NATION

PASSWORD

Worldvision Song Contest 39 [IC]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Titaniumland
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Worldvision Song Contest 39 [IC]

Postby Titaniumland » Fri May 22, 2015 9:04 pm

OOC Thread

Worldvision fans and invitations flooded Rowland Convention Exhibition, one of the biggest arena in Titaniumland. After three attempts to bring the WSC euphoria to Titan Land, finally in the 39th edition, we finally success to bring the euphoria. Million people came to Titaniumland to support their favorite entries. Camera's flashing, flag's waving, sea of humans. In music, every country has different style of music, because music has no limit!

In the LCD, a countdown appears. Pictures of past winners flash in the LCD. Starting from the 28th edition winner, Channah Avitan, 29th champion, Viena Larova, Deborah Pitch from Polkopia, Lyonsland princess Sierra Foster, Veli Pinheiro from Tod, the two in a row Kishraeli champions, Cinderella Ra'ah and Ada Gatling, Polkopian Natasha Sedomova, Todlichebujoki Seppo Takala, princess from Russadonia, Valentina Avery, and the current champion from Izmedu, Jolana Perko and Arijana Kovac.

Fire comes out of the stage. The lights are turned off. Sabrina Beau comes out to the stage. Saying nothing, she is singing.

#OPENINGACT
Sabrina Beau and Nina Ballor - "The Beginning"
Tune: Emmelie de Forest - "Rainmaker"
The stage is completely dark and everything is silent. The lights are spotting on Sabrina. She is singing, there is no music heard.
All I care is the cries of our children
But we ain't Gods, and we'll try to save you
All I hear is the anger of the war
Why did we do wars for nothing?

Camera is showing children translating the song to sign-language. The children are taken from local schools. They are the children that accompany Alicia Sumner when she sang this song in WSC. ("The Beginning" Original Version) The lights are turned on. A lot of dancers are coming to the stage.
Way-a, way-a, way-o, way-a, way-a, way-o, way-a, way-a, way-o, way
Wild rhythm and the frozen land
Turned into sea of anger song
Where did the furry ones go?
Did they lost by the sea?

Sabrina is singing while dancing with the dancers to the rhythm.
People are crying
Actually it's their fault
People are crying
Actually it's their fault

The beats are getting wild. While this part is sung, the WSC performing acts are walking to the stage, dancing and enjoying the song.
All I care is the cries of our children
But we ain't Gods, and we'll try to save you
All I hear is the anger of the war
Why did we do wars for nothing?
I need to bring it back, bring it to the beginning, oh, oh!
Bring it back, bring it to the beginning, oh, oh!

The beats are calm. Sabrina is singing the last part.
Bring it to the beginning!

Sabrina Beau is introduced as the green room host. She is introducing the acts based on running order. The introduced acts are walking to backstage and waving their hands. After all of the acts are introduced, Sabrina starts the lines.
Sabrina: "Good evening! I'm Sabrina Beau, I will be the green room host of the night. Okay, let's start this. LET THE WSC BEEEEE-

Tinashe Moore and Mario Lorak are running to the stage.
Tinashe: "Wait! You should have wait for me!"
Mario: "Are we late yet?"
Tinashe: "Oh my God, I forget my lipstick!"
Mario: *rolling eyes* "Huh, this gal"

Tinashe and Mario arrive on stage with Sabrina.
Mario: "We've run so far. I'm sweaty as hell"
Tinashe: "Yes, about 3 miles from the backstage"
Sabrina: "zzz, let's do this"
Mario: "What's the line?"
*Tinashe whispers something to Mario*
Tinashe: "Nah"
Tinashe, Mario & Sabrina: "Let the show begins!"

Titaniumland
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Titaniumland » Fri May 22, 2015 9:26 pm

Performances
01. Free Republic
Scarlett Nichols - "Born to Fry"

02. Yttribia
The Shield ft. absolute.ly/fantastic - "Bigger Stigma Too"

03. Electrum
Matty P - "Change Me"

04. Talvezout
Vincent & The Sprawl - "A New World"

05. Holy Republican Empire
Clarence Archibald - "Imagine"

06. Esta Lloviendo
Isobella Bachelor - "Kirkja"

07. Ekoz
Inviktus - "Unknown"

08. Polkopia
Victoria Magdalena - "Galobaya Ceri"

09. Todlichebujoku
Valtimo feat. LUMI - "Shadow"

10. The Sword Bloke
One-Hit Jimson - "Bomb"

11. Dreamplanet
George Loggy - "Come Back"

12. Aloquirbe
Lena Nyat - "Away, Away You Go!"

13. Estogium
Jon and Kelly Timenram - "J'ai voyagé en avion et bateau, et tu?"

14. North Dreamplanet
The Mythicals - "Mythical Discovery"

15. Brittany
Joanja Hesderaan and Odo Husderin - "I Needed You"

16. Ardoki
Imperial Chancellor Kassandra Tennison and Elder Dance Crew (EDC) - "New World Order"
Last edited by Titaniumland on Tue May 26, 2015 11:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Fri May 22, 2015 9:26 pm

01 - the "Federation of Free Republics"
Born to Fry (Tune alternate link for those in nations where Vevo is blocked), Performed and written by Scarlett Nicholls

Scarlett Nicholls returned to the WorldVision stage once again. This time, she seemingly entered the stage without her signature low-cut red dress. Instead, she was decked out in the latest fashions from St. Petrus, including the infamous head covering that the True Church of Iesus Christus required all women to wear. A man, dressed in a suit and a top hat, led her out to the stage. Scarlett grabbed the microphone and spoke to the audience:

Scarlett Nicholls wrote:Hello, Rowland! Hello, Titaniumland! Hello, WorldVision! And a very special hello to the good folks watching around the multiverse! This is Ernest Jalbert. Ernest is a very close friend of mine. Give him a warm WorldVision welcome for me!

The applause wasn't as loud as Scarlett had been expecting. Instantly, she knew exactly why...

Scarlett Nicholls wrote:Oops, it looks like I'm a bit overdressed. I apologize, but we're used to being in a country where the government actually makes us wear these uncomfortable, ugly clothes and we forgot to take them off!

Scarlett took her head covering and launched it into the crowd, as if she were a professional wrestler playing to the crowd. Now, Scarlett's trademark long bleached blonde hair was flowing freely in the air Ernest did the same with his top hat and revealed his spiked medium-length dark hair. They then began the process of stripping the clothes off of one another, revealing Scarlett's trademark red dress and Earnest's bodybuilder-quality body. Earnest was wearing the standard black wrestling trunks and kneepads of a trainee wrestler, which he had been until he had met Scarlett and decided to join the Legion of Lucifer.

Scarlett Nicholls wrote:Is that better, Rowland? Now, today I am going to sing about something that is more important to me than politics: My love for Earnest and my willingness to pursue my love for him, no matter the consequences for my eternal soul. In this doomed, accursed existence of ours, love is the one thing that keeps us sane and gives us a reason to live. Earnest and I may be Born to Fry, but we don't care. Come what may in the afterlife, all we care about is living for today. We don't give a flying fuck what God thinks about it, if He even exists, and we sure as hell don't give a single fuck about what that no good Consul Kulseth thinks. We'll fuck outside of wedlock whenever the fuck we want to and there's nothing anybody can do about it!

Fates don’t fail me now
Take me across that final line
Oh my soul it sins with every thought that I make
But I’m hoping at the gates,
They’ll tell me that its gonna be alright

Scarlett began her song by just walking around the stage, seemingly at random, while somebody lowered a bed from the ceiling, setting up for the next verse...

Walking through the streets of Baseton
Is it by mistake or design?
I feel so alone on the cold winter nights
Can you make me feel better if I just lay on the bed?
It's like I told you baby

As she sang "just lay on the bed," Scarlett literally did exactly that.

It makes me sad, It makes me cry
Sometimes faith is not enough and the going gets tough
I can't understand why
Keep making me laugh, let’s go and screw
Life is short and we don't have much time so
Let's try to have some fun in the meantime

Come and take a walk on the dark side
Fuck me hard in the pouring rain
You like your girls easy
Choose your last words
This is the last time
Cause you and I, we were born to fry

Scarlett got up as the bed was quickly removed from the stage and replaced with special effects that made it look like it was raining. As she sang the words "Fuck me hard in the pouring rain," Earnest grabbed ahold of her and swept her off her feet and to the ground, quickly removing her dress to reveal her scarlet red lingerie. As she sang the words "born to fry," the rain stopped and what appeared to be a fire appeared, completely obscuring the couple from view.

I was Saved but now I am Lost
I was enslaved but now I am free
I was so confused as a little girl
Thought I wanted to be a good girl
But I found out that I prefer
To be fucked hard by you baby

As the fire receded, Scarlett was kneeling at an altar before standing up and turning her back on it as the verse continued. Earnest re-appeared just in time to grab her and tear off her bra as she sang the last line of the verse.

I can't understand why

You like your girls easy
Choose your last words
This is the last time
Cause you and I
We were born to fry
We were born to fry
We were born to fry

The 2 of them fooled around a bit on the ground. Finally, Earnest's hands reached for her panties as she sang "Fuck me hard in the pouring rain" once again. Unfortunately for the crowd, they were denied a clear view of Scarlett's body due to the return of the fire for the last 3 lines.

You like your girls easy

When the fire receded, Earnest began to pull his trunks off, with the goal of joining Scarlett in an undressed state.

I can't understand why

You like your girls easy...
Choose your last words,
This is the last time
Cause you and I
We were born to fry

Scarlett repeated herself one last time. This time, she was dancing completely naked from head to toe on the WorldVision stage. Everybody in attendance or watching around the multiverse could get a clear view of her nakedness. The performance ended with Earnest grabbing her one last time and taking her down to the ground before the flames returned. By the time the flames disappeared, both of them had disappeared from the WorldVision stage, with only their clothes left behind...
Last edited by Free Republics on Sat May 23, 2015 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Yttribia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yttribia » Fri May 22, 2015 9:27 pm

/ 02 - Yttribia /
/ The Shield ft. absolute.ly/fantastic - A Bigger Stigma Too /
/ Language(s): English /

To the tune of: Franz Ferdinand's "Take Me Out" and 2Pac's "A Crooked N***a Too" as mixed by Ryan Lewis

That "boyish charm" the band had was now virtually gone. The band from seven or so editions that debuted originally as a pop product of the ages had now become rugged and jagged. In the best way possible, mind you. They now began to reflect the counter-culture of Yttribia, after being considered pop-rock heartthrobs. They were now catering to a much more mature audience. And when approached to be featured in this WorldVision with rap duo known as The Shield, they were willing to try something new. The end result, according to the band, was "something revolutionary." From left to right, Lanford Wilson (bass); Thom Orellana (singer/lead guitar); Elias Brivio (rhythm guitar/piano); Roy Bisset (drums/cowbells); .

The Shield is a rap/producer duo consisting of Franklin Malvoro (left) and Tyler Ryuk (right). Malvoro is better known to hip-hop-heads as "The Thrilla from Zivilla," but has chosen to perform under his real name this time to honor his recently deceased grandfather, after who he was named. Reese Ryuk is an avant-grade composer and hip-hop producer who has worked with many of the biggest names in Yttribian rap, and is honored to form a super-group with Malvoro. Ryuk makes history in becoming the first Occidental Yttribian (OOC: Asian) to grace the WorldVision stage, in addition to becoming the first rap duo in Yttribia's history to enter the contest. Both were pleased working with the band, and look forward to stunning the world.

Thom Orellana
Franklin Malvoro

The band can be seen on stage in the clothes sent for a publicity shot. They appear on stage, with their instruments all set-up. All of the band members look at each other, and proceed to start playing, with Orellana and Brivio playing the guitars. Wilson and Bisset proceed to join the two in the performance, as Orellana stops strumming for now to leave Brivio on his own. Thom begins to sing into the microphone, with perfect pitch.
The one and only
Just have no fear we'll be through
As now I will swear
With this thought destroying you
Your hope disappears
Bringing me woeless, battered, and whined
And now I will swear
My final thought, as I will die

Orellana's voice rises and falls, as the song's tempo begins to slow down.

My soul knows I'll be feeling fear, plus you.

The song slows down in pace before the music coming out of the instruments being turned into electronica emitting machines. From the stage, a platform begins to rise as dry ice is being emitted from the stage, showing both Malvoro with a mic and Ryuk on turntables. Malvoro looks at the crowd and yells out his opening part of the song. After that, he begins to rap. Malvoro jumps off of the podium he rose up on and starts to move toward the crowd as he starts shaking their hands and whathaveyou.

Fuck that!
Reese help my and my stigma eschew, from my crew
This shit slew, and my crew, what I have to sift through
In tha green room with brats who are all in fits
Eroded fake babes, 27, in my head and they're pure shit
And with a cast of a bunch of clowns
And these bigger stigmas never don't make a sound
"Vor, why you gotta fleet from Monique?"
See that's a snitch, some trucker who can't sing a peep!
Y'all make it hard for me to weep
And a bunch of creeps, as I'd rather be three feet deep
And this whole community
Filled with dingos tryin' to blame you and me
Instead of acting all happily
Then Imma put up my fists, no?
And when you funk sons of truckers stop workin, yes you too!
So lemme pull your tooth
And tell y'all gosh darn tools
Ya got a bigger stigma too

Playing a synthesized version of the guitar, Brivio and Orellana play the song's main riff, as Bisset begins to make his way to the vast amount of cowbells set-up in front of him, with Ryuk spinning the track live, as Malvoro is still shaking hands with fans, while repeating the lines

Y'all got a bigger stigma too
Can't screw with you, and your stigmas too

Afterwards, Malvoro stands up straight, with the stage going dark in an instant, with three spotlights on Bisset, Ryuk, and Malvoro. Malvoro begins to have a solo on the vast amount of cowbells, getting applause for his mad skills on the instrument. Ryuk continues to spin the tracks, as Malvoro proceeds to rap the second part, with the lights on stage returning to full intensity.

Though I really wanna stay a tame enigma
Now world fame, who to blame, and the Internet's bigga-
Music in a state of destitution, here's a resolution:
Stop hunting for retribution!
Y'all a toxic problem
Creating fiascos that are bigger than the lands of Polkopia & Sarian!
And I ain't shooting at one another (Heck no!)
We unite one another, so screw you if you hunt eachother!

(And I say...)
And to you people on the chans
Creating a path of BS rumors that don't cut flack, man

(And I say...)
As I kiss the bride
My workcraft, dancer dancer, and dignity says goodbye

(And I say...)
A fear of Red October
(yeahhhhhh) No brah, y'all enigmas still wanna go over

(And I say...)
And grace stage just for you
And be a peon, with your bigger stigmas too

Malvoro makes his way to the microphone stand as he places the microphone in the stand and proceeds to start clapping, as do Orellana and Bisset from the band. Ryuk continues to scratch the turntables, while off-stage background singers can be heard repeating some lines from the song. Malvoro repeats the question of "Why ya gotta have bigger stigmas too" and finishes clapping before picking up the mic once more, after a quick jam session between Ryuk and the band. Malvoro puts the mic up to his mouth, and recites the last line in the song.

Don't try to screw this bigger stigma too

The music and turntable scratching come to a sudden stop as the stage black outs. The stage once again lights up with the members of absolute.ly/fantastic and The Shield standing hand-in-hand, ready to bow. They take their bows, with a predominantly nice amount of cheers (and a bit of jeers, because the song went critiqued WorldVision ideals), before waving to the crowd and making their way off stage. They made their way back to the green room, looking forward to the not so pleasant reaction to come.
Last edited by Yttribia on Sat May 23, 2015 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Yttribian Confederation
Hosted
World Cup 71 | Cup of Harmony 61 | Campionato Esportiva 11 | Campionato Esportiva 15
I have some experience. Key word is some.
Find me at Gortolekua now.

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Fri May 22, 2015 9:27 pm

3. ELECTRUM

Song: "Change me" performed by Matty P
Tune: Hey Ya! performed by Outkast

Matty P walks on stage with a band as back-up. The lights are both orange and purple, and Matty takes grip of the microphone and sings. The back-up singers, identical quadruplets are on the side of the stage.

One, two, three, four!

You used to be my darling
Until you changed me tons
And I let you go.
Uh, I can't be your perfect man
But I'm still being just me
Headstrong and clear.
First rule of romance is that
You can't change the way I am...
Uh, thank god for texting cause'
For letting us break right up
'Cause I can't face ya...
Uh!

He looks at the camera whilst pulling his fist down and continues --

Change... me
Change me
Change... me
Change me
Change... me
Change me
Change... me
Change me

The back-up singers and band members do jazz hands whilst they shrug. Matty does the moonwalk on stage whilst the lights go buzzing around the audience like no tomorrow. A lady goes on stage tut-tutting Matty, but Matty pushes her away whilst continuing:

You think you know what's right
Oh, you think it's just easy
But commitment's forever
'Til we're deep underground
Ain't your Prince Charming
Oh, ain't your Prince Charming
They say that marriage's about similarities and feelings
But they don't say it's "Marriage is forever"
Then why then, Then why then, Then why then
Then why then, why then, why then people marry?
So why you, why you
Why you, why you, why you keep pushing on to me?
When you know I'm not happy here...
Babe I just can't be the man you want to be

He pulls a wedding-ring box and throws the ring out to the crowd. The lady from before is crying and tries to leap at Matty, but Matty turns away as she tries to drag him down with her.

Change... me (Oh oh)
Change me (Oh oh)
Change... me (Just can't take the pressure, Oh oh)
Change me (We shouldn't be together Oh oh)
Change... me (Oh oh, A proposal's too hard Oh oh)
Change me (Don't want to let you scarred Oh oh)
Change... me (I'm, Oh oh I'm, Oh oh)
Change me (I'm just being honest Oh oh, We're way too different)

Hey, alright now
What just happened here?
We used to be head over heels, what happened?
(COLD FEET!)
I didn't listen
I say what's, what's just happened to us?
(COLD FEET!)
Whooo...

He does some breakdancing (some spins) on the floor whilst the lady from before appears and picks him up again. They do an elaborate coming-back together sequence but he pulls back at the last second and continues

OK, OK, OK, OK
OK, OK, OK, OK
OK, OK, OK, OK
OK, OK, OK, OK
OK now players (yeah!)
Is it alright that I'm not the perfect man for you?
Now tell me the truth baby am I good enough?
Maybe it ain't so bad no need to change who I am
Life's all about some compromise
Uh! Here we go know...
Mix it, mix, mix it, mix it (oh oh)
Mix it, mix it, mix, mix it, mix it, mix it (oh oh)
Mix it, mix it up like those beats, mix it, mix it
You got to, mix it, mix it, mix it, got to mix it
(Mix it baby) mix it up like those beats

Doing the whisk like motion with his hands, Matty motions the lady to come back on again. He gives her a quick whirl, as they do some cooperative dancing: some waltz and some ballroom, unusually for this kind of music. He puts his hands on her and they swing together.

Now I'm changed, let's get back
Embrace me and get to the floor
(Get to the dance floor)
Come back for me babe.
Come back for me babe.
Come back for me babe!

Change... me (Oh oh)
Change me. (Oh oh)
Change... me. (Oh oh)
Change me. (Uh oh, Change me)
Change... me. (Oh oh)
Change me. (for the better)
Change... me (Oh oh)
Change me. (Oh oh)
Last edited by Electrum on Sat May 23, 2015 6:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Fri May 22, 2015 9:28 pm

Vincent & The Sprawl. Yes, it's just one person.

04. - T A L V E Z O U T
V I N C E N T - & - T H E - S P R A W L
"A - N E W - W O R L D"

Vincent Zalika, a 30 yr old Berber singer from North Talvezout, will be singing the song with the help of the Gaçe Choir. Zalika had written the song as a sort of testament to her faith, but also as a sort of hymn to hope, so as the singer says. The song will be in Spanish due to it being the language that Zalika grew up with.

The stage is dark following the previous performance. Seven singers are standing in a arc in the middle of the stage, with the singer in the center standing forefront, each wearing cloaks. A lone spotlight shines on this singer, as this singer begins.
He soñado con 1 mil sueños
He muerto 1 mil muertes
He vivido 1 mil vidas
¡Todo por un mundo nuevo!

This singer, after taking the microphone, begins walking to the front of the stage; she takes off the hood of the cloak, revealing herself to be Vincent. The backing choir begins singing with her for the chorus.

Un mundo nuevo... a new world!
Ah... un mundo nuevo... ah!

Vincent takes off the dark cloak to reveal a shimmering white dress; the backing singers also remove their hoods. The screen behind them transforms into a single, bright light.

He llevado 1 mil cruces
Más de un mil vidas
He visto destruidas destinos
¡Todo por un mundo nuevo!

Spouts of water come out around the stage and singers. The screen behind them now turns into a image of sunrise, with the rays growing stronger in tune with the song.

Un mundo nuevo... a new world!
Ah... un mundo nuevo... ah!

All of the lights on the brightly-lit stage fade out, leaving a single spotlight on Vincent. The screen fades to black, with the spouts also stopping.

He vivido y he muerto, para que la luz
¡Porque, para un nuevo mundo!

In the final, triumphant reprise, the remaining singers also pick up their microphones and walk up to the front of the stage with Vincent. The backing singers have also removed their cloaks, revealing white clothes underneath them. All of the spotlights turn back on, brightly shining on the singers.

A new world... ¡un mundo nuevo!
Ah... a new world... ah!

All of the lights turn off at the end of the song; when the lights fade back on the singers are all linking arms, before bowing and saying thanks to the audience.

I've dreamed a thousand dreams
I've died a thousand deaths
I've lived a thousand lives
All for a new world

A new world, a new world
A new world

I've carried a thousand crosses
More then a thousand lives
I've seen destroyed destinies
All for a new world

A new world, a new world
A new world

I've lived and I've died, all for the light
Because, it was for a new world

A new world, a new world
A new world
Last edited by Talvezout on Fri May 22, 2015 10:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

The Holy Republican Empire
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Republican Empire » Fri May 22, 2015 9:28 pm

05 - the Holy Republican Empire
Imagine (Tune), Performed by Clarence Archibald, written by Lady Gabrielle Kulseth

Clarence Archibald walked onto the WorldVision stage in a suit, with the Republica Maidens Choir following closely behind him wearing white from head to toe, with only their faces exposed. He grabbed the microphone and began to speak to the multitudes assembled here in Titaniumland:

Clarence Archibald wrote:Hello ladies and gentlemen around the multiverse. I am Clarence Archibald of the Holy Republican Empire and my song today is one of hope for something better. You see, I have a dream... I HAVE A DREAM that someday we will rid our multiverse of sin and all live our live in accordance with the teachings of Iesus Christus and His True Church. I have a dream that someday we will see one another as brothers and sisters in Christus rather than fighting, arguing and killing one another. I have a dream that every single person listening to the sound of my voice right now, yes even Lord Almighty Gregory himself, will repent of their sins and accept Iesus Christus as their Lord and Savior. I only hope that I live to see the dream when my dream becomes a reality and all the world is at peace and free of sin.

He began to sing:

Imagine there's no sin
It's easy if you try
No evil among us
Around us only virtue
Imagine all the people
Living for God...

Imagine there's no evil
It isn't hard to do
Nobody killing or fornicating
And no heathens too
Imagine all the people
Living life the Right Way...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And our multiverse will be as one

After each verse of the song, the choir responded with a chant of "Hallelujah"

Imagine there's no unbelievers
I wonder if you can
No men left behind
A true brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Believing in the Truth...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And our multiverse will live as one

As he finished his song, the choir, fittingly, called out "Amen" and Archibald walked off the stage to end a performance that had been intentionally light on the theatrics to avoid taking attention away from the message.
Last edited by The Holy Republican Empire on Sat May 23, 2015 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Esta Lloviendo
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Esta Lloviendo » Fri May 22, 2015 9:28 pm

06. - Esta Lloviendo
Isobella Bachelor
"Kirkja"

The song is more or less a love song to nature, with Isobella standing in both awe and fear of it.

Isobella is standing in the center of the stage. Unlike last time, with all the movement and other visual craziness, she is simply standing there with a microphone. She herself is wearing a rather sober, blue, billowy dress.

All these emotions you give
Follow a pattern
Of love, and of you
For you can feel it all
Silent

Emotions! Landscapes!
They pass over me
But the pain is healed
As you've taken me up to

The rather dark area of the stage gradually lights up, while the screen behind Isobella turns into a mountaintop, as if Isobella was standing on the top of the mountain.

This state of emergency
The harmony of you and me
State of harmony
The beauty of to be

All that the world has seen
You've concealed what's inside me
All the scars that are broken
You've healed deep inside of me
I don't have to speak
You feel

Emotions! Landscapes!
They pass over me
All beauty
And, this enigma is solved
But you've taken me up to this

State of emergency
Is where I want to be
State of harmony
Is where you love will be

Isobella takes the microphone from the stand, while one dancer comes in from the darkness; she is standing to the side of Isobella, copying her moves.

State of harmony
There's still pain inside, to see

All of the lights in the arena go dark in preparation for the breakdown of the song. Isobella herself turns her back and walks away from the audience, along with the lone dancer. Wristbands that were distrusted among the audience members all start glowing in flashing with the song, while various jets of fire emerge. The screen behind her changes into images like fire, thunder, etc.

Emotions! Landscapes!
They pass over me
Will this puzzle get solved
But you've taken me to

The lights go back on to reveal Isobella with two other dancers, both on her sides. Each of them are copying Isobella's moves.

State of harmony
Is where you love will be
State of emergency
How beautiful, it is to be!

State of harmony
The beauty of things, to be!

All that no one can see
All that no one can see

The dancers all withdraw away from Isobella, while a spotlight shines on her. The wristbands all start glowing again after the all other lights have been extinguished.

All that no one
Harmony
In harmony with nature

All that no one can see
You've found deep within me
All that no one can see
You've healed deep inside of me

Isobella and her backing dancers give a big thanks to the crowd, before walking off, hoping the message got through to the audience.
Last edited by Esta Lloviendo on Sat May 23, 2015 8:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Puppet of Talvezout.

Ekoz
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Ekoz » Fri May 22, 2015 9:32 pm

7. Ekoz
Inviktus - Unknown

Inviktus are a group of professionally trained dancers-turned-singers. Inviktus specialise in neon performances using state-of-the-art technology to enhance their performances. Inviktus throughout their time in Titaniumland have kept their identities a secret in the hope of securing the first win for Ekoz at the WorldVision Song Contest.

As the music starts, only one of the five dancers can be seen. The stage is completely pitch black.

Step in to the unknown, unknown, the unknown,

As the vocals come in, three more dancers are visible. All three are dancing in sync and dancing in complete darkness with only their suits visible. As the beat grows more intense, so does the dance routines.

Drop down, drop down to the ground,
Don’t stop, feel your body rock
In-sane, deep into your brain, (go)
Into the unknown,

Step into the unknown, unknown, the unknown,
Unknown, x10
Step into the unknown!

As the dance break kicks in, Inviktus are all visible and are in complete darkness. The dance remains in sync as the camera pans further out to the stage giving complete visibility to Inkivtus and the audience. Flags are seen waving and strobe lighting starts hitting the stage.

As the dancers re-group in formation, the second verses kick in with the choreography continuing. All five members remain in a pyramid formation as the verse starts.

Beat drop, don’t you ever stop
Discourse, don’t you feel remorse
Bodies drop down to the floor, (go)
Into the unknown

Hands up, feel the world erupt
Up, down, beat goes all around,
Proclaim, we will all remain,
All in the unknown,

This, now, this is how it goes,
Feel it, where ever you go,
Tingle, all around the globe,
This is all unknown

As the verse and the music builds up, strobe lighting starts on stage in time with the music, gaining speed as the beat grows. The dancers also gain momentum in their choreography as well as with the neon suits.

In-sane, deep into your brain,
Hands up, feel the world erupt
Up, down, beat goes all around,
Proclaim, we will all remain,
Said, don’t you ever stop
Don’t you ever stop, x4
Stop, Stop

As the "step into the unknown", pyrotechnical sparks light up right around the arena as the camera pans to the audience. The dancers then vigorously dance to the beat of the music. The crowd screams. Strobe lighting is seen on the stage.

Step into the unknown

As Inviktus complete their final verses, the crowd are seen screaming and jumping up and down. Inviktus remain tight and in-sync through their final piece of choreography. Inviktus are centre stage throughout.

Into the unknown,

Into the unknown

Last edited by Ekoz on Mon May 25, 2015 5:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
Koniksgrand Eköses
The Great Kingdom of Ekoz
Ekoz in the WorldVision Song Contest

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Fri May 22, 2015 10:05 pm

8. Polkopia
Victoria Magdalena - Galobaya Ceri
Language: Polkopian
Translation: Blue Skies

The most recent edition of the Landa vy Polkopiya, which serves as Polkopia's National Final for the Worldvision Song Contest, had decided that Victoria Magdalena would represent Polkopia in the 39th Worldvision Song Contest held in Rowland, Titaniumland. Her song, Galobaya Ceri, is the first of many songs to win under the new voting system in which the results are decided 50/50 between international and national juries, and domestic televotes. Victoria had won first place in both jury votes, as well as televotes, making her the obvious winner.

Victoria Magdalena stood in the center of the stage, wearing a blue and white dress. Behind her, the background screens showed images of nighttime with a full moon and stars. Dead trees were also visible in the distance and seemed to almost sway. She was alone on stage, without backup singers or dancers and the music began to play.

Uneorais totale yo skart (Sometimes all you see)
Gri norisys kot razhbon aeriena (Are gray clouds that loom overhead)
I yom akbet mi (And you're blind to)
Galobaya ceri kot saray trael crevasi (The blue skies that shines between the cracks)

Fiecare yo stri (Everyday you cry)
I yo fucaso no mazaitin daliruri (And you focus on the little things)
Canda laimecre yo sime (When the happiness you feel)
Si camuflati sa galobaya ceri (Is disguised as blue skies)

Victoria smiles and looks down at her microphone as the black behind her turns into blue skies and white, puffy clouds. The lights also turn a golden shade, imitating the sun's rays. Fog also starts appearing on the floor, and the ring atop the stage also begins emitting smoke, making the stage seem like it's on a giant cloud as she sings the chorus.

Galobaya ceri visida ten (Blue skies are always there)
Spetazh totale gri (Behind all of the gray)
Yo doa but piru skart (You just have to see)
Trecuto totale gri (Past all the gray)
Et kar ti pagai par yo (That's where it waits for you)

Kar aviata zburi (Where the birds fly)
I saure pakia (And the sun rises)
I saul fiecare (And sets every day)
Ohh... Ohh... Ohh...

The crowd claps after she finishes singing the chorus a first time. Victoria holds the microphone close to her lips, stares at the ground for a couple of seconds, before starting to sing, where she immediately looks up. The fog and smoke start to clear, but the background remains blue skies and white clouds.

Speranti gyvti no (Hope lives on)
Trecuto naikinigere i nevilitua (Past the destruction and despair)
I yot stagit departe (And you'll walk away)
Puternay neka yo bij krada priesta (Stronger than you were ever before)

Fiecare yo stri (Everyday you cry)
I yo fucaso no mazaitin daliruri (And you focus on the little things)
Canda laimecre yo sime (When the happiness you feel)
Si camuflati sa galobaya ceri (Is disguised as blue skies)

Victoria takes a few steps forward and as soon a she does, fire shoots out from where she was just standing, as well as from along the perimeter of the stage as she sings the chorus again.

Ohh... Ohh... Ohh...

When she was finished, she smiled and waved to the crowd. "Thank you Rowland! Acives, Titaniya!" She said, before exiting the stage.

(Parenthesis indicate translation.)
*When a 'c' is followed by a vowel, the c is pronounced as 'ch'
Last edited by Polkopia on Sun May 24, 2015 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Fri May 22, 2015 10:10 pm

09. _Tödlichebujoku_

S H A D O W

Valtimo feat. LUMI

Promotional art- from left to right: Krista, Núria, Valtimo, Ute, and Heike

After Tödlichebujoku's unusual and, ah, scandalous entry in WV38, TÖBUK opted for a more serious approach in WV39. In fact... they hadn't quite initiated any search when "Shadow" popped up and stole the broadcaster's attention. With rapper Valtimo and girl group LUMI, "Shadow" chronicles the descent of a man's state from depression to suicide, and the grieving of those near him over his death. A complete turnaround from "Scandalous!", "Shadow" has haunted the committee at TÖBUK and, after it was released, the WorldVision fans of Tödlichebujoku. Described as a mirror image of Tekata's "Sunlight", Valtimo and LUMI's "Shadow" is the dark foil to the WV35 entry's light at the end of the tunnel, and has amassed a considerable fan base in both the nation and abroad.

LUMI, composed of group members Krista Tanaka, Heike Blumstein, Núria Geisler and Ute Brodbeck, is a pop group from Blutigenteikei known for its catchy tunes. With a few hit songs still being played throughout the nation, LUMI is relatively well-known, and their concerts are usually packed with fans. The group is taking a new direction with “Shadow”, using their angelic vocals to bring out and emphasize the emotion of the song. Their excitement and satisfaction with the song has carried over to Tödlichebujoki music critics, and “Shadow” is expected to win at least one award this year.
Valtimo, on the other hand, hails from Rotlichtchiku and is known for his high-volume fast-paced rap songs, his first hit driven by a sense of fury and betrayal. He is less well-known than LUMI, but has a highly devoted following. Valtimo initiated the “Shadow” project and, like LUMI, is using a different performance style for it- for him a softer, more introspective tone as opposed to his usual fast-and-loud routine.

With “Shadow”, TÖBUK hopes to return to the top rankings of WorldVision, and again bring attention to the thousands of people considering suicide each day. With luck, both goals will be achieved, but either way, Valtimo and LUMI are itching to present their song to the world.

The stage lightly flashes blue in the darkness. LUMI, wearing flowing white dresses and standing on the raised area at the rear of the stage, is then lit in a soft white light. A slight breeze blows on them, rippling their dresses and hair
Home is where the heart comes, alive
Hang on to a shard and, survive
Lose the drive to move on, and die
But it's so hard to keep it safe

Lights turn on from another angle, illuminating LUMI in gold
Running from your shadow, so long
The taste of golden sunlight, all gone
No more life worth living, all done
But it didn't have to come to this

The lights fade on LUMI, and Valtimo, standing on the main area of the stage, is lit in harsh white light. A wall is visible off to the side.
During his verses, he is constantly avoiding looking at the camera, looking to the audience only briefly and occasionally

All of my wishes turned to dust
I searched for help but no one offered
No matter how hard I tried
I never could rise back up
And so here I am undone, here I am destroyed for all it matters
What is there to breathe, what is there to see but memories
No one cares now
So I'm falling through existence
Losing fear of all resistance
My mind is dying, my soul is dying, can't save me, can't save me

Valtimo is covered by darkness, and LUMI is illuminated again in the soft white light
Life is not a game to, be played
Winners make the losers, despair
Hopelessness soon follows, and then
Death is their only saving grace

LUMI is lit in gold, almost pleading to the camera
Your weary face was gleaming, in tears
All your opportunities, unseen
Can't you just hold on, some more
You don't need to throw it all away

LUMI disappears into the darkness, and reappears as a set of silhouettes as Valtimo is lit again
Another day is like a trial
How much longer can I stand it?
Cannot see the light of day
Thick darkness shrouds the sky
And I'm searching for a way, out of this abyss, but nothing's left to hold on to
So there's nothing left to say, nothing's here to stay but silence, in the end
The final way is so alluring
LUMI sings the next two lines with Valtimo
I give in to temptation, for
My body's falling, my soul is flying, can't save me, can't save me now...

Valtimo is consumed by darkness, and LUMI is re-illuminated by a faint light shifting between white and gold
Running from your shadow, so long

The camera view zooms in and across LUMI, the singers desperately pleading to it with Krista and Ute on their knees
Your weary face was gleaming, in tears
All your opportunities, unseen
Can't you please hold on, some more
You don't need to throw it all away

A flash of brilliant white light sweeps through the stadium as a loud drumbeat occurs. Valtimo is nowhere to be seen until the wall crumbles to the ground, revealing his body lying prostrate on the floor, surrounded by rope and pills. Heike runs to Valtimo and falls upon his body as she begins her part, with the rest of LUMI reaching out toward the two on their knees, appearing shocked and anguished.
You were the friend I thought seemed lost
But I didn't know just how bad
I'm on my knees now, holding you
Your lifeless body turning blue
Why had I not seen the signs?
The outward hints of a darkened mind?
Heike cries out her last line as the chorus returns
So here I'll cry till the light of dawn, cry into your arms, cry till I come crashing down...

The members of LUMI still at the back of the stage are lit with roving white and blue lights as a salty mist blows down from the ceiling. Heike wails along with the last line, her voice distraught beyond measure
Running from his shadow, so long

Their formerly dignified appearance in tatters, LUMI is on its knees and crying out their lines to the sky, with some members singing to the audience and reaching out to the camera as it passes by. Heike in particular is still lying by Valtimo's body, gripping him as tears stream down her face and she wails out
His weary face was gleaming, in tears (ooh)
All his opportunities, unseen (ooh)
Couldn't he have held on, some more (some more)
He didn't need to throw it all away...

The members of LUMI not already on the floor sink down, the main group falling into a heap. Heike buries her face in Valtimo's arms as the lights slowly fade to darkness

The lights return to normal and Valtimo joins LUMI at the front of the stage to the thunderous applause. "Thank you! Kiitos kaikille!" they shout. Valtimo adds, "Thank you Rowland, thank you all so much!", and they leave the stage.
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sat May 23, 2015 10:01 pm, edited 9 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

The Sword Bloke
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sword Bloke » Fri May 22, 2015 10:19 pm

10. The Sword Bloke
One-Hit Jimson - Bomb

OHJ enters the stage with a firecracker dummy & an AK-47, to the cheer of the crowd in Titaniumland. 5 backing dancers then enter, 2 dressed as Swordean Customs Officials, 2 Sanctii Police Officers and a random Gregoryisgodistani cheering Lord Almighty Gregory. OHJ starts singing.

Yea, yea, baby bomb bomb
Well, me, you and Greggy with SO.
Killimg the Sanctii, invading them for good now.
All we need is you, you, you.

OHJ is then thrown a violin from backstage, and then starts doing his violin work. The stage then becomes red as OHJ starts singing again.

Yea, we just need you, baby.
If you wanna kill the Sanctii.
You cannot say maybe.
Cos you're my bomb...

OHJ then shoots his AK-47 at the ceiling and sings the catchy chorus.

You're my bomb bomb baby bomb bomb.
My Secret Weapon!
Bomb bomb baby bomb bomb.
My AK-47!
My hidden secret!
Now come with me!

Pyramids come on in the background as Egyptian music plays.

Yea, well we gotta a major problem here.
You thought you could disobey me now.
Why baby why'd you do that?
Wait, don't tell me you're a secret Sanctii...

OHJ then throws his luggage on the floor.

Aha, I knew you weren't a Sanctii baby.
The Sanctii would have killed you straight set.
But luckily, me, you, Greggy, SO, we some superhero team.
We'll be idolised by kids if you're a bomb...

Pyramids disappear and the stage turns red.

You're my bomb bomb baby bomb bomb.
My secret weapon!
My AK-47!
My hidden secret!
We clean up aisle 3!

The stage turns dark blue, as the real Shop Owner starts doing river dance across the stage while OHJ does a violin solo. This lasts 39 seconds, before OHJ starts singing again.

Bomb, Ba-bomb, bomb, Ba-bomb!
Bomb, Ba-bomb, bomb, Ba-bomb!
Babyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

OHJ then continues his violin solo as he throws the firecracker dummy on the stage alight, blowing up half of the stage. The backing dancers are deliberately killed except for the Gregoryisgodistani fan, who is still supporting Lotd Almighty Gregory and Shop Owner.

You are a bomb bomb baby bomb bomb.
My secret weapon!
My AK-47!
My hidden secret!
Now, let's sing it together y'all!

My secret weapon!
My AK-47!
My Hidden secret!
No limit in 39!

OHJ and Shop Owner then exit the stage with a parting message.

Someday, Jimson will get his love, The Sword Bloke will win WorldVision and the Sanctii will be extinct!
Last edited by The Sword Bloke on Sat May 23, 2015 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
IBS Ranking: 16th
KPB Ranking: 80th
WBC Ranking: 44th
IBC Ranking: 27th
WCOH Ranking: 21st
RP Population: 38,000,005
Esportiva, It's the place.
GO CAVS!
10th WJHC Host & Champion 10th IBS 4th Place

Dreamplanet
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dreamplanet » Fri May 22, 2015 11:15 pm

11-Dreamplanet
Come Back by George Loggy.
Tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGf1py4LJLE
George walks in with the backing vocalists
0:23
I've been searching you...
For so many years.
Hoping that you'll return...
But you never did...
I hope that you come back...

He walks slowly around the stage.
0:42
I've been trying.
To find you.
But you might be with some-one else-
Instead of me.
I hope you come back.
1:01
What's another Year?
When i've been going around
searching for something
that won't return-oh no.
1:11
What's Tomorrow?
For some one that cannot give up?

He walks back to the center
1:21
I've been waiting
to start again.
With you.
To take away your Fear.
When will you come back?

He (This time faster) Walks around the stage
2:00
Come back!
Our love will be stronger
than before.
Because i'm getting
used to being alone.
I've been waiting.
But you didn't show up.
I think you'll be with some one else
Instead of me.
It's painfull...
2:34
When will you come back? (For some one who is waiting for you)
Will you come back? (For some one who is being alone)
When you come back... (We'll be stronger together)

He sits down as the audience cheers, then leaves the stage to make way for the next act.
Last edited by Dreamplanet on Sat May 23, 2015 12:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet

Dreamplanet: We're 14 years behind!

Campionato Esportiva 24 Runners-Up
WorldVision FactbookNational Team Factbook

Aloquirbe
Envoy

Founded: Dec 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

(12) Away, Away you go! by Lena Nyat

Postby Aloquirbe » Fri May 22, 2015 11:16 pm

12.Aloquirbe
Song: Away, Away you go!
Artist: Lena Nyat
Tune: Aminata Savadogo- Love Injected

Frightened Yet?: Lena Nyat of Aloquirbe looking forward to WorldVision worrying after her.

Aloquirbe has stolen Nightom's act and is now participating in the WorldVision Song Contest, 39th Edition with the singer. It all started about 10 years ago when she was experiencing a psychotic brain. However, we she would do is to write songs to release her feelings. 6 years after he first episode, she decided to go to the grasslands where she met with a secret surgeon who "treated" her of he psychotic brain, and as she came back and spoke to her families and friends, she forgot about those words she wrote on paper. Until in the last 2 years or so, she was doing a bit of spring cleaning when she stumbled over a few pieces of paper, she decided to read those and she thought her lyrics could tell a story to someone, but she did not know how to tell an audience this, so she decided to go on a music course to see if she can turn her lyrics in to a song, and so happened. She met a famous musician, who coincidently made the song, "DIVA", and they put this in to a song.

From here, she slowly discovered her great talent of singing but her stage outfit and presence needed sorting out. It took 3 months to perfect her performance. But at the final hurdle, she decided that she will represent Aloquirbe who was a willing nation to pay for her to be on the show, the show before the 40. They think she has a chance of winning WorldVision; can she? Please give a warm welcome for act 12, Aloquirbe.

The lights went dark, you could hear the odd cough in the audience, however everything was quite peaceful, suddenly, a spot light hit on the woman, who was wearing a white, tight, dress with a gold belt around her stomach, she was standing still, almost like a mannequin.

The hate, the love, runs deep through my veins.
For you, My God, your soul gives me pain.

2 other spotlights came next to her as two dancers came on to the stage, each of the spotlights, however, was red and green. Yet her spotlight was still white and still focusing on her.

You're eyes, I'm memorised, they tear and burn my insides.

As the song builds up in tension, the music then pauses again as she looks around at the audience as the stage erupts in to a colour display of fire orange to the stadium, she began to sing as the music exploded across the room.

Away! Away you go.
I don't want your stench around here.

Go Away, Go Away, Go Away (Go Away)

Strobe effects dispirits around the stadium as the stadium turned a blood red. The Smoke machine turns on covering the stage floor in cloud like smoke, creating an almost heavenly mood to the audience.

Praise the Almighty, Almight as we praise Him.
He's watching your footsteps

As the stage lit up as she took the microphone off the stand and she walked forwards, looking both ways. Her grip quite firmly on the microphone however walking towards the audience with quite a lot of passion and confidence. She then confronted the stage, as the lighting went back on her.

You're eyes, I'm memorised, they tear and burn our insides.

The stage began to maximize the amount of light as the red lights were turned on and shone through the stadium, the lights were now flashing on and off as the chorus began.

Away! Away you go.
Go Away, Go Away, Go Away

As she started the chorus, the stage flickered on and off and the strobe effects going strong and hard. The stage turned black, white and grey as the screen below how a picture of bricks as they are crushed from a high building. The audience quieten down. She then pulled out a shiny pin, about 5cm long and she stuck it in her hand.

Lead me to the reservoir,
I need disinfecting.
My blood has turned white,
A formal sign of Neglecting.
Raise me above the sun,
Blow my ashes away,
Go Away, Away you go.

As she sang, the blood of white from her hand dropped out on to the stage like Niagara falls. She didn't, however, show any pain,she carried on singing the rest of the bridge, the lights still focusing on her; you could see the audience flashing their camera at her abusing herself. When she sang the last line, however, she dropped the pin on the floor.

Away! Away you go.

The whole stadium lit up in purple and fire red as she kicked the microphone down and she moved forwards, towards the crowd. Looking at them, she gave an audience member a look, which looked like the audience member was hypnotised by her. Perhaps, Nyat was talking about herself being the God??

Away! Away you go.

As she got on her knees to sing the last high note, she finished the song by doing wooden hand gestures and as the song finished, there was a puff of smoke in the air, and when the smoke cleared up, she was gone, she was at the top of the stadium. "Thank you" she said smiling as she walked away. She then disappeared as the crowd applauded.

"Next is the Estogium performance!" she said to her colleague as she reached the greenroom. "There song is great too, but I do want to beat them. I think my song is better than Joseph's in 37 and I would love to go to WorldVision 40 alongside the big country" she sat down and smiled at kelly and Jon walking past, sweating in horror. "Have fun!" she smirked to the couple.
Last edited by Aloquirbe on Sat May 23, 2015 6:15 am, edited 6 times in total.
Follow Britonish Television on twitter for the latest updates: Right Here!

Estogium
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Estogium » Fri May 22, 2015 11:22 pm

13.Estogium
Song: J'ai voyagé en avion et bateau, et tu?
Artists:Jon and Kelly Timenram
Tune: Uzari & Maimuna - Time

Getting Ready: Nirvedebritonise duo, now Estoge, gets on stage upon 3 Edition absence.

After the nation's 3 Edition absence, the North Britonish delegation has decided to send Jon and Kelly who are set to sing a song in anger, to hopefully make up the terrible performances in Yttribia, Mister X and Ekoz back in 35, 34 and 33. Estogium, if you are aware or not, will be battling out with their brother Aloquirbe to see which nation would go through to the WorldVision 40 contest, which is set to be a great tournament for one of the countries as both promise an outstanding performance, yet that is quite an understatement as only 2 acts from the whole region was placed in the top 15 at the end of the show. Estogium, previously North Britonisea, had an internal decision to pick the pair, and the CEO of North Britonish Vefe (NBV) said "It is the best thing to do, an internal selection, if we want to raise our chances of winning, in any matter." he stated. He continued, "I picked these two because they're sweet, young adults, both 24, who are married and they are both in the musical theatres in Darlington, the Capital of Estogium. Since the population of 14-20 year olds increased over the past few years; I am sure that our act will try their best to connect with the children, who watch WorldVision Song Contest, which I can announce is a lot of children.". Please welcome the Estoge act.

Her- Kelly, Him- Jon

A pianist, male, comes on stage and he starts to play the first few notes of the song as the couple follow on, the are wearing their clothes, as normal and they come to the middle and the hold hands, in the other hand is the microphone, of which they are about to sing through, the lighting of the stage turns to an air theme, it is a light blue and the smoke machine starts to produce the smoke needed for an aviation theme.

I travelled so far, Looking out for you.
I couldn't find you, even though I went high
Now, I have you here

Still keeping the aviation theme, the stadium stage turned blue however the people where still blue, more people started to go on stage, now, about 4 people where on the stage; that is excluding the main two people signing. The 2 singers began to dance on the spot, in unison as the song speeded up a bit, the stage itself was growing tension as there was a beating heart of the stadium floor.

I travelled by Plane and by boat, and you?

As they both sang that next part, the stage floor turned in to a tornado theme before turning back to a normal stage, the stadium flashed a great orange light and went back to a green, the lights now flashing upon the public.

J'ai voyagé en avion!
I travelled the blue, bright skies,
Et bateau, et tu? I doubt it, oh please!
I crossed the seven seas
Only to find my missing key
But, obviously,
You weren't the same.

An Ark, similar to Noah's ark came behind them, carried by the people who were previously dancing, sheets of aqua blue was draped across the stage and shaken to show the rough sea. Both of the singers now parted away from each other, one on the left side of the stage, the other on the right hand side of the stage.

I have looked so far!
You're my bright shining star (Star...).
You must believe what I say,
Believe me, S'il vous plaît.

Understand me, Okay?

As Jon, the boy, pleaded for her forgiveness, the stage turned a murky green and she raised her arm in disgust. Her look on her face turned red as she marched over towards him. She was acting, but the crowd really thought they were being literal, which was sad for the audience, but great for them. She then began to sing as she started to carry on singing.

Release my thunder.
Release my anger.
Release my patience.

I travelled for you.

As Jon said that last line, Kelly couldn't resist but to stamp on his feet, and as the song had longer notes, you could feel that she showed her affectionate side, as though she changed and she wanted something simple from Jon.

I wasted my breath and my time time for you.
J'ai voyagé en avion et bateau

5 fireworks shot up the top of the stage in unison as the stage turned a dark red colour, the wind machine then started to turn on as they sang next to each other in the camera shot, which showed a birds-eye view and a view next to each other. He started to sing the song.
Travelling crossed the seven seas

But, obviously,
You weren't the same.

She then turned around, as he followed, they both shared a kiss and walked to the front of the stage, holding arms as they both sang the last verse together. With sparklers now sparkling down the top of the stage to create a wall of orange flames.

Et tu? Haha, Et tu? Haha Et tu? Haha!

J'ai voyagé en avion!
Et bateau, et tu? I doubt it, oh please!
I crossed the seven seas
But, obviously,
You weren't the same.

"Thank you WorldVision 39!!!!!" they both shouted before running off the stage.
Last edited by Estogium on Mon May 25, 2015 3:31 am, edited 4 times in total.

North Dreamplanet
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby North Dreamplanet » Fri May 22, 2015 11:24 pm

14-North Dreamplanet
Mythical Discovery by The Mythicals
Tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jZiASp5tXg
As the song starts, the background is fire, and the group are in "Cave-men" sort of clothes
Luke
George
Caroline
0:23
Through these caves, we've been for years.
We've been hiding from the outside.
But when we decide to say hello...

the group gets out a fake gun and start running around the stage
0:39
We, start going on a rampage!
Hello and goodbye!
Hello and goodbye!
Hello and boom boom!

The group stop running.
0:50
There are mean people out there
So let's have fun, let's pick a gun!
And let's see if you're so mean now.
So you better hide-hide-hide
or run-run run.
Because if you know you're rude to us.
You're digging yourself a grave.
1:15
You better run!
Hello and goodbye!
Hello and goodbye!
Hello and boom boom!
1:31
If you can't run you're fucked,
So let's have fun, or you better run
And let's see if you have a prayer.
So you better hide-hide-hide
or run-run run.
Because if you know you're rude to us.
You're digging yourself a grave.
1:54
So let's have fun!
Hello and goodbye!
Hello and goodbye!
Hello and goodbye!
Hello and boom boom boom!
You better run!
You better hide!
Or else we'll
shoot you down!
2:22
So, you better be nice or else!
Hello and goodbye!
Hello and goodbye!
Hello and boom boom!
Hello and goodbye!
Hello and goodbye!
Hello and boom boom boom! You're dead!

The group leave to make way for the next act
Last edited by North Dreamplanet on Fri May 22, 2015 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Brittanny
Secretary

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Brittanny » Fri May 22, 2015 11:59 pm

15- Brittanny
Joanja Hesderaan and Odo Husderin - I Needed You
Tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GPZDX9_2oE

The stage is dark and the floor is covered in smoke. As the intro begins to play, the background shows an open window with the curtains blowing and the moon and stars in the sky. As each of the first four drum roll plays, one of the backing singers, all dotted around the stage and dressed in an ethereal manner is illuminated by a spotlight. As the backing singers begin to sing, they begin to walk slowly to the microphones at the side of the stage. As the last "oooooooh" before the verse begins, Joanja is illuminated, wearing this dress. She begins to sing, and the lights become slightly stronger, although not by much.

Joanja
Odo
Both

You came in the night
You showed me what was right
But now I have been led astray
By your cruel embrace
I thought you loved me
I thought we were meant to be
But then you left me cold
In the dark and on my knees

As the verse ends Joanja falls to her knees and looks up towards the sky, as if looking to god for guidance. She picks herself up as the chorus begins.

I needed you
I needed you to guide me through the night
But now you're gone
And I'm all alone
Here all by myself
I needed you
I needed you to love me like I love you
I am here waiting for you
Won't you come back to me?
Come back to me

Joanja becomes hidden and Odo is illuminated by a spotlight, and begins to walk towards the front of the stage as he sings his verse.

I know I left you
But can you forgive me?
Don't you see I had to go?
It had to be so
But now I've come back
To start our love anew
Come back to me baby
Show me what I loved about you

As the chorus begins, Joanja is now revealed again, right next to Odo, and begins to sing directly to him. Halfway through the chorus, Odo begins to sing back to Joanja. As the chorus ends, both look into each others eyes as Joanja sings the last two lines of the chorus. However, they then pull themselves apart.

I needed you
But now you're gone
And I'm all alone
Here all by myself

I needed you

I needed you

The lights flash during the small musical interlude, and Joanja and Odo stand back to back in the middle of the stage. As they begin to sing again, the lights stop flashing.

Why should I love you anymore?
Come back to me baby, come on please
You never loved me, it was never true
Don't you see I always loved you
You didn't
Yes I did
Then why did you leave me?

I love you x8

The window in the background smashes, and Odo and Joanja begin to sing the last chorus, together as one. However, they are on opposite ends of the stage, although Odo keeps looking across at Joanja.
I needed you
But now you're gone
And I'm all alone
Here all by myself
I needed you
I needed you
But now you're gone
And I'm all alone
Here all by myself
I needed you
I needed you

As the song ends, both the singers are suddenly hidden in the darkness. Then, the lights return to normal in preparation for the next act and thank the crowd, before walking off.
Last edited by Brittanny on Sun May 24, 2015 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Sat May 23, 2015 12:10 am

16 - Ardoki

New World Order

Imperial Chancellor Kassandra Tennison and Elder Dance Crew (EDC)

To the tune of: Powerful T. - Year of the Dragon

Imperial Chancellor Kassandra Tennison

His Divine Imperial and Royal Majesty, Henry-Alexander XXVIII, the God-Emperor of All the Ardokians; tasked his head of government, Imperial Chancellor Kassandra Tennison with representing the Greater Empire at this edition of WorldVision. The Imperial Chancellor was practised in performing concerts, she had held seven so far this year in Imperial City. However today she was accompanied by the famous Elder Dance Crew (EDC), a massive dancing group in Ardoki known for its energetic dances which often involve amazing feats of acrobatics and human achievement. They were backup dancers worthy of His Divine Imperial and Royal Majesty. Before they all left Ardoki, the Imperial Chancellor promised to succeed in entertaining the world. But will she succeed?

The stage was completely dark, then the lights turned on from behind. You could see the silhouettes of ten elderly people, with a few walking sticks and walkers. On the screens was the Ardokian flag.

Suddenly, you see something fall to the stage at great speed, ending with a massive thud. All the lights come on and you can see Imperial Chancellor Kassandra Tennison had just jumped down from the roof, with Elder Dance Crew behind her looking pumped and ready to go.

Suddenly EDC threw all their walkers and walking sticks into the crowd, quite a distance. Then they ripped off their old people's clothes, to reveal the grey military style uniforms of IMCOR complete with Ardokian flag armbands and Kepi-style hats.

Kassandra Tennison began to sing as the music commenced. EDC remained still.

New World Order
New World Order
Our New World Order
Our New World Order

Everyone will be united

Then; EDC began stepped to the left, did a little clap higher over their left shoulder, and did a back-flip. Then; stepped to the right, did a little clap over their right shoulder, and did a back-flip.

When Kassandra started singing again, they continued sidestepping to the left and right, punching down towards the ground and up towards the air all the while clapping in the intervals.

Our God-Emperor, is a dreamer
Shall unite these nations of ours
Living standards, will rise
Long live our Greater Empire

Together now
Everyone let's unite
All around
Our great planet
United together, yeah together
For all eternity

Our New World Order
Master of all humanity, yeah
Yeah, it will prevail
Our New World Order
Our grand utopia
All submit to it

Our New World Order
Yeah, it will prevail
Our New World Order
Our grand utopia
All submit to it's jurisdiction

Then; EDC began stepping to the left, did a little clap higher over their left shoulder, and did a back-flip. Then; stepped to the right, did a little clap over their right shoulder, and did a back-flip.

The non-believers, of our Order
Distrust what humans can achieve
But our order, will be achieved
Everyone long live our Greater Empire

They continued sidestepping to the left and right, punching down towards the ground and up towards the air all the while clapping in the intervals.

Together now
Everyone let's unite
All around
Our great planet
For all eternity

Our New World Order
Yeah, it will prevail
Our New World Order
Our grand utopia
All submit to it

Our New World Order
Yeah, it will prevail
Our New World Order
Our grand utopia

EDC then stated break-dancing, spinning on their heads and bouncing at the same time, then doing the same on their pinky fingers, then the same on their noses.

Then; EDC once again began stepping to the left, did a little clap higher over their left shoulder, and did a back-flip. Then; stepped to the right, did a little clap over their right shoulder, and did a back-flip.

The non-believers, of our Order
Distrust what humans can achieve
But our order, will be achieved
Everyone long live our Greater Empire

They continued sidestepping to the left and right, punching down towards the ground and up towards the air all the while clapping in the intervals.

Together now
Everyone let's unite
All around
Our great planet
For all eternity

Our New World Order
Yeah, it will prevail
Our New World Order
Our grand utopia
All submit to it

Our New World Order
Yeah, it will prevail
Our New World Order
Our grand utopia

Now EDC, all jumped into the air at once, and began spinning in a perpetual back-flip during the little instrumental. They went faster, and faster, and faster until all you could see was a blur of grey, and a mini tornado forming around them.

Just in time for Kassandra to sing again, they all landed back on their feet and continued sidestepping to the left and right, punching down towards the ground and up towards the air all the while clapping in the intervals.

Our New World Order
Yeah, it will prevail
Our New World Order
Our grand utopia
All submit to it

Our New World Order
Yeah, it will prevail
Our New World Order
Our grand utopia

Then; EDC once again began stepping to the left, did a little clap higher over their left shoulder, and did a back-flip. Then; stepped to the right, did a little clap over their right shoulder, and did a back-flip.

When the song had finished, Imperial Chancellor Kassandra Tennison and Elder Dance Crew came together and shouted We love you WorldVision! to an amazed audience who were cheering and clapping intensely. They then slowly walked off stage.
Last edited by Ardoki on Sat May 23, 2015 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

Rotia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rotia » Sat May 23, 2015 12:54 am

17. Rotia
Jovanka Amalia Kopanja was born in 1997 in Marelje, Berič (Rotia's second largest city), and is a student at Kutnja Gimnazija and is learning Social Studies. She started out as an actress and has played in the Berič Regional Theatre and the National Theatre (then the Imperial Theatre). She's played in Rotian Productions of the Lion King, Les Misérables & Mary Poppins. She's also currently studying at the Mazan School of Music, where she is learning on guitar. On the stage she'll be alone and playing the guitar. Here is Rotia's representative, Jovanka Kopanja with My Drug.

tune
--
She stands at the middle of the Stage, with her guitar. She's wearing a black dress with white collars and sleeves, and white shoes. There is nothing on the LCD screen, it's only her. There is nothing much happening on the stage, but the much of the lighting that is above, and in front of here are on her and turn on as soon as she starts to play. When she starts her voice isn't really strong.
--
I can see the bright lights
I can hear the violins
Dancing to baroque with masks, everyone is faceless
Nothing feels right, smells right
Everything causes fright
Running out for help
But nobody can save me

--
Her voice gets stronger. She's completely concentrated and doesn't look much at the camera. The camera doesn't move and is positioned so you can see her and the guitar.
--
I felt like no one’s there for me
I just want to be in someone else’s arms
But when I came close everything turned to dark
Except when I came to you

--
When the chorus starts she looks directly in the camera, she broke eye contact 2 - 3 times to check her guitar, but looked straight back at the camera
--
My drug
You're my drug
When I screamed for help you appeared in front of me
My drug
Don't you go
I thought you said you’d be there for me

--
Her voice got stronger and better then in the 1st verse. Now she doesn't look down at her guitar and looks directly at the camera and audience. She looks and acts way more confident then in the start.
--
We were talking all night
Throwing cigarette stubs
Wondering 'bout life
and then making love at midnight
I end up sleeping, weeping
Crying all evening
I thought we were forever
but now that's all over.

--
Her confidence dropped for an unknown reason. She started getting a bit shaky.
--
The tears that are rolling down my cheek
I light fires to get rid of all this pain
I cut my veins and all I see is your face
but that’s all I have left

--
Her confidence was slowly rising, but it was obvious that she's tearing up, but her voice was less shakier then before.
--
My drug
You're my drug
I scream for help but you're nowhere to be found
My drug
Why'd you go?
You promised you'd never leave my side

--
In that pause she took a deep breath, and started singing in Croatian.
--
Gdje si, zašto si mi to radi
--
She gave out a nervous sound like she was laughing and crying at the same time. Her voice was shaky and she was very close to crying.
--
Moj lijek
Ti si moj
Stalno vrišti, zašto ne možeš me čuje?
Moj lijek
Ja sam ovdje
Nikad nisam dobio da se oprostim

--
The song ended and she gave out the same sound like she was crying and laughing at the same time "Thank you, Thank you so much" she says, bows down, and leaves the stage.

Where are you, why did you do this to me
--
My drug
You are mine
I keep screaming why can't you hear me
My drug
I'm still here
I wasn't able to say goodbye, to you.
Last edited by Rotia on Sat May 23, 2015 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Federal Republic of Rotia // Savezna Republika Zlotia
Icelandic, 16 year old, Asexual and a huge dork.
Support: Capitalism, Equality, Internet Neutrality, Israel, US, Japan, Nato
Against: Communism, Socialism, Radical Feminism, Tumblr, Palestine, The Middle East, Scandinavia, Religion.
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46
WV39 - Jovanka Kopanja - Drug // 28th - 42 Points
WV40 - Drent X Jalina Provani - Spremiti // TBA
ISideWith

United Regions of Verona
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Regions of Verona » Sat May 23, 2015 1:41 am

18 - UNITED REGIONS OF VERONA
DMITRA YARAKINSK - HAVOC
Tune: Lena - Traffic Lights

Dmitra strolled onto the stage, quite modestly, wearing a black and white dress, designed by Veronan government-appointed designer Kohei Eketoid. Her hair was pulled back into a stylish ponytail, and the lights dimmed slightly. A male dancer was standing far behind her, not moving. He wore a armband displaying the flag of Takatashi, Verona's closest ally, symbolising their co-operation in the selection in the song, as Takayites were eligible to vote is the Pan Veronan Song Contest from their homes in Takatashi.

The only lights on were two spotlights, one aimed towards the dancer, and a brighter one aimed at Dmitra herself.

The music began, and Dmitra looked to the ground, still standing still and holding her microphone, and began singing.

How much longer will I wait?
Will he be gone much longer?
Gone for a second, that's fine.
For us, we'll send a ultimatum,
To get back here,*
I hope you haven't done,
Anything too wrong,
And if you have,
You'll be branded a coward,
How much longer will I wait?
Will he be gone much longer?
Gone for a second, thats fine,

Do you think I will wait all night, -ight, -ight, I?
Do you think I will wait all night, -ight, -ight, I?

Dmitra suddenly looked up, her face seemingly frightened, pale. But it was part of the act, not a sudden strike of stage fright. The dancer's pace got quicker, and more disturbing. He portrayed acts of screaming and crying, of course without a sound.

The stage burst into a bright white light, making many wince, before suddenly going dark again.

Why does havoc strike?****
Everytime you go?**,
Why does havoc strike?
Red, amber, I lose***,
And I hope that you're,
Gonna get home soon,
Why does havoc strike?
Everytime you go?

The dancer gets slightly closer to Dmitra. Another blinding flash of white light occurs, before immediately stopping. Dmitra takes on the expression of being confused and frightened, walking around a little, looking around desperately, as if she was being chased.

There's a hold-up outside
You've been gone for more than than an hour,
It's feeling like forever.
I'm feeling like a mess,
I'll call the cops,
And if it's a girl you left for, have I met her?

And every passing hour end with me muttering,
Did I hear you wrong?
I'm cripplin',
My dear, I can say,
Time to go away,
Time for someone better,

Dmitra's staggering outside began to slow, and instead anger and doubt filled her face. Her eyes narrowed, and she seemed to be staring right at the audience, as if searching for the girl she thinks her boyfriend left for. The cries of delight from the Veronan audience, grew louder, however the music was still louder. Another blast of light lit up the venue, but only for a moment.

Why does havoc strike?
Everytime you go?**,
Why does havoc strike?
Red, amber, I lose***,
And I hope that you're,
Gonna get home soon,
Why does havoc strike?
Everytime you go?

Another blast of light,

Do you think I would have waited all night, -ight, -ight, I?
Do you think I would have waited all night, -ight, -ight, I?
Do you think I would have waited all ni-, i, i, i, i, i, i, i, i?
Do you think I would have waited all ni-, i, i, i ,i, i, i, i, i?

Another blast of light. The Takayite dancer suddenly switched from a distorted dance to a beautiful one, running up behind Dmitra and lifting her up, twirling around. A few blasts of light happened, each half a second apart. Dmitra kept singing.

Why does havoc strike?
Everytime you go?**,
Why does havoc strike?
Red, amber, I lose***,
And I hope that you're,
Gonna get home soon,
Why does havoc strike?
Everytime you go?

The stage blew into the brightest light yet- and lingered like that for a few seconds. Dmitra and her dancer moved around the stage rapidly, twirling and jumping. Then, in an embrace at the centre of the stage, they froze and looked out at the crowd, and the music stopped. And so did the light.

The Veronan crowd went wild, with deafening screams from them. The Takayites too, however they were saving their voices for the Takayite entry.

Dmitra and her dancer parted, and bowed, and like they entered, strolled off in pride.

* = Skip the last line in the first verse
** = Pronounced ''gew, rather than the ordinary go. This has been done to make it sound better with the tune.
*** = This is depicting a classic scene of a messaging application, where red or amber often indicated that they are busy, offline or not currently on the computer. This colour scheme is featured in the Veronan social media site, Yabatau. This colours were picked as the two together are two of the three primary colours on the fabulous Veronan flag.
**** = This was just recently noticed. Please do not include the ''don't change'' lyrics within the song (Featured in Traffic Lights), and simply let the music play at that moment, after ''Havoc Strike?''
Last edited by United Regions of Verona on Sat May 23, 2015 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
I iz a proud and sexi member of d Exchange of Sad Annoying Pathetic Students
My TG box is lonely, why not send me a TG?
Kourtney is the best Kardashian!
''The only sane people on this planet is me, Alfy, Hake & Theo James,'' - Myself
#yafran

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sat May 23, 2015 1:54 am

19-NormandyandPicardy
The Swingers - I Love You
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iabyEebfCc
For the dance moves, look here for guides

The Swingers, along with trombonist Michel Oterue and Clarinet player Jasper Speroni worked together to create this song. The band was not well known before the final of Alo Contjalest Esa Poual Chantjal, the Normand national final. They had had limited success with their song 'Swing', mainly within the Jazz/Swing community, which at the time was small. However, since the group entered ACEPC, they have become incredibly popular within Normandy and Picardy and this song has reached Number 1 on the Normand charts. They were up against steep competition from Small Lords but eventually won the contest quite convincingly. Therefore, the act has been preparing to perform the song and have said in an interview on the Night! program that they can't wait to get on stage. They are confident that they will do well and want to make their country proud.

The band sit on top of a raised platform in the middle of the stage. Julie, the lead singer of the band, wears this dress and stands behind what appears to be an old fashioned microphone on a stand. The pianist is to the right of her, hidden behind the piano. To the left are the clarinettist and the trombonist and behind them all are the drummer and the bassist. As the song begins, several pairs of dancers run onto the stage. The background is an art deco design like this. When the trombone and clarinet come in, they begin a Tandem Charleston which they keep until the verse begins, when they go into a Swing Out and then Lindy Swivels, and there is an alternation between the Swing Out and the Lindy Swivels until the bridge section. The stage has been made to look like a 1920s dance halls, with people and tables chatting to each other and watching the dancers.

I want you
You're looking so fine tonight
I want you
I want you to be mine baby
I want you
I am falling for you my baby
I want you
Come on and dance with me

As the bridge begins, the dancers enter an open position and perform an underarm turn before doing a locked whip and then a she-he turn before performing another underarm turn. At this stage, Julie walks down from the platform and towards the front of the stage, taking the microphone from the stand (for it is a modern microphone made to look like an old fashioned one). The dancers dance on either side of her.

Down here on the dance floor
We will dance the night away
I want to see you
And dance and celebrate
I am a believer in true love
And you have come to prove it
Come on

During the instrumental bit, the dancers do a spin with each other before the men dip the lady dancers. They then proceed to do a series of Charleston side kicks and then the Shortey George. Then, the dancers do an East Coast Swing for the rest of the chorus.

I, I, I, I love you
I, I, I, I love you
I, I, I, I love you
I love you and you're my man
I, I, I, I love you
I, I, I, I love you
I, I, I, I love you

As the second verse begins, the dancers do 2 tuck turns w/a free spin before doing a whip w/a inside turn and a whip w/a outside turn and then finally a Texas Tommy. The background changes to show this.
Come on baby
Don't tease me, just let me love you
Come on baby
Love me like I love you
Come on baby
It's just you and me tonight
Come on baby
Nothing's stopping us, the world is ours

As the bridge begins, the dancers again enter an open position and perform an underarm turn before doing a locked whip and then a she-he turn. However, they then do a left side pass and a wrap-in wrap-out.

Come on, dance with me
Come on, spend the night with me
Come on baby
Lose yourself and feel free
I am a believer in true love
And you have come to prove it
Come on

Several of those who were sitting at the side stand up and join the routine. Once again, the men dip the women but then go into the lindy swing and then into the bow tie. Then, they go into the east coast swing again.
I, I, I, I love you
I, I, I, I love you
I, I, I, I love you
I, I, I, I love you
I, I, I, I love you
I, I, I, I love you

During the long instrumental, another man comes on and Julia dances with him within the group of dancers. They first do the Tandem Charleston and then a turning basic before doing a whip and then a Texas Tommy, before going back into the east coast swing. The central platform turns around once during the part were the clarinet plays before stopping as the trombone plays. As the trombone begins to play, the dancers line up and do the illusion knees and a series of Charleston Steps before, just as the instrumental ends, the men make a 'staircase' for Julia to walk up to return to the platform (imagine a human pyramid but leaned against the central platform). As Julia begins to sing again, the lights dim a bit and the background changes again, back to this. The men dip the women again before doing a Shorty George, back into the east coast swing and then, at the end of the bridge section, a sweat heart position.

Come on my dear
Come to me
Come let me love you
My baby
Let me own you
Let me show you
That I love you
Come on my baby

As the chorus begins again, the dancers do the Charleston Steps, a left side pass, an elbow pass and then back into the chorus. The lights are undimmed. People in the audience are now swaying and dancing along to the music and are clearly enjoying it. Julia sexily brings her hands down her sides half way through to cheers from the audience, before continuing to sing.

I, I, I, I love you
I, I, I, I love you
I, I, I, I love you
I, I, I, I love you
I, I, I, I love you
I, I, I, I love you

The instrumentalists and Julia all join the dancers in the middle as the music keeps playing in the background (they have been actually playing the instruments up to that point). They just generally dance, the moves being improvised and random. The sings ends with them all leaning on one leg and doing jazz hands with Julia standing in the middle. The crowd cheers loudly as the song ends and The Swingers are relieved it has gone well.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Sat May 23, 2015 3:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sat May 23, 2015 2:16 am

20. Gregoryisgodistan
Song: “The Day King Petrus Dies”
Artist: Singer U399SLAABD
Tune: “American Pie” by Don McLean

Singer U399SLAABD and his patented flamethrowing guitar.

Singer U399SLAABD walks up onto the stage wearing a flame retardant suit with a design of the Gregoryisgodistai flag and holding a bag full of props. He is also carrying a fire-proof guitar with a flamethrower at the end. He steps up to the microphone and begins to sing.

A long, long time ago
A wicked land was founded by a crazy Church and a shit pile
And Saintand is that evil land
And now it’s time that we demand
To kill their evil leader, for he’s vile

We will chop off his dumb head
And then Petrus will be dead
To the ground it clatters
We’ll put it on a platter

We will shout and jump for joy
When we find out he’s dead, oh boy
We’ll all be happy deep inside
The day King Petrus dies

So my, my, that King Petrus must die
Whether we behead him, blow him up or he fries
And our citizens will drink their prune juice and gruel
Singing Petrus was a stupid old fool
Petrus was a stupid old fool

500 mannequins of King Petrus fall from the trapdoor above the stage. Singer U399SLAABD sets them on fire using the flamethrower at the end of his guitar. He then continues singing.

Petrus is an evil King
And beating women is his thing
For the Bible told him so
We have killed his father too
He’s as smart as my right shoe
We’ll also kill his Queen for show

Well, I know he beats his wifey Queen
And I think that that is really mean
He kicks her in the head
And rapes her while in bed

Oh, King Petrus is a drunken fuck
And he will not have time to duck
We’ll shoot that dirty piece of muck
The day King Petrus dies

We’ll all be singing my, my, that King Petrus must die

500 slaves in Royal Sanctii Garments run onto the stage screaming “Save Us Eye-Ee-zus”. Singer U399SLAABD sets them all on fire with the flamethrower, then pours gasoline on the two fires so they merge and engulf the stage. Then 500 female slaves dressed as Queen Veronica run onto the stage and Singer U399SLAABD sets them on fire as well then pours more gasoline onto the fire.

We’ll kill all the princes on our own
They’ll have nobody on the throne
You’d be dead if you could be
We will beat the King and Queen
With a whip we borrowed from Slave Island 3
We’ll all rejoice with you and me

Oh, King Petrus is a stupid clown
We’ll shoot his head and steal his crown
We’ll kill his brothers too
And his mom the poo

And our killers all will hit their marks
We will be happy as some larks
In Saintland the mood will be dark
The day King Petrus dies

We’ll be singing my, my, that King Petrus must die

5,000 slaves dressed as Sanctii princes, other members of the Royal Family, and random citizens deep in the line of succession run onto the stage. Snipers shoot them with flaming bullets, then Singer U399SLAABD sets them on fire again and pours more gasoline on the stage. Finally, he continues singing.

The Queen is dumb but the King is dumber
He’ll go to the World Bowl this summer
Our Enemy Crushers will kill him fast
We’ll crush him right there on the grass
As he tries for a forward pass
With his backup on the sideline in a cast

Halftime means we will attack
We’ll crush that stupid quarterback
We’ll all rejoice and dance
He’ll shit his royal pants

We will crush him on the field
Our Enemy Crushers refuse to yield
King Petrus’ death will be revealed
The day King Petrus dies

Let’s all start singing my, my, that King Petrus must die

On the balcony above the stage, 500 Enemy Crushers crush 500 slaves dressed as Sanctii football players, then throw them into the raging fire below. Then 500 more slaves come onto the balcony wearing Sanctii royal robes and the Enemy Crushers crush them as well and throw them over. Finally, the Enemy Crushers leave the balcony and Singer U399SLAABD continues singing.

We’ll show the bodies in one place
And then shoot them off into space
The world will be rid of those clowns

Oh yes, Petrus will be dead really quick
We will impale him with a stick
And set him on fire while he howls

500 slaves and 500 Gregoryisgodistani soldiers in flameproof outfits run onto the stage. The soldiers impale the slaves and they bleed all over the stage. Then the soldiers run off the stage and Singer U399SLAABD sets the bleeding slaves on fire. The impaling sticks are still sticking through them, they rapidly heat up as they are made of metal. The slaves insides get burned by the burning medal and they howl in pain then burn to death.

And as the Sanctii watch us kill
Angry they will be, they will
But they’ll all go to hell
And it is just as well

And we’ll watch the country burn all night
Like a human sacrifice
We’ll all be laughing with delight
The day King Petrus dies

Singer U399SLAABD pours 250 gallons of gasoline on the fire, causing it to rapidly ignite and soon the entire building is engulfed in a raging inferno. The temperature is hot enough to melt many of the seats, causing people to plunge into molten plastic as they are burning to death. Some of the plastic even boils, releasing toxic fumes into the air. Fortunately, it isn’t enough to kill Singer U399SLAABD as he is on the elevated stage and the gas sinks since it is heavier than air. Some of the audience breathes it and dies from inhaling it, but they would have burned to death soon anyway. As everyone watches the building burn, either dying if they are inside or shocked if they are watching on TV, Singer U399SLAABD sings the chorus at normal speed before singing the final verse slower than the rest and with a different melody.

We’ll see a nun who’s feeling blue
And she’ll ask us for some happy news
But we’ll just kill her and take her land

They’ll go down to their Bible stores
Where they sold the Bible years before
But we’ll tell them that their Bibles are now banned

Throughout the land, our victims scream
Of victory our people dream
Our bullets will be holing
The church bells will be stolen

And the heathens I admire least
King Petrus, Eye-ee-zus, and Sanctii priests
Will meet the Devil and the Beast
The day King Petrus Dies

5,000 copies of The Holy Bible drop from the ceiling, instantly being burned. Then 2,000 slaves dressed as Sanctii priests fall from the ceiling into the inferno. Finally, 2,500 scale models of Sanctii Churches fall from the ceiling and are engulfed by flame. At last, it’s time for the final chorus, slower this time, repeated at the end.

And we’ll be singing my, my, that King Petrus must die

At last, the sprinkler system turns on. It takes 90 minutes to put out the raging inferno, by which point everyone is dead except Singer U399SLAABD because he was wearing a fireproof suit. Most people in the audience are burnt to ash, as are all the slaves, Bibles, model churches, etc.
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Sat May 23, 2015 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Gregory Llama Land
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregory Llama Land » Sat May 23, 2015 2:28 am

21. Gregory Llama Land
Song: “My Pet Goat”
Artist: George W. Tush
Tune: ”Baby Beluga” by Raffy

ImageImage
George W. Tush and his pet goat, Chompy.

George W. Tush, Mayor of New Llamityville, walks onto the stage accompanied by his pet goat and best (well, only) friend, Chompy. He pets Chompy, who bleats happily. Then, he begins to sing while Chompy bleats in the background into his own miniature microphone.

My pet goat eating lots of grass
How I like to stroke his ass
And his head and his chinny chin chin
He’s my only friend and I love him

One of Mayor Tush’s aides runs onto the stage and screams “Sir, can I talk to you for a second?” Mayor Tush is angry and says “Can’t you see I’m singing?” The aide says “It’s quite urgent” to which Tush says “Chompy, you take the chorus!” Chompy steps up to the microphone while Tush walks over to the aide.

Bleat Bleat Bleat Bleat Bleat Bleat Bleat Bleat Bleat
Bleat Bleat Bleat Bleat Bleat Bleat

“Sir, someone assassinated the Deputy Mayor. Perhaps you should leave the contest and make a statement.”
“Can’t you see I’m performing? Let me finish the song then maybe I’ll leave.”

Chompy the Goat is My Only Friend
I will love him till the end
He is my goaty friend and my pet goat
I gave him his very own coat

Mayor Tush’s aide walks over to him again. Tush sighs, walks over to him, and tells Chompy to take the chorus.

“Mr. Mayor, terrorists just blew up city hall. You really should leave.”
“No, wait until the contest is over. I’m not leaving in the middle.”

I feed him oats and corn and pie
If he left then I would cry
If I were gay than as a surprise
I would marry him and wouldn’t be shy

Tush’s aide runs on the stage again. Tush glares at him evilly but finally walks over as Chompy sings the chorus.

“Can’t I at least sing the chorus once?”
“Mr. Mayor, some crazed gunman has gone on the loose in the Town Square and killed 34 people. He still hasn’t been caught. You sure you don’t want to leave?”
“Sure as I’ve ever been, Pete.”
“My name’s Dave. Pete got shot by the gunman.”

Chompy the goat you are my pet goat
On the clouds and grass you float
You drink your water from the tin I give
I’ll love you as long as I live
I’ll love you as long as I live

Just as George is finally going to get his chance to sing the chorus, his aide runs onto the stage again. “WHAT COULD IT POSSIBLY BE NOW? THIS BETTER BE GOOD!”
“Sir, the terrorists just nuked New Llamityville. Everyone’s dead.”
“I give up! Screw the rest of the song. I’m going back to my ranch back home in Crawford. Our real home, not New Llamityville. Paul, you can take the trophy when we win.”
“My name’s still Dave. Paul’s dead now. So is everyone else in your city.”
“Not my city anymore, Bob.”

United Regions of Verona
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Regions of Verona » Sat May 23, 2015 2:30 am

PVBN COMMENTARY

LIVE ON PVBN 1 & PVBN 1 HD

Kohei: ''Ah, lovely. Good evening... Titaniumland? This is where it is being held, yes? Ha, we're hours ahead... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 & 17 hours ahead in all of our timezones!''

Yara: ''I believe so. The stage is rather... Strange. I believe we are the 18th entry tonights...''

Kohei: ''Ah look! The opening act!''

Yara: ''That was... Alright? I'm glad we missed out on the last 6 editions, if this was the standard for opening acts...''

Kohei: ''Yes, but we probably missed out on good acts. I can't believe we pulled out because of that little attempted revolution up north - It was over in 2 weeks! Not even 5 deaths!''

Yara: ''True - Oh my goodness. These are meant to be our hosts? The people of Titaniumland must be very stupid. How could you forget to do your makeup? Don't you have a beautician employed for that very reason? Disgraceful!''

Kohei: ''Indeed. Well, looks like the first act is about begin!

1 - Free Republics
-

2 - YTTRIBIA
K: It's alright, I guess, not exactly winning material.
Y: Yeah. They look about 80!
K: Can't say much yourself Yara!
- Thump heard -

3 - ELECTRUM
K: Good, I guess?
Y: Yeah, kinda a meh-ish entry for me, but not the worst. I think it's the type you have to listen to a few times...

4 - TALVEZOUT
Y: Finally! The best song so far! And I must say, I really do like it!
K: Agreed, sister! Real nice!
Y: She gunna be a superstar, just shake her booty 'bit more...

5 - HOLY REPUBLICAN EMPIRE
-

6 - ESTA LLOVIENDO
-

7 - EKOZ
-

8 - POLKOPIA
K: Ya, nice. I like it.
Y: Yaaaaas. 5 points!

9 - TODLICHEBUJOKU
K: Not bad! I mean, not as good as ourselves, but actually good!
Y: OMG! This contest is kinda weak so far but this, Talvezout and Polkopia are the best so far!

10 - SWORD BLOSK
-

11 - DREAMPLANET
K: That was Dreamplanet... Although that song was a nightmare... Heh...
Y: It wasn't the worst... Except it was about as exciting as eating pig shit.
K: He could have done so much more. Danced, lights, all that. But no, just walking. OH LOOK THE NEXT ACT!

12 - ALOQUIRBE
K: Alright, not the worst so far.
Y: Meh.

13 - ESTOGIUM
K: That's nice. I can see a few points from Verona going their way!
Y: Mmmm. I like her dress. That man, however, is a fashion disaster.
K: Yeah. But yes, I can see votes going there way!

14 - NORTH DREAMPLANET
- Groaning from both commentators -
K: North Dreamplanet, 0 points...

15 - BRITTANY
Y: Much better than that last thing...
K: It's not bad at all. Nice.
Y: True that.

16 - ARDOKI
Y: BRAVO!
K: A TREMENDOUS PERFORMANCE!
Y: 12 POINTS! THIS IS JUST AMAZING!
K: FANTASTIC! ONLY VERONA CAN TOP THIS!

17 - ROTIA
Y: She looks about 5.
K: You look about 80...
Y: Shut up Kohei. You know I'm 26 and you're only 2 years younger...
K: Yeah, whatevs. Anyway, nice song, can see points from Verona going there way!

18 - UNITED REGIONS OF VERONA
K: Perfection! Bravo!
- Extremely loud and fast clapping noises -
Y: AMAZING! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! SHE HAS DONE THIS GREAT NATION PROUD! PRAISE HER, FOR SHE HAS SUCCEEDED ALL EXPECTATIONS! BRAVO!
K: Hello, some city calling! Our 12 points go to... United Regions of Verona!
Y: Dress is amazing! She's stunning! And that Takayite dancer! They are performing later tonight, if I recall correctly!
K: Ah, next act is coming up!

19 - NORMANDY AND PICARDY
Y: Ah, yes, Normandy and Picardy. Quite a charming song!
K: I believe they also bid to host WorldVision, but it was a very close vote!
Y: Quite so. I would love to see this win, although Verona, of course, and Ardoki are my favourites!

20 - GREGORYISGODISTAN
K: Whoever wrote this should burn in hell.

21 - GREGORY LLAMA LAND
K: I cannot waste more time listening to this filth!

K: It's time to check the verNETWORK feed!

The overlay switches to a selection of posts on the verNETWORK, the Veronan social media.

Miu Hong-Zhang posted:
dat talvezout is gr8 m8 yeahhhhhhhh

Kohei Eketoid posted:
Go Verona! I see the dress I designed is looking spectacular!
109876 favourites

Lin Matuba posted:
Ardoki <3 <3 <3

Y: And just before the next act, may we just inform you Veronans how to vote!

K: To vote via landline, please ring 09365 and the entry number, with a naught in front if it's a single digit. For example, the first entry, I would call 09365. The tenth entry, however, would be 0936510. Get it? Voting this way does not carry a charge.

Y: To vote via text messaging, please text 09366 with the nation you would like to vote for. Please ensure you have spelt it correctly or your vote will not be counted. For example, to vote for Normandy & Picardy, text 09366 with the message ''Normandy & Picardy''. Alternatively, you can put and instead of a ampersand, or an ampersand in the place of and. Abbreviations will not be accepted. Voting this way does not carry a charge!

K: And finally, you can vote on your tablets, laptops and phones, simply use the PVBN App available on BlumeOS devices and osBLUME for laptop and desktops. With other devices, simply go onto pvbn.ver and vote. Our databases will record your ISP address, so you cannot vote more than the maximum. Voting any of these ways does not carry a charge!

K: The next acts are about to start!

22 - Al-Balansiyya
K: Ugh.
Y: It's already been 22 songs and you would have thought there would have been more good ones aside from ourself...
K: Preach it girl.

23 - MISTER X
K: Ohhh, exciting...
Y: Something you'd hear in, what, the 1980's? NEXT!

24 - ELECTRUM DIPLOMATIC OFFICES
K: Perfection.
Y: Who would have known a office could become it's own nation?

25 - SAN JOSE GUAYABAL
-

26 - SAN LLERA
Y: No.

27 - MISSUS X
Y: Do you remember WV 33? When this crap debuted? Seems to be same singer. Little homophobic bastard, he is.
K: Remember I burned the cardboard cutout of him?
Y: Good times!

28 - KASANOVA-KORATICA
K: WHOOP WHOOP!
Y: OMG YES PLEASE! YES! MORE, MORE!
K: Ew, Yara, you're so disgusting.
Y: Shut up gayboy.

29 - IZMEDU
K: Ah, they won last year. It seems they do not wish to win again...
Y: Perhaps it will be Izmedu nul points this year?

30 - SILKJD
-

31 - SILKJDIAN MAINLAND ASIA
-

32 - COREYO
K: Rather nice. Although she's ugly...
Y: I must agree with you there, Kohei.
K: Time to check the verNETWORK feed!
Y: And I hear that Takatashi's entry is coming up, at number 41!

K: And look who we have here to interview! It's Vincent & the Sprawl, representing Talvezout in this years edition!

Y: Come on in girlfriend! Let's get straight to the questions!

Y: How did you feel up on that stage, Vincent?

Hey! I'll admit, I was pretty nervous performing onstage. I was thinking "Don't think about the audience" the entire time as well. I was also hoping that the cloak malfunction wouldn't happen again at the same time as well.

K: *Laugh* Oh? Haha! Anyway, what did you think of your competition?

I think there's quite a bit of good competition for the contest. No real bad ones really.

Y: Verona's the best, obviously. Now, do you think you'll end up in the Top 10?

Eh, kinda! I remeber getting told alot that there's some sort of curse on the Talvezian entries, on that the odd numbered entry we send always does bad or something. So I hope I can at least semi-avert it.

Y: Oh? Great. Perhaps our chances of winning are higher! Now, heh heh, how would you react if you got the lovely bottom 5 or even the wonderful nul point?

Placing in the bottom 5 or last would suck quite a bit I'll admit. Getting nul points would be a sort of feat though. It'll defined be memorable.

K: Ha, yeah. Perhaps it could be a good thing? Everyone wants to buy the nul-point song out of sympathy or novelty, right? And finally, how do you feel people will react to your song?

I'm hoping that people like it and also its message. Granted, there's already been a plethora of interesting interpretations of it, so who knows?

K: Alright, thank you Vincent! We have some more artists wanting to be interviewed by us, so run! Ha!

K: Hello Lena! Now, our very first question, how did you feel up on stage?

Hello! Bonjour! Well, I knew I had to do well, better than those Estoge performers, because I would really like to perform, or If I don't perform next edition, then I would like my nation to progress through with the motherland, Britonisea. So when I went on that stage, after Dreamplanet, I felt fearless. I just took a step on the stage and smiled at all the people who was cheering in my name. I felt ecstatic.

Y: What inspired you to write this song?

I am not sure if you read my VT, put I had this mental disease, caused by parenting. My parents weren't the best, and this chemical in Britonish chicken. Not good. And I had these episodes. From these episodes I got help, from my lover...Yes, My lover *chuckles* and, um, I wrote a song about how I felt the night of my vaccination. "Away, Away you go" is the few words I repeated in my mind, and that kept me strong. So that is what, inspired me.

K: What do you think of the competition, such as us, the United Regions of Verona?

Well before I come to your act, I would like to give a big shout out to Estogium and Normandy and Picardy, and also Free Republics, I will be voting for you guys tonight, defo. *Chuckles again* I think this year, the songs are much better than the weak contest we had last year in Peeto, that's probably why we came 5th last year. But, you know, life! I think your act, from the URV, is alright you know. I think it is one of the ones up there. I have downloaded it on my phone already *Shows phone to camera screen* however, it is like 12th in the GBK Charts for WorldVision, so hopefully you get points from us! Because I wish you do!

Y: Do you expect to do well? What if you end up with nul point?

I don't like answering these questions, because I always jinx them, however, I am going to be very truthful and honest. I doubt we'd get nul points. I think, in comparison to different contests, I think we will get an average mark, I think both Estogium and Aloquirbe will beat the target of 48. I think if we don't get 48 points, then Britonisea would go alone, or possibly with Nightom. I don't think that nul points will be possible for us, beause we put in the song, DIVA, and that got us 12 points. So, anything is possible, really!

Y: What's your plans for your future career after WorldVision? Would you consider representing Aloquirbe again?

Of course. I would like to stay in the WorldVision business. I am going to represent Aloquirbe again, hopefully for 40, or 41. Definitely when we bid to host again. The Nyat will be back! But, as far as not singing, I would be the backstage person for The GBK entries.

K: What's your favourite drug?

I can't really, I can't really respond to that, you know. *Mobile Rings* I um, think I have to leave now, where is the exit?

K: And the Tödlichebujoki participants are here! Now, how did you feel up on stage?

Valtimo: Amazing. I don't know how it came across on camera, but I felt I like I was actually slipping into the persona I created when I wrote the lyrics.

Ute: I saw part of the replay, and I thought it did, actually. And we had an amazing time as well. Not to mention a lot of fun in the rehearsals.
Heike: I can totally understand Valtimo. It's almost as if the spotlight intensified my emotions.

K: How do you think people have received the song?

Valtimo: So far we've had a ton of support from our fans, and quite a few new fans as well.

Núria: Of course, it's been a mixed bag with the commentators. Some love it, some hate it.

Heike: Polkopia and Electrum's commentators enjoyed it, which for me makes up for the rest.

Y: And, now, what do you think of the competition?

Krista: I have to say, there are some truly amazing entries that have been performed here tonight. I heard the Ekozian entry was simply stellar.

Ute: I was blown away by Izmedu's entry, personally.

Valtimo: There's something about the Normand entry I like- I don't know if it's the jazz or just the energy the performers brought on stage, but I actually enjoyed that.

Y: How would you feel with nul points? Are you in to win or just showcase your song?

Núria: Well, that would be disappointing for sure, but at least we've performed and got the message out to the world.

Valtimo: Considering that our nation hasn't ever had nul points, it would a bit more than disappointing, I think. Perhaps it would be a sign that the world isn't quite ready for our message. Hopefully it makes it to those who need it most, at least.

K: Do you feel you should represent Tödlichebujoku again in WorldVision?

Heike: Well we're not planning on doing anything further as a collaboration for WorldVision, but as individual acts we might.

*Valtimo nods*

Krista: It's possible that a more upbeat, fast-paced song by LUMI might come to the WorldVision stage, but not anytime soon.

K Now, on average, how many times weekly do you have sex?

*All stare in surprise for a few seconds*

Ute: Um, here and there.

Núria: Maybe you should ask the Kasanova-Koraticans that question, I'm sure they'd have a very interesting response.

Valtimo: Let's not bring them up, I was scarred by that entry... Anyway, thanks for having us!

Together: Oh yes, thanks, thanks so much!

K: Alright, that was the interviews of the entrants from Alboquire, Talvezout & Todlichebujoku! Good luck to both!

Y: And theres more entries coming up, including Takatashi!

33 - PLASCHEA
K: It's alright, just not my type of music, you know?
Y: I have to agree KoKo. I mean, I can see a lot liking it, it's good, but not my taste.

34 - KWADAI
K: OMG! Yes.
Y: Yes. Just yes.
K: Perhaps this time, it will be Scresan calling and 12 points to KwaDai?
Y: Hopefully Tripoli calling and United Regions of Verona 12 points...

35 - WAZEKIA
Y: No. Please stop.

36 - RYCCIA
K: Whoops, I fell asleep. Did I miss anything?
Y: Just Ryccia. Shit music.

37 - CILOSS
K: Shoot me now, please.

38 - VETTRERA
K: Not the strongest, but I can see it getting, maybe 10th place? A LOT better then some of the other entries we've heard tonight...
Y: She's due in for a interview with us, however.

39 - TITANIUMLAND
Y: Tonight's host nation's act! Although obviously they put as much effort into their opening act as in this. Not great.
K: I can see it getting 54 points. I bet all of my money!
Y: Really? I'd love 50 million Vercons, but I don't want to gamble my 50 million either. How about 5 Vercons? I bet for 67 and you 54? 67 and over, I win. 54 and under, you win. If it's inbetween, whatever is closer to 67 or 54 then the other number wins!
K: Deal!

40 - BAD NAZI'S
K: No.

41 - TAKATASHI
K: The best after us! Go Takatashi! Go Bluem and Ydria!
Y: The best! The best! Takatashi! Bluem! Ydria! Yay!

42 - CHAMELIYA
Y: Nice. 6 points, maybe?
K: 6, yeah. Go whatever their name is!

43 - OWNER-OSSITY
Y: Just... Just... Why?

44 - PRACIBA
Y: Praciba, nul point.

45 - HINENAES
K: Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnice?

K: Another interview! Whoop whoop!

K: And with us now is Rebecca from Vettrera for an interview! Now, how did you feel up on stage?

I found it pretty good considering I really only stood on stage for most of the performance! It was kind of hard making sure my voice still was loud with all the fog though. I think we brought something cool to the table today, and I hope the voters agree!

Y: Right! Now, who, other then yourself, is your favourite act?

Todlichebujoku for sure. After last edition's trainwreck they really brought it this time around! Absolute slayage!

Y: Oh? Interesting choice! We interviewed them earlier! Now, what did you think of your competition?

I think it's pretty.....weird. There's always those nations that play it safe, and then thete are those that go straight for execution. You really can find everything here, even things you dont wanna see.

K: Really? Some of the things I didn't want to hear, they were so bad! Now, what made you think you were even close to being good enough for WorldVision?

Gabrielle Bridge who entered in Worldvision a long while ago was a high school friend. I went and worked with her on the set of her new show, Race Track, and she told me I should try out. At that time I was only just working on my fist official album, but she told me to go for it and I did.

K:I see, now, how did you feel in that... Outfit?

It's a little snug to tell you the truth. But I love it! Definitely not something you just wear around town though.

K: Yeah, it's kinda something for bed at night for a little... Fun! Now, who, in your opinion, is your biggest fan?

I've gotta go with Gabby again. She's just been such a help to me, and has supported my craft from the jump.

Y: Gabby-flabby, shut up about that whore. Just kidding! Now, you gunna party tonight girlfriend?!?

Of course! Hopefully I don't get too tispy this time though. Last time I went crazy I ended up doing splits in the bar

K: And with us now is the Swingers, representing Normandy & Picardy with ''I Love You''. Now, how did you all feel up on stage?

Julie: As I've said before to other commentators, I think everything went really well, and it should have been a spectacle for everyone watching here in Rowland as well as those watching at home.
We just wanted to go on stage and do well, and we feel we delivered.

Y: Oh? Yes, you did. Now, don't you think this is a little... Old for WorldVision?

Julie: Not at all. Yes, it isn't pop music but we just wanted to bring something a little different to the contest. We wanted to show that any type of music can compete at a contest like this, and we wanted to showcase the genre to younger viewers. Most importantly, we wanted to bring some old-time realness to the contest.

Y: Ah, I see. Good idea! Now, how do you hope the people will react to your performance tonight?

Julie: We hope the reaction will be positive, and my talk with the commentators from Britonisea showed that they certainly like it over their. We know some people won't like it, but that's to be expected. Hopefully, people love the song enough to vote for it.

K: I see... Now, what do you think of the competition tonight?

Julie: There are some very good songs here tonight. The song from Polkopia was absolutely brilliant, and their language is so beautiful. Of course, there are some awful entries, and some mediocre ones, but overall I think the quality is great. I know you're going to think I'm weird or something, but I loved the song from Electrum Diplomatic Offices. The tune was just amazing.

K: Oh? Really? Electrum Diplomatic Offices? God. Now, how do you think you'll fare tonight in terms of placing? Top 10? Bottom 10? Nul Point?

Julie: I would love to win, naturally, but I just hope I don't end last. Look, we didn't come here looking to win, but we wanted to have a party and we did. So bring on the results, and let's see how we did.

Y: We'd all want to win, Julie. Now, how do you feel performing before... Gre-Gre-Gregoryissatanistan's entry?

Julie: At least we aren't performing straight after them. Just imagine the mess! It shouldn't effect our chances too much, whilst I hope their act doesn't do as well as they have done in recent contests.

K: We all hope that. We all dream of them never returning. Anyway, would you ever consider returning to WorldVision and having a real chance of leading Normandy & Picardy to triumph?

Julie: Why can't we win now? Why do we have to wait for a future Worldvision? Mind you, we probably won't win. But I can say that we don't plan to return anytime soon, although we may be an interval act for a WorldVision in Normandy and Picardy sometime in the future. For now though, let's just enjoy the party and feel the moment.

K: Yeah, we'll win instead. Last, but not least, are you gonna party tonight?

Julie: Of course! Why not? We are at the biggest party in the multiverse after all. Thanks for talking to me, Marci et Bonjasorlí.
Last edited by United Regions of Verona on Sun May 31, 2015 2:45 am, edited 9 times in total.
I iz a proud and sexi member of d Exchange of Sad Annoying Pathetic Students
My TG box is lonely, why not send me a TG?
Kourtney is the best Kardashian!
''The only sane people on this planet is me, Alfy, Hake & Theo James,'' - Myself
#yafran

Al-Balansiyya
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Balansiyya » Sat May 23, 2015 3:32 am

Pronunciation is that of Turkish alphabet

22. Muhteşem Soltanat Al-Walensalith'un
Aleksandra Denemir - Karibi (Destruction)

Language: Osman
To the tune of: Hadise - Visal

The 39th edition of the WorldVision Song Contest was fraught with anticipation, chiefly from countries preparing for the next contest, rather than the current one. Al-Balansiyya this time had gone for an internal selection, and for the first time, a song sung in the elite language of Osman was to be performed. Aleksandra Denemir managed to win the position by being married to one of the chief Viziyer's sons, and, after rigorous composition, her and her time struck a balance between modern, dark, and powerful for her song. The songs themes draw from a number of inspirations, including justice and revenge. Performed entirely in Osman, this will be the first time the language appears on the WorldVision stage, however, speakers of Turkish or Azeri will be able to follow the lyrics of the song to a certain extent.

As the music for the song begins, the stage is completely black. Bright white flashing lights then begin to light up in time with the music, revealing nothing on the stage. A frontal camera angle reveals Aleksandra as little more than a silhouette, she seems to be walking on a slim piece of steel, either side complete darkness. As the vocal part is about to begin, a single spotlight reveals Aleksandra, she is seen to be wearing this. As she puts her microphone to her lips, she looks away from the frontal camera, but then looks back, straight down it to connect with the viewers at home.

Serbestidin çok uzun (You were free too long)
Sen qalıyordun (You remain)
Cezandisiz az işların (Unpunished for your deeds)
Kayılık kimi jylan (Slithering like a serpant)
Marm karabinde (Intent on destruction)
Hesplaşma olacak benim (Revenge will be mine)

As the next part is sung, she turns away from the camera, which then goes past her. For the first time the stage is lit, form behind with bright flashing lights. We now see two humanoid figures rising from either half of the metal plank Aleksandra was previously standing on, they're covered in completely black body paint, but also appear to have a black sticky substance on their bodies. None of their features can be made out. They move slowly in time with the music, doing abstract shapes.

Çok amaqsın, çok bıfsın (You're so foolish, so stupid)
Düşünmek kazanımışin var (To think that you've won)
Ediler seviyorsun (The things you love)
Calacaklar seni gaçağa (Will burn before you)
Estiyorum, Kaybıyorsun (I am wanting, you are losing)
Didirlar bu karibiyi (They will all see this destruction)
Ocunmılıdın şikarlar (You shouldn't play games)
Zman anglamıyorsun neticalar (When you don't understand the consequences)

As the chorus ends, the stage goes dark once again. Aleksandra slowly walks to one side of the stage as the lights flashing lead her to be illuminated for only a second at a time. The camera zooms in on her face as she sings, then provide a whole stage view as Aleksandra is just a dot in the screen, before going back to her face again.

Benzcektin bir seçimi mi? (Would you like an option?)
Hörmet ya ölum (Dishonour or death)
Bende mujedarretin (On me is your destiny)
Zinilik kimi kartun bayt (Folding like a house of cards)
Çiriyorsun (You are breaking)
Ke aslan çok sata imdi (How the lion is so meek now)

She continues to look into the camera, before bending down on one knee in this position, the camera zooming into her face. She gives the camera a seductive wink, before it pans quickly away from her, and back onto the black pits where the people rise up again, performing similar motions as before. They lift the piece of metal up, so that the pit is completely open. They then proceed to intertwine their bodies and sink back into the black liquid as the camera returns to Aleksandra.

As the end of the song begins, the camera zooms into a frontal shot of Aleksandra's face, it then moves out slowly to see her whole body. She turns away from the camera and slowly descends into the pit of black liquid as she sings. As she sings the last line she looks back at the audience and the camera, gives it a wink, and then the two humanoids in the liquid put their hands around her and they all sink into it together.

Fergaleyin, ben kendim (With your demise, I myself)
Doydormuşum (Am satisfied)

The crowd cheer for Aleksandra, and she emerges from the black goo covered head to toe, so much so only her eyes are visible. She smiles, shouting "Thank you WorldVision!!" before she slowly gets out of the gooey pit with her dancers, as they prepare for the next act.
As Phoenigetuzstha
WV20: 6th (75 points)
WV21: 9th (72 points)
WV22: 4th (135 points)
WV23: 10th (76 points)
WV24: 9th (74 points)
~
As Kishrael
WV25: 8th (82 points)
WV26: 3rd (132 points)
WV27: 1st (138 points)
WV28: 1st (124 points)