving Warlords
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Peace Loving Warlords » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:35 pm

"Devil's Blade" is posted and up. ? I didnt forget about you guys waiting in town... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:39 pm

Posted for Sera.

Seventh Oblivion
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Seventh Oblivion » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:42 pm

I will be posting a lot later, I don't have the time right now.

Maverica
Minister

Founded: Jun 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maverica » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:47 am

Mizrad wrote:Hey guys quick question, considering my current situation I'm probably not going to be able to post for another week or two. Would it be okay with everyone if I had Matt and Gared go off on their own for a bit then when I'm ready to post again return them to the story?

Fine by me. I got my own problems that need.... "Taken cared of" also.
Philippians 2:14~Do everything without complaining, or arguing.

"We need to build a WALL!" ~ Donald Trump

Sarejo
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:34 am

Hey PLW how is that BOLO on Westley and Lucia going to affect them? Is it good or bad?
Cheers mates.

Peace Loving Warlords
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Peace Loving Warlords » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:45 am

Sarejo wrote:Hey PLW how is that BOLO on Westley and Lucia going to affect them? Is it good or bad?

"BOLO"?

Partially Blind People
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Partially Blind People » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:56 am

Ontorisa wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:That's one way to put it. General rule of thumb is that if it will kill a normal human (organ damage, bleeding out, necrosis, etc.) then it will kill an Infected, they simply won't drop from the shock setting in.

Gotcha. Seems good.

The New Colonies horse guards are in Wyoming somewhere. I meant to use them when posting got slow but forgot about it.
Generation 34 (The first time you see this, copy it into your signiture on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
Loyal World of the Imperium of Man
The unfortunate truth of politics:
Vulkanas wrote:And so, after many months of fighting, squabbling, and not doing much else, nothing was accomplished.
THE END

Peace Loving Warlords
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Peace Loving Warlords » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:04 am

Partially Blind People wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:
Gotcha. Seems good.

The New Colonies horse guards are in Wyoming somewhere. I meant to use them when posting got slow but forgot about it.

Well I guess this is your chance to use em eh?

Sarejo
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:40 am

Peace Loving Warlords wrote:
Sarejo wrote:Hey PLW how is that BOLO on Westley and Lucia going to affect them? Is it good or bad?

"BOLO"?

"Be On the Look Out for"
Cheers mates.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:38 pm

Ontorisa wrote:
Gotcha. Seems good.

I think it would be a good idea.

Also, what vibes are you guys getting from my characters so far? I'm trying to figure out what to do with them.

Partially Blind People
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Partially Blind People » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:44 pm

Ontorisa wrote:

Also, what vibes are you guys getting from my characters so far? I'm trying to figure out what to do with them.

I like them although they seem somewhat naive for twenty-seven years into the apocalypse. I think the last post would have potentially been better done as though they were breaking down from the stress of it over time, rather than a response to a seemingly new situation, although I don't know, others may think differently.

Also, a lack of inspiration has befallen me tonight, hence I probably won't get a post up until Wednesday. I'm not sure what to do with the Horse Guards right now, if I move them to the Colorado border to interact with characters, it puts me dangerously close to the Vultures which could result in me effectively using them as a faction instead of a filling device, unless we're aiming for a pitched battle between the Vultures and a large group/groups in which case I'll run them down straight away.
Generation 34 (The first time you see this, copy it into your signiture on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
Loyal World of the Imperium of Man
The unfortunate truth of politics:
Vulkanas wrote:And so, after many months of fighting, squabbling, and not doing much else, nothing was accomplished.
THE END

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:48 pm

Ontorisa wrote:

I like them although they seem somewhat naive for twenty-seven years into the apocalypse. I think the last post would have potentially been better done as though they were breaking down from the stress of it over time, rather than a response to a seemingly new situation, although I don't know, others may think differently.

Well, the Dominion doesn't really approve of having people outside of their town walls unless if it's absolutely dire. So they mostly went off of stories their parents and grand parents (both of whom would most likely have gone through the initial apocalypse) told them. It's mostly a male-dominated society with a couple of female politicians here and there, so the males would have seen more outside action than the females would have (reason why I had Roberts being cool and calm while Potter-Smith had a mini-breakdown).

Also, a lack of inspiration has befallen me tonight, hence I probably won't get a post up until Wednesday. I'm not sure what to do with the Horse Guards right now, if I move them to the Colorado border to interact with characters, it puts me dangerously close to the Vultures which could result in me effectively using them as a faction instead of a filling device, unless we're aiming for a pitched battle between the Vultures and a large group/groups in which case I'll run them down straight away.

Nah, I'm on US Route 287, so that's relatively far away from Denver on foot or on horseback.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:13 pm

Posted. Finally.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Unified Free Lands
Senator

Founded: Jul 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Free Lands » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:14 pm

I wanna get back into this RP... Maybe I'll have a post tomorrow.
Here lies a bad OP.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:15 pm

Wait, so what happened? Denver's gone as a safe haven?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse