NATION

PASSWORD

The Season Turns (Telegram for Entry please)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vyrsar
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vyrsar » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:10 pm

[BÜRO-IDENTIFIZIERUNG ZENSIERT]

To: Empress Sophia Dakmaran, Empress of the Empire of Ghant
From: [Abgefaßt] - [Foreign Ministry of the United Republic of Vyrsar]
Subject: N/A
Encryption: In hohem Grade vertraulich - nur Augen [Eyes Only]

Empress,

It has been deemed important enough to inform you of the growing support for your position within the recent situation that has arisen within your country. It is no state secret that Albert Gentry is no friend of the Vyrsarian nation, nor are many of the lords who follow him. In fact, he has been more or less unofficially condemned by the Vyrsarian government. As of right now, should you require it, the Kaiserin herself has extended the offer of asylum and protection within Vyrsar under the House of Vandenberg. Remember that this offer has no true meaning diplomatically, as the House of Vandenberg and the royalty as an entity is not legally representative of the Vyrsarian government, and as such, should you choose to take asylum, it will not be considered Political Asylum under the protection of the Vyrsarian United Republic.

Regarding Albert Gentry and his followers, the Chancellor has opted for a policy of containment as of the writing of this message. By containment, the policy means that any fighting will be kept within Ghant, by force if necessary. She has also pledged that, should Albert Gentry or any of the Lords under his guidance make any actions threaten or make any threats towards Vyrsar, then appropriate retribution will be applied with no quarter given. There will be no tolerance or leniency towards that which threaten the Vyrsarian people and their allies.

Regarding the Ghantish elected government- the Adenauer Administration and the Vyrsarian government trust that the Ghantish elected government will take any and all measures towards the immediate and direct actions of stopping conflict both within Ghant, and the inciting of conflict elsewhere by Ghantish citizens. However, it must be warned that, in the event the Ghantish government fails in this task in a manner that threatens Vyrsar, then the Vyrsarian government will proceed to no longer regard the Ghantish government as being in control of the nation, and therefore will act and adjust policy accordingly.

Grüße,

V[Abgefaßt] A[Abgefaßt]

To: The Office of Ambassador Cynthia Hayes, Ambassador to Vyrsar
From: Office of Vanessa Adler, Federal Secretary of Foreign Affairs of the Vyrsarian United Republic
Subject: RE: RE: RE: New Edom
Encryption: Mäßig

A video conference will suffice. I have attached a copy of a list of times which the Chancellor has free in her schedule for today and tomorrow. Get back to me on this so that I may confirm it with the Chancellor and her staff beforehand. I'm sure she would still appreciate a personal visit as well, so if you can look into that it would be appreciated.

The Chancellor's primary concerns with a conflict within Ghant is to contain it within Ghant. As of right now, there is debate on whether or not to consider the elected government in control of the nation anymore as a matter of policy as, clearly, there are other elements within Ghant that can and will act independently of the government. To take action on these forces would mean to indirectly take action on the elected government and other forces unaligned with identified hostile elements. You can understand why this would cause an issue in attempting to enforce any sort of policy on the hostile elements. Nonetheless, the fact of the matter remains that Ghant and Northern Acheron are being prioritised above New Edom and Southern Acheron in this event.

Grüße,

Vanessa Adler
Secretary of Foreign Affairs
Last edited by Vyrsar on Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who 'abjure' violence can do so only because others are committing violence on their behalf."
-ESL
-This Nation does not represent my IRL views

Under New Management Since July 2014

Shalum
Minister

Founded: Oct 07, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Shalum » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:31 pm

Ghadsacan Estate, Concordia
Maldoria Province, Southwestern Shalum

"Valak, my friend, welcome to my home! It has been far too long since we saw each other last!" Count Rapor Ghadsacan called out as he traipsed down the front steps of his home, nicotine stained teeth gleaming in the sunlight. He was not what would one would consider an attractive or even decent looking man, as he stood at only five-foot-six on a good day, with a stomach that strained the belt of his suit pants, and brown hair that was receding much faster than he was aging. At one time, he had been the son of an influential count and a soldier quickly making his way up through the ranks of the provincial military. But these days, however, he was little more than a shadow of his former self. He had traded soldiering for a politicking, and wielded a good amount of power--in the province Maldoria anyways.

In contrast, Governor Valak N'dair, the friend in question, was much more well kept than his friend. He stood at a more normal five-foot-eleven, with a build that you could have expected of an athlete, lean and mean as he had been told. His skin was a light olive color, his eyes an odd shade of hazel, and his hair brown was neatly coiffed. His appearance was a dapper one, nothing about his suit out of place. He had to look this professional all the time, of course, since he was the governor of the province after all. At one time, when he was on younger legs, he had served with Rapor in the provincial military as well. They were both of noble birth as well, and had gone to the same school.

The governor smiled down at Rapor and offered his hand for a shake. "It is good to see you again, my friend, how long has it been, three or four months?" He asked as he shook the count's hand. It took a lot for Valak to not pull his hand back, since Rapor's hand was uncomfortably greasy. Not wanting to be rude, he couldn't even wipe his hand off on his suit's pants.

Rapor shrugged and motioned for Valak to follow him as he turned on his heels and began to walk back toward the entrance to his house. "Sounds about right." He shrugged as he walked, the governor only a few steps behind him and to his right. As they got closer to the door, two servants appeared, heads downcast and one of them opened the door for the two men. "I am glad you managed to make it. We have some things that I wanted to talk to you about, in fact." Rapor continued as they stepped into the estate. Some may have found it odd to start off a meeting among friends with business, but they were blunt people, pleasure often second to work. "Ah yes, I don't know if you two have met yet. Valak, this is my beautiful wife, Ghakira. We got married since you last visited." Rapor said with a grin, motioning toward a woman in an expensive looking dress who had, apparently, been waiting for them.

The woman in question was rather Maldorian in appearance, only an inch or so above five-foot herself, and rather attractive, not to mention much younger than Rapor, who was in his late forties. She was thin, but not in an unattractive way, with wide hips and a small bosom. Her long raven hair cascaded past her shoulders and down to her mid-back area. The smile that she gave them was superficial at best, it clear that she wasn't quite comfortable as Rapor walked up and placed a kiss on her lips, his hands running down her body, the man apparently not caring what Valak saw. "It is nice to finally meet you, Lord N'dair, my husband has said many good things about you." She said, looking up at Valak.

"A pleasure, ma'am." Valak replied with a small bow, before glancing at his friend, who had yet to remove his arm from her waist.

After a moment, Rapor released her. "Come on, you two can speak more later, let's head out on the patio. Its more private there." The short man said. He briefly paused to whisper into Ghakira's ear. Whatever he said was enough to make her smile falter for a moment, before she quickly nodded and went off to another part of the house. "She's a good girl, barely eighteen. I arranged the marriage a while back, finally got to cash in." Rapor laughed heartily, apparently rather proud of himself, as he led the governor through the house and onto the back patio. The scene before them was a peaceful one, the rolling hills and mountains that Maldoria that was known for having on full display for the two men to see. "Take a seat my friend." Rapor said as he motioned toward the table that was before them. The two sat down, the chairs making scraping sounds against the wooden deck as they pulled their chairs out.

A few moments later, an attractive young woman appeared, wearing a smile as she stood beside them. "Milords, is there anything I could get you two?" She asked politely, with the inclination of the head.

"A rum and coke for me." Rapor replied. "And you, my friend?" He asked, glancing at Valak.

"The same is fine, thank you." He smiled up at her, crossing one leg over the other, and interlacing his finger as he rested his elbows on the table. Once she had walked away, he glanced over at Rapor. "So, what is so important that you wanted to speak with me right away?" He asked curiously, hazel eyes locked on Rapor's own orbs.

"Alright, I am sure that you heard about everything going down in New Edom, right?" He asked, earning only a solemn nod in reply. "Well, from what my contacts in Aragon have told me, the great nation that is Shalum," he said with distaste lacing his tone, "is going to be staying out of things for now, possibly until the dust settles and a new leader emerges from the chaos."

The governor shrugged and replied. "I am not surprised to hear that, really. From what I've been told, there's a number of Mara-sympathizers in the Conclave, I really don't know why though. I suppose her support comes from the belief that she's the real leader, regardless of her mental state. That and she has a nice body." He joked as he grinned ever so slightly.

Rapor laughed, a hearty sound, but didn't reply right away as he waited for the servant to hand them their drinks. "That she does. She certainly makes watching the news a lot more fun, that is for certain." He replied as he sipped on his drink. "Anyways, looks aside, there has been talk behind close doors. There are people out there who would rather see her young sister, and acting head of state, Princess Jocasta Obed, take over more permanently. Some rather...high ranking people, maybe even a few from this province." He said hintingly, shooting the governor a quick wink.

Valak blinked, wondering where Rapor was taking this. He sipped on his drink and regraded his friend levelly. "I see." He paused. "Go on, please, I'm wondering where you're taking this."

"Alright. Well, some of these people want to see Shalum openly support her, but alas that isn't possible with our current leadership." He said with a shake of the head. It was clear that he wasn't fond of the Imperator, or his government, an opinion that was only expressed in private. "And they've talked to both me and other Maldorian leaders. They would like us to do something. Send her support, make it clear that not all of Shalum is going to sit on the sidelines." He replied.

Valak blinked, not quite sure what to make of that information. "I see. And do tell me, how does this involve me, exactly?" He asked curiously.

Rapor shrugged. "For the moment, it really doesn't, however it could down the road. You're aware of all the Maldorian independence movements, right?" He asked rhetorically. If there was one thing all Maldorians knew about, it was their people's struggles to shrug off the chains of that the rest of Shalum provided.

"Yes, and I'm aware of all the times we've been beaten down whenever we rise up." Valak replied in a dry tone.

"Exactly. Every time we try to stand up for ourselves, an Imperator shoves the goddamn Shalumite army or an intelligence group down our throats, and then its back to square one." Rapor replied bitterly. "But think about it. We support Jocasta, and she takes over. Maybe, just maybe, we could get Edomite support in the future one day with her help. Show that us Maldorians can stand up for ourselves, and be a real nation."

"Sounds iffy to me, to be honest. It could backfire on us as well." Governor Valak pointed out as he sipped on his drink. "From what I am hearing, you want to use this as a starting off point for something bigger, maybe our own revolution."

Rapor shrugged. "Possibly, we'll see." He replied. "I've already spoken to the leaders in the Maldorian Provincial Army and the Maldorian Liberation front. They've promised to me that they would lend support if Jocasta would take it. And right about now." He paused to look down at his watch. "There should be a new shipment from Wolf Armaments going...missing on a mountain road. A shipment of enough gear to equip a sizable force."

"So, regardless of what I say, you're going to send her help?" Valak queried.

"Pretty much. I've got plenty of resources at my disposal, and I would love to see Jocasta up on the throne, among other things." He laughed and downed more of his drink. "Anyways my friend, I just thought you should know that we plan to do something to help her and her claim. If this goes the way we want, and we can get some power out of this, you might just end up with a sweet deal for yourself. Maybe even the leader of the 'New Maldoria' or something. Lord knows I can't lead for shit." Rapor smirked.

Valak sighed and rolled his eyes. "I'll believe it when I see it my friend. Heed my words though. Whatever you do, be careful."

To: Crown Princess Jocasta Obed of New Edom
Encryption: High

Your Highness,

In recent days, I have learned of the things that have gone on in New Edom, especially in the city of Fineberg, where I have been told that you were possibly in danger at one point. I hope that everything now is well with you and those close to you. It greatly saddens me to hear that your subjects do not fully appreciate your divine right to rule, which has been issued by the Heavens themselves.

After speaking with my lordly peers, the great Lord Albert included, we have come to the decision in Maldoria that we fully recognize you as the rightful ruler of New Edom. Not only do we recognize you, and the government that you appointed, but we would be willing to provide you with help, especially on the ground, if you would accept it. At the moment, we do have military assets that we could easily provide to you in order to secure your position, should you request such from us. Only say the word, your Highness, and I promise you that we will send what we can.

Thank you for reading this letter, your highness. This line of communication is always open, should you ever want to contact me. I look forward to possibly hearing from you in the coming days. Godspeed Crown Princess.

It is my honor to be,
Count Rapor Ghadsacan of Maldoria
Conscription is the vitality of a nation, the purification of its morality, and the real foundations of all its habits.

It is better to be a warrior in a garden then to be a gardener in a war.

Allamunnic States
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 28, 2011

Postby Allamunnic States » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:06 pm

The Despot's Palace, Roan, Ainslynd

The screen went from blue to white as the connection was established, and after a moment of buffering, the camera flipped on, showing Anna Haraldsunn's face in a room in the Allamunnic embassy in Fineburg. Standing next to her was Gaarutt Kaerruk, but they were otherwise alone in the conference room they had commandeered. Anna adjusted what looked like a microphone before speaking.

"Hello? Can you see and hear us?" she asked, waving. Seated at a table with several others in front of the screen, with another camera pointing at them, Stevan Grimmeburger gave her a thumbs up and a nod. Anna looked around, seeing who else was present in the conference room they were video-calling into. It was a plain, but well-made room, with lots of expensive, old wood furnishings and block masonry walls, with paintings adorning them; it looked for all the world like a Renaissance palace, or a castle of the same period.

In the middle was the General himself, flanked on one side by Minister of Defense Andrik Daanylsunn, and on the other by the director of the Federal Department of Intelligence (FDI), Abygael Jurgunlunn, a very composed blonde woman of average height and build, pretty but not a head-turner, with thin, wire-framed glasses and hazel eyes. She was in a charcoal suit, contrasting with Grimmeburger's casual (black-and-gray flannel shirt and jeans) and Daanylsunn's formal (a buttoned down Federal Army uniform with special insignia) attire.

On Jurgunlunn's left was Junn Durkheim, a former general and the current Minister of Internal Security. Durkheim, with his chiseled jaw, sleeked-back black hair, icy blue eyes, and slender build, all wrapped by a dark, tailored suit, looked the epitome of the suave politician more than a policeman. Haraldsunn's few interactions with him had not been ones she had enjoyed, and based on Jurgunlunn's expression while sitting next to him, it was not an uncommon experience. To Daanylsunn's right was Minister of Foreign Affairs Jordynn Graagursunn.

Anna nodded back to Grimmeburger. "Alright. I was able to get in contact with a couple of my sources. On the first matter you asked us to investigate, it does seem the End Times Church is planning something. I got word not too long ago that ETC-affiliated militias in Fineburg were stirring up trouble. One source said that they were saying government troops had attacked protesters, but other reports said that that was... only partially true, at best. And reports are trickling in from elsewhere about ETC members trying to shut down facilities, demanding solidarity from other groups." She shook her head. "The precise nature of what they are trying to do remains unclear, but there are definitely ETC elements doing something, and I suspect it's something we'd rather they not be doing."

There were nods and looks of concern from the assembled leaders. Daanylsunn was the first to speak up, standing up and clearing his throat before speaking. "Miss Haraldsunn, in your opinion, is there anything that could be accomplished by the dispatch of additional personnel to the area?" He straightened his uniform in something of a nervous tic before sitting down, awaiting an answer.

"At the moment, I don't think so. Beyond the fact that you would need the approval of the Edomite government, obviously, we wouldn't have a clear objective, and the presence of foreign, especially Allamunnic boots on the ground would likely only make tensions worse. The last thing we need in Edom right now are large bodies of foreigners; the populace is already antsy enough without giving them something else to be upset about." Anna adjusted her posture and position to a more comfortable one, leaning further back in the seat she had taken. Kaerruk was sitting further back, listening but not speaking.

"Now, something else that is of concern is the fact that what appeared to be Shalumite marines evacuated the Royal Family during the protests, when a particularly enthusiastic group approached the palace," she said. "I'm not sure where exactly they have been evacuated to, but I would hazard a guess that it's probably a nearby Shalumite base. Either it was prompted by a lack of confidence by the Monarchist government in the loyalty or ability of their guards, or some other factors may be at work. That said, given that some of the Heir's appointments appear to be what sparked the protests, it does not seem like too much of a leap to say that the Monarchy's hold on power is not as secure as they would like," she concluded.

"Thank you, Miss Haraldsunn. Is that all?" Grimmeburger asked, leaning back in his chair, hands folded in front of him, gaze level. Haraldsunn shook her head, looking worried. "Please explain then, if you would." Anna nodded. No matter that Grimmeburger had actually asked nicely (well, at least what passed for nicely from the man), there was no question that it was an order.

"Two things. First off, as other intelligence assets may have already informed you, there is something of a, ah, dynastic crisis at work. While Queen Mara is still legally head of state, there is more and more reason to think that the Heir, Jocasta Obed, is now ruling in her own right more than in the Queen's. This has heated into a rather significant dispute as to which government is the legitimate one: the Queen's government, headed by Prince Admiral Elijah Shalamanser, or the one appointed by Princess Jocasta. It seems to have come to a head over the last day or two, as forces loyal to the Heir, under General Unwerth, approached the city. The Queen agreed to a truce with the Heir with the proviso that those loyal to the old government would be permitted to leave the capital unmolested.

"That said, the whole incident has led to some very unflattering things said about the Heir, in summation that she is acting like a child, which, if I may add my professional opinion, she is. Editorials and others have been using words like "temper tantrum," to describe the fact that she has ordered the use of military force against her own capital, as well as being possibly responsible for the particularly notable use of force by security forces against peaceful protesters outside Betharan Palace. There is a truce set for... five days?" Anna looked back to Kaerruk for confirmation, receiving it in the form of a nod. "Five days. In order for the funerals of the late President and cabinet to be held."

Grimmeburger had listened more or less impassively through the entire briefing, although those who knew the man well enough would realize that his irritation at the whole situation had been building steadily. The General nodded in acknowledgement before speaking. "Thank you. This is very good work. Is that everything, Agent Haraldsunn?" This time, Anna nodded. "Excellent. Keep an ear to the ground, find out what you can. We need as much information as we can get as we try to react to unfolding events." Anna nodded again, and Kaerruk stood up and moved to turn off the camera. "Thank you. Over and out." The screen went black, and Grimmeburger looked at the others in the room as he stood up, walking around to the other side of the table, chair in tow. He set it down and he dropped back into it, still looking at ease in location, although his irritation at the situation was now quite apparent.

"Well this is a fine shitstorm unfolding," he pronounced to the room. "Damned Edomites can't do chaos and disorder by halves, can they?" he asked rhetorically, shaking his head, a smile that looked more like clenched teeth than anything affixed to his face. "Sometimes I wish we could just tell the lot of 'em to sod off, but unfortunately, if things go to shit there, there's a decent chance of it sparking something that'll take the rest of the region with it. And as we saw with the earlier reports, it's causing internal rifts in Ghant, and that is right in our fucking backyard. So I think it's clear that we cannot afford to simply do nothing and watch," he continued. "But the question is, what do we do, then?" He looked around the room to the ministers with him.

Jordynn Graagursunn was the first to speak up. Grimmeburger was not surprised. The entire reason he had even named the woman, who he did not personally know prior to his assumption of power, to the post of Minister of Foreign Affairs was because in addition to her diplomatic experience, she had a penchant for speaking her mind. She was not intimidated by authority, and Grimmeburger found that both useful and refreshing.

"As you said, we can't very well afford to do nothing. If New Edom falls into civil war or chaos of some other nature, it could spark off a wider regional conflict. But do we really want to risk Allamunnic lives, or our resources on trying to actually lend material support to one faction or another?" Graagursunn leaned back in her chair, "To me, this comes down to figuring out which of these groups has the best chance to actually maintain order on New Edom, whether by force or by consensus-building. A stable Edomite state is in this nation's best interests. My personal opinion is that we need to be ready to spend resources, and possibly send support in personnel or material to New Edom to ensure that Allamunnic interests are protected."

Durkheim spoke next. "From the looks of the reports and briefings we've gotten, it looks like the Heir's faction is in the best position to assume the reigns of power. It seems the most efficient use of our resources would be to back Princess Jocasta's government, granting recognition and material support to help them hold onto power. Moreover, the Heir is legally acting as regent for the Queen, who is apparently indisposed due to mental instability," he said, indicating one of the reports on the table in front of him.

He was almost immediately countered by Daanylsunn. "Is she the legal regent? Yes. Is she making good decisions? Evidently not," the older Minister of Defense said. "As Agent Haraldsunn said, she is behaving in the manner of a spoiled child throwing a temper tantrum because she did not get her way. Look!" he said, picking up a different report. "Her first act as regent, making a handful of what are supposed to be temporary appointments, and she causes widespread protests. A week into her governance, and there's protests and riots, and she feels the need to use military force to "retake" her own capital, after fleeing in a panic!" Daanylsunn shook his head. "No, if the Heir remains in power unambiguously, the country will be cracking and heaving within a month, at most. And a weakened central government will give an opening to the zealots from the End Times Church. And a theocracy led by Prophet Under is absolutely not something we can live with."

Jurgunlunn spoke, then. "It is also important that we look to how these factions would run the country as they stand now; with President Pahath-Moab dead, elections can no longer be considered anything close to a certainty there, so we cannot make any of our plans on the assumption that one side or another will actually hold them. Given how things have unfolded, I think that especially unlikely should the Heir end up holding onto power, or if the ETC's bid for power proves successful. I'm not even sure it would remain practical if the Queen's government should triumph, but the best hopes for democracy in Edom is with the Queen, and her government also seems the best hope for stability."

"With a nutter in charge?" Durkheim asked, incredulous. "Having a loony heading up a government hardly seems a recipe for success and stability," he said with a sneer.

"An spoiled teenager with her mum and all manner of other courtiers in her ears seems so much better, though," Graagursunn said, sarcasm dripping from her words. She straightened her posture in her seat, looking across the horseshoe-shaped table at Durkheim. "Stick to your area of 'expertise,' Durkheim, I'll stick to mine. And with that in mind, I'm telling you, Jocasta's government remaining in power is not good for anyone, long-term. Us, New Edom, her opponents, or her. Look at her appointments!" she said. "Her tutor, who has never held any sort of government office? Count Lalery, who if even half the things said about him are true, is a vile man who was caught violating their Morality Act within the year? This does not have the makings of a stable, well-run government, and that worry should be salient, since with the Heir in charge, with her pattern already established of using force, there is a real risk those appointments will become permanent. Moreover, there is fear that should that happen, the Edomites will seek closer ties with Arbites. And as we well know, the Magists are to be kept diplomatically isolated at all times if it is remotely possible," she concluded.

Looking to the General, Jordynn spoke clearly. "Based on all the information we have to go on, backing the government of Queen Mara, who has appointed Shalamanser, seems the best option. To address Mister Durkheim's concern," she said, with an icy look at the man, "the fact that the Queen has appointed a by-all-accounts perfectly capable person to head up her government should allay at least a few concerns about her competence, and that of her government. That would seem to be the best play, at the moment, although I would hesitate before committing to definite action beyond diplomatic recognition."

Grimmeburger nodded, his expression having calmed as he had listened to the discussion. "That is similar to my own thoughts, but I thought it would be good to hear your opinions," he explained. "Now, there's another matter, arising from this," he introduced, changing gears. "Apparently, this same debate in Ghant's upper house has unleashed some unholy levels of disagreement," Grimmeburger stated, indicating yet another report from the apparently-endless pile. "Swords were drawn during a meeting of the Jaun--Jan--fuck the one with all the feudal types in it," he said. "Apparently, one of them threw something sharp at the Empress, and some Ghantar fuck with delusions of grandeur and an empire in..." he paused, reading the report. "Vorindeum sent an emissary, and that's apparently the point where everything went to hell."

"There's now a split, with some of the Ghantish lords siding with the Albert prick, who is apparently planning on sending some kind of army to prop up Jocasta. A minority of them, although a significant one, sided with the Empress Sophia and the faction wishing to support Mara's faction. What this amounts to is a potential for civil conflict in Ghant, as well as attempts to move a possibly large body of troops near our country. Naturally, I don't like this one bit," he said. "My own inclination is to voice support for the faction in Ghant with our own similar aims, and make it clear that we will condemn any renegade Ghantar who might compromise their stability, or the stability of central and eastern Acheron. I think it might also be worthwhile to get in contact with our Vyrsarian counterparts and coordinate possible responses if things should escalate. Does anyone have any input on this?"

He expected Durkheim to try and back what he saw as the winning horse, and he was not disappointed in that regard, as the man promptly spoke up. "Have we given any thought to trying to throw in with Prince Albert?" Durkheim asked, clearly going somewhere with the question. "After all, if things are likely to change in Ghant, it might be for the best that we ingratiate ourselves with the new regime or order." Grimmeburger had to resist the urge to look at Durkheim like he was an idiot. Durkheim did not quite shrink back into his chair, but he also nearly froze at the look from the General.

"If that seemed at all likely, that might be a valid suggestion. But for now, the idea that Prince Albert..." (Grimmeburger fought down a grin as he realized the comedic possibilities of the man's name) "is a credible threat to take over Ghant, or upset its government or something, is not something to focus on. To be sure, we need to keep an eye on the situation," he said, looking to Jurgunlunn. "I'd like you to increase our intelligence-gathering apparatus in Ghant, please." She nodded back. "But, in any case, the current legitimate authorities in Ghant are much more amenable to our interests at the moment. No reason not to back them. Nathan is a bit dim, but better a dim, friendly, stable neighbor than an intelligent, aggressive, ambitious one. Any further points?" Grimmeburger asked, looking around the room.

For all that he had kept asking for input, the others knew the discussion was functionally at an end. The General had made his decision, and he would not be dissuaded from his course now that it was set. Grimmeburger stood up from his seat. "Graagursunn, would you be so kind as to have someone draft the necessary letters? One to Prince Elijah Shalmaneser, one to Jocasta Obed, one to Empress Sophia of Ghant, one to Kanzlerin Adenaur in Vyrsar, and one to President DeGroot in Adiron."

With that, the General stood up, preparing to walk out of the room. "Junn, would you walk with me, please?" Durkheim did not quite blanch, but he looked a little paler than the should have, and again he nearly froze. Grimmeburger looked over his shoulder at him, at which point he stood up and followed the General out, looking worried.

Once they were out and a decent distance from anyone else, Grimmeburger turned and looked directly at Durkheim. With mock cheer in his voice, Stevan asked him "What the ever-loving fuck are you playing at, Junn?" His eyes were like coals, smoldering with anger. "And no, I'm not really talking about what happened in there. Although that's part of it. You've been countermanding me the last couple of months, for some reason. In there, with your orders to the FIS..."

At the last words, Durkheim really did go almost white. "You--you..."

"You're damn right I know," Grimmeburger said, all false cheer gone. "I told you explicitly that we are not arresting 'enemies of the state' like that. Political affiliation is not sufficient grounds for detainment. I fucking told you that multiple times. We go after people with political views we don't like, it's going to backfire real quick."

Durkheim had gathered up his composure enough to shoot back, now. "Our enemies are godsdamned Reds. So I tell them to arrest the Reds! It's not complicated! We've managed to catch several RBPA members over the last few months because of this!" he protested. "You made me the Head of Internal Security to deal with shit like this, Stevan. So let me do my job!" he said, voice hot with anger.

Stevan rubbed the bridge of his nose and sighed. "I know that, Junn. The problem is, as I told you, that if you employ measures like that, you galvanize the public to sympathy and support for them. The way we'll beat Ruger is if we take all the air out of his sails. That's the point of elections. That's the point of legalizing fringe parties. If people think they can get what they want non-violently, the ones who stay violent look worse and worse. If we take the high road, Ruger's tactics will dig his grave for us." Grimmeburger pointedly did not add "Besides, I'm a closet socialist anyway," because he did not feel like actually giving Durkheim a heart-attack.

Instead, he waited as Durkheim grudgingly nodded. "Okay. I will pass word around to the local offices. We'll stop rounding up commies just because they're commies," he said. "Are you happy now?" he asked, his voice grouchy.

Grimmeburger cocked an eyebrow. "I rarely am," he said matter-of-factly before turning around and walking off.

To: Admiral Prince Elijah Shalmaneser, Undersecretary Elizabeth Corbulo
Subject: Recognition and Support
Encryption: Moderate

Prince and Undersecretary,

We are writing to you for multiple reasons. First, please accept our sincerest condolences on the passing of President Perrin Pahath-Moab, as well as the other members of the government who fell victim to the tragedy at the stadium. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, them, those injured, and the families of all the victims of this tragedy. We apologize for the belated timing of these wishes, but hope that you will accept the genuine sentiment behind them.

Second, we wish to inform you that, as representatives of the federal government of the Federation of Allamunnic States, we wish to extend an offer of assistance to the legitimate government appointed by Queen Mara to see the Allied States through these trying times. We recognize that in this time of tragedy and fear, a strong hand, ready to work with the best interests of the public in mind, is absolutely crucial.

To this end, we wish to offer you assistance, should you require it, in maintaining peace and order in New Edom. At present, Allamunnic assets in the area are limited to non-existent, but, should you so choose, that is a situation we can rectify posthaste.

All the best,
Stevan R. Grimmeburger
Generalissimo & Head of State

To: President Tavish DeGroot
Subject: Situation in New Edom

Mr. President,

I am reaching out to you in light of recent events occurring in New Edom. Seeing the potential for unrest, chaos, and possibly conflict, I am greatly concerned as to how events there will unfold. However, despite the danger and risks of the present situation, we also see an opportunity.

I refer, of course, to the possibility of driving a wedge between the Allied States and the Imperium. As you know, there are significant Magist minorities in certain Central Acheronian countries, and we must remain ever-vigilant against Arbites' attempts to spread their power and reach further afield. For this purpose, I believe that it would be mutually beneficial if our nations were to cooperate in ensuring that a less Imperium-friendly government is in place in New Edom when things finally settle down.

There is considerable interest in my government regarding possible ways we could help push for this; given our own limited assets in eastern Acheron, we have been giving a lot of thought as to how we might be able to influence the outcomes there for greatest advantage. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on the matter, if we could perhaps discuss this, either through further correspondence, or other means of communication.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Stevan R. Grimmeburger
Generalissimo and Head of State
Federation of Allamunnic States

To: Chancellor Alexia Adenauer
Subject: Situation in Ghant
Encryption: Very High

Ms. Chancellor,

As I am sure you are already aware, there have been some concerning developments in Ghant over the last few days. Ordinarily, strangeness from our neighbor is not cause of overmuch concern, but these particular developments have significant implications for the security of Vyrsar and the Allamunnic States alike.

I am curious as to what steps the Republic will be taking to respond to these developments, so that we might coordinate our responses. The stance of the Allamunnic government, at present, is that the elected government, along with the Empress Sophia, are in the right, and that we cannot condone the actions of the opposing faction. Moreover, we have determined that we will be placing our naval forces on alert as a precaution.

A conference, or further correspondence to discuss these matters at length might be appropriate, if you would be so inclined. I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,
Stevan R. Grimmeburger
Generalissim and Head of State
Part of the Ajax Role-Playing Community.
Stay apprised of developments in Ottonia
Political Compass
Six-Time World Bowl Champions (XVI, XVII, XIX, XXIII, XXV, XXVII)
WLC VII & X Champs (WLC VI, XI & XIII Runners-Up)

Tericio
Spokesperson

Founded: May 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tericio » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:27 pm

ignore
Last edited by Tericio on Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Estoni: "Tericio is just a happy foreigner in a panama hat and aviators throwing food at us."

Allamunnic States
Diplomat

Postby Allamunnic States » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:10 am

Kristbruk Palace, Onneria
Onneria, Allamunnic States

Princess Caroline of Ghant, otherwise known as Queen Caroline of Onneria, was content with her lot in life. She had a good husband who loved her, and wonderful children. Marie, Grace, Ateius and Ophelia. She was a woman of forty-five now, but like her mother, she aged gracefully. Her reddish-brown hair still had color, her brown eyes still warm and bright. She even had the luxury of still being able to fit into her old court dresses, including the sky blue one she was wearing at the time.

Alas, today was one such day where things had been weighing on her mind heavily. Her homeland in turmoil, lords at each other’s throats. Twas Ghant, naturally...and her own brother had a part to play in it. Albert...oh Albert, she thought as she sat in her chambers, hoping sincerely that he wasn’t going to make the situation in New Edom any worse than it already was. The same brother that would intimidate my suitors with threats of violence.

Slightly muffled by the partially-closed door, her husband’s voice drifted into the room. “Dearest, I’m home!” he called, his voice light and happy. “The train back from St. Theodur got in early,” he continued, cheerful as he pushed the door open and strode into the room. He stopped a moment later, though, as he caught sight of Caroline.

Even if they had not been married for more than twenty years, it would have been clear to Theodurik that something was troubling her. For all that he was composed and majestic (or “regal” as was appropriate for his job) in public, he was actually quite perceptive when it came to the emotions of others, especially those close to him. Because of that, he hurried over to where Caroline was seated and laid a gentle hand on her shoulder.

“Is something wrong, love?” he asked, concern clear in his voice.

Caroline gave him a hug and kissed him. “It is good you are back. Naturally, Theo, my brother Bertie concerns me. I worry about what he will do. Was there anything said of the matter in St. Theodur?”

He answered her embrace and kissed her back, before taking advantage of his height to plant a second one at the top of her forehead. “I heard about that. It was discussed during these past few days, but it had not come up when we met with the General,” he explained, putting a slightly irritated emphasis on ‘General’. “Simply because it had not happened yet at that point. I was told that he and the Ministers in Roan were dealing with the matter. Have you heard anything from Ghish about it?”

Caroline sighed as she leaned back in her seat. “More than I would care to know. My brothers are split between Jocasta and Mara, apparently, as are the rest of the nobility. Words were exchanged and threats made in the Jauneketxea, and the Empress is worried for the lives of herself and her children. Bertie’s power and influence is growing rapidly, and he intends to use that to support Jocasta. I wonder...what will come after that? He is ambitious, and not afraid to play high stakes...high risk games.”

“So I heard. We did get a briefing on the situation. I know he’s your brother but... “ he sighed. “I really wish he weren’t. The man’s too ambitious by half, and without any sense of actual duty to leaven it. It’s a recipe for disaster. Does Sophia have a plan if she and her children need to get out of the country?” he asked.

“Yes...I spoke to her earlier. She floated the idea of coming here with Arietta.” Caroline said worriedly. “They are family, and this would be a place where I know they would be safe.”

Theo nodded. “Absolutely. I think it would be a very good idea. They are absolutely welcome, although I’m sure it’ll be a field day explaining that to the General,” he said, the last part of the sentence almost a grumble.

“That’s another thing I am worried about,” Caroline said. “About what the General thinks of this...and if he suspects treachery from us. I try to let it be known where my loyalties lie.”

“I am actually not that worried about it,” Theo said, leaning back slightly into a more relaxed posture. “I’ve dealt with him more often than you have. He has his prejudices, but he’s an even-handed man. He’s not given to witch-hunts, and you have nothing to hide in that regard anyway. I’m sure he would be his usual grumpy self at the prospect, but nothing to fear in itself.” He actually chuckled, here. “He might be an asshole, but he’s fair.”

“That’s reassuring...I shouldn’t worry too much, but of late I find it hard not to. War could be on the horizon, Theo, and not just an isolated one. There could be a world war that arises if chaos and calamity are allowed to ensue. New Edom is where it could all start, or where it could all end.” Caroline explained. “Is there a plan to reassert Mara’s position, short of her coming out of isolation?”

He hugged her again as he replied. “I know. I worry about that, too. We did address that, to an extent. The main purpose of the special meeting of the Regents Council was actually for Grimmeburger to ask the states permission to formally offer Allamunnic support to Mara’s government. And that seems to be the consensus in both St. Theodur and Roan. The feeling is that her government is the best hope for stability and long-term peace in New Edom, and so there were no significant objections to the request.”

“Of course, I am not sure how much we can actually do, at present. We’re not Ossoria, or Cacerta. We don’t have that kind of force projection capability. Getting any kind of real support to the Queen’s government is going to be a significant undertaking, if it’s even doable.”

“What about undermining Jocasta’s support structure?” Caroline asked. “Was there anything thrown around about that? Her position only has the advantage as long as she has backing. I suspect that she could lose that backing if she blunders, or if her supporters prove ruthless. No doubt Albert will. I remember those riots ten years ago in Ghish well enough.”

“It wasn’t a strategy meeting. You know how things work here. The hows are dealt with by the General, the Minister of Defense, and the Minister of Foreign Affairs. I don’t have Grimmeburger, Daanylsunn, or Graagursunn’s private confidence, so I imagine I will be informed once they have developed a plan of attack. I’m sure it’s been priority number one in Roan, as fast as things have been unfolding.”

“Of course…” Caroline’s stream of thought was interrupted by the phone ringing. When she looked to see who it was...sure enough, it was Albert of all people. She turned aghast to Theo and said, “it’s him calling…”

“Sonofabitch,” Theo sighed, loaded with frustration. “I suspect he’s going to want you to hear his piece on how having a teenaged tyrant-in-training leading New Edom is for the best, and how he wants you to get me to ‘call my banners’ and lend him aid or something.” He shook his head. “Whether you want to deal with him right now or not is up to you, dear. But I’ll be with you, no matter what.”

“I probably should,” Caroline answered as she took his hand with one of her own while answering the phone with the other. “Caroline speaking.”

“I know who you are sister. Remember, twas I that used to feed you when you were a baby.” Albert said, on the other line. “You don’t whine as much these days...but hey, are you alone right now?”

“Yes, Bertie,” she lied. “What was on your mind?”

“Funny you should ask. As it happens, I am sort of going around, and figuring out who my friends are...and who my enemies are. Days of reckoning are not too far off, you know.” Albert explained gravely. “You are my friend, aren’t you Carrie?”

“Of course...I always have been. You know I care about your wellbeing and happiness.” Caroline answered truthfully.

“...That’s not what I asked. I asked if you are my friend. My friends are people that want the same things that I want. Do you know what I want?” Albert asked.

“...Can’t say that I do, Bertie,” she answered as she looked at Theo.

“Jocasta is the one true master of New Edom, until Mara wakes the fuck up from whatever spell that dipshit Dakmaran prince put her in. Dakmarans, such poison they are. You know what else is poison? All these fuckheads undermining her position as Regent. They expect me to support some mentally fucked up pampered Queen that probably can’t tell her head from her ass? This is being done out of spite, you know that. God forbid an eighteen year old Crown Princess have the intelligence and courage necessary to keep her country from going to shit. You see, we Ghantar swore a blood oath to New Edom’s one true government, which right now by all their laws is Jocasta. Her enemies are my enemies...people that deny her legitimate authority are my enemies as well. And now that I have the means of dealing with them, I plan on doing just that in short order.” Albert went on to explain.

“...You won’t find any enemies here, Bertie,” Caroline assured him.

“Is that right? So I can expect Grimmeburger to support my position? I might even be alright with him keeping his mouth shut, although I doubt he is capable of that. There are many great Kings and noble houses in the states...surely they can see the wisdom in supporting this cause.”

“Perhaps they do, Bertie, but I cannot speak for them.”

“Lots of vagaries coming from you...I am not sure how I feel about that. Tell me, do you support Mara or Jocasta? And what about dear old Theodurik? Surely he isn’t as daft as he was in his younger years. I am actually surprised he still continued to court you despite my efforts to let him know where I stood...I wasn’t about to let just anyone take off with you. But alas, family means everything. If you can’t count on them, who can you?”

Caroline looked to Theo, hoping he would be able to help her here with what to say.

As quietly as he could, Theo grabbed a pen and a pad of paper. Scribbling as quietly as he could so that Albert could not hear him on the other end, he wrote his advice for Caroline.

“Tell him the truth: your power here is limited, you’ll try to tell Albert’s case to those who will listen, but you can’t promise that it will work. We are not Ghant.” He looked to her, hoping that the words might help her.

“My power here is limited...you know that. I can try to tell people who would be inclined to listen about your cause, but I can’t make any promises. Nobles do not have as much power as they do in Ghant.” Caroline told him with a smile at her husband.

“...You speak very carefully and deliberately, like mother often did. A shame, I thought you would be more enthusiastic about what I want to achieve. Let me leave you with this. When father allowed Theodurik to marry you, it was with hopes that that his loyalty could be given. I will be watching, Carrie. I am going to be paying close attention. And I find that you mean to betray me, well, I will surely be gravely disappointed. And I shouldn’t have to remind you that I possess a strong claim to your husband’s kingdom through the Kristholm line...not as good as John’s spawn, but good enough to see where it goes if I feel the need to. Then we shall see how big Grimmeburger’s balls are. Don’t forget that...I am generous to my friends, but cruel to enemies. Even sweet sisters that don’t know their place.” Albert hung up the phone.

Just then, Caroline put her phone up and began to cry, face in her hands.

Hearing the threats and emotional abuse over the line would have normally had very little effect on Theo. He did not take Albert’s threats all that seriously (not that he did not think he was capable of such cruelty, but doubting that he had the means to reach them in the States), nor his somewhat laughable grasp of political realities.

But seeing Caroline hurt, upset and crying, that made him furious. He was a calm man, and so it did not show on his face, but rage churned inside him even as he pulled his wife into a comforting embrace, holding her, with soothing touches and reassuring words, being a strong shoulder for her. Beneath that, however, he could only think of how he would do everything in his power to foil Albert’s plan. It took him a minute or two to decide on the how, but he thought he could think of a good place to start. After all, the General was a reasonable man, but he took the attempted meddling in Allamunnic affairs by foreigners very seriously, and with none of his usual moderation.

But that would be in the future. For the time being, he simply held Caroline, telling her things would be alright.
Political Compass

Hutanjia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 28, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hutanjia » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:13 am

HIGHWAY JUNCTION
SURPLICE DISTRICT
OUTSIDE FINEBERG

Sergeant First Class Wilmington Tuzaba felt quite alone as he looked at the protesters laying down on the road several meters before them. His hand rested on the grenade launcher that was pintle mounted and loaded with tear gas rounds that would more than likely be unleashed onto them in a matter of minutes. He had the rest of the crew of HM78, one of the Saladins of the 1/28th, with him, manning their spots in the vehicle. HM82 and HM74 were on either side of them. Yet, as he heard the angry mutterings of the naked protesters, amplified from thousands of vocal chords, he never felt more like he was on his own.

Part of it had to do with the journey over to New Edom. He had finally shared his deepest secret with HM78 during their transport's journey across the seas. They had only known that he had not enlisted in the HRA originally from the start of the recently finished war, assuming he was a replacement through regular recruitment, or transfer from another regiment. He felt that in order to work as a team, they needed to know his full story. During one congenial evening, he had opened up. He had been a guerrilla with the UFF, the combat arm of the political rebel force that fought the Hutanjian government. When it became more apparent as the war progressed that the UFF was less concerned about Wishtonian socialism and overthrowing the monarchy, and more about Cardwithian nationalism, he, along with several other ethnic Hutanjians, had slipped away from their groups in the Nesselbergian jungle to turn themselves in. Tuzaba had become a Spider Scout, the successful program launched by the Hutanjian government to turn UFF fighters against their former rebel comrades, Falkasian advisers and the Cardwithian regular forces. The Spider Scouts, working with Edomite, Hutanjian and USG forces, had revealed the tunnels, defenses and other traps set for the Allies out in the jungle. As the war concluded, or the conventional part anyway, Tuzaba had been one of the first to successfully transfer from the Spider Scouts to the regular Hutanjian Republican Army.

It had been one of the biggest mistakes Wil had ever made to reveal his secret to them. While he had started to bond with the crew before, they now barely spoke to him, but for the most necessary of communication to keep the IFV operating and other important tasks. Word had spread throughout the Battalion and he became scorned. He knew of others who were former Spider Scouts in the Regiment, but no one else had come forward except for him. Suspicion was rampant as they tried to figure out the situation of others who had come to the Battalion under similar, suspicious circumstances. He found himself not only hated by the most patriotic Hutanjians, but also those other former Scouts that had been put under the microscope because of his candid moment. He was determined not to reveal anyone else, dragging them into his personal hell, but suffer alone.

Here he sat, ready to make more enemies, this time Edomite civilians, upon word from the Lieutenant. He would do his duty as he lamented a life of bad choices, his and others'.

After the few canisters and rounds of tear gas were launched, there would not be water canons and rubber bullets. The Hutanjians had not been fully prepared to be riot police, they were armed for real combat. It would be rifle butts, and if necessary, real bullets for violent resisters. They had strict orders to keep their machetes sheathed, but some troops had taken them out within sight of the protesters, to let the sun glint off them, as they twisted them around and made a show of sharpening them. The HRA officers ignored the flagrant disregard for the engagement rules, and some may have in fact encouraged it.

Other troops just stared, especially at the lighter skinned Edomite women, coming to terms with the fact that the rumors were true. These people pranced around naked and painted their bodies, much as the Hutanjians' own tribal ancestors had done some centuries ago. It was all the more shocking as the Edomite troops had always worn uniforms into battle during the Hutanjian Civil War, and were the perfect picture of modern Western civilized individuals off duty, as well, in most cases. Unbeknownst to the common Hutanjians, the Edomite troops, support and advisers had been under strict warning to not strip down in Hutanjian public per NEMACH and HUTCENTCOM.
So there had been little hint at this Edomite societal proclivity for nudity, to most Hutanjians who had never traveled outside of the nation before. It had been downplayed well by both NEMACH and the Hutanjian government. Now...here they were, naked as the day they were brought onto this planet.

Colonel Hudagku walked up to one Salamah that had large PA speakers attached to it. He talked into a radio, consulting with Unwerth's command staff, listening and nodding. Then he clicked off the radio handset. He pulled his wrist up to chest height, glancing at his watch, for dramatic effect, shaking his head, as the protest ringleaders continued to rant with their bullhorns. He knew full well how much time had passed.

"This is not your country! We are peaceful protesters!"

"Soldiers! You are facing innocent unarmed people offering you no harm! Turn back, let us resolve our own politics peacefully!"

He pulled up the handset again, as the Captain next to him switched the channels to the PA system, which was also networked to other speakers spread down the line of armored vehicles.

"SILENCE! BE QUIET!"

The chatter from the weaker bullhorns stopped with momentary shock. Hudagku had their full attention. He spoke again,
"You have run out of time! You were given one half hour to disperse, and that time has now past and gone. You are in violation of the Public Welfare Emergency Act. You are jeopardizing operations to secure the capital by loyal Monarchist forces of the rightful Heir. This is a safety issue..." He faltered,
"This is your last chance to vacate the area!" He paused, looking out at the sweating, multi-colored naked bodies that lay across the highway junction. None of them stood up.
He sighed.
"You give us no choice."

Junior officers, acting on previous orders had their troops start to move, funneling out from between the vehicles, and reforming ranks. They had on full body armor and wore gas masks that covered their brown faces. They had their assault rifles braced, pointing up and to the left.

The Colonel signaled and several grenade launchers, attached to the LAAR-5 rifles, or mounted on vehicles and tripods, fired almost simultaneously, the boom quite loud as it became one deafening report. From further behind, the HTH-203s also launched their tear gas rounds, in larger caliber mortar shells. With the mass of people before them and the need to strategically land the multiple rounds in among them, some were bound to be injured or even killed by the falling, non explosive, 'non lethal' gas rounds.

As panicked cries and shouts rose up from the Edomite protesters, the Hutanjians moved forward to shove and herd them towards trucks pulling up from the 46th Logistics Brigade. They would be bound with plastic cuffs and transported to nearby centers temporarily turned into detention areas until the local cooperating law enforcement could process them all. Those that resisted or refused to get up would be, kicked, stomped on or take rifle butts to the head and gut. Then cuffed.

Colonel Hudagku forced himself to continue to watch. He had no right to order his men to brutalize unarmed civilians and spare himself the horrific scene. He kept his face steely and eyes forward as the soldiers of the HRCT moved forward.

