NATION

PASSWORD

Might Makes Right (Superhero RP) - OOC/Sign-up thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:05 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Britanania wrote:H'mm, as in, he is a metaphorical and physical brain, not really a warrior

actually I chose The Brain for his alias. lol

Lol, brain
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Empire of Gibraltar
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Gibraltar » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:08 pm

Hey Brittania I'm assuming the aircraft came from the F-35
"Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's entire life thinking it's stupid." -Albert Einstein
Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.82
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:08 pm

Britanania wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:actually I chose The Brain for his alias. lol

Lol, brain

Pinky: so what will we be doing today?
Brain: same thing we do everyday Pinky.
Pinky: what's that?
Brain: TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!
lol
I will probably get the app up Later today, I just have the appearance and bio left to do.
Also he will be able to fight just not as well or as long as the real muscle in the resistance.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:08 pm

Empire of Gibraltar wrote:Hey Brittania I'm assuming the aircraft came from the F-35

You're probably right.
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Adventus Secundus
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Adventus Secundus » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:09 pm

Britanania wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:That's what I was thinking anyways. so that's fine I will specify that in the app.

Fantastic. Make it so

“The supreme function of reason is to show man that some things are beyond reason”---Blaise Pascal
"Just by being themselves, they make the best case against humanism." Luke Winkie

Constantinopolis wrote:
To paraphrase C.S. Lewis, I would choose to live as if God existed even if I knew He didn't. Either I am on the side of Life Victorious, or I am making a defiant but hopeless last stand against the all-consuming abyss. It does not really matter which it is. I am doing the right thing either way.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:10 pm

Adventus Secundus wrote:
Britanania wrote:Fantastic. Make it so

Someone gets my allusions ;)

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:12 pm

Britanania wrote:
Adventus Secundus wrote:

Someone gets my allusions ;)

The next time Twilight teleports at lightspeed I will have his Light power make a star Trek reference.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Adventus Secundus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Adventus Secundus » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:45 pm

Britanania, your characters and the Pope perhaps? bored late night.
“The supreme function of reason is to show man that some things are beyond reason”---Blaise Pascal
"Just by being themselves, they make the best case against humanism." Luke Winkie

Constantinopolis wrote:
To paraphrase C.S. Lewis, I would choose to live as if God existed even if I knew He didn't. Either I am on the side of Life Victorious, or I am making a defiant but hopeless last stand against the all-consuming abyss. It does not really matter which it is. I am doing the right thing either way.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:47 pm

Adventus Secundus wrote:Britanania, your characters and the Pope perhaps? bored late night.

I guess His Holiness could show up. Sure, she's in a meeting (in a car) but she won't deny his presence.

Adventus Secundus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Adventus Secundus » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:54 pm

the Fantastic Teleporting Popemobile. Meep Meep. Nah, that wouldn't move anything along. Ah well.

Constantinopolis wrote:

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:55 pm

Adventus Secundus wrote:the Fantastic Teleporting Popemobile. Meep Meep. Nah, that wouldn't move anything along. Ah well.

But soon, I would like them to meet

Adventus Secundus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Adventus Secundus » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:00 am

Yes. I think it would be quite intriguing. Especially given the Valkyrie's recent...encounter. What exactly are sword wielding Catholic ninjas doing on the battlefield?

Constantinopolis wrote:

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:10 am

Of the Quendi wrote:Family name: Devereaux family
Dynastic head: Geneviève "Ginny" Séraphine Sandrine Devereaux
Other members: Guillaume "Will" Devereaux, Gabrielle "Gaby" Devereaux,
Territorial claim: The Blueish greater Middle East region
Political philosophy: Since the establishment of her dominion over most of the Muslim world Geneviève Devereaux has ruled with a feather light touch on her domain. Choosing to adopt no formal title and abolishing no official offices she has kept almost all the states of her dominion exactly as she found them only issuing the occasional "recommendation" to the leaders of the countries under her control.
Brief history: In 2012 Geneviève Devereaux managed to secure for herself rule as metahuman leader of the Republic of Turkey, thus entering the stage of the metahuman dynasts. She immediately determined that she was discontent to rule only a nation of some seventy million souls and set about expanding in North Africa, West and Central Asia, eventually extending her domain as far north as the Russian border, as far south as Uganda, as far east as the Indus and as far west as Morocco establishing herself as a first rate metahuman ruler of most of the Middle East and the Islamic World.

Name: Geneviève "Ginny" Séraphine Sandrine Devereaux
Alias: None
Alignment: Dynastic houses
Ethnicity: French-American
Nationality: French-American with a Turkish passport
Height: 1.78 meters
Weight: 63 kilos
Hair colour: Reddish blond
Eye colour: Golden green
Picture:
Additional physical features:
Personality: By nature Geneviève is kind and sweet albeit oft detached and absentminded. Towards her family she is loving and compassionate beyond compare. That is however the exception rather than the rule. Despite her proclivity to be a good person Geneviève hadswith robotic emotionlessness hardened her emotions and treat the rest of the world with a cold distance. Something of a misanthrope Geneviève views her fellow man in a less than favorable manner. On occasion her inherent generosity of nature however makes her more pleasant. By temper she is emotionless. Always polite and well mannered Geneviève never looses her temper.
Sexual orientation: Though her own inclinations is heterosexual or asexual of nature, her abilities has for all intents and purposes made her a pansexual.
Abilities: Mind reading, control, alteration etc. Geneviève possesses highly potent mental abilities.
Biography: Geneviève was born the first child of a French-American upper class family in 1987 and was raised partially in the US, in France and the UK. Her parents though well meaning was often absent and Geneviève never formed close relations with either of them though she grew to love them none the less. Much closer relations she developed with her two younger siblings, Will and Gaby, for whom she to some extent functioned as a surrogate mother.

In her childhood years Geneviève was a very socially awkward person, highly intelligent and not terribly good looking. As a consequence of these characteristics Geneviève was not popular in school and she spent most of her life in relative isolation, even experiencing some bullying. This served to make her both very individualistic and at the same time very skeptic of other people. Despite her individualism Geneviève however developed a keen sense of humanitarian compassion, though that was rooted more in a moral and intellectual acknowledgement of the virtue of doing good rather than any sympathy for individual humans in need.

Geneviève was nine when she acquired her superpowers, a very sophisticated form of telepathy, and she felt the acquisition almost instantaneously. Having her mind virtually bombarded by thoughts of others proved a quite traumatizing experience for the young girl who was both hospitalized and for a time believed to have gone insane. Unable to bear the unwelcome invasion of thoughts of other people Geneviève spent more than a year in great agony. Her parents, having taken Geneviève's "illness" as a wake up call devoted considerable time to take care of their eldest but realizing their concern placed great stress on them Geneviève decided to pretend that she was not troubled by her powers (the nature of which was still unknown to all but Geneviève). Having long ago decided to spare her parents the grief of knowing that their daughter was virtually friendless Geneviève was always good at tricking people but using her newfound abilities become a veritable master and it did not take long to assure her parents of her wellbeing despite the fact that she was in her mind witnessing everything from violent crime to intimate moments between adults and everything in between forcing her to mature quickly.

Time went on and Geneviève, who had always been wise beyond her years, struggled to control her powers. Then, in her thirteenth year she watched in both horror and fascination as Hammer and Columbia coupes themselves to power over the world. By then she had learned to block out unwanted thoughts but more sinisterly also began to utilize her powers for specific purposes, determined to play her part in the new metahuman regime. Using her powers to read, or even control, the thoughts of others Geneviève learned much about her fellow man, generally finding her disdain for people well founded. Her misantrophic tendencies, always latent in her, grow in strength as the shortcomings of humans was exposed to her. Yet at the same time she remained highly sceptic of the new metahuman regime, even as she sought to partake in it.

After finishing her education Geneviève determined to become a leader of the metahuman community. Initially she thought to do so in her homeland, the United States, but found few opportunities there. A similar lack of opportunity in Europe prompted her to move overseas to Turkey. There, in 2012, she managed to become the ruler and soon impressed her Turkish subject with her liberal and relaxed attitudes and her austere hostility to abuses by metahumans of the human populace. With Turkey as her base Geneviève rapidly began incorporating more lands into her dominion and by late 2014 had secured control of almost all of the Islamic World and the greater Middle East. Allowing for democracy to blossom under her rule Geneviève has largely left the governance of her dominion in the hands of the human population, choosing to maintain a feather light yoke from her Istanbul base.

Instead Geneviève has devoted her vast mental faculties, and many of her resources to revisiting the German, American and Soviet metahuman programs. While rejecting the Soviet and American program as "deranged" and referring to the Nazi ones as "nonsensical pseudoscientific madness" Geneviève has developed a keen interest in human evolutionary processes and the means to guide them to desirable outcomes. Taking a distinctively bleak perspective on the idea of some humans possessing powers far superior to those of others, Geneviève has commenced an eugenicist program to "level the playing field" by eliminating from the human genome the most extreme forms of superpowers while at the same time trying to "improve" on humanity.

Starting location: Istanbul
Additional information:

Applications finished.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:12 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Of the Quendi wrote:Family name: Devereaux family
Dynastic head: Geneviève "Ginny" Séraphine Sandrine Devereaux
Other members: Guillaume "Will" Devereaux, Gabrielle "Gaby" Devereaux,
Territorial claim: The Blueish greater Middle East region
Political philosophy: Since the establishment of her dominion over most of the Muslim world Geneviève Devereaux has ruled with a feather light touch on her domain. Choosing to adopt no formal title and abolishing no official offices she has kept almost all the states of her dominion exactly as she found them only issuing the occasional "recommendation" to the leaders of the countries under her control.
Brief history: In 2012 Geneviève Devereaux managed to secure for herself rule as metahuman leader of the Republic of Turkey, thus entering the stage of the metahuman dynasts. She immediately determined that she was discontent to rule only a nation of some seventy million souls and set about expanding in North Africa, West and Central Asia, eventually extending her domain as far north as the Russian border, as far south as Uganda, as far east as the Indus and as far west as Morocco establishing herself as a first rate metahuman ruler of most of the Middle East and the Islamic World.

Name: Geneviève "Ginny" Séraphine Sandrine Devereaux
Alias: None
Alignment: Dynastic houses
Ethnicity: French-American
Nationality: French-American with a Turkish passport
Height: 1.78 meters
Weight: 63 kilos
Hair colour: Reddish blond
Eye colour: Golden green
Picture:
Personality: By nature Geneviève is kind and sweet albeit oft detached and absentminded. Towards her family she is loving and compassionate beyond compare. That is however the exception rather than the rule. Despite her proclivity to be a good person Geneviève hadswith robotic emotionlessness hardened her emotions and treat the rest of the world with a cold distance. Something of a misanthrope Geneviève views her fellow man in a less than favorable manner. On occasion her inherent generosity of nature however makes her more pleasant. By temper she is emotionless. Always polite and well mannered Geneviève never looses her temper.
Sexual orientation: Though her own inclinations is heterosexual or asexual of nature, her abilities has for all intents and purposes made her a pansexual.
Abilities: Mind reading, control, alteration etc. Geneviève possesses highly potent mental abilities.
Biography: Geneviève was born the first child of a French-American upper class family in 1987 and was raised partially in the US, in France and the UK. Her parents though well meaning was often absent and Geneviève never formed close relations with either of them though she grew to love them none the less. Much closer relations she developed with her two younger siblings, Will and Gaby, for whom she to some extent functioned as a surrogate mother.

In her childhood years Geneviève was a very socially awkward person, highly intelligent and not terribly good looking. As a consequence of these characteristics Geneviève was not popular in school and she spent most of her life in relative isolation, even experiencing some bullying. This served to make her both very individualistic and at the same time very skeptic of other people. Despite her individualism Geneviève however developed a keen sense of humanitarian compassion, though that was rooted more in a moral and intellectual acknowledgement of the virtue of doing good rather than any sympathy for individual humans in need.

Geneviève was nine when she acquired her superpowers, a very sophisticated form of telepathy, and she felt the acquisition almost instantaneously. Having her mind virtually bombarded by thoughts of others proved a quite traumatizing experience for the young girl who was both hospitalized and for a time believed to have gone insane. Unable to bear the unwelcome invasion of thoughts of other people Geneviève spent more than a year in great agony. Her parents, having taken Geneviève's "illness" as a wake up call devoted considerable time to take care of their eldest but realizing their concern placed great stress on them Geneviève decided to pretend that she was not troubled by her powers (the nature of which was still unknown to all but Geneviève). Having long ago decided to spare her parents the grief of knowing that their daughter was virtually friendless Geneviève was always good at tricking people but using her newfound abilities become a veritable master and it did not take long to assure her parents of her wellbeing despite the fact that she was in her mind witnessing everything from violent crime to intimate moments between adults and everything in between forcing her to mature quickly.

Time went on and Geneviève, who had always been wise beyond her years, struggled to control her powers. Then, in her thirteenth year she watched in both horror and fascination as Hammer and Columbia coupes themselves to power over the world. By then she had learned to block out unwanted thoughts but more sinisterly also began to utilize her powers for specific purposes, determined to play her part in the new metahuman regime. Using her powers to read, or even control, the thoughts of others Geneviève learned much about her fellow man, generally finding her disdain for people well founded. Her misantrophic tendencies, always latent in her, grow in strength as the shortcomings of humans was exposed to her. Yet at the same time she remained highly sceptic of the new metahuman regime, even as she sought to partake in it.

After finishing her education Geneviève determined to become a leader of the metahuman community. Initially she thought to do so in her homeland, the United States, but found few opportunities there. A similar lack of opportunity in Europe prompted her to move overseas to Turkey. There, in 2012, she managed to become the ruler and soon impressed her Turkish subject with her liberal and relaxed attitudes and her austere hostility to abuses by metahumans of the human populace. With Turkey as her base Geneviève rapidly began incorporating more lands into her dominion and by late 2014 had secured control of almost all of the Islamic World and the greater Middle East. Allowing for democracy to blossom under her rule Geneviève has largely left the governance of her dominion in the hands of the human population, choosing to maintain a feather light yoke from her Istanbul base.

Instead Geneviève has devoted her vast mental faculties, and many of her resources to revisiting the German, American and Soviet metahuman programs. While rejecting the Soviet and American program as "deranged" and referring to the Nazi ones as "nonsensical pseudoscientific madness" Geneviève has developed a keen interest in human evolutionary processes and the means to guide them to desirable outcomes. Taking a distinctively bleak perspective on the idea of some humans possessing powers far superior to those of others, Geneviève has commenced an eugenicist program to "level the playing field" by eliminating from the human genome the most extreme forms of superpowers while at the same time trying to "improve" on humanity.

Starting location: Istanbul
Additional information:

Applications finished.

you're good

Adventus Secundus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Adventus Secundus » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:28 am

post edited Britanania

Constantinopolis wrote:

Founded: Nov 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ort » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:52 am

This isn't really relevant to the RP but, out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried doing an RP where the participants write as if it were a screenplay for a film rather than the more standard, conventional style?

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:55 am

I was in an rp where someone put up all there posts like that.

Ex-Nation

Postby Ort » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:01 am

Shadowwell wrote:I was in an rp where someone put up all there posts like that.

How'd it go?

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:02 am

Uh, Pope? A response to my letter would be nice.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:05 am

Ort wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:I was in an rp where someone put up all there posts like that.

How'd it go?

Well, some people complained about it, but I thought it helped with the organization of the post a little bit, but the portions that were descriptive were a little iffy.

Ex-Nation

Postby Ort » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:08 am

Shadowwell wrote:
Ort wrote:How'd it go?

Well, some people complained about it, but I thought it helped with the organization of the post a little bit, but the portions that were descriptive were a little iffy.

Yeah, I can see that, I was just wondering because I thought it'd be an interesting and slightly different idea. Plus, I was just reading the leaked screenplay for the Quentin Tarantino film, The Hateful Eight (sorry QT, I couldn't help myself).

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:10 am

how long has the resistance been formed?

Adventus Secundus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Adventus Secundus » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:28 am

Plzen wrote:Uh, Pope? A response to my letter would be nice.

It's not an email, right? Building in some mail time. :p Will respond sometime tonight.

Constantinopolis wrote:

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:31 am

Here is the potential app for the leader of the resistance.
Will finish the bio when these questions are answered:
Name: Mark Logan Jefferson
Alias: The Brain
Alignment: Resistance
Ethnicity: white
Nationality: Australian
Height:6’3
Weight:190
Hair colour: sandy blond
Eye colour:green
Picture: Tall, with a lean build. handsome but pale features.
Personality: Extremely smart, cunning, private
Sexual orientation: Straight
Abilities: Telekinesis to a point, he can form shields, fly, He can kill/enter the mind of weak willed non metas, and teleport anywhere he has been before(It works like nightcrawlers teleportation), he must have and keep the image in his mind, He can also strengthen his body to almost superhuman standards for a period of time. He has superhuman intelligence, anylytic, and strategic capabilities.
Biography: He was born in 1980 to a relatively normal family. For a while he was a smart but normal child then his powers awoke, When he gained his full intelligence he realized that it would be best to keep it quit and not use them where he could be seen. He went to normal schools graduated a year early from high school, His powers forced him to mature early. Throughout his summers when his Parents and him went on vacations around the world he set up safe spots just in case his fears came to pass. He couldn't fully contain his intelligence while in college as he graduated early from that too and in 1999 he was starting to garner intelligence from government related people when the Coup happened. He had made preparations in case things similar to it happened, He teleported to Australia to a safehouse of sorts he prepared there and got to work. Over the years he was a part of many small resistance cells, but wasn't really a part of anything major until when Shere Khan was killed by Hyperion. Mark swiftly gathered old friends from other resistance groups and approached Bat and a few other Metas in a deal and the Resistance we have today was formed. Very few members of the Resistance as a whole know he is the de facto leader, they just know that he is an excellent tactician. Bat is one of the few that know who he truly is within the resistance. Recently with the Dynasty's ramping up their attacks on Australia hw has been forming bigger and more permanent plans regarding the continued existence of the Resistance. He has also had to take a more active role than in the past, with the way things are going he will have to reveal himself.
Starting location: Canberra, Australia
Additional information:He also developed a sickness that he keeps in check with his powers, this is one of the reasons why he prefers to stay behind the scenes in what he does.

This character will be played by me but others can make suggestions for his actions and I will consider them.

So any suggestions for this?
Last edited by Shadowwell on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Adventus Secundus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Adventus Secundus » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:50 am

Excellent post regarding Genevieve. There is hope for the Resistance

Constantinopolis wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse