NATION

PASSWORD

The Eternal Thread: We're a Tortoise Now

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Taoju
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Taoju » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:46 pm

Stern des Meeres wrote:
Taoju wrote:So I just watched World War Z

I am in utter disappoint.

The book was so much more feelsworthy.

Grrr.

I never saw the movie, but it looked like it was mainly people running from zombies. :/
The book was good though.

ZOMBIE WALL :>
Kannap wrote:
Taoju wrote:So I just watched World War Z

I am in utter disappoint.

The book was so much more feelsworthy.

Grrr.

I refused to watch it, the commercial itself gave me one nightmare.. The only nightmare that I have had in years.

What a wimp. I found it hilarious, that zombie wall.

But some parts were jump scare, and almost made me pee my pants.
The Republic of Taoju ― Tauzhur Mineli ― Таужур Минули

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:53 pm

And thus comes to a close the 100 thread-long social experiment that came to some interesting conclusions.

Moderator warnings, repeated, by many, went continually unheeded, save by a few - whom I thank.

Players who attempted to save the thread, ended up being driven off by those insistent on making it their platform for drama, spammy refuge, and place to grab attention for whatever personal reasons.

Friendships were made, broken, mended, and taken to levels they possibly shouldn’t have. Arguments were overheated, inappropriateness was had, and in some cases, encouraged by players, and the speed of posting and level of problems on occasion, reached levels of headache-inducing modly irritation. As another player noted, things changed. It got ugly on more than one occasion. It got cliquey. It got exclusive rather than inclusive. It got vindictive. It got mean.

We’re going to put the TET to bed for a while. The jury is still out on whether or not it will be brought back. This issue has been discussed multiple times over the past year plus, and is not a snap decision. Do not spam us with a plethora of ‘bring it back’ requests. We have already set a time for re-evaluation, and harassment by players is not going to speed that up.

In the meantime, we hope that you will not resort to spamming other threads in irritation. That will simply end in tears. Take the time instead to re-evaluate your own posting habits, reasons for them, and why they may have been at odds with the intention and stated rules of TET. You’ve 99+1 examples to go through and see where things may have gone wrong, where we have admonished, reminded, and reprimanded. You’ll likely have ample time to peruse, and contemplate.

So for now:

Hasta luego, arrivederci, tot ziens, au revoir, tschuss, sayonara, orewar, namaste, hade, tchau, do svidanija, hwyl, chao chi, and good night.

Previous

Return to Archives