NATION

PASSWORD

Asexuality: The Best Kind of Sexuality?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Sotoan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sotoan Union » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:55 pm

The 93rd Coalition wrote:
Czechanada wrote:
Such things can be objectively determined.

Really? How? There isn't any particular advantage to asexuality, it would just remove the love/pleasure element added in by partnered sexuality. If anything, it may have a adverse impact on our society by making us more apathetic to the needs of others.

Why can't we just treat sexuality as something that doesn't really matter. As something that is no more a measure of a person as an individual than race or colorblindness. We went from persecuting all non heterosexuals, to trying to find a new sexuality to place on top.

Transhuman Proteus
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Transhuman Proteus » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:55 pm

Czechanada wrote:
The 93rd Coalition wrote:How can there be a BEST kind of sexuality? It's like deciding the best type of foot, it's just THERE.

Such things can be objectively determined.

So after asexuality which is the best kind? I want to see a list ranking sexualities here, with an explanation for each one providing the objective basis for the ranking.
Last edited by Transhuman Proteus on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eastern Equestria
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Equestria » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:56 pm

The Sotoan Union wrote:
Really? How? There isn't any particular advantage to asexuality, it would just remove the love/pleasure element added in by partnered sexuality. If anything, it may have a adverse impact on our society by making us more apathetic to the needs of others.

Why can't we just treat sexuality as something that doesn't really matter. As something that is no more a measure of a person as an individual than race or colorblindness. We went from persecuting all non heterosexuals, to trying to find a new sexuality to place on top.

We're just a silly, fickle species aren't we?

Untaroicht
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Untaroicht » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:56 pm

New haven america wrote:
Untaroicht wrote:Even as an Asexual AND Anti-Sexual, who dreams of a world without the sin of lust, I find this to be bonkers.

In a perfect world, people will realize that sex (IMO) is a crude, degenerative aspect of biology that should be weeded out through technology such as cloning (just as many diseases have found vaccines), but no human is "superior", and we sure as hell can't force the change if we don't want to appear to be nuts.

:rofl: No

There's a reason I put the IMO there. I consider myself extremely devout, but one aspect of my religion I tend to disagree with is how "Marital sex between a man and a woman is a sacred, holy thing". When I hear or see it (outside of the excuse of procreation), I only see two rational-up-to-this-point people reduced to mindless drones as they barbarically give in to their base animalistic urges and dopamine addiction.
NSG's NEW (un)official resident survivalist/doomsday prepper - BURY YOUR SILVER!

Transhuman Proteus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Transhuman Proteus » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:57 pm

The Sotoan Union wrote:

Too sane.

The 93rd Coalition
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The 93rd Coalition » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:57 pm

The Sotoan Union wrote:

I wonder what we'll come up with next. No, I know. Humans only mating with animals! Yes, we shall start a debate. :lol:

Or, we could just stop making these relatively pointless threads.

The Sotoan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sotoan Union » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 pm

Transhuman Proteus wrote:
The Sotoan Union wrote:Why can't we just treat sexuality as something that doesn't really matter. As something that is no more a measure of a person as an individual than race or colorblindness. We went from persecuting all non heterosexuals, to trying to find a new sexuality to place on top.

Too sane.

I can't wait until Skynet happens.
Last edited by The Sotoan Union on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Federal Republic of Simonia
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Republic of Simonia » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:
The federal republic of Simonia wrote:That's a good one, now listen in our eyes we are civilized but what about a Wolf? In there eyes aren't they the civilized ones? It's very ignorant to say that we are above such primal instincts like the want need to reproduce to further our species

Now that might be stretching it with saying wolves are more civilized than people who oppose sex.

I'm not saying that I was pointing out that he says humans are more civilized then other animals, which really is only true by our opinion
This poster might possibly be Euro-Skeptic enough to join UKIP!
Low: My best Bro
Xana: The Ferret princess
(if you want in then ask)
My flag usually is of my favourite anime at the time, if you want to know what anime it is just ask.

Now the one and only psychotic scarf maker, want a scarf? Ask away!
Warning, scarves are not real scarves

Sad Times when you're ignored by friends ;-;

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 pm

OP, kudos though. You made me laugh with this one. I give you a 7/10.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

The Scientific States
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Scientific States » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:00 pm

There is no best kind of sexuality.
Centrist, Ordoliberal, Bisexual, Agnostic, Pro Social Market Economy, Pro Labour Union, Secular Humanist, Cautious Optimist, Pro LGBT, Pro Marijuana Legalization, Pro Humanitarian Intervention etc etc.
Compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Liberal/Authoritarian: -6.62
Political Stuff I Wrote
Why Pinochet and Allende were both terrible
The UKIP: A Bad Choice for Britain
Why South Africa is in a sorry state, and how it can be fixed.
Massive List of My OOC Pros and Cons
Hey, Putin! Leave Ukraine Alone!

Eastern Equestria
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Equestria » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:01 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:OP, kudos though. You made me laugh with this one. I give you a 7/10.

I think that was his intention from the start. It has to be.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:02 pm

Untaroicht wrote:
New haven america wrote: :rofl: No

There's a reason I put the IMO there. I consider myself extremely devout, but one aspect of my religion I tend to disagree with is how "Marital sex between a man and a woman is a sacred, holy thing". When I hear or see it (outside of the excuse of procreation), I only see two rational-up-to-this-point people reduced to mindless drones as they barbarically give in to their base animalistic urges and dopamine addiction.

Or maybe, it's two people who love each other and want to be closer to each other(Or a one night stand, take your pick). Sex has also been proven to be healthy for people.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Transhuman Proteus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Transhuman Proteus » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:03 pm

The federal republic of Simonia wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:Now that might be stretching it with saying wolves are more civilized than people who oppose sex.

I'm not saying that I was pointing out that he says humans are more civilized then other animals, which really is only true by our opinion

And by the definition of civilization. Which we came up with, being the only species on earth with the required blend of mental abilities to conceptualize such a thing.

I don't think most non-human animals have a concept of civilization, or even the idea that they are better in some way than other creatures.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:04 pm

Eastern Equestria wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:OP, kudos though. You made me laugh with this one. I give you a 7/10.

I think that was his intention from the start. It has to be.

Maybe it was, who knows. Sometimes is not easy to tell.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:05 pm

Untaroicht wrote:Even as an Asexual AND Anti-Sexual, who dreams of a world without the sin of lust, I find this to be bonkers.

In a perfect world, people will realize that sex (IMO) is a crude, degenerative aspect of biology that should be weeded out through technology such as cloning (just as many diseases have found vaccines), but no human is "superior", and we sure as hell can't force the change if we don't want to appear to be nuts.

Untaroicht wrote:
New haven america wrote: :rofl: No

I... How do I put this...

http://youtu.be/kYg0lzERaEY
Last edited by Nua Corda on Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:10 pm

If you don't want to have sex, then don't have any. No need to butt into other people's lifestyle choices.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Czechanada
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechanada » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:10 pm

New haven america wrote:
Untaroicht wrote:

Or maybe, it's two people who love each other and want to be closer to each other(Or a one night stand, take your pick). Sex has also been proven to be healthy for people.

But then there is the issue of bars, and the awkwardness of flirting, and roofies, and such.
"You know what I was. You see what I am. Change me, change me!" - Randall Jarrell.

Riiser-Larsen
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riiser-Larsen » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:11 pm

This is perhaps both the most ridiculous argument I have seen and the hardest to explain the ridiculousness of. Yes, the fact that cloning is near completion does mean that humanity really should cease to procreate through sex. No, this does not mean that sex as a physical activity should be eliminated. What needs to be done instead is the mass sterilization of humans (both genders) which have access to cloning (yes I understand this is incredibly authoritarian, but it's for a good reason). Because of this, concern over risks of pregnancy will be next to none, and the ability to control traits will (hopefully) lead to a new generation of humans which more intelligent, stronger, and (given the sort of things most people would like to see in their kids) more attractive than the previous generations.

After this, or possibly before, we will likely be able to finalize cures for many sexually-transmitted diseases, allowing for the actual realization of the Hippies' idea of free love.

Of course, this is just an alternative, not an explanation of why global asexuality would be insane. First off: assuming Freud was right, sexuality is a major part of human life. Carnal relationships are essentially the epitome of human social ability, and to eliminate them simply on the principle that "Sex is bad" cuts out a major part of how humans function. Second: Sex is a major cathartic factor for human function. While it may not immediately strike one as stress-relief, the human brain is built around the idea of sex. Removing that possibility will actually induce large amounts of stress in humans, and likely violent reactions from some.

In conclusion: Free Love > Asexuality.
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home
Fun Quotes:
The Emerald Dawn wrote:I'm pretty tired of discussing serious issues in a serious manner with people who are so divorced from reality that the marriage was not only annulled, any historical records or witnesses to the original marriage were drawn, quartered, burnt, and then boiled in acid and served to hogs.

Thafoo wrote:So I guess leaving a negative environmental footprint now makes you a killer?

This just in: all cows are Hitlers. McDonald's releases the Heilburger.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:13 pm

Czechanada wrote:
New haven america wrote:Or maybe, it's two people who love each other and want to be closer to each other(Or a one night stand, take your pick). Sex has also been proven to be healthy for people.

But then there is the issue of bars, and the awkwardness of flirting, and roofies, and such.

1. Meh, don't go to a bar then.
2. If you think there's something wrong with your drink, get a new one. :P
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Sun Wukong
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Wukong » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:14 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:If you don't want to have sex, then don't have any. No need to butt into other people's lifestyle choices.

When the Nazi is telling you to loosen up and be less authoritarian...
Great Sage, Equal of Heaven.

Sedikal
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sedikal » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:14 pm

The vagina is quite possibly the greatest thing bestowed upon earth (In my own opinion) and you think I'd give it up? Even if we no longer new to have sex to reproduce will still do it for the pleasure of sex regardless of wether or not we can reproduce. While yes people are Asexual in the same way people are Heterosexual and Homosexual (among others) that doesn't mean society will change just because one aspect of it is taken away.
Last edited by Sedikal on Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nice Little Quotes
“Kindness is the golden chain by which society is bound together.”
-Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Yet human intelligence has another force, too: the sense of urgency that gives human smarts their drive. Perhaps our intelligence is not just ended by our mortality; to a great degree, it is our mortality.
-Adam Gopnik

Fighting for peace, is like fucking for chastity
-Stephen King

Proud Member of the New Democrats in the NSG Senate
Political Compass of Sedikal
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!

Turchynov/Yatsenyuk
Russia Out Of Crimea

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:15 pm

Riiser-Larsen wrote:This is perhaps both the most ridiculous argument I have seen and the hardest to explain the ridiculousness of. Yes, the fact that cloning is near completion does mean that humanity really should cease to procreate through sex. No, this does not mean that sex as a physical activity should be eliminated. What needs to be done instead is the mass sterilization of humans (both genders) which have access to cloning (yes I understand this is incredibly authoritarian, but it's for a good reason). Because of this, concern over risks of pregnancy will be next to none, and the ability to control traits will (hopefully) lead to a new generation of humans which more intelligent, stronger, and (given the sort of things most people would like to see in their kids) more attractive than the previous generations.

After this, or possibly before, we will likely be able to finalize cures for many sexually-transmitted diseases, allowing for the actual realization of the Hippies' idea of free love.

Of course, this is just an alternative, not an explanation of why global asexuality would be insane. First off: assuming Freud was right, sexuality is a major part of human life. Carnal relationships are essentially the epitome of human social ability, and to eliminate them simply on the principle that "Sex is bad" cuts out a major part of how humans function. Second: Sex is a major cathartic factor for human function. While it may not immediately strike one as stress-relief, the human brain is built around the idea of sex. Removing that possibility will actually induce large amounts of stress in humans, and likely violent reactions from some.

In conclusion: Free Love > Asexuality.

I'd rather get a girl accidently pregnant then be forced to be sterile.
Last edited by New haven america on Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:16 pm

Chez...Did Four Sided Triangles posses you or what?
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

Liriena
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Liriena » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:17 pm

No. Just stop it already.
be gay do crime

I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:17 pm

Sedikal wrote:The vagina is quite possibly the greatest thing bestowed upon earth and you think I'd give it up? Even if we no longer new to have sex to reproduce will still do it for the pleasure of sex regardless of wether or not we can reproduce. While yes people are Asexual in the same way people are Heterosexual and Homosexual (among others) that doesn't mean society will change just because one aspect of it is taken away.

It's not really the greatest thing in the Universe(Coming from someone with no sex-drive)
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General