POWER PLANT
SURPLICE DISTRICT

Captain Roendorf was there to monitor the pullout of Captain Shobal's troops. He sat in one of the GAZ Tigrs while backing Saladins and Salamahs were scattered in a cordon off in the distance from the plant, but for the one northern route of passage out to Padan-Aran. 3rd platoon from A Company, 2/1 HAR stood at attention at either side of the road out of the plant, an honor guard for a respected, potential foe. The rest of the Rangers of A Company were strategically scattered out on the perimeter, still ready if the Marine company changed their mind and resisted. They had AT launchers at the ready.

Shobal paused before mounting his M20 Hamsher and said, "I talked to the Lead Engineer in there--He said watch where you park around the grounds. You don't want heavy vehicles stirring up the dirt too much where there might be dangerous ground wires."

The Neu Engollian Ranger officer smiled.
"Thank you for passing that along, Captain. I will be sure to have my men take care when securing the facility. Have a safe trip."

The Hutanjian Rangers saluted as the APCs slowly cruised by them. Captain Roendorf saluted, standing up in the back of the MUV. He hoped he wouldn't have to face the New Edomite marines later in battle.
Last edited by Hutanjia on Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Allamunnic States
Diplomat

Postby Allamunnic States » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:29 pm

The General's Quarters, Outside Roan
Ainslynd, Allamunnic States

Grimmeburger had spurned the opportunity five years ago when he took power to make the Despot's Palace his residence, finding the thing too large and grandiose for his needs or tastes. Instead, he had purchased a modest, middle-class home on the outskirts of Roan, with a large enough property to ensure that the place could be kept properly secured. The home was not quite small, but it was not large, either; it only had two bedrooms (a master and a guest), a decently-sized kitchen and dining room, a living room, a personal library, and an office. The walls and windows had been reinforced with bullet-proofed and blast-resistant materials, and the structure was built like a bunker. And the sizable basement for all practical purposes was a bunker.

Moreover, the office, where Grimmeburger conducted much of his business, and where he currently sat, was an interior room. He was seated at his desk when he received notice that was receiving a video call on a line reserved for state leaders. Turning to a large screen on one wall, Grimmeburger clicked a remote to switch the screen on before hitting "accept" on the call.

He was greeted by the sight of King Theodurik IX of Onneria and his wife, Queen Caroline, standing in what looked to be the study at the Kristbruk Palace in Onneria. At least, such was suggested by the rich mahogany shelving, gold-plated fittings, and numerous leather-bound books (contrasting with Grimmeburger's own cheaper wooden shelves, often as not littered with paper-backs). He remained seated, but nodded and gave an informal salute to the two. For all that Grimmeburger disliked nobility and royalty as institutions, he actually had very few complaints about the Onnerian ruler and his family specifically. However, he no longer, by federal order, had to recognize their official rank. So he did not, but he did do them one small honor. "Sir, ma'am," he began. "What can I help you with?"

Theo cleared his throat and spoke. "As you may know, last night, Caroline received a call from her brother. You might know him as Prince Albert of Ghant," he said. Grimmeburger fought down a small chuckle at the realization that Theo knew about the wiretap, not that he had expected differently. No, the General kept his poker face intact. "His call was full of threats, insults, and attempts at manipulation in an attempt to coerce Caroline into drumming up support for his cause. Including trying to convince the state leaderships and yourself."

Grimmeburger nodded, looking to Caroline. "Did you inform him how much of a waste of breath that would be?" When Caroline nodded back, he shrugged. "Of course you did. Why would he stop for things like "logic," "common sense," or "real life?" he almost sneered. "I'm sure he sees the political realities of this nation as quite beneath him," he continued. "Very well. What are you asking me to do about it?" he asked, his voice becoming neutral again.

"Officially, nothing," Theo started to say. Of course, he was cut off by Grimmeburger's laugh.

"Spare me," he said, "I know that it will be off the books. I will take steps to make sure that he does not know that you told me. So what is it you want me to do."

Theo looked to Caroline. "A message to Albert informing him of Caroline's failure in that regard might be useful. Do as you will, otherwise. We simply thought it best that you have this information," he said. "I would, however, at this time, like to ask what stance our government will be taking on the situations in both New Edom and Ghant, if that would be acceptable," Theo continued, voice still neutral.

Normally, Stevan would not have granted the request (You'll find out when every other governor does, he might have said) but the display of trust from Theo and Caroline inclined him to relent. "We are throwing in with Queen Mara's government. And we will stand with the elected government of Ghant, as well as the Empress Sophia. The specifics on how we will proceed in each case are still being decided. Satisfied?" He saw Theo nod, and Caroline copy the motion a moment later.

"Excellent. I will be giving a full report to the Regents Council at the next opportunity," he continued. "I do hope you sent the proper representatives to Roan?" he asked. Another nod from Theo, and Grimmeburger smiled again. "Good. I look forward to hearing from them," he said. "Now, I do need to resume my business," he said, before terminating the call. With that, he turned back to the stack of files and papers on his desk next to his desktop computer.

With the room quiet again, he was able to resume working on the communiques he had begun prior to the call.

To: Empress Sophia of Dakmoor
Subject: The Situation in Ghant
Encryption: Very High

Empress,

I am writing to inform you that I am aware of the current situation in Ghant, regarding the fight at the Jauneketxea and at least part of what has transpired since. I would like to inform you that you have the support and backing of the federal government of the Allamunnic States. We are currently watching Prince Albert's actions with close interest, and are preparing to counter him, should he attempt to upset the situation further.

I would also like to offer you and your family asylum in the Allamunnic States, should it become necessary. Although I trust that you will be able to stand your ground and weather this crises, the offer stands should it be necessary for your personal safety. It is in our best interest in this nation to see Ghant stable and peaceful.

That said, I have put the Federal Army and Federal Navy on high alert, in the event of some move against the States originating from Ghant. I was disturbed to hear of Albert's call to Queen Caroline, the wife of the King of Onneria, attempting to coerce her into stumping for his cause. Albert may be a Ghantish national, but should he continue to attempt to interfere in Allamunnic affairs, I will attempt to deal with him as I deem necessary, due process be damned.

My thoughts are with you as you stand through this crisis.

Sincerely,
Stevan R. Grimmeburger,

Personal Communique from the Desk of Generalissimo Stevan R. Grimmeburger
To: Albert of Ghant
Subject: Idiocy

As you likely well know, it is good to keep friends close, enemies closer, and a close eye on all of them alike. Which is why you should not be surprised that your call to Mrs. Izaaksunn last night was under surveillance. So I am quite aware of your attempts at strong-arming an Allamunnic citizen into pushing for your point of view.

As you might also know, I tend to take a dim view of dim foreigners trying to meddle in Allamunnic affairs. This is not Ghant, a fact which, I assure you, we are quite proud of. Therefore, you have no place interfering in our business. And allowing you to do so is not something I can tolerate.

Which is why, should I hear of you doing any such thing again, I will begin looking for the most viable way to remove you from the Earth. So, if you should feel the urge to stick your prominent nose into our business again, I would kindly invite you to fuck yourself with a cactus, first.

In summation: mind your own business, you inbred streak of piss.

Sincerely,
Stevan R. Grimmeburger,
Last edited by Allamunnic States on Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Compass

Ghant
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:27 pm

Sophia of Dakmoor
Empress of Ghant

To: Foreign Ministry of the United Republic of Vyrsar
Subject: In Response

To whom it may concern,

It is with the sincerest gratitude that I would like to express my appreciation for support for my position by your government, and for your understanding of our current predicament. Indeed, my uncle-in-law is known to possess a less than stellar opinion of your fine country, and a few amongst the nobility share such feelings of antipathy. Due to his many actions in that vein, an unofficial condemnation doesn't seem unreasonable.

As always, I am appreciative of the kindness and friendship that the Kaiserin has shown to me over the years, and I am grateful for the gesture she has shown to me and my children. I will keep her offer under consideration, naturally.

At this time a policy of containment I consider to be most agreeable. Of course you should know that I am doing what I can to avert fighting from breaking out not only in Ghant, but anywhere else for that matter. My goal as Empress has been to build relations with foreign nations, yours included, and as such I will not tolerate rabblerousing originating here in Ghant. Rest assured that not only will I do what I can to contain it myself, but should I fail, any and all external efforts to deal with the problem will be greatly appreciated. The elected government shares this view with me.

Sincerely,

Empress of Ghant

Sophia of Dakmoor
Empress of Ghant

To: Generalissimo Stevan Grimmeburger of the Allamunnic States
Subject: The Situation in Ghant

Dear Generalissimo,

I am very grateful and appreciative for the support of the Allamunnic federal government in this time of great trouble for not only Ghant, but also New Edom. The situation that transpired in the Jauneketxea is totally unacceptable, and all efforts are being made to alleviate the tensions that it has caused.

In regards to my uncle-in-law, it is most regrettable that he has taken a belligerent course of action in regards to recent events. Rest assured that I do not take kindly to his encouragement of anarchy and war within Ghant. I do fear what sort of impact he could have in New Edom, given his invitation to augment her position there. Watching him is a very well advised course. It surprises me very little to hear that he called Caroline attempting to use her as a means of currying support for Jocasta's position. I also do not doubt that he has done the same elsewhere.

I also appreciate the offer of asylum for myself and my family. It means a great deal to me to know that my family is welcome in your country should things come to that.

With sincerest gratitude,

Empress of Ghant

Albert
Emperor of Vorindeum, King Regent of Ziri, Crown Prince of Garza and Lord Prince of Ghant

To: Stevan Grimmeburger, Generalissimo of the Allamunnic States
Subject: Idiocy

Dear Generalissimo,

Indeed, that is a most wise saying. Naturally, I am not surprised that my call to my sister, a Princess Imperial of Ghant, was not a private one. When it comes to a conversation that I have with my sister, well, what exactly would there be for me to hide? An Allamunnic citizen she may be, but a Ghantish one she always shall be...an Obsidian Princess and most importantly, my sister. As her elder brother, I merely felt the need to remind her of my position, is all, and to inquire as to her own, which if not consistent with mine would be considered very disappointing.

I would have you know that I have no interest in either apologizing for calling my sister inquiring as to her loyalties, nor do I have any interest in responding to your insults, which I find quite amusing coming from a head of state. Although, I do find it rich that you would tell me to mind my own business, when I have legitimate grounds of my own to give you the same advice. In any case, your professionalism has been duly noted.

By all means, Generalissimo, if you feel compelled to remove me from the world, you are certainly welcome to try. You wouldn't be the first to try, and I doubt you would be the last. I am never adverse to a challenge of that nature. I would like to leave you with a bit of wisdom as well. They say that the closer you are to danger, the farther you are from harm. And as of this moment, you are quite far from danger indeed.

With all due respect,

Emperor of Vorindeum, King Regent of Ziri, Crown Prince of Garza and Lord Prince of Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Factbook | RP Resume | IIwiki Admin
Commended by Security Council Resolution #450
Recipient of the Greater Dienstad Roleplay Reward
"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" - Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ozymandias
XX XXX
XX XXX

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Fineberg

Victory Square

"It will take a lot more than this, a lot more,"said one of the protestors wearily to Holly LeMay. "You tell them that."

"It's all going to fall apart," a sobbing woman said. "They're going to kick us to the curb, just you watch, look what she did!"

"The fool in his heart hath said, 'there is no God'," a blind Haranese priest was exclaiming as he was led by an acolye down the street, his stick clicking loudly.

"Hey," shouted a young man, running up, genitals waving brightly blue. "There are foreign soldiers loyal to Jocastam on the edge of the city near Surplice District! It's on the radio, listen!"

People were drifting all around them, heading home, hunched shoulders, arms folded across chests, sullen, frightened, herded by groups of soldiers and City Militia now. A V formation of TH-300 helicopters went thundering overhead and sent debris and dust swirling in clouds that obscured the exodus of the defeated demonstrators.

HIGHWAY JUNCTION
SURPLICE DISTRICT
OUTSIDE FINEBERG

"Oh no Jo-Jo..." called an organizer through a megaphone.

"WE WON'T GO!" screamed protesters in response. The organizers were sitting, arm in arm, close together, a mass of people stretched across the juncture of the roads, thousands of them, nearly six or seven deep. Some had slipped away, but many of them were devout ETC, Free Congress, and were determined. They were also afraid; some of them were using mini cams to zoom in.

Laban on the radio said, "...witnesses say that they see drawn machetes among the troops. Princess Jocasta seems to have a lot of support among foreign nations ready to use their military force against our own people..."

"Take courage," shouted an ETC preacher. "Take courage, brothers and sisters. Remember the old truth: for but a little while the wicked have strength, but they will pass away as the dust before the wind."

"Oh no, Jo-Jo--"

"WE WON'T..."

Then suddenly they were interrupted.

"SILENCE! BE QUIET!"

The chatter from the weaker bullhorns stopped with momentary shock.

"You have run out of time! You were given one half hour to disperse, and that time has now past and gone. You are in violation of the Public Welfare Emergency Act. You are jeopardizing operations to secure the capital by loyal Monarchist forces of the rightful Heir. This is a safety issue..." the voice paused a moment. Then continued.
"This is your last chance to vacate the area!..." then...
"You give us no choice."

Junior officers, acting on previous orders had their troops start to move, funneling out from between the vehicles, and reforming ranks. They had on full body armor and wore gas masks that covered their brown faces. They had their assault rifles braced, pointing up and to the left.

Several grenade launchers, attached to the LAAR-5 rifles, or mounted on vehicles and tripods, fired almost simultaneously, the boom quite loud as it became one deafening report. From further behind, the HTH-203s also launched their tear gas rounds, in larger caliber mortar shells. With the mass of people before them and the need to strategically land the multiple rounds in among them, some were bound to be injured or even killed by the falling, non explosive, 'non lethal' gas rounds.

As panicked cries and shouts rose up from the Edomite protesters, the Hutanjians moved forward to shove and herd them towards trucks pulling up from the 46th Logistics Brigade. They would be bound with plastic cuffs and transported to nearby centers temporarily turned into detention areas until the local cooperating law enforcement could process them all. Those that resisted or refused to get up would be, kicked, stomped on or take rifle butts to the head and gut. Then cuffed. While more prepared for resistance than the crowds around Victory Square, they broke like those who had tried a more violent resistance around Betharan Palace. Groans and screams came from them; it was over. The Hutnajians had their hands full with people being arrested; City Militia were moving into their sector to help with transport.

Quality Bay

Princess Jocasta said gravely, "Thank you, General. I keep my word: your appointment is confirmed."

"I thank Your Royal Highness," said General Unwerth on his end. "I will come to Fineberg immediately to take authority. I would like your permission to contact Admiral Shalmaneser, and see if I can get him to see some sense."

"Perhaps you might be the only one who can, General," said Jocasta, smiling. "I will never forget this."

Unwerth paused. "You are your father's daughter, the Heir. My service is part of my oath."

"Thank you General, please carry on,"Jocasta said. She looked at her entourage. "I don't want to wait. Let us go to Fineberg; we should arrive after he does and be received properly. Then get on with the business of government."

Those in the room bowed deeply and she closed her eyes a moment, smiling.

To: Count Rapor Ghadsacan of Maldoria

Dear Count,

I am very heartened by your kind words and offer of support. It is not easy to declare that your sister is not competent to lead, and it is my fond prayer that this will change in the earliest future.

However I must be aware of the security needs of my country, and how other nations see the situation here. Because of this, i accept your offer with certain conditions, if that is not considered unfair.

First: I would require that a treaty be signed which agrees that your forces are deputized under Edomite command. They must take no initiative not delegated by my senior commanders.

Second: It must be clear that releases of public information will also come through my Defense or Foreign Departments.

Again, I am very grateful for this offer of support, and your sympathies. I look forward to meeting with you or your envoys in the near future.

sincerely,
Princess Jocasta Obed
Heir of the Allied States of New Edom
Last edited by New Edom on Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:12 pm

Padan-Aran, New Edom

"How beautiful it is to seethe hummingbirds feeding at dusk," mused Major-General John Ashdod softly seeing a pair of them feeding at a nectar feeder hanging from a nearby fig tree. "What a marvel of nature."

"Splendid," said Prince Elijah. "Here are the recent reports from Fineberg, most recent efforts at diplomacy."

"Of course...so I take it you are not going to kill me today?" asked Ashdod with a serene and calm smile.

"No, not today," said Elijah curtly, pursing his lips. "Do you wish to die?"

"What is life but a mere escape from death?" Ashdod said. "Well, the Generalissimo says that he has few assets in New Edom--meaning he has a certain amount. What their goals are is more or less related to desiring a maintenance of general peace and the status quo. I doubt that they care who leads here as long as they can provide that. Like the Romans and many others." he paused. "They have found out about the Futurist Conspiracy. They may do some of our work for us. I will drop some crumbs in their path."

"Very good." Prince Elijah then leaned back in his chair. "I have messages from the Cacertians as well. Offers of support. I shall accept on the Queen's behalf, and you will work with me on this."

"Thank you," said Ashdod quietly. "May I have another sandwich too?"

Elijah sighed. "Yes..."

To: Stevan R. Grimmeburger
Generalissimo & Head of State
Subject: Assistance
Encryption: Most Secret

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your condolences. It is a pity you and General Pahath-Moab never had opportunity to meet, I am sure you would have found it mutually enjoyable. We grieve his loss very much. It is hoped that the truce will work, perhaps in a day, and the funerals can proceed.

I believe that Queen Mara is certainly capable of delegating, but this is in dispute by those in service directly to the Heir Princess Jocasta. Because of this I am determined to make sure that Queen Mara will be protected at least until the elections are over. However the elections may not be over for a month or so.

What I would most appreciate from your part is intelligence sharing about the activities of other nations supporting Princess Jocasta, particularly Novitera, Hutanjia and Shalum, the latter of which seems to be sitting on the fence now. A bit of diplomatic pressure may push them to the right side. I would also appreciate the encouragement of certain other nations--Draconia, the Late Roman Empire, Arbites Materia, Vyrsar--in staying neutral as long as possible, but being encouraged to not withdraw economic cooperation with New Edom. I hope that there will be as little incentive as possible to not work with our country and encourage peaceful resolutino of the constitutional crisis.

Thank you for your encouraging support.

I have the honour to be,
Vice-Admiral Prince Elijah Shalmaneser

To: Queen Anelyn I of Cacerta
Subject: Assistance
Encryption: Most Secret

Your Majesty,

I would like to thank you for your unwavering loyalty to us as allies, and to Queen Mara as a friend. Alas, i fear she is not the vivacious young woman you once met at the moment, but a person deeply caught up in grief and sorrow. If it would not cause demoralization among those loyal to her here,I would advocate her leaving New Edom for Cacerta right away.

I would like to request that your naval expeditionary force give both Fineberg and the islands of Gloria Regis a wide berth. We would like you to have this force head to the waters within 100 KM of the city of Harbourtown, where they will be welcomed by loyal naval forces that are under my command. If you could assist us in providing a CAP along the stretch of coastline covering a 150 by 150 km radius around Harbourtown which would give me the ability to patrol inland to a greater degree, i would be most appreciative.

I have the honour to be,
Vice-Admiral Prince Elijah Shalmaneser

As twilight approached, the forces loyal to Queen Mara were moving overland and by air towards Padan-Aran. Along with them, crammed in where possible, were families and friends who had fled Fineberg. The TH-300's passengers were in some cases weary and near to passing out in some of the birds that had standing room only. The 21st Lancers flew over the farmland, small towns and factories of the interior of Bara Province. Colonel Elena Weber in the Command and Control bird moodily staid to Sergeant-Major Beor, "I do not like retreating when there has been no battle. But I am also tired of killing my fellow countryfolk. And I don't want to kill any more Hutanjians either...specially when we last fought on their side. And I don't want to talk about Unwerth again." she looked out over green fields that were full of marshlands where brown herds of capybaras moved steadily, some of them scattering and running in alarm as the helicopters flew overhead, farmers shaking fists at them.

"There goes lunch," Beor tried to joke.

"Damn it, let's have a song," she snapped, shaking her head at him.

Hold Tight, the unofficial song of the 21st Lancers, began to blare throughout the retreating Air Cavalry Regiment. In defiance of their mood, Weber and the other Lancers began to sing along.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Shalum
Minister

Postby Shalum » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:58 pm

Vereush Bar, Darknell
Maldorian Province, Southwestern Shalum

The city of Darknell was not the largest city in Maldoria, with a population just shy of sixty-thousand denizens on any given day, nor was it that rich of a city, with much of the local populace only able to find reliable employment in one of the many mines on the outskirts of the city. The rugged terrain around the city of Darknell was known for being somewhat rich in rare earth resources such as: lithium, copper, gold, coal, iron ore, and even coal. Because of this, the area was quickly becoming the backbone of the relatively weak Maldorian economy. Sadly, the companies that operated these mines cared much more about the profit that they generated then those who went underground to retrieve the valuable resources, meaning that there was a good amount of negligence on the operator's part, which had led to the death of hard working miners over the years.

One of the Darknel's best kept secrets, was that it was a popular place for Maldorian militants and revolutionaries to congregate. In fact, many members of said groups could be found in and around the city working, hidden in plain sight. When they wanted to meet up and discuss possible operations that they could carry out, there were a number of places where they could do so, due to the fact that there were plenty of places that were isolated enough that they could go unnoticed, not to mention that the local populace was sympathetic to their cause. One place in particular had become a favorite of regular people and revolutionaries alike in more recent years. It was a bar, actually, a place where people could go to drink away their sorrows with what money they had to their name.

The bar itself had seen much better days, that was certain. The building itself was getting up in the years, and had been a company store for a mine at one time. The only thing that was good about it was that it was sturdily built, with brick instead of the more common wood of the time, so that it could withstand the harsh weather that rolled through now and then. The interior wasn't much better, but it was at least cleaned regularly. The long bar had beer on tap, with harder liquors at the ready below. The patron's seats where creaky but sturdy, as where the tables. In the back, there were a couple of pool tables, which seemed to always been surrounded by a mix of cigarette and marijuana smoke. Hanging over the bar, there was the Maldorian provincial flag hanging, which seemed to be the only thing that could be considered new, not a hole or blemish that could be seen on it. There was a second floor to the bar as well, with a number of private rooms, where a group of local women (and even a few men) handled other sorts of affairs.

At the moment, there were only a handful of people milling about the place, due to the fact that most were still at work, and would be for a few more hours at least. The bar tender drifted back and forth behind the bar, at a slow pace due to his notable limp. He had been a miner at one time, himself, at least until an unfortunate accident had left him in his current state. He was the owner of the bar, a rugged man by the name of Krakon Vereush. For a bar tender, he wasn't exactly the chattiest of sorts, but he did listen and learn quite a bit about the happenings around town.

In a corner booth, a couple of men could be seen sipping on their beers, which had just been brought to them. "Lammerton Lagger, eh? What's the special occasion, if I may ask?" Brothan Krac'festar asked with a raised eyebrow as he took a sip of the potent ale before sitting it back down on the table. Reaching up, he scratched his scruffy beard with less than clean hands, coal dust still under his nails and staining his skin. He was one of the more unfortunate ones, who had to work in the lower paying coal mines. He was a strongly built man, thanks to his trade, and not the kind that you wanted to tussle with, however. In his spare time, however, he was a lieutenant in the Maldorian Liberation Army, the group that had been known to skirmish with the Shalumite military whenever they could. They rarely won, of course, but it was enough to keep their oppressors on edge.

The man sitting across from him, Damak Dhaccarok, grinned and sipped on his own drink. He was no less intimidating than Brothan. If anything, more so would have been appropriate. His well muscled forearms were covered with tattoos, some of which where there for the intimidation factor, and others to cover up the visible scars of his past. It seemed as if he was stuck is a perpetual sneer, more often than not. By day he was a garbage collector, and by night a captain in the Maldorian Liberation Army. "Because, my friend, I learned today that we're going to do something besides sit on our asses. Along with that, the shipment that we were promised arrived today. Assault rifles, submachine guns, even anti-material rifles and fast attack vehicles! More than we've ever gotten in one go before." He said brightly.

"No shit?" Brothan asked incredulously with raised eyebrows, earning a nod in response. "Well I'll be damn, its about time. What are we going to be doing, exactly?" He asked, attention now completely rapt in the conversation. The miner leaned forward and braced his elbows against the table.

"Well you've been hearing about all that shit going on in New Edom?" Damak asked as he brought his beer to his lips.

"I may live in a trailer, but I do have a television. Yeah I did. Some pompous bitch of an eighteen year old princess took over or some shit. Had her people get violent with protesters and all of that. Nothing new. Why do you ask?" Brothan grunted back.

"I'd watch what I say about her if I were you. She's the whole reason that we're getting shiny new toys and the chance to do something." Damak advised with a warning tone. "Anyways, apparently the leadership thinks that she's the real leader or some crap like that, hell if I know. The Shalumites seem to be more than cozy doing nothing while they secretly wave ' go team Mara' flags in the background." He laughed a humorless laugh. "Anyways, from what I got told, they think making friends with up with this Jocasta girl could pay off someday, assuming she takes the throne of course. They want us to be foot soldiers for her, or something like that. They're mobilizing a lot of us too, maybe as many as a couple thousand."

"Goddamn." Brothan replied in surprise, knowing all too well that the MLA only had five or so thousand people actually pledged to take up arms. Of course, there were groups that they were allied with as well, the communists, anti-monarchists, and things of the like, but the MLA often had to do much of the heavy lifting themselves. A couple thousand people was not a small number to them. "Well, I guess we're going too, I take it. I could certainly think of worse places to make my first trip outside of Maldoria too. New Edom at that, I hear they've got accepting people up there." He laughed and took another long sip of his drink.

Damak rolled his eyes. "I see someone finally learned how to use the computer I bought them." He joked, earning an eye roll from the man across the table. "Anyways, yes, we're probably going to the Allied States too, we just don't know when yet. No marching orders and all that have arrived, as far as I know." He replied, digging in his pant's pocket until he found a cigarette pack -which was almost empty- and a refillable lighter that he had for longer than he could really remember.

"Should I tell our men?" Brothan asked as he looked over his shoulder. They hadn't come alone, but with friends and fellow soldiers, most of whom were younger. They were here and there, a few huddled around the bar watching a soccer match over drinks, while another stood alone with a woman of ill repute, probably trying to work out some sort of 'business' deal.

"No let them be for now. Who knows when when we'll have time to relax next? Let them have their fun. Cheers my friend." Damak said with a smile, raising his glass for a toast.
Conscription is the vitality of a nation, the purification of its morality, and the real foundations of all its habits.

Tericio
Spokesperson

Founded: May 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tericio » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:13 pm

ignore
Last edited by Tericio on Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Estoni: "Tericio is just a happy foreigner in a panama hat and aviators throwing food at us."

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:11 pm

The End Times Church

Harbourtown

Few ordinary citizens understood much of the complexities of politics. Many adults had only begun to learn literacy. Few grasped the limits of political freedom, the nature of democracy or what provided a government with legitimacy. Most had been raised only with two things: tradition and rebellion.

The anger that flowed through some parts of the country, particularly one full of people who had been shifted round the nation like those who had swelled Harbourtown into shantytowns and ugly foreign fast built apartments and barracks like dwellingplaces for factory and warehouse workers. They had no ingrained sense that their jobs were guaranteed; they just knew they had been being paid. What they knew most deeply though was that their ways of life were on the line.

For the people of Harbourtown, more than anything they knew that they were helped by the Council for Refugees, by the End Times Church and Free Congress, and so the appointments by Jocasta outraged them. That was what they knew. Hearing of the violent suppression of protest, they went ballistic.

While a lot of the demonstrations were peaceful, were trying to force industry and finance to knuckle under, there were others not so peaceful. Various gangs of ETC youth, male and female, chanted in the streets; in several cases women dressed in decadent foreign clothes or men dressed likewise were chased down, cornered, stripped. There were demonstrations where they stomped on foreign cell phones and popular media: the Paladin Cinemas locations were blockaded until they promised to not show films that lauded the homosexual lifestyle, prostitution, blasphemy against God, or fornication on screen.

In Harbourtown, many City Militia joined with the protestors. The Ethnarch and the Governor both supported this--some said out of fear, others cynically said it was a bid for power.

"We are supporting the people's right to question their government, that is all. We regret certain acts of violence, but the vast majority of people are simply protesting, and we uphold that. This is a Christian nation. We await the words of the Prophet," said the Ethnarch in a speech before the press at the Palace of the Ethnarch in Harbourtown--a neo-classical building surrounded by rather ugly art deco buildings.

In negotiations with military units loyal to Queen Mara, a general truce was established. The Base Commander at Tyrannis, the combined Naval Air Station and Marine Infantry training base, was able to meet with provincial and city officials to negotiate arrangements. Radio hosts were listened to anxious to hear if this meant that the Queen supported the ETC reformation movement. There was little word on this, but much talk of mutual respect.

"The Queen represents a lineage that has long fought for our people's freedom. There have been differences of opinion but the people of Bara support the Queen--but reserve the right to agitate for our rights and freedoms. It is hoped that she will uphold that. The Heir will be protested against until she sees the error of her ways and fires her bad advisers," said Joshua Garum, a local television news host. "They ought to be ashamed, taking advantage of the naivete of a young woman like that. I'm looking at YOU, Dr. Paul Aphek, i'm look at YOU, Justice Baalam..."

Peregrino

Anticipating the elections, the people of the Colony of Peregrino had begun to prepare. An obvious candidate for the Edenist Party was Benjamin Zeror,the Rear-Admiral who was serving as appointed governor. He was greatly admired, and had helped protect the people from the PIF. However he was a trifle uncharismatic, and had been largely focused on administration since taking office.

What was not reckoned upon by him was that Peregrino had until recently been one territory. The border was strong where there were roads, rails, coasts and major air traffic zones, but outside of that, it was like a sieve made up of small lanes, dirt roads, fields, farms, woods and hills. Morever one Peregrinoan looked like another--it was a matter of social degrees, or clothing for that matter.

As Edenists mobilized the anger of the western part of the island into a populist movement of uneducated voters to oust the last of their part of the island's intelligentsia and upper middle classes, those latter were unsure about what to do about it. Should they stand for the Edenists? Should they try to create an opposition? Evacuate the nation?

An emerging oppositional figure was a man called Alexander Clement, who was a business leader in San Marco. He had good connections but was known as a charitable man, an Imperial Church devotee, had been considered a liberal before the civil war. He had begun holding parties and get togethers, just with friends and family, neighbors and colleagues, to discuss the future for Peregrino. One thing he had suggested was discussing reconciliation with the Republic of Peregrino, with more reasonable labour and religious laws that permitted more freedom of religion, a promise of apology for persecution of Edenists by the Peregrino Independence Forces, and a land reform agreement.

"If we were to see one another as brothers, sisters, neighbors of the same ancestry," he remarked when doing a television interview, "We would find that we have a lot more in common with one another than people over up north in Acheron, however well intended they might be, and find that we can make our own country, and be stronger together than apart."

He and his friends had formed what they called the Progressive Peregrino Party. They hoped they could get enough backers across the colony to stand as a local party in the general elections to come. However it came with a price--a general strike organized against his shipping business, which shut down in a day. He stood in his motor pool area, looking at silent neatly arranged trucks and vans, and shook his head. "We have to convince the people that we stand for them best, not the Edenists. We have to find a way..."

Sterry

In Sterry, the strikes were also taking place with the blessings of the Governor. Aurangzeb was known as The Wise among the Haranese, and he was a good friend of General Augrim, the Chief of Army Staff fired by Princess Jocasta. Now that enigmatic man, nicknamed "The Necromancer" was back, on instruction from the acting Minister of Defense, and spoke to the people there.

"O my beloved friends and neighbors, heed my words! The strikes are tolerated but not approved by the Queen. Now I have heard it said that the Queen is mad, yet is that any true impediment to rule? Did not Nebuchadnezzar fall to the ground and eat grass like an ox? Did not David dance in praise of God and so wildly that it shamed his wife, yet honoured the Lord? Nay, forget that the Queen is mad, but consider only this: is she right? We shall see. We shall see after the truce is ended. For now, I call upon my people to turn from the strike to private prayer, for the strikes can be resumed later when the dead are honoured and buried and there is a chance for peace between the royal sisters who so quarrel. Remember it is written: blessed are the peacemakers, for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven."

He was painted as they, he was a man of commanding demeanor, but all was not well in Haran either. There were some who quarreled--who wanted separation from Bara and the rest of Edom, who felt more kinship even with Nalaya than the rest of the country; there were some who wanted simple neutrality and to ignore the foolish Barans; there were some who wanted the ETC, and Augrim and his cronies out and were for Jocasta. There was grumbling in the tea and wine shops against many of those in power.

Hillel

The Prophet had emerged from the wilderness and spoke at last. His hair was wild, his body naked and hairy, and he spoke in a rough raw voice like a wild beast, and people shuddered when they heard him.

"The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying,

Son of man, there were two women, the daughters of one mother:

And they committed whoredoms in Edom; they committed whoredoms in their youth: there were their breasts pressed, and there they bruised the teats of their virginity.

And the names of them were Mara the elder, and Jocasta her sister, and they belonged to the Lord.

And Mara played the harlot when she was unwed; and she doted on her lovers, on the Queen of Cacerta, on even her own flesh and blood...yea, man and woman alike she lay with.

Thus she committed her whoredoms with them, with all them that were the chosen men of Cacerta, of Adiron and the Shrailleeni, and with all on whom she doted: with all their idols she defiled herself.

Neither left she her whoredoms brought from the outer lands: for in her youth they lay with her, and they bruised the breasts of her virginity, and poured their whoredom upon her.

Wherefore I the Lord have delivered her unto madness.

And when her sister Jocasta saw this, her madness, she was more corrupt in her inordinate love than she, and in her whoredoms more than her sister in her whoredoms.

She doted upon the captains and rulers clothed most gorgeously, in their amour of war and their craft of state and their wealth.

For she and her followers court the bankers, the financiers, the wealthy, yea to the rape of their own country as was done in the days of the New Day Party, of King Mark and King James.

And as soon as she saw them in their riches and power with her eyes, she doted upon them, and sent messengers unto them into Shalum, and Ghant, into Novitera and the Imperium.

Even as her sister spread the legs of the flesh, so she spread the thighs of the nation like a whoremonger. And the righteousness of the people she scorned with whips and fire, with smoke and the cudgel, yea with the hard men of foreign lands she laid hard upon the backs of the humble and the poor.

Therefore, O Jocasta , thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will raise up thy lovers against thee, from whom thy mind is alienated, and I will bring them against thee on every side;

For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will deliver thee into the hand of them whom thou hatest, into the hand of them from whom thy mind is alienated:

And they shall deal with thee hatefully, and shall take away all thy labour, and shall leave thee naked and bare: and the nakedness of thy whoredoms shall be discovered, both thy lewdness and thy whoredoms.

I will do these things unto thee, because thou hast gone a whoring after the heathen, and because thou art polluted with their idols.

Thou hast walked in the way of thy sister; therefore will I give her cup into thine hand.

Thus saith the Lord God; Thou shalt drink of thy sister's cup deep and large: thou shalt be laughed to scorn and had in derision; it containeth much.

Thou shalt be filled with drunkenness and sorrow, with the cup of astonishment and desolation, with the cup of thy sister Mara.

Thine only hope is repentance. Before the funeral of Pahath-Moab, thou, Mara, and thou, Jocasta, renounce thy false claim,repent, come naked and on bended knees to Hillel, pray and be shriven, and let the congregation of the Lord choose the new rulers of the nation. If thou dost not, then the Lord says, thou wilt be judged.

And mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity. I will recompense them for the ways and abominations that are in the midst of them, and they shall know that I am the Lord that smiteth!"

Onward Christian Soldiers

Images captured showed Governors of Bara, Lookinghaven, and Teman falling to their knees hearing the speech; vast crowds of protestors cheering, sobbing, tears streaming down their cheeks, waving banners and raising fists.

Shining faces of glad looking Provincial Militia in ranks shouting rhythmically, marching down streets to cheering crowds. People in some cases crossed picket lines to join protestors. Violent brawls broke out in some cases, in others there were glad disrobings. Outcries and arguments broke out in particular in areas where there was a population of Monarchists, ETC and other regional groups.

"I'll take the Monarchists any day over the fucking ETC," growled a Green Party local organizer in Raith Immel.

"I stand by what I said before," said General Augrim firmly. "The Prophet is a holy man, but he is yet but a man. Is it not written, 'who is like unto thee, O Lord?"

And yet they marched.
Last edited by New Edom on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Novitera
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novitera » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:35 pm

Quality Bay

The two women walked through the palace at a brisk pace. Neither took the time to admire the surroundings as each were concentrated on the task at hand. Bridgette could not help but feel apprehensive about this new job. The news in Novitera showed the Edomite government all the time engaged in one conflict or another. It always painted the government in a bad light. Peregrino was one for example. Now she was caught up in what she understood to be some kind of dynastic struggle among other factions vying for power. At the same time, this was exciting. This mattered not that selling smartphones did not. Being involved in politics just seemed that much more important. That in itself was rewarding although thankfully the pay for this job was good too. Roxanne was after all, a private sector contractor. We're here to do a job and get paid. We aren't politicians.

They greeted the tough looking sergeant politely and him lead them through the grand hallways of the Obed Estate. It was warm and Bridgette made a mental note to take off her jacket as soon as possible. When they entered Lalery's room, Bridgette was surprised to find him so casually dressed. She wondered if that was a cultural thing or if he was just in vacation mode.

"Good afternoon Count Lalery. I am Roxanne Mataken. Pleased to finally meet you. Yes, a water please." Said Roxanne at the offer for a beverage.

"I'll have a water as well." Bridgette added.

"And this is my assistant, Bridgette Rowley." Roxanne said. "I hope your trip to Callaban has more pressing issues that require your attention and that it is short. We need to start seeing to your visibility here right away. Along with the government you serve but they are not my primary concern, you are." She stated, jumping to the issue at hand.

It was not the Edomite way to move right into business so quickly. Clearly Roxanne did not care for that at this moment. She wanted Lalery to know that a serious woman stood before him. Ready to get the job done. Hopefully this would also impress upon him the gravity of the situation.

"Is there anything specific you want done by the time you return?" Roxanne asked. "I wanted to discuss with you your publicity goals to get a better idea of where we should be directing our efforts."
Last edited by Novitera on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hutanjia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 28, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hutanjia » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:46 am

THE HIGHWAY JUNCTION
SURPLICE DISTRICT

The HRA soldiers handed off the cuffed, naked protesters to the City militiamen. The trucks were loaded as fast as they could bring them in. They would be taken off to local stations, jails, makeshift detention centers and wherever else they had set up to process the dozens upon hundreds of protesters. Order would be restored. They worked as quickly as they could, but there were a lot of detainees to process.
Those that had run were not pursued.

Injured were tended to by Hutanjian medics and local medical personnel before being shipped off to join their comrades.
A handful of bodies were covered and bagged. A woman with her head smashed in by a CS mortar round as she lay on the road. A couple of protesters who had been clubbed and rifle butted, gone into shock and had their systems shut down. A man rifle butted in the head so hard that his skull had cracked like an egg. He had gone quickly from severe concussion, slipping to coma, then died. An older woman who had suffered a fatal myocardial infarction amid the chaos.

Then the two protesters with fatal gunshot wounds. That was the most troubling. An investigation would happen and ammo loads, and signs of powder residue would be checked on all the soldiers. A much more disturbing possibility was that snipers from rival factions had lurked near the protest area. However, none of the soldiers had been shot at, so that almost, but not entirely, ruled that out. It was possible that the dead protesters were deliberately shot by any faction, including their own, in order to place blame on the Hutanjians. Nothing could be ruled out at this early point.

Colonel Hudagku took the reports, both over the comm net, and in person. Rather than letting his darker mood show, he remained steadfast, giving encouraging words and bolstering his junior officers and NCOs, knowing that it would be passed along to the soldiers of the RCT.

Major Ferdinand Bosamto's GAZ took a winding, but fast course after it left the factory he had set up headquarters at in the industrial area outside the capital. He hung on as it sped towards the Highway Junction to where the Colonel awaited. Upon arrival, he hopped out and saw the Colonel point to the Salamah-BQ command vehicle. As the Colonel climbed aboard, the Major hesitated, then followed.

Colonel Hudagku moved towards the front of the command center APC and pulled down one of the jump seats and then put his elbows upon his knees. He had his hands up to his head and ran his fingers through his short hair. He let out several slow breaths, almost as if he was hyperventilating, but at a leisurely pace. Major Bosamto followed cautiously, pulling down a seat kitty corner from his commander that was part of a console station.
"Sir...We are..."

"I know, this is directly against the protocol that I set up."

"You said it last time we were together, sir. With the two of us in one spot, one lucky round or missile and the unit is practically fatherless...decapitated...I believe those were your words."

"Yes, yes. Fideh! I know my words! I think we're safe for now. They aren't shooting at us."

"There was some shooting today...In the city...And here, from what I heard."

Hudagku acted as if he hadn't heard that last bit.
"I wanted to talk to you face to face. I didn't trust their command net. I needed to...sound some things out."
The Colonel didn't 'sound things out' with Bosamto too often, usually pretty confident and assured. When he did, it meant there was a large amount of doubt and he needed to reaffirm his course.

"What about the special channel?" The special channel had been established before they had arrived in country. It was separated from the other channels they used and the Edomite command net via Unwerth, and networked through their systems entirely differently and through a lower bandwidth. Suspecting that many of their regular channels had been compromised and hacked during training with the 18th Lancers, they had used the 'special channel' to great effect during the OPFOR exercises, pretty confident that it was not compromised.

"I don't trust that either. I just needed to talk to you in person, Freddy."

"OK, well...Here I am in the flesh, Sir." He paused, realizing that he was getting flippant and that the Colonel's mood didn't match.
"Is this about the protests?"

"We killed innocents today, Freddy. New Edomite civilians. That could be the cousins, even brothers and sisters of our Edomite brothers we fought alongside back home. Almost like our own people. Doesn't that bother you?"

"Well, sir...sure, but less than a dozen killed out of potential hundreds, and with troops that aren't properly riot trained? I call that a win. Also, they weren't innocent, they were threatening safety and security. We've done worse to our own Wishtonian people."
Their battalion hadn't been as involved with occupation duties, but the 28th Mechanized Regiment had quelled uprisings on North and West Cardwith.

"It should have been zero deaths. We were being recorded, watched. It will have repercussions." He got to the meat of his argument, "How do we know we're supporting the right side? That this isn't going to come back to haunt us?"

"Because...Chastille said to support Unwerth's forces, the Jocastans. The Queen is infirm in the head. We've seen where that leads before...back home. We had to crack a few eggs as the monarchy became weak and split at the seams."

"Are you saying all this because you believe it, or because that's the official line?"

Bosamto glanced at one of the monitors at the console station. He reached up to fiddle with the resolution knob for the monitor. After a couple seconds, he smiled.
"Much better."

"Freddy!"

His attempts to distract and avoid the question were defeated,
"Well...I'm telling you what you want to hear. What you feel you must believe in, because that is our duty as soldiers and officers, sir. Chastille trusts the General and the Heir. So we trust General Unwerth. That is the official line and the road we have no choice but to take."

"But do you believe it?"

"I believe I am a soldier, sir. My duty lies with this unit and what Chastille tells me to do. Lastly, with my conscious. Also, we have neither seen or met either royal, Mara or Jocasta, personally, to evaluate them ourselves. Who's to say who is infirm? Until we have proof otherwise, we aren't wrong."

"Our job is not to evaluate national leader capability."

"Exactly, sir. We are here to enact policy, not to put our stamp of approval on the leaders who create it. That work was done by our government and our allies. So we must assume. But again, it's not our job to question such things in any case. Right, sir?"

"Very much so, Major. This is what I needed to hear. I think it's more regrets and second thoughts. I have to wonder if we have purposely not been given the full picture by the Jocastan command...by Unwerth."

"He is one of the 'Saviors of Hutanjia'. We have always trusted him before, sir. Why not now?"

"Indeed. Why not now?" Hudagku raised up from his slouch, sitting up straight. "We will carry on the course. How is it coming over there?"

"The key factories and plants are secure. Their Marine company left the power plant with no issues, as we were told they would. The Rangers moved in with a platoon of our combat engineers and found nothing amiss." The Colonel would have heard immediately over the net, if this were not the case.

"Good. I'll let you get back to the men. No sense staying a big juicy target here, eh? Thank you, Major."

"Of course, sir."

The Colonel, mentally refreshed, prepared himself to report back to General Unwerth, as well as later to Chastille, on the days events.
Last edited by Hutanjia on Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anathaat
Attaché

Founded: Apr 09, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Anathaat » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:37 am

Sixington,
Gloria Regis

While the blocking of electronic communications certainly made things difficult for those trying to communicate into or out of Gloria Regis, it did completely prevent it. There were other ways to communicate other than through radio, phone lines, and the myriad of other forms of electronic communications technologies available in the modern age. Low-tech means of communication were every bit as important as the high tech methods of communicating information for anyone belonging to the Sacred Band’s intelligence wing. It was this mix of the old and new that kept the Sacred Band’s leaders in Anathaat up to date on everything that was occurring in one of their zones of interest.

It was through a seemingly convoluted and nonsensical mix of other operatives, local informants and contacts, animals, photographs, articles and ads in print media, music, etc., that both the meeting and meeting location were arranged between Layit and Livia Barberina. At the appointed time of the meeting, Layit leaned against the wall of an old café, her camera around her neck and her amber eyes staring across the street with what seemed an idle gaze. It was a lovely day in the city and a few individuals had even opted to stop in for a leisurely drink despite the uncertainty that hung in the air.

Layit had seen the uneasy and calm and maintaining of routine innumerable times both while she had been serving in a combat capacity and then an as intelligence officer. No matter where in the world she traveled, people always tried to distract themselves from the realities of a world that was often cruel and none too fair. Sometimes the distraction helped people persevere through difficult times while other times it simply held them captive to some hellish status quo. Along with her faith in Anathit, the endlessly fascinating mass of humanity kept Layit from losing the interest and the passion to continue along the path of the priestess.

After a few minutes of waiting, Layit stood straight and snapped a shot of a boy sitting on his father’s shoulders as they walked with smiles spread across their faces and then a shot of an elderly woman in a bright and flowery dress walking a fluffy white toy poodle. Shots taken, Layit then let her camera rest on her bosom. She then walked to a small café table situated under the boughs of tall tree and sat down. She then ordered herself a white coffee and a raspberry tart and looked past the other patrons at what her eyes told her was an approaching Livia Barberina.

Novitera
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Novitera » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:33 pm

To: Anonymous
Subject: Assets in Padan-Aran

Working on gaining an asset on the staff of Mara's government in Padan-Aran. Close to Elijah. Wants money. Please send 10,000 UFD.

Subject: Counterintelligence AIS

Following AIS Operatives in Fineberg. Identified several. Meet in our usual spot for pictures.

Subject: Comm Officer
Encryption: Moderat

Secured asset. Comm officer for 3rd Air Division (loyal to Mara). Wants Noviteran citizenship for himself and family. Can you secure?

Subject: ANBC

Observing Chris Olsen. Eliminate?

Subject: Counterintelligence FDI

Several FDI Operatives identified. Left pictures in the dead drop.

Subject: Counterintelligence STG

Several STG Operatives identified. Left pictures in the dead drop.

Subject: RE: ANBC

Hold for now.

Subject: Funding

Deal to fund hostile ETC around Padan-Aran finalized. Transfer first payment in two days through shell corp.

Subject: Mara

Can you get close enough then away?

Subject: Inquisition

Inquisition station chief in Fineberg will cooperate.

Subject: Ministry of Health Asset

Asset in MOH close to getting Queen's medical file. Will keep you updated.

Novitera
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Novitera » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:39 pm

Avantine, State of Soletrek, Novitera
FIS Headquarters, Earlier

A campus of buildings sat a few miles from the Executive Center. All of it outside of the main metropolitan area to give the government some distance. On one of the top floors was the Prime Director's office. Mason Dalach decorated the room with pictures of his family. There was his teenage son playing football for the local high school and daughter, performing at a piano recital. Parker was examining the photos when Mason came in. Most likely Mason purposefully kept him waiting. The Prime Director of the FIS entered looking refreshed yet irritated at the same time. That was not helped by Parker's own satisfied expression. Following behind Mason was Merril Daiki. A short but sprightly woman in her late forties. Hair cropped tastefully short, the wrinkles had gotten to her from a lifetime of stress. The pressures of work may have taken its toll on her complexion but her mind was still sharp.

Mason took a seat behind his desk. Merril and Parker in the two seats in front of it. "It's time to make a move." Parker said to them all.

"We've been making moves Parker. When something of note comes up, we'll let you know. New Edom is hot right now. Every intelligence agency is there competing." Merril stated plainly.

Mason cleared his throat. "AIS, FDI, Shraileeni Intelligence, STG, the Inquisition...we have to tread carefully. They are certainly expecting us nefarious Noviterans to be up to something."

Parker adjusted his glasses then look at both Parker and Merril. "That's what I'm hoping for. Lalery's visit to San Crispiano was public enough to not go unnoticed yet quiet enough to be suspicious. No statements were made and it was not an official state visit." He could tell they were not following. "If there's one thing I learned working here all those years ago, it's that every intelligence agency only has so many resources and so much time. They operate on a budget like every other organization in the world. I have a proposed a plan that Trask wants you to implement." Parker said then handed them each a folder.

They took some time in silence to look it over. Merril got the gist of it first. "So, a disinformation campaign?" She asked, liking the idea. Parker nodded in response. "Bringing Lalery to Novitera, that was all so you could set this up? Get everyone raising their eyebrows and looking into us?" Merril continued.

"A bonus. We needed to speak to Lalery anyways. They'll be watching us so let's give them something to watch. Have them chase down false leads to draw their resources away from the things that matter." Parker answered.

"And how long does Trask want us to do this for?" Mason asked.

Right away Parker answered. "Until they figure it all out and think the Outfit is nothing but a club for wannabe spies that can only blow smoke. After they've wasted plenty of effort doing so that is." That made Mason grin for a moment.

"And what if they figure it out but keep their eye on us?" Merril asked.

"Then we'll have our ruses in place to hide the real operations. Don't you think it is wise to make the playing field more favorable first?" Parker asked in return rhetorically.

Mason was flipping through the pages of the plan. It was mostly bullet points. Clearly up to him and Merril to come up with the finer points. Of course Parker would offer his help but Mason did not want him involved in agency affairs anymore than he had to be. "This presents another opportunity as well to draw them out. Identify their operatives and build dossiers."

Parker pointed at Mason to express his approval. A conclusion that he was leading Mason to all along.

New Edom

In implementing the new effort by the FIS to obfuscate, misdirect and disinform, operatives began setting up operations all over New Edom that seemed suspicious but in the end accomplished nothing. First, operatives left the embassy and their hotels to drive around the streets of Fineberg. All them took the necessary precautions they would when meeting a contact. Switching cabs, driving around for at least an hour and making arbitrary stops for food and drink. They left flash drives at dead drops full of fabricated files. If no one came to steal them, other operatives would pick them up. They acted cautiously but pretended to be oblivious to any counterespionage occurring.

The FIS set up suspicious "charities" in Padan-Aran and Fineberg, buying up physical office spaces for their people to seemingly operate out of. It would give competing agencies something to survey. Inside, agents left laptops with manufactured intelligence in safes when they were gone. People at the Directorate of Intelligence thought it good fun to be creative in conjuring up intelligence files from nothing that pertained to the situation at hand. The trick was mixing in what was fact to create fiction to make it all the more believable. For example, dossiers of real Edomites who the FIS had no designs on were kept on their computers. At the same time a number of shell corporations were set up in New Edom, Novitera and Callaban. Money was shuffled around between them and their books were kept slightly off balance to set off alarms. Within certain points the money was changed into cash, held at casinos in Novitera before being put back into the loop.

Finally, the FIS used signals intelligence. Transmissions communicating messages of operations or intelligence from assets that did not actually exist. Many of them were sent from operatives who knew they were being surveyed. It was all part of campaign to get them all to chase nothing. See dangers and threats where they did not exist. A black hole for which they all could pour their resources.
Last edited by Novitera on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Shalum
Minister

Postby Shalum » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:13 pm

Brepor Femkork Memorial Airport, Concordia
Maldorian Province, Southwestern Shalum

Concordia was both the capital, and largest city in Maldoria, with a population that had finally surpassed the four-hundred thousand a couple of years prior. It was here that much of the province's industrial centers could be found, as hard working citizens spent long hours in factories producing things like consumer goods, and even some types of cheaper cars that would end up being sold around Shalum as a whole upon completion. Generally speaking, things were better here than in the rest of the country. Houses were better kept, buildings more modern, jobs more plentiful, not to mention somewhat of a vibrant and attractive nightlife--which many smaller cities lacked, in fact. Every year, things were getting a bit better here as time went on, so much so that Concordia had made it to the top twenty list of fastest-developing metropolitan areas in the Democratic States.

As it turned out, the airport on that could be found outskirts of Concordia, was the only one in the entire province that was large enough to handle large passenger and military planes, other than the one airbase operated by the provincial military, anyways. Even so, however, the airport in question, which had been named for Brepor Femkork the first governor of Maldoria, was not the largest hub of activity when compared to somewhere like Aragon or Frankfurt. Sure, planes came and went, bringing and ferrying away tourists and businessmen, but the place was never operating at full capacity.

It was during a lull of activity that a formation of six Edomite CSM Strategic Airlifters were given the approval to land, one at a time of course. As the planes came in, they certainly caught a few glances from the airport staff on duty, as well as the few people who were at the airport for one reason or another, all of whom had grown more accustom to private jets and small passenger planes, not the goliath aircraft that were the Airlifters. If anyone was to ask, the ignorant airport employees had been told by some MLA sympathizers that the provincial military was going to be conducting military drills this particular day, and that there was nothing to be worried about. This explanation seemed to sate the curiosity of those present, who may have watched for a bit longer as the Airlifters taxied over to where they had been told, before they eventually wandered off and back to whatever they had been doing before.

"Alright people, lets get moving, day light is burning!" Captain Damak Dhaccarok barked at his men, who had been waiting patiently off to the side while they waited for their Edomite rides to arrive. Apparently, word had finally come back from Fineberg, and a general loyal to Jocasta by the name of Unwerth, had been kind enough to send a detachment of airforce units loyal to him down south to assist with the transit the loyalist MLA forces. The Edomites were more than welcome to do so, of course, and because they had offered such assistance, the Maldorian forces would be able to reach New Edom in less than half of the time originally anticipated by the mission planners.

All around them, men and machine began to move forward to ready for their departure, bedecked in armor and weapons on them, whether they were in hand or thrown over the shoulder with the assistance of a strap. Some of them were young and less experienced, while others were older and seen their fare share of the fighting. One of the most interesting things on display, was that they were all in matching uniforms and had matching weapons, something that was a rarity among the revolutionary soldiers more often than not. Instead of the normal rag-tag shirts and jeans, these men were in rather new looking urban camouflage fatigues. The assault rifles they carried had been made by Commoners, the reliable AR Fortgeschritten as it was, along with Commoner made Stinger submachine guns, combat shotguns, sniper rifles, light machine guns, and even heavier things like the Sturm anti-material rifle and a small number of rocket launchers that could take down enemy armored vehicles. It had certainly taken the MLA a fair amount of time to gather this assortment of weaponry, that was for sure.

"Holy shit, its a goddamn plane! I've only seen these things on TV before!" Private Sorag Pammohan shouted, tone laced with a childlike excitement as his squad neared one of the CSM Airlifters. Surprisingly, this wasn't a unique sentiment among the militiamen present. Many of them came from countryside villages or small towns away from the hustle and bustle of city life. In those parts, the only aircraft that could be considered regular sights were provincial army attack helicopters on patrol or engaging in training operations.

Lieutenant Brothan Krac'festar laughed and patted the younger man on the back. He looked a bit different than when he had been at the bar last. His beard had gotten a proper trim in preparation for the departure, his raven hair cut shorter, and most important he had thoroughly cleaned himself up. His skin was no longer covered with coal dust, nor was it under his nails. "You haven't seen anything yet, Sorag. We haven't even left yet. Now go on, and help the men load up. The faster we get that done, the sooner the real journey begins." He ordered. The younger man smiled and quickly ran off to join those who were already hard at work loading up the planes with supplies, mostly rations and ammunition. There were hopes that the Edomites would spare food and ammo when they arrived, of course, but none of them were quite sure what the situation would be when they got to New Edom.

"Alright lads, be careful with this stuff, its expensive and we don't want to damage the plane!" An authoritative voice barked out from among the throngs of soldiers. As he did so, a group of four Maldorian soldiers, along the the Edomite loadmasters, were tentatively guiding a Fuchs fast attack vehicle into one of the Airlifters, with a Puma wheeled APC waiting for its own turn. Because the Maldorian Liberation Army had a hard time getting their hands on heavier gear and weapons, they often had to make do with lighter stuff, which helped them in a way, as it allowed them to make hit and run strikes.

This would go on for a while, as moving close to three-thousand armed soldiers and their respective equipment was no easy task. Weapons had to be loaded and properly stored along with supplies. What vehicles they were bringing along had to be cautiously loaded and secured, lest some sort of accident happen. But with time, everything would be complete, and the Maldorian war machine would be ready to head out to a foreign nation for the first time in history. There was excitement among them, as there was a good deal nervousness. Many of them had combat experience, but against Shalumites and some Azzies, and they didn't quite know what Edomite mettle was made of, as a result.

When the planes finally began to roll down the runway, Captain Damak Dhaccarok said a small prayer to whomever may have been listening, and then turned his head to look at Brothan. "Well my friend, settle in and get some rest. It will be a while before we get to Fineberg." He said, before shifting in his seat. All around him, he could hear men murmuring about things, and he doubted that he would get any real sleep, but there was a chance to, and he would try and take it.

Allamunnic States
Diplomat

Postby Allamunnic States » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:45 pm

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Roan
Ainslynd, Allamunnic States

"Well, ladies and gents, the shit just hit the fan," Andrik Filius announced as he walked into the conference room, followed by an assistant carrying a number of files. Filius grabbed a remote and flipped on the television to the channel assigned to ANBC in Roan. What appeared on the screen caused a number of groans and angry murmurs around the room. The sight of the violent, if allegedly "non-lethal" dispersal of crowds of protesters was a worrying and dismaying one for multiple reasons.

But then it got worse. Looking several of them dead in the eye, Andrik flipped the channel to one where Prophet Under's sermon was being broadcast. He heard one of the women in the room sigh and growl "that motherfucker," which was not quite the nastiest thing he heard being murmured either. He folded his arms while they heard the word "whoredom" an unusually-high number of times. Maybe the guy has some kind of complex or something, Filius thought irritably. He started passing out the files around the table.

"As you might also see, the General's message to the government of Queen Mara, which, as you may know, is the one our own government is recognizing as legitimate, received a reply. Now, most of it is the usual diplomatic stuff, thanking him for well-wishes and the like, but we also received a request for diplomatic aid, in trying to help either sway other nations to remain neutral or, hopefully, fall in line with us in recognition of one government over another. Additionally, we will be working with the FDI to help keep the head of this government, Prince Admiral Elijah Shalmaneser, apprised of developments in Novitera, Hutanjia, and Shalum, since all three have either declared for the Princess Jocasta's government, or are remaining out of the diplomatic fray for now."

Filius stood there for a moment, waiting for the words to sink in. Although he certainly was not an intimidating man, he certainly looked very official at the moment, in a clean-cut tailored black suit with a tie to match, slightly-graying blond hair combed back neatly, and his handsome features in a neutral expression, no particular emotion visible except determination to do his job. Although Minister of Foreign Affairs was in a lot of ways a political appointment, the Directorship and Assistant Directorship, the latter held by Filius, were certainly not, and he took his job seriously.

"So. I need four people to start drafting letters, one to the Emperor of Rome, one to the leadership of Draconia, one to Chancellor Adenauer, and another to the Imperium. I need three of you to get in touch with the relevant station chiefs in Novitera, Shalum, and Hutanjia, and find out what they know, and the best way to transmit that information to the Queen's government. And I need one of you to draft a letter to the Heir's government, urging her to cooperate in negotiation and peaceful resolution to the current crisis." He looked around the room counting eight people total besides himself and the accompanying assistant.

"Let's see... Skrymgur, on Rome. Gaarrutlunn, on Draconia, Lindstrum, on Vyrsar, and..." he looked around, trying to remember which of them was the best at parsing their words and maintaining tact. "Knudle, on the Imperium. And please be careful with that one. Last I checked, we're not exactly on great terms with Arbites, so be careful with the wording on that one." He started indicating other staff, then. "Haarburg, get in touch with the station chief in Novitera. Ulryk, I want you to get in touch with the station chief in Shalum. Aaand... Kaarlsunn, get in touch with our embassy in Hutanjia. Junnlunn, I'm putting you on the letter to the Heir's government. That leaves..." he looked to the only person left who he had not assigned duties to, a younger woman who he knew was a more-recent hire. "Eriksunn, I want you to draft a letter to the appropriate authorities in Ossoria, asking them to put the detachment at RON Bronnsburg on alert, to possibility assist our own navy if things should get worse in Ghant. The last thing we need is a bunch of self-important Ghantish nobles making things worse in New Edom." Eriksunn nodded. "Alright, let's get on them. We need those letters done by about 4:00pm, folks, so that they can be wired before close of business for most of these places," he said.
Political Compass

Cacerta
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Cacerta » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:12 pm

Il Regno Di Cacerta
Ufficio della Regina

To: Prince Elijah Shalmaneser
Subject: RE: Assistance
Encryption: Extremely High
Your Highness,

I have no doubt all of the events that have characterized her life have finally begun to show their impact -- I understand what it must feel like to become a ruler at such an unintentionally young age, in that regard the Queen and I can relate closely. I sincerely hope that if she is to come to my Kingdom that it can be for her betterment.

I have discussed your request to move our forces towards Harbourtown and am pleased to inform you that it has been granted. The 3rd Amphibious Strike Fleet is making their way there now and should arrive sometime late tonight. The 1st Carrier Strike Fleet and 5th Battleship Strike Fleet have also been dispatched to supplement our naval forces already present. I pray this is sufficient.

May the Wise Wolf Protect!
Anelyn Trento
Queen of the Kingdom of Cacerta
Last edited by Cacerta on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:49 pm

Subject: DI

Chatter from Tuesday 3. Stand by.

Subject: RE: DI

Tuesday 3 proceeding according to plan. B&S.

Subject: Wire

Asset in place near Tango Tango, moved from Sierra Hotel. Will remain on notice.

Subject: Designation

Vantage points near Romeo 3-7 and Whiskey 8-8 located.

Subject: Drop

Tango Tango, drop 7722.

Subject: (None)

Possible compromise. Consider revision, incubate.
Last edited by Hittanryan on Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In-character name of the nation is "Adiron," because I like the name better.

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:39 pm

Shrailleeni Embassy,
Fineberg, New Edom

Ambassador Katara had started sleeping poorly. The situation in New Edom seemed to change by the hour, and with each change came uncountable adaptations to Shrailleeni foreign policy. The Foreign Minister was keeping a close watch on the situation, which only made her job more difficult as she squirmed in the spotlight placed upon her. Most of the time Shrailleeni ambassadors were expected to make their own decisions with only moderate oversight from the Imperial government. Now every letter that she received needed to be relayed to Imperial City, ever decision she made second-guessed and forced to run through fires. She was attempting to calm her thoughts with prayer and meditation, spending a great deal of time in the embassy shrine. It helped, somewhat, but it seemed like only a short time before anxieties began to creep upon her once again.

Now she was preparing for her next task, a pair of letters to be sent both to the Heir Jocasta and to Prince Elijah Shalmeneser on behalf of Queen Mara. She had just ended a conference call with the Foreign Minister, who had updated her on the situations in Gloria Regis and in Imperial City. It seemed that Her Enlightened Majesty had come to a decision regarding New Edom, a decision based around the needs of Gloria Regis as well as an interpretation of Shrailleeni honor code and international policy which left very little room for hesitation.

In war, Shrailleeni culture dictated that before any conflict began the first act of a warrior should always be to extend an unarmed hand in peace. If the peace was accepted, then all would be forgiven and honor maintained. If refused, it was the duty of a Shrailleeni warrior to demonstrate to the enemy why peace was preferable. Katara was now placed in the position of offering that hand in peace, the last hand. Such was her duty, and her curse.

Before composing these letters, though, she wished to ensure that she had a full understanding of the situation. Much had happened, Fineberg was now in the control of forces loyal to Jocasta while Mara's government had retreated to Padan-Aran. Shrailleeni on the streets of Fineberg reported that the protests had been violently broken up by both Guardsmen and forces belonging to Hutanjia. The situation was dark.

"We have heard reports from Shrailleeni throughout the country that the End Times Church has issued demonstrations and an ultimatum," her diplomatic officer specializing in ETC studies was saying. "The Prophet has issued some kind of proclamation, asking Mara and Jocasta to come to Hillel, step down from power, and give rule of the nation entirely to the ETC. We all know that the ETC and its fanatical militias are dangerous, but there seems to be some popularity for the idea in Bara, Lookinghaven, and Teman. There has been no response from either Mara's officials nor Jocasta yet, but it can be assumed that this news weighs heavily on their minds."

The conference room was designed to seem larger than it actually was, walls and ceiling sloped to emulate natural formations and well lit. Even so, it seemed very close to Katara at the moment. Another of her diplomatic staff spoke up.

"The protests in Fineberg have been fairly crushed, by a combination of Jocasta's forces and their Shalumite and Hutanjian allies. It is safe to say that Jocasta has control of the city, but the truce arranged by Prince Elijah seems to be holding for the time being. The funeral is likely to be held as planned, it is not considered likely that the ETC will attempt to disrupt them."

"And Mara and the interim government have evacuated to Padan-Aran safely?" Katara asked, breathing steadily.

"Yes, by all accounts, as you know Ambassador."

Katara let out a long breath, her eyes running over the soothing lines of the room.

"Prince Elijah has only asked for our aid in diplomacy regarding Gloria Regis, and to recognize the truce. Do we believe that he and Mara's government are ready for what our actions may entail?"

"With all due respect Ambassador," one of her diplomats responded, his eyes low, "there may be only one way to find out."

An Official Message from the Enlightened Matriarchy of the Shrailleeni Empire

On behalf of Her Enlightened Majesty the Mother Empress Chella Resyanna fe Shrailleen,
With the advisement of the Queens, Matriarchs, and Minister of the Royal Court
Dictated by Ambassador Katara Telta fe Vangarra

To Her Royal Highness the Princess Jocasta, Heir of Edom,

I bring you the greeting of Her Enlightened Majesty the Mother Empress Chella Resyanna fe Shrailleen, who hopes to be in attendance at the funeral scheduled to be held within the next few days. As you know it is rare for the Mother Empress to leave the Home Islands for any occasion, but Her Enlightened Majesty insists that it is her duty to pay the respects of the Shrailleeni people to the departed President Pahath-Moab and the other victims of the stadium tragedy. With forces loyal to Your Royal Highness in control of Fineberg, I have been asked to ensure that proper security will be provided for this occasion given Her Enlightened Majesty's presence.

I wish that these sentiments, and the somber occasion of the coming proceedings, could form the heart of this missive. As it stands I have also been entrusted to bring to your attention a number of practical concerns on behalf of the Shrailleeni government, regarding recent events and Your Royal Highness's current policies.

First, it is my duty to bring to Your Royal Highness's attention the Shrailleeni stance on the current events taking place in Gloria Regis. The Imperial government is aware that you have designated the oppositional movement in Gloria Regis to constitute an illegal rebellion, and intend to or have ordered a military solution. It is the opinion of Her Enlightened Majesty and of the Royal Court that the movement in Gloria Regis, that which has seized control of the islands and which has re-established the Protectorate government under the auspices of last year's referendum, is operating through a legitimate expression of rights and needs of the governed.

It is the intention of the Shrailleeni Empire to recognize the right of Gloria Regis to shape its own destiny as an independent legal entity, and I may inform you that the countries of the Sisterhood of Nations shall follow the Empire in this decision. This decision has been made in accordance with the legality of last year's referendum, and in accordance with information which suggests that the turmoil that followed was in fact the work of malicious foreign entities. It is the hope of the Mother Empress that you will rescind the order to subjugate the islands by force, and that you will concede to negotiations with the Protectorate in order to establish the future of Gloria Regis and New Edom in a manner satisfactory to all parties.

Next, I am to inform Your Royal Highness that certain of the policies made on your behalf within the last few days have caused no small amount of concern to Her Enlightened Majesty. I ask you to understand that we Shrailleeni are slow to change, even as we contemplate modernizing our government today the process shall be methodical and well-reasoned. I say this, because your recent decision to strip many of the former interim government from their positions is seen as deeply unwise to my own government. These women and men have years of experience in governance and foreign policy, and more importantly the Shrailleeni government is familiar with them and their competence. Her Enlightened Majesty sees their removal, as well as Your Royal Highness's apparent takeover for Her Majesty Queen Mara Obed, as somewhat disturbing.

I therefore ask on behalf of Her Enlightened Majesty that Your Royal Highness consider an extension of the truce to which you have already agreed. It is asked by the Shrailleeni Empire that you agree to a truce with the Protectorate of Gloria Regis, and consent to negotiations regarding their sovereignty. It is also suggested that Your Royal Highness enter negotiations with the government appointed by Her Majesty Queen Mara, led currently by Prince Elijah Shalmaneser, as well as with the End Times Church in order to fairly and compassionately negotiate an agreement for the future of New Edom's governance, as Your Royal Highness's family did at the conclusion of the most recent Civil War. The Empire of Shrailleen would be extremely grieved to see the details of that conflict relived for want of simple and honorable discussion among differing parties.

With the light of the Mother Goddess, and Her Compassion and Understanding,

Ambassador Katara Telta fe Vangarra,
On behalf of Her Enlightened Majesty the Mother Empress Chella Resyanna fe Shrailleen

An Official Message from the Enlightened Matriarchy of the Shrailleeni Empire

On behalf of Her Enlightened Majesty the Mother Empress Chella Resyanna fe Shrailleen,
With the advisement of the Queens, Matriarchs, and Minister of the Royal Court
Dictated by Ambassador Katara Telta fe Vangarra

To His Highness Prince Elijah Shalmaneser, and,
To Her Majesty Queen Mara Obed,

Her Enlightened Majesty sends her well-wishes and earnest prayers, and hopes to find both you as well as the former ministers of the interim government in good health and spirits honorably kept. It is the intention of the Mother Empress to attend the funeral of former President Perrin Pahath-Moab in person, in order to convey her respects as well as those of the Shrailleeni people to him and to all lost in the tragedy. I have already contacted Her Royal Highness the Princess Jocasta in order to see to arrangements regarding the truce in Fineberg and security therein.

Unfortunately, it is not only for state preparations to which I write to you this day.

To begin, I confess that I was deeply moved by the wisdom and consideration that Prince Elijah Shalmaneser conveyed when speaking of the recent events which have taken place in Gloria Regis. The Shrailleeni government has suspected for some time that the assassination of the former Nelson Smith was the result of foul play, although we have been absent of any evidence to prove this so. Considering this, as well as the results of last year's referendum, the Her Enlightened Majesty and the Royal Court have come to the decision that Gloria Regis has the right to determine its own course from a perspective of independent sovereignty. The Shrailleeni Empire will be supporting this position, as will the countries of the Sisterhood of Nations, as negotiations go forward. With this in mind you have the respect and thanks of Her Enlightened Majesty for offering the people of Gloria Regis their right to self-determination.

That being the case, it should also be said that the leadership of Gloria Regis has made indications that it would like to come to an agreement with New Edom regarding the future of its connection and involvement within the Allied States. The Shrailleeni government would be honored to aid in mediations toward a ceasefire, and toward all negotiations following. In the meantime, the Empire will convey the wisdom and understanding of your government to that of Gloria Regis and advise the Protectorate to agree to the ceasefire and to temporary joint sovereignty until such as time as discussions can take place. This shall be done with the understanding that Gloria Regis negotiates from a position of self-determination.

More pressingly, I write to you with great concerns from Her Enlightened Majesty regarding the policies of Her Royal Highness, Princess Jocasta. The Shrailleeni government is extremely uncomfortable with several of her recent actions and policy decisions. The removal of several prominent members of the interim government from power has been taken by many in the Royal Court to constitute a troublingly rash action, as these are women and men with whom the Empire has dealt for many years and whose experience and governing policies are known. In addition, the Empire is aware that forces loyal to Her Royal Highness have violently subdued protestors in Fineberg with the aid of foreign forces loyal to the Heir.

I have written to Her Royal Highness recently, asking her to uphold the principles of the truce which has been established and to enter negotiations with yourselves and with the End Times Church, which has been staging troubling and large protests across New Edom with very vocal views. I have also asked the Princess to rescind her policy toward Gloria Regis, which is far less honorable and compassionate than your own. While I have done so, it is my fear as well as the fear of Her Enlightened Majesty and the Royal Court that the Princess is moving toward a repetition of the events which resulted in the most recent Civil War. I await her response on the matters which I have detailed to you, but I am moved to relay to you some questions regarding the future.

Should the Heir refuse to grant a cease-fire and amnesty to Gloria Regis as you have, and should she refuse to attempt negotiations toward a peaceful resolution of the political turmoil which is arising in this country, and should Your Majesty Queen Mara, Your Highness Prince Elijah, and the members of the now-outlawed interim government continue to stand for the people of New Edom and the principles of the interim government and future democratic elections in defiance of Princess Jocasta's orders, the Empire shall find itself in the position of supporting Queen Mara's legitimacy as Head of State. This support shall be conditional upon the fulfillment of your promises, namely to seek a respect and negotiation with Gloria Regis, to continue to follow the interim policies of Perrin Pahath-Moab's government, and to hold elections as scheduled. I ask on behalf of Her Enlightened Majesty, does this course seem reasonable to Your Majesty and His Highness? Should the unthinkable occur, would you accept the Shrailleeni Empire's fulfillment of the New Edomite-Shrailleeni Mutual Defense Agreement to the greatest extent possible by the Shrailleeni Imperial Armed Forces?

I await your response, with the Compassion of the Mother of All,

Ambassador Katara Telta fe Vangarra,
On behalf of Her Enlightened Majesty the Mother Empress Chella Resyanna fe Shrailleen
Last edited by The Shrailleeni Empire on Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
أدرس اللغة العربية وهي لغة جميلة
Mother of One, Mother of All
Ask Me Anything IC
Come to the Mother's Embrace
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:07 pm

Shrailleeni Stage 4 Task Force
Dressanna, Republic of Dengali

The Shrailleeni Imperial Ship Chella Resyanna floated a few miles offshore of the naval base at Dressanna, holding its position while the rest of the fleet refueled and resupplied. It sat on the horizon as a hazy reminder that this was no joke, the Stage 4 Task Force would soon be on its way to the Straight of Nalaya and from there to waters controlled by the Allied States of New Edom. The mood on board the aircraft carrier was reserved, but not somber. The women and men of the Imperial Navy would do their duty and obey orders, which was all that Fleet Matriarch Haydreth needed them to do.

They had cleared the international waters that the Ossorians had declared their zone of special influence without any difficulties, despite the Fleet Matriarch's paranoia. It seemed that the Ossorians could be trusted to hold to their word, as the Shrailleeni ships had not even been hailed.

Now they had reached Dengali, the fleet would be greatly expanded into a proper task force. While the Empire did not wish to pull any of the elements of its Battlegroup from Dengali, the presence of which was currently pivotal to events there, it was willing to reassign most of the elements of its naval force to this more pressing concern. As such, the Chella Resyanna would now be accompanied by two cruisers, three destroyers, and six frigates adapted for anti-air, anti-missile, and anti-submarine defense. They would also sail alongside four Divinus-class submarines, and the Fleet Matriarch had been informed that two Tenskwatawa-class nuclear submarines were already in operation in international waters within 100 km of the New Edomite EEZ. It would be the largest fleet deployment since the Bratoslovoukian War, and the nature of their mission had many of the Shrailleeni personnel on edge.

The Fleet Matriarch was having the crew of her flagship practice flight drills, launching AWACS and fighters and having them fly around a perimeter. The drills were simple, but necessary if the crew was to be expected of smooth operation in a combat situation. Once the fleet was fully refueled and resupplied, they would make way for the Straight of Nalaya.

The Fleet Matriarch looked out over the flight deck, her eyes narrowed in the intense Dengali sun. She was an old warrior, and knew the calm before the storm when she saw it. For all the talk of peace that she knew was going on at home, she also knew that the Mother Empress wouldn't deploy a force that she didn't intend to use.
أدرس اللغة العربية وهي لغة جميلة
Mother of One, Mother of All
Ask Me Anything IC
Come to the Mother's Embrace
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:03 pm

Sixington, Gloria Regis

By now, everyone in the city knew there was a rebellion. A lot of them were reluctant to go to work or do anything normal. For many ordinary citizens, Sixington was just their home, and they were afraid. People went to be with families; they began trying to buy up everything in the grocery stores. City Militia under the Feminist banner had already taken over from the soldiers as well as the security force from the naval base. Those who supported Feminism and Communism were glad to see them; others were wary and started to avoid going out unless they had to. The arrest of Falco particularly disturbed wealthier citizens.

For Zephaniah Petronius, who worked at Triton Catch, one of the largest food processing companies in the city, it was mostly just really upsetting. He lived the New Edomite equivalent of a comfortable middle class lifestyle, with his wife, four kids, and his widowed mother who helped with housework and the kids, and he was under a lot of pressure as a computer tech to keep the factory going. Until recently he had been just adapting to the issues of martial law--but hadn't minded. It was normal at least; he didn't like seeing soldiers everywhere, but on the other hand there was less street crime and things were orderly. His neighborhood had no more political brawls. His family were Lecks but they were surrounded by ETC on one side, Feminists on the other.

His big concerns had been about that; his oldest son,who was 9,being picked on at school for his Leck haircut, and lack of body paint or not knowing any feminist jargon. When on special holidays he went to school wearing a one-piece, he got mocked for wearing clothes by one group, mocked for having too much money by others. He had only recently found out, to his dismay, his son having told him that when they moved he had to be brave, so he had just sucked it up. That still brought tears to his eyes. His wife felt isolated and had to go several blocks to be with other Leck families, and hated shopping in their area.

Now his greatest fear was that when he went to the grocery market they'd be shoved aside by neighbors who had never liked them anyway. And then what would happen? But it seemed okay, and in fact he was able to buy flour, canned milk, and a lot of preserved food and managed to then wheel his rented cart home. Maybe things would be alright after all. It was weird--when he was a teenager, the Lecks had ruled the Protectorate under the benevolent eye of King Mark I's government in Fineberg. Now everything was different, everything was shaking on the shelf, ready to tumble.

Livia Barberina glanced at a Leck man in a one piece jumpsuit pushing a four wheeled cart down the street full of groceries, it looked like. She snorted to herself; the Lecks had been insular, had hoarded their wealth and education and lorded it over everyone. Her parents had been Lecks. Their snooty little sharp haircuts, their private decadence, their weird agnostic approach to Christianity, their willingness to back foreign money and foreign governments. Now they'd have to adapt or move out. Just look at him with that expensive dolley/cart machine, all that food, those expensive sandals. She resolutely went into the cafe and smiled at Layit, her heart beating, her lips seeming to moisten of their own accord. Sisterly love swelled in her breast and she took her hands warmly.

"We have come to this point, and I call it good," she said. "Welcome, welcome, welcome. Things are teetering on the brink--we are at the tipping point. But I am discourteous...I thank you for your birthday gift, and I am glad you will take tea with me." sitting down, smoothing her flowing light green gown beneath her slender body as she sat,her long hair flowing down around her thin shoulders and past to the middle of her back,she looked happily at Layit and waited for her to speak.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents