NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 30 - Contest/IC Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lactatia
Attaché

Founded: Nov 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lactatia » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:25 pm

18. Lactatia

Comptoniqua La'Trill - "Whore"
Language: English
Tune: Katy Perry - Roar

Comptoniqua La'Trill walked onto the stage, wearing a tight-fitting latex suit. There was nobody accompanying her, so she was on the stage all by herself. The music played, and she puckered her lips in a sassy-like smile and began to sing.

I used to have sex only with ma cooch
Then I remembered I had a booty too
Yeah I was struggling,
So I started hooking

I guess I liked that I didn't have a choice
I called mens up an I get their dicks all moist
I put on a g-strang
An I started twerking

You flagged me down
Then grabbed my butt
You squeezed my titties
Then busted yo nut

You heard that noise
You heard that sound
Comptoniqua queef will knock
You to the ground

I was broke down
But I got up
Selling chocha
an selling half of my butt

I made my cash
With my chocha an mouth

I've got the crotch of the tiger,
Desire,
Suck you like vampire
I work on the corner
'Cause I'm just a fucking whoreee
Say it louder
Suck dick for an hour
Cause I swallow champions
And you know that I was a
Whore oh oh oh oh oh ohhhhh
oh oh oh oh oh ohohhhhh

Now I'm chilling rich as cherry pie
I made my money an got Club Nasty to get me by
I went from zero, to buying guitar hero

You flagged me down
Then grabbed my butt
You squeezed my titties
Then busted your nut

You hear that noise
You hear that sound
Comptoniqua queef will knock
You to the ground

I was broke down
But I got up
Selling chocha
And selling half of my butt

I made my cash
With my chocha and mouth

Desire,
Suck you like vampire
I work on the corner
Say it louder
Suck dick for an hour
oh oh oh oh oh ohohhhhh

Whore
Whore
Whore
Whore
Whooooooooreeeeee

Desire,
Suck you like vampire
I work on the corner
Say it louder
Suck dick for an hour
oh oh oh oh oh ohohhhhh

When the song was over, she screamed. "Thanks ya'll!" She shouted before running off the stage.

Communist Quinntopia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Quinntopia » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:54 pm

redacted
Last edited by Communist Quinntopia on Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

Lyonsland
Envoy

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

WorldVision 30 Commentary - Provided by TVL!

Postby Lyonsland » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:10 pm

To add to the commentary, I will also add tweets from people from Lyonsland. As they did not see Gregoryisgodistan's performance, no tweets for that song will be shown.
(OOC: I'd also like to add that this is my first WV, so my writing may not be perfect.)

Ian: Hello Lyonsland! We are live from Restnov, Polkopia for the 30th WorldVision Song Contest! Tonight, Lyonsland will take part for the first time ever in the history of the contest, as The Voice of Lyonsland 2013 winner Tilia Redmond will be singing for us in our first battle! (OOC: Unintended The Voice pun :palm: ) As usual in this contest, but unusual for you, we start with the opening act with some popular Polokopian celebrites and dancers of the world collaborating in the art of (surprise, surprise) SONG AND DANCE!

*Opening Act*
Ian: Pretty good start! Just a tad bit cheesy, but yet again this is the WorldVision so what can you expect?! Oh well, off to our first participating performance of the night which comes from... oh lord. Gregoryisgodistan. For those who are unaware, you could sum this nation up with this. North Korea a hundred times worse with some other bizzare laws you would find in some small southern USA towns. Hoorah. Their singer goes by the odd name of Singer MSK29492 who will be singing "The Execution Song" this should be fun...

*Gregoryisgodistan*
TVL1: Under the guidance of rules by the Lyonslandese Television Council, we are being forced to cut from the show until further notice. We do sincerely apologize, but for many circumstances we are not allowed to broadcast the events which have unfolded on the live show.
*cuts back to WV30 five minutes later*
Ian: Oh. My. God. If... if... if you are just joining us here at Restnov for the 30th WorldVision Song Contest we... have... had a live execution by what I think was the state police of Gregoryisgodistan murdering the singer, I am totally shocked, confused and horrified. I just-

*Ian then gets sick underneath his desk*

*Blue Cross Island*
Ian: It was OK, but it sounded too much like Bing Crosby met Louis Armstrong. The visual appearance was not that bad either, but in my opinion a little bland. If you would like to vote for Blue Cross Island, call 1644 32 32 102, or text "02" to 16323.
@Claireagogo: I love this song! Reminds me of my gramps when I was a little kid #Worldvision
@YoungSkrillexr: ewww wtf is dis wat old sagy ppl lisin 2 omg get a lyf and lisin 2 skrillex #WorldVision

*New Koln*
Ian: For heaven's sake, WHAT IS THIS?! Sounds like a pile of shit to me. Terrible lyrics, a terrible song, just eughhh. If you are mentally or sensory deprived call 1644 32 32 103, or text "03" to 16323. And that's New Koln over and done with (whispers: Thank fuck for that!).
@WorldVisionNKolnFan: Yay Maria has excellent job by far. Other cuntries will jealous of our beautiful sung #WorldVision
@ThatFellaBrian: Couldn't they have just shown the execution rather than this shit? #WorldVision
@SassySimonSims: Yeah um NO. #WorldVision #NewKoln

*Lyonsland*
Ian: Fantastic! Well done Tilia! I think we can be very happy with this performance indeed! Tilia put a lot of effort into this and so did the choir, the savastins, the delegation and everyone involved in our entry! Sadly, we can't vote for ourselves but it kinda makes sense that we can't, aye?
@Delia_Rashkins: Stunning! Fingers crossed she'll do well! #WorldVision
@TiliaFanClub: I'm crying right now! Tilia! You make me so proud to be a Tilian! The best song by far :')
@AdamTheBusinessGuy: This is what M2 Million of our TV license goes to?! Withdraw from this at once TVL! #WorldVision

*Lymantatia*

*Dutzenderland*

*Luziyca*
Ian: And there goes Luziyca's answer to the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. It was OK, but slightly boring until the absurd political message was aired... Anyways if you would like to vote for the God Botherers - I mean The Kids Down The Street call 1644 32 32 107, or text "07" to 16323.
@EsquariumQuotes: I'm surprised there was no mention of Mr. Jesus Jarrod Thuman there #WorldVision #WorldVision
@Kevin_Ombertan: Might just vote for this, it's the best by far! #WorldVision

*Mister X*
Ian: Hilarious! Well done Mister x for bringing some laughs! However, fuck's sake you need another lyricist if you want to win this. Please and thanks ;) If you are into bestiality or a good Lonely Island rip off, call 1644 32 32 108 or text "08" to 16323.
@Niall_Dunherston: This is what happens when you put Nicki Minaj and a 4 year old in a room together to write a song. Seriously Mister X? #WorldVision
@Kelly69254: My three year old niece is clapping along to this. I think it's her time to go to bed #WorldVision
@ShowbizLY: RT if you think the #WorldVision needs more songs about men resorting to sex with animals after being dumped! Lol!

Ian: Stay tuned for more fun and games as the WorldVision continues!
Last edited by Lyonsland on Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyonsland, Esquarium's favourite Celtic-Nordic federal kingdom!

New Koln
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Koln » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:39 am

Commusnist Quinntopia the most horrible song ever as all say they need mwork too and they need years to make the perfect song.
Round of 16 McKleigh American Tackle Football league I, Round of 16 World Hoops Showcase, 2nd place of group W in Softball Invite III,NSCF 9 Quarter finals(St.Martin's college),Runner up of the 1st ODI Challenge Cup

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:41 am

And commentary continues on MRX TWO...

Welcome back to WorldVision 30. Next up, it's Kishrael.

13 KISHRAEL

More rock. More pain. Took a while to get going, and when it did, I wasn't pleased. Calls cost one T-mark, so if you want to vote for it by dialing 9 12 12 13 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 13 from a landline then you won't get value for money.

14 CATA LARGA

YES! That's brilliant, Cata Larga! What a great duet from Cata Larga there! That is one of the greatest WorldVision entries I've ever heard, although this is only my second WorldVision! I'd spend a lot of money if I were you: call 9 12 12 14 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 14 from a landline - calls only cost one T-mark, so get voting!

15 LANOS

Let's have a look at some of your comments, then.

Lucius wrote:Oh wow. So many good entries. I'm voting for Kishrael and Cata Larga.

Peter wrote:Robert's off his rocker; Cata Larga was dreadful!

Dip Terous wrote:plures carmina rupes! ego non amo!

16 BLOODBATH GENERATION

The staging was a bit too elaborate for that entry. Yes, I know I'm not in a good position to comment on that after our entry. Filius was amazing, though. Anyway, this ballad is a bit slow and I just wish it would 'go off' at some point, for when the drums kick in it's still a bit thin in texture. If you want that to win WorldVision 30, then dial 9 12 12 16 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 16 from a landline. Calls cost one T-mark, and what's next? It's our hosts!

17 POLKOPIA

This rock ballad is, well, a bit crap, to be honest. Another slow ballad which never really 'goes off'. I expected better from our hosts. To vote for this, not that you'd want to, as it is one T-mark, dial 9 12 12 17 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 17 from a landline.

18 LACTATIA

Should have been subtitled as 'the prostitution song'. And some people think our entry about bestiality was bonkers... To vote for this, for the price of one T-mark, dial 9 12 12 18 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 18 from a landline.

Join us after the break for Part Three, where we could see Mister X win.
Last edited by Mister X on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:10 pm

19 - Zwangzug
"Deadbeats"
The Silver Fuzz

Jared McNamrow is the lead singer of The Silver Fuzz. He stays front and center, with the keyboardist and drumset close behind him. The bass player, Clive Roeter, moves back and forth; at times shadowing Jared, at other times drawing closer to a group of dancers who begin the song seated on a falling-apart couch that they wheeled on stage. While the band themselves are dressed formally, in dark jackets and pants, the dancers are wearing casual and brightly-colored T-shirts.

Oh we used to be so lazy
Now we do amazing feats
You might think we're kind of crazy
But now we're rocking out and we're not deadbeats.
So when they told us "get up and find a job"
That's when we knew we had to leave our seats
And we won't crash anymore
Because we're rocking out and we're not deadbeats.

The bass player backs away from McNamrow during this part, drawing closer to the dancers. He lifts his instrument, through the shadows, and points it at them; immediately, they jump up and form a line, hands on each others' shoulders, to circle around the stage. He follows them, still aiming the bass.

We were lying on the couch all day.
My friends came over, there was nothing to say.
We could have stayed on our butts till the end
It wouldn't hurt, but I got my guitar to play it.

Now, Clive has drawn level with Jared. Singing into a clip-on mic, he contributes backing vocals between Jared's lines.

Oh we used to be so lazy (When was that?)
I can tell you all the deets (Go ahead)
But my memory is hazy (How can that be?)
We were slumping in our seats.
But we won't take this lying down
We're rocking out cause we're not deadbeats.

The dancers' procession, having circled around the stage, reaches the back of the couch again. One by one, they slump against the couch, arms draping forward. Then, one by one, they somersault onto it, bounding up off the cushions and leaping forward to finish the song with new energy.

Oh we said "we're so sleepy, we could die"
They said "drop dead, if you would give that a try."
That's what you get if you're looking like a zombie.
So we started to rock cause we needed a hobby.
Oh we used to be so lazy
Now we do amazing feats
You might think we're kind of crazy
But now we're rocking out and we're not deadbeats...

Clive retreats back, to catch up with the dancers one more time; he lands on the couch, satisfied, and they roll it off the stage. "Thank you!" Jared calls, before leaving close behind them.
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:24 pm

KINGFORDIAN COMMENTARY

COMMENTATORS:
NATALIA MOLOROVSKAYA: Singer, WV 23 Representative

LINNEA HALVORSEN: Lead singer of "VELVET" (KB WV29 Representatives)

Natalia: Welcome to Polkopia, the host nation of WorldVision Song Contest 30. I'm Natalia Molorovskaya and joining me in the commentary booth is Linnea Halvorsen, lead singer of VELVET, who came 2nd last year for Kingsley Bedford.

Linnea: Good evening Kingsley Bedford!

Natalia: Sergei Aramov has been banished from the commentary booth this year, paving the way for our all-female commentary duo.
Linnea: Yep, we gave him the boot.... in all seriousness, he's on leave this year, so you're stuck with me.
Natalia: That might not be a bad thing you know
Linnea: Tonight we have a range of entries for you from all over the world. Including Kingsley Bedford's own Gianna Galli! Hopefully this year will be our year
Natalia: The winners last year were Communist Quinntopia, and the year before they came 2nd, as you know we came 2nd last year, so maybe that pattern will continue with us.
Linnea: Let's hope so!
Natalia: You can see the crowd here in Restov Stadion, our venue for the contest. And the opening act is about to begin, a little song based on the theme for this year's contest which is "Be Proud of Your Music"

OPENING ACT:
Natalia: That was a rather unusual opening act, I liked it, sung by Irena & Markus.
Linnea: It started out slow, with a beautiful piano ballad... then Markus comes onstage and it changes into an uptempo number with a lot of energy.
Natalia: An opening act that just screams diversity on all levels. The message of the song is about the diverse nature of the songs we will see tonight, with the music of the opening act itself displaying diversity with two very different styles and two very different artists coming together.
Linnea: And the inclusion of the traditional dancers from various countries enhanced that. But whoever choreographed Markus' routine deserves to be shot. It was ridiculous.
Natalia: He is a comedian so that might have something to do with it
Linnea: That explains a lot then. Comedians should really stick to sitting on a stool or just standing in front of a microphone. It's what they do best.
Natalia: He could sing though.... A different opening act than we're used, and that's a good thing. It's nice to have something different.
Linnea: And now approaching the stage are our hosts Anna & Roman
Natalia: Now Anna is a WorldVision winner. She won WV25 for Polkopia with "Love Is Not A Game"
Linnea: And as Anna and Roman just told us, the venue was only completed last month, which explains why there are exposed wires in the commentary boxes
Natalia: There are not, she's kidding everyone. We're perfectly safe. Or are we because our first song is from one of the most brutal regimes in the World. Gregoryisgodistan. The name alone says it all.

1. GREGORYISGODISTAN
Linnea: The Gregoryisgodistani entry is sung by Singer MSK29492... just like a prisoner.
Natalia: MSK29492 is singing "The Execution Song" It's sounding fantastic already
Linnea: Nice composition, but the lyrics are absolutely horrid. This is why people are executed in Gregoryisgodistan. It shows the brutality and irrational nature of their regime.
Natalia: What the heck is happening?
Linnea: Armed police entering the stage, pinning down Singer MSK29492
Natalia: You're kidding me! They're going to execute her? please tell me this is part of the act.
Linnea: OH MY GOD! They are actually going to execute her... go to a commercial break, go to a commercial break!

*Broadcast switches to Natalia and Linnea in the commentary booth. both have their backs to the window... so as not to see the horror unfolding behind them*

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE EXECUTION INCIDENT:
Natalia: A horrible start to the night and I think there will be outrage from many at the horrific events of this performance. Brutal regimes like this should have no place in this contest. It absolutely throws the whole thing. But at least the world now knows what it's really like in that country.
Linnea: Shocking, I think those secret police have no right to even act like they have jurisdiction over this performance. It took place in Polkopia. If this were happening in Kingsley Bedford it wouldn't be tolerated. We believe in freedom of expression through creativity by all means, but this crossing the line. For this...
Natalia: The number for voting for the entry was on your screens and you could vote for it.... but if you do... SHAME ON YOU for supporting this. The entry deserves 0 points.
Linnea: You know, there are many serious artists who represent their countries at WorldVision and I fear that the attention will not be focused on them tonight, but on this horrific incident. I sincerely hope the public takes no notice of this other than to condemn it. But we can be thankful the singer was the only person in the arena who was killed. No innocent bystanders were harmed.
Last edited by Kingsley Bedford on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kingfordian Republic of Kingsley Bedford
WA Delegate and head of diplomacy in Democratic Republics
Co-owner of Kiphtur Multinational
Co-President of United Democratic Party

http://kiphturmultinational.forumotion.com/index.htm < storefront
Federation of Democratic Republics <-- Join our region!

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:31 am

20. _TÖDLICHEBUJOKU_

Dragon Ride

Asuka Virtanen

Asuka Virtanen is a well-known, but not wildly famous, Tödlichebujoki pop singer. Her style appealed to the Tödlichebujoki WV committee, which was surprised at the popularity of "Break Your Neck" in WV29, snagging a place just one below that of "Love Lies". For WorldVision 30, they decided to see how a more family-friendly entry would do in the contest. In fact, before Kaja K.'s unexpected placing, the committee was planning either a small break from the contest or something more low-key. After Kaja's surprise, they scrambled back to the drawing board to see what they could make of the circumstances. And so Asuka Virtanen's unreleased single was selected to be Tödlichebujoku's entry in WV30. Critics panned the idea of sending "some shitty piece of pop music" to WorldVision, but proponents praised it as "a good, upbeat piece that's not explicitly murderous." Asuka herself, of course, was thrilled to be given the honor to represent her country in an international event.

Asuka stands in the center of the stage, in a dark purple coat and black leggings and boots, her more modest choice of attire relieving concerned parents. At first the stage is lit only by pink accents, but the main spotlights turn on and shine on Asuka as she begins the first line

Look, babe, at that shape up in the sky
A dragon with its wings all opened wide
Can't you wait to fly with me tonight
'Cause we'll be on a twilight dragon ride

The lights dim, attaining a sparkling look, and she turns to look at the camera with a smile for a close-up as she sings

The city lights will be shining bright, they'll be shining bright, when we
Soar past on those massive wings, those massive wings, up high
I know that you have always wanted
To soar up high feeling undaunted
And feel the air rushing through your hair, your hair

The lights brighten and the background screens explode with pink and purple pinwheels. Asuka reaches out with one arm, the other holding the mike, returning it to herself as she repeats the stanza

So babe, when we look up at the sky
There'll be nothing but the fading light
We'll see nothing else but you and I
And we'll be soaring past into the night

So babe, when we look up at the sky
There'll be nothing but the fading light
We'll see nothing else but you and I
And we'll be soaring past into the night

The background pinwheels darken into simple swirling points of light, the lights dimming to a single spotlight on Asuka. She closes her eyes, her head pointed slightly up, opening her eyes again after the first three lines

Into the night
Into the night
Into the night

Soaring through the night!
Ohh...

The pale pink and purple points of lights dim and give way to gold and orange ones, and the light illuminating Asuka takes on a slight golden hue

The countryside is darkening, it's darkening, below
The sun is kissing the horizon, the horizon, so close
And feel the air rushing between our lips, our lips

The colors strengthen, a breeze picks up, and the stage grows a bit brighter. A man, clad in a leather jacket and jeans, walks onto the stage. Asuka turns to him, their faces nearly touching as she sings the last line

Boy, you've truly shown you love me so
It's time for me to make this night your own

They move away from each other, both smiling. They turn to the camera, which is a bit above them. Multiple spotlights sweep in and blink in tune to the music, the background screens morphing to repeating sunset explosions with an indigo dragon silhouette in the middle of the central one

Look, babe, at that shape up in the sky
A dragon with its wings all opened wide

As the music builds, the lights strobe with increasing intensity while the background explosions slow

Dragon ride
Dragon ride
Dragon ride

On a dragon ride!

She does a backflip with the aid of her partner as silvery white sparkles drift down, her voice strong and clear in the next line. A bright burst of light clears the background screens for an animation of an iridescent dragon flying past over the countryside, followed by swirling dots

On a dragon ride!

The wind is stronger now, her voice is a bit muffled at first but steadily grows stronger. She sits down into her partner's arms. He slowly lifts her up as several dancers covered in black slide in from both sides and breakdance, with one dancer in the center of each group standing up and performing an upper-body focused interpretive dance in time with the music

Soar past on those massive wings, those massive wings, up high
And feel the air rushing through your hair, your hair

On a dragon ride!

Asuka jumps off, whirls, and faces her partner, the wind ceasing. The camera just manages to nab her and her partner's faces as she sings the last line, Asuka grinning as if she is saying just to him

The city lights will be shining bright

As the lights fade and after the camera gets a close-up from another angle of their faces from the side with silvery pyros falling around the statge, Asuka and her partner turn and walk up to the front before leaving

"Thank you! Kiitos Restnov, and everyone who made this possible! Thank you!" she shouts ecstatically.
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 7 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Nekoni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nekoni » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:21 pm

21 - Nekoni
Catharsis Garden - Masquerade

Tune: Guren no Honoo // Gekidan Record feat. Sana Shintani

Catharsis Garden are a two-piece from Marina Point in the northwest of Nekoni. Their music is best described as a cross between rock and Nekonian folk, combining electric guitar solos and lively drum patterns with traditional instruments. This clash of styles, combined with their noteworthy dress sense make them one of the more outstanding acts of the Nekoni music industry.

(Outfits are as they are in that picture link, with the addition of masquerade masks [obviously]. Our female singer has a netted mask in the style of the veil, extending across the face with more hexagonal solid sections. The male musician [on mandolin] has a plain black one with a tan-brown trim. There are other backing musicians, all male, dressed like him, on electric guitar, acoustic bass, drums and accordion.)

The opening chords of the intro start. The lights are turned low, slightly navy-tinged, with just a little extra on the accordion player, as he's the only actually doing anything. There is an antique Parisienne-style lampost at the side of the stage where our singer is perched on, holding an ornate black fan to hide the lower half of her face.

Upon the rest of the band joining in, the lights immediately change to a natural colour. The video background displays around the stage are all coloured sepia, with the images depicting a ballroom with some light blur on them. The singer compacts her fan with a single flick of the wrist and tosses it into the crowd, caught by a lucky audience member. She gracefully walks to the microphone stand in the center of the stage in time, just allowing her to grab the stand in time for the first verse.

Throughout the verse, she holds the microphone and stand, making subtle movements with her body around the stand, not suggestively, but more as if she was dancing with it, yet it's rooted to the floor.

With our two faces covered, you place your hand inside mine
The band strikes up and then we start again
I'm like a marionnette, I want you to control me
Tonight's the night we'll be the stars of this show

At the halfway point of the verse, she unhooks the microphone and with a giant spin leaves the centre of the stage. With the lightest of touches, she dances around the stage to the lampost, where she grabs and playfully swings around it, just for enough time so that the swinging lasts for the length of the last note.

And then you take me by the hand just as you take me by the heart
And when you spin me round I want you to stay with me forever
Who could the mystery man be behind your mask tonight?
Why don't you show me? Who are you?

On the chorus, she makes her way through the crowd of musicians. On each section, she dances with and poses with each of the four backing ones, ending up at the guitarist.

This is the masquerade, our chance to lose ourselves to empty night
Without identity we meet, two hearts entwine, I feel this could be love
But if the music dies, I fear I will never see you again
So I want you to save me, can you show me your true face tonight?

The guitarist places a red rose in her hair during the instrumental break. During the second verse, she dances over to the mandolin player who leans in and plants a kiss on her cheek. Even though it's scripted, she can't help blushing a little, bless her. Whilst he's playing, she reaches her arms around his waist, subtly into his jacket pockets, retreiving something from them. She then glides back to the centre mic stand.

You put a flower in my hair, you plant a kiss on my lips
The clock strikes twelve, I fear I'm out of time
You go to turn away, but I can't give up that easy
I want to know who was the man that stole my heart

The background displays change to a nightime backdrop, a navy blue to contrast the sepia orange of the rest of the performance. She stops the graceful dance-like movements, grabbing the microphone stand, and thrusting her free arm up towards her face in despair. From the camera zooming in, it appears she took a pair of castanets from the mandolin player's pockets, and are readily attached to the fingers.

But then when I look for you I can't find you, the black veil of the night has taken
You, a silent tear rolls down my face, Can't believe I was so close to
Finding my true love, my heart recoils, I'm wretched in pain
Where could you be, and who are you?

In the first part, she drops to her knees, playing the castanet rolls. She violently jerks her head to the side away from the camera, her arms blocking her face, almost in shame brought on by heartache.

Despair consuming me, I cry so helplessly into the night
And you won't answer my call, won't hear my pleas to come back from the dark

As the band strikes back up, she grabs the microphone with both hands, and stands herself up. The lighting setup goes back to sepia, and she, with new found confidence, belts out the last line, eyes closed on the final part.

But I will try again, and this time you must know I will not fail
As we are destined to be, the stars of the show, the lovers of the masquerade

During the guitar solo, a golden spotlight shines down on her. She performs an elegant dance under the lights with her castanets whilst the guitarist does his thing. The song ends with her making three thrusts with her arms, with the last one dropping her to her knees again.

The song ends, the audience break into a raptuous applause. She waves to the crowd, shouting the now-traditional 'We love you Polkopia!' at the audience.
Last edited by Nekoni on Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eurovision apologist, International Broadcast Alliance founding member

Debuted in 26, currently entered 29 times

Wins: 2 (70, 92)
Podiums: 3 (70, 80, 92)
Top 10s: 12 (46, 63, 64, 70, 71, 73, 75, 78, 80, 90, 92, 94)
Hostings: 3 (64, 80, 94)

Former Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiacchi, now Polaris Racing Team
WGPC 13 Drivers & Constructors Champion
7-time Grand Prix Host
Renowned* Track Designer

*by himself

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:15 pm

OOC: As Lord Almighty Gregory is the only one allowed to vote on anything in Gregoryisgodistan, he and he alone will vote in WorldVision. The following is a transcript of his notes on the Worldvision contestants, so that he can decide who to vote for at the end.

1. GREGORIYSGODISTAN

Oh cool, we're first. Too bad we can't vote for ourselves. Stupid WorldVision Committee. Everyone knows Gregoryisgodistan is the greatest country in the world. Did she just say what I think she said? Yep. She's getting executed. Ooh boy. I love watching these things. What fun. NO- DON'T CUT THE INTERNATIONAL FEED! I guess I'll have to switch to my private feed through the camera hidden in the helmet of that Secret Police officer. Oh boy, that's awesome. What fun. I'm just mad I didn't see this execution in person. But seriously, what an idiot.

2. BLUE CROSS ISLAND

Time to switch back to the international feed. The Secret Police have left the building. McDoug says I can't deny the effect the music's having. Well, I think I can. This was completely uninspiring. But wait, what is this? A piano and trombone solo? Well, that's at least vaguely exciting. Next!

3. NEW KOLN

What in my name is this? This is junk. Maria would be executed for embarrassing her country if she lived here. So would her family. It's a shame she doesn't. That performance was atrocious. I very much want her dead. Too bad the secret police already left. I could have them do the deed.

4. LYONSLAND

Finally, something halfway decent. Well, more like all the way decent. And pointing to the blood from the execution was a nice touch, I think. Definitely the best so far other than our own, not that that's saying much. Ooh, what special effects. She's flying! But only through that flying thing that only I know the name for, because I am God and know everything. It's called a "flying thing." I know, when I invented language I was very uncreative. So sue me. I'll just smite you. But wait, fireworks and confetti! This has been an amazing performance! Definitely in my top 10, let's see the rest though!

5. LYMANTATIA

Reserved

6. DUTZENDERLAND

Reserved

7. LUZIYCA

Isn't this my favorite nation from last time? Yep. It's Luziyca. Well they should be called Winiyca, because I thought they should have won last time. Can they top that amazing performance? Well, this wasn't quite as good as last time, but it was still pretty darn good. I like it. Lyonsland was better.

8. MISTER X

What a performance. And lots of animals. Oh no, that duck fell off the end of the stage. Is he ok? I guess he is, since he's pecking that Polkopian's feet. But wait, this man's name means "Son of God" in some heathen language? Well, the world is full of my children. I made every man, woman, child, and sapient pony in this glorious multiverse, so I suppose they are all my children. Even that pesky duck that is still pecking away at that poor man's foot. What's that? He made a face at the duck to try to scare him off? If this were Gregoryisgodistan, he would surely pay for his misdeeds. That's in the 16th verse. It's a shame our singer couldn't get that far without committing a capital crime. What's this? More quacking? Coal? Big words? MORE animals? A train? An owl? Some guy claiming to be my son, knowing perfectly well everyone in this multiverse is my child? He cut ties with this nation? There's nothing to be afraid of, little boy. All men are my sons, and all women are my daughters. I'll have to send him a note asking him to reestablish relations. Slave 91ZNNA183A, remind me after this show to send this guy a note. Wait, why did I write that down? I should probably say it out loud, shouldn't I? Well, this was definitely my favorite so far.

9. RUSSADONIA

Seriously? The national anthem? You couldn't have written a song for this contest? The performance was nice, but they need a better song. I don't get it. We could have sung "Gregory, Gregory, Lord Almighty" but that would be incredibly boring. Don't do it. Just don't. Oh wait, there's more? I shouldn't have picked that moment to go to the bathroom. Time to use my DVR. I kind of like it.... We'll see the others first.

10. KALOSIA

Catsuits? Sweet mother of me! Funky dance moves. But the song is all about prostitutes. Prostitution is illegal in Gregoryisgodistan with the exception of sex slaves. And they're all singing about it. Ah, my beautiful ears. What have these ladies done?

11. Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic

Sorry I didn't write that in all caps. I had to copy/paste since the name is such a mouthful. Seriosuly? Aren't there character limits on these things? Medamnit, why in my name aren't there? She asks me what I say. I say that was rather meh. Are you happy? Well, that didn't make me happy. Stop singing only about how you're happy. Specific is terrific.

12. COMMUNIST QUINNTOPIA

Ah, the hosts of the last competition. That was pretty good. I rather liked it, especially the part in some other language. But the international feed needed subtitles. I should have the non-subtitling fiend executed. But the secret police are long gone, so he shall live.

13. KISHRAEL

That was good, but not great. It's all about what that singer loves, but she doesn't mention me anywhere. But she is a great singer and the tune is catchy. And what a performance! It will make my top 10, probably.

14. CATA LARGA

For newcomers, that was pretty good. But the duet was confusing. I like it better when it's only one singer. There's only one god, so there should only be one singer. It's only logical. Still, that probably won't be enough to bump it out of my top 10.

15. LANOS

Reserved

16. BLOODBATH GENERATION

That's a great name for a nation. I'm sure they regularly execute people just like we do. If not, I'll have to send the Misnomer Police to invade that country. And drums! I like drums! She lost her soul? Then why don't I have it? That's what happens to lost souls, God me gets them. It was still pretty good, borderline top 10.

17. POLKOPIA

Our current hosts. I should send their custodians union a thank you note for cleaning up all that blood a couple hours ago. They really did a nice job. Maybe I should kidnap them and force them to clean this mansion. But let's watch the performance now. Ice skaters. That reminds me I need to do my Olympic figure skating training session with my kidnapped wife Cleffie Martinez after this. How did I get by without her? I know she genuinely loves me now, not to mention being God's wife has its perks. But did she love me when I kidnapped her? I'm not sure. Did she love me when I forced her to play tennis in the Summer Olympics? Yes, I think she loved me by then, but she wasn't happy about making the trip. She did very poorly, but I love her just the same. She's my little Cleffie. I named her myself. She used to be Chef PA18AHSA. But I digress. Let's talk about this ice skating performance. I don't want to let this performance go. I like it so much. Top two or three so far, it's close to Lyonsland, but Mister X has it beat.

18. LACTATIA

What is this? What in my name is this? Wow, that's interesting. But it's clever. I like it. It's too obscene for commoners to hear; I'd have to execute them to preserve their innocence. But I rather like it. Mister X was still the best, but this gets second place so far. Keep singing like this, but not to innocent commoners. It's fun!

19. ZWANGZUNG

Huh? Boring. So incredibly boring. It put me to sleep. It's just people singing while dancing in circles. I could get slaves to do that any day. Next!

20. TÖDLICHEBUJOKU

How sweet, a love song. But all too common. But the pinwheeling background was interesting. It's borderline top 10, but even if it gets points, it will likely be no more than one or two.

21. NEKONI

Reserved
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

New Warwick
Envoy

Founded: Jun 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Warwick » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:57 am

22. New Warwick

Song: Leave
Artist: Helen Mirno
Tune: Ellie Goulding - Burn

Helen lies on her back on the circular arm of the stage, looking directly up into the camera as the music starts. She stands up on the last line.

You, told me we were gonna be different (different)
Cos you said you, you had never felt anything like this (like this)
Now you're tryna tell me you wanna leave, wanna leave
Think again - you can't retreat oh so easily, easily

She walks towards the center of the stage, landing and turning to face the audience as she sings "but you know love's no game."

Cos you know things are good, we've been happy and safe
And I know things can change, it ain't easy to stay
But you know love's no game, you can't quit when it's tough
Can't just up and run, run, run
It's about the trust, trust, trust

The lights in the arena, which had previously been a rather plain, yet flattering, neutral tone, erupt in bright white flashes around the edges of the stage, with red and yellow washes fading in and out, and an abstract red and yellow design slowly moves in the wall.

I'm not gonna let you leave, leave, leave, leave
I'm telling you to man up, face this
Baby don't you love, love, love, me?
Ain't gonna let you leave, leave, leave, leave

The lights return to normal. Helen gets braver and stronger with this verse, a confident, optimistic smile on her face. Showers of sparks fall from the circular light rigs.

Now we rule the world, yeah, there is nothing in our way (our our-our-our way)
And we are free, we're doing everything we ever wanted to do, and doing it how we want it
It's coming true, we're getting real, we braved the burns, to come out like saints
And it's all so real, I reach and touch, so you gotta know, to stay with me (stay with me)

She reaches towards the camera and audience, holding that pose for the pre-chorus. The red and yellow pattern emerges again, this time spreading to the lights under the lip of the stage as well. The sparks fall in waves, growing in intensity and then decreasing over counts of four.

She regains the confident, hopeful smile as she sings to different places in the audience bank. She takes a few steps forward on the stage so she is right on the edge of it. At the end of this verse, all lighting special effects turn off, and the light only shines from above and slightly to the front of her.

She leans into this verse, becoming insistent yet remaining cheerful. She sits on the edge of the stage after the first set of "leave."

Not gonna let you leave, leave, leave, leave (leave leave)

Leave, leave, leave, leave (leave leave)

She looks directly into the camera, luring the viewer in, pleading for you to have an honest conversation with her. It is attention-grabbing in a true way. She jumps up when the drums kick back in and begins to move her body slowly. She takes a few steps back.

You don't want to le-e-eave
You're just afraid of fa-alling
You'll never get eno-o-ough
If you won't even try-y-y
You don't want to le-e-eave
You're just afraid of fa-alling
You'll never get eno-o-ough
If you won't even try-y-y

She smiles coyly as she takes this verse to prepare for the energy and emotion of the remainder of the song.

The red and yellow pattern is back, more vibrant than ever. Towers of sparks erupt around the edges of the stage on the downbeat. She is more confident, insistent, and joyful than ever.

The towers of sparks give way to showers once again. She makes her way back to the circular arm. She arrives on "can't just up and..."

I'm not gonna let you leave

She smiles with earnest happiness, knowing she has just conquered the world.

Thank you Polkopia! Thank you everyone! Stay strong in love!
WV23: Underwater, by Rosaline - 18th (44p)
WV24: Nostalgia, by Annika X - 6th (77p)
WV25: Oh Tomorrow (Brand New Lover), by Cynthanie Waldon - 18th (38p)
WV26: At the Partyhouse, by Glass Grenades - 25th (38p)
WV27: Nothing In It, by Lavinia - 20th (56p)
WV28: Into the Fire, by Demelze Brook - 12th (70p)
WV29: Under the Moonlight, by Corey Barton - 4th (109p)
WV30: Leave, by Helen Mirno - 6th (80p)

WHF9: Love, by Carla Rourke - 16th (8p)
WHF10: Stay With You, by Femme Vitale - 21st (4p)
WHF11: All My Life, by Black Daisy - 9th (17p)
WHF12: Nothing Like You, by Natural - 14th (7p)
WHF13: Leave, by Helen Mirno - 3rd (36p)

Hafamarimyht
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 16, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Hafamarimyht » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:02 am

23. HAFAMARIMËT

SONG: Rändso Pnuga
ARTIST: Enej Knaonekta
TRANSLATION: My Broken Heart
TUNE: Straight Into Love, by Hannah Mancini

Ybynd e vamm fra oi mäjat (I fell apart when you left)
Mućad venejdu (Lost into fire)

E hud fyc okej, oi sähat silër (I wasn't okay, you meant so much)
E mućad ym (I lost it all)

Ni sa begafer, dryd rinć sa mufan (Run me through with a pike, it would hurt me less)
Un nadin sadu (Or come back to me)

Sutumasavun e dveć putasa (I twist my body for condolence)
Lusvund hud ec vüjt (I can't get comfortable)

Rändso pnuga ec syta crynći, ej (My broken heart is made of shards, oh)
Ët fra ed päć, jejćso suna ynasida (And every time it beats it cuts my veins a little more)
Rändso pnuga ec ypuspsnydan, ej (My broken heart is a bombed-out crater, oh)
Ët fra ed päć, ćuga vnacr pemufćüjd (And every time it beats it smolders anew)

Drfetufu drana ec yvnuć knau (There's a grey frost on the window)
E hud caa drnüjk (I can't see through it)

Drfumt kneć rymdu, hudrek lësuja (The world grinds to a halt, nothing can move)
Ela lujanć ym (Ice covers everything)

Rändso pnuga ec syta crynći, ej (My broken heart is made of shards, oh)
Ët fra ed päć, jejćso suna ynasida (And every time it beats it cuts my veins a little more)
Rändso pnuga ec nejan pinćek pëkće ujan, ujan (My broken heart is a river bursting its banks)
Rändso pnuga, ej (My broken heart, oh)

E drüjd e gaf bje ym ypüjd (I thought I knew all about pain)
Pyd e hudbnabynat drycvun (But I was completely unprepared for this)

Drhekrde suoda cläść (In the night a coyote screams)
Palusa uha cüjtfer (I become one with that lonely sound)

Rändso pnuga, ej (My broken heart, oh)
Rändso pnuga (My broken heart)
Rändso pnuga (My broken heart)
WV19: 23rd (27pts)
WV24: 34th (9pts)
WV26: 34th (28 pts)
WV27: 31st (27 pts)
WV28: 28th (21 pts)
WV30: 18th (39 pts)
WV34: DQ
WV82: 24th (18 pts)
WV86: 21st (99pts)
WV87: 9th (160pts)
WV88: 19th (121pts)
WV90: 26th (81pts)
WV91: 15th (117pts)
WV96: 17th (134pts)
WV99: 11th (158pts)
WV100: 16th in SF/DNQ
WV109: 18th (71pts)
WV110: 8th (156pts)
WV111: 7th (196pts)
WV112: 8th (146pts)

WHF5: 8th (16pts)
WHF11: 22nd (3pts)
WHF13: 24th (5pts)
WHF56: 20th (6pts)
WHF57: 8th (18pts)
WHF59: 10th (13pts)
WHF73: 2nd (22pts)

Communist Quinntopia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Quinntopia » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:58 am

redacted
Last edited by Communist Quinntopia on Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kofeiya
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kofeiya » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:38 pm

24. Kofeiya
Jua Ndege
Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Messiahs

Jua Ndege goes with a simple design. He is dressed like a cowboy, and brings a bucket and a banjo. He brings a cigarette, and lights it, and saying in his heavy accent, "I am gonna tell ya this story. Please light yer cigarettes or cigars or pipes, cuz it will add a misty haze that will add to the effects." He then sits down on the bucket, cigar in mouth and starts playing the song.

Messiahs ain't easy to love and they're harder to hold.
They'd rather give you a gospel than loyalty or order.
The old cross-belt buckles and old faded togas,
And each night begins a new day.
If you don't understand him, and he don't die young,
He'll probably just go on a pilgrimage.

As the smoke from the cigars start floating, the screen shows scenes of a typical Kofeiyan service (if it were silent, you could hear the Swahili prayers), while we see him smile with the cigarette. He takes it out, and smoke with the consistency of cigarette smoke starts to be filled from the smoke machines.

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be messiahs.
Don't let 'em head to Jerusalem or climb up thy cross.
Let 'em be doctors and cowboys and such.
Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be messiahs.
'Cos they'll never stay home and they're always alone.
Even with their own patron saints.

The smoke now covers much of the stage, but staying clear of him. Some coughs are heard in the audience, but Ndege is ignoring them. He lights another cigarette and smokes it while he plays the next one.

Messiahs like old smokey temples and clear mountain mornings,
Saints of days of yore and children and invalids of the ages.
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do,
Sometimes won't know how to take him.
He ain't wrong, he's just different but his holiness won't let him,
Do things to make you think he's right.

By now, the screen changes to a re-enactment at a school of the Passion of Jesus Christ. More coughing can be heard, and the sprinklers are starting to go on.

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be messiahs.
Don't let 'em head to Jerusalem or climb up thy cross.
Let