NATION

PASSWORD

OOC: Civil Unrest in Tahar Joblis

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Tahar Joblis
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

OOC: Civil Unrest in Tahar Joblis

Postby Tahar Joblis » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:23 am

Here will be discussed the OOC for this thread.

I will tell you right off the bat that Tahar Sevas is a puppet of mine. You are welcome to join the thread for any of several purposes, including attempting to further your own nations' ambitions in Tahar Joblis, creating another splinter state, et cetera. If you wish to learn anything about Tahar Joblis, I will be delighted to answer any questions.

For the moment, the thread is open - and by open, I mean "don't be a dick, but feel free to come in."

The isle of Seva is discussed a little bit here. Ibn Ahadan was a pirate of sorts, so the Sevan declaration can be considered reasonably alarming. By the standards of Tahar Joblis, the Tahar Sevas local autonomous council are hard right-wing capitalist militants (by which you can see they've landed in the NS category of "inoffensive centrist democracy.") I've made a separate puppet in order to help display the policy differences more clearly, so you can see how the Sevans are deciding issues differently. The Armed Republic of Tahar Sevas is likely to re-legalize privateering (hopefully I can get that issue quickly).

I've also created another puppet that will show up shortly in the thread for contrast purposes, the Holy Empire of Jo Ibilis Regnant, which will be located inland in Tahar Joblis and be ruled by someone claiming to be the Octopus Emperor Reborn. Theocracy might be a little tricky for me to manage.

Tahar Sevas
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tahar Sevas » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:51 pm

This RP may, I suppose, develop on the slow side. I could use some more breakaway pieces soon, if anybody would care to make some. There are other small isles, and a breakaway group can also occur on the mainland.
A part of Tahar Joblis. See here and here for details.

Ancient and Holy Terra
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient and Holy Terra » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:11 am

I don't mean to barge into your RP (actually, that's a huge lie) but I primarily see three ways to participate, each of which are alluded to in my introductory post:

1.) An Embassy evacuation, which has proven to be interesting in the past. That said, I'm unaware whether or not Tahar Joblis contains embassies, so this may need to be retconned.

2.) The use of the TMSDF to protect registered Ancient Terran shipping from privateers, with the accompanying element of hostage taking. Obviously, this has the potential to evolve into a multinational coalition.

3.) A small ethnic group seceding from Tahar Joblis and demanding support and recognition from the international community. This would certainly make a mess of Ancient Terra's plans to aid Tahar Joblis in suppressing the breakaway provinces, given that the people of this one particular island are (largely) the same ethnicity as my own population. I based this idea on the spread of Chinese and Japanese laborers to the Caribbean and South America, where they today constitute sizable ethnic groups. If I can follow through with this idea, I'd likely create a small puppet to make things simple.

This is entirely your RP, of course. Please let me know what you'd expect from me to get the ball rolling, or what needs to be changed. ;)
Last edited by Ancient and Holy Terra on Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tahar Joblis
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tahar Joblis » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:05 am

Ancient and Holy Terra wrote:I don't mean to barge into your RP (actually, that's a huge lie) but I primarily see three ways to participate, each of which are alluded to in my introductory post:

1.) An Embassy evacuation, which has proven to be interesting in the past. That said, I'm unaware whether or not Tahar Joblis contains embassies, so this may need to be retconned.

2.) The use of the TMSDF to protect registered Ancient Terran shipping from privateers, with the accompanying element of hostage taking. Obviously, this has the potential to evolve into a multinational coalition.

3.) A small ethnic group seceding from Tahar Joblis and demanding support and recognition from the international community. This would certainly make a mess of Ancient Terra's plans to aid Tahar Joblis in suppressing the breakaway provinces, given that the people of this one particular island are (largely) the same ethnicity as my own population. I based this idea on the spread of Chinese and Japanese laborers to the Caribbean and South America, where they today constitute sizable ethnic groups. If I can follow through with this idea, I'd likely create a small puppet to make things simple.

This is entirely your RP, of course. Please let me know what you'd expect from me to get the ball rolling, or what needs to be changed. ;)

All of these can work. I'll try to give you some hooks to work with. On #3, I've stuck a few fresh-made puppets in the region Greater Tahar Joblis as a convenient listing-point.

What's likely to happen in terms of trying to suppress Tahar Sevas is that there will be a mission to retake the Arsenal - and then, likely, some dissident from inside will leak just the wrong thing at just the wrong time, leading to at least an internal political disaster. I should have time to put some posts up within the next twelve hours or so.

Ancient and Holy Terra
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient and Holy Terra » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:38 am

Tahar Joblis wrote:
Ancient and Holy Terra wrote:I don't mean to barge into your RP (actually, that's a huge lie) but I primarily see three ways to participate, each of which are alluded to in my introductory post:

All of these can work. I'll try to give you some hooks to work with. On #3, I've stuck a few fresh-made puppets in the region Greater Tahar Joblis as a convenient listing-point.

What's likely to happen in terms of trying to suppress Tahar Sevas is that there will be a mission to retake the Arsenal - and then, likely, some dissident from inside will leak just the wrong thing at just the wrong time, leading to at least an internal political disaster. I should have time to put some posts up within the next twelve hours or so.

Sounds great. No rush, as you said this could take a while to get going. :)

Outer Taharasopolissa
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Outer Taharasopolissa » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:03 pm

(Yes, this is also TJ).

If the speech posted sounds familiar, all but the last few lines are borrowed nearly wholesale in a sequence of Malcom X, Lincoln, Hitler, Charlton Heston, and Churchill. ;)
A part of Tahar Joblis. See here and here for details.

Ancient and Holy Terra
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient and Holy Terra » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:26 pm

I apologize for not replying yet; I've been slightly ill.

Russian food generally does a number on my insides, and I suppose eating it in Beijing hardly helps matters. :lol:

I'll draft a couple of responses as soon as I return from lunch.

Ancient and Holy Terra
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient and Holy Terra » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:00 am

Just for the sake of organization and clarity, I'm going to start a running list of Terran characters, assets and operations involved in this RP.

Characters

Politicians
Name: Emperor Taichi Kamiya
Role: Head of State of the Mimana Imperial Republic

Name: Talus Karn
Role: Prime Minister

Name: Fuku Mitsutaro
Role: Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs

Name: Dachi Motomiya
Role: Diet member, President of the Liberal Democratic Party

Name: Shigeru Yoshida
Role: Diet member, Vice President of the Liberal Democratic Party

Name: Ambassador Yoriko Kato
Role: Ancient Terra's senior representative in the Rogue State of Tahar Joblis
Location: Embassy of the Mimana Imperial Republic of Ancient Terra, Taharasopolissa

Military
Name: Lord Admiral Yamato 'Matt' Ishida
Role: Chief of Staff of the Joint Staff Office

Name: Vice Admiral Miyako 'Yolei' Inoue
Role: Chief of Naval Operations
Location: ATN Vao - Flagship, 2nd Fleet - ~4800 km from Tahar Joblis

Name: Rear Admiral Ryuichi Kamiyama
Role: Commanding Officer, Expeditionary Strike Group 8
Location: ATN Second Summer - Flagship, ESG 8 - ~450 km east of Tahar Joblis

Name: Sergeant Wataru Yamazaki
Role: Team Leader, Weapon Team 2, Scout-Sniper Platoon

Name: Corporal Yuki Matsushita
Role: Team Member, Weapon Team 2, Scout-Sniper Platoon

Civilians
Name: Melissa Ariya
Role: Ancient Terran News Network (ATNN) Anchor

Name: Koushiro Iyagi
Role: Ancient Terran News Network (ATNN) Anchor

Name: Ryouji Nomura
Role: Ancient Terran News Network (ATNN) Station Chief, Tahar Joblis
Location: Embassy of the Mimana Imperial Republic of Ancient Terra, Taharasopolissa

Name: Masao Takeuchi
Role: CEO of Yashioji Shipping Corporation (YTSC)

Terran Assets

Terran Maritime Self-Defense Force
Expeditionary Strike Group 8

-ATN Second Summer (LHDN-7) - (Jericho-class LHDN)
---Embarked Air Wing
----12x F-35B 'Lightning II' STOVL
----22x AH-1Z 'Viper' attack helicopters
----12x MH-53T 'Pave Low V' transport helicopters
----20x MH-60R 'Black Hawk' transport helicopters
-ATN Grace (CGN-27) - (Ankara-class CGN)
-ATN Regent (DDG-12) - (Centaur-class DDG)
-ATN Haku (FFG-44) - (Ardent-class FFG)
-ATN Ōsumi (LPDN-17) - (Bay-class LPDN)
-ATN Shimokita (LPDN-19) - (Bay-class LPDN)

Terran Amphibious Operations Command
8th Marine Expeditionary Unit (embarked aboard ESG 8)

-2,800x Marines
-14x M1A2 Abrams
-28x LAV-25
-30x Expeditionary Fighting Vehicles
-14x M777 155mm Howitzers
-130x HMMWV
-60x MTVR trucks

Terran Air Self-Defense Force
TASDF Special Operations Command, 17th Special Operations Squadron

-3x MC-130W "Combat Spear"

Terran International Cooperation Agency (TICA)
2nd Strategic Airlift Squadron

-2x C-10 "Minotaur"

Ongoing Operations

Operation Tenka - Evacuation of the Terran Embassy in Taharasopolissa
Operation Yosome - Deep Reconnaissance in Taharasopolissa

Looking through this, I feel like I just made things more confusing. :lol: Hopefully it will help streamline things in the future, however.
Last edited by Ancient and Holy Terra on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:54 am, edited 6 times in total.

Ancient and Holy Terra
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient and Holy Terra » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:38 pm

Sorry TJ, the NS forums were blocked by my damn Chinese ISP for a few days. :) I've got a couple posts in the pipeline that I'll put up ASAP.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents