NATION

PASSWORD

Infinite Justice: Beyond (Marvel,DC,DBZ X/Over, IC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:44 pm

Osnil wrote:
Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos wrote:Salis dropped the knife as his hand started to heat up to intolerable levels. Looking down as the weapon fell, he noticed that the girl had moved as he was going through his portal. His eye's grew wide as he saw her blow ice onto the ground below him. Thinking quickly, Salis created a new portal below himself and appeared directly behind the woman. Launching forward using the momentum from his fall, he aimed his feet for the small of her back in order to knock her prone.

Jenny frowned. Her opponent had moved again. The ice trap hadn't worked like she thought, but the knife thing worked like a charm. She had disarmed him, but he hadn't even landed like she so wanted him to do. He probably teleported right behind her, too. She whirled around to see his feet aiming right for her, she slipped underneath them and hooked one with the tip of her Riddle Cane, which was really just a souped up cattle prod. The other leg she blew on, intending to give him a literal chill up his spine.

Salis quickly opened a portal below himself as the girl tried to hit him with her staff. Using this to block her attacks, he created an exit portal for it behind her. Sailing over Jenny and his defensively used portal, Salis rolled and then came up in a crouch, turning to face the girl in case of further retaliation.
Last edited by Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos on Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you want freedom? Well too bad, you won't get it here. All hail the Flaming Almighty!
"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives"
-Anonymous

"All quotes on the Internet are true"
-Abraham Lincoln

"I pee hard. I pee with force. I pee to win."
-Reddit
Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos wrote:
Lingria wrote:Off the grid? Nobody goes 'off the grid'
Even right now your on a list for possible terrorist. They track your every move, know where you eat. Who you hang out with, why you do certain things, that one time you picked your nose in the bathroom. They know.

It's like the NSA! Oh, wait... *puts on tin foil hat and hides under table*

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:46 pm

Cora was listening to Katie when suddenly Jasmine has vanished. Cora didn't like it, why would she run when she had the advantage? She must of had something up her sleve. Cora didn't like the idea of giving up, but Katie was right. They needed to know what they were up against. She knew that there were some details that she was missing but Cora wouldn't pry if Katie wasn't interested in telling. However Katie began to explain. She was her ex-girlfriend? Cora was surprised by that, but figure Jasmine must have been different then something had gone very wrong with her. Cora took Katie's hand. "Katie, whatever happened to her is not you're fault. If there's anything we can do for her we will." Cora said softly, trying to comfort her friend.

"Come on, let's get back to the tower." She said to a Katie when suddenly a red sploch caught her eye. "Katie, I think you must have cut her when you threw her!" Cora said, flying up to the tower's lab at top speed and quickly coming back with a test tube, gathering as much of the blood as she could with an eye dropper. "We can test the blood, to see what happened to her, come on!" Cora said, grabbing Katie gently by the waist and flying her up to their base. She knew that Katie didn't like when she did that, buy Cora was excited and determined and got a bit carried away.

Osnil
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:53 pm

Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos wrote:Salis quickly opened a portal below himself as the girl tried to hit him with her staff. Using this to block her attacks, he created an exit portal for it behind her. Sailing over Jenny and his defensively used portal, Salis rolled and then came up in a crouch, turning to face the girl in case of further retaliation.

Jenny felt a jolt of pain. Her opponent was smarter than he looked. Her staff attack portaled behind her and hit her instead. She wasn't near down, but for the time being she created an illusion where the shock had thrown her to the ground. This time she moved behind Salis and swung her staff at his head. Hopefully he would fall for her trick this time now that it was more believable. She pulled out her handguns and fired three shots at her opponent. This time she would come out on top of him. She also blew on his legs to hopefully encase him in ice.
Last edited by Osnil on Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:03 pm

Tomia wrote:Cora was listening to Katie when suddenly Jasmine has vanished. Cora didn't like it, why would she run when she had the advantage? She must of had something up her sleve. Cora didn't like the idea of giving up, but Katie was right. They needed to know what they were up against. She knew that there were some details that she was missing but Cora wouldn't pry if Katie wasn't interested in telling. However Katie began to explain. She was her ex-girlfriend? Cora was surprised by that, but figure Jasmine must have been different then something had gone very wrong with her. Cora took Katie's hand. "Katie, whatever happened to her is not you're fault. If there's anything we can do for her we will." Cora said softly, trying to comfort her friend.

"Come on, let's get back to the tower." She said to a Katie when suddenly a red sploch caught her eye. "Katie, I think you must have cut her when you threw her!" Cora said, flying up to the tower's lab at top speed and quickly coming back with a test tube, gathering as much of the blood as she could with an eye dropper. "We can test the blood, to see what happened to her, come on!" Cora said, grabbing Katie gently by the waist and flying her up to their base. She knew that Katie didn't like when she did that, buy Cora was excited and determined and got a bit carried away.

"Hey! What no-!" Shouted Katie as she was picked up. She squirmed, then sighed. When they were both on top of the tower she crossed her arms ."Just tell me next time you do that and I'll fuse... Plus I can make my own way up." She then took the blood and swirled it. It was a bright orange red, like lava. "I'm half expecting this to burn through the glass. She walked down the roof stairs and head towards the lab. "I think magic might be involved or something, we may have to talk to Valency too."
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:17 pm

Charmera wrote:-Ashy

Mir could already sense, see, and hear the general animosity between the two girls almost instantly, with Val scoffing at Ashy's notion of 'getting with' her boyfriend, "Like you'd have a chance with Max." She spat back at Ashy, "So sorry that I don't give you the center of attention like every other testosterone junkie in this place." She further said, shooting her eyes at Mir, who simply shrugged, almost in agreement.

"Ladies, ladies..." Mir said calmly, "Look, we seem to be dealing with some...tensions, right? Some anger, too?" Mir nodded his head over to a medium sized cage, an octagon, designed to be similar to a mixed martial arts ring, "I know you don't like each other right now, but why not settle it on the mat? That's one thing that calms anyone down, hitting the person you dislike. And hey! A lot of times, you leave having a new found respect for the other person."

He looked from Ashy to Val, though stayed his eyes on Ashy for a bit longer than the other girl, causing Val to roll her eyes. She stomped over a small shelf on the wall next to the cage, throwing on a pair of fighting gloves - the tips of her fingers slightly poking out and giving her enough mobility in the hand to effectively grapple. She nodded, turning back to Mir and Ash, her attitude changing a bit for the better, "I'm game, if you're up for it." She said, finally talking to Ashy as if she was a regular person instead of some vile demon offspring.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Tomia
Post Marshal

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:18 pm

Cora felt Katie squirming and protesting as she brought to the roof. She knew that Katie wouldn't be happy when they landed. On they were on the roof she frowned at Katie's words, and knew that she wasn't happy with her. "Sorry Katie, I was excited. I should have remembered that you don't like that." She said apologetically.

Cora then looked at the the blood swirling in the container. It was certainly a disturbing color. "We need to test this, maybe we can develop an antidote or a suppressant." She said to Katie as they headed down toward the lab. She then spoke up again softly. "Katie... you said things got weird with Jasmine, what did you mean? I'm sorry if it upsets you and I won't force you to talk about it, but it might be important." Cora said to her, looking her in the eyes.
Last edited by Tomia on Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:04 pm

Tomia wrote:Cora felt Katie squirming and protesting as she brought to the roof. She knew that Katie wouldn't be happy when they landed. On they were on the roof she frowned at Katie's words, and knew that she wasn't happy with her. "Sorry Katie, I was excited. I should have remembered that you don't like that." She said apologetically.

Cora then looked at the the blood swirling in the container. It was certainly a disturbing color. "We need to test this, maybe we can develop an antidote or a suppressant." She said to Katie as they headed down toward the lab. She then spoke up again softly. "Katie... you said things got weird with Jasmine, what did you mean? I'm sorry if it upsets you and I won't force you to talk about it, but it might be important." Cora said to her, looking her in the eyes.

Katie paused. "She started getting... Wierd..." She paused, struggling to explain it. Their relationship had gone so well. What went wrong...?

Months ago
Katie smiled as she knocked on the door of Jasmines apartment. She hummed a happy tune, content with her girlfriend and happy with her life as always. Though... Something had been off lately. She had her hands behind her back, concealing a gift she got for Jasmine.

The door opened. "Hello?" Spoke a voice. Jasmines voice. "Oh! Katie! She spoke as she opened the door wider and hugged her. But then frowned. "Where were you? I thought we were going to meet earlier..."

Katie awkwardly sighed. "Yeah... So sorry. I had to work with Eric on somethi-"

"Eric? How much time have you been spending with Eric?"

Katie frowned. Suddenly a little concerned. "Well... A little each day'. I mean we are working on a project together-"

Jasmine glared at Katie with such intensity that Katie back off a bit. "Jasmine. Why-"

"Your not allowed to see Eric anymore. "

Katies frowned. "What?." She paused. "Jasmine are you okay...?"

Jasmine gritted her teeth. "I don't want you to see him again! Understand? I can't trust you! You think I'm ugly so you'll sleep with anyone but me, and your mine! I love you! But you don't love me..."

Katie paused her eyes widened. "Jasmine are you..?"

"Didn't you hear me? I don't want you seeing him again!" Jasmine replied. "You're just such a big stinking liar, you knew that? You say you want to be together but you keep disappearing for days on end or when you don't talk about where you've been! Your probably already sleeping with-"

Katie took the abuse, her unkind words piercing her. Upsetting Katie. Then, perhaps it was stress, or maybe she was just cornered, but Katie snapped. "Fine!" She snapped. She handed her gift was considerable force. Jasmines eyes widened as she saw it.

"That's why I was working with Eric. It's a gift. You said you liked superheroes, so I got Eric to make you your very own utility belt." Spoke Katie, glaring at Jazz while she looked at it. Tears came to Katies eyes. "I was going to spend the day with you and give this to you before lunch, which I booked at a fancy restaurant! But I guess you don't want to be around someone as 'untrustworthy' as me!" She snapped viciously, then stormed back towards the elevator, pressing the button and getting in. Once the doors closed, she frowned.

Ive been so busy and distant these past few months... It's actually kinda understandable she would be paranoid. I... I shouldn't have snapped at her... Fuck...

Meanwhile Jasmine had wailed "Wait!" Far too late when the elevator doors slammed shut. She banged her fist against the door. Groaning. "I'm so sorry... I didn't mean it..." She spoke. She was now weeping.

Present
"I'd rather not go into it. Let's just leave it at the fact she starts to get possessive and controlling. She started to get paranoid that I was dating someone else too. And after a while I couldn't take being second guessed at every turn..."
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Tomia
Post Marshal

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:27 pm

Cora
Cora could tell that whatever Katie was thinking about was troubling her deeply. Cora wondered what it saw, but wouldn't pry any further. If Katie didn't want to talk about it then that was the end of it. Cora felt really bad for Katie. She was such a nice person, she cared for everyone, she didn't deserve this trouble. Cora wrapped her arm softly around Katies's waist and held her close. "I'm sorry Katie. I know what it's like to be haunted by your past. But I'm here for you like you were me, and I'm not going anywhere. We'll figure out some way to fix this together. We'll get Jasmine the help she needs." Cora assured her when the reached the tower's lab.

Cora being an android had an advanced theoretical knowledge of anything that her mind downloaded. However she only had a few weeks of actual experience in the lab, so her theoretical expertise only went so far. She placed the vial of Jasmine's blood into the blood chemical analyzer to test for irregularities and find out its properties. She also ran a program on the computer to test for known poisons and chemicals that lead to mutation. She then turned to Katie. "This will take a little while, I'm going to speak to Valancy while we wait. Want to come?" She asked her friend, not sure if she'd want to be along or not in that moment.

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:06 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:"Okay. Let's be real here for a moment. I could probably do all of that in the span of like... Thirty seconds, if I took my time. Come on Arcty. I'm the literal fastest man in the universe. And I'm sitting here listening to you give speeches. I could have been done by now, but this is your invasion. You want to be the hero and that's fine. So just tell me who you want dead and I'll do it. Sound good?" He asked. Over the past few years, Killian had been pondering the best way to fix things. A decade ago, he killed his first person. It was a speedster who had tried to kill him and he got the upper hand. At first he felt terrible, but he had all but forgotten her. No one else died because of his inability to permanently put an end to it. Now? He had no problems killing those who deserved it. It was time to show why he was called the Speed Demon.

Arctico couldn't help but sense a familiar yet dark presence aboard the capital ship of the Traditionalist fleet, and even though his troops were making some progress in the orbital battle, Arctico had a feeling that he needed to capture the capital ship in order to secure a victory for the Reformist cause. Rising out of his throne, Arctico stared intensely at the capital ship, narrowing his eyes in suspicion "I don't know why, but I sense a familiar presence aboard the capital ship, someone from my past... It surely can't be that he is back..." Arctico tensed as he abruptly turned towards Kilian, brushing past him rapidly "Looks like you may get what you wish Roth..."

The Arcosian said as he casually stood by the corridor of his spaceship "There is a familiar presence that I am sensing on board the capital ship, so I want you and Lieutenant Xero to accompany me to the capital ship of the Traditionalists and help me take over the ship so I can affirm my suspicions, this familiar presence is far too similar to someone I knew in my past, so I cannot avoid this confrontation." Arctico replied as he quickly removed his black outfit and continued on his pace towards the nearest hatch, opening it up and then taking off at full speed towards the capital ship of the Traditionalist fleet.

It took only a few quick seconds for Arctico to reach the capital ship, preferring to take a far more stealthy approach to breaching and clearing the capital ship. Having brought four of his own soldiers with him, believing that he required more soldiers to clear out the bridge, even if they had Kilian with them, this presence felt both dark and sinister at the same time, but Arctico was kept generally unaware of who was waiting for him in the bridge of the capital ship. Turning to his soldiers, Arctico nodded "Breach and Clear." With his order given, two of Arctico's soldiers fired an energy beam into the hatch of the ship, causing it to be pushed into the ship, the resulting energy blast sending one of the soldiers waiting within the ship flying backwards. Arctico's soldiers were quick to push into the ship, with Arctico leading the way and tossing PTO Soldiers aside as if they were nothing more than paper "Push forward to the Bridge, we need to take it as quickly as possible!"

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:07 pm

Tomia wrote:Cora
Cora could tell that whatever Katie was thinking about was troubling her deeply. Cora wondered what it saw, but wouldn't pry any further. If Katie didn't want to talk about it then that was the end of it. Cora felt really bad for Katie. She was such a nice person, she cared for everyone, she didn't deserve this trouble. Cora wrapped her arm softly around Katies's waist and held her close. "I'm sorry Katie. I know what it's like to be haunted by your past. But I'm here for you like you were me, and I'm not going anywhere. We'll figure out some way to fix this together. We'll get Jasmine the help she needs." Cora assured her when the reached the tower's lab.

Cora being an android had an advanced theoretical knowledge of anything that her mind downloaded. However she only had a few weeks of actual experience in the lab, so her theoretical expertise only went so far. She placed the vial of Jasmine's blood into the blood chemical analyzer to test for irregularities and find out its properties. She also ran a program on the computer to test for known poisons and chemicals that lead to mutation. She then turned to Katie. "This will take a little while, I'm going to speak to Valancy while we wait. Want to come?" She asked her friend, not sure if she'd want to be along or not in that moment.

"I imagine so." Replied Katie, she then nodded. "Thanks... I... I feel like... It's kinda my fault to... If I could have done something... Helped her..." She paused. "yeah. We should go see Val. She probably knows more about this than us."

Tomia
Post Marshal

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:22 pm

"Katie, youre allowed to be human sometimes. You could never have known what would happen to her." The andorid tried to comfort her friend. Cora nodded at Katie's words and headed upstairs with her to look for Valancy. As they walked Cora still felt the urge to comfort her friend and gently took Katie's hand and held it in hers. They walked up the stairs and Cora smelled food. Her enhanced sense of smell told her it was fried chicken, and she smelled Valancy's sugar cookies as well. She motioned toward the kitchen to Katie and headed there with her.

Meanwhile Roy was eating hungrily, but still keeping his manners. He was starving and the food tasted delicious. He hadn't really spoke yet, in fact he hadn't really done anything other than eat. Soon Cora and Katie came into view. At this point Roy stopped eating and looked at the two new people. They were both a few years older than him and her in red and green costumes without masks on at the moment. Roy's eyes were most drawn to the one with read hair however. She was stunningly beautiful, like a movie star. Cora wasn't sure who this boy was sitting at the table. She didn't recognize him, but she decided she'd ask later, right now they had more important issues. She was totally oblivious to his pretty obvious staring as well. Cora turned to Valancy, "Valancy, we have a problem. A new villain's arrive. She's very powerful and seems to have demonic properties. We managed to get a sample of her blood, we thought you might be able to help us analyze it." Cora said to her, leaving out the details about the demon's identity. Those were not hers to share. Roy seemed to shift uncomfortably at the word demonic but said nothing, not sure what was going on.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:54 am

Dean McCarty – Gotham City, GCPD Controlled Zone
Long Night

There was an eerie tension in the air, an atmosphere that was entirely at odds with the warming Sun and crystal blue skies that shone welcomingly upon Gotham. People walked briskly along the side-streets, their faces hardened, or spoke in hushed voices, not wanting to spend any more time than absolutely necessary out in the open. Some were trying to make their way to their offices, those fortunate enough to find that they still had a job that is, while others were making nervous runs to supermarkets and survivalist stores to stock up on supplies. The roads were practically empty of cars compared to the usual back-to-back gridlock of Central Gotham rush hour, with few risking the occasionally rubble-strewn streets with power outages often rendering the traffic lights completely inoperable and emergency services stretched beyond breaking point.

Dean moved through the crowds of commuters, keeping his head down and trying to avoid drawing any undue attention to himself. He could hardly believe how far Gotham had fallen in only a sparse few days; it was as if the city had suddenly found itself placed under siege. A few dazed individuals, dressed in spoiled business suits and well knotted ties, wandered aimlessly on the streets – those well-off who had awoken to find that their homes were in the wrong half of the city.

“Hey.” The voice almost caused Dean to jump, starting him from his reverie. He turned around to see Rob’s darkened features looking back at him. “I got your message, how’ve you been?”

Dean grinned at his friend, clasping his hand in a firm welcome, happy to see a friendly face. “Still all in one piece, for what it’s worth – but there were a few close calls.”
Rob snorted in response, not in the least bit surprised when a Bat was involved. “You don’t say. I didn’t expect to see you again so soon. What’s changed?”

“We’ve got a plan.” Dean thought it was better not to mention Elena’s name, or even her secret identity, in public – especially given the current state of Gotham. “Did you manage to get any leads yourself?”

Rob shrugged. “I hit up a few of the old contacts, a couple of the guys from back in the day. But you know how stuff like this is, now of all times people are suspicious. Hopefully I’ll be meeting up with some later today, though.” The dark-skinned paramedic paused for a moment, before continuing in a quieter voice. “So what’s this plan, then?”

Dean smirked. “Yeah, I may actually need your help with that.”

Dean McCarty – Gotham General Hospital

Dressed in a plain hospital scrub, Dean moved unobtrusively through the corridors with a cap obscuring his features. He’d managed to make it through the heightened security that had been posted around the hospital using Robb’s pass. He grinned inwardly, wondering exactly if Batgirl would flip out if she found out that he hadn’t been entirely honest with her back at the safe house. The wrong side of a Bat was not a place he fancied finding himself, but she’d had enough on her plate without him piling on more complications.

“What you got there?”

The secretary asked absent-mindedly, passing her eyes nonchalantly over the dolly which Dean had rolled up to the desk. He breathed a sigh of relief, thanking his good fortunes that he didn’t recognise the middle-aged woman – and so she likely wouldn’t realise his own subterfuge.

“Just some more meds from downstairs, antibiotics, some anaesthetics – the usual drill – for the third floor.” As soon as he’d started speaking, the woman’s face had adopted a decidedly bored expression as if impatient to return to her computer screen.

“Sure, sure. Just sign and I’ll buzz you in.”

Dean took the offered clipboard and quickly signed put his name down. Hopefully, by the time anyone noticed that it didn’t match the name on his pass card he’d already be long gone. Yeah, and my ass will be so fired. The paramedic pushed the thought from his head as he pushed the dolly through the now open elevator door, convincing himself that he’d have to deal with that particular repercussion later.

The truth is that there was no way Dean would’ve been allowed to get anywhere near a patient with as high security as Commissioner Gordon. He was an ambulance driver, hardly high enough up in the pecking order to rate for the employee’s discount at the cafeteria – the third floor was a certified no-go zone. Sure, he’d taken the same courses as all the paramedics and probably could’ve given a fair number of the Doctors a run for their money at their own game – but a non-university educated, orphaned, former gang member? Yeah, try passing that one over the head honchos on the recruitment board.

The elevator doors opened with a friendly chime and made his way over to room 217. Rob hadn’t been entirely pleased with the plan and had expressed his discontent in his typically vocal fashion, but Dean knew that the man was always going to be willing to stick his neck out for a friend.

“Hold up.”

Dean’s heart froze, a shiver of doubt crossing his face as he was met by a pair of guards outside Gordon’s door. He hadn’t expected there to be an additional layer of security once he’d made it to the floor, but in retrospect realised that it made perfect sense. Silently cursing his past self, Dean did his best to smile innocently at the pair of officers.

“Sure thing. Just re-stocking the supplies in there, we’ve been going through them faster than a knife through butter recently.” The police officers remained silent, one of them going through the contents of the dolly while the other contacted the secretary on the radio.

“The heck is this? Vibra – Vibramycin?” The officer was looking suspiciously at one of the bottles on the cart, squinting his eyes in an effort to read the small print on the label.

“A tetracycline antibiotic, for treating syphilis.”

"Right." The man made a sound registering his understanding, even though it was clear from his facial expression that a lot of what Dean said had passed over his head. Meanwhile the other guard finished his conversation with the woman downstairs.

“Alright, you’re clear to go – but be quick.”

Dean nodded in thanks as the officer opened the door to the room, revealing an artificially lit space with all the curtains drawn, and a single man sitting semi-upright in the lone hospital bed that occupied it. The paramedic went around distributing the supplies, making sure to look the part right up until the guards closed the door behind him, at which point he turned to address the patient. The man had been following Dean’s actions with cautious eyes from the moment he walked in, the flicker of intelligence behind them betraying a fighting spirit that defied the recovering body which contained it.

“Commissioner Gordon? I’m a friend. Batgirl told me to come find you…”

It only took a few minutes for Dean to convince the Commissioner of his good intentions and jot down all the names he mentioned. More than quick enough that he didn’t draw any undesired attention from the police officers standing guard as he made his exit. He started to feel a burning surge of triumph as he rolled the now lighter dolly through the corridor towards the elevator, the thrill of the adrenalin from the past few minutes coursing through his veins. By the time he’d entered into the metal box, he was struggling to keep his knees from buckling under the giddy sensation of success, knowing that still had to keep his cool even if the hard part was over.

Suddenly, a loud crackle tore through the corridor as one of the officers’ radios blared into life. Dean didn’t catch what was said by the usual static-filled voice, but the shift in the expression of the officers told him all he needed to know.

“I’m sorry, could you repeat that? I thought you said –“ The pair of guards’ eyes darted up immediately to look at Dean who felt like a deer caught in the headlights. In the same moment, the two officers burst into a dash down the hallway, reaching for their weapons, while Dean frantically started mashing the button for the ground floor.

“Oi, stop right there!”
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:38 am

New Neros wrote:
Charmera wrote:-Ashy

Mir could already sense, see, and hear the general animosity between the two girls almost instantly, with Val scoffing at Ashy's notion of 'getting with' her boyfriend, "Like you'd have a chance with Max." She spat back at Ashy, "So sorry that I don't give you the center of attention like every other testosterone junkie in this place." She further said, shooting her eyes at Mir, who simply shrugged, almost in agreement.

"Ladies, ladies..." Mir said calmly, "Look, we seem to be dealing with some...tensions, right? Some anger, too?" Mir nodded his head over to a medium sized cage, an octagon, designed to be similar to a mixed martial arts ring, "I know you don't like each other right now, but why not settle it on the mat? That's one thing that calms anyone down, hitting the person you dislike. And hey! A lot of times, you leave having a new found respect for the other person."

He looked from Ashy to Val, though stayed his eyes on Ashy for a bit longer than the other girl, causing Val to roll her eyes. She stomped over a small shelf on the wall next to the cage, throwing on a pair of fighting gloves - the tips of her fingers slightly poking out and giving her enough mobility in the hand to effectively grapple. She nodded, turning back to Mir and Ash, her attitude changing a bit for the better, "I'm game, if you're up for it." She said, finally talking to Ashy as if she was a regular person instead of some vile demon offspring.

Well. I don't nessecarily disagree on that point. From what I've seen I have to say they are meant for one another, and I would never try to tear two soulmates apart. the Vokornians have a unified theory on love, one similar to that of humans where an individual has another who is meant for him/her.

Ashy feigned disgust when the suggestion of fighting came up. "Hand to hand combat to solve a dilemma? How barbaric." She spoke, though there was a joking nature to her words, revealed by a mischievous grin. "Can't wait to start." She spoke, as she teleported into the ring. She flexed her fingers, and got into a fighting stance, though one likely unfamiliar to either Mir or Val.

"So... Any rules? All out face beating match, or shall we limit our powers." She remarked. "If we got for the former, I have the feeling this battleground might not survive for long." She remarked.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:44 am

Daniel Carter/NightBlade-38 Yrs-Devil's Den

I listened intently to the information on the Joker as it was presented. How he appeared seemingly at random around locations, where Batman had defeated him, but as per his MO...there was no obvious pattern. The Joker is a wild card, always has been. Either in this world, or my own. I noticed each and every mention of locations. The chemical plant, Amusement Mile, Water Reservoir, Power Plant....it then took a moment to make my own guess. No, more like a prediction, based off my experience with the Clown Prince of Crime. "Funhouse Toys." I stated flatly, and then explained. "It should be his next stop, it is a defunct company which used to make cheap toys for poor families, based in the narrows of Gotham. Several scams about safety issues regarding the quality of their toys eventually shut the business down, laying off a thousand employees, and skyrocketing crime in the Narrows. The place used to serve as a base for Joker, and it is just his taste." I then continued to speculate as I began to notice Ceecee, seemingly...talk to herself? I read her lips and used that to deduce, from the structure of the statements and vocabulary, it was a symptom of some sort of multiple personality. I chose to act as if I did not notice though.

"And if I am right, by the time we arrive, Jester and possibly Silver Queen will be hot on our heels, if they are not already close to there now." I then looked over to Mia, non verbally extending the invitation to spectate our 'practice bout' in the arena. A event I am sure she will be ecstatic about. "As for your rules, they sound fair. First to fall three times loses." I then remembered that this...soldier...mercenary, had fought against Killer Croc back at Arkham. A impressive feat.

"I have head about your fight with Killer Croc, even in my own world. I had never faced him. Not even as Batman." I left the fact unsaid that while she was fighting Killer Croc, a formidable foe, I was battling against the likes of Deathstroke, Deadpool and Lady Shiva. A battle, that was televised throughout Gotham, so she likely knows about that regardless. All of that aside, I am confident that she is skilled in martial art capability. Not to mention she has her own arsenal of technology, much like myself. But as the rules state, this is just hand to hand fighting. She may be a soldier, but I have bested humans, assassins, aliens and machines using hand to hand. Building my career on making myself so skilled in martial arts, that it would not matter if I have powers or not.

So, as we both entered the Arena, I looked her over, before deciding. That I should hold a keen edge under the guidelines set. As soon as we stepped into the ring, I could see holographic and magical displays go up. Bets and votes began being racked on them. A 'Unknown vs the Club Owner' naturally the bets leaned heavily in her own favor.

I began to wonder if that would change if this establishment knew that I was Sentinel?

Mia watched from the best vantage point in the club, and I slowly, entered into my first chosen position. My suspicion was that being a soldier, she would be unaccustomed to combating unusual or unconventional fighting styles. The stance I entered, displayed my chosen style as capoeira. A style which uses speed, acrobatics, dance and music in it's form. Perfect for the club setting.

At the start of the round, I decided to make the first move, choosing not to seem as If I am holding back against Ceecee. As I moved in for the fight, I did not do so in a predictable fashion, such as a dash or guarded advance, but in a weaving series of flips, spins and dance like moves that seemed almost as if my first kick, was on beat to the beat of the music in the club, as in a moment I moved in a sporadic pattern and positioned myself to make what was a powerful spinning aerial kick given momentum from a whirlwind of a spin. Producing more than a thousand pounds of force, all while keeping my upper body, arms and elbows balanced so that I could rapidly flow into the same unpredictable dance movements for another attack.

Certain, that my tactic of turning her military training, into her greatest handicap.

August Carter-20ish Yrs-Devil's Den

From what I could tell, my father had not left the Devil's Den, on the contrary, he seems to have entered the Arena once more. I did not pay attention to his opponent, instead keeping myself in the Hero's Cafe, with a light meal just placed in front of me, as my helmet rested to my right side on the counter. Sitting atop a stool, I took a bite from a rather...delicious ice cream, eating my dessert before my main course. Retaining my child like eating habits, being magically revived and physically older, does not mean that I naturally matured mentally. That is not really a handicap, but I am sure I may get a odd glance when I stop in gas stations and purchase bags of candy rather than cigarettes.

I closed my eyes though, as the flood of thoughts hit me.

I...I dont remember...

I cant remember how I died. I also cannot remember anything to explain how I am still alive. I reached the conclusion it was useless to dwell on it now, and to comfort myself with the delicious Banana Split. Instead turning my own attention to how to get through to my dad. He does not believe I am...well...me. Although I cannot say I blame him.

My mind pondered those thoughts, until it was interrupted by, not by the emptiness of my now gone ice cream, having finished it all. But rather from a girl, err woman...entering the Cafe. My head turned, a dumbfounded expression on my face.

Is that....Chorus? Holy crap! The popstar, she....HERE? I am like, the biggest fan. I mean, Sis gives me so much crap for liking a pop artist, but she's different.

I averted my gaze and tried to hide my flushing face. Knowing I likely get even an autograph from the celebrity. My eyes then hit my helmet, and...I realized...realized I am a hero for crying out loud! I can probably get a lot more than an autograph! Like...a date!

I wonder if she will like my video game collection....

Not thinking about it, I scooped my helmet up and immediately thrust it on my head. Hiding my crimson red cheeks. I stood up, payed my tab....in change. And puffed myself up sticking my armored chest out. Approaching the woman unaware she could not speak, even if she wanted to.

"Uh, hello there..." I started off nervously. o, I need to sound more confident. Girls love confidence! Altering my voice somewhat attempting to sound 'more manly' oblivious to my already developed adult voice in my new body, rendering the whole effort pointless, I started again.

"I am...Ranger." I said with what I thought was a suave tone. "Well, I happen to be a major fan of yours, ya know...when I am not...fighting bad guys and stuff. I was just wondering, if instead of a autograph we could...." I then nervously looked back to the Cafe, and the idea of more ice cream hit me.

"You could have a ice cream with me. I could get you a Banana Split...good stuff." I finished, actually satisfied with how I handled my introduction. Seeing as she could not see just how inescapably scared I was, seeing as I was hiding behind my helmet. But my weak knees sure gave it away.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:13 am

The Rebel Alliances wrote:

I listened intently to the information on the Joker as it was presented. How he appeared seemingly at random around locations, where Batman had defeated him, but as per his MO...there was no obvious pattern. The Joker is a wild card, always has been. Either in this world, or my own. I noticed each and every mention of locations. The chemical plant, Amusement Mile, Water Reservoir, Power Plant....it then took a moment to make my own guess. No, more like a prediction, based off my experience with the Clown Prince of Crime. "Funhouse Toys." I stated flatly, and then explained. "It should be his next stop, it is a defunct company which used to make cheap toys for poor families, based in the narrows of Gotham. Several scams about safety issues regarding the quality of their toys eventually shut the business down, laying off a thousand employees, and skyrocketing crime in the Narrows. The place used to serve as a base for Joker, and it is just his taste." I then continued to speculate as I began to notice Ceecee, seemingly...talk to herself? I read her lips and used that to deduce, from the structure of the statements and vocabulary, it was a symptom of some sort of multiple personality. I chose to act as if I did not notice though.

"And if I am right, by the time we arrive, Jester and possibly Silver Queen will be hot on our heels, if they are not already close to there now." I then looked over to Mia, non verbally extending the invitation to spectate our 'practice bout' in the arena. A event I am sure she will be ecstatic about. "As for your rules, they sound fair. First to fall three times loses." I then remembered that this...soldier...mercenary, had fought against Killer Croc back at Arkham. A impressive feat.

"I have head about your fight with Killer Croc, even in my own world. I had never faced him. Not even as Batman." I left the fact unsaid that while she was fighting Killer Croc, a formidable foe, I was battling against the likes of Deathstroke, Deadpool and Lady Shiva. A battle, that was televised throughout Gotham, so she likely knows about that regardless. All of that aside, I am confident that she is skilled in martial art capability. Not to mention she has her own arsenal of technology, much like myself. But as the rules state, this is just hand to hand fighting. She may be a soldier, but I have bested humans, assassins, aliens and machines using hand to hand. Building my career on making myself so skilled in martial arts, that it would not matter if I have powers or not.

So, as we both entered the Arena, I looked her over, before deciding. That I should hold a keen edge under the guidelines set. As soon as we stepped into the ring, I could see holographic and magical displays go up. Bets and votes began being racked on them. A 'Unknown vs the Club Owner' naturally the bets leaned heavily in her own favor.

I began to wonder if that would change if this establishment knew that I was Sentinel?

Mia watched from the best vantage point in the club, and I slowly, entered into my first chosen position. My suspicion was that being a soldier, she would be unaccustomed to combating unusual or unconventional fighting styles. The stance I entered, displayed my chosen style as capoeira. A style which uses speed, acrobatics, dance and music in it's form. Perfect for the club setting.

At the start of the round, I decided to make the first move, choosing not to seem as If I am holding back against Ceecee. As I moved in for the fight, I did not do so in a predictable fashion, such as a dash or guarded advance, but in a weaving series of flips, spins and dance like moves that seemed almost as if my first kick, was on beat to the beat of the music in the club, as in a moment I moved in a sporadic pattern and positioned myself to make what was a powerful spinning aerial kick given momentum from a whirlwind of a spin. Producing more than a thousand pounds of force, all while keeping my upper body, arms and elbows balanced so that I could rapidly flow into the same unpredictable dance movements for another attack.

Certain, that my tactic of turning her military training, into her greatest handicap.

August Carter-20ish Yrs-Devil's Den

From what I could tell, my father had not left the Devil's Den, on the contrary, he seems to have entered the Arena once more. I did not pay attention to his opponent, instead keeping myself in the Hero's Cafe, with a light meal just placed in front of me, as my helmet rested to my right side on the counter. Sitting atop a stool, I took a bite from a rather...delicious ice cream, eating my dessert before my main course. Retaining my child like eating habits, being magically revived and physically older, does not mean that I naturally matured mentally. That is not really a handicap, but I am sure I may get a odd glance when I stop in gas stations and purchase bags of candy rather than cigarettes.

I closed my eyes though, as the flood of thoughts hit me.

I...I dont remember...

I cant remember how I died. I also cannot remember anything to explain how I am still alive. I reached the conclusion it was useless to dwell on it now, and to comfort myself with the delicious Banana Split. Instead turning my own attention to how to get through to my dad. He does not believe I am...well...me. Although I cannot say I blame him.

My mind pondered those thoughts, until it was interrupted by, not by the emptiness of my now gone ice cream, having finished it all. But rather from a girl, err woman...entering the Cafe. My head turned, a dumbfounded expression on my face.

Is that....Chorus? Holy crap! The popstar, she....HERE? I am like, the biggest fan. I mean, Sis gives me so much crap for liking a pop artist, but she's different.

I averted my gaze and tried to hide my flushing face. Knowing I likely get even an autograph from the celebrity. My eyes then hit my helmet, and...I realized...realized I am a hero for crying out loud! I can probably get a lot more than an autograph! Like...a date!

I wonder if she will like my video game collection....

Not thinking about it, I scooped my helmet up and immediately thrust it on my head. Hiding my crimson red cheeks. I stood up, payed my tab....in change. And puffed myself up sticking my armored chest out. Approaching the woman unaware she could not speak, even if she wanted to.

"Uh, hello there..." I started off nervously. o, I need to sound more confident. Girls love confidence! Altering my voice somewhat attempting to sound 'more manly' oblivious to my already developed adult voice in my new body, rendering the whole effort pointless, I started again.

"I am...Ranger." I said with what I thought was a suave tone. "Well, I happen to be a major fan of yours, ya know...when I am not...fighting bad guys and stuff. I was just wondering, if instead of a autograph we could...." I then nervously looked back to the Cafe, and the idea of more ice cream hit me.

"You could have a ice cream with me. I could get you a Banana Split...good stuff." I finished, actually satisfied with how I handled my introduction. Seeing as she could not see just how inescapably scared I was, seeing as I was hiding behind my helmet. But my weak knees sure gave it away.

Chorus was looking at the door of the club, waiting for her target to come waking though, but she never did. But then she got distracted by someone talking to her. She looked up at the man before her while swirling her drink.

She paused. She was fairly certain this guy wanted more than just to get her ice cream. Though why he would want to get her ice cream instead of a drink was unclear. She could smell his nervousness like a dog could smell fear. She didn't even need her soul reading power to do so. She almost wondered whether he was a real fan or was just saying that to get with a celebrity, but the shaking knees made her think otherwise.

"..." She opened her mouth to speak but no words came out. She frowned. Verse offered to help her but she turned him down. She though a talking sword might freak him out. He looked nervous enough as it was.

Instead she grabbed a piece of paper and a pen from her bag she usaully kept Verse when on tour, and began to write.

Seems almost dramatically convinent for you to have that...

Im not complaining...

She held up the piece of paper, saying.
Sorry. I lost my voice while at concern. I having trouble speaking.

Not a lie, but a half truth at best. It was less lost and more "stolen".

I wouldn't mind some Ice cream at all. In case you couldn't tell, this has been a rough few days.

That wasn't too much of a stretch to assume from how she was dressed, cuts and tears everywhere, and her hair was a mess.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:31 am

Mayla Carter-34 Yrs-Uninhabited Pacific Island

This man's ki signature began to expand wildly, however, I placed my index and middle finger to my own forehead, closed my eyes and lightly placed a hand on his shoulder. Using the technique of Instant Transmission to teleport us away from the city. Arriving at a uninhabited island where we can fight freely. Akuma looked around for a moment, the sun high above us, being on the other side of the planet now, we went from the night of Metropolis to the afternoon of the Pacific. Akuma spoke in a rather pleased tone, knowing that we would be able to fight freely here. "Excellent, an interesting technique you have. Are you prepared? A true warrior, enters a battle with all powers at the ready." I refocused my eyes from the volcano in the distance to the large fighter in front of me, the sound of native birds and wildlife ringing in my ears. It was quite a contrast, Akuma stood here looking the part of a fighter, his black gi and shoeless feet with exposed arms. Me on the other hand, I was wearing sneakers, blue jeans and a plain white t-shirt. I lazily locked eyes with Akuma.

"I am not a warrior, I'm a extremely annoyed house wife. And that should scare the hell out of you." Akuma snorted, and once more entered his combat stance, lightly jumping up and down in front of me.

"Enough talk, let's decide which of us is more worthy."

Akuma then immediately moved into the attack, using a martial style that I am unfamiliar with, one seeming to depend upon controlling the offensive. As he threw his first punch, which I could see had plenty of power I zipped to his back side as his punch connected with a large palm tree, easily splitting it in half. Beach sand and wind was kicked up from the blow, but I was able to evade it fairly easily.

"You're powerful. But your slow." I retaliated with a roar and threw a kick aimed at his spine, trying to end the fight in a single kick. But my appearance of confidence transformed into confusion in a quick fashion, as time seemed t slow down and Akuma literally seemed to phase past me. Time almost stood still as I saw too late that he had somehow bypassed me entirely and placed himself at my own back, and before I could respond, he grappled me from behind and launched me backwards into the air behind him, sending me flying towards the beach and landing hard in the sand. Sending waves of the grainy rough material flying in all directions.

My vision blurred into focus as I saw Akuma, casually walking over to my location in the dirt. Gritting my teethe in frustration, as I realized that this could possibly be the most dangerous fight I have ever been in. There is far more to this man, than what he appears. I threw myself back up and placed myself in the sky, using my ki to fly, I chose to keep distance and use maneuverability on him. I fired a single blast of ki to test his defenses in long range, and Akuma braced himself in the ground, and placed his own hands back. As if he was preparing his own ki blast, but instead unleashed a purple fireball from his hands.

"Gou Hadouken!" He cried as the two attacks collided and a small shockwave occurred.

I closed my eyes for a brief moment as I shielded them from the explosion made by the blast, awakened with a bellowing cry from Akuma.

"Gou Shoryuken!"

The next sensation I felt was his fist smashing into my jaw with break neck power. As he was able to leap to my height of more than two stories in the air and deliver the devastating punch, then transformed his attack by launching a aerial combo. Slamming me with a series of spinning kicks like a whirlwind, sending me hurling into the island rainforest, blowing down several trees as I blasted through them.

I landed on my stomach, and with effort opened my own eyes. Seeing a very frightened monkey in front of me, as if I had just come blasting through his tree as he had his mid day meal. I began to push myself back up, as I could no longer see Akuma past the tree line. But I could hear him...and he sounded disappointed.

"You pitiful WOMAN! PROVE TO ME YOUR WORTH!"

With blood seeping from my lip and forehead, I knew that I could not hold back against this enemy. He will kill me if I give him anything less than all I possess. But there was something about his chi. It was...overbearing, corrupting...rage began to flow inside of me as my desire to win this fight began to rise. My hand found my vibranium sword on instinct, as I infused it with my own ki. Vastly enhancing it's own properties.

I then hurdled through the jungle, flying at hypersonic speeds and blasting away vegetation in my own path as I blasted toward him with my charged blade.

"AAARRRGGHHH!"

With my own battle cry, I struck Akuma with a downward slash from the sword so fast he had no time to dodge, blood spurted onto me as he flew backwards, nearly collapsing but instead fell to one knee. I would not allow him to rest, I threw out a barrage of lightning punches and kicks, each blow sending him reeling backwards. The momentum from my attacks throwing him in the direction of the island volcano. I launched him into the air, and began to fly and assault him at the same time, not allowing his body to fall to the ground. Finally, delivering a powerful kick which blasted him though a rock formation about half way up the Volcano. Blood seeped from his body, as bruises covered his chest and arms. His gi now a tattered rag.

I breathed heavily across from him, surprised at my own brutality in the attack. Until it seemed that Akuma was actually...pleased, with what has happened.

"You feel it dont you...the power...the meaning of life and strength. That, is the power of the Satsui no Hado. Merely with my own presence, and this battle you have already tasted it's power. Tell me, it feels good to wield doesn't it? Well, you should embrace it wife of Sentinel. For only one who has mastered the Satsui no Hado, or Surge of the Intent to Kill, can defeat me." It was then that his red eyes flared up at me as he threw both of his arms back, screaming at me.

"And you, are not it's MASTER!"

Akuma then lifted his massive fist in the air, and I could see the evil chi being focused in it, but it was too late. Slamming his charged fist into the volcano, created a shockwave so powerful, it activated the dormant volcano, created an earthquake and sent a tsunami reeling in all directions.

I was sent cascading away from him due to the sheer force of the blast. As he again used his teleporting technique to catch me and continue his abuse. He drove his knee into my gut and blood poured from my mouth as he continued by hurling back at the volcano, which was now spitting smoke and soot with lava pouring from it's mouth. He glided down to where I crashed and seemed to have a smile on his face, believing he had won.

But his expression changed as he noticed the weight of a massive boulder, one larger than a three story house and weighing tons, lifted off of the ground, which I sent flying at him at fastball speeds.

But that was not the real attack.

I then flew high above the rocketing boulder and shot forth several ki blasts, blasting the boulder from one dangerous falling object into thousands of devastating ones. The razor sharp stone rain shower had the desired affect.

Akuma was pelted endlessly as what may as well been a meteor shower hit him. Ignoring my own pain, I flew at him, with my own ki aura surrounding me. Grabbing his throat I flew high up over the island with him, and then grabbed him close to myself, as I sent us both hurling towards the ocean beneath us. At the last moment, throwing Akuma with such force that despite the water he smashed straight into the bed rock and sent the water flying in all directions. Only for it to flow back and cover his form beneath the waves.

Killing him.

I relaxed, as I lowered myself to just above the water. My mind racing, as i contemplated the actions I had made.

I had just...murdered a man...

Before I could question my own morals though, the water beneath me began to stir, and my eyes began to react with a horror.

No...he's...still ALIVE?!

Akuma, or what remained of him blasted from the ocean and in a moment he was face to face with me once more. I did not recognize him however. He transformed into a monster, who placed both hands upon my throat with crushing force, and sent me barreling back to the island, forming a crator the size of a football field all around me.

The now deep blue skinned, white hair warrior approached me with his same violent, glowing eyes.

"I am Oni. The God of Evil....and your destruction."

There is no running. I...have to defeat him...or he will kill me here. I dont think he even cares about finding Daniel anymore...

My eyes flashed as I remembered my training. My past, from the days on Oa, to training under my husband. I have faced death before, and this monster is no different!

I began to push my body past it's limits, just standing up. But Oni was relentless. He threw a punch into me so powerful, that I was sent skidding to across the blue seas and into another island. Spreading the borders of our war zone. He cought up to me once more, and slammed his knee into my skull, and then as I staggered backward, he used his vastly empowered fireball attack, embraced by the scorching pain of what felt like hell fire. I collapsed onto my own knees, as Oni stood over me, placing one hand on each of my shoulders and picking me up like a doll.

"Now feel the embrace of death, your very soul will be destroyed by this move! Shun Goku Satsu!"

The pain was unnatural, my eyes shot open as my scream played the melody of torture. His evil blue aura wrapping around me, as things began to grow cold. My mind was a blank, as he finally dropped me, turning his back...he walked away.

I collapsed into the sand, steam and smoke rising from my body, as something was wrong.

I hurt....I feel....pain....immense pain....

That means...I...am...alive.

The blue demon stopped, as he began to sense that my ki was still very much alive. As well as my soul. My battered body, some skin torn away as sand and smoke and sea water clung to my form. I stood up, defying all reality....defying my own death....defying his power.

My eyes shot open, as I saw with a certain clarity I never had before. I blitzed towards him, striking him with blows from seemingly every direction at once. But it was no magic, it was speed. I then launched myself into the air and began to pour the last of my ki into my sword in one hand, and a concentrated ball of ki energy in my other.

Finally, I moved into the last phase of the fight, infusing pure electrical power into the vibranium sword, I had infused it with the very power of a lightning strike. Slashing the monster with it, I electricity poured from the blade, electrifying his body and sending spirals of lightning into the sky around us. Then I firmly planted my own palm against his bare chest, releasing the ki energy I had charged up.

"Lightning Cannon!"

The strike threw him backwards and crashing into a mountain, causing an avalanche above him, which came towering downward and seemingly crushing the raging demon. Ending our fight.

I staggered back, entirely spent and exhausted. Falling backward into the sand, I thought of nothing...not if he was still alive, or if I had killed him.

Greeted only by the embrace of a exhausted sleep as I lost consciousness.

The titanic battle, over.

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

Siliarba
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Siliarba » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:33 am

The Rebel Alliances wrote:Daniel Carter/NightBlade-38 Yrs-Devil's Den

CeeCee
The Devil's Den

Even if CeeCee didn't get the fighting style that Daniel was using, she had a quick mind and a strong tactical insight. She could follow the moves and think of possible counters as they happened, sure it helped being able to predict your opponents movements but being able to think up a counter move on the spot has helped her before in many situations. Even if this fight relies purely on physical attacks and no gadgetry what so ever. Her secondary advantage was that she was trained by the military since she was a kid, but she was also forced to grow up with DeeDee and her randomness, and has learned a lot from simply living with DeeDee that she would never have learned in the military. Mainly, the advantage of randomness.

Daniel seemed to try and keep her guessing to what his next move would be and in general it worked, luckily for her she adapted fast enough to try and counter the incoming spin kick. When it landed though it didn't hit as hard as she'd expected, either Daniel was underestimating her, or he was testing her. Either way she felt slightly insulted, but she wasn't going to let this opportunity go to waste. She used this opportunity to counter his spinning by taking the entire force of the hit with her arm and then quickly moved in a position she would be standing behind Daniel and ready to attack his back. An enemy with an injured back or a head trauma would instantly have a strong disadvantage after all.

Not planning to give Daniel a chance to turn around she instantly attempted to grab his head and show him the error he made by holding back against her. This had to go in a single fluid yet powerful motion so the moment Daniel's foot landed on the floor she'd grab his head to make sure he didn't even have a moment to turn around so that she could continue her attack by slamming Daniels head on top of her knee. Sure it would hurt her knee a bit but his head and neck would be far worse off.

Part of her wanted to shout out that he shouldn't underestimate her, but she knew how good a fighter Daniel was, she couldn't take even a moments pause to say something like that.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:54 am

"What's wrong with you? There isn't anything on this planet that really threatens me. And since like none of you know who I am. I feel about as threatened as a Hulk in a sandwich shop." He said and followed Arctico through space and then into the capital ship. It didn't take him long to hit the soldiers who tried to stop him, hard enough that they literally melted like butter. Which of course was quite messy. "Great... I've got idiot blood all over my nice clean suit... Oh wait a second! I'm the Speed Demon." Killian said and vibrated so it fell off his body leaving him clean as a whistle. "As quick as possible? All you had to do was ask!" He said and shot ahead, vibrating so a speed that anything he touched was vaporized. He was doing it to the degree where even the floor beneath his feet began to melt. He walked through the door to the Bridge obviously unimpressed. "Alright. I'm bored. Who's gonna entertain me for the half second it'll take for me to kill you?"

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:05 am

The Republic of Atria wrote:
Charmera wrote:"I suppose it could work... Still uncomfortable about killing, but alright... though I'm also quite interested in the power couple idea..." Julie replied. Then blushed. "So, you want to... Give us a try?" She asked, she smiled. She had gotten to know Nighty over the week and had to say she really liked his company. When he asked she gave thought to a name. "Well, I'm going to keep calling you Nighty..." She remarked. "I'm not sure. Shadow Knight could work because of your umbrakenisis, but it sounds a little corny..."

The woman below smiled up at the two of them as Katie traveled through the wires in the building to arrive down at the street. The woman was tall, at least eight feet tall, which made the short Katie feel even more short. She frowned self consciously. "Can we help you?"

The demon looking woman laughed and flexed her wings. She looked intimidating, yet extreemely attractive at the same time despite her more demonic features.

"I have come to challenge you "Justice Queens" to see who the real queen of the city is!" She spoke. "I, Queen Jasmine of the Daemons from the abyss, have come to claim this city-"

"Look. I know you have a whole speech prepared, but this is New York. Not Middle Earth. You can skip the fantasy stuff and just get to the point." Jasmine? wondered Katie, before she reasoned this probably wasn't the same Jasmine. Hopefully.

Then she realised this demon queen looked really familiar, and sounded pretty familiar too. Of course she was much prettier and had a melodic voice that Jasmine didn't, a lack of glasses and quite a few feet of height-

Oh dear god no... It's her.

"Very well..." Spoke the deamon queen. "I wish to fight you all."

"All of us? The others are busy. You got me and Infinity. That should be more than enough."

I don't think she's here for any of that demon crap... We're not the most well known at the moment. Then why is she here?

The deamon laughed. "You underestimate me! It will hardly be a challenge to deal with you two worms!" She then smiled Emily. "I'll make you all my slaves! And I'll have a special purpose for you Katie..."

Fuck... she knows... How does she know? Katie suddenly felt something and quickly dodged one of her minions that had been thrown at her with speeds that would make a bullet jealous.

"I sincerely doubt we're just gonna go around murdering people. I believe the expression is few and far between... You can call me whatever you want. And I like that. Shadow Knight." This was more fun than he ever had. Who knew not being hunted and then slaughtering said hunters would be fun? "Normal couples have a house and stuff... I've got nothing... Unless you've got an apartment or something."

"Eh. We'll see. All goes according to plan we probably won't have to kill anyone at all." She paused, then sighed. "Nope. Completely homeless. I kinda just sleep wherever. I mean I can summon a bed..." She remarked. "I do have money too. Once let the government study me for a bit. Thankfully they didn't screw me over or anything. Which is actually kinda surprising all things considered." As she spoke, she leaned into Nightmare, their bodies pressing against one another.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:01 am

Alex and Naja were just about done with their grocery shopping when a section of roof collapsed and smashed into the ground. Alex was able to get a barrier up which shielded the other people from the debris. "What the hell?! Who attacks a Wal-mart?!" Alex demanded. It wasn't long until the large biker descended from the sky in a flying motorcycle. "Who're you?" Alex demanded.

"Sup geeks. Name's Lobo. I'm lookin' for this guy here." He said showing a hologram of Alex well before he lost his powers. "Any of youse seen 'em? I think he goes by somethin' corny like Golden Goldilocks or some bunk. Come on, I ain't got all day!"

"He's gone." Alex said. "But his girlfriend is just as strong as him, and more than happy to meet your acquaintance."

"Is that so?" He asked jumping down to Alex, towering over the blonde haired man. "How'd ya know that?"

"I know his girlfriend. She's right behind you." And just on cue, Naja tapped him on the shoulder causing Lobo to turn around. "That's her."

Hm? You look kinda funky. Since when do snake people from Ragnar 3 come to Earth?" He asked. "Oh well. Hold still and let the main man do his-" This earned Lobo an upper cut several miles into the air. "HA! I love it when the ladies hit back!" He said and landed on his bike with NAja right up there with him. "Sorry dame, but a job's a job. Lobo ain't never failed a job." He said and his bike fired a massive beam at the snake woman. Enough to stun her. Lobo threw his chain around her leg and started flying into space.

Until Naja came to and grabbed it which slowed it down. "I'm not going anywhere."

"HEY HEY HEY! You don't mess with another man's ride! Dame or not!" And when Naja yanked on Lobo's chain again and pulled him towards her, they clobbered eachother and dropped like stones. Lobo was caught by his bike and Naja regained her balance. "Alright babe. No more mister nice Lobo!"

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:24 am

The Republic of Atria wrote:"What's wrong with you? There isn't anything on this planet that really threatens me. And since like none of you know who I am. I feel about as threatened as a Hulk in a sandwich shop." He said and followed Arctico through space and then into the capital ship. It didn't take him long to hit the soldiers who tried to stop him, hard enough that they literally melted like butter. Which of course was quite messy. "Great... I've got idiot blood all over my nice clean suit... Oh wait a second! I'm the Speed Demon." Killian said and vibrated so it fell off his body leaving him clean as a whistle. "As quick as possible? All you had to do was ask!" He said and shot ahead, vibrating so a speed that anything he touched was vaporized. He was doing it to the degree where even the floor beneath his feet began to melt. He walked through the door to the Bridge obviously unimpressed. "Alright. I'm bored. Who's gonna entertain me for the half second it'll take for me to kill you?"

Arctico caught up to Kilian quickly, his soldiers and Lt Xero shocked by Kilian's Speed Force capabilities, Arctico smiled "That is Kilian Roth for you, the man who killed a man with only a mere gesture." Arctico remarked, referring to the time that he killed Asumar, although his remark was not out of spite, but pointed it out as if it were a feat. Arctico's face darkened as he could sense someone familiar sitting on the throne, which was turned away from Arctico. Walking up next to Kilian, Arctico held his hand up, charging an energy blast in his hand "Kilian, I suggest you stand back for a moment, I'll deal with whoever the captain of this ship is." said the youthful Arcosian as he slowly approached the throne. "As you can see captain, we've captured your ship and we have your entire fleet under siege, will you give up, or will you continue supporting your doomed cause? Because even the Traditionalists should be aware that even Arcos must face changed in light of the recent Universal events." Arctico said stoically, his energy orb expanding ever so slightly.

Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:03 am

Kalaris ignored Arctico as he made his charismatic speech. Nodding thoughtfully, he examined the battle plans as they left hyperspace. Seeing that they were going for a head on assault, he pioleted his ship away from the front lines. His ship was smaller than many of the other ships.

Meanwhile, Gladio looked for a way to sabotage the enemy ships. Intercepting their attempted hail to Acrtico, he threw stealth out the window and violently smashed through their firewall. Since he didn't care if the Traditionalist fleet knew he was there, Gladio made it through much more quickly and began manipulating their systems in ways that wouldn't be easily detected by Arctico's fleet. Several Traditionalist ships lost their cooling systems and blew out their engines. A few more experienced overloads in their shield generators. While crippling many ships, Gladio singled out several of the larger ones for a different purpose. Using his access he took seven ships from the large fleet and redirected power in them from any unnecessary functions. Life support, lighting, weapons, and anything else that wasn't required for escape was cut off. Diverting everything to shields and engines, Gladio had the ships warp to a nearby system. In order to maintain control of them over the distance he split a section of himself off to operate independently until they merged again.

Turning his attention back to the battle at hand, Gladio helped Kalaris pilot the Sirus through the firefight. Weaving through gunfire and speeding ships, they chased down several cruisers of the smaller variety. As the battle ensued, Kalaris questioned Gladio.

"So, what's been keeping you busy," he said as he noticed the assistance he was now receiving.

My plan, he replied.

"Are you gonna share that anytime soon?"

No.
Do you want freedom? Well too bad, you won't get it here. All hail the Flaming Almighty!
"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives"
-Anonymous

"All quotes on the Internet are true"
-Abraham Lincoln

"I pee hard. I pee with force. I pee to win."
-Reddit
Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos wrote:
Lingria wrote:Off the grid? Nobody goes 'off the grid'
Even right now your on a list for possible terrorist. They track your every move, know where you eat. Who you hang out with, why you do certain things, that one time you picked your nose in the bathroom. They know.

It's like the NSA! Oh, wait... *puts on tin foil hat and hides under table*

Lavan Tiri
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 18, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Lavan Tiri » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:03 pm

Criminals are, in general, a superstitious and cowardly lot. Don't misunderstand this to mean that all criminals are idiots, though. People such as the Joker, Lex Luthor, and Catwoman are far from stupid.

The average mugger on the streets, though? Their intelligence is roughly equal to that of the protagonist of Invader ZIM, which means incredibly stupid.

One such idiot was Mr. Ezra West, a resident and native of Gotham. Ezra was a young man of twenty-four, with no money to his name. He had taken to prowling the streets of Gotham at night, looking for the idle rich. He loved rich people. They always had some cash on them.

Tonight, like any other night, Ezra was out and about, a nine-millimeter in his right hand, a Bowie knife in his right. He had already scored two watches and a pearl necklace, and hoped for more. He had marked a victim from the end of the street, a chubby, bearded man wearing nice clothes, who had climbed out of a Suburban and went into a convenience store. Ezra followed him in, and went behind the disguised alien.

Poking his Bowie knife into Quallons back, Ezra hissed "Gimme da monee, owh yoo die."

Crash

Ezra slammed into the side of the Suburban and bounced off, landig heavily on the sidewalk. He was covered in dozens of cuts, and broken glass littered the pavement. Quallon stalked out of the store, and liften Ezra into the air by his collar.

"Think you'll steal from me, eh? Think that's a great idea?!", Quallon screamed. Ezra babbled something vaguely apologetic, but Quallon was having none of it. He slammed Ezra into the sidewalk, again and again. By the end, the young mugger was dead.

Quallon grunted with satisfaction, before digging in his pockets and tossing the shopkeeper a five-dollar bill. "For the candy bar." he grunted, before getting in his ship and driving off down the street.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:08 pm

It seems I have made a error in judgement, as Ceecee was able to take the full blow and then reposition herself at my back throwing me off balance. Attempting to slam her knee into the back of my head, I knew that if the hit landed, it would cause a lot more than simple pain. By matter of luck, we were not very far from the wall of the arena. Unable to land firmly and move around, I instead placed my foot firmly on the wall, and then followed with the other one. Kicking off hard, I was able to flip backwards over her avoiding the knee by centimeters, but the maneuver was rushed, in my haste to avoid the blow. I landed imperfectly and onto my stomach.

A point for Ceecee.

I threw myself back up and analyzed what had just happened. Going in with less than half of the force I could have used was unwise, surely, but what was more important is that she was able to track the erratic movements rather easily. I am not surprised that she was able to take the hit once she blocked the kick, I am surprised she was able to guess from where the attack would come. She made it seem before that logic, patterns and numbers were all she knew.

The style I used....possesses none of that. However, she was able to react quickly enough to make the advantage I anticipated irrelevant. I then contemplated my options, as I looked around and saw the crowd booing at me having avoided the blow. This is her own club now, so naturally she would be the favorite. How many people are willing to bet against the woman who owns where you get your drinks?

But more than that, I also cannot seem to far advanced for her either. For my own benefit, I dont want any unneeded attention. So, perhaps losing the fight...no, a draw would do just fine. Would help me to cover my identity as Sentinel. Although, if I make it obvious, In will insult her, and I dont want that. I may have already done just that.

Finally deciding on a course of action, I switched up styles. Moving into a ninjutsu stance. Starting to show off the sheer amount of styles I can use. This time I dashed straight at her, launching a volley of punches and a leg sweep trying to throw her off balance. But each punch, was off ever so slightly. Just enough to allow for a small opening, one that would not be obvious to Ceecee, as I anticipated how quickly she would adapt to this new change up in styles, as I faked out with a left hook, before executing a high blade kick which was aimed squarely at her jaw line with more than 11,000 pounds of force, only it like my earlier punches was off in accuracy by the smallest, and leaving me standing on one leg left my own stability in balance compromised, giving a opening for Ceecee to score a second point, should she make use of the chance.

August Carter/Ranger-13(23 Yrs) Yrs-Devil's Den

She...cant speak? In fact, looking at her now...I have never seen her look so bad. Her face is stained, hair a mess, clothes dirty and really...I almost feel bad for asking her at all. But then, at least she did not die. Things can get worse right? Of course, is dying really that bad if you dont remember anything from it? Eh, who knows. I then motioned for her to sit at the same bar in the cafe I was previously at. Placing myself upon one of the spinning cushioned stools I began to swivel in my seat slightly as I sat, as I removed my helmet, praying I was no longer blushing....as badly.

"Sorry about your voice. I have had a rough day too." I mentioned, placing my helmet next to me, as I signaled the waitress and requested two banana splits, with caramel covering.

My mind raced with what to talk to her about...her career? No I bet she hears about that all the time. My video games? Nah, she does not look like a gamer. Eventually I simply started with my own name.

"My name is-" I stopped myself just short of introducing myself. Having a revelation. You know what is even cooler than a name? A superhero name! Yeah, I will introduce myself as my hero alias. The problem is....I dont have one!

I stammered for a second, stalling for time until I thought of something, before finally saying the first thing which popped into my mind.

"I'm...Ranger. Thats what they call me anyways." I turned red a bit as I realized how cheesy that sounds. So i decided to turn the conversation towards her.

"So, is Chorus your real name? Or just for shows?" I asked, trying to distract her from my fumbling. Just as the ice cream arrived, which I did not notice as my eyes were transfixed on the girl in front of me. Which would make anything wait...even ice cream.

Sabrina El Carter/Star Girl-18 Yrs-Siberian Tundra

I could not feel how cold it was. But I know it was freezing, after all, it is never really warm in the heart of Siberia. I was out here to train, at least that is what I told myself. But i had not done an ounce of training since I got here. Truthfully I was just trying to clear my head. And it is peaceful here. My eyes could see everything clearly, there were packs of wolves in the treeline, which had kept their distance since I arrived here. A rabbit weaving through the snow and a column of ants moving up a dead tree. I saw it all. I was wearing my new uniform, reminding me of my father. After all he was the one who gave it to me.

I smiled to myself, I was supposed to be Sentinel's new partner. The smile faded, that was before August was murdered though. Now, nothing is much the same. I am a clone of a old friend of my father's and was adopted when I was aged physically at four years old. A year later, my little brother was born.

I gave a slight smile. Not from any pleasure, but from some of my fonder child hood memories. Back when my family, actually seemed like a family. Now, it looks like my mommy and daddy wont even stay together anymore.

not that it affects me too much, I am 18 now. Essentially grown. In an effort to distract myself from the line of thought, I used my X-Ray vision to see what I could find around here. Immediately locking on to something....unexpected.

My eyes zooming in, what I saw was...a, person?

I stood up slowly, trying to confirm if I actually saw, what it is I thought I saw. I then raced over to her, expecting her to be dead. But instead finding a woman, who was not frozen, but quite cold. The odd part was, when I looked at her through my x-ray vision, her organs were fine. Everything was in working order, she just lacked a...spark?

The girl's eyes were closed, but like me she had long blond hair. Her clothing was...very light and..revealing for such weather, making me wonder how she arrived here to begin with. Her figure was slim and overall attractive, she did not appear malnurished or anything resembling that.

As I stood over the find, which was more than enough to distract me from my own problems. I closed my eyes to think, this day has just gotten weirder.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:40 pm

Charmera wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:
"I sincerely doubt we're just gonna go around murdering people. I believe the expression is few and far between... You can call me whatever you want. And I like that. Shadow Knight." This was more fun than he ever had. Who knew not being hunted and then slaughtering said hunters would be fun? "Normal couples have a house and stuff... I've got nothing... Unless you've got an apartment or something."

"Eh. We'll see. All goes according to plan we probably won't have to kill anyone at all." She paused, then sighed. "Nope. Completely homeless. I kinda just sleep wherever. I mean I can summon a bed..." She remarked. "I do have money too. Once let the government study me for a bit. Thankfully they didn't screw me over or anything. Which is actually kinda surprising all things considered." As she spoke, she leaned into Nightmare, their bodies pressing against one another.

"That works. Most people are willing to listen when they're wetting themselves in fear. I don't sleep... I can, I just don't have to. Yay! Homeless us. Though it's not that difficult to make money nowadays." He said. "Wait. You did? And they didn't screw you over? Huh. I didn't know that was actually possible. Especially since Martians are pretty strong. I heard the one... Jonn. Knocked around Superman... Ooooh..." He said and put his arm around her. "If we're gonna do... That. Maybe we should go somewhere... Not in public. I'm pretty sure that's illegal."

Naja

"Don't make me hurt you. I'm just trying to-" Lobo threw his chain at her which she caught. "Come on..." She said and pulled Lobo towards her out of his bike and hit him hard. Hard enough to send the bounty hunter halfway across the planet into the Sahara desert. She followed him there where he landed in a massive explosion of sand. He was still alive. "Are you done yet?"

Lobo stood back up letting out a wolf whistle. "Nah. But I see what they want ya. Ain't too many dames in the universe that can sock ol' Lobo that hard." She flew at the Czarnian, who grabbed her and twisted her arm. "Feisty! I like that!" He said and Naja wrapped her tail around his neck. "Gonna... Have... Squeeze... Harder..." Speaking while being choked was quite difficult. He could survive in space for years, but if Naja broke his spine, it would take a minute or two for it to heal.

"What the hell are you?! Let me go!" She said and kicked him in the chest freeing herself and her arm.

"What am I? Sexy and strong. The Kree are paying out the fraggin' bung hole for ya."

"Wait? The Kree? What do they want?"

"I dunno. They wanted your boyfriend. But you said he ain't got his powers no more and that you're just like 'em. So's the mission got updated a bit." Naja stopped fighting for a moment to think about this. "Ya done fightin'? Awe. I was just gettin' warmed up."

"How about this. I'll go with you back to the Kree to see what they want. I'll stay until you get paid, and if they don't like it... Well. I'll just leave."

"Works for me."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse