NATION

PASSWORD

World Junior Hockey Championships VIII (Everything Thread)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Barist
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Joining

Postby Barist » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:16 pm

Nation: The Presidential Republic of Barist
Nation Trigram: BAR
Team Name: the barist hockey selection
Stadium: President Rodrigo Rodrigues Stadium(1 Million person capacity)

Goaltenders:
Hans (BAR)
Jamey (BAR)
Phillip (BAR)

Defensemans:
Lanny(All-BAR)
Gonzalo
Monroe
Franklin
Aadalberto
Byron
TROLLFACE

Wingers:
Bart
Homer
Benjamin
Joe
Moe
EPIC FACE!!!!

Center:
Emmet
Lego Man
Vitruvius (aka. LEGO Wizard)

Vermark
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vermark » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:32 pm

Barist wrote:Nation: The Presidential Republic of Barist
Nation Trigram: BAR
Team Name: the barist hockey selection
Stadium: President Rodrigo Rodrigues Stadium(1 Million person capacity)

Goaltenders:
Hans (BAR)
Jamey (BAR)
Phillip (BAR)

Defensemans:
Lanny(All-BAR)
Gonzalo
Monroe
Franklin
Aadalberto
Byron
TROLLFACE

Wingers:
Bart
Homer
Benjamin
Joe
Moe
EPIC FACE!!!!

Center:
Emmet
Lego Man
Vitruvius (aka. LEGO Wizard)

[OOC: Sorry. This tournament has already started, thus it's not accepting entrants. Maybe give this a read before getting into another tournament. Cheers!]
The Social Republic of Vermark
Capital: Videnhagen | Trigamme: VER | Demonym: Varish/Vare
Leadership: P.M. Markus Leonardsson (Hanseatic Party) | Population: 23,600,000

[About Me: Canadian | Progressive Conservative | Long-Distance Runner]
[National Info: Official Factbook | Videnhagen Press Group | sportmark.vk]
[Storefronts: Hansa Corporation | University of Videnhagen]
"It is not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena...who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~Theodore Roosevelt

Walamzia
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Walamzia » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:37 pm

The Walamzians exit the train station in Churchill and are instantly put off by the change in weather. Coach Believeau told them for their playoff game that everything would be fine. "We need to focus on playing our game and not let the opponent dictate it to us. In our games against Britonsea and Gregoryisgodistan, they controlled the game. We play our best when we control the tempo of the game. I really do think we have a shot at this."

They play in Churchill, and the game will be broadcast on WalSport, the firsxt ever hockey broadcast on the channel.

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:09 pm

Young Lions Thrash Opponents, Surge Into Round of 16

Martin Granger, Staff Reporter

There was some mild trepidation in the air before the Nova Anglicana U20 hockey team's most recent matches against The United States of Devonta and Gyatso-Kai. Although the Young Lions had won their first two games, they could easily falter and see themselves fighting for advancement. Fortunately, that did not come to pass. They won their final two games by a combined score of 11-1, finished 4-0-0, and advanced to the Round of 16 as the #1 overall seed.

The Devontans held the Young Lions scoreless for more than a period, as they weathered a barrage of 13 shots in the first period and five in the first five minutes of the second period. The Devontan goalie was holding up well until Anthony Rogers deflected an Alex Chandler shot past him at 5:45 for a rare goal by the defenseman. That opened the floodgates. Stephen Keller scored on a breakaway at 6:58, Justin Reed notched a wraparound goal after fighting through a defenseman behind the net (8:34), and a series of nice passes allowed Connie Giroux to tap one in under the goalie's pad at 12:45. Four goals in seven minutes, and the Young Lions had the Devontans all tangled up. Grant Cross' power-play slap shot goal at 13:24 of the third period was the icing on the cake as our boys claimed a 5-0 win. Their advantage was staggering, outshooting the Devontans 44-24, racking up over 60% of the possession time, and committing just one penalty to the Devontans' four. The Young Lions were in a great spot going into the final matchday, but Gyatso-Kai was not an opponent they could afford to overlook.

The Young Lions started off a little overconfident, it seems, as they looked lackluster and surprised at the skill of the Avatarians. The blindingly fast first line baffled Blake Burns and notched an early goal, scoring barely five minutes into the period. Dominique Culbertson called his timeout, a move that seemed oddly timed given that this was expected to be a tight contest. But he lit a fire under them, and they played on even footing with the Avatarians for the rest of the period. Justin Reed fired in a goal with about two minutes remaining in the period to tie the score. The second period was marred by a fight between Bo Knudsen and an Avatarian defenseman he felt was standing too close to Blake Burns. After they were both given five-minute major penalties, the Young Lions took advantage of the 4-on-4 to get Julian Quinn open for a shot that sneaked by the goalie and gave his team a 2-1 lead. Later in the period, the opposing goalie conceded a rebound and 4th-line center Erik Hunter banged it home to increase the lead to two goals. Even with the Young Lions' lead, the game was fairly well-matched. In the third, Ryan Roberson scored his second goal of the tournament at 4:56 and Dan Warner notched his third goal of the tournament at 10:55 to essentially ice the game. Stephen Keller added his second empty-netter and third goal overall at 19:45 to add insult to injury and complete the 6-1 win.

Now they move from the grungy, yet boisterous confines of Veterans' Stadium in Sarnia to the gleaming white, modern city of London for their first knockout round game. Abanhfleft, despite their unimpressive 1-1-2 record, should not be underestimated. They will certainly fight the Young Lions for every inch, hit hard, and make it into a grinding affair. The Young Lions will have to skate faster and more nimbly, as well as hit harder, if they expect to win this one. The winner of Novaya Zemlya and the United States of Minton awaits the winner of this game. Let's hope it's the Young Lions.
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Vermark
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vermark » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:37 pm

Adventures of a College Hockey Player

HOME | BLOG | MEDIA | STATS | ABOUT ERIK

Fuck, It's Fucking Cold
CHURCHILL, THE ROYAL KINGDOM OF QUEBEC

I stepped off the train upon arrival in Churchill, Quebec, and I immediately wanted to cry. Nearly frozen upon contact, I hurriedly scurried to the bus set to take us to the hotel. Despite my unhappiness with the weather, I obviously had a better attitude then some. Behind me, someone yelled, "Fuck! It's fucking cold!" The laughs that ensued warmed us up a bit, but it also made it harder to get on the bus. We are exactly sure whether to punish this guy or hail him as our king.

We took our trip to Churchill after the game against Abanhfleft, and we all got pretty good sleep after we combined for a total of seven goals on the night. Thankfully, I'm still yet to lose my groove; I'm not sure what it is but I was able to get another hat-trick. Hanny (Nicklas Hanlund), Fenny (Oscar Fenstrom), and Bakster (Erik Bakstrom) all had good games as well. We did, however, have a bad game defensively. We let in four goals, which isn't anything to brag about. Hopefully after all the defensive drills we did at today's mid-morning skate, we'll be a little bit more in tune. However, if we keep playing hard we should be able to get past Walamzia and into the quarterfinals.

After the skate this morning, we grabbed some breakfast in the lobby of the hotel, and were released to do as we please until game time. Because it is (fucking) cold here in Churchill, options such as going for a walk, hanging out, etc. weren't really viable. So we went for a bit of a walk in the underground and nosed around for a it. I learned a few things: Caribou meat from a random cart is surprisingly good and everyone seems to have the exclusive spot to take you to see polar bears. Eventually, we ran into a Quebecois bookstore. Bakster and I, being students at the University of Videnhagen, didn't hesitate to go have a look. In Vermark, we're considered smart and admirable, however, I think the rest of the world dubs us as "nerds". Nonetheless, we eventually found the English section of the store and I ended up picking up some pretty good reads which I used to pass the afternoon.

The first book I read was called The History of Quebecois Hockey by David Grideau. Despite having a bland title, it actually has a pretty neat cover and explains the history of the QHL in a really neat way. Grideau used numbers, cultural factors, and other non-hockey elements to explain the success of lack thereof of Quebecois hockey clubs. I got through that one in about an hour and a half and went on to another neat book. This one was written by a guy named Jacques Brodeaux and the book itself was titled The Three-Way Split. This book explained everything one would need to know about Quebecois history and how it amounts to the culture and politics of the nation today. Both books we're really good reads which leads me to believe that the Quebecois are an extremely literate bunch, and I'll have to get Quebecois books shipped into Vermark sometime when I have nothing to do.

Anyways, I am extremely nervous yet excited for tonight's match up against Walamzia. They've had a decent group stage, though we shouldn't have to many problems because we are the #7 seed and our opponents are the #10. Regardless, we'll have to focus on good defense and hard forechecking if we want to win this one. Hopefully we'll come out with a W and a trip the quarterfinals.

"It is not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena...who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~Theodore Roosevelt

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Britonisea » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:29 pm

The country that this is hosted in messed up so bad that it sent off the players crying. A woman gossips to her friend back in the GBK. You only here the woman gossiping. She says...

"The juniors are young chaps who has a dream of one day becoming a Ice Hockey star. Everything was perfect until they won. They beat there opponent 2-1. To you, everything seems okay but no, it wasn't. They put Elejamie on the board and the worst thing was that they had their flag next to it. Ice hockey drama! Also, one buy tried to punch the screen but the bodyguard got him before he could do any harm. One tried to cut his finger with the blades of his ice skating shoes but the bodyguard got him. But one boy decided to...pee on the ice...on the puck. It was disgusting. Just wrong. In that case,Elejamie has to pay for all the damages done to the Britonish fans and the puck. 21 people needed to go to a psychologist to sort out that problem with the sight of the boy peeing. What does this teach the children ay? When you pee...make sure it is on a puck? Just no. It's wrong. Blah." She then sees the boy "look at him. He looks 16. He has brown hair...brown eyes...Britonish complection...quite built actually...he is wearing white trainers and wearing a cap. Did you see him on TV? No Michelle, they don't all look like that. There is a blonde one as well. Yeah. So...okay Michelle. So, are you still thinking about going to Gregoryisgodistan for the summer? They don't have summer? Why? Okay. Well you won't find a Britonish Airways going there. Mmmm, because they banned it ever since the death list an all that jargon. Something about 8 steps to get out of it. I would have 2. Number 1, call for a war and Number 2, go on a holiday to San José Guayabal. Well ok love, save some turkey and Bailey's for me ok. Love you bye" she put the phone down. She turns around to her husband "she can't stop talking can she?"
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:49 pm

Round of Sixteen- Scores

Nova Anglicana 6–2 Abanhfleft

Royal Kingdom of Quebec 2–0 Jeckland

Gregoryisgodistan 3–0 Kolmya

Elejamie 4–0 Britonisea

Pays den Haut 3–1 North Britonisea

Norrehavn 1–0 Estenia

Vermark 8–1 Walamzia

Novaya Zemlya 3–0 The United States of Minton

Quarterfinals Fixtures
#1 Nova Anglicana vs. #8 Novaya Zemlya @ Carlton Centre, London
#2 Royal Kingdom of Quebec vs. #6 Norrehavn* @ Carlton Centre, London
#3 Gregoryisgodistan vs. #7 Vermark* @ QNR Centre, Churchill
#4 Elejamie vs. #5 Pays den haut @ QNR Centre, Churchill

*OOC: The fixtures are adjusted to avoid any groupmates from meeting each other until the Semifinal.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Novaya Zemlya
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Novaya Zemlya » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:28 am

PIONEERS GET READY FOR QUARTERFINALS

QUEBEC It was a wonderful night in Kenora. A 3-0 win in the Round of Sixteen against United States of Minton, a perfectly executed gameplan, a surprising lack of turnovers for a junior hockey game, and another shutout added to the resume of emerging goaltender Anton Lopatin. Coach Bratislav Yurakin, who has become a celebrity overnight, now has to deal with fan expectations raised to ridiculous levels as he travels with his team to London for the quarterfinals.

The Pioneers have enjoyed offensive contributions from all lines throughout the tournament, but this game was all about the top line led by Radoslav Klepakhov. The 19 year old centreman from Iskra Kostinsk set up all three goals and was a beast in the faceoff circle all night. Another key factor was blueliner Zakhariy Myshkin, who continues to log 30 minutes of virtually mistake-free hockey, game after game.

It gets harder from now on though. Opponent Nova Anglicana is the #1 seed, boasting a perfect 4-0-0 record with a 20-4 goal differential from Group D, before casually dismissing Abanhfleft 6-2 in the first playoff round. A tough test for this group of 18 and 19-year-olds, carrying the hopes of an entire nation on their shoulders.
Welcome to the Arctic - The land whose skin is of ice but whose heart is of fire

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:31 pm

In hockey news, Elejamie managed to advance to the quarter finals of the World Junior Hockey Championships, thanks to a 4-0 victory over Britonisea. Following what has been described as the most boring match of the tournament so far, Elejamie needed a win to stay in the competition. Fortunately, they got what they needed.

The first period was for the most part unspectacular, reminding some fans of yesterday's match against Patistan; nicknamed "The Cure For Insomnia". However, it wasn't until the end of the first period that the match saw its first goal, a simple shot from Stacy Saunders that went in between the keepers legs. At that point, Elejamian hopes reignited.

The second period didn't see much action either. Apart from Andrew Bailey's shot in the second minute, which went into the top corner of the net, there wasn't much to talk about here.

The third period, however, saw Elejamie make more of an effort. First, there was Saunders' second goal of the game in the 7th minute, thanks to an assist by Mical Cocan. This was followed four minutes later by a goal from Marcus Mateuski. Even when Bill Judge had to serve a two minute penalty for tripping a Britonish player, goaltender Michael Bosch - who replaced Pedro Cervantes on the starting lineup - kept his cool as he saved shot after shot after shot until the match was over.

In a post match interview, head coach Sumio Kitahara was asked by reporters "Did you expect your team to make it this far?"

To which he replied "Yes and no. Although it was a nice surprise to advance through the group stages and to get to the quarter finals, it wasn't something you'd properly expect. We just need to step up our game a little bit and hope that luck will stay on our side through our next match."

Meanwhile, group C rivals Kolmya are out of the competition, having lost 3-0 to Gregoryisgodistan, whereas Norrehavn managed to scrape a 1-0 victory over Estenia. Tonight the Icy Elephants will face Pays den Haut, who beat North Britonisea 3-1; and Norrehavn will entertain the hosts Royal Kingdom of Quebec, who defeated Jeckland 2-0.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Vermark
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vermark » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:02 pm

One Step Closer
CHURCHILL, THE ROYAL KINGDOM OF QUEBEC

I'm extremely proud of my boys for putting on the heat in our Round of 16 game. We won by a greater margin than any other game in that round of play. I recorded yet another hat-trick and the other guys had great nights as well. We also were more successful defensively; we only let in one goal versus the four we let in during the last game of the group stage. We're up to play Gregoryisgodistan in the quarterfinals, which to me, is a ridiculous name for a country, but I guess it floats their boat.

Today, we followed up the morning skate with a trip to see the polar bears. It was pretty neat to see such a rare animal out in the wild like that. However, it wasn't particularly warm excursion. Out on the boat, the temp read about -39 without factoring in any wind chill. I guess I'm pretty thankful that we don't play outdoors here. I can't imagine anything more brutal then playing outdoor hockey in 40 weather.

When I got back I had a conference call with my academic adviser back at the University of Videnhagen. I didn't want to settle for a two year program, but I also wanted to get to the pros before four years. So I decided to cut-out my minor in computer science and focus on completing my major in international affairs in three years versus the normal four. It'll require a lot of grinding, but It will pay off. I can't wait to live out my dream and play in the VHP. I may even be able to take it a step further and play in the QHL or another high profile foreign league. Regardless, I'm very excited for the future.

Tonight versus Gregoryisgodistan will be difficult. They're a #3 seeded team that have yet to lose a match-up in this tournament. We are going to have to be water-tight on defense and speedy and punishing on offense. However, we've had a great tournament so far, so I see no reason as to why we won't be able to pull away and get into the semifinals.

~E

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Postby Nova Anglicana » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:41 pm

Lions Bound Into Quarters

It was another superb victory in the Royal Kingdom of Quebec last night for the Young Lions of Nova Anglicana's U20 ice hockey team. They weren't fazed by moving to the considerably nicer Churchill Centre in London, defeating their opponents Abanhfleft 6-2. Their Fleftic foes were more of a grinding team, preferring to hit hard and control possession until they could wear down their opponents. While many casual hockey fans would say that this is a style entirely unsuited for a team with so many young women, our experience playing other nations has told us that the women of the multiverse can compete on the same level, if not better, than the men of the multiverse. However, what mattered more than the sex of our opponents last night was their skill level and skating ability. Neither were equal to those of our players, and the stats bore it out. The Young Lions outshot their opponents 42-27, and racked up over 55% of the possession time. More than once a Fleftic player bore down on one of our boys, only to find him or herself sprawled on the ice or smashing into the boards, earning bruises for their trouble, while a Young Lion pirouetted away.

The first period was all Young Lions. They came roaring (no pun intended) out of the gates, and Bo Knudsen opened the scoring at 4:21 by deflecting a Luke Watkins shot past Beth Harrington. Kristof Ridenour added to the blue line's scoring prowess when he quickly skated forward to scoop up a rebound conceded by Harrington off of a Connie Giroux shot and flipped into the net at 8:19. The game settled down a bit after that, but Maria Fuller was called for interference on Ryan Roberson at 15:32, and Justin Reed made them pay by finding an opening at 17:00 on the man advantage. With a 3-0 lead after one period, the Young Lions were feeling fine.

But an uncharacteristically sloppy second period saw them commit four penalties (Bishop, Chandler, Cross, and Rogers), and Abanhfleft converted half of them to cut the deficit to a single goal. The young speed demon Annie Alvarez flipped a wrister nearly as fast as Dan Warner's past Blake Burns after weaving her way in and out of the defense. At just 16 years old, Alvarez figures to be a future star with that shot and skating ability. Abanhfleft's other goal came courtesy of Justin Holmes, the Fleftic veteran first-line center. Holmes got a nice give-and-go with Alvarez and fired one into the back of the net to set a tense beginning to the third period.

But the Young Lions soon dispelled that. After weathering a barrage of Fleftic shots to open the period, Connie Giroux scored his fourth goal of the tournament by taking advantage of the Fleftic defensemen that had been lulled into sleep by the rhythmic passing of the Young Lions around the ice. Pulled in every direction, they left a hole that Giroux exploited, flashing into the middle of the zone, receiving the puck, and firing it past Harrington at 5:16. Just two minutes later, it looked like Abanhfleft would pull within one again as Pierre Bordelon was sent to the penalty box for high-sticking. Abanhfleft was peppering Burns with shots when he gave up a rebound. As Fleftic players lunged for it, Stephen Keller reached out with his stick and nudged it down the ice. Skating fast, he caught up with it, just Nora Sharp in front of him and the goalie Harrington to beat. In a lightning-quick move, he went behind the back with the puck to beat Sharp, lined up a shot on his good right side, and rifled it past Harrington for his fourth goal of the tournament. The short-handed goal seemed to take the life out of the Fleftic team and they would pose no further serious threat. Ryan Roberson added a goal at 18:45 to complete the scoring.

The Lions will next face Novaya Zemlya, who defeated the United States of Minton 3-0 in their Round of 16 matchup. Novaya Zemlya, whose head coach Bratislav Yurakin, has become an overnight sensation, is led by their talented first line, the steady goaltending of Anton Lopatin, and the superhuman endurance of top defenseman Zakhariy Mishkin, who spends a half hour per game on the ice. While the Novaya Zemlyans are nothing to be sneezed at, several other teams would seem to pose a greater threat. Among them are known names like the Royal Kingdom of Quebec and Gregoryisgodistan, but upstarts like Norrehavn and Vermark (who won their Ro16 matchup by seven goals) are also very dangerous. The winner of the Young Lions' quarterfinal will face the winner of the Elejamie-Pays den Haut matchup. Elejamie should win that game and be a very difficult opponent for whoever wins the 1-8 matchup. The Young Lions can't afford to let up now. They need to keep their foot on the gas and get to the semifinals.

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:58 pm

UFrontenac Confessions

Like someone on campus? Drop your friends a compliment?

► Submit it anonymously here: http://www.honeyboo.que/moddies/pages/9169/new

Moderators: Gevaudan, StevieChun, TessierBlue1, Tchukville
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
by Gevaudan » 5 JAN 2018, 10:31

#UFCII1701

Let's Go Blue Knights! Go beat the Lions! #teamquebec #togetherwestand

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
by StevieChun » 5 JAN 2018, 12:43

#UFCII1702

Despite all of its lyrics about Britonisea being one or another of dumb dumb, I guess I do love listening to Ban Britonisea.....Bravo.
Great job making a remake of Rule Kebekwa, something that's never been done in such a boisterous capacity since Imperial days!

by StevieChun » 5 JAN 2018, 12:46

#UFCII1703

You know we're all in this together when the whole class fails the "easiest quiz of the semester"....

by Gevaudan » 5 JAN 2018, 12:48

#UFCII1704

Overheard a cop talking to a frec: "I'm from Ottawa, I have no idea what's going on."

by TessierBlue1 » 5 JAN 2018, 12:49

#UFCII1705

Sam Agamopoulos, why do you have to be the sexiest thing on this earth? Every part of you is like Pietrangelo's Avery Quijano from Fontaine Park!

by StevieChun » 5 JAN 2018, 14:43

#UFCII1706

Does anybody know what happened to Mr. Vert et Or? I just saw him last week in Cornwall and he's in his tricolor clothing and a bagpipe O.O

by Tchukville » 5 JAN 2018, 14:40

#UFCII1707

The UFron congregation at Quebec-Norrehavn game is quite big. Cha Gheill!

by Gevaudan » 5 JAN 2018, 14:49

#UFCII1708

UFCII1706- Hey, I'm V&O's friend in UFron Commerce. He's fine, moved to UFron and is currently majoring in classical studies. While I'm not going to further state how things are going with his love interest, let's just say that things went fine, in the way that probably the readers wanted to go. Don't heckle them though, for I'll be the one getting hit in the head with a coconut for it.

by TessierBlue1 » 5 JAN 2018, 14:49

#UFCII1709

"Plagirism is efficient" - 129 Chem Student-

by Tchukville » 5 JAN 2018, 14:51

#UFCII1710

Love is in the air....everywhere I look around. Of people holding, dancing and making out....

Oh wait, wrong place to say that.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's your Quarterfinals Cutoff for today.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:17 pm

As requested by Quebec on IRC.

Royal Kingdom of Quebec 2-0 Norrehavn
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:20 pm

Quarterfinals Results- The Rest

Nova Anglicana 3–2 Novaya Zemlya
Gregoryisgodistan 0–1 Vermark
Elejamie 1–1 Pays den Haut (2–1 OT)

Semifinals Fixtures
#1 Nova Anglicana vs. #7 Vermark @ Kozlovka Place, Kenora
#2 Royal Kingdom of Quebec vs. #4 Elejamie @ Kozlovka Place, Kenora
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:42 am

OOC: Due to the user being out of town and a laptop with xkoranate, the scorinations will be delayed by a day.

IC: Reserved for Pre-Semifinal RP

Happy 420 Friends!

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Postby Nova Anglicana » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:04 pm

Young Lions Inch Into Semifinals

Dominique Culbertson was happy with his team's performance so far, as through five games his Young Lions had outscored the opposition 26-6 en route to five wins.

He's even more pleased with their performance after their 3-2 quarterfinal win over Novaya Zemlya. "We'd really been rolling along, and that's great, but I think we really needed a wake-up call, something to remind us we aren't just going to skate through this competition. I thought we responded really well to adversity tonight and we're looking forward to the semifinals in a couple of days. A bit of tough luck on the draw, but we'll do our best," Culbertson said in his postgame press conference.

He wasn't wrong. The Young Lions really did get a wake-up call from Novaya Zemlya. They were completely dominated in the first period, losing time of possession 42-58, getting outshot 14-6, and committing three penalties, including Grant Cross' hooking penalty at 12:25 that led to a Novaya Zemlyan goal. Novaya Zemlya is led by their first line, and Konstantin Belomestov was able to jam the puck in under the pads of Blake Burns at 13:56 to give his team the 1-0 lead. Vitaliy Bezrodny saw his shot ping off the piping with less than a minute to go, or the Young Lions would have been looking at a two-goal deficit going into the second period. As it stood, they were lucky to be down just one goal.

The second period saw the sturdy Zakhariy Myshkin continue to frustrate the Nova Anglican attack. Myshkin seemed to be everywhere; blocking shots (3 in second period, 8 for the game), laying hard checks, and deftly using his stick to poke the puck away en route to a game high 29:51 of ice time. But in one of those rare moments when Myshkin took a breather, the Young Lions took advantage. With about eleven minutes to go in the period, Kristof Ridenour dug the puck out from the boards behind the net and sent in on to Julian Quinn. Boyan Sholomitsky lowered his shoulder and skated towards Quinn, intent on nipping this attack in the bud. But Quinn deftly laid the puck off to Luke Watkins and then spun out of the way of the oncoming defenceman, continuing the attack and leaving Sholomitsky to crash into the boards. Watkins dumped the puck behind the Novaya Zemlyan net, where Stephen Keller was the first to get to it. He sent it out to Quinn, who passed the puck to Ridenour at the top of the zone. Ridenour wound up, but faked the slap shot and instead sent a nifty pass to Keller diving into the middle of the zone. A quick wrister from Keller and the score was tied.

But it didn't stay tied for long. A few minutes later, Nikolai Yakubovich fired a mighty shot at Burns, who could do little besides deflect it, conceding a rebound. Lubomir Vlacic was right there to collect the rebound and snap off another shot, one that Burns could do nothing about. At 12:44, the lead was back to 2-1. The final seven minutes of the period yielded nothing for either side, though the Young Lions dodged a bullet at 19:12 when an apparent Radoslav Klepakhov goal was called off for goaltender interference.

They opened the 3rd period on the power play, but could do nothing with it, and the Novaya Zemlyans seemed content to turtle in the hopes of preserving their lead against the top seed. Young Lions raced around the ice after the puck, but they could not dislodge it from the possession of their opponents. When the Novaya Zemlyans finally did give up the puck, it was to dump it far back into the Nova Anglican zone to set up forechecking opportunities. Ten minutes went by, and the Young Lions had mustered just three shots on goal. But that all changed when Plamen Mikhailov sent a rather lazy pass towards Gleb Yasneyev at the blue line. Stephen Keller, ever the aggressor, gambled and lunged at the puck with his stick. He managed to deflect it slightly out of the offensive zone, and the race was on. He scrambled after it, blocked off Yasneyev, and went down the ice with the opposing center on his hip. Spotting Watkins out of the corner of his eye, he slipped the puck behind him and it was set up on a tee for the 2nd line center, who blasted it past Anton Lopatin to tie the score at 10:45.

The goal energized the U20 side; they attacked relentlessly and fired shot after shot at the goalie. But Lopatin was equal to it all and made ten saves in the next eight minutes to keep the score at 2-2.

The Young Lions were tiring, and Culbertson knew they probably wouldn't have gas for an overtime. So he made an extremely risky decision with fifty-four seconds to go and replaced Bo Knudsen with Stephen Keller for extra offense. The unorthodox four forwards-one defenceman look pressured the Novaya Zemlyans, but it wasn't enough. Suddenly, the linesman's hand went up! A delayed penalty, with thirty seconds left! Culbertson yanked Burns the goalie and sent Luke Watkins onto the ice. Watkins leaped out, got the puck, and immediately found Dan Warner, who chipped the puck in on Lopatin's blind side. The risky strategy had paid off and the Young Lions were able to hold the puck for the final twenty seconds or so and close out the win.

I doubt we will see Culbertson employ that look again in this tournament, but the Young Lions had expended so much effort chasing their opponents around that it was unlikely that they would have been prepared for the overtime period. Up next in the semis is Vermark, newcomers who certainly haven't looked the part. The Hounds finished 3-0-1 in group play, losing only a close 4-3 decision to hosts Royal Kingdom of Quebec. Seeded 7th in the playoffs, they absolutely demolished their Ro16 opponent Walamzia 8-1, before sneaking by a very good Gregoryisgodistan team 1-0. Despite being seeded 7th, they will play the Young Lions next.

Typical brackets usually pit the winner of the 1-8 and 4-5 games against each other, in this case Nova Anglicana and Elejamie. But here it seems that the Young Lions have been given the "luxury" of facing the lowest seed remaining. This is a trap game for sure. Vermark should have played Quebec instead of Gregoryisgodistan in the quarterfinals, but tournament organizers wanted to "avoid any groupmates from meeting each other until the Semifinal". I smell a conspiracy. I think that Quebeçois officials have hidden behind this smokescreen of excuses to give their team more favorable matchups, pawning off Vermark on dangerous foes Gregoryisgodistan and now Nova Anglicana. This disreputable practice stains the legacy of this competition, but the best way for the Lions to show their disapproval would be to defeat Vermark and then defeat Quebec in the final to prove their superiority despite the obstacles they faced.

OOC: All criticism of Quebec is IC only. Just seems a little fishy, if you ask me... :p
Last edited by Nova Anglicana on Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Champions

Runners-up

3rd Place

4th Place

Quarterfinals

Hosted

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:22 pm

Elejamie had a lucky break last night as they beat Pays den Haut 2-1 in a nail-biting match to advance to the semi-finals. Both teams were very close, with an equal chance of going through to the next round. But, in the end, it was the Icy Elephants who came out on top.

The first period didn't see much of a start, although there were a few shots on goal from both teams. However, 6 minutes in, it was Stacy Saunders who got the first goal of the game. Despite his best attempts, he couldn't add to it and, as such, was subbed earlier into the second period, replaced by Paul Renford.

The second period saw Pays den Haut on the offence. Despite several good chances at goal, the double team of Ryan Larsson and Mical Cocan managed to keep them from going in. Eventually, it was Gabriel, clan Lauzon who equalised, thanks to a sneaky shot whilst Larsson and Cocan weren't looking. Elejamie now needed at least one more goal to win, otherwise it'll be all over.

Sadly, the third period went goalless, so the match had to go into overtime. Despite a few close calls, it wasn't until the 4th minute of overtime that a goal was scored. Bizarrely, it was done by the unlikeliest of players: Pedro Cervantes. As the entire Pays den Haut team - including goaltender Julien, clan Giroux - advanced towards the Elejamian goal, Cervantes slapped the puck as hard as he can to make some breathing room. Despite their best attempts to stop it, the Pays den Haut team could only watch as it went into the empty net and give Elejamie the victory. None of the players, nor the staff were available for any post-match commentary, instead choosing to concentrate on the next match.

Tonight, Elejamie will go against the Royal Kingdom of Quebec, who beat Norrehavn 2-0; whereas Nova Anglicana will face Vermark, who shocked audiences the world over by beating Gregoryisgodistan 1-0.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Vermark
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vermark » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:30 pm

No one was quite sure what exactly was happening. It didn't really matter. The only thing that mattered is what it looks like. The nation that's home to the international hockey governing body made a change that benefited them and it happened to involve Vermark. Had Vermark been playing like they were supposed to, no one would've really cared. However, the fact is, Vermark wasn't playing like they're supposed to, and it had other nations scared.

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec only narrowly beat Vermark. Chances, were, in a rematch, Vermark would give Quebec a run for their money. Norrehavn, despite being ranked higher than Vermark, wasn't playing nearly as well and wasn't in as hard of a group as Vermark. This could be a coincidence. Then again, it also could not be a coincidence. When the governing body makes a change, everyone looks. When it makes a change that appears to benefit them everyone looks again. This second scrutiny is generally what gets people into trouble. Quebec beat Norrehavn with ease by two goals. Every other quarterfinal fixture only saw a deficit of one goal. Norrehavn was beaten by the biggest margin of all quarterfinal team. Norrehavn was the worst quarterfinal team. Norrehavn played the hosts. The hosts changed the rules to specifically play Norrehavn. The hosts are looking somewhat bad at the moment.

There's no question that the logic isn't sound. The only problem is, how exactly will they (Quebec) be held to this. Is playing a group-mate in the knockout stage really against the rules? Did Quebec act in its interests only? The supposedly independent group who will the question isn't independent at all. It's Quebec. Therefore, chance are, they'll get away with it, and life will move on. They'll just look bad for a little while.

However, who looks good right now is Vermark. For two period, Vermark created havoc for the Gregoryisgodistan Ice Slaves. 28 hits were handed out by the Vares in the first forty minutes; it wasn't so much an assault as it was a siege. The Vares had speed; the Gregoryisgodistanis had defense. It was war on ice. The Vares would dump the puck, hit, and shoot. The opponents would clear the zone. By the time the horn blew for the second time, both sides were black and blue. Neither teams gave anything up; but the first signs of deterioration set in.

The third period resumed with the same of play. The Vares were physical and speedy, but as fatigue set in these factors diminished. At 2:19 left in the game, the Vares went offside and caused a stoppage of play. Coach Tomas Gevano called a timeout and plotted something creative. The Vares were to win the faceoff, just outside of the Gregoryisgodistan zone, on the right side. The puck was going to be dumped in, but there wold be a change in the forecheck itself. Only one forward, Right Wing Sam Cleary, would chase. The four remaining players would linger at the blue line, then all at once rush the puck at the exact moment a Gregoryisgodistani touches the puck. The idea is that any attempt to clear the puck would be bottled up, and they'd set up offense from there. It was a gamble because one stretch pass made by the other team would create a breakaway and possibly a goal.

The puck dropped. Lorensson was able to kick it out to Oscarsson who played the puck along the borders. It slid into the right corner, behind the net, and into the left corner. Cleary and an opposing defeneman got the puck at the same time. Cleary laid a huge hit on the player as the player continued the motion of the puck towards the blue line. As a Gregoryisgodistani winger touched the puck Hanlund, Bakstrom, and Oscarsson all rushed the puck. Hanlund lifted the player's stick and scooted the pass to Bakstrom at left defense. Bakstrom moved the puck to the point and passed to Cleary on the right side. Cleary made one man miss and moved toward the point. At the same moment, Lorensson went to the slut and hit his stick against the ice once. The puck slid his way. Lorensson's back was the the goal as the puck hit the blade of his stick. He stick handled once, and as he received a hit from behind the crowded area in front of the goal, he backhanded the puck.

In a moment slower than most could imagine, the puck wobbled through the air and hit the lower part of the crossbar. It hit the ice behind the netminder, and in a panic, the goalie reached back to cover it. The elbow of the goalkeeper hit the puck as it bounced off the ice.

The rubber disc hit twine and horn sounded.

Erik Lorrensson picked himself up and through his hands in the air; stick and gloves flew. This was yet another goal for him, making him one of the most valuable players in this tournament. However, it wasn't just that one boy who meant a lot to this team. It was the team that meant a lot to this team. Every game since the match-up against Quebec, the Vares found a way to win. Which begs the question, is Vermark the next big thing in international hockey? Only time will tell, but as Vermark moves on to the semifinals with such momentum, there sin't a team left who isn't scared to play these new kids on the ice.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:56 pm

Semifinals- Top Half
Nova Anglicana 1–5 Vermark

Final
#2 Royal Kingdom of Quebec vs. #7 Vermark @ MTS Centre, Winnipeg

Third-place Game
#1 Nova Anglicana vs. #4 Elejamie @ Pemashwin County Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Sarnia
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

Felix
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Felix » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:19 pm

Semifinals- Bottom Half
Elejamie 0–1 Royal Kingdom of Quebec

Vermark
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vermark » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:49 pm

This is Big
WINNIPEG, THE ROYAL KINGDOM OF QUEBEC

I don't think anyone expected this scenario when the tournament started. None of us even expected to get this far for our nation's first time. However, here we go, hours away from playing for gold. I think, if anything, our play this tournament speaks for something larger than this team. I think what we've done has shed light on something that the future of hockey will need to understand. It matters not how big you are or how much talent you have; what matters is your effort, determination, and preparation. If you make a relentless effort to improve your skills and athleticism, you will become a great hockey player. That's what young hockey players from around the world need to understand.

I've never experienced anything as exhilarating as last night's game. Coming up against a first-seeded returning champions, we weren't sure how it was going to go. I think a lot of us had it in the back of our minds that we'd being going to the game for bronze. But we scored six minutes into the first period and started feeling pretty good. With just a couple minutes left in the period my line went over the boards on a forecheck and created a turnover. Sure enough, Cleary came up with the puck in the corner, passed to Hanny up against the boards, who found me in the slot to score yet another goal this tournament. We couldn't believe we were heading into the dressing room up by two against the returning champs.

The second period started with a bit of a hiccup. We went on the penalty kill early in that period an the opposition did not hesitate to take advantage. However, our boys would not settle for just a good start to the game. Our third line played with an extreme amount of heart, and created a goal just like mine in the first. We kept on going for the next few minutes. It was a great game. The Nova Anglicanans have great speed and remarkable toughness. We had our first power play of the game with five minutes left in that period, but Nova Anglicana had no trouble killing it off. They actually turned that power play into a hot assault on us in the waning minutes of the period. We were really tired going into the dressing room and only narrowly escaped without giving up another goal.

After gathering ourselves in the dressing room, we came back out onto the ice in third period with fresh legs. We went back to our forechecking selves. We were able to create a neutral zone turnover seven minutes into the final period. It was a two-on-two situation with Hanny and I coming across full speed. I faked a slapshot and moved the puck to Hanny who exhibited a nice wrister to put us up by three. At this point we were ecstatic. We had a three goal lead over Nova Anglicana. We couldn't have dream of a game like this. Six minutes out from the end of the game, our fourth line scored our fifth and final goal on the game on a deflection of a slapshot coming form the point. The final buzzer went off and we won. We couldn't believe it, but we won.

Our game tonight against Quebec will be extremely tight. It was tight last time around, and we know what we can improve upon. They're a good team, but I believe we have what it takes to compete. I also wouldn't be surprised if we see the making of a rivalry in this competition, and other hockey competitions to come. I, and the rest of the boys, are extremely excited for this game. This tournament's been a great experience, and I'm glad to have made it this far

~E

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:43 pm

Three Stars of Ice Knights.....So far- Part 1

Gabriel Sook Joon Jeong
15th of February, 2018

Winnipeg, ROYAL KINGDOM OF QUEBEC- With the Jr. Ice Knights at the final of World Junior Hockey Championships after a dominant playoff performance the past 3 days, it is more than a good time to discuss who's been the best of the best for the team during this tournament. With the first part of the article we'll see the first out of three players that I've picked as three stars of this tournament for Team Quebec so far. For your information, I do not serve the interests of any QHL franchise.

Jared Kang

Current Team: Hochelaga Devils (Central Hockey League)
Position: Goaltender
Physique: 6'5, 231 Ib. Slightly undersized but makes up for it with good body strength and extreme flexibility
Style of Play: Kang has an unorthodox playing style as a goaltender. With his excellent body size and flexibility, Kang is almost unstoppable in terms of fluidity and unpredictability while on the net. In order to cover the bottom of the net, where most goals are scored, Kang drops down on almost every shot, with his "flopping" style coming from him flailing in the crease, using every part of his body, including his head, to stop the puck. Kang occasionally drops his stick and covers the puck with his stick hand, whereas most goaltenders would use the glove hand instead. His comparable QHL goaltender is at best compared by Saint John Acadiens' goaltender Serge Bernier but in reality, there's no one else to compare to. He is the one of the kind.

Pros: Magnificent athleticism
Cons: Raw, too unpredictable at times
Comments: While the Royal Kingdom of Quebec is most renowned for producing the best forwards and fighters in hockey, goaltending is something that's on rise as well. On part of that is Jared Kang, the current starter of Quebecois National Hockey Team. Like his predecessor, Jonathan Booth, Kang is one of the many goaltenders who shone in the major junior stage during last several years. Drafted 27th overall in the last QHL draft by Halifax Tempest, he's currently leading 23 out of 27 statistical figures and looks to match Jonathan Booth's draft-season feat this season.

During this World Juniors he started in 5 games(2 round robin, 3 playoffs) and registered 0.961 saving percentage and 0.8 Goals Allowed on average per game, as he rode the Quebecois national team to the first final spot since 4 years ago in WJHC 4 at Sicoutimont. He looked fantastic in all his games, including a thriller against the Hounds of Vermark, in which he faced the most dangerous of shots and breakaways he has faced during his juniors career. With his goaltending wall being nearly indestructible, Kang drew the applause of every single fan during the tournament and managed to land lots of praises from everywhere, including Serge Bernier himself. His conquest, reminiscent of Todd Ingram and Jean-Sebastien Oullet(a current Kenora Thunderwolves starter), looks to be on its final chapter and the greatest challenge when the Ice Knights face the Hounds once again.

While it is yet to be certain on his exact ceilings in Quebec Hockey League, it looks likely that he is going to be in contention to permanently replace Hal Niemes, who's now enjoying his early months of retirement after 19 year career in the league.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Your final cutoff for the WJHC has arrived. Who will walk off the victor or the fallen? Let's find out.

Happy 420 Friends!

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:26 pm

Third Place Match
Nova Anglicana 6–3 Elejamie

Congrats to Nova, Consolations to Ele. You guys were great during the tournament. Before Felix releases the results for the Final, I'd like to say that it's been a great week or two hosting the World Juniors again. Lot more RPs and better quality of RPs this time around, and it certainly was the best I've experienced(OOC: I started participating in WJHC 4). I hope the love of junior hockey and RPing it will continue on and on for many editions and that hockey will remain strong in NSSports circles!

Happy 420 Friends!

Felix
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Felix » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:29 pm

Final
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 4–2 Vermark

Congrats to the winner! And my commiserations to the loser. Until next time!

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:31 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:Lord Almighty Gregory's Speech to the People

"Good afternoon, ladies, gentlemen, and slaves. I speak to you today of statements made by the Fool Kingdom of Britonisea. These fools have written a highly insulting song about our glorious nation and also made a t-shirt insulting me and calling me insulting names. This is unacceptable. Britonisea is already on our Enemy List, and now we will write an insulting song about them, much as they have done about us. Everyone, please welcome the Gregoryisgodistan National Chorus, singing "Ban Britonisea." We must ban Britonisea from every sporting contest in the multiverse for they are stupid, make stupid bids, and insult the True Lord, me. Here we go. Ladies and gentlemen, "Ban Britonisea."

OOC: This song is sung to the tune of "Rule Britannia."

When Britonisea first entered the sporting world
They were so very dumb
They were they were so very dumb
They are still stupid, they don’t make sense at all
And at their incoherent bids I am appalled

Ban Britonisea! Britoisea must be banned!
This incompetence I cannot stand!

Ban Britonisea! Britonisea must be banned!

Each contest Britonisea makes horrid bids
They foolishly think that they can win
They foolishly think that they can win
Ban them from all sports, banned forevermore
We all dread their press’s statements every time

Britonisea can’t speak English well at all
Their grammar and their spelling are really bad
Their grammar and their spelling are really bad
Ban them forever, or until they learn
To bid and speak in a way that makes sense

Britonisea has hosted many sports
But they always have failed to do them well
But they always have failed to do them well
They must be banned from the whole multiverse
Banning them from this contest’s not enough

Britonisea’s the dumbest land
The Earth and multiverse have ever seen
The Earth and multiverse have ever seen
We must expel them from WorldVision and sports
And then we will rejoice and sing this strain

No smart people in your nation can be found
Their brains are too damaged to be repaired
Their brains are far too damaged to be repaired
In Britonisea the idiots abound
Ban them from living, and kill the clowns

"Ladies and gentlemen, I hope you enjoyed that song. We will sing it every time we face Britonisea in any contest, and we will refuse to participate in any contest Britonisea hosts, especially the fake Olympics. Those people are idiots who don't know what they're doing. We must ban them from every sporting contest in the multiverse. Oh, and WorldVision too. Now enjoy the hockey tonight."

You do this, and you will find yourself permanently banned from the forums. Which means zero participation from you, or any puppets of yours, on any RP that isn't entirely on the RMB or offsite forums for anyone. Is that clear? In addition, due to your obvious flamebait, *** 1 day ban ***

I'm also making a note on your nation about your harassment of Britonisea, given your GHR's and all the rest that can now be seen as an attempt at 'mods as weapons. You have disgraced yourself with your behavior here. And everyone can now see it.
Last edited by Dread Lady Nathicana on Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports