NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC IX [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:35 pm

Highfort wrote:Take care, Swith!

Does anyone know where their characters will be in around 12 IRL hours? I want to start interacting with other people but other than the communal kitchen and some adventure that I opted-out of I don't know where everyone else is.

I'm going to send a char who's gonna be joining Sep on Swith's story.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:36 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:I'm going to send a char who's gonna be joining Sep on Swith's story.

Would it be fine if I sent a character along? I didn't ask Swith, and considering she's not here right now, is it too late?

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:38 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:I'm going to send a char who's gonna be joining Sep on Swith's story.

Would it be fine if I sent a character along? I didn't ask Swith, and considering she's not here right now, is it too late?

Ask Cer.

I believe it's going to be small, however, so I don't think more characters will be allowed.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:39 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:Ask Cer.

I believe it's going to be small, however, so I don't think more characters will be allowed.

Well, alright. It'd give me something to do at least. I'll ask him though.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:55 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:Ask Cer.

Well, alright. It'd give me something to do at least. I'll ask him though.

Aren't you running a story?
mumblemumblemumble

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:20 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:Aren't you running a story?

Just the minor event, but nothing in the long run until Bran's story, which I'm waiting until summer break to do so I have a large amount of time.

Highfort
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:38 am

If you guys want to join the team and Ceril approves, I'd be glad to meet with you so we can discuss plans.
First as tragedy, then as farce

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:45 am

Highfort wrote:If you guys want to join the team and Ceril approves, I'd be glad to meet with you so we can discuss plans.

He already approved me. :p
Last edited by Tiltjuice on Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
mumblemumblemumble

Highfort
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:01 am

Tiltjuice wrote:
Highfort wrote:If you guys want to join the team and Ceril approves, I'd be glad to meet with you so we can discuss plans.

He already approved me. :p

Excellent. I'll have Sep meet whomever you're sending tomorrow morning, then.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:31 am

Highfort wrote:Excellent. I'll have Sep meet whomever you're sending tomorrow morning, then.

Sounds like a plan.

I sent Chrys to the lobby.
Last edited by Tiltjuice on Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
mumblemumblemumble

Highfort
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:04 am

One last one-shot to end the day, since I can't sleep.

No Exit

"You're asking me to go out there?" Septimus gave Brutus an incredulous look as he peered out at the planet, the star growing dangerously close as it shed its outer layers.

Andropoles-II was a red giant and had been for quite some time. The civilizations that inhabited its three orbiting planets were not in any shape to colonize their own galaxies, having barely reached the equivalent of 21st century Terran technology. In short, if they were not evacuated to more friendly, hospitable worlds, they would surely perish at the hands of their dying sun.

The Confederation had offered aid to the inner two planets, both of which had accepted, their numerous civilizations putting aside their differences for once in their bloody histories to seek shelter on calmer shores. Only one planet remained. Andropoles Megara, the hugest of them all. The civilizations of Megara considered themselves special in this regard. They refused to believe their time had come. The sun that had nourished their ancestors was not dying. It would continue to nourish them.

"What other choice do we have?" Brutus shook his head as he peered down at the blue and green planet, its physiology reminding him much of Terra, "Their global temperature average has already risen by five degrees Celsius. They're out of time, and they won't admit it."

"And what makes you think they'll listen to me?" Septimus let out an exasperated breath, "They can't even agree amongst themselves to leave."

"Well I didn't select you to be our newest member because I thought you were handsome," Brutus shoved him into the little landing craft with a pat on the back, "Prove yourself, Brother. Save a few billion people while you're at it. It'll make for quite the story when you come home - if you come home. You won't be allowed back until they're willing to leave."

"Say what?" Septimus turned to leave before the door shut behind him, the pod shooting out with a jerk as it descended to the planet. So much for trusting his superiors to groom and care for him whilst he learned about his position.

"And that's your story?" the leaders of the world of Megara laughed in unison, something rarely seen amongst the feuding men and women, "Hah! You are a man of little faith. Why should we believe you?"

"Because if you don't," Septimus gestured up at the reddening star above their heads, "You're all gonna die. Your star's nearing the end of its life cycle. You've got a few centuries here before it grows too hot, then a few more after that before she swallows you whole. That's if she doesn't go supernova in the intervening time."

"Yeah, yeah," one of the leaders, a grey-bearded, balding man, shook his forehead, "We've heard the ridiculous predictions before. Megara will provide for us. She always has."

"Are you even listening to me, you moron?!" Septimus grabbed him by the collar, "Look up. Look up! Does she look like she's gonna provide for you? She looks awful like she's gonna die to me. She's old, older than you or I will ever be. She's gonna die one day and you're not gonna be ready for her to go. I guarantee you that."

The prime minister pulled away from Septimus with a huff and a glare, but the cyborg continued.

"You're so blind by your greed and hubris that you can't see what's right in front of your faces," he rubbed his forehead, "Your planet is marked for death by your star, whose ticker is running out. Your peoples are all going to die miserably and painfully unless you leave. You're not even remotely advanced enough to transfer them to another planet - not that there's another habitable one in your system - let alone another star. We're offering you protection. Why won't you fucking accept that?"

"Why do you think you are so great?" one of the women in the audience, an auburn queen with a temper, growled at him, "You with your petty speeches and your fancy gadgets and your big words. You know nothing of our people, our culture. You would have us abandon our home and its sacred places for some alien world? You are more a fool than we are."

"Are you so dense you can't fucking comprehend what I'm saying?" Septimus shot her a withering glare, though she shot one of far greater malice back at him, "Your people are going to die! This isn't a matter of cultural genocide, we're trying to help you dumbasses. Why can't you see that? Look more than an inch in front of your fucking faces!"

"Our decision is made," she sniffed, "We will remain on Megara and 'take our chances', as you've so elegantly put it. Goodbye, Ambassador."

"I'm not leaving. I can't leave until you agree to go," Septimus rubbed his chin, "So you're stuck with me until either your sun dies or you get off this miserable place."

"Hah hah, very funny," the prime minister grabbed his coat and turned to leave, "Begone, faithless man. I won't entertain you any longer and neither will my compatriots."

"Then you leave me no choice," Septimus shook his head solemnly as the hum of his arm cannon filled the room, "Goodbye, Prime Minister Abernathy."

The old man turned, bewildered, as he put on his coat. It was only halfway on when his brains were vaporized out of existence, his corpse letting the coat fall to the ground as it tumbled on its stomach, no blood escaping the clean cauterization of the neck. The other world leaders gasped and trembled, only the auburn queen holding her ground and refusing to show any fear in her eyes or lips.

"If you won't let us be your friends, we will be your conquerors," Septimus raised the cannon and aimed it at the only person left standing defiantly in front of him, the queen, "Lady Bergammon, please, see the sense that your comrade was blind to. Back down and we will proceed with evacuations peacefully. You'll even get to keep your pathetic land holdings and titles on your new world."

"I would rather die, you filthy barbarian," she spat, eyes narrowing, "Take your godless kin and shove them right in your ass! The people of Carpathia will remain on Megara until the time comes for us to die and turn to dust!"

Shrugging, Septimus vaporized her chest with an effortless blast, the single resister letting out a few hollow breaths and shallow coughs before collapsing on her back, her mouth ajar as she struggled to suck breaths into lungs that no longer existed. More gasps and soft cries from the remaining leaders.

"I am Septimus Itum," he waved the cannon around, settling it on each leader for a moment in a gesture of dominance, "I represent the Confederation of Agymnum. You have no exit here. You will agree to our terms and depart this dying system or we will kill you and evacuate your people for their own good. Are we agreed?"

"You're a m-monster," one of the leaders, a youthful president whose pants were rapidly wetting with urine the same color as his hair, "What is wrong with you?"

"Not a monster," Septimus lowered the cannon in satisfaction, "Quite the contrary. I'm a scientist. I am all about efficiency, and efficiency means culling the cancer cells so the body may live. You might call me a doctor."

"Doctor?" the president gave a nervous laugh, "To who?"
Last edited by Highfort on Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:53 am

If it's the team I'm thinking of, Sandy is on it.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:06 am

Im waiting on Torii or Kale to respond unless ya guys just want to end the scene.
Predictably unpredictable and fabulous at the same time!
XA-1MVGLHS
Queen Oberon, our red devil! Click the URL to learn about our Leader!
Edelweiss and Reina, the two previous ones are still alive. None of Tsuyoi Tekikoku's leaders are killed in their duels of succession.

I don't use NS stats.

I'd prefer the pronouns she/her,if your referring to me

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:36 pm

I'm off to work. Back later.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Highfort
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:28 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Highfort wrote:Excellent. I'll have Sep meet whomever you're sending tomorrow morning, then.

Sounds like a plan.

Just knocked you over in the lobby. :p

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Highfort wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
Sounds like a plan.

Just knocked you over in the lobby. :p

Oof! :p

I might need to do laundry. Be back shortly.
mumblemumblemumble

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:31 pm

Back from work, quite dead tonight, no one ordered for at least half an hour.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:32 pm

Happy Martin Luther King day, everyone!
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:45 pm

Giovenith wrote:Happy Martin Luther King day, everyone!

MLK wrote:There are those who are asking the devotees of civil rights, "When will you be satisfied?" We can never be satisfied as long as the Negro is the victim of the unspeakable horrors of police brutality.

Yeah, well...

The bank of justice my not be bankrupt, but it's a bit insolvent at the moment.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:46 pm

I'm back from work.

I sent in the writing sample to the VN staff and got this back.

After going through your piece and passing it through my team, I am glad to say that you are eligible for the next part of the audition.
Please add me on skype at: [ha ha ha....not today] and we can continue there.

Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:49 pm

Monfrox wrote:I'm back from work.

After going through your piece and passing it through my team, I am glad to say that you are eligible for the next part of the audition.

Congrats!

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:50 pm

Monfrox wrote:I'm back from work.

:hug:
Oh, Mon, that's incredible! Congratulations, and good luck!
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:25 pm

Only good thing about MLK day is schooldays off. Eh.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:43 pm

I did have school today, but because my mom is used to thinking kids are supposed to have off, she didn't wake me up in the morning and I was extremely late.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:49 pm

I still had work. It was pretty all right.

Achievement

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse