NATION

PASSWORD

Discussion about R/D Game and RP Opting Out

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:12 pm

Nephmir wrote:
No, as somebody else already said, it's more like this: a helicopter is crappy and dangerous to fly, and it can't be fixed. Nobody wants to fly it. Should you continue to keep and maintain and operate the helicopter? Yeah, no. Anybody with a brain would scrap it.

But people do want to play it; it is a huge community!

Then why do you need those that don't want to play it, if you have a huge community of people that do?

Exactly.

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:12 pm

Nephmir wrote:
No, as somebody else already said, it's more like this: a helicopter is crappy and dangerous to fly, and it can't be fixed. Nobody wants to fly it. Should you continue to keep and maintain and operate the helicopter? Yeah, no. Anybody with a brain would scrap it.

You're all going on about how you're disgusted with the mods, but quite honestly, I'm disgusted that the RP mentors, who are supposed to be supporting the site's community, wish to see the largest community in NS destroyed and "scrapped".

If you're just here to make wild, hysterical, totally unsupported accusations and generalizations, I'd like to ask you - in my non-ownership, random-person-on-the-street capacity - to please leave. You're not helping your case any.
Nephmir wrote:Well then maybe it's about time we has GP mentors.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand threadjack.
When the war is over
Got to start again
Try to hold a trace of what it was back then
You and I we sent each other stories
Just a page I'm lost in all its glory
How can I go home and not get blown away

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:13 pm

Virana wrote:It is their job to support and aid RPing.

Weren't you once banned for doing the exact opposite.
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:13 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Soldati senza confini wrote:
I know you and other defenders do a good job at actually defending our regions, so the blame is not shifted towards you Unibot, but the game style itself is what worries some of us, that we are being forced against our will to do things we didn't come to NationStates for.

The R/D game is actually part of Nationstates. It is built into the game.

If you have ever read the FAQ, it will talk about this.

Just because it is built into the game doesn't mean I have to play it. I did not give my consent to play that aspect of the game, I should not have to have it forced into me.

That is what I am talking about, that we are being forced into doing it anyways even though we care little about it.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:14 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
I know you and other defenders do a good job at actually defending our regions, so the blame is not shifted towards you Unibot, but the game style itself is what worries some of us, that we are being forced against our will to do things we didn't come to NationStates for.

Internet Explorer is installed on Windows by default.

Never used it, except to download Chrome.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:15 pm

Nephmir wrote:

You're all going on about how you're disgusted with the mods, but quite honestly, I'm disgusted that the RP mentors, who are supposed to be supporting the site's community, wish to see the largest community in NS destroyed and "scrapped".

It's a section of the community at best no larger than International Incidents in the most active members of the gameplay mechanics. All one needs is an opt-out option for the founder of a region and I guarantee 90% of founders won't figure it even exists as seen by how few regions have set up delegate controls to prevent raiders from vandalizing the region.
Last edited by The Serbian Empire on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:17 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:
Nephmir wrote:But people do want to play it; it is a huge community!

If you're just here to make wild, hysterical, totally unsupported accusations and generalizations, I'd like to ask you - in my non-ownership, random-person-on-the-street capacity - to please leave. You're not helping your case any.
Nephmir wrote:Well then maybe it's about time we has GP mentors.

This entire thread is a thread jack. I will defend the game I play as much as you defend yours. You think you're contributing something here, and you're not. This isn't helping anyone's case.

It's not generalizations- this thread is moving too fast to respond to each poster directly.

However, I will stop posting (for now) and leave you to your illusions that you're actually getting something accomplished by arguing your faulty cases here.

I wish you luck.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:18 pm

What makes this even more comical is that the mods think that everything will work itself out by maintaining the status quo.
Last edited by Wikipe-tan on January 13, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The lovable PMT nation of hugs and chibi! Now with 75% more Hanyū!
Oaledonian wiki | Decoli Defense | Embassy | OAF Military Info
Blackjack-and-Hookers wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

You bet your ass you will!
Divair wrote:NSG summer doesn't end anymore. Climate change.
Under construction
*POLITICALLY CONTENTIOUS STATEMENTS INTENSIFY*

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:19 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:It's a section of the community at best no larger than International Incidents in the most active members of the gameplay mechanics.

Tsk tsk. All the time you've spent in general, I would've thought that you would've provided a source to back this claim up.
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:22 pm

Nephmir wrote:This entire thread is a thread jack.

Thanks for proving you don't know what you're talking about.
Nephmir wrote: I will defend the game I play as much as you defend yours.

I'm glad to see that you're still bent on victimizing people who have no interest in your game whatsoever.
Nephmir wrote: You think you're contributing something here, and you're not.

Well, you would say that, given that we're arguing a case you don't like, so that's kinda meaningless...
Nephmir wrote:This isn't helping anyone's case.

Are you just copying me, now?
Nephmir wrote:It's not generalizations- this thread is moving too fast to respond to each poster directly.

Sorry it's too much for you.
Nephmir wrote:However, I will stop posting (for now) and leave you to your illusions that you're actually getting something accomplished by arguing your faulty cases here.

Man, if only you were capable of or willing to actually demonstrate how we're wrong on literally any level.
Nephmir wrote:I wish you luck.

I can't imagine why.
When the war is over
Got to start again

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:23 pm

Nephmir wrote:
The Tiger Kingdom wrote:If you're just here to make wild, hysterical, totally unsupported accusations and generalizations, I'd like to ask you - in my non-ownership, random-person-on-the-street capacity - to please leave. You're not helping your case any.

This entire thread is a thread jack. I will defend the game I play as much as you defend yours. You think you're contributing something here, and you're not. This isn't helping anyone's case.

It's not generalizations- this thread is moving too fast to respond to each poster directly.

However, I will stop posting (for now) and leave you to your illusions that you're actually getting something accomplished by arguing your faulty cases here.

I wish you luck.

I would like you to be honest and explain why you need people that don't want to play your game.

Is it fun? Do you enjoy raiding regions and upsetting their natives? After all, those that WANT to play the game will be hardly as disgruntled and upset.
Last edited by Esternial on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:25 pm

Premislyd wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:It's a section of the community at best no larger than International Incidents in the most active members of the gameplay mechanics.

Tsk tsk. All the time you've spent in general, I would've thought that you would've provided a source to back this claim up.

Since when did raiders learn the nature of General debating? I have heard jokes about them attempting to RP and it being so botched that it was some of the worst RPing seen in ages. I have seen only a handful of Black Riders conduct 95% of raids.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Stevid
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Antiquity
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Stevid » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:25 pm

Oaledonia wrote:What makes this even more comical is that the mods think that everything will work itself out by maintaining the status quo.

It's what happened last time...

Grand Russian Federation
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Russian Federation » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:27 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:

Given that I didn't come to NS for the R/D grief, as did most others in this thread, we ARE being forced to do something we don't want to do. Your post changes nothing other than stating what we already know. Yes, it is a part of gameplay, and yes, we know that.
R.I.P Tuva SSR, Unjustly deleted on 30/8/2014

If you RP with me, you accept my tech and history.
IC Name - Federated Commune of Russlavia

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:28 pm

Do you enjoy raiding regions and upsetting their natives

I raid Raiders, not natives.

And if you want me to stop posting, stop attacking me and I'll leave.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:28 pm

Stevid wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:What makes this even more comical is that the mods think that everything will work itself out by maintaining the status quo.

A little conformation that they, for a change, are actually going to fix something would be nice.
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

Under construction

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:29 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:
Premislyd wrote:

Since when did raiders learn the nature of General debating? I have heard jokes about them attempting to RP and it being so botched that it was some of the worst RPing seen in ages. I have seen only a handful of Black Riders conduct 95% of raids.

The problem with this sentence is you're assuming I'm a raider.

Still waiting on that source that backs your claim, b t w

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:29 pm

Nephmir wrote:

So then absolutely nothing we're doing would threaten what you do in any way whatsoever.
Nephmir wrote:And if you want me to stop posting, stop attacking me and I'll leave.

Translation: "Quit disagreeing with me and I'll quit posting".
Not a good move.
When the war is over
Got to start again

Virana
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:31 pm

Oaledonia wrote:
Stevid wrote:

A little conformation that they, for a change, are actually going to fix something would be nice.

It's not within the moderators' jurisdiction to "fix" anything. Gameplay fixes are programmed at the top of the flag pole. And even then, they take months to program, test, troubleshoot, and implement. The moderators are just doing their job: enforcing site rules, reiterating what administration has publicly announced as their stance, and letting you know that those are the facts. You're blaming the wrong people.
II Mentor specializing in MT and GE&T. If you need help, TG me, visit our thread, or join our IRC channel, #NSMentors on irc.esper.net!

Mentors Hub | Welcome to II | RP Questions | #NSMentors
International Incidents Mentor | IIwiki Administrator

Owner of the United Republic of Emmeria and everything about it

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:31 pm

Nephmir wrote:

And if you want me to stop posting, stop attacking me and I'll leave.

Oh, please. Don't develop a persecution complex too quickly, now.

The reason I ask you questions is because I want to understand your position and point-of-view.

Okey. Thank you for that answer. Building up from that: if you raid raiders, then what would be the point of involving "non-combatants"? They're not raiders.
Last edited by Esternial on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tippercommon
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tippercommon » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:33 pm

Last edited by Tippercommon on Wed Oct 09, 1996 10:46 pm, edited 3.1416 times in total.
Looking for a Modern Tech Roleplay Region? Check out Anterra!

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:33 pm

Virana wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:A little conformation that they, for a change, are actually going to fix something would be nice.

It's not within the moderators' jurisdiction to "fix" anything. Gameplay fixes are programmed at the top of the flag pole. And even then, they take months to program, test, troubleshoot, and implement. The moderators are just doing their job: enforcing site rules, reiterating what administration has publicly announced as their stance, and letting you know that those are the facts. You're blaming the wrong people.

I haven't seen any "Hey guys, we know this is a problem, working on it".

Under construction

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:34 pm

Tippercommon wrote:

You know, things like that aren't helping your cause.

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:35 pm

Tippercommon wrote:

Thanks for once again establishing that raiders are totally unwilling to honestly deal with us. Couldn't have asked for better support from you guys.
Last edited by The Tiger Kingdom on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When the war is over
Got to start again

Tippercommon
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tippercommon » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:35 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:
Tippercommon wrote:

You know, things like that aren't helping your cause.

Implying I have a cause.
Last edited by Tippercommon on Wed Oct 09, 1996 10:46 pm, edited 3.1416 times in total.
Looking for a Modern Tech Roleplay Region? Check out Anterra!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation