NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates Trainers 2.0 - OOC Organization - Attn: ALL

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Bryn Shander
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

NationStates Trainers 2.0 - OOC Organization - Attn: ALL

Postby Bryn Shander » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:27 pm

Because ViZion has more important things to do than NS, the old NS Trainers organization pretty much died. Since this is an important organization, I've offered to take over management. It's important that the vets help the newbies, and judging by what I've seen lately, that simply isn't happening for the most part. Now that the introduction is over, I'll copypasta the old post...

NST is for all players of NS - newer and veterans alike. If you're an older/experienced RPers here on NS - it doesn't matter PT/MT/PMT/FT/Fantasy, nor does it matter what kind of government or political/religious beliefs your nation holds, or its "evil" or "good" orientation - it would be great if you're willing to help train younger/newer NSers on properly RPing, the do's and don'ts, grammar and spelling issues, and so forth. I'd much rather see a future rival ICly and a friend OOCly than to just walk over a newbie now who makes the mistake of bad RPing and starting a war right away as that may lead to losing a potentially great future RPer.

This is not only for military, but every aspect of the game. Character RPs, economy, military, nation building, diplomacy, and so forth.

Also, this is not limited to helping newer NS'ers, but can also help older NSers improve as well.

For those of you willing to become an NS Trainer, please just post and let us know, and I'll add you. If you would like to have your AIM, MSN, Yahoo Msger, etc added for people to contact you, please post that too. You're more than welcome to put "Official NST'er" link in your sig, too!
Also, if you want help on improving, please post here and I'll add your name to the below list. You can also post any questions on here too!

Remember, this is a strictly OOC-based group whose goal is pure and simple: improving everyones RP and knowledge of do's and don'ts, etc here on NS to make RPing much more enjoyable.

Most IRC Users:
/server irc.rizon.net
/join #NSTrainers

Chatzilla Users:
irc://irc.rizon.net/NSTrainers

Current Training Exercises/Programs:
Training Wargame courtesy of Kremistan
Please post if you would like to start one.

Official NationStates Trainers ("NST'er")
Bryn Shander [FT] (MSN: dark_jason_scarbrough@hotmail.com)
Auman [FT] (MSN: superdude2525@hotmail.com)
Hyperspatial Travel [FT] (black_hole_army_13@hotmail.com)
Jenrak [MT, PMT, FT]
Toops [MT]
Ostronopolis [MT]
Amazonian Beasts [MT, PMT, FT]
Kremistan [MT] (Email: TARoKremistan@gmail.com)
Fanaglia [PT]
Malkyer [MT, PT] (Email: malkyer2010@hotmail.com AIM: dierepubliek)
Brewdomia [MT]
Novikov [MT]
Lynion [MT, PMT, Fantasy]
East Fancainia [PT, MT, Fantasy]

Those requesting help from NST'ers:

Note: These aren't the only ones to help. Whenever you see a new nation posting, help 'em out, and point them to this thread, too.

Here a few key tips and terms
NS - NationStates
II - International Incidents (the forum you're in right now...)
NST'er - NationStates Trainer (obviously, as posted above)
TG - Telegram (The little message system on everyone's homepage)
RP - Roleplay
IC - In Character (meaning your RPing)
OOC - Out of Character (meaning you're posting as yourself, not RPing)
SIC - Secret IC post to a specific person, or just for reference
PT - Past Technology
MT - Modern Technology
PMT - Post Modern Technology
NFT - Near Future Technology
FT - Future Technology
Fantasy - Fantasy Technology
n00b - Crappy RPer, no matter how long the person's been RPing
Newbie - Different from n00b in that they're new, but not horrible
Ignore Cannon - Used against n00bs to ignore them from here until whenever they improve - if not forever!
Godmod - Basically, cheating.
Hijacking - The thread getting overrun by unrelated posts
Open - Anyone can join the RP
Semi-Open - Ask for approval before joining
Closed - Unless specified by the creater of the RP, you can't join
Char RP - Character RP, meaning you're RPing as a specific character, not a nation, company, etc.
Sig - Signature
-Don't use the smilies while roleplaying.
-Using correct spelling and grammar is very important! And this will help you with that...
-Don't start a war right away... rather, start up things such as an embassy, an introduction thread, airport, building up your economy by starting companies, doing peaceful roleplays, and making allies, among other things.
-Ask for help if you need it when growing your nation... most of us are more than willing to help across NS - rather they're an official NST'er or not.
-Set it to allow you to see signatures (See further down on how to)
-Set it to auto subscribe to threads (See further down on how to)
-IC and OOC should NEVER be mixed
-Look at the stickies and ASK FOR HELP.

Nuclear Newbies (and n00bs)
Please note for all you new nations that it is generally said that you will need to wait til around 100 million people before you can begin to make serious progress in your nuclear department. Please do not simply say "I HAVE N00KS! I BOMB YOU!!!" as that gets you nowhere but ignored or laughed at. Or both. And, for good measure, many will proceed to stomp on you anyway, even after ignoring and laughing at you.

Once you DO obtain your first nuclear weapon, please go ahead and test it, but give some description, talking about where it's taking place, etc. Sometimes you'll get retaliation simply for testing it, but you WILL get retaliation if you go out and 'test' it on a population. It's suggested you watch your step here since you likely wont have the military power and allies to cope with such a retaliation that would turn your country into a very large glass bowl.

In addition, with regards to the 100 million population thing, if a larger nation helps you or simply donates such technology to you, that obviously changes things. However, doing it on your own is when that guideline comes in.

Threads To Check Out!
Here's a list of threads that you new guys and gals should check out!
A(nother) Basic Guide to International Incidents
The Halo Effect
The Ultimate Guide to War
Art of NS War
The FT Argument Thread - A venue for settling FT disputes
Leistungs Guide to Writing a Decent Opening Post
The Post
The Psychology of the State
The Politician
If you would like to suggest a thread, be it information or a role play, please post a link and a little of what it's about! It may be added to this list!

If you have anything you'd like to add, post it! I will add it as needed to this post!
Last edited by Bryn Shander on Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:28 pm, edited 8 times in total.
The Jannarii Empire | Founder of the Hermes Alliance
Bryn Shander is the capital city. Jannath is the homeworld. The adjective for the people is Jannarii, while the adjective for the people that live in the capital and the ethnic group that lived in the Kingdom of Bryn Shander before planetary unification is Shanderan. Shanderan is also the name of the language spoken in the Jannarii Empire.
FT Map of the Milky Way | Qustions and Answers concerning the Jannarii Empire.
NS Futuretech on Facebook | NS Futuretech on IRC | NS Balls | NS Trainers
IBNFTW local 8492

Feazanthia
Minister

Founded: Feb 27, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Feazanthia » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:31 pm

Ehn. I'll do it. You know my drill.

Also recommend adding the FT argument thread to your list there.
<Viridia>: Because 'assisting with science' is your code-phrase for 'fucking about like a rampant orangutan being handed the keys to a banana factory'
The Local Cluster - an FT Region

Bryn Shander
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bryn Shander » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:40 pm

Done. I'm a bit wary of suggesting that the new kids jump headfirst into that thread though. It could turn some of them off of FT forever.
Bryn Shander is the capital city. Jannath is the homeworld. The adjective for the people is Jannarii, while the adjective for the people that live in the capital and the ethnic group that lived in the Kingdom of Bryn Shander before planetary unification is Shanderan. Shanderan is also the name of the language spoken in the Jannarii Empire.
IBNFTW local 8492

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Founded: Oct 06, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:43 pm

You can add me on, Bryn. My contact's usually by telegram or by the Conglomerate IRC. I'd prefer if my email isn't shared.

ViZion
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:46 pm

Awesome Bryn Shander! Thanks for posting this new one. *thumbs up*
The Constitutional Federal Republic of ViZion

[ Angola | Zambia | Tanzania | Antarctica | ViZion Island | Northern South America | Central America | Astyria | Coulter Bay | 18,546,524.5 sq mi ]
(Founded June 14, 2003)
Astyria | Astyria GE&T Directory | The Astyrian Network

Toops
Attaché

Founded: Jan 15, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Toops » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:46 pm

I'd like to sign up my name as an MT trainer, or hell a trainer of all Techs if need be, i've not been known to have any strong passion towards any particular tech.

I'd also like to recomend Jenraks other guides be sticked, on writing a good post and the concept of a state, aswell as (I think Leistungs???) guide on a good opening post, i'll find the links soon enough...

Leistungs Guide to Writing a Decent Opening Post

Fortunantly Jenrak had the good grace to post just before me :P his guides can be found through his sig
Last edited by Toops on Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"They were unrelenting, from every doorway they never stopped pouring in, from every smoke filled gun barrel they never stopped firing. They never ran away! From all assumptions I can gather only that they are beings of pure unfathomable chaos, and that scares me more than any crackpot dictator or sociopathic super soldier."

Bryn Shander
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bryn Shander » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:52 pm

Jenrak: What tech levels should I mark you as?

Toops: Were you active on Jolt? You don't seem to have many posts on these new forums.
IBNFTW local 8492

Ostronopolis
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ostronopolis » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:55 pm

I'm good for this. They can contact me via TG or Email (Upon private request). I specialize in MT, and espcially diplomatic arenas such as communiques and the like. Any questions, just ask.
Most Noble Republican Union of Ostronopolis
“Mortici Touaente Antimia”
Ostronopolian Trading Company || Congburgers || Communique Guide || Factbook ||
Member of: || The Conglomerate || Sovereign Network
Observer of: || COMINTERN || IFA ||

Quotes:
<Amit:> Ostro
<Amit> Through your sheer force of character
<Amit> You could get a nation to work for you

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Founded: Oct 06, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:03 pm

Bryn Shander wrote:Jenrak: What tech levels should I mark you as?

Toops: Were you active on Jolt? You don't seem to have many posts on these new forums.

MT, PMT and FT I'm all okay with. Primarily MT and PMT.

Toops
Attaché

Founded: Jan 15, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Toops » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:03 pm

Bryn Shander wrote:Toops: Were you active on Jolt? You don't seem to have many posts on these new forums.

Eh, I'm far too ecclectic in taste and scattergun in planning to follow any one thing for too long (to note: that isn't to say I'll abandon the trainers, just expect me to regularly change tact and approach) you can find me through my many active puppets, either as Spooty, Toopoxia, Terlaka, Toops and I think Kaduna is the last of them, overall on these new forums I think I could estimate at anything from 300 to 500 total cumulative posts, though expect that to ramp up soon as I'm involved in wars with two of them, a terse refugee and mineral negotiation with a third and a subcontracted non-canonical PT war with a fourth.
"They were unrelenting, from every doorway they never stopped pouring in, from every smoke filled gun barrel they never stopped firing. They never ran away! From all assumptions I can gather only that they are beings of pure unfathomable chaos, and that scares me more than any crackpot dictator or sociopathic super soldier."

Auman
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:16 pm

I'm always down for hours of theoretical debate (Read: Ranting.)
IBNFTW local 8492

Amazonian Beasts
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Amazonian Beasts » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:30 pm

Bryn: MT/PMT/FT, if you could - I'm in all three.
http://wearesanctum.wordpress.com/ - Follow New Azura, Storm Gard, and myself amongst others as we talk about random stuff, from sports to comedy.

Hurricanes/Trojans/Wildcats; Jaguars/Spurs/Dodgers/Avalanche/Ravens

Kremistan
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kremistan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:32 pm

I'm willing to help train. I'm pretty good all around, if you're willing to accept the biased source. I do MT stuff, mostly, but can do from 1914 on up. I like diplomacy most, and have a good handle on warmaking.

I'll be making a Gmail account for the purpose of NS stuff, I'll post it here once I'm done creating it.

TARoKremistan@gmail.com
Last edited by Kremistan on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Malkyer
Attaché

Founded: Sep 08, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Malkyer » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:54 pm

I make no claim as to being among the best of NS' role-play community, but I'd be willing to help some newbies get on their feet. MT is what I'm most familiar with, though I do have a decent among of experience with Past Tech RP as well (specifically 19th and early-to-mid 20th Century stuff).

AIM: dierepubliek
Email: malkyer2010@hotmail.com (obviously, an NS-specific account)
Founded 8 September 2004. Deleted mid-2007. Resurrected 15 February 2010.

Deleted again at some point, re-resurrected December 2012. Re-re-resurrected March 2016. Very much a zombie by this point.

I roleplay as the Whitefall Confederation, of which the Kingdom of Malkyer is a member. The Confederation as a whole has a population of roughly 1.2 billion, regardless of the what the NS page says.

I reserve the right to ignore any and all IC posts that I find excessively unrealistic and/or stupid.

Fanaglia
Senator

Founded: Nov 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:20 pm

Be it culture or technology (particularly military), I'd be more than happy to lend a hand for PT from the American Civil War until the end of WWII.

I'd also be nominally helpful with the time around the American and French Revolutions (1760s-1812ish).

Kremistan can vouch for me if need be, or you could just check some of my RPs (Fanaglia is a steampunk nation set in 1883).

TGs are the best way to get a hold of me.
Last edited by Fanaglia on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook
OOC: Fanaglia is a steampunk nation; whenever I post IC, I'm posting from 1886. That, or from some sort of weird time rift in which my characters don't realize they are in fact 127 years in the future.
Barringtonia wrote:Only dirty hippies ride bicycles, white supremacists don't ride bicycles EVER, although the Nazis did steal a lot of bicycles from the Dutch, but that was to use the steel to make TANKS!

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Jesus H. Christ on a jelly pogo stick of justice.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:NS forums are SUPERGOOGLE.

The power of dozens of ordinary humans simultaneously interrogating a search engine with slightly different keywords. I'm getting all teared up just thinking of the power.

Hyperspatial Travel
Diplomat

Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Hyperspatial Travel » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:24 pm

/will be a NStrainer once again.
Huerdae: You know, I'd kick a queen in the tits if she acted like that.

Naggeroth
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 25, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Naggeroth » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:59 am

I'll throw my hat into the ring. Put me down for a trainer of FT. You can contact me via Telegram or you can IM at the following:

MSN: anisarian@gmail.com
AIM: Anisarean
Yahoo Messenger:Anisarean

Otagia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Otagia » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:16 am

Might as well throw me on there again.

Brewdomia
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Brewdomia » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:33 pm

I'd be up for this. I specialize in MT.

Kremistan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kremistan » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:07 pm

So, to make sure people actually know about this/we don't die out a few days after creation, I'm willing to run a MT wargame or diplomatic exercise. The way I envision the wargame is that we either have the Trainers one one team and the new guys on the other, or an even mix. Diplomatic exercise could be as simple as offering a new nation a scenario for their government to respond to.

Thoughts/Input?

Also, do we want to make an offsite forum?

Novikov
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 13, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Novikov » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:20 pm

I'd love to participate as a trainer for MT nations.
Kremistan wrote:So, to make sure people actually know about this/we don't die out a few days after creation, I'm willing to run a MT wargame or diplomatic exercise. The way I envision the wargame is that we either have the Trainers one one team and the new guys on the other, or an even mix. Diplomatic exercise could be as simple as offering a new nation a scenario for their government to respond to.

Thoughts/Input?

Also, do we want to make an offsite forum?

A wargame would be a very good way to get a the ball rolling here. I would shy away from pitting an all-new-payer force against an experienced force, though. I recommend using split teams, each with some new players and some trainers.
NSWiki (needs editing), Embassy Exchange, You know you are...
A member of the United Kingdom of Oceania and Nova
Host of the First International Chess Tournament.
Economic: 8.25 Left
Social: 3.03 Libertarian
CoP I (3rd), CoH XLIII (3rd) & XLVI (2nd), WCQ LI-LV

Gardez-vous d’écouter cet imposteur; vous ětes perdus, si vous oubliez que les fruits sont à tous, et que la terre n’est à personne.

Bryn Shander
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bryn Shander » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:20 am

Kremistan wrote:Also, do we want to make an offsite forum?

I don't think that will be necessary. For now, this thread should work.
IBNFTW local 8492

Lynion
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Lynion » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:57 am

Put myself down for it and I'll make an email account for NS related soon.

MT, PMT and Fantasy Tech

(Forgot to add the tech levels I do)
Last edited by Lynion on Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Indeed" Merlin replied, remaining in shadow "Emotions give people more power than they could possibly image. Emotions can turn the tide of battles with a single heroic act, help beat back even the strongest enemy. Emotions are what keeps us going in our hour of need. Hope, and trust in our friends. What Rathma did, he did because he had emotions, not because he had a lack of them"

Merlin, Ustio North - Origins of a Hero

RP's with a population of 5bn

Kremistan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kremistan » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:01 am

Bryn Shander wrote:
Kremistan wrote:Also, do we want to make an offsite forum?

I don't think that will be necessary. For now, this thread should work.

Okay, then.

Novikov wrote:-snip-
A wargame would be a very good way to get a the ball rolling here. I would shy away from pitting an all-new-payer force against an experienced force, though. I recommend using split teams, each with some new players and some trainers.

But it would be funny to watch!

But yeah, in all seriousness, you're right, a -mostly-even split would probably be best.

I'll make a thread if a few more MT trainers get in on the idea.

Malkyer
Attaché

Founded: Sep 08, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Malkyer » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:29 am

I've got a busy couple of weeks coming up, but I could make time for a wargame scenario. And my two cents, it'd definitely be better to have trainers and newbies mixed among both sides.
Founded 8 September 2004. Deleted mid-2007. Resurrected 15 February 2010.

Deleted again at some point, re-resurrected December 2012. Re-re-resurrected March 2016. Very much a zombie by this point.

I roleplay as the Whitefall Confederation, of which the Kingdom of Malkyer is a member. The Confederation as a whole has a population of roughly 1.2 billion, regardless of the what the NS page says.

I reserve the right to ignore any and all IC posts that I find excessively unrealistic and/or stupid.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents