NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC VIII [OPEN -Sign up and Planning]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:52 pm

I'd be sure to bring along a character I know I can keep interest in playing if I were to go again.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:22 pm

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:25 pm

So now we're back home?
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:34 pm

The Carlisle wrote:So now we're back home?

Yes. I'm about to do a sitrep here so people know what's going on.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Motoneuron
Attaché

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Motoneuron » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:37 pm

Oops, I think I was a little late and posted after the return. That post takes place before it.
<3 Loving Mate of New Aksarben<3

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:54 pm

SITREP

CURRENT CONDITIONS:
  • Bielefeld Time: 10 PM
  • Weather: 70*F/21*C, light rain.
  • Forecast: Rains clear by morning

FOB:
Read the IC post here: viewtopic.php?p=20489245#p20489245

Characters may or may not remember the arrival of the Lads. Regardless of skills/abilities, characters went unconscious. Any characters with recording devices will find those devices blanked regarding their entire time in Vafflehelm. Some characters will remember things told to them while they were asleep; those characters' handlers will have a TG from me that outlines what was told to them. No TG? It means you remember nothing but falling asleep.

We need to get the new arrivals into apartments. Players, please bring your characters to the lobby so we can process them into the game setting if they have never had an apartment here before. They'll go through the standard procedure to get set up with an apartment, etc.

NEW PLAYERS who haven't had Characters in Bielefeld before: please read city data and Building information to familiarize yourself with the normal game setting.

Char!Bran will awake in his own bed with no memory of the event (including Rylli being in the Bielefeld universe). Likewise, Jorgen and any players who joined but didn't actively participate will not recall anything from FOB.

GAME EVENTS:
  • Allspice. (ongoing, paused)
  • Thriller Revival/Book (ongoing - closed)
  • Aegis Story (ongoing - closed)
  • Natiya/Aleki trip (ongoing - closed)
  • Tribblequest (ongoing - closed)

OP/CoOP STUFF:
We're going back to player-run stories. Some things on the table:
  • Kei story
  • GT's story
  • Monfrox trip
  • SCP story
  • Branriech revisited
  • Swithwardian trip

GMs: get your plans in order if you intend to run a long-term adventure. How many characters will you need? Old school PL had several stories running at once. Our thread should start to become very busy again. Not all players will want to send characters so poll now to find out who is interested in what you're doing.

You'll still need to run things by me, please, if you believe your story will last longer than a day or two. I'll be gone next week but I'm leaving Swith, Tilt and Min in charge. Run stories by them.

Running your own stories doesn't mean we're going to have a chat location feel. Please try to make "scenes" count towards something other than two characters doing typical chat location thread bullshit.

A note on nation visits: Figure out exactly what you want players to experience. It should have a plot (adventure) or have an II feel where players function on a diplomatic level. It can have both if you're willing to take the extra time. I'm very open to players opening up a closed thread in P2TM just for a "nation" visit; it really doesn't belong in II (IMHO) because you're inviting PL characters from places other than other players' nations.

PLAYERS: we have player-run stories coming up. Don't volunteer to be in one if you won't post. Some of our player-refs are brand new to running a story and your inactivity and general BSery might jade them to the point where they lose faith or become too disheartened to run another story. It's not fair to them.

Also, please be advised that, in the future, my stories are invite-only unless it's for a main event such as Creepfest.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:55 pm

Motoneuron wrote:Oops, I think I was a little late and posted after the return. That post takes place before it.

Redact it and write a reply that fits with the arrival back home, please.

edit:
And he logs off.

People, please don't base your posts off Moto's. He can fix it tomorrow.
Last edited by Cerillium on Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator

Founded: May 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:07 am

FOB over? Time for Cerril to head out and get more developed off-screen whilst I bring in a more interesting character, hopefully. :P
Your NS Nation's Nickname: Tinell

Character Name: Sherril Estafador

Character Gender: Female

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Arkadat

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age): 5'9 feet. 130 lbs. Age 19.

URL to Character Picture, if any: http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj6 ... 556111.jpg

(12 points to spend, no single power over 8. FLAWS must be applied to characters with powers)
Physical Attributes (if any above normal mortal human):
DEX: 2
INT: 3
PER: 1

Character Unique Skills(if any):
Singing: 2
Programming: 4

Character Weaknesses/Flaws:
Prone to panic in high stress situations.
Over-protective of her younger siblings, as well as her nieces and nephews.

Character Background/Biography: Sherril is the twin sister of Cerril, and the kinder of the two. While Cerril is brash, combative, and prefers to solve arguements with his fists, Sherril will tend to try to talk it out beforehand, and if that doesn't work, probably have her mother deal with the issue. As a non-crowned child, Sherril wasn't given as much training as a leader, diplomat, or fighter as her older brother, and as such was given more freedom to learn what she wanted to. As such, she's spent most of her time learning about history and the inner workings of computers, and loves spewing random bits of historical trivia, especially if it relates to Tinell, or talking about various technical jargon.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation:
General boredom with life in the castle, and is planning on getting some sort of job in Bielefield at some point to have some personal spending cash that isn't tied to royal accounts.

URL to Apartment Picture:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yKoNJZeCORA/U ... niture.jpg

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:

Sherril is the slightly younger twin of Cerril, who is the much nicer, much smarter, and much quicker of the two. She's come to Bielefield for the sake of change, to find herself a job so she can have a little extra spending cash, and to get some new culture in her mind.
Liquid Wallaby Characters, Updated 4/27 (Rough sketches for Creezul and Kehelli are completed)
If you use the term SJW or 'politically correct' to describe anyone left of center, I'm pretty sure that destroys all of your credibility as an intelligent human being. Quit being a twit and use something other than a buzzword to make your point.
A Moderately-Talented But Very Unreliable Roleplayer
Current flag is Frisk's Unamused Face

Motoneuron
Attaché

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Motoneuron » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:29 am

Cerillium wrote:
Motoneuron wrote:Oops, I think I was a little late and posted after the return. That post takes place before it.

Redact it and write a reply that fits with the arrival back home, please.

edit:
And he logs off.

People, please don't base your posts off Moto's. He can fix it tomorrow.

Added a part to the end that should take it up to where we're at
<3 Loving Mate of New Aksarben<3

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:30 am

Oi, I'm Happy. Goodnight, everyone. Going to rewatch some Black Lagoon and go to bed.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Transgravitas Directorate
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transgravitas Directorate » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:59 am

TotallyNotEvilLand wrote:FOB over? Time for Cerril to head out and get more developed off-screen whilst I bring in a more interesting character, hopefully. :P

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age): 5'9 feet. 130 lbs. Age 19.

URL to Character Picture, if any: http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj6 ... 556111.jpg

(12 points to spend, no single power over 8. FLAWS must be applied to characters with powers)

Character Background/Biography: Sherril is the twin sister of Cerril, and the kinder of the two. While Cerril is brash, combative, and prefers to solve arguements with his fists, Sherril will tend to try to talk it out beforehand, and if that doesn't work, probably have her mother deal with the issue. As a non-crowned child, Sherril wasn't given as much training as a leader, diplomat, or fighter as her older brother, and as such was given more freedom to learn what she wanted to. As such, she's spent most of her time learning about history and the inner workings of computers, and loves spewing random bits of historical trivia, especially if it relates to Tinell, or talking about various technical jargon.

General boredom with life in the castle, and is planning on getting some sort of job in Bielefield at some point to have some personal spending cash that isn't tied to royal accounts.

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:

Sherril is the slightly younger twin of Cerril, who is the much nicer, much smarter, and much quicker of the two. She's come to Bielefield for the sake of change, to find herself a job so she can have a little extra spending cash, and to get some new culture in her mind.

Yay. Hi TNEL.
-OSS MEMBER-
Camicon wrote:
Divair wrote:Stormfront seems to leak repeatedly into here. Are we getting targeted or something?

They want our Adelie penguins...

The Drone Empire wrote:*Robo-Adelie Penguin lands on Bran*

"WAAAAAAAAGH! ROBO ADELIE IS YOUR RULER! CRUSH. KILL. DESTROY. CRUSH. KILL. DESTROY!" *Robo-Adelie waddles toward NVE*

Armenia II wrote:I searched 'Indonesian Prime Minister' and nothing came up, what's wrong with you guys?
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=13013646#p13013646

'I'm not just hard. I'm NP-hard, baby.'

That I never be arrogant; but if I should have that flaw, let it be the arrogance of collective guilt.

TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator

Founded: May 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:16 am

Transgravitas Directorate wrote:
TotallyNotEvilLand wrote:FOB over? Time for Cerril to head out and get more developed off-screen whilst I bring in a more interesting character, hopefully. :P

IMPORTANT:

Yay. Hi TNEL.

... Uh... hello. Person I don't recall meeting. :l
Liquid Wallaby Characters, Updated 4/27 (Rough sketches for Creezul and Kehelli are completed)
If you use the term SJW or 'politically correct' to describe anyone left of center, I'm pretty sure that destroys all of your credibility as an intelligent human being. Quit being a twit and use something other than a buzzword to make your point.
A Moderately-Talented But Very Unreliable Roleplayer
Current flag is Frisk's Unamused Face

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Transgravitas Directorate » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:30 am

TotallyNotEvilLand wrote:... Uh... hello. Person I don't recall meeting. :l

It's Tilt. This is one of my many puppets.
-OSS MEMBER-
Camicon wrote:
Divair wrote:Stormfront seems to leak repeatedly into here. Are we getting targeted or something?

"WAAAAAAAAGH! ROBO ADELIE IS YOUR RULER! CRUSH. KILL. DESTROY. CRUSH. KILL. DESTROY!" *Robo-Adelie waddles toward NVE*

Armenia II wrote:I searched 'Indonesian Prime Minister' and nothing came up, what's wrong with you guys?

That I never be arrogant; but if I should have that flaw, let it be the arrogance of collective guilt.

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby The Drone Empire » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:59 am

1.5 days away and everything does a somersault... >.>
"Protocol before Mercy; Directive before All."
The Drone Empire
Do not bow, do not praise, do not beg; you are pathetic enough already.
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...
You can call me Drone... or TDE.... or Dani. I don't know. ._.

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life
An amazing RP, especially for the inexperienced yet ambitious RPer.

The First National Bank of Roleplay Knowledge
Have questions about roleplaying? Ask them here. Please.

Border Of Reality
Explosions! Fire! Superpowers! Fun!
///Activate Troj.Ware <{F a c t b o o k}

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Transgravitas Directorate » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:22 am

The Drone Empire wrote:1.5 days away and everything does a somersault... >.>

:hug:

Want that beer now? The penguin and the machine, out for drinks.
-OSS MEMBER-
Camicon wrote:

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:44 am

Last day of school, bitches!

Well, then later today I see the therapist, and then I have to work after that too . . .

Damn my bosses to hell, they tell me my new schedule won't be Monday and every Friday, they tell me it'll be Mondays and a day on the weekend, and then guess what? They start scheduling me every friday, and fail to tell me the reason for it.

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby The Drone Empire » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:54 am

Transgravitas Directorate wrote:
The Drone Empire wrote:1.5 days away and everything does a somersault... >.>

:hug:

Want that beer now? The penguin and the machine, out for drinks.

Why the hell not?
:P

Sounds like that's poop, Bran.
"Protocol before Mercy; Directive before All."
The Drone Empire
Do not bow, do not praise, do not beg; you are pathetic enough already.
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...
You can call me Drone... or TDE.... or Dani. I don't know. ._.

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life
An amazing RP, especially for the inexperienced yet ambitious RPer.

The First National Bank of Roleplay Knowledge
Have questions about roleplaying? Ask them here. Please.

Border Of Reality
Explosions! Fire! Superpowers! Fun!
///Activate Troj.Ware <{F a c t b o o k}

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:59 am

Work calls. Will return later.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:39 pm

My mom quit her job last year. The company actually bagged her to come back, and promised not to put her open to close, and that she'd be manager at the store. They then started scheduling her open to close for over a week, and brought back the old manager.

She quit. We all laughed. The store fucked up :p

Well, I got a bad soar throat. Time to kick back with some Earl Grey and Ciprocal.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:19 pm

In the meantime, I am on break for now, and it turns out I might have to get me some Adderall or Concerta due to my AD(H)D. First, I need to contact my Primary Care Person.

Other then that, how is everyone else this Friday the 13th, with a full moon about us?

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:35 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:In the meantime, I am on break for now, and it turns out I might have to get me some Adderall or Concerta due to my AD(H)D. First, I need to contact my Primary Care Person.

Other then that, how is everyone else this Friday the 13th, with a full moon about us?

Both carry risks. Don't need to tell you that; you've most likely read up on them.

Word of caution: give up the energy drinks/boosts while on them. 22 year old intern gave himself a heart attack few years back. Was on Adderall. One "5 Hour Energy" later that morning sent him to the morgue. No prior heart problems.

Outcasts and Peasants
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Outcasts and Peasants » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:39 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:In the meantime, I am on break for now, and it turns out I might have to get me some Adderall or Concerta due to my AD(H)D. First, I need to contact my Primary Care Person.

Both carry risks. Don't need to tell you that; you've most likely read up on them.

Word of caution: give up the energy drinks/boosts while on them. 22 year old intern gave himself a heart attack few years back. Was on Adderall. One "5 Hour Energy" later that morning sent him to the morgue. No prior heart problems.

Meh, give up one good for another. Still only take it from Mon-Fri, Saturday and Sunday are relax days.

(For those who do not know, this is GT).

And so back to work early to pickup a package from the mail room in the basement.
Caretaker: GT

Original Owner: one of GT's brothers

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:10 pm

I'll post after work tonight.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:17 pm

Going camping up north where the signals aren't great. Might check out till Sunday, depends.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:31 pm

Giovenith wrote:Going camping up north where the signals aren't great. Might check out till Sunday, depends.

No worry. I think everyone's most likely going to goof around IC over the weekend. No one mentioned starting any stories.

Maybe we should do a Zalgofest for grins?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse