NATION

PASSWORD

IFC Council (IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:55 am

Estenia wrote:
Flardania wrote:
"Would the delegate care to explain, how a world war would come about?"

"Easy, as you see Bratislav is a very strong power, Paldavia is a small nation, nations who want to become rich will support Bratyislav while the protectors will support Paldavia. Most of the neighbouring nations will surely participate in that, then situation gets ourt of control with those nations and more nations are getting involved to stop the situation, this leads to Great War or a World War. Which will strike all of us and we will be under a financial and military crisis which leads to a worse Crisis that we have now, 10 times worse."

Junko sighed and rubbed her temple. "Why are the Estenian-Paldavians and the Estenian-Bratislavans fighting. Also furthermore wouldn't bringing a huge international force for a small ethnic dispute actually stimulate a World War?" Junko asked
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Estenia
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:57 am

Flardania wrote:
Estenia wrote:"Easy, as you see Bratislav is a very strong power, Paldavia is a small nation, nations who want to become rich will support Bratyislav while the protectors will support Paldavia. Most of the neighbouring nations will surely participate in that, then situation gets ourt of control with those nations and more nations are getting involved to stop the situation, this leads to Great War or a World War. Which will strike all of us and we will be under a financial and military crisis which leads to a worse Crisis that we have now, 10 times worse."

Junko sighed and rubbed her temple. "Why are the Estenian-Paldavians and the Estenian-Bratislavans fighting. Also furthermore wouldn't bringing a huge international force for a small ethnic dispute actually stimulate a World War?" Junko asked

Lisenko sighed and answered

"With that turbulence we have lately everything can happen. From small ethnic disputes whole wars can happen."
Runner-up at the 1st OMAHAN FUTSAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, 4th at Maple Leaf Bowl III, 4th on Baptism of Fire 57, 2nd at Runner Cup 4, 3rd at 21st World Lacrosse Championships.

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:20 am

Estenia wrote:
Flardania wrote:

Lisenko sighed and answered

"With that turbulence we have lately everything can happen. From small ethnic disputes whole wars can happen."

"I know that i'm just saying by calling in a huge force to "deal with it", that is what's actually going to cause the political mess."

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Estenia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:21 am

Flardania wrote:
Estenia wrote:Lisenko sighed and answered

"I know that i'm just saying by calling in a huge force to "deal with it", that is what's actually going to cause the political mess."

"Not just that, it can cause global mess and then world will fall into anarchy."
Runner-up at the 1st OMAHAN FUTSAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, 4th at Maple Leaf Bowl III, 4th on Baptism of Fire 57, 2nd at Runner Cup 4, 3rd at 21st World Lacrosse Championships.

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:30 am

Estenia wrote:
Flardania wrote:

"Not just that, it can cause global mess and then world will fall into anarchy."

"Okay, then why are you calling for international intervention. If you understand this you should spend every moment trying to avoiding international involvement."

New Carloso
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:31 am

Estenia wrote:
Flardania wrote:
"Would the delegate care to explain, how a world war would come about?"

"Easy, as you see Bratislav is a very strong power, Paldavia is a small nation, nations who want to become rich will support Bratyislav while the protectors will support Paldavia. Most of the neighbouring nations will surely participate in that, then situation gets ourt of control with those nations and more nations are getting involved to stop the situation, this leads to Great War or a World War. Which will strike all of us and we will be under a financial and military crisis which leads to a worse Crisis that we have now, 10 times worse."

Davies couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of a world war over some ethnic squabbles, "Lisenko, I'm sure the Carlossian Armed Forces will do its best to assist your government. I can't understand however why the Armed Forces of Estenia won't be able to crush them with relative ease. Carloso and Estenia are almost the exact same size in terms of population, am I correct? Either way, I highly doubt that our friend Robert Nikolev would intervene on the side of the ethnic Bratislavians, it isn't exactly in Bratislav's nature."
Last edited by New Carloso on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
THE OFFICIAL FACTBOOK OF CARLOSO | FatChineseGuy: Official Mascot | Proud Member and Minister for Defence of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | FEEL FREE TO JOIN ATLAS | CARLOSSIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION

Estenia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:36 am

Flardania wrote:
Estenia wrote:"Not just that, it can cause global mess and then world will fall into anarchy."

"Okay, then why are you calling for international intervention. If you understand this you should spend every moment trying to avoiding international involvement."

"Actually, we need help only from neighbouring nations and warn other nations not be involved."

New Carloso wrote:
Estenia wrote:"Easy, as you see Bratislav is a very strong power, Paldavia is a small nation, nations who want to become rich will support Bratyislav while the protectors will support Paldavia. Most of the neighbouring nations will surely participate in that, then situation gets ourt of control with those nations and more nations are getting involved to stop the situation, this leads to Great War or a World War. Which will strike all of us and we will be under a financial and military crisis which leads to a worse Crisis that we have now, 10 times worse."

Davies couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of a world war over some ethnic squabbles, "Lisenko, I'm sure the Carlossian Armed Forces will do its best to assist your government. I can't understand however why the Armed Forces of Estenia won't be able to crush them with relative ease. Carloso and Estenia are almost the exact same size in terms of population, am I correct? Either way, I highly doubt that our friend Robert Nikolev would intervene on the side of the ethnic Bratislavians, it isn't exactly in Bratislav's nature."

"We can, we can, but the situation grows faster than you think, in a day, they reached from 1.500 to 10.000 supporters, they are faster even from Islamist groups. But yet again, the only thing we ask you to do is to give us financial aid for the moment. So nobody of your nations gets hurt."

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Bratislav
Senator

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:37 am

OOC: Estenia, you can't start RPs involving Paldavia and my country without my consent. I am planning a future Paldavian RP after the Zernovyl crisis ends.
ATLAS REGION(The Best Region): viewtopic.php?f=23&t=265127
Country Info: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Bratislav

Estenia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:39 am

Bratislav wrote:OOC: Estenia, you can't start RPs involving Paldavia and my country without my consent. I am planning a future Paldavian RP after the Zernovyl crisis ends.

OOC: Don't worry it takes place on my land, and have of their ethnicities is Estenian. Remember that, don't worry, this will not damage your RP that you plan to do.

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Estenia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:02 pm

"I just heard we won it fast and swiftly, those Marin Korps were useful finally."

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

New Carloso
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:42 am

EMERGENCY SECURITY MEETING

"Delegates from the nations of the International Freedom Coalition, I am Eben Davies, Carloso's delegate and minister of defence for this alliance. An hour ago, SACTO, a clear show of defiance and arrogance. declared war on a fellow IFC member, Argentarino. It is by my knowledge, that in such a case, a declaration of war would ensure immediately. However, given the circumstances, I believe me must all now debate on what affirmative action. Remember, this is the first time that an alliance of reasonable size, has gone as far as attacking us. Such a conflict might cost us seriously, maybe even millions of lives. I now open the floor to suggestions."
THE OFFICIAL FACTBOOK OF CARLOSO | FatChineseGuy: Official Mascot | Proud Member and Minister for Defence of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | FEEL FREE TO JOIN ATLAS | CARLOSSIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION

Estenia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:54 am

"I have received a call by the Tsar about that, Estenia is preparing for a large scale conflict and everyone here must prepare for an event like that."

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

New Carloso
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:00 am

Estenia wrote:"I have received a call by the Tsar about that, Estenia is preparing for a large scale conflict and everyone here must prepare for an event like that."

"Good to hear. The Carlossian Air Force has been made ready to respond within 15 minutes. I trust the Carlossian and Estenian militaries will be capable of conducting snap military drills together."

Estenia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:04 am

New Carloso wrote:
Estenia wrote:"I have received a call by the Tsar about that, Estenia is preparing for a large scale conflict and everyone here must prepare for an event like that."

"Good to hear. The Carlossian Air Force has been made ready to respond within 15 minutes. I trust the Carlossian and Estenian militaries will be capable of conducting snap military drills together."

"They will, I have an idea of a successfull air attack. As Estenia's main branch of military is airforce, what about uniting our airforces for a great and successfull airstrike?"

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

New Carloso
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:08 am

Estenia wrote:
New Carloso wrote:"Good to hear. The Carlossian Air Force has been made ready to respond within 15 minutes. I trust the Carlossian and Estenian militaries will be capable of conducting snap military drills together."

"They will, I have an idea of a successfull air attack. As Estenia's main branch of military is airforce, what about uniting our airforces for a great and successfull airstrike?"

"Might I ask... how many aircraft carriers dose the Estenian Navy have exactly. We will be able to contribute our New-Carlingford-class supercarriers to aerial operations."

Estenia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:12 am

New Carloso wrote:
Estenia wrote:"They will, I have an idea of a successfull air attack. As Estenia's main branch of military is airforce, what about uniting our airforces for a great and successfull airstrike?"

"Might I ask... how many aircraft carriers dose the Estenian Navy have exactly. We will be able to contribute our New-Carlingford-class supercarriers to aerial operations."

"We have 2 kinds of aircraft carriers, Murin Supercarriers which 85 in total and Special Class Carriers which are 365. Our industrialization lately has skycroted the numbers of everything we have in the military including the seats for the people."

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:25 am

OOC: The Argentarino war is closed so.... it shouldn't lead to an alliance war. I'd ask around for clarification of this though - wasn't my decision.

Also:

Bratislav wrote:
Argentarino wrote:1. Probably, yes
2. Not at all. As I said, Cuscatlani and I have been talking about ending the RP via negotiations, not conflict. Therefore, we would not need the assistance of IFC as a body.

I see,,,in that case I accept you into our alliance. Of course, I do this with the knowledge that we won't be pulled into your current conflict, but of course any future instances of aggression towards you will warrant our use of collective defense. I say this because I don't want any states to join IFC because they only need military assistance in the current time and don't look to support the IFC community in any way.

While I think the IFC and SACTO will likely have a conflict if the current trend progresses... I'm not sure if it will be over this

Also Esty those carrier numbers are excessive (to be blunt). I'd reckon 10 most at most would be a massive drain on military funding, hence why the US doesn't have any more than that.
Last edited by Valaran on Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

Estenia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:35 am

Valaran wrote:OOC: The Argentarino war is closed so.... it shouldn't lead to an alliance war. I'd ask around for clarification of this though - wasn't my decision.

Also:

Bratislav wrote:
I see,,,in that case I accept you into our alliance. Of course, I do this with the knowledge that we won't be pulled into your current conflict, but of course any future instances of aggression towards you will warrant our use of collective defense. I say this because I don't want any states to join IFC because they only need military assistance in the current time and don't look to support the IFC community in any way.

While I think the IFC and SACTO will likely have a conflict if the current trend progresses... I'm not sure if it will be over this

Also Esty those carrier numbers are excessive (to be blunt). I'd reckon 10 most at most would be a massive drain on military funding, hence why the US doesn't have any more than that.

Oh mikstake, 4 to both then. :p

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:37 am

Estenia wrote:

Sorry to be like that, was involved in high realism RP (argentarino war) so still had that mindset. :(
Since you do spend a lot on your military, have a large public sector, and airforce is your priority, it would be reasonable for you to have more. But under 20, would be my updated view.
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

Estenia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:39 am

Valaran wrote:
Estenia wrote:

Sorry to be like that, was involved in high realism RP (argentarino war) so still had that mindset. :(
Since you do spend a lot on your military, have a large public sector, and airforce is your priority, it would be reasonable for you to have more. But under 20, would be my updated view.

7 to Murin Supercarriers and 8 to Special Class Carriers then, also let's take the discussiopn to the OOC thread.

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Elemental North
Senator

Founded: Aug 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:32 am

The United Democracies of Elemental North and the office of the Prime Minister stand ready to authorize war if necessary. Our entire military awaits the decision of this Council. We endorse war, and agree that SACTO has forsaken peace talks hard fought, and no longer won by this Alliance. I fired the best Foreign Minister this Alliance has had since the Delegation from Valaran because of it. Because I thought, if the seeming aggressor was gone, the peace talks could happen. What a fool I was, and my god has it cost us dearly. I apologize to the delegation from Ausitoria, ask why I haven't earned his respect, despite my best efforts, and affirm that if this Coalition wants me to go, I will go. But not until the vote has been held. Perhaps I AM part of a bygone era where we got things done. If this era prefers to simply destroy itself and fracture, by all means, remove me from the helm of it. Otherwise, we stand with the Defense Secretary, and ask that our fellow Delegates do the same, and show these SACTO thugs that freedom will not be smashed so easily, and certainly not with out a good god damn fight.
Last edited by Elemental North on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Bratislav
Senator

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:42 am

"We must remind everyone that Argentarino must formally apply for IFC RRF Assistance so that the Defense Minister can begin to render RRF assistance. The RRF is the first line of defense for our members, after which comes the individual efforts of fellow IFC States. "
ATLAS REGION(The Best Region): viewtopic.php?f=23&t=265127
Country Info: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Bratislav

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:34 am

"To the Prime Minister, I say this:" said Alexias, knowing that he was almost more popular after being fired than he had been before, and rather enjoying the moment.

"Did you honestly think that a ceasefire would work without someone saying that they would be severely displeased if people broke it? Obviously your policy needed some diplomatic support if it was to have any chance of working; so the Ausitorian Foreign Policy Office independently and separately fleshed out your demand for a ceasefire. And when my departure was rumoured, everybody realized that your policy had nothing to back it up with.

Since my departure, we have seen everybody testing the will of the IFC all at once. Throughout Elemental North's dictatorial rule we have seen members leave. Why? Because we have a leader who refuses to accept different opinions or tolerate dissent, and thinks that an iron hand and discipline is the way to run an alliance.

And, as we are seeing, it is not. The IFC does not need a personality cult. It does not need obedience. It needs freedom to accept different viewpoints.

One viewpoint that our Prime Minister obviously did not accept is Si vis pacem, para bellum: If you want peace, prepare for war; and negotiate from a position of strength, with firm beliefs in your convictions. And obviously in the midst of a crisis we are not prepared for war; and obviously that is why SACTO is laughing at us.

So what we must do, and what we must do very quickly; is get organized. The whole crux of the issue is the question of order. We varyingly accuse Elemental North of being a dictator in our alliance and failing to ensure international order abroad. What Elemental North or any future Prime Minister must realize is if this alliance is to thrive is that to ensure international order we do not need an exclusive order at home, where everybody without your opinion has to shut up or leave. What you need is a more inclusive order, a larger structure, which includes all who are tolerant. With that order you can go out and battle intolerance as a large powerful group, full of energy and ideas, like we used to be. For us to have order, we must have people who want to be inside that order; and they must be sufficiently numerous and energetic to keep that order safe from external threats."
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

New Carloso
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:52 am

"Members of the council, it is my belief that the time for ultimatums and threats has passed, it is now time to act. We must not in any way make ourselves look weak in front of those ignorant dogs, these Nazies. We should, as soon as possible, call a vote on whether we should go to war with SACTO or not."

Argentarino
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Argentarino » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:18 pm

"Esteemed members. As of now, our entire military has been put on the defensive. Our entire Navy was sunk at port, several of our air defenses and air bases have been targeted and damaged to the point where they are no longer effective, and we are dealing with a war against Cuscatlani sponsored, funded, and armed terrorists within the Kingdom. For now, though, we will not call on the RRF, as doing so would, in the opinion of His Majesty, escalate the paranoia of the SACTO leaders even more so. We are willing to make do with what we have, and those resources provided to us by allies. However, if there is consensus within the government that our defenses will not hold and the possibility of occupation is high, then we will call on the IFC to authorize the RRF to take immediate action."
Senator Sushila Fonseca
Red - Green Alliance, Fighting for your Fernão!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates