NATION

PASSWORD

RPing and Issues

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Zurest
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 22, 2005
Ex-Nation

RPing and Issues

Postby Zurest » Sat May 23, 2009 12:02 pm

and international organisations everywhere are united in their condemnation of the nation's zombified military (Zurest has found 1 easter eggs).

Does this count IC? I have zombified superhuman soldiers. Can you only kill one of my men by destroying their brain? Or are issues such as those ones void in RP?

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Re: RPing and Issues

Postby Bears Armed » Sat May 23, 2009 12:14 pm

That's up to the people with whom you RP, there's no fixed rule.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Zurest
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 22, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Zurest » Sat May 23, 2009 12:16 pm

Sweet deal. Thanks.

Third Spanish States
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Third Spanish States » Sat May 23, 2009 3:58 pm

Zurest wrote:and international organisations everywhere are united in their condemnation of the nation's zombified military (Zurest has found 1 easter eggs).

Does this count IC? I have zombified superhuman soldiers. Can you only kill one of my men by destroying their brain? Or are issues such as those ones void in RP?

Depends whether you use them for the sake of writing a good, different zombie-inspired RP, for the sake of having a sort of caricature and parody-like NS IC... or for the sake of winning. If you want to use such issue's outcome for the latter, you'll likely be ignored by most Modern Tech NSes.
PMT Factbook.
Honoro Sacrificium e Libertas : The Mindset, Jaredcohenia, New-Lexington, Binaria, Varejao, Hogsweat, Franberry, ChevyRocks, Izistan, Ulanpataar, North-Point, The Mindset, Vault 10, Rosbaningrad, Sharfghotten, Tyrandis, South Sharfgotten, Jeuna, Satirius, Zukariaa, Midlauthia et New Nicksyllvania.
Izistan wrote:Third Spanish States is a well known far-right activist so his attempts at humor can only be expected.

Umbagar wrote:%*$#! I put a crack in my screen thanks to the awesome "place fist here" sign. >:(

Lhazastan wrote:if all you want to do is run around being the big badass of a community, not only are you pathetic, but you are a bad RPer

Saxon Germany wrote:[...]you're practically a professional troll, TSS.[...]

Augarundus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Augarundus » Sun May 24, 2009 1:47 pm

I participate in realistic modern roleplays. As previously stated, depends on who you roleplay with. If you joined one of mine like that, I'd refuse to recognize you. Join a person who likes that sort of thing, and sure it can be canon.
Libertarian Purity Test Score: 160
Capitalism is always the answer. Whenever there's a problem in capitalism, you just need some more capitalism. If the solution isn't capitalism, then it's not really a problem. If your capitalism gets damaged, you just need to throw some capitalism on it and get on with your life.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sun May 24, 2009 1:49 pm

Pretty much what others have said - on the flip side of that, I generally try to choose my issues to match my nation, not the other way around. That way I have no weirdness bits creeping in that wouldn't usually happen - so long as I'm careful in my choosing at any rate.

You'll run into a plethora of preferences out there - best of luck figuring out where you have the most fun playing. :)

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Sun May 24, 2009 1:53 pm

Zurest wrote:I have zombified superhuman soldiers.

From my point of view, your soldiers can think they're zombies or superhuman or Napoleon or the Queen of the May. They won't be treated any differently.

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby North Wiedna » Sun May 24, 2009 1:58 pm

Does this remind anyone else of Battalion War's Iron Legion?
I am not at all interested in immortality, only in the taste of tea.

Third Spanish States
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Third Spanish States » Sun May 24, 2009 1:58 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:
Zurest wrote:I have zombified superhuman soldiers.

From my point of view, your soldiers can think they're zombies or superhuman or Napoleon or the Queen of the May. They won't be treated any differently.

This reminds me of a RL history about one of the independence wars in Africa, where the guerrillas would go to a shaman to be blessed with "bulletproof magic", and they actually believed in it.
PMT Factbook.
Honoro Sacrificium e Libertas : The Mindset, Jaredcohenia, New-Lexington, Binaria, Varejao, Hogsweat, Franberry, ChevyRocks, Izistan, Ulanpataar, North-Point, The Mindset, Vault 10, Rosbaningrad, Sharfghotten, Tyrandis, South Sharfgotten, Jeuna, Satirius, Zukariaa, Midlauthia et New Nicksyllvania.
Izistan wrote:Third Spanish States is a well known far-right activist so his attempts at humor can only be expected.

Umbagar wrote:%*$#! I put a crack in my screen thanks to the awesome "place fist here" sign. >:(

Lhazastan wrote:if all you want to do is run around being the big badass of a community, not only are you pathetic, but you are a bad RPer

Saxon Germany wrote:[...]you're practically a professional troll, TSS.[...]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates