NATION

PASSWORD

Ejected from the WA? Here's why

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Ejected from the WA? Here's why

Postby [violet] » Sun May 23, 2010 5:07 pm

The World Assembly is getting much tougher on people who break the "one player, one WA member nation" rule. If you have been ejected from the WA, warned, or deleted, this explains why.

Q: I didn't know it was against the rules to have multiple WA member nations.
A: It is mentioned in the FAQ (see: "World Assembly"). Also, when you receive your invitation e-mail from the WA, it clearly spells out the penalties for breaching this rule. Not paying attention to this is not an excuse.

Q: I wasn't cheating! I only have one WA member nation. Your game got it wrong.
A: This is possible, but unlikely. The game uses four different methods to detect if the same person is operating multiple WA members. These methods include IP address tracking and login pattern detection. If your nation was deleted, the game gathered very strong evidence that it was being operated from the same location as other WA members on multiple occasions.

Q: My friends operate those other WA member nations. We all share the same computer.
A: I'm sorry if that's the case. There is no way for the game to tell how many people are on the other end of a computer. For this reason, breaches of WA rules involving only two members are usually punished with expulsion, not deletion.

However, please note this important point: we cannot take your word on how many people are really behind your computer. This is not because you are untrustworthy, it's simply that otherwise there is no way to enforce the WA rules.

Q: But that's not fair!
A: True, and again, I'm sorry if you and your friends have been punished unjustly. However, this is the closest we can come to fair. If we accepted people's explanations that they were using a public computer with their friends, we would have to let people create as many WA nations as they like. This would destroy the whole point of the WA.

The line has to be drawn somewhere, and thus, fair or not, the rule must stand.
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edit: split from obsolete OSRS as a stand-alone post

Return to Moderation