NATION

PASSWORD

The Bank of Yohannes—NationStates' Oldest Bank RP

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Wed May 20, 2015 9:40 pm

[ Out of character: just to show what 'at the complete mercy' actually translate to:

I hereby declare any fictional 'shareholding' or any such fictional things to be null and void: this includes the shareholding ownership of every other players who roleplayed having 'fictional' shares of this fictional business.

until the time that Menelmacar can post a good answer and sufficient explanation as reply to my questions above.

Welcome to the true meaning of storytelling. How things changed so quickly from the so called 'good old days', eh? ]
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Menelmacar
Retired Moderator

Founded: Dec 18, 2002
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Menelmacar » Wed May 20, 2015 9:43 pm

(This is in no sense a 'competitive' RP, or intended to be one. As you've many times said that the bank is meant to be sensibly RPed as an actual business, sometimes these issues come up when actual businesses do things that turn out to be monstrous PR disasters. The sensible ones generally backpedal furiously. Headlines about this sort of thing appear every day.

Why didn't I telegram you first, though? Simply put, I didn't think to, and it honestly didn't cross my mind that there would be an obligation to telegram you first about every IC interaction or transaction, especially one this easily resolved. I apologize for that.)
Last edited by Menelmacar on Wed May 20, 2015 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The elves will do what is right, not what is on paper." ~Sunset
"We can't go around supporting The Good Of All Things. People might mistake us for Menelmacar." ~Education Minister Lobon of Kn-Yan
"Do you realize you're trying to sell resources to Menelmafuckingcar? Their resource base is larger than Melkor's ego." ~Advisor Julius Razak, Foot-to-Ass Section, Scolopendra
"I started on NS at a time when elf genocides were daily occurrences from week old nations wanting to get ortilleried by Menelmacar." ~Resurgent Dream
"Nothing here but rich-ass elves. Just...running the world. And shopping." ~Officer Daryl Ward, LAPD

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Wed May 20, 2015 9:56 pm

[ Out of character: don't play games with me.

You of all people should know me full well. I can be competitive, and I can be really up to the point if I want to. Easily. Let me make this clear for you to understand:

1. You are basically telling, nay, commanding, for me to delete all my fictional characters or fictional 'Board of Directors', and submit myself to your mix of OOC and IC pressure (of altering something as serious as who are in character wise in charge of this bank)

I see it for what it is: coup by stealth. And it can lead to many other, further consequences, the worst of what would be the possibility for you to take in character ownership of the Bank of Yohannes fictional concept.

You have once told me of a certain someone that you disliked in the past (and still do dislike up to the present day) who like to do that sort of things (competitive domination without cooperation or at the very least, telegram communication) to storytellers of certain persuasion.

Well, you are acting just like the way he treated the players you believed he mistreated back then.

You 'forgot' to telegram me? You want to pretty much take over this whole fictional concept that I have worked hard to build. That I have wanted to share with others - just like you - so that they can have fictional 'ownership of this thing.

While other storefront owners back then did not even want such things (other people owning their fictional business concept). I was the only one who were (and still are up to the present day) generous enough to let others fictionally 'own' something from my fictional nation's storyline. Left and right, I see others wanting to 'own' shares, ownerships and the likes. But they do not want to give back; to let others 'own' something of their very own fictional nation concept.

Through it all, I tried to show others that that is wrong: that you should let others have a fictional 'ownership' of your fictional story. So that you can better connect yourself with other players of this wonderful NationStates game. And at the same time, enriching your nation simulation background by connecting yourself with others through the sphere of economic and diplomacy storytelling

Well, now I have seen how my goodwill can be abused so easily. 'Forgot' to telegram? I mean, c'mon... really?

No more fictional shareholding for this fictional business concept (and other such business concept from Yohannes, unless I personally like or am close to the player in question).

As an opening poster, I also would love for you not to post further here. Thank you.

Yohannes ]
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

YellowApple
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby YellowApple » Thu May 21, 2015 12:18 am

YellowApple Department of Corporate Operations
Official Corporate Transmission

To Whom It May Concern:

After being notified of troubling expenditure commitments by the Bank
of Yohannes [1], YellowApple, Inc. has authorized a complete withdrawl
of the "Executive" monetary account currently held with the Bank of
Yohannes, the value of which is estimated to be six million, one
hundred twenty five thousand, two hundred fifteen Universal Standard
Dollars and zero cents (N$6,125,215.00) per our calculations of a
N$5,000,000 deposit with 7% interest compounded annually. While
YellowApple, Inc. has previously been a satisfied customer of the Bank
of Yohannes, we are concerned that our investment is unsound at this
time. YellowApple, Inc. would be more than happy to return as a
customer should the cited ethical and financial concerns be rectified.

Additionally, also in response to the above-cited finding,
YellowApple, Inc. notes diminished demand for the services of the Bank
of Yohannes within YellowApplan jurisdiction, which - combined with
findings by the YellowApple Department of International Relations'
Amistad Declaration Fulfillment Office - has resulted in our
authorization for the closure of all 1,000 branches of the Bank of
Yohannes currently in operation within YellowApplan jurisdiction until
the above-cited ethical and financial concerns are resolved.

We look forward to lasting (but conditional) peace and prosperity
between our nations.

Sincerely,

Corporate Representative Allen Pelaverga
YellowApple Department of Corporate Operations
Accounting and Payroll Division

[1]: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Yohannes#Sports
Last edited by YellowApple on Thu May 21, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mallorea and Riva should resign
Member of the One True Faith and Church. Join The Church of Derpy today!

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Thu May 21, 2015 12:36 am

[ Out of character: Redacted. I am sorry too for not being nicer with my reply to your original post, YellowApple. Things are back to normal again for both of us as far as I am concerned :) ]
Last edited by Yohannes on Fri May 22, 2015 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Thu May 21, 2015 1:36 am

[ Out of character: I would like to publicly apologise for the harsh words I have posted above. Perhaps, I could also think twice before posting something. I could have said things a lot nicer, but I guess I made the mistake of not thinking thoroughly before posting as well. Especially regarding the 'next lot replacing' bit, that was very harsh. And I must apologise to the player behind YellowApple for that unfair sentence

In conclusion, I will not remove my posts above (or Menelmacar and Yellowapple's posts, as I am a transparent person, who do not like to hide things. I have said harsh things, and I could have reacted a lot nicer, but I did not. And so I will keep my posts above to show that I have done my own mistakes.

Things still stand, however, unfortunately. I simply dislike the fact that secret in character information - acquired from reading a national factbook OOC wise - can be used in IC way.

and once again: to the applicants and people sending fictional letters that I have not replied yet, I would like to say sorry again, I just don't feel like storytelling this bank at the moment (hence the lack of reply for days now) :p

I will most likely not reply to your in character posts for quite a while for this fictional business storefront, as I am generally not interested with pretending/storytelling running this fictional bank for now ]

Nickel Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Corporate Bordello

Postby Nickel Empire » Thu May 28, 2015 5:56 pm

Application Form [Account Creation]
Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [x], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record: Government officials of the Nickel Empire
Official nation of origin: Nickel Empire
Type of account [tick one]:
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund [x] High Security [] Green Future [] Next Generation [] Gold Bullion []
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: 40 billion Nickels
Do you want us to invest the money nationally? No.
Do you want us to invest the money overseas? No.
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way? N/A

OOC: If this account is too big can it be split into other bank accounts?
Purple Tory with some Right-Wing Populism
"Every nation has the government it deserves." Joseph de Maistre
"First feelings are always the most natural." King Louis XIV of France
Trademark: Agent Orange Is a Protest Violent? Code: Reaganomics
"Don't tickle the Nickel." https://imgur.com/5KfGQGt

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:53 pm

The Recon Empire wrote:
To Bank of Yohannes:

Greetings! The Legion International University is a global higher education provider owned by The Legion Corporation. I am Dr Alistair Hennings, Chancellor of the Legion International University, and am writing to you today regarding a proposal to collaborate! The University operates a relatively new way of role-playing, which aims towards connecting major industry leaders to become partners of our colleges and schools within the University. The aim of our institution is to nurture the next generation, to educate and pass on to them skills that are practical in the international market. We believe in down-to-earth realistic skill sets and being global-mindedness. We want to nurture students who can create and develop new ideas and concepts to lead the industries of tomorrow. At the same time, we can promise our partners in the industry the continual surge of talented professionals to join their organizations.

The Legion International University is building its institutions worldwide at the same time and we are contacting international market experts to join us!

Our institution operates under a new education system called the Legion International Education Standards Certification Program, an official certification provided by all Legion International Universities worldwide for higher education. The program is highly regulated by the Board of the L.I. University and the Ministry of Community of the Recon Empire. With strict mandates to curriculum and student development, it offers personalized learning and efficient certification at every level from Undergraduate up to Terminal degrees.

The Bank of Yohannes is no stranger to the Legion Corporation and anyone who's had some time on the GE&T forums. As undoubtedly the most respected and prominent bankers on the market today, it truly defines Yohannes as "the Heartland of Finance and Banking". We are very interested in having you as a partner to The Kohler Institute of Economics and Business. The Kohler Institute of Economics and Business is the foundational school for every Legion University worldwide. Providing its students with core essentials to management, marketing, and other aspects of business administration and economics, the Kohler Institute of Economics and Business breeds sharp-minded entrepreneurs and market trendsetters. We sincerely hope that the Bank of Yohannes can provide this great opportunity for us to receive your organization's veteran guidance and at the same time an opportunity for our graduates to be employed at your company.

By being a partner of the University, it shows the support and recognition for our certification, and at the same time offers our students internship opportunities within your company! As the employment for GE&T businesses have not really been taken care for, this is a brilliant opportunity for us to address these RP aspects. It also provides us an opportunity for a deeper level of roleplaying in the future! Furthermore, as the Legion International University is not a single university, but is adapted into different countries all around the world, it provides a holistic and objective approach towards providing a professional and diverse employment. If you'd like, we're even happier to construct a university in your nation for your people!

Regardless, it would be a great honour to have such an esteemed partner to come on board on this mutually beneficial venture! We welcome you to visit our storefront to find out more about our organization!

As the Legion International University hopes to serve as a bridge and connecting point for different industries, at the same time we also seek your understanding in areas of improvement! We are very open to feedback on our current systems, and would be extremely grateful if you could provide us with feedback and suggestions so we can continue to grow and improve along!

With our greatest sincerity and respect, we look forward to your correspondences. Thank you very much.

Yours truly,

Dr Alistair Hennings
Chancellor
The Legion International University
The Legion Corporation

and

Dr Hugh Joplin
Dean-General
The Kohler Institute of Economics and Business
The Legion International University
The Legion Corporation

Creation of the Recon Education Investment Fund

Te Whanganui a Tara, 17 June - The Legion International University of Imperial Recon and the Bank of Yohannes have formed a friendship through mutual trust with the goal of building beneficial links and relationships between Yohannesian businesses and the burgeoning tertiary education sector of Imperial Recon.

Enveloped under the recently established eight year agreement, the Bank of Yohannes’ medium growth Recon Education Fund has helped to fund the expansion and modernisation of the Legion Commerce and Business Administration Lecture Hall, and the associated Hall of Residences of the students involved. The name of the Bank of Yohannes would not be quite the stranger to the ears of Imperial Recon’s many bright future movers and shakers.

“The latest Ixnos-Appsen survey shows that around 10 per cent of Legion commerce students use the Bank of Yohannes tertiary study checking accounts... which can save up to $100 each year”, quipped Alexander Romanos, the latest of Legion University’s fifty young graduates chosen to participate in the Bank’s 2015 Internship Programme for their strong academic focus and record.

“As a former university student myself, I know how much that extra dollar digit can make a difference every week… for the additional consumption and purchase of booz; I mean, books, are… well, expensive.”

“Surely… more can be done to subsidise the weekly, crucial, allowance and essential living arrangement of other eager, passionate undergraduate students out there?”

~Published by The Imperial Herald

Geanna
Minister

Founded: Jul 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Geanna » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:35 am

Please see the Index for your updated Grade.

Bank of Yohannes

Find Below the Grade Report and Review. Do note that this report is not the Monthly Rothward Report that depicts multiple storefronts.

Financial Banking
Bank of Yohannes
Grade 81
A

First Glance

The Bank of Yohannes is an internationally renowned, immediately recognisable hegemon of financial banking within the Global Economic Community. Most if not all major transactions, and financial withholding practises take place within this firm which holds a very long, deeply rooted history.

Everything from accounts, securities, loans, stocks and shares, investments and more are in the arsenal of this Bank, perhaps one of the most illustrious in the extreme, of financial institutions that has ever meddled in Global Economics.

Rarely do Banks have considerable access, and influence to an extent that can be felt outside of Economics, and into the day-to-day proceedings of International Politics.

The Review

There was a time when the Bank of Yohannes was hardly known, however it has tirelessly clawed its way into the minds of anyone who deals in international trade. It can be said quite easily, that when the Bank shrugs – the globe feels the tremor, an interesting analogy to depict for a firm that can arguably execute its own soft power should it see fit, and be as devastating as any standing army.

Naturally, with such great power comes responsibility, and few times have ever existed where the Bank has needed to create tsunamis in a world where the waves are constantly crashing. Rather – when administrators from the Bank of Yohannes enter a room, everyone stops and listens, they've truly garnered that much prestige.

The storefront in itself, is very complex, very organised, and very intimidating. Outside of a few glitches, such as the flashy information banners, with cyclic ads that do not fit well for many screen resolutions, the sheer construction of the page as a whole is titanic, and well deserving of one's respect.

Of course, it is loaded with nothing but information – and a lot to take in in a short read. There is an issue however, when reading – with the mountains of information – the need for better and shorter paragraphs is upfront and apparent. As wall of texts – and with the typical professional and legal jargon applied to such a titan, one can't help but feel a bit intimidated and lost.

Pictures are an amazing break-up for a storefront, and can make or break one's hard work. For the most part, the placing at the beginning is a bit haphazard but sorts itself out down the road, thought at times, can be somewhat distracting due to the sheer number of images applied.
Despite this, the reading will be the most extensive task one will conduct when visiting this storefront. Naturally, for the amount of services the Bank actually offers, there's a lot of legal and professional jargon that must be mulled over before someone accidentally digs themselves into a pit.

Though, some of the “large-word” syndrome encountered is nothing more than marketing garbble intended to to assert the Bank's position, and convince you that they are the best option in managing your financials.

In other areas however, some sections would appear to work best if this form of syndrome was restrained, and dulled to allow individuals who weren't completely savvy or well-educated in the matters of Banking and Finance, to better comprehend what was actually being said and not be met with walls of arguably condescending language.

With the intimidation factor, engaging an individual into a contract when they've not fully understood the parameters of the agreement is quite risky. Though this policy isn't exactly foreign to storefronts, and can be manipulated as a marketing trick. Naturally, people fall for it.

Though, to be fair, the Bank does make a fair point of attempting to appear humble and seem more relative to the customer by stating they “are not the best”. Which – in light, seems trivial for an additional tag following the “About Us” and merely aims to support the notion that they do think otherwise. Marketing after all.

Course if you can get passed the sporadic long strings of “long-word syndrome”, and carefully take your time to read, it does in fact make quite a bit of sense, so it isn't completely useless. However, impatient people do exist, and it's hard not to concern for those more prone to being impressionable.

Then again, that is the entire point of a storefront – to sell itself, thought we'll have to strike a few points simply because of the lengthy paragraphing.

Further on, everything else is extremely well organised, descriptions of the different types of accounts, fair and well balanced financial leveraging, and a wide plethora of services that may lead one to use the Bank of Yohannes for anything and everything. In this way, they've essentially established a financial hegemony.

Unfortunately, after some time digging through writing and glancing at the pictures – the aesthetics become quickly boring and grow one tired, if anything they seem to be there simply to keep your mind awake for a minute moment before you drift off into a slumberous retreat once more.

Now the practicality of the organisation, and the directive links are what really stands out here, and takes a large bulk of how one may view the page. Everything works, and it goes where it should – from there on, the process is mostly painless and upfront. Chiselled to perfection as some might ordain it.

Once you actually get to interact with customer service, response times are a toss of the coin. Averaging anywhere from 1.5 to 4 days, though one can't help but notice the stark professionalism when receiving a missive from the Bank.

In all – the Bank of Yohannes may not be full of expressive glamour, it isn't attractive – in fact it may be considered ugly and dull, boring, and not a first option when choosing a date if we must go by looks alone, but that does not do it justice.

Under the surface is where its real personality lies, and the actual beauty – if even not immediately obvious. Between the lines of the legal rabble, the Bank of Yohannes is exceptionally organised, practical, and one may expect nothing less than shrewd professionalism.

It is, in every right, a Titan amidst waves of competitors, and just goes to show – that sometimes looks aren't everything, and the Bank of Yohannes pulls far greater weight under the surface than it'll ever freely let on. It is the quiet, calm face of a wise man, sitting humbly in a chair out of sight, enjoying a glass of scotch to his wrinkled lip, and carefully pulling the strings of all those dancing in the room.

Last edited by Geanna on Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

"We dance on the lines of our destruction and continuation, to waltz and achieve the happiness of our existence, and to be the laughter in a world of silence."

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:03 am

Caracasus Industry and Trade
Co-signatory Caracasus International affairs
Greetings Bank of Yohannes. We have had dealings with your nation in the past, both on joint security patrols and in a trade capacity. We have found your nation to be both honorable and stable. Caracasus is a communist state, and as such we have little in the way of financial interests outside trade with fellow socialist nations, and exporting for foreign markets. We recognise, however, the importance of ensuring that we possess adequate funds that may be released relatively quickly to deal with unforeseen eventualities. At present, in spite of our powerful economy, freeing up economic resources at short notice is a legislative minefield. To rectify this, Caracasus Industry and trade would like to open an account with your bank, ensuring that we can continue to operate effectively on the international stage.

Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [X], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record: Caracasus Industry and Trade
Official nation of origin: Caracasus
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund [] High Security [] Green Future [X] Next Generation [] Gold Bullion []
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: 50% Bonds in Caracasusian Industries, 50% US$ to the value of 2 Billion
Do you want us to invest the money nationally? Yes
Do you want us to invest the money overseas? Yes
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way?

Given the requirements of Green Future, we are happy for the Bank of Yohannes to invest wisely on our behalf in ethical, green initiatives and industries

We sincerely hope that our application is accepted.

Regards,

Caracasus Industry and Trade
Caracasus International affairs
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

SCALIDIMOLDICORP
Civilian

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

SCALIDIMOLICORP™ ACCOUNT CREATION

Postby SCALIDIMOLDICORP » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:55 pm

SCALIDIMOLDICORP™ ACCOUNT
Business
Official name on record: SCALIDIMOLDICORP™
Official nation of origin: The Economic Power Of Hossefer(Now Controls Most Companies In The Great Holy Qthilic Empire, And Sports A Yearly Revenue Of 19,750,000,000,000, NS $s)
Type of account: Standard
Initial deposit : 13,500,000,000 NS $s
We Want This Money Stored In Case Of Economic Colapse
Last edited by SCALIDIMOLDICORP on Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Geanna
Minister

Founded: Jul 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Geanna » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:56 am

ROTHWARDREPORT

Below shall be found this cycle's Rothward Report indicating the best (and worst), most significant, and prestigious storefronts currently in market. The report has been compiled following the past week, from rated data and reviews from volunteers who conducted themselves accordingly, and then given their appropriate Tiers based off of this data.

Each Tier lists storefronts in order of their ratings, the best at the top of their Tier, and the worst at the bottom.

Gold Storefronts

Silver Storefronts

Bronze Storefronts

Worst Storefronts

Finally - this Month's Best Storefront, with a Platinum Certificate of Significance is Myrmidon Tactical Design for their extensive, well designed, customer friendly and hard working diligence that allowed them to climb to the very top of the ladder. The Awards and Certificates to the listed Storefronts will be distributed within the next 24 Hours. At this time - all registration for the next cycle will begin the new reviewing process until July 26th.

Last edited by Geanna on Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

"We dance on the lines of our destruction and continuation, to waltz and achieve the happiness of our existence, and to be the laughter in a world of silence."

Migli
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Account

Postby Migli » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:31 pm

Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [•], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record: miglian ministery of transportation, carlina serci
Official nation of origin: migli
Standard [•] Executive [] Cash Fund [] High Security [] Green Future [] Next Generation [] Gold Bullion []
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]:
Do you want us to invest the money nationally? No
Do you want us to invest the money overseas? No
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way?

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:58 am

[ Out of character: this is just me telling our lovely Bank of Yohannes story participants - just in case there will be current story partners who are a bit annoyed if I don't say why - that I will be off NationStates completely until my current semester's over. I love this game and I love to interact with storytelling partners of this fictional bank concept, but uni and real life social stuff must both be my primary priorities for now sadly - though it doesn't matter as I will be back to this lovely game next year!

Until then, consider ALL that you post here to be existing immediately the moment that you have posted here (also it would be lovely if you can not... post ridiculous figures for account creation or investment deals or partnership or... yeah... because when I am back I will strike off the silly ones). So if you want to claim that your fictional nation or concepts are connected with this Bank of Yohannes storyline in whatever way that may be? Feel free, but please record that relationship by posting here for future record keeping and for decorative purpose.

Thank you, and I'll see y'all January 2016! ]

forgot to say this... thank you so much for connecting your fictional nations' storylines with this Bank of Yohannes story... thank you!

Edit: Can't really avoid the allure of this game... it's too tempting for me to procrastinate [here and there] on this site... I mean, surely - we all have our own secret sins sometimes!

Replies will be slow here and there unfortunately, though -- still can't procrastinate too much here or I'll risk damaging my grade in the process ]
Last edited by Yohannes on Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Timmy City
Minister

Founded: Feb 16, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Timmy City » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:46 pm

Application Form [Branch Opening]
Nation: Timmy City
Type of government: Direct and Representative Democracy
[Optional]Economic policy: Promote Free Trade Abroad, countries are free to determine their own economic policy. We have a mixed-market economy.
[Optional]Foreign policy: We have a non- interventionist foreign policy. We only intervene when our interests are threatened.
Hurricane Matthew 2016!

Muati-Soto-A
Secretary

Founded: Nov 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Muati-Soto-A » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:19 am

To: Bank of Yohannes
Subject: banking at the isles

Application Form [Investment]
Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [], Organisation []
Amount to be invested [US$]: 45,000,000 $
Summary of how and where we should invest in your nation: Please invest at promoting our no-existant banking sector to provide revenues for our national treasury and enter cash to our nation

Application Form [Instalment Loan]
Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [x], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record: The Ministry of Devpeloment and Employment
Official nation of origin: The Fedration of Muati-soto-A
Amount to be borrowed [US$]: 650,000,000 $
Repayment plan [tick one]: <6 months [], <1-2 years [], <4-6 years, <8-10 years, 10 years+ [], Others/please explain []
What will the loan be needed for ?: The loan would be returned in 20 to 30 years because most of our current citizens are lack of income and we ask that assistance to start running an employment project which would reduce the unemployment to 5% (currently we have 60% of unemployment)

Nation: Muati-Soto-A
Type of government: Parliamentary Federal Republic
[Optional]Economic policy: our current policy is austerity in the next few years until that some degree of capital would enter to our markets and promotion of free market economy
[Optional]Foreign policy:
RP Info:
Indepenet from: Australia
Goverment System: Federal Parliamentary Republic
Ruling Coalltion: Muatian Unity Party(Ruling Party),Conservative Party(National Coalltion)
Oppostion: Nativist Party,Natives First

Western Pacific Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:24 pm

From the Desk of the Western Pacific Territories Government.
To the Bank of Yohannes, for whomever it concerns. We, the Western Pacific Territories have reviewed your webpage and have decided to allow the Bank of Yohannes to branch into our country. We allow you to build offices and banks inside our nation.
Our applications are listed below.
Nation: Western Pacific Territories.
Type of government: Constitutional Monarchy.
[Optional]Economic policy: ---
[Optional]Foreign policy: ---
Application Form [Instalment Loan]
Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [X], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record: King Franciseno I.
Official nation of origin: Western Pacific Territories.
Amount to be borrowed [US$]: $35 million.
Repayment plan [tick one]: <6 months [], <1-2 years [], <4-6 years, <8-10 years, 10 years+ [X], Others/please explain []
What will the loan be needed for [summary]? We and other foreign governments have recently decided to fund a project to build a canal through a continent which would increase trade efficiency and speed, and will greatly increase the economic quality in the region of question.

FreYhill
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby FreYhill » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:37 pm

Nation: The Commonwealth of Freyhill
Type of government: Constitutional Monarchy
[Optional]Economic policy: Free market with government help
[Optional]Foreign policy: Foreign nations are allowed to establish ties with Freyhill etc if they have not violated any policy Freyhill believes in or they have declared war against Freyhill or one of our allies.
President Emmanuel Carvallo
1st President of the Senate of Fernão (2017-2017)
Chief Whip of the Civic Union

Patricio Magrina
Nominee for Secretary of Health and Labour
Member of the Events Committee

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.51

Liberal Conservative Roman Catholic.
Member of the Liberal National Party of Queensland (LNP)
Supporter of the Coalition (Australia).

FreYhill
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby FreYhill » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:44 pm

Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [✓], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record: The Commonwealth Government of Freyhill, Department of Finance and Taxation
Official nation of origin: The Commonwealth of Freyhill
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund [] High Security [✓] Green Future [] Next Generation [] Gold Bullion []
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: $1 Trillion Freyhillian Maxibons
Do you want us to invest the money nationally? YES
Do you want us to invest the money overseas? N/A
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way? An application for a branch within Freyhill has been submitted earlier.

Patricio Magrina

Political Compass:

Voltrovia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Voltrovia » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:50 pm

Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [], Individual [x], Organisation []
Official name on record: Milian Askar Tymorren
Official nation of origin: Imperial Dominion of Voltrovia
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund [] High Security [x] Green Future [] Next Generation [] Gold Bullion []
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: $1,142,586.41
Do you want us to invest the money nationally? No. There is to be no national investment whatsoever either within Yohannes or within Voltrovia. In fact, no international transfers should be made via Voltrovia either.
Do you want us to invest the money overseas? Yes. In the Four Colonies [modern-day autonomous semi-independent trading ports, originally directly-ruled Voltrovian colonies] on the stock exchanges.
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way? Purchase $500,000 of shares in the Boreal Capital Union and $250,000 of shares in the Myen-Vonartt Pharmeceutical Corporation. Do not invest the remainder.
Last edited by Voltrovia on Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If we burn the defence papers, maybe the journalists will go away. On a private estate in the middle of the night.
In 1988. Without quite letting the residents know. Only Voltrovian protagonist kids remember.

When Sparrows Shout (And The World Goes To War)
An idea (RP; very much unfinished)

FreYhill
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby FreYhill » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:55 pm

Nation: The Commonwealth of Freyhill
Type of government: Constitutional Monarchy
[Optional]Economic policy: Free Market
[Optional]Foreign policy:

Patricio Magrina

Political Compass:

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:46 am

[ Out of character: Firstly, I would like to apologise for the copy-pasted communique/statement/letter nature of this post. I don't have time to make unique In character posts for both VMK and Bank of Yohannes, so I can only choose one, and that one would be VMK. I will alternate between the two, so the unique IC reply style [ like here ] will be done for Bank of Yohannes too whenever I feel like switching :p

Sorry if I have missed someone, I will look back at the previous five pages of posts to double check... just to be safe, so no one will complain or be mad at me aha... ]

British Hifax wrote:
To: The Bank of Yohannes

Let me introduce myself, I am the governor of the city of Princeton, the capital city of British Hifax, the city recently inaugurated its first financial center and still do not have many international companies.

We would like your bank come to our country and besides having a regional base in our city.

We already assign the building where you will be, all you have to do is fill out the application on our storefront.

Thank you very much.

12/04/The Year of our Lord
Bank of Yohannes I Parenga-Motu
Parliament Square, Te Whanganui-a-Tara
BY9 1008, Kingdom of Yohannes

Contact Us
Customer Service0800 117 7442
From Overseas+585 53381717

Re: Proposal and details
The Excellency
Elected Governor and Executive Leader
City and Council of Princetown

Your Excellency,

I understand from your letter, regarding cross border partnership and contractual relationship, that you are interested in the establishment of an agreement under the following contractual terms:

1. The Bank of Yohannes and the Council of Princetown's officially chosen bank will co-operate commercially
    2. Bank of Yohannes patrons shall be able to use Princetown's officially chosen institutional branches as they would with BoY branches and vice versa
    3. No fees or penalties shall be incurred during the above transactions except those applicable to laws and regulations of governments
    4. Twenty eight per cent of all direct financial profit coming from any subsidiaries of our corporate institution and investment group will be registered under the name of the Council of Princetown.
    5. We will abide by your corporation and business tax rate.
    6. Our branches will be established in your preferred registered locations, as discussed privately by both of our representatives in our previous fruitful negotiations.
    7. The Bank of Yohannes will be eligible to use your officially accredited institutional services and produce credit cards through these institutions within the boundary of Princetown and if possible, British Hilfax.
Once again, we thank you for your participation and for the trust you have for the Bank of Yohannes. Should there be any issues requiring further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me immediately.

Yours sincerely,
The Rt Hon Sir Matthew Alexander Gilligan
Member of His Majesty’s Privy Council
Governor of the Bank of Yohannes
Last edited by Yohannes on Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Reply to Adnesean

Postby Yohannes » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:18 pm

Adnesean wrote:Application Form [Account Creation]
Official name on record: John Barry Jackson
Official nation of origin: Adnesean
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund [X] High Security [] Green Future [] Next Generation [] Gold Bullion []
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: $525,000
Do you want us to invest the money nationally?
Do you want us to invest the money overseas?

[ Out of character information: as the account of Adnesean has ceased to exist, the in character existence of things contained in this in character post will not be activated/considered as true by me. If the player behind the account of Adnesean has decided to bring that account back, this story will be activated, and the details contained here will then be considered as existing by me ]

Contact Us

Account creation
Representative of
Mr John Jackson
Nation of Adnesean

Kia Ora! Greetings, from the Bank of Yohannes to you and your Whānau. As you have requested in your letter, you will find to be displayed below the summarised details of your numbered account:

396. John Barry Jackson
    Nation: Adnesean
    Account: Cash Fund
    Deposit: US$525,000.00
    Interest rate: 5.00% pa
As one of our many, but equally important international private banking clients, you can find the above mentioned in our list of accounts [ here ]. Equal by order of importance, 35% of your fund has been allocated to multinational enterprises having the presence of fiscally prudent as well as responsible business managing models, the existence of respect and acknowledgement for the basic principle of international trading law, as well as a noticeable and relatively stable regional position. The focus of investment target related to your fund has been:

Should there be any issues requiring further clarification not made possible through correspondence, please do not hesitate to contact me via my attached e-mail and phone, or my office. Thank you for your decision to believe in us, and for entrusting your fund with the Bank of Yohannes.

Yours sincerely,
HRH Garnet til Alexandros
Non-voting Member of the Board
Your Truly Multi-regional Bank

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Reply to Esalonia

Postby Yohannes » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:48 pm

Esalonia wrote:Application Form [Branch Opening]
Nation: United Commonwealth of Esalonia
Type of government: Representative Democracy
[Optional]Economic policy: Free market, with protection of local industry
[Optional]Foreign policy: The upholding of democracy and basic human rights.

Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [/], Organisation []
Amount to be invested [US$]: $750 billion (somewhere about 2-4% interest please)
Summary of how and where we should invest in your nation: Emphasis on environmental maintenance tells us to need investments on the Department of the Environment and Natural Resources.

[ Out of character information: Oh man gotta love the typical lazy copypasted communique style of post... feelssodirtynow :p

also one year late (or is it even more...) wow gotta be a record >.> ]

14/04/The Year of our Lord

Contact Us

Re: Branch establishment
The Rt Hon First/Head Minister
Executive Branch or Cabinet of
Commonwealth of Esalonia

Your Honoured Sir/Madam,

I understand from your letter, regarding cross border partnership and contractual relationship, that you are interested in the establishment of an agreement under the following contractual terms:

1. The Bank of Yohannes and the Commonwealth of Esalonia's officially chosen bank(s) will co-operate commercially
    2. Bank of Yohannes patrons shall be able to use the Government of Esalonia's officially chosen institutional branches as they would with BoY branches and vice versa
    3. No fees or penalties shall be incurred during the above transactions except those applicable to laws and regulations of both governments
    4. Twenty eight per cent of all direct financial profit coming from any subsidiaries of our corporate institution and investment group will be registered under the name of the Government of Esalonia.
    5. We will abide by your corporation and business tax rate.
    6. Our branches will be established in your preferred registered locations, as discussed privately by both of our representatives in our previous fruitful negotiations.
    7. The Bank of Yohannes will be eligible to use your officially accredited institutional services and produce credit cards through these institutions within the boundary of the Commonwealth.
Once again, we thank you for your participation and for the trust you have for the Bank of Yohannes. Should there be any issues requiring further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me immediately.

Yours sincerely,
The Rt Hon Sir Matthew Alexander Gilligan
Member of His Majesty’s Privy Council
Governor of the Bank of Yohannes

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:45 pm

REPUBLIC OF TEKERISTAN
Official Statement of the Republic of Tekeristan

To: Bank of Yohannes, Finance & Banking
Subject: Republic of Tekeristan applications.

With a growing world wide market in the fields of technology, tourism, and various raw and refined goods the Republic of Tekeristan wishes to take steps to further increase its presence in the world market. With increasing consumer demand at home and abroad, accessing the world market place and economy is not only appealing; but necessary.

Which one you are [tick one]? Government [X]
Official name on record: ROT-MOC-FB&I
Official nation of origin: Republic of Tekeristan
Type of account [tick one]: Cash Fund [X]
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: 2,000,950,000 Kurrós
Do you want us to invest the money nationally? Yes
Do you want us to invest the money overseas? Yes
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way? Investments of wealth can be made through the purchase of stocks and investments. Investment nationally is supported, potentially in the growing technology and tourism industry.

Nation: Republic of Tekeristan
Type of government: Republic, Democratic Socialists.
[Optional]Economic policy: Highly regulated, private enterprise allowed and supported. State-government companies/organizations common. Growing privatization.
[Optional]Foreign policy: Remain peaceful and actively prevent/avoid conflicts, humanitarian aid and volunteers for peacekeeping operations.

Which one you are [tick one]? Government [X]
Amount to be invested [US$]: 500,000,000 - 2,000,000,000
Summary of how and where we should invest in your nation: Investments can be made through the purchase of goods, services, assets, investments, and donations. Area of investments are not restricted. However, the nation's wonderful national parks, booming tourist industry, and growing tech industry industry seek investment. Increasing large government and support however, as of late, has been going towards the 'green energy' market in the areas of solar panels and off-shore wind energy.

Approved by the Ministry of Commerce

OOC: First time stepping into this sort of stuff..
Last edited by Tekeristan on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade