NATION

PASSWORD

Nation is changing without me doing anything?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Mousebumples
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 8638
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Mousebumples » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:55 pm

Creatle wrote:hmmm, this isn't a problem or anything but it does concern me. I have realised though that when I do my issues they are implemented in my nation around noon? im probably missing something and im just stupid but I thought it was suppose to take 24 hours for the legislation to be approved?

Issues are processed with each update - so about 12 hours apart. It should take no longer than 12 hours for issues you answer to be processed.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

User avatar
Creatle
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1022
Founded: Mar 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:58 pm

ok thanks, although it still bugs me, ive tested again by clicking dismiss issue and when It processes it tends to choose the first choice in the issue when I click dismiss, so for example it ends up saying "post men are constantly seen being arrested for using junk mail for home instaliation" I clicked dismiss for that? dunno, but I don't want it to do that.
Research Officer of the NCSA, I make polls, you will respect my authority!

I am a line-art designer who specializes in MS Paint with pixel art for Military ground and naval designs. If you would like me to help you with line-art design please TG me!

User avatar
Enfaru
Minister
 
Posts: 2921
Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:08 pm

Creatle wrote:ok thanks, although it still bugs me, ive tested again by clicking dismiss issue and when It processes it tends to choose the first choice in the issue when I click dismiss, so for example it ends up saying "post men are constantly seen being arrested for using junk mail for home instaliation" I clicked dismiss for that? dunno, but I don't want it to do that.


If you click the dismiss button no option is selected. The system completely ignores it.

You can check whether you have dismissed an issue by checking the Dilemmas page. This will tell you whether it is "Awaiting legislation / Legislation pending / Dismissed".

The next issue you test do the following.

Go to the Dilemmas page. Screen shot
Select the issue. Screen shot.
Select the dismiss button. Screen shot,
Go to the dilemmas page (for the second time). Screen shot (the issue should say Dismissed rather than awaiting legislation now, if not you've done something wrong).
Go to trend line. Screen shot.
Wait for update.
Screenshot happenings and trend line.

Post all here. Lets get some definitive proof. Luna or one of the issues editors will be able to tell whether you are correctly dismissing issues or not but hey there might just might be a bug.
Sovereign Charter Quick Links
Factbook · Role-plays · RMB · Map (Origin | Quantum) · Chat · Members: 73
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
Founder of the Sovereign Charter,
4th President and,
Tutor of the College of Theatrics

User avatar
Creatle
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1022
Founded: Mar 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:15 pm

I don't appreciate you disrespecting me. I have a problem and I am trying to sought it out. If you pester people on the forums they will report you and you will most likely be banned from them, so I suggest you stop and stop acting like a immature, lonely guy who has nothing better to do with his life then troll.
Research Officer of the NCSA, I make polls, you will respect my authority!

I am a line-art designer who specializes in MS Paint with pixel art for Military ground and naval designs. If you would like me to help you with line-art design please TG me!

User avatar
Luna Amore
Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 17038
Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:42 pm

Creatle wrote:hmmm, this isn't a problem or anything but it does concern me. I have realised though that when I do my issues they are implemented in my nation around noon? im probably missing something and im just stupid but I thought it was suppose to take 24 hours for the legislation to be approved?

There are two updates Major 12am/Minor 12pm EST.

*edit* didn't see this had a second page, whoops
Last edited by Luna Amore on Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The reason I want you to get better at chess isn't for you, isn't so you're proud of yourself, and your friends are proud of you, and you did something with your life. It's so you can understand better how bad f4 is." - Ben Finegold

User avatar
Creatle
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1022
Founded: Mar 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:48 pm

ok, also I don't appreciate bigdummy disrespecting him and I would appreciate it if you could talk to him about it.
Research Officer of the NCSA, I make polls, you will respect my authority!

I am a line-art designer who specializes in MS Paint with pixel art for Military ground and naval designs. If you would like me to help you with line-art design please TG me!

User avatar
Reploid Productions
Director of Moderation
 
Posts: 32373
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Reploid Productions » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:09 pm

Quick note for future reference, Creatle. There is no rule that says other players have to respect you. Mere disrespect is NOT against the rules. What IS against the rules is flaming, which is what I'm warning YouBigDummy1269 for.

YouBigDummy1269 wrote:This guy's either nuts or wants attention. :P
Don't worry, everyone gets lonely every one in a while.
:3 Kitty face.

*** WARNED for flamebait and spamming. *** Looking over your forum posting style, I would strongly encourage you to review the site rules and quickly, because carrying on in this manner is a good way to find yourself on the business end of a banhammer.

Image
~Evil Forum Empress Rep Prod the Ninja Mod
~She who wields the Banhammer; master of the mighty moderation no-dachi Kiritateru Teikoku
‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎     ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎     ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎     ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎          
     ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎     ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎     ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎     
She/Her
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003 -- Nation turned 20 on March 23, 2023!
Sunset's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such.
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2026! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

User avatar
Creatle
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1022
Founded: Mar 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:38 pm

same thing technically
Research Officer of the NCSA, I make polls, you will respect my authority!

I am a line-art designer who specializes in MS Paint with pixel art for Military ground and naval designs. If you would like me to help you with line-art design please TG me!

User avatar
Creatle
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1022
Founded: Mar 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:57 pm

can I ask, on the forums when you look at other peoples names under it it has like spokesperson and stuff, you know what I mean? can you explain.
Research Officer of the NCSA, I make polls, you will respect my authority!

I am a line-art designer who specializes in MS Paint with pixel art for Military ground and naval designs. If you would like me to help you with line-art design please TG me!

User avatar
Phydios
Minister
 
Posts: 2687
Founded: Dec 06, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Phydios » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:14 pm

Creatle wrote:can I ask, on the forums when you look at other peoples names under it it has like spokesperson and stuff, you know what I mean? can you explain.

Those are the forum ranks. They depend on your number of posts.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

User avatar
Enfaru
Minister
 
Posts: 2921
Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:28 am

Phydios wrote:
Creatle wrote:can I ask, on the forums when you look at other peoples names under it it has like spokesperson and stuff, you know what I mean? can you explain.

Those are the forum ranks. They depend on your number of posts.


There are a couple of purchasable ranks like Postmaster General I believe. Visit the store :).
Sovereign Charter Quick Links
Factbook · Role-plays · RMB · Map (Origin | Quantum) · Chat · Members: 73
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
Founder of the Sovereign Charter,
4th President and,
Tutor of the College of Theatrics

User avatar
Kaboomlandia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7356
Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:31 am

Enfaru wrote:
Phydios wrote:Those are the forum ranks. They depend on your number of posts.


There are a couple of purchasable ranks like Postmaster General I believe. Visit the store :).

As far as I know, the other ones are:
- Mod banners
- The Muse of the Westcoutnry (only given to Charlotte Rydberg)
- Cute Purple Dinosaur (only given to Pythagosaurus)
- Kirby Delauter (only given to Kirby Delauter)
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

User avatar
Luna Amore
Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 17038
Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:42 am

Enfaru wrote:
Phydios wrote:Those are the forum ranks. They depend on your number of posts.


There are a couple of purchasable ranks like Postmaster General I believe. Visit the store :).

There are no purchasable forum ranks.

Viinborg wrote:Junior ranks
0-1 Civilian
2-5 Political Columnist
6-10 Civil Servant
11-25 Lobbyist
26-40 Secretary
41-65 Bureaucrat
66-99 Attaché

Senior ranks
100-200 Spokesperson
201-350 Envoy
351-500 Chargé d'Affaires
501-1000 Diplomat

Establishment ranks
1001-2000 Ambassador
2001-3500 Minister
3501-5000 Senator
5001-7500 Negotiator
7501-10000 Powerbroker

Supremo ranks
10001-15000 Postmaster-General
15001-20000 Post Marshal
20001-30000 Postmaster of the Fleet
30001-50000 Post Czar
50001-70000 Khan of Spam
70001+ Post Kaiser

Special ranks
The Muse of the Westcountry*

Mentors
II Roleplay Mentor

Editors
Issues Editor
Issues Tech

Moderators
Game Moderator
Senior Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Senior Moderators
Senior Game Moderator
Forum Admin

Administrators
Site Admin
Cute Purple Dinosaur**
Game Admin

-------------
* Only awarded to Charlotte Ryberg.
** Only awarded to Pythagosaurus.

100,000+ is probably Post Overlord though Nan is the only one at that rank.
"The reason I want you to get better at chess isn't for you, isn't so you're proud of yourself, and your friends are proud of you, and you did something with your life. It's so you can understand better how bad f4 is." - Ben Finegold

User avatar
Enfaru
Minister
 
Posts: 2921
Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:57 am

But I thought that the whole point of it being called Postmaster-General was that you got that rank! That's misleading ¬_¬
Sovereign Charter Quick Links
Factbook · Role-plays · RMB · Map (Origin | Quantum) · Chat · Members: 73
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
Founder of the Sovereign Charter,
4th President and,
Tutor of the College of Theatrics

User avatar
Creatle
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1022
Founded: Mar 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:22 pm

Hmmm, is there a list I can read? Is there a forum that has a list? if theres not should I/you create one?

probs would be helpful for other people
Research Officer of the NCSA, I make polls, you will respect my authority!

I am a line-art designer who specializes in MS Paint with pixel art for Military ground and naval designs. If you would like me to help you with line-art design please TG me!

User avatar
Luna Amore
Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 17038
Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:24 pm

Creatle wrote:Hmmm, is there a list I can read? Is there a forum that has a list? if theres not should I/you create one?

probs would be helpful for other people

I quoted the forum ranks 2 posts up.
"The reason I want you to get better at chess isn't for you, isn't so you're proud of yourself, and your friends are proud of you, and you did something with your life. It's so you can understand better how bad f4 is." - Ben Finegold

User avatar
Creatle
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1022
Founded: Mar 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:48 pm

oh I missed that, thanks
Research Officer of the NCSA, I make polls, you will respect my authority!

I am a line-art designer who specializes in MS Paint with pixel art for Military ground and naval designs. If you would like me to help you with line-art design please TG me!

User avatar
Creatle
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1022
Founded: Mar 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:50 pm

hmmm, isn't there a rank for Max Barry?, like super awesome game creator who has made the internet fun guy rank? no that would be ridiculous
Research Officer of the NCSA, I make polls, you will respect my authority!

I am a line-art designer who specializes in MS Paint with pixel art for Military ground and naval designs. If you would like me to help you with line-art design please TG me!

User avatar
Creatle
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1022
Founded: Mar 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:51 pm

Awesome Author! there is a good rank for him idk
Research Officer of the NCSA, I make polls, you will respect my authority!

I am a line-art designer who specializes in MS Paint with pixel art for Military ground and naval designs. If you would like me to help you with line-art design please TG me!

User avatar
The Forsworn Knights
Minister
 
Posts: 3138
Founded: Aug 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Forsworn Knights » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:59 pm

Creatle wrote:Awesome Author! there is a good rank for him idk

Max does not really play NS anymore, the admins and mods pretty much lord over the game with him checking in on april 1st now and then.
Primary Author of The Forum Seven Guide to Location Threads
Reploid Productions wrote:It's rude to play with yourself in public.
Farnhamia wrote:
The Forsworn Knights wrote:Well, I assume Max Barry has money. So maybe he could buy a couple reporters.

He could but they don't keep for very long. A week, ten days if you keep them in the fridge, which is never convenient.
Reploid Productions wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.

User avatar
Creatle
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1022
Founded: Mar 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:23 pm

he must have felt great pride when he received a threat letter from the United Nations :D :rofl: :bow:
Research Officer of the NCSA, I make polls, you will respect my authority!

I am a line-art designer who specializes in MS Paint with pixel art for Military ground and naval designs. If you would like me to help you with line-art design please TG me!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Krusavich, Sweeze

Advertisement

Remove ads