NATION

PASSWORD

Problems in the Pacific (MT/OOC/Sign Ups Closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Congreveopia
Minister

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Fri May 02, 2014 4:32 pm

Die erworbenen Namen wrote:I saw an oil rig, two destroyers, and two civilian ships being destroyed.... I think I am qualified to assist.

What is with you and the intentional prodding? Stop it. This is an RP. I needed SOME way of getting there. If you want to be realistic, how do you still have a military budget with your space budget?

Wait, two destroyers blew up?
"Close air support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
Equator Confederation wrote:Congreveopia has spoken. Do it now.
Vancon wrote:Enter Cong, the smartest of our bunch.
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Republic of Vietnam
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Vietnam » Fri May 02, 2014 4:32 pm

Congreveopia wrote:
Die erworbenen Namen wrote:I saw an oil rig, two destroyers, and two civilian ships being destroyed.... I think I am qualified to assist.

What is with you and the intentional prodding? Stop it. This is an RP. I needed SOME way of getting there. If you want to be realistic, how do you still have a military budget with your space budget?

:shock:
Already?

The Macabees
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Fri May 02, 2014 4:35 pm

Padnak, assuming we come to an agreement in the RP, how would you look at me raising a small force of local Padnakis? They'd be elite auxiliaries, what I call "Régulies." They'd be used to protect Macabee assets, including the air field and any oil rigs that our companies may buy or construct over time. We can make it a regiment-sized unit at first (~1,100 men). These men would be outfitted as Macabee soldiers, but they'd be restricted to the defense of our assets. Over time, they could also be used to train Padnaki soldiers with new Macabee weapons, if your government were to choose to acquire additional firearms from us (or we donate them).

These men wouldn't be ready, in any case, until some time down the road, so wouldn't be immediately relevant to the RP. But, I can spend time RPing their development and whatnot, and it will help to increase my role in the conflict.
Former Sr. II Roleplaying Mentor | Factbook

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

Padnak
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri May 02, 2014 6:09 pm

just going to point out that the Mig-21 is one of the best fighter aircraft to ever take to the skies...
"มีใบมีดคมและจิตใจที่คมชัด!"
Have a sharp blade, and a sharper mind!
Need weapons for dubious purposes? Buy Padarm today!
San-Silvacian: Aug 11, 2011-Mar 20, 2015
Inquilabstan wrote:It is official now. Padnak is really Cobra Commander.

Bezombia wrote:It was about this time that Padnak slowly realized that the thread he thought was about gaming was, in fact, an eight story tall crustacean from the protozoic era.

Husseinarti wrote:Powered Borscht.

Because cosmonauts should never think that even in the depths of space they are free from the Soviet Union.

The Kievan People wrote:As usual, this is Padnak's fault, but we need to move on.

Immoren wrote:Again we've sexual tension that can be cut with a bowie.

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri May 02, 2014 6:10 pm

The Macabees wrote:Padnak, assuming we come to an agreement in the RP, how would you look at me raising a small force of local Padnakis? They'd be elite auxiliaries, what I call "Régulies." They'd be used to protect Macabee assets, including the air field and any oil rigs that our companies may buy or construct over time. We can make it a regiment-sized unit at first (~1,100 men). These men would be outfitted as Macabee soldiers, but they'd be restricted to the defense of our assets. Over time, they could also be used to train Padnaki soldiers with new Macabee weapons, if your government were to choose to acquire additional firearms from us (or we donate them).

These men wouldn't be ready, in any case, until some time down the road, so wouldn't be immediately relevant to the RP. But, I can spend time RPing their development and whatnot, and it will help to increase my role in the conflict.

You read my mind, this would be perfect

Bezombia wrote:It was about this time that Padnak slowly realized that the thread he thought was about gaming was, in fact, an eight story tall crustacean from the protozoic era.

Because cosmonauts should never think that even in the depths of space they are free from the Soviet Union.

The Kievan People wrote:As usual, this is Padnak's fault, but we need to move on.

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri May 02, 2014 6:11 pm

Republic of Vietnam wrote:
Congreveopia wrote:

:shock:
Already?

wowowowowowowow

Two sub chasers (small patrol craft) sunk two civilian tug boats

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Fri May 02, 2014 6:15 pm

Padnak wrote:
Republic of Vietnam wrote: :shock:
Already?

wowowowowowowow

That's what I thought. No military boats killed yet.

BTW, just when does Vancon's school end?
Last edited by Congreveopia on Fri May 02, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Republic of Vietnam
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Vietnam » Fri May 02, 2014 6:17 pm

Padnak wrote:
Republic of Vietnam wrote: :shock:
Already?

wowowowowowowow

Oh, okay.

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri May 02, 2014 6:18 pm

Congreveopia wrote:
Padnak wrote:
wowowowowowowow

ended a while ago, hes just taking care of some stuff and making dinner from what I understand, hell post by tomorrow at the very least

or I'll break his shins

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Fri May 02, 2014 6:21 pm

Padnak wrote:
Congreveopia wrote:

ended a while ago, hes just taking care of some stuff and making dinner from what I understand, hell post by tomorrow at the very least

or I'll break his shins

Okay, cool. It's just that a lot of stuff is happening, and I'm just sitting here, because we haven't completed talks.

Links:

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri May 02, 2014 6:21 pm

map is up

Padnak is in in red, vancon in blue

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri May 02, 2014 6:22 pm

Congreveopia wrote:
Padnak wrote:

or I'll break his shins

Okay, cool. It's just that a lot of stuff is happening, and I'm just sitting here, because we haven't completed talks.

He'll respond by the end of the night

if you get tired of waiting you could always deploy some ground intelligence gathering

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Fri May 02, 2014 6:23 pm

Padnak wrote:
Congreveopia wrote:

if you get tired of waiting you could always deploy some ground intelligence gathering

I could, but it feels unrealistic to send in the spy planes when I can just, you know, ask.

Links:

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri May 02, 2014 6:24 pm

Congreveopia wrote:
Padnak wrote:

I could, but it feels unrealistic to send in the spy planes when I can just, you know, ask.

I mean into Padnak, given that you're siding with Vancon

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Fri May 02, 2014 6:25 pm

BTW, just saw the map, and two questions:

1: Who is red and who is blue? Sorry if I just didn't spot this.
2: In the real world, nations can only claim resources within 200mi of their coast. Are you guys really claiming a big chunk of the Pacific?

Links:

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Fri May 02, 2014 6:27 pm

Padnak wrote:
Congreveopia wrote:

I mean into Padnak, given that you're siding with Vancon

Typically espionage for me means sending a guy to plug his PCU into a government computer and letting Data Command sort out the rest. Your nation presents me with a challenge given the fact that I doubt you have a massive government computer network. :)
Last edited by Congreveopia on Fri May 02, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Links:

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Fri May 02, 2014 6:27 pm

Blue is the almighty empire of Vancon, where as the stupid, lowly Padnaki garbage is the dirty red
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Fri May 02, 2014 6:28 pm

I have a plan for my next response and I'm doing it now
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Fri May 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Vancon wrote:Blue is the almighty empire of Vancon, where as the stupid, lowly Padnaki garbage is the dirty red

Thank you for that unbiased and impartial clarification! :lol:

Links:

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri May 02, 2014 6:29 pm

Congreveopia wrote:BTW, just saw the map, and two questions:

1: Who is red and who is blue? Sorry if I just didn't spot this.
2: In the real world, nations can only claim resources within 200mi of their coast. Are you guys really claiming a big chunk of the Pacific?

1. padnak is in red and Vancon is in blue
2. Claiming being the operative word, both Padnak and Vancon have control over vast numbers of small islands and treat everything within that territory as their own

In regards to resources, the oil field in which this whole dispute is taking place in is in that area where blue and red overlap

The Great Korean Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Korean Empire » Fri May 02, 2014 6:30 pm

Nation Name: The Unified Dominion of the Great Korean Empire
Demonym: Korean
Capitol: Seoul
Leader: Emperor Lee Hyunsik
Political System: Federal Monarchy
Military Size: 60,477,060 Active/Reserve Military Personnel-2.177% of Pop. (Note: I will not deploy enormous amounts of troops and equipment. It will be kept reasonable).
Reason for Joining the Conflict: To gain the territory of the defeated nation and to gain access to the rich petroleum resources that are at stake. Will most likely supply one side with weapons and supplies before joining into the conflict.
Last edited by The Great Korean Empire on Fri May 02, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." -Ernest Hemingway

"To have found God and still to pursue him is the soul's paradox of love, scorned indeed by the too-easily-satisfied religionist, but justified in happy experience by the children of the burning heart." -A.W. Tozer.

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri May 02, 2014 6:30 pm

Vancon wrote:Blue is the almighty empire of Vancon, where as the stupid, lowly Padnaki garbage is the dirty red

:rofl:

Just you wait and see when I destroy you with my fishbeds!

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Fri May 02, 2014 6:30 pm

But the oil fields are like totaly mine, like oh my god, I so didn't just make this up.

Macedonian Grand Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Macedonian Grand Empire » Fri May 02, 2014 10:03 pm

Nation Name: Macedonian Grand Empire
Demonym: Macedonians
Capitol: Kristijanopolis
Leader: Emperor Kristijan Kristijanov
Political system: Empire
Military Size: Depends but for this RP only the naval forces that will be deployed depending on escalation.
Reason for joining the conflict: possibilities of trade, weapons sales. Spreading imperial influence. Gathering potential allies.
NSG Senate
Senator Branko Aleksic Deputy leader of the REFORM party

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Fri May 02, 2014 10:31 pm

For future reference, please state which side you would like to join when you apply for entry

Vancon (Blue Team)

Padnak (Red Team)

We will come up with more witty names at a later date. If ya'll have any ideas, by all means share them.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents