NATION

PASSWORD

FQ-41 Raven & AQ-41 Hawk [DO NOT POST]

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Pharthan
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

FQ-41 Raven & AQ-41 Hawk [DO NOT POST]

Postby Pharthan » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:16 am

FQ-41A RAVEN
MULTIROLE UNMANNED COMBAT AERIAL FIGHTER

Deviantart Page
RESTRICTION LEVEL TWO
Unit Cost:$65 Million
DPR Cost: $65 Billion
Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle
Length: 43ft
Wingspan: 31ft
Height: 4ft
Crew: 0 (1 Pilot, Remote Station)
Payload: 29,000lbs (13154kg)

Performance:
Maximum speed: Mach 1.1
Cruise speed: Mach 0.8+ est
Combat radius: 1050 mi
Service ceiling: 37,000 ft

Armament:
2 Wing Pylons (6 Missiles, Bombs) Total
2 Side Bays: 4 Air-To-Air Missiles Total

Avionics:
AESA radar
Distributed Aperture System (DAS) missile warning system
Electronic Warfare Suite
Multifunction Advanced Data Link (MADL) communication system

DESCRIPTION:
The F/Q-41A Raven was designed with the intention of augmenting fighter-pilots; while it can serve as a ground-attack aircraft, it excels at staying on-station and launching missiles in support of fighter pilots performing more close-range dogfights. The Raven lacks the ability to perform more of the complex maneuvers on it's own, save for those pre-programmed, though it can be flown by an individual pilot.

To augment forces further, specifically aircraft carriers, the Raven can be loaded into storage racks to allow for stacking the fighters four high, with the potential of adding an additional 20%, give or take for hangar-bay design, to a carrier's aircraft capacity. More complex loading racks allow for stacking Ravens in the overhead along nearly the entirety of the hangar bay, giving an additional boost in numbers. With automatic landing, taxiing, and flight systems, coordinating with a carrier's own landing systems speeds the process of catapult launches and traps, meaning that more Ravens can be fielded at a time than with typical fighters, allowing them to be cycled through faster.

What the Raven lacks in firepower, it makes up for in range and serviceability. Without an on-board pilot more room is made fuel and it's small size allows it to be easily hoisted for maintenance.

Armament Specifications:
Internal Bay (2)
- (1) Cruise Missile, <20 feet in length, or
- (2) Air-to-Air Missiles or 1000lbs bombs
- (4) 500lbs bombs
- (8) Small Diameter bombs

Wing Hardpoints:
(8) Medium sized Weapons, (4) Large Weapons
- (4) Cruise Missiles / Air to Air Missiles, / 1000 lbs Bombs, (8) Air to Air Missiles / 1000 lbs Bombs
- (8) 500 lbs Bombs, (16) 500 lbs Bombs
- (16) Small Diameter bombs, (32) Small Diameter Bombs

IN CARRIERBORNE CARRYING RACKS
ImageImage
[/align]

Last edited by Pharthan on Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:20 am, edited 6 times in total.
HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

"Humanity is a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"Besides, if God didn't want us making glowing fish and insect-resistant corn, the building blocks of life wouldn't be so easy for science to fiddle with." - Dracoria

Why haven't I had anything new in my storefront for so long? This is why. I've been busy.

Pharthan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pharthan » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:18 am

AQ-41B HAWK
MULTIROLE UNMANNED COMBAT AERIAL VEHICLE

Deviantart Page
RESTRICTION LEVEL TWO
Unit Cost:$49 Million
DPR Cost: $49 Billion
Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle
Length: 43ft
Wingspan: 40ft
Height: 11ft
Crew: 0 (1 Pilot, Remote Station)
Payload: 34,500lbs (15649kg)

Armament:
6 Wing Pylons (12 Missiles, Bombs or 24 Air-To-Ground Missiles or 72 Rockets)
2 Side Bays: 4 Air-To-Air Missiles, Total

Performance:
Maximum speed: Mach .07
Cruise speed: Mach 0.4+ est
Combat radius: 1850 mi
Service ceiling: 34,000 ft

Avionics:
AESA radar
Distributed Aperture System (DAS) missile warning system
Electronic Warfare Suite
Multifunction Advanced Data Link (MADL) communication system

Armament Specifications:
Internal Bay (2)
- (1) Cruise Missile, <20 feet in length, or
- (2) Air-to-Air Missiles or 1000lbs bombs
- (4) 500lbs bombs
- (8) Small Diameter bombs

Wing Hardpoints:
(12) Medium sized Weapons, (6) Large Weapons
- (6) Cruise Missiles / Air to Air Missiles, / 1000 lbs Bombs, (12) Air to Air Missiles / 1000 lbs Bombs
- (12) 500 lbs Bombs, (32) 500 lbs Bombs
- (32) Small Diameter bombs, (48) Small Diameter Bombs

Survivability in warfare is key, and attack aircraft suffer some of the heaviest losses. Enter the Hawk: a remotely operated Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, the first of it's kind to employ heavy firepower in a small attack aircraft capable of multiple roles, including COIN, Ground Attack, and Reconnaissance.

The AQ-41B Hawk is the Counter-Insurgency (COIN)/Attack Aircraft for the 21st Century. It is intentionally designed without an internal gun to reduce weight for standard attack and reconnaissance missions, allowing it to maintain a much longer stay-time and boost it's range. The modern armored vehicle can withstand heavier guns which would normally be mounted on such an attack aircraft, and foregoing such a weapon like the 30mm GAU-8 allows for a heavier missile-bomb payload more adequately suited to vehicle-attack missions.

The Hawk utilizes a push-engine, favoring over a puller-style. The push-propeller allows for forward mounted avionics where they are ideally suited, a shorter drive-train, and reduces aerodynamic issues involved with a puller engine. It is top-mounted to reduce radar signature from below, as well as noise.

Last edited by Pharthan on Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:18 am, edited 8 times in total.
HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

"Besides, if God didn't want us making glowing fish and insect-resistant corn, the building blocks of life wouldn't be so easy for science to fiddle with." - Dracoria

Why haven't I had anything new in my storefront for so long? This is why. I've been busy.

Pharthan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pharthan » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:53 am

[RESERVED]
HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

Return to Global Economics and Trade