NATION

PASSWORD

1914:Divided We Fall OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Valkstadt
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

1914:Divided We Fall OOC

Postby Valkstadt » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:48 pm

In 1862, amidst the fiercest fighting of the American Civil War, France and Great Britain ponder getting involved in this conflict. The United States would be much weaker if separated and Europe relied heavily on Southern Cotton. Emperor Napoleon III of France and Queen Victoria of Great Britain make an agreement and on July 16, 1862, France and Great Britain demand Lincoln remove Union Troops from Southern territories. Lincoln refuses. France and Great Britain declare war. Great Britain invades through Canada July 30, 1862 and France reinforces Confederate troops. Having to split its forces, the Union falls quickly and surrenders December 23 of that year after suffering heavy casualties in massive battles. The terms of surrender include the release of all seceding states plus Kentucky, Missouri, West Virginia, the Indian Territories and the New Mexican Territories. After the Civil War, the North takes almost 15 years to completely recover. In 1872, the CSA purchases Cuba from Spain for $3,000,000 and Chihuahua and Sonora from Mexico for $6,000,000. Slavery is completely abolished by the CSA in 1880 as the industrial revolution is in full swing. By 1890, the US has settled the frontier. 1900, Racism in the South has almost completely died out and peaceful civil rights efforts are on track to win equal rights in the near future. The CSA has come to be close allies with Great Britain and France. The US, with Germany who greatly aided their recovery, pouring millions into rebuilding efforts. Things outside the US aren’t altered to much degree. The RP will start after Franz Ferdinand is assassinated in Sarajevo. Europe has spiraled into war. Though triggered by a random event, the war was decades in the making. The United States, shamed by its defeat at the hands of the Confederate States and Britain, courted Germany as an ally.The Confederate States, not to be outdone, formalized its already strong relationship with Britain and France, joining them and Russia in the Entente. President William J. Bryan of the CSA, taking the position that Serbia was a small nation heroically defying a large tyrant, asked for and received from Congress declarations of war against Germany and Austria-Hungary. The USA responds by declaring that they would stand by its allies. The USA formally declared war on the CSA. It is now truly a world war.

IC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=292365#p19684266

RULES:
No godmodding!
No metagaming!
No one liners!
No flaming!
No tech advancing!
No reserving spots, fill out an application!
Stay realistic!
You will use military numbers listed on Wikipedia!
And please use good grammar!
You will be given one warning. The next offense is punishable by death.

OP: Valkstadt
CO-OP: Irona

RP Tribunal: Valkstadt, Irona, Jade Confederacy, Lunas Legion, Marsisian

TAKEN
CSA: Valkstadt
Russia: The New Greek Republic
Japan: Yalos
Serbia/Montenegro: Prevnina
Mexico: Ukraines
Great Britain: Irona
USA: Jade Confederacy
Greece: The Lower North Island
Germany: Mexican Liberation
Ottoman Empire: The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism
China: Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States
Italy: Czeckolutania
France: Epraria
Belgium: Destrovia
Bulgaria: Bolkania
Spain: Neros
Romania: United commonwealth of ayrshire
Portugal: Marsisian
Austria-Hungary: Lunas Legion
Sweden: Talanzaar
Mongolia: Grafulk Shayneshal
Argentina: Igemonia

APPLICATION:
Flag:

Military: 5,000,000
Leader: President William Jennings Bryan
Capital: Atlanta, Georgia
Government Type: Confederate Republic
RP Sample: (just link some old ones)
Last edited by Valkstadt on Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:45 pm, edited 44 times in total.
Likes- Conservatism, the South, Classic Rock, the New Orleans Saints, College Football.

If you are so weak as to be hurt by mere words then I apologize. Political Correctness is bullshit. Learn how to take a punch.

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Important Maps

Postby Valkstadt » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:55 pm

WORLD MAP
Courtesy of Irona
Last edited by Valkstadt on Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:41 am, edited 6 times in total.
Likes- Conservatism, the South, Classic Rock, the New Orleans Saints, College Football.

If you are so weak as to be hurt by mere words then I apologize. Political Correctness is bullshit. Learn how to take a punch.

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:13 pm

ALLIANCES
ENTENTE
CSA
Russia
Great Britain
France
Japan
Serbia
Bulgaria
Greece

CENTRAL POWERS
USA
Germany
Austria-Hungary
Mexico
Italy
Belgium
Ottoman Empire

NEUTRAL
Romania
China
Spain
Brazil
Portugal
Sweden
Mongolia

TIMELINE

August
Germany launches 'offensives' on France and Russia
Russia destroys a German town and marches into Germany
Greece Joins Entente
Ottomans Remain Neutral
United states declares on the Entente and attacks CSA and Canada
The Spanish monarchy is overthrown during a military coup d' etat, the position of leadership is given to Captain-General Miguel Primo de Rivera.
Italy rejects alliance request from Britain
Japan joins the Entente
Germany and UK vie for support of China and Ottoman empire
Mexico fortify's boarders and prepares for war
US launches a surprise attack on British forces in Hawaii and destroys much of its fleet at port.
The Ottoman Empire attempts to launch a similar attack on Cyprus but it is not as effective.

September
The Spanish State and Portugal unite and form the Iberian Union.
The First Argentine Republic dissolves and the Argentine Imperial Federation is created.
Last edited by Valkstadt on Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:44 am, edited 13 times in total.

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

CSA INFO

Postby Valkstadt » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:27 pm

President William Jennings Bryan

THE CONFEDERATE ARMY 2,000,000

Commander Charles Pelot Summerall
Major General Preston Brown- 1st Army
Major General J. Franklin Bell- 2nd Army
Major General Hugh Lenox Scott- 3rd Army
Major General William Giles Harding Carter- 4th Army
Major General George B. Duncan- 5th Army
Major General Robert K. Evans- 6th Army
Major General William Crawford Gorgas- 7th Army
Major General Douglas MacArthur- 8th Army

THE CONFEDERATE NAVY 500,000

Admiral William S. Benson

Total:
6 Dreadnoughts
6 Battleships
9 Cruisers
9 Destroyers
9 Submarines

Atlantic Fleet: Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 Dreadnoughts
2 Battleships
3 Cruisers
3 Destroyers
3 Submarines

Gulf Fleet: Havana, Cuba
2 Dreadnoughts
2 Battleships
3 Cruisers
3 Destroyers
3 Submarines

Pacific Fleet: Isla del Tiburon, Sonora
2 Dreadnoughts
2 Battleships
3 Cruisers
3 Destroyers
3 Submarines
Last edited by Valkstadt on Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:14 am, edited 22 times in total.

Prevnina
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Prevnina » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:27 pm

Could I be Serbia/Montenegro?

EDIT: I know they are technically separate kingdoms, but they basically do the exact same things, they are both populated by the same people and when Serbia went to war so did Montenegro.
Last edited by Prevnina on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:28 pm

Reserve France?
Last edited by The New Greek Republic on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
Same me, now with tattoos.
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
---`,o---_/--o .--`------
-----`"`;-O--(---------
--------/--.--""``\\\\----
------.`-O------.\\,,||
----.`------""`|-`""`----
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/
What's red and bad for your teeth?

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Just warning you, your ears will have orgasms.

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:28 pm

Prevnina wrote:Could I be Serbia/Montenegro?

Sure, make sure to fill out an application.

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:29 pm

The New Greek Republic wrote:Reserve France?

ehhh not big on reserving spots because sometimes I won't let people take it and the guy who reserved it never comes back.

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:30 pm

EDIT: I know they are technically separate kingdoms, but they basically do the exact same things, they are both populated by the same people and when Serbia went to war so did Montenegro.

Yeah both fought on the same side. What I would do is take some time and RP them merging. That would be cool. Would give you more to work with as Serbia.

Prevnina
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Prevnina » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:31 pm

Valkstadt wrote:

Yeah both fought on the same side. What I would do is take some time and RP them merging. That would be cool. Would give you more to work with as Serbia.

Yeah, want me to make two apps right now and in the game I can form a little mini-Yugoslavia out of them?

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:35 pm

Flag:

Military: 12,000,000
Leader: Nicholas II
Capital: St. Petersburg
Government Type: Empire
RP Sample: Linky
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
Same me, now with tattoos.
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
---`,o---_/--o .--`------
-----`"`;-O--(---------
--------/--.--""``\\\\----
------.`-O------.\\,,||
----.`------""`|-`""`----
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/
What's red and bad for your teeth?

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Just warning you, your ears will have orgasms.

Yalos
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yalos » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:39 pm

Flag: Le Flag

Military: 4,500,000, Modern and Well Trained Soldiers well versed in Irregular and Naval Combat

Leader: Prime Minister, Hara Takashi

Capital: Tokyo

Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy/ Military Junta, depending on how one perceives the situation.

RP Sample: You asked?

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:42 pm

Prevnina wrote:
Valkstadt wrote:Yeah both fought on the same side. What I would do is take some time and RP them merging. That would be cool. Would give you more to work with as Serbia.

Yeah, want me to make two apps right now and in the game I can form a little mini-Yugoslavia out of them?

You don't have to make two. Just the one. Just start out as two separate countries then RP a union.

Estenia
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:44 pm

APPLICATION:
Flag:

Military: 7,800,000
Leader: Emperor Franz Joseph I
Capital: Vienna,Austria and Budapest,Hungary
Government Type: Monarchy
RP Sample: (Is it ok to link an active RP?) viewtopic.php?f=31&t=291336&start=50
Last edited by Estenia on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Runner-up at the 1st OMAHAN FUTSAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, 4th at Maple Leaf Bowl III, 4th on Baptism of Fire 57, 2nd at Runner Cup 4, 3rd at 21st World Lacrosse Championships.

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:44 pm

The New Greek Republic wrote:Country: Russian Empire
Flag:

Military: 12,000,000
Leader: Nicholas II
Capital: St. Petersburg
Government Type: Empire
RP Sample: Linky

ACCEPTED

Prevnina
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Prevnina » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:45 pm

Valkstadt wrote:
Prevnina wrote:

You don't have to make two. Just the one. Just start out as two separate countries then RP a union.

Haha, too late, I'm already making two :lol: , I guess this way we'll have the basic info for both.

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:46 pm

Yalos wrote:Country: The Empire of the Rising Sun (Japan)

Flag: Le Flag

Military: 4,500,000, Modern and Well Trained Soldiers well versed in Irregular and Naval Combat

Leader: Prime Minister, Hara Takashi

Capital: Tokyo

Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy/ Military Junta, depending on how one perceives the situation.

RP Sample: You asked?

ACCEPTED
I seriously love in-depth posts. Its good to see such posts in samples

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:46 pm

Prevnina wrote:
Valkstadt wrote:You don't have to make two. Just the one. Just start out as two separate countries then RP a union.

Haha, too late, I'm already making two :lol: , I guess this way we'll have the basic info for both.

Overachiever. I like it :p

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:47 pm

Estenia wrote:APPLICATION:
Flag:

Military: 1,000,000
RP Sample: (Is it ok to link an active RP?) viewtopic.php?f=31&t=291336&start=50

ACCEPTED

Prevnina
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Prevnina » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:48 pm

Valkstadt wrote:
Prevnina wrote:

Overachiever. I like it :p

Meh, at least this isn't one of the alternate world RPs, you have to write pages of history for your country to get accepted, filling in a few numbers shouldn't be too hard. :p

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:51 pm

Prevnina wrote:
Valkstadt wrote:Overachiever. I like it :p

Meh, at least this isn't one of the alternate world RPs, you have to write pages of history for your country to get accepted, filling in a few numbers shouldn't be too hard. :p

Yeah I don't like some of those AWRPs cause it gets super unrealistic. This has a realism with a touch of AWRP to shake things up. This is like my 5th WWI RP. I love that time period for some reason

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:53 pm

Flag:

BTW dude your military is much higher. 7,800,000. You're gonna need it fighting on 3 fronts if Italy decides to go with the Entente

Estenia
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:55 pm

Valkstadt wrote:
Flag:

BTW dude your military is much higher. 7,800,000. You're gonna need it fighting on 3 fronts if Italy decides to go with the Entente

Edited.
Runner-up at the 1st OMAHAN FUTSAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, 4th at Maple Leaf Bowl III, 4th on Baptism of Fire 57, 2nd at Runner Cup 4, 3rd at 21st World Lacrosse Championships.

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:55 pm

Haha sorry for making the app a bit more difficult by making you put up a pointless flag. It's kind of a test to see if you know your way around NS formatting.

Prevnina
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Prevnina » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:55 pm

Valkstadt wrote:
Prevnina wrote:

Yeah I don't like some of those AWRPs cause it gets super unrealistic. This has a realism with a touch of AWRP to shake things up. This is like my 5th WWI RP. I love that time period for some reason

It is pretty cool, you can get all gritty without people complaining about muh grimdark, people can't just blitz each other instantly, no nukes, low tech, there are a lot of benefits to this, if you are OP and want a good roleplay anyway, I'm sure more than a few players have been angered at their scientists perceived lack of progress. :p

App up in a sec, got the armies and am trying to find the pre-war population.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse