NATION

PASSWORD

PASSED: Liberate Islam

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Justice4Islam (Ancient)
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

PASSED: Liberate Islam

Postby Justice4Islam (Ancient) » Mon May 03, 2010 12:03 pm

I recently submitted a proposal to Liberate Islam, which you can approve here. Islam was invaded by Crusader of Injustice, and we, the natives of Islam didn't even have a chance to fight back, as the invaders put a password up before they revealed themselves.

I would like this resolution passed, because it is the only way we can get our region back. The drafting thread is here

Liberate Islam

A resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region

Category: Liberation | Nominee: (region): Islam | Proposed by: Justice4Islam

Description: The Security Council,

NOTING that Islam has long been a vibrant and successful community, providing a place for discussion on religion and cultural issues, not just for Muslims but for those of all faiths and none.

AWARE that unfortunately some nations desire control over Islam, rather than working to build it. Crusader of Injustice has attempted to gather all Muslims on NationStates together, but rather than pursuing diplomacy, has used force. This can be seen in Islam, where they have used agents such as Tarciam and Saladin III to implement a password and eject natives like Khilafa States and The Aeneid, The Kaaba. Islam is now in great danger, with a refound likely to occur in the coming weeks, so The Security Council must act.

DEFINES
(1) "Native" as a nation which takes up residence in a region without the intention of furthering the goals and aims of a foreign force, in accordance with SC15;
(2) "Password Grieving" as an invading technique, where an invader-in-disguise hides in a region long enough to accumulate a high level of regional influence, and then becomes in the founderless region to immediately establish an invisible password, and begin emptying the region of those not affiliated with their invader organisation, in accordance with SC13;

DECLARES that The Kaaba, Khilafa States and The Aeneid are natives of Islam, and Tarciam, Saladin III, Bosnia-and-Herzegovina, Union of the States and Zambia 2 are not, as they are "furthering the goals and aims of a foreign force";

RESOLVING that this occupation of Islam constitutes "Password Grieving", which is preventing the spread of interregional peace and goodwill;

DISMAYED that Islam has been crippled by this foreign occupation;

HEREBY Liberates Islam.

Thanks,
The Kaaba
Last edited by Kryozerkia on Wed May 12, 2010 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Poree
Envoy

Founded: Feb 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Poree » Mon May 03, 2010 1:40 pm

Well done. I am glad to see your efforts get this far and we added our approval to this proposal as well.

Good luck an we look forward to voting for it when it reaches the floor.
Sarah Woodman
Representative of The Empire of Poree
Regional Delegate

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Mon May 03, 2010 3:28 pm

Neat.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Mon May 03, 2010 3:30 pm

I'm in on this one, honoured ambassador from the nation of Justice4Islam. Supported.

Yours etc,
Last edited by Charlotte Ryberg on Mon May 03, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anime Daisuki
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Anime Daisuki » Mon May 03, 2010 5:22 pm

Justice4Islam wrote:I recently submitted a proposal to Liberate Islam, which you can approve here. Islam was invaded by Crusader of Injustice, and we, the natives of Islam didn't even have a chance to fight back, as the invaders put a password up before they revealed themselves.

Are you Kabaa? Could you post with that account so we know that it is you? I find it hard to believe a nation that was just created on 24 April (Justice4Islam) claiming to speak for "the natives of Islam".

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon May 03, 2010 5:30 pm

Anime Daisuki wrote:Are you Kabaa? Could you post with that account so we know that it is you? I find it hard to believe a nation that was just created on 24 April (Justice4Islam) claiming to speak for "the natives of Islam".

See this thread - he submitted with Justice4Islam because he needed 2 endorsements to submit, and Kabaa was still in Islam at the time (and couldn't get the endorsements there).

Anime Daisuki
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Anime Daisuki » Mon May 03, 2010 5:56 pm

Thanks for the link Sedge. Glad its clarified.

The Kaaba
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kaaba » Tue May 04, 2010 9:51 am

Sorry, I should have been clearer.

This looks like it should get to quorum, thanks to everyone who has approved it.

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Tue May 04, 2010 10:24 am

Since there is no reason for two topics on this proposal to exist, the drafting topic has been locked. You can find the link here.
Last edited by Kryozerkia on Tue May 04, 2010 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Inherentjoydom
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Inherentjoydom » Tue May 04, 2010 1:11 pm

Islam should be liberated.
His Imperial Highness Emperor of Inherentjoydom Luke I

Poree
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Poree » Wed May 05, 2010 9:33 am

Just a few more delegates and it will be in quorum.
Sarah Woodman
Regional Delegate

Oh my Days
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oh my Days » Wed May 05, 2010 12:58 pm

Okay, so they invaders came in and took the delegacy, but put a password in place before they revealed themselves, giving the natives no chance to fight back.

Did Islam do anything against CoJ? If not, then a Liberation is definitely justified.

That would leave me a dilemma, as I'm friends with them, but I could theoretically support this, if you can show me that Islam did nothing against CoJ.
Citizen of The East Pacific and Osiris

Euroslav WA Mission
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslav WA Mission » Wed May 05, 2010 1:23 pm

Oh my Days wrote:Okay, so they invaders came in and took the delegacy, but put a password in place before they revealed themselves, giving the natives no chance to fight back.

Did Islam do anything against CoJ? If not, then a Liberation is definitely justified.

That would leave me a dilemma, as I'm friends with them, but I could theoretically support this, if you can show me that Islam did nothing against CoJ.

It's a bit difficult for one to show proof of 'nothing'. If anything, I'd search for evidence that Islam may have committed actions against CoJ, and if you couldn't find any, then there's your reason to support the liberation.

Oh my Days
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oh my Days » Wed May 05, 2010 1:31 pm

Euroslav WA Mission wrote:
Oh my Days wrote:Okay, so they invaders came in and took the delegacy, but put a password in place before they revealed themselves, giving the natives no chance to fight back.

It's a bit difficult for one to show proof of 'nothing'. If anything, I'd search for evidence that Islam may have committed actions against CoJ, and if you couldn't find any, then there's your reason to support the liberation.

Yes, I should have expressed myself better. I would indeed place the burden of proof on CoJ or anyone claiming that they were wronged, I was merely calling for any such evidence to come forward.
Citizen of The East Pacific and Osiris

Inherentjoydom
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Inherentjoydom » Wed May 05, 2010 1:52 pm

I would like proof too.

Naivetry
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Wed May 05, 2010 2:40 pm

Call me a cynic, but this is what invaders do; I wouldn't expect to find that Islam had done anything but exist Founderless. CoI are more than welcome to prove me wrong, but it looks like another day in the life for them:

WFE:
This region is now a region controlled by crusader of injustice

From the RMB:

3 days, 18 hours ago: Union of the states Raid Success!
2 days, 8 hours ago: Saladin III this is a great victory
Last edited by Naivetry on Wed May 05, 2010 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed May 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Oh my Days wrote:Did Islam do anything against CoJ?

Just so people don't get confused with terms, this is actually the Crusaders of Injustice who invaded (they are a raider group). The Crusaders of Justice are a 'guild' of Equinox, and are defenders - they were around beforehand.
Last edited by Sedgistan on Wed May 05, 2010 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inherentjoydom
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Inherentjoydom » Thu May 06, 2010 4:54 am

Why isn't it being voted on yet?

Blitzkrenia
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkrenia » Thu May 06, 2010 8:42 am

Inherentjoydom wrote:Why isn't it being voted on yet?

It will once the Great Nepal proposal fails or gets passed.
Last edited by Blitzkrenia on Thu May 06, 2010 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow." -Oscar Wilde

Justice4Islam (Ancient)
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Justice4Islam (Ancient) » Thu May 06, 2010 9:39 am

We did absolutely nothing against them, and kept ourselves to ourselves. Of course, there is no way to completely guarantee that no-one ever did anything to offend them, but how would that justify what they've done?

Solyhniya
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solyhniya » Thu May 06, 2010 9:49 am

Solyhniya and Slavija are 100% behind the liberation of Islam.
The Democratic Hetmanate of Solynia
Демократичне Гетьманство Солинії
The Pan-Slavic Union State Embassies
Dimoniquid wrote:Dear God, Solyhniya, you kick so much ass!

Skaladora wrote:Christians in general and Catholics in particular should stop giving more weight to the words of random morons, and listen more closely to what the guy they believe to have been the son of God has been saying.

United human countries wrote:Funniest joke is one you don't have to explain.

Unless they don't get it.

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11

Justice4Islam (Ancient)
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Justice4Islam (Ancient) » Thu May 06, 2010 9:55 am

Solyhniya wrote:Solyhniya and Slavija are 100% behind the liberation of Islam.

Please approve it, the link is in the OP. Although it is quorate, I'm worried that it could be taken out of the queue if delegates lose their seats.

Solyhniya
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solyhniya » Thu May 06, 2010 9:59 am

Done.
The Democratic Hetmanate of Solynia
Демократичне Гетьманство Солинії
The Pan-Slavic Union State Embassies
Dimoniquid wrote:Dear God, Solyhniya, you kick so much ass!

Skaladora wrote:Christians in general and Catholics in particular should stop giving more weight to the words of random morons, and listen more closely to what the guy they believe to have been the son of God has been saying.

United human countries wrote:Funniest joke is one you don't have to explain.

Unless they don't get it.

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11

Poree
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Poree » Sat May 08, 2010 12:28 am

I think this needs help to get passed. We need to reach out to our member ntions and encourage them to vote in this effort.
Sarah Woodman
Regional Delegate

WokaStates
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby WokaStates » Sat May 08, 2010 2:40 am

Athough Wokastates is an anti-muslim nation, we "condemn" such vicious attacks as we believe that all regions should be respected equally, no matter their beliefs. For this reason, the Federal Republic of Wokastates supports the Liberation of Islam.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives