NATION

PASSWORD

New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Treznor
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7343
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Treznor » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:36 am

Opola wrote:No universal healthcare in the US.

Yeah. Poor people deserve to suffer in sickness and accidents!

User avatar
No Names Left Damn It
Minister
 
Posts: 2757
Founded: Oct 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby No Names Left Damn It » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:37 am

Opola wrote:No universal healthcare in the US.


Why not?
Original join date March 25th 2008, bitches!
Economic Left/Right: 1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.12

User avatar
Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 23565
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:37 am

Opola wrote:No universal healthcare in the US.


It's amazing how most of the opponents to universal healthcare have health insurance. It's even more amazing how quickly they change their mind when they get something expensive and their insurance company drops them like a bad habit. :p
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

User avatar
No Names Left Damn It
Minister
 
Posts: 2757
Founded: Oct 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby No Names Left Damn It » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:38 am

Treznor wrote:Yeah. Poor people deserve to suffer in sickness and accidents!


It's clearly their own fault for being lazy and not having a real job.
Original join date March 25th 2008, bitches!
Economic Left/Right: 1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.12

User avatar
ThinkPads
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 41
Founded: Jul 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby ThinkPads » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:41 am

EvilDarkMagicians wrote:So you think the NHS is communism...so some Americans are actually scared of communism...wow. :unsure:


Over 100 million fatalities from Communism; apparently, to the totalitarian Left, a single death is a tragedy, but a hundred million is just a statistic.

User avatar
Treznor
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7343
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Treznor » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:42 am

ThinkPads wrote:
EvilDarkMagicians wrote:So you think the NHS is communism...so some Americans are actually scared of communism...wow. :unsure:


Over 100 million fatalities from Communism; apparently, to the totalitarian Left, a single death is a tragedy, but a hundred million is just a statistic.

You said it! How dare countries like Norway and Australia kill so many people!

User avatar
Muravyets
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12755
Founded: Aug 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Muravyets » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:42 am

ThinkPads wrote:
EvilDarkMagicians wrote:So you think the NHS is communism...so some Americans are actually scared of communism...wow. :unsure:


Over 100 million fatalities from Communism; apparently, to the totalitarian Left, a single death is a tragedy, but a hundred million is just a statistic.

You know what scares me? Irrelevant posts.
Kick back at Cafe Muravyets
And check out my other RP, too. (Don't take others' word for it -- see for yourself. ;) )
I agree with Muravyets because she scares me. -- Verdigroth
However, I am still not the topic of this thread.

User avatar
McIntyre Mulligan
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 25
Founded: Jul 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby McIntyre Mulligan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:45 am

We all need to vote for BNP to save Great Britain

We all British People need to pool together and vote BNP and sort out the fucking immigration problem, because current demographic trends show the native British people will be an ethnic minority in our own country within sixty years, that means we will be working for the fucking paki muslim pigs.

We dont have a police force in this country we have a police service. I do believe that Britain needs a tougher legal system. Law and order here is a joke. If you punch a police officer you will get a suspended sentence and probably a petty fine. You do the same in the USA you get 10 years and probably have to do the full 10 years without getting out early, put in an open prison or released on tag. The criminals thrive here because they know that the law is too lenient. If a potential child rapist or killer knew he would face te death penalty I know they would think twice.

Make laws that the people understand. I suggest the following :- mandatory death sentence for drug dealing (as in Saudi Arabia, the islamic states) and deportation for every member of the family. Immediate deportation for foreign citizens and every member of their family, if any of them is convicted of any offence along with a compulsory family
DNA scan and a mandatory prison/death sentence if they are caught in the UK again. All illegal immigrants to be deported immediatley and with the same sentence if they return. Since an old scam is to throw their passports away so the PC brigade can say "we cant send them home because we dont know where their from", announce with immediate effect anyone caught without a passport trying to enter the UK will be executed and say why, because our people are sick of immigrants laughing at us for being stupid as we say in the north, taking the piss. Mandatory scans at the airports for suspect drug smugglers, sentence as above.
Mandatory fines for anyone not reporting illegal immigrants and to any who sends them on their own to report to the local immigration centre (which idiot thinks they will go?) should be jailed, then sacked for stupidity and banned from any public or council post for life. We will probably have to execute a few before the message gets through. Can you imagine someone joining a cannabis growing ring if the bloke down the road has just been strung up, and if they are so thick, good riddance anyway. When governments are weak, people take advantage, can you imagine anyone taking the mick with the taliban? no chance.

Kids today have no respect for anyone or anything. They are brought up where a government tell parents you can't dicipline them and if you smack them, then you are a criminal. Then have the cheek to say kids are out of control and have no idea why.
National service should definatly be brought back. Not only will it teach the kids respect but keep them off the estates, give them a meaning, will keep them sponging off the dole and also have a respected authority looking over them. Also i Think national service should be a universal thing. "if you want to live in this country the you need to serve it, fight for it and protect it." You see how many immigrants decide to leave if they are told they need to do national service in return for living in our country. I promise you if national service comes back and is something everyone will have to do then the Polish, Pakis and Muslim pigs and asylum seekers will give Britain a wide berth.

Sadly,criminals today think it is their right to do what they see fit and harm who they want knowing that they will not get any equivalent punishment (if any) at all. The main reason why I believe in extremely severe punishments is a qoute "Either the state and its punishments frighten criminals or criminals will frighten and rule ordinary people" Think of today's society with these words in mind. A very perceptive remark by a Chinese judge 3500 years ago and still as true today. We have had thirty years of softly,softly PC and criminals laugh at us, lets try thirty years of making their lives a misery instead.

BNPs Britain Strikes Again

Fucking vote BNP

Fuck Pakis and Poles

User avatar
Opola
Diplomat
 
Posts: 962
Founded: Jun 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Opola » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:46 am

Go capitalism and no US healthcare reform!
United Federation of Sovereign Nations Member
Founder of the Original AMO
Party in control of Opola: Conservative Centrist Party

User avatar
No Names Left Damn It
Minister
 
Posts: 2757
Founded: Oct 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby No Names Left Damn It » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:51 am

Opola wrote:Go capitalism


I will agree with this. Moderate, regulated capitalism is the way forward.

Opola wrote:and no US healthcare reform!


But saying things like this is fucking retarded at best, and coldblooded and callous at worst.
Original join date March 25th 2008, bitches!
Economic Left/Right: 1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.12

User avatar
Sibirsky
Post Czar
 
Posts: 44938
Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Sibirsky » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:52 am

Opola wrote:Go capitalism and no US healthcare reform!


Go capitalism! Healthcare reform, unfortunately, is needed. However, the Obama/Pelosi approach is the exact opposite of the reform that is needed.
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

User avatar
Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 23565
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:52 am

Opola wrote:Go capitalism and no US healthcare reform!


So is this cheerleading shtick an admitting of your inability to debate your point using facts and reason?

Because I can get the same thing by listening to Rush Limbaugh if I were a masochist. :p
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

User avatar
Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 23565
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:53 am

Sibirsky wrote:
Opola wrote:Go capitalism and no US healthcare reform!


Go capitalism! Healthcare reform, unfortunately, is needed. However, the Obama/Pelosi approach is the exact opposite of the reform that is needed.


Fair enough. Come up with an alternative way to cover every American.
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

User avatar
McIntyre Mulligan
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 25
Founded: Jul 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby McIntyre Mulligan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:53 am

We all need to vote for BNP to save Great Britain

We all British People need to pool together and vote BNP and sort out the fucking immigration problem, because current demographic trends show the native British people will be an ethnic minority in our own country within sixty years, that means we will be working for the fucking paki muslim pigs.

We dont have a police force in this country we have a police service. I do believe that Britain needs a tougher legal system. Law and order here is a joke. If you punch a police officer you will get a suspended sentence and probably a petty fine. You do the same in the USA you get 10 years and probably have to do the full 10 years without getting out early, put in an open prison or released on tag. The criminals thrive here because they know that the law is too lenient. If a potential child rapist or killer knew he would face te death penalty I know they would think twice.

Make laws that the people understand. I suggest the following :- mandatory death sentence for drug dealing (as in Saudi Arabia, the islamic states) and deportation for every member of the family. Immediate deportation for foreign citizens and every member of their family, if any of them is convicted of any offence along with a compulsory family
DNA scan and a mandatory prison/death sentence if they are caught in the UK again. All illegal immigrants to be deported immediatley and with the same sentence if they return. Since an old scam is to throw their passports away so the PC brigade can say "we cant send them home because we dont know where their from", announce with immediate effect anyone caught without a passport trying to enter the UK will be executed and say why, because our people are sick of immigrants laughing at us for being stupid as we say in the north, taking the piss. Mandatory scans at the airports for suspect drug smugglers, sentence as above.
Mandatory fines for anyone not reporting illegal immigrants and to any who sends them on their own to report to the local immigration centre (which idiot thinks they will go?) should be jailed, then sacked for stupidity and banned from any public or council post for life. We will probably have to execute a few before the message gets through. Can you imagine someone joining a cannabis growing ring if the bloke down the road has just been strung up, and if they are so thick, good riddance anyway. When governments are weak, people take advantage, can you imagine anyone taking the mick with the taliban? no chance.

Kids today have no respect for anyone or anything. They are brought up where a government tell parents you can't dicipline them and if you smack them, then you are a criminal. Then have the cheek to say kids are out of control and have no idea why.
National service should definatly be brought back. Not only will it teach the kids respect but keep them off the estates, give them a meaning, will keep them sponging off the dole and also have a respected authority looking over them. Also i Think national service should be a universal thing. "if you want to live in this country the you need to serve it, fight for it and protect it." You see how many immigrants decide to leave if they are told they need to do national service in return for living in our country. I promise you if national service comes back and is something everyone will have to do then the Polish, Pakis and Muslim pigs and asylum seekers will give Britain a wide berth.

Sadly,criminals today think it is their right to do what they see fit and harm who they want knowing that they will not get any equivalent punishment (if any) at all. The main reason why I believe in extremely severe punishments is a qoute "Either the state and its punishments frighten criminals or criminals will frighten and rule ordinary people" Think of today's society with these words in mind. A very perceptive remark by a Chinese judge 3500 years ago and still as true today. We have had thirty years of softly,softly PC and criminals laugh at us, lets try thirty years of making their lives a misery instead.

BNPs Britain Strikes Again

Fucking vote BNP

Fuck Pakis and Poles

User avatar
Sibirsky
Post Czar
 
Posts: 44938
Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Sibirsky » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:58 am

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Sibirsky wrote:
Opola wrote:Go capitalism and no US healthcare reform!


Go capitalism! Healthcare reform, unfortunately, is needed. However, the Obama/Pelosi approach is the exact opposite of the reform that is needed.


Fair enough. Come up with an alternative way to cover every American.


I don't have to. People that actually know these things better than me already have come up with solutions. Although, not every American would be covered, all those that wish to be covered would. Some people, for whatever reason choose to not get covered. About one third of those without insurance make $50,000 or more. They can afford private insurance, but choose not to get it.
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

User avatar
Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 23565
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:01 am

Sibirsky wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Sibirsky wrote:
Go capitalism! Healthcare reform, unfortunately, is needed. However, the Obama/Pelosi approach is the exact opposite of the reform that is needed.


Fair enough. Come up with an alternative way to cover every American.


I don't have to. People that actually know these things better than me already have come up with solutions. Although, not every American would be covered, all those that wish to be covered would. Some people, for whatever reason choose to not get covered. About one third of those without insurance make $50,000 or more. They can afford private insurance, but choose not to get it.


Okay, then provide a source for one of these plans that will cover every American that wants coverage regardless of ability to pay that you think is better than the one that Congress is currently working on.
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

User avatar
No Names Left Damn It
Minister
 
Posts: 2757
Founded: Oct 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby No Names Left Damn It » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:02 am

Sibirsky wrote:
About one third of those without insurance make $50,000 or more. They can afford private insurance, but choose not to get it.[/quote]

What about the other 2 thirds? What happens to them?
Original join date March 25th 2008, bitches!
Economic Left/Right: 1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.12

User avatar
Sibirsky
Post Czar
 
Posts: 44938
Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Sibirsky » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:07 am

No Names Left Damn It wrote:
Sibirsky wrote:
About one third of those without insurance make $50,000 or more. They can afford private insurance, but choose not to get it.


What about the other 2 thirds? What happens to them?[/quote]

20% of the total uninsured are illegal immigrants. We should not be raising taxes on anyone to provide health coverage to criminals. Another big portion, are only uninsured temporarily (between jobs) As far as the rest, by removing government bureaucracy (instead of creating more) you can significantly lower costs. That would allow the majority of those that cannot afford coverage, to be able to afford it.
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

User avatar
Sibirsky
Post Czar
 
Posts: 44938
Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Sibirsky » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:12 am

McIntyre Mulligan wrote:We all need to vote for BNP to save Great Britain

We all British People need to pool together and vote BNP and sort out the fucking immigration problem, because current demographic trends show the native British people will be an ethnic minority in our own country within sixty years, that means we will be working for the fucking paki muslim pigs.

We dont have a police force in this country we have a police service. I do believe that Britain needs a tougher legal system. Law and order here is a joke. If you punch a police officer you will get a suspended sentence and probably a petty fine. You do the same in the USA you get 10 years and probably have to do the full 10 years without getting out early, put in an open prison or released on tag. The criminals thrive here because they know that the law is too lenient. If a potential child rapist or killer knew he would face te death penalty I know they would think twice.

Make laws that the people understand. I suggest the following :- mandatory death sentence for drug dealing (as in Saudi Arabia, the islamic states) and deportation for every member of the family. Immediate deportation for foreign citizens and every member of their family, if any of them is convicted of any offence along with a compulsory family
DNA scan and a mandatory prison/death sentence if they are caught in the UK again. All illegal immigrants to be deported immediatley and with the same sentence if they return. Since an old scam is to throw their passports away so the PC brigade can say "we cant send them home because we dont know where their from", announce with immediate effect anyone caught without a passport trying to enter the UK will be executed and say why, because our people are sick of immigrants laughing at us for being stupid as we say in the north, taking the piss. Mandatory scans at the airports for suspect drug smugglers, sentence as above.
Mandatory fines for anyone not reporting illegal immigrants and to any who sends them on their own to report to the local immigration centre (which idiot thinks they will go?) should be jailed, then sacked for stupidity and banned from any public or council post for life. We will probably have to execute a few before the message gets through. Can you imagine someone joining a cannabis growing ring if the bloke down the road has just been strung up, and if they are so thick, good riddance anyway. When governments are weak, people take advantage, can you imagine anyone taking the mick with the taliban? no chance.

Kids today have no respect for anyone or anything. They are brought up where a government tell parents you can't dicipline them and if you smack them, then you are a criminal. Then have the cheek to say kids are out of control and have no idea why.
National service should definatly be brought back. Not only will it teach the kids respect but keep them off the estates, give them a meaning, will keep them sponging off the dole and also have a respected authority looking over them. Also i Think national service should be a universal thing. "if you want to live in this country the you need to serve it, fight for it and protect it." You see how many immigrants decide to leave if they are told they need to do national service in return for living in our country. I promise you if national service comes back and is something everyone will have to do then the Polish, Pakis and Muslim pigs and asylum seekers will give Britain a wide berth.

Sadly,criminals today think it is their right to do what they see fit and harm who they want knowing that they will not get any equivalent punishment (if any) at all. The main reason why I believe in extremely severe punishments is a qoute "Either the state and its punishments frighten criminals or criminals will frighten and rule ordinary people" Think of today's society with these words in mind. A very perceptive remark by a Chinese judge 3500 years ago and still as true today. We have had thirty years of softly,softly PC and criminals laugh at us, lets try thirty years of making their lives a misery instead.

BNPs Britain Strikes Again

Fucking vote BNP

Fuck Pakis and Poles


Why are you talking about a BRITISH political party in a thread about AMERICAN healthcare? We cannot vote for the BNP or against it. And I doubt the Brits are here reading about our healthcare. Go away.
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

User avatar
Sibirsky
Post Czar
 
Posts: 44938
Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Sibirsky » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:12 am

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Sibirsky wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Fair enough. Come up with an alternative way to cover every American.


I don't have to. People that actually know these things better than me already have come up with solutions. Although, not every American would be covered, all those that wish to be covered would. Some people, for whatever reason choose to not get covered. About one third of those without insurance make $50,000 or more. They can afford private insurance, but choose not to get it.


Okay, then provide a source for one of these plans that will cover every American that wants coverage regardless of ability to pay that you think is better than the one that Congress is currently working on.


OK, I will try, give me a little time.
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

User avatar
Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 23565
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:13 am

Sibirsky wrote:
No Names Left Damn It wrote:
Sibirsky wrote:
About one third of those without insurance make $50,000 or more. They can afford private insurance, but choose not to get it.


What about the other 2 thirds? What happens to them?


20% of the total uninsured are illegal immigrants. We should not be raising taxes on anyone to provide health coverage to criminals. Another big portion, are only uninsured temporarily (between jobs) As far as the rest, by removing government bureaucracy (instead of creating more) you can significantly lower costs. That would allow the majority of those that cannot afford coverage, to be able to afford it.[/quote]

A few points about illegal immigrants:

How many of those illegal immigrants are employed by companies that don't offer health insurance?

What do you propose we do to illegal immigrants that suffer work-related injuries or accidents? Drop their bloody bodies off at the border?

Do you think that contagious diseases differentiate between illegal immigrants and everyone else?

Don't blame the immigrants for not having insurance. One of the reasons why they are shipped in and given employment is so the employers don't have to insure them. Insurance for those employers consist of dropping them off at the emergency room to be patched up and deported while their job is filled by another illegal immigrant.
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

User avatar
No Names Left Damn It
Minister
 
Posts: 2757
Founded: Oct 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby No Names Left Damn It » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:15 am

Sibirsky wrote:And I doubt the Brits are here reading about our healthcare.


I am.
Original join date March 25th 2008, bitches!
Economic Left/Right: 1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.12

User avatar
Muravyets
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12755
Founded: Aug 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Muravyets » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:31 am

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:A few points about illegal immigrants:

How many of those illegal immigrants are employed by companies that don't offer health insurance?

What do you propose we do to illegal immigrants that suffer work-related injuries or accidents? Drop their bloody bodies off at the border?

Do you think that contagious diseases differentiate between illegal immigrants and everyone else?

Don't blame the immigrants for not having insurance. One of the reasons why they are shipped in and given employment is so the employers don't have to insure them. Insurance for those employers consist of dropping them off at the emergency room to be patched up and deported while their job is filled by another illegal immigrant.

Nicely said. It must be nice for some people to be able to blame the exploited for the problem that exploits them. I would also point out that the "we shouldn't be paying for illegal immigrants" argument falls flat with me because I happen to agree with the UN that access to medical care is a human right and not a commodity to be traded or a privilege to be granted or withheld by government fiat.

And I am also very interested to see Sibirsky come up with a link to an alternative plan that will get the job done. As I said, I'll go for any plan that will remove the dangling sword of personal bankruptcy due to just one serious illness from over my head. But I've heard claims that such plans exist many times, without ever being shown such a plan. I've seen more evidence for Bigfoot, frankly.
Last edited by Muravyets on Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kick back at Cafe Muravyets
And check out my other RP, too. (Don't take others' word for it -- see for yourself. ;) )
I agree with Muravyets because she scares me. -- Verdigroth
However, I am still not the topic of this thread.

User avatar
Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 23565
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:44 am

Muravyets wrote:Nicely said. It must be nice for some people to be able to blame the exploited for the problem that exploits them. I would also point out that the "we shouldn't be paying for illegal immigrants" argument falls flat with me because I happen to agree with the UN that access to medical care is a human right and not a commodity to be traded or a privilege to be granted or withheld by government fiat.

And I am also very interested to see Sibirsky come up with a link to an alternative plan that will get the job done. As I said, I'll go for any plan that will remove the dangling sword of personal bankruptcy due to just one serious illness from over my head. But I've heard claims that such plans exist many times, without ever being shown such a plan. I've seen more evidence for Bigfoot, frankly.


I especially giggle when Congressmen like John Boehner Say things like; "We can't afford it right now" or "It's too expensive" or "We shouldn't rush healthcare reform."

Easy for him to say. He has healthcare coverage. :p

When was the last time a congressman got his insurance canceled?
Last edited by Lunatic Goofballs on Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

User avatar
No Names Left Damn It
Minister
 
Posts: 2757
Founded: Oct 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby No Names Left Damn It » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:46 am

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I especially giggle when Congressmen like John Boehner Say things like; "We can't afford it right now" or "It's too expensive" or "We shouldn't rush healthcare reform."


I just giggle because he's called Boehner.
Original join date March 25th 2008, bitches!
Economic Left/Right: 1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.12

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cayenne-, Costa Fierro, Geneviev, Heloin, Infected Mushroom, Neo Kerala, Neo-Unified Nations, New Bremerton, Pacomia, Raider Clans, Telconi, The Black Forrest, The Chuck, Vassenor, Washington Resistance Army

Advertisement

Remove ads