NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC IX [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:05 pm

"PL wouldn't be the same without you" goes into the literal as well as the sentimental. The OP stuff is laced so deep into the overarching plot of PL, that taking that away would be like ripping someone's spine out. While I know we've all improved, I don't believe that a sudden withdrawal would fare well for most of us. I and others could only try to create a substitute backbone for the PL plot, the time it would take to get something running smoothly would be very turbulent and I don't feel like PL would make it. But again, that's something we need, not something you need.
Last edited by Giovenith on Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:07 pm

Why the hell is this all transpiring over the stupid halloween gameplya bullshit?

If PL closes, then there's no reason for me to remain on NS. If we lose all the people I love to share PL with, there's no reason for me to stay in PL, and thus NS as well.

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:10 pm

I may not know any of the details, but this I know.

PL is a central tennant of this little community here, it may be slowly winding down as the regulars have their hands full with life, but it would be a shame to lose a place that feels like home. We have all needed the occasional boot up the backside to realize what we do. PL will carry on for now, slowly unwinding...

None of us wants to let the adventure we have all grown attached to to end. But a day will come after "Find out in the next thrilling thread!" when what comes next never does. This is how the thread ends, not with a bang but with a whimper.

Even when this is gone I will shadow you guys and appear when you need to be picked up. Because I care for you all, but cannot describe why. I remember back in the first thread I logged in at work, anxious to read what I've missed. That enthusiasm is a lot dimmer than it was, but the flame isn't gone. Why keep the flame of PL going? Because I can tell you it is bloody hard to start a new fire. I've left vast quantities of dead threads in my wake that didn't even see the second page, countless aborted ideas that never made it off the ground.

Don't abandon the plane because it is going down, or else I'll jump in that pilot's seat trying to glide it as far as it can. Which would probably be a bad idea because I can't fly this plane, there are better qualified RPers here.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:11 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Why the hell is this all transpiring over the stupid halloween gameplya bullshit?

If PL closes, then there's no reason for me to remain on NS. If we lose all the people I love to share PL with, there's no reason for me to stay in PL, and thus NS as well.

This is not about the zombie event itself, this is about TNEL and Morlo's behavior in the TABStaff IRC over it. They were cruel to Swith, and thus resulted in her and Tilt's departure.
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Giovenith wrote:This is not about the zombie event itself, this is about TNEL and Morlo's behavior in the TABStaff IRC over it. They were cruel to Swith, and thus resulted in her and Tilt's departure.

But it's rooted in the zombie thing, that's what initially caused it. That's what I meant.

Honestly, I really wish Swith would stay around. I spent a good portion of last night trying to get TNEL to calm down over TG's, and talk things out civilly, so I don't know if it worked or not, but I just want things to be alright between us all, I don't want all the negativity around here.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:18 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
Giovenith wrote:This is not about the zombie event itself, this is about TNEL and Morlo's behavior in the TABStaff IRC over it. They were cruel to Swith, and thus resulted in her and Tilt's departure.

But it's rooted in the zombie thing, that's what initially caused it. That's what I meant.

Honestly, I really wish Swith would stay around. I spent a good portion of last night trying to get TNEL to calm down over TG's, and talk things out civilly, so I don't know if it worked or not, but I just want things to be alright between us all, I don't want all the negativity around here.

I wasn't there, I don't know what was said. But it doesn't matter what initially caused it, because what happened can't be dismissed on the grounds of, "it's just one zombie event." Disrespect and antagonism toward the CoOP's extends over all of PL and TAB, it does not pass with the Halloween event.

I certainly don't hold grudges toward TNEL as a person. But trying to shrink the gravity of what he did, which was apparently enough to drive away Swith and Tilt, is not going to work out or solve any of this.
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:20 pm

Giovenith wrote:I wasn't there, I don't know what was said. But it doesn't matter what initially caused it, because what happened can't be dismissed on the grounds of, "it's just one zombie event." Disrespect and antagonism toward the CoOP's extends over all of PL and TAB, it does not pass with the Halloween event.

I certainly don't hold grudges toward TNEL as a person. But trying to shrink the gravity of what he did, which was apparently enough to drive away Swith and Tilt, is not going to work out or solve any of this.

Oh, no doubt. Treating people like shit isn't acceptable at all. I learned that the hard way a year or two ago when I was a shittier person.

And I suppose I've got gripes against the Co-OP's, but I try not to treat them badly, they're people too.

*Nods*

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:21 pm

What's happening right now very much reminds me of what happened two years ago. Given a look from both sides since that day, I can say the action that was taken was necessary. I love Swith like an adopted mother because she's helped me through tough times without asking for anything in return. She was so gracious to me, even when I was at my worst. Still, the action we took is the action I believe is necessary to take this time as well. TNEL needs time away. Extended time away. Then, and only then, will he truly have a chance at changing if he so chooses. I don't want to chase him out with a torch and pitchfork, but rather a sort of farewell to arms.

What Giovenith says is also right. PL just wouldn't be the same. That, back then, was my reason for going to you and Tilt, Swith and Bones, all of you to let me go into exile in your place. It was a choice I had to make: Me, or the thread. And I chose the thread, and left. PL isn't about one or two people, PL is about everyone. PL wouldn't be here if Bones and Dab and Tsu and I weren't all screwing around in the "Meanwhile in Your Nation" thread together and then decided that we should make our own thread and have it open to everyone. But what we had back then was nothing compared to the history that's been built here. And as much as it pains me to say this; I don't think we'd be able to keep PL up to par with how high you've raised the bar. But that won't stop us from trying, and it shouldn't stop you from making your decisions on your own.

I hate to see old friends go. I breaks my heart.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:27 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
Giovenith wrote:I wasn't there, I don't know what was said. But it doesn't matter what initially caused it, because what happened can't be dismissed on the grounds of, "it's just one zombie event." Disrespect and antagonism toward the CoOP's extends over all of PL and TAB, it does not pass with the Halloween event.

Oh, no doubt. Treating people like shit isn't acceptable at all. I learned that the hard way a year or two ago when I was a shittier person.

And I suppose I've got gripes against the Co-OP's, but I try not to treat them badly, they're people too.

*Nods*

Then you need to buckle down and help us with this, as it will not be brushed off with the holiday. No matter how uncomfortable, sometimes "negativity" is something to endure for the greater good. Cer is (or was) pissed, and has good reason to be. Our job now is to try and prove that we're still worth it.
she/her

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:28 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Why the hell is this all transpiring over the stupid halloween gameplay bullshit?

Because, it was an event that our illustrious leaders put time and effort into to make perfect, even if not all of us were interested. Hell, I wasn't 100% into gameplay, but I still supported the regional event and had fun working in unison with everyone to cure the fuck out of some rotters.

It was an operation that was being planned and looked forward to for weeks prior, and which was nearly foiled by a lack of attention to Gameside issues -- of course, I can't completely be mad at TNEL for such, but it was still a fluke nonetheless, and it would've been bad for the operation that Swith and Cer had been planning for some time. Because of that, I find the decision to eject the offender from TAB a reasonable action, and one that ultimately saved the day.

I don't care to voice my opinions of the behavior of everyone in the IRC or over TG. I support keeping Swith & Tilt however.

Shit. Gio's outdoing me. I'm selfish, I admit. If only I could be so impartial.
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:29 pm

Giovenith wrote:Then you need to buckle down and help us with this, as it will not be brushed off with the holiday. No matter how uncomfortable, sometimes "negativity" is something to endure for the greater good. Cer is (or was) pissed, and has good reason to be. Our job now is to try and prove that we're still worth it.

Well, no. Let me rephrase that. I've got no gripes with the Co-OP's for what they do, and their jobs. I have gripes with the person behind the computer, I suppose.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:33 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
Giovenith wrote:Then you need to buckle down and help us with this, as it will not be brushed off with the holiday. No matter how uncomfortable, sometimes "negativity" is something to endure for the greater good. Cer is (or was) pissed, and has good reason to be. Our job now is to try and prove that we're still worth it.

Well, no. Let me rephrase that. I've got no gripes with the Co-OP's for what they do, and their jobs. I have gripes with the person behind the computer, I suppose.

That doesn't matter. Do you want PL to be alive and support the people who have put blood, sweat, and tears into it, or do you not?
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:35 pm

Giovenith wrote:
The BranRiech wrote:Well, no. Let me rephrase that. I've got no gripes with the Co-OP's for what they do, and their jobs. I have gripes with the person behind the computer, I suppose.

That doesn't matter. Do you want PL to be alive and support the people who have put blood, sweat, and tears into it, or do you not?

I want PL to stay afloat, to continue to provide a place where I can come to at the end of a long day and have fun with the people I consider my 2nd Family.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:38 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

I want PL to stay afloat, to continue to provide a place where I can come to at the end of a long day and have fun with the people I consider my 2nd Family.

Then whatever problems you have with individual CoOP's, whatever they may be, do not have a place in this topic.
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:43 pm

Giovenith wrote:Then whatever problems you have with individual CoOP's, whatever they may be, do not have a place in this topic.

I know. I just wanted to admit that I'm not free from blame either.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:48 pm

And sorry for the double post, but I feel it necessary, people might miss it if I just edited my post.

In this instance, and all instances to follow. I voice my full support of the OP and Co-OPs.

The Thade
Lobbyist

Founded: May 24, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Thade » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:57 pm

Bran it comes down to figuring out where we want to go from here and how we will approach it.

My feelings:
1. It's a good group of people. I genuinely like all of you. It's not about "if you're worth the effort" but if PL is still worthwhile to the group.
2. We can't read minds. We need feedback. For example, we planned ZD this year starting from desires expressed last year. Lack of feedback means we have no input hence we stay 'on course' with the original plan. This happens often

"We really want XYZ to happen"
*much planning, much work, xyz happens*
"Oh, I don't see what the big deal is. It's only XYZ."

Spirit of cooperation. Torsi hit it on the head. "It was an event that our illustrious leaders put time and effort into to make perfect, even if not all of us were interested. Hell, I wasn't 100% into gameplay, but I still supported the regional event and had fun working in unison with everyone to cure the fuck out of some rotters."

Not everybody wants to partake in everything but things are offered because some people would like to do them. It's seldom that everyone is asked to participate, and we make certain that people need only put in the most minimal effort to get by. Some people do just the minimum. Some people support and enjoy being part of a group activity. Some go all out and get very involved.

All that said: we aren't a gaming system. We're a group and we need people to provide input, suggestions and effort.
It's a puppet.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:00 pm

Then maybe we should seriously just all get together, I don't know where, but we should all get together and just throw ideas around for what we think should become of PL. Brainstorm, converse, think. Player A wants more of this and less of that? Take that into consideration. Player B wants something completely different. Take that as well.

We just need better lines of communication, I think.

The Thade
Lobbyist

Founded: May 24, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Thade » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:01 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Then maybe we should seriously just all get together, I don't know where, but we should all get together and just throw ideas around for what we think should become of PL. Brainstorm, converse, think. Player A wants more of this and less of that? Take that into consideration. Player B wants something completely different. Take that as well.

We just need better lines of communication, I think.

Good thinking. We could do that here. Most everyone checks the OOC.
It's a puppet.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:04 pm

The Thade wrote:Good thinking. We could do that here. Most everyone checks the OOC.

We can choose to let this destroy us, or we can let it make us better.

I like a quote from World War Z at this point.

"Great times make great men, though great times can certainly destroy one as well."

Paraphrased, I forgot the actual quote.

Fggwyyliieimn
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fggwyyliieimn » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:10 pm

Swith,
I haven't been around that long. I've been on PL maybe half a year.
I'm still going to miss you.
I recently saw a thread about our nations' versions of Halloween. I knew that I wanted to do something; I didn't know what. Well, now I know where to start.
It's going to involve fennecs somehow.
Thank you for everything, Swith, and good luck.
Alternate nation of Fvaarniimar
To avoid confusion, please refer to me as "Fvaar" OOC.
Will return:.Will check in with Fvaarniimar and will return to Fggwyyliieimn when needed for Z-Day.
On account of an alien virus' interaction with the magic of the vessel and its passengers, (the) Fggwyylieimn is currently subjected to a plague of Inferi-like creatures able to transmit their condition.
This puppet's canon starts midway through Harry Potter. FanT/PMTish (modern tech enhanced/simulated via magic.) FTL in use.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:17 pm

I honestly don't have any ideas that could greatly improve PL from what it is now. I feel like everything's just fine. But I'm open to hearing others.

On an individual scale rather than an RP scale, I would suggest simply encouraging people to not be afraid to shoot ideas with one another. I feel like a lot of people want to do a lot of things with others, but they get stuck trying to navigate the usual business of the IC that they don't manage to ask about it. Guys, if you want to do something or plan something with a certain character, don't be afraid to TG that person or state so in the OOC, and sort out a way to make it happen. Something simple like, "I think it'd be cool if my character A could interact with your character B." It'd save a lot of beating around the bush.
she/her

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:23 pm

Gio and Bran both got points.

I, recently, have been really thinking about something fun to do IC. I just wanna see us kinda delve back into the wacky classic-esque adventures for a bit, but still maintain our current vibe and all. I like PL, but we need to turn up a little. I mean, it's PL.

Remember when everyone stormed the raptor compound, or fought a Cthulu monster on the island. Or Torii and others getting posessed by a demon (looks at Prim), or just small bickering and fighting here and there. That stuff was awesome, even if we all got confused as hell.

Or hell, what happened with saving gods and going to other places to fight dangerous enemies? Also, fairies.
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:38 pm

When it comes to crazy stuff, I think people are just concerned that they'll wind up going too far and wrecking something.
Last edited by Giovenith on Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she/her

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:40 pm

Giovenith wrote:When it comes to crazy stuff, I think people are just concerned that they'll wind up going too far and wrecking something.

A lot of the early stuff we've run we've gotten in over our heads and realized it way too late.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse