NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED]Liberate St Abbaddon

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Port blood
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

[PASSED]Liberate St Abbaddon

Postby Port blood » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:31 am

As always,sneaky defenders are sneaky

Category: Liberation
Nominee (region): St Abbaddon
Proposed by: Yurope

Description: The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING the region of St Abbaddon as among the oldest of all regions,

RESPECTING that the region has a long and storied history,

BELIEVING that the community of St Abbaddon is worthy of preservation,

FURTHER BELIEVING that the armed forces of the The Brotherhood of Malice, Osiris, Balder, The North Pacific, The South Pacific and others are attempting to destroy St Abbaddon,

KNOWING that those forces have spoken of intentions to destroy the region and refound it as a protectorate of a variety of international organizations,

UNDERSTANDING that a liberation will make it impossible for these groups to cause grief to the region,

FURTHER UNDERSTANDING that St Abbaddon's nations and community are deserving of protection from such an action,

Hereby liberates St Abbaddon.

My opinion? Opposed
liberation at this stage will just make the region one big battlefield/practice run for raiders

regarding BB code:anyone know how to get the last part of the upper box on the same rule?
Last edited by Crazy girl on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:52 am, edited 6 times in total.
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.

Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:26 am

Port blood wrote:regarding BB code:anyone know how to get the last part of the upper box on the same rule?

Don't end your first box code?

UNDERSTANDING that a liberation will make it impossible for these groups to cause grief to the region

Oh how wrong the author is.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:15 am

SkyDip wrote:
Port blood wrote:regarding BB code:anyone know how to get the last part of the upper box on the same rule?

Don't end your first box code?

I tried,didnt work,i mean the "proposed by" thing goes to the second line at the right,i already got it to 2 lines from 3 by using floatleft
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:16 am

Port blood wrote:
SkyDip wrote:Don't end your first box code?

I tried,didnt work,i mean the "proposed by" thing goes to the second line at the right,i already got it to 2 lines from 3 by using floatleft

Just center the whole thing and put it all in one box. The stylistics aren't really important.
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:20 am

SkyDip wrote:
Port blood wrote:

Just center the whole thing and put it all in one box. The stylistics aren't really important.

fixed it :D
i centered everything,then inside that used floatleft and floatright

Abacathea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abacathea » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:10 am

Yeah, cos this is gonna get us to move out *whistles innocently*.
G.A #236; Renewable Energy Installations (Repealed)
G.A #239; Vehicle Emissions Convention (Repealed).
G.A #257; Reducing Automobile Emissions (Repealed).
G.A #263; Uranium Mining Standards Act
G.A #279; Right of Emigration
G.A #292; Nuclear Security Convention
(Co-Author)
G.A #363; Preservation of Artefacts (repealed)
S.C #118; Commend SkyDip
S.C #120; Commend Mousebumples
S.C #122; Condemn Gest
S.C #124; Commend Bears Armed
S.C #125; Commend The Bruce
S.C #126; Commend Sanctaria
S.C #131: Commend NewTexas
(Co-Author)
S.C #136; Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon" (Co-Author)
S.C #143; Commend Hobbesistan
S.C #146; Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:04 am

http://www.nationstates.net/region=st_abbaddon

While I agree with this on principle, as it seems there is a clear danger that the raiders are going to raze the region, the method by which this was presented to the SC and because it is poorly written and, as SkyDip points out, factually incorrect, means I sadly cannot support this resolution.

The SC used to have standards, I swear!

Hopefully some serious authors that want to liberate the region step forward; I would support that in a heartbeat.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

Bodobol
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bodobol » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:34 am

Eist wrote:http://www.nationstates.net/region=st_abbaddon

While I agree with this on principle, as it seems there is a clear danger that the raiders are going to raze the region, the method by which this was presented to the SC and because it is poorly written and, as SkyDip points out, factually incorrect, means I sadly cannot support this resolution.

Hopefully some serious authors that want to liberate the region step forward; I would support that in a heartbeat.

I'd certainly be willing to help write one if this fails- I promise I'll handle it better than my last proposal. :lol:
Last.fmRead my blogshe/her

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:46 am

Bodobol wrote:
Eist wrote:http://www.nationstates.net/region=st_abbaddon

I'd certainly be willing to help write one if this fails- I promise I'll handle it better than my last proposal. :lol:

So it will be just a little bit horrible? :P

Bodobol
Negotiator

Postby Bodobol » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:18 pm

Port blood wrote:
Bodobol wrote:

That, and I'll even post in the thread for it!

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:19 pm

Bodobol wrote:
Port blood wrote:

That, and I'll even post in the thread for it!

Oh the horror? i think?

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:42 pm

Just some weeb.

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:17 pm

Hey there, native of St Abbaddon who recruited all of the region's natives here. Also over a dozen passed WA resolutions. Yeah... Guess how many telegrams I got about this before he went forward with this? Ding ding! Zero is the correct answer!

I'm going to have to ask everyone to vote against this. The author did not consult us natives. If we we want to be Liberated, I am more than qualified to do it myself. And I didn't, because we don't. Thaaaaanks.
AKA Weed

Bodobol
Negotiator

Postby Bodobol » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:34 pm

Topid wrote:Hey there, native of St Abbaddon who recruited all of the region's natives here. Also over a dozen passed WA resolutions. Yeah... Guess how many telegrams I got about this before he went forward with this? Ding ding! Zero is the correct answer!

I'm going to have to ask everyone to vote against this. The author did not consult us natives. If we we want to be Liberated, I am more than qualified to do it myself. And I didn't, because we don't. Thaaaaanks.

In that case, I will not be drafting a better version of this.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:36 pm

Topid wrote:Hey there, native of St Abbaddon who recruited all of the region's natives here. Also over a dozen passed WA resolutions. Yeah... Guess how many telegrams I got about this before he went forward with this? Ding ding! Zero is the correct answer!

What the natives want only counts when Unibot or Mahaj need them to support a Liberation, Topid. You know this. Your opinion isn't needed here.

*ushers Topid back to the retirement home*

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:53 pm

SkyDip wrote:

What the natives want only counts when Unibot or Mahaj need them to support a Liberation, Topid. You know this. Your opinion isn't needed here.

*ushers Topid back to the retirement home*

Agreed, these natives don't want a Liberation? Too bad. We're going to free you from yourselves. Full steam ahead I say.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:34 pm

Bodobol wrote:

I don't think his point was that one isn't necessarily needed, but that the native community wasn't consulted first. Also, Topid--as much as I'm sure he wants and believes--doesn't speak for the entire region.

Unless there is information not revealed to me, I think this is a serious situation that warrants potential action. First stop would be asking then native population.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:37 pm

Eist wrote:
Bodobol wrote:

I don't think his point was that one isn't necessarily needed, but that the native community wasn't consulted first. Also, Topid--as much as I'm sure he wants and believes--doesn't speak for the entire region.

Unless there is information not revealed to me, I think this is a serious situation that warrants potential action. First stop would be asking then native population.

Topid speaks for the natives the way that the Lorax speaks for the trees. Granted the trees ended up getting cut down.

It's hardly serious, it's not like I'm the point of the operation. Just a few dozen friends hanging out, enjoying the view.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:05 pm

Eist wrote:
Bodobol wrote:

But I am the one whose had a conversation with the two active players I would describe as natives about what to do here.

And yes, my point is that a liberation where no attempt was made to contact natives is a joke. There was a time when people in the WA cared about more than their resolution count. But, as SkyDip says, I'm retired and his style of authorship rules the day.
AKA Weed

Goddess Relief Office
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Goddess Relief Office » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:30 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Topid speaks for the natives the way that the Lorax speaks for the trees. Granted the trees ended up getting cut down.

Topid may not represent the entire region but since he's their only recruiter I would think his opinion is more important than most.

And I agree with Eist. It's troubling that someone would submit a liberation proposal without checking with natives, not to mention skipping debate in the SC.

~GRO~
Last edited by Goddess Relief Office on Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keeper of The World Tree - Yggdrasil
General Assembly:
GA#053 - Epidemic Response Act
GA#163 - Repeal LOTS
GA#223 - Transboundary Water Use Act

Security Council:
SC#030 - Commend 10000 Islands (co-author)
SC#044 - Commend Texas (co-author)
SC#066 - Repeal "Liberate Wonderful Paradise"
SC#108 - Liberate South Pacific
SC#135 - Liberate Anarchy (co-author)
SC#139 - Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"

Former delegate and retired defender
Nice links for easy reference:
Passed WA Resolutions | GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | GA Rules

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:31 am

Goddess Relief Office wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:Topid speaks for the natives the way that the Lorax speaks for the trees. Granted the trees ended up getting cut down.

Topid may not represent the entire region but since he's their only recruiter I would think his opinion is more important than most.

And I agree with Eist. It's troubling that someone would submit a liberation proposal without checking with natives, not to mention skipping debate in the SC.

~GRO~

*COUGH* Slavia *COUGH*

i should really see a doctor about that cough

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:31 am

This liberation serves no purpose but to harm St A. It can do us no good. Please withdraw, and if it is not withdrawn, join me in voting against.
AKA Weed

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:03 am

Topid wrote:This liberation serves no purpose but to harm St A. It can do us no good. Please withdraw, and if it is not withdrawn, join me in voting against.

Weren't you the one who said that you'd rather be raided than have a password up? This is a permanent resolution to that problem is it not?
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:05 am

Venico wrote:
Topid wrote:This liberation serves no purpose but to harm St A. It can do us no good. Please withdraw, and if it is not withdrawn, join me in voting against.

Weren't you the one who said that you'd rather be raided than have a password up? This is a permanent resolution to that problem is it not?

Gosh will you chill? Topid gave y'all a chance to raid. And honestly, you don't need to have a resolution to make sure it's not passworded, ja?

I don't even see the reason why you, of all people, should be agitated. D'you like a coffee or a tea?
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:08 am

I'm not agitated at all actually. xD I haven't advocated support for the resolution nor will I. It just seemed hypocritical that's all. But I'm not agitated trust me. Come to gameplay sometime to see me in action. =P
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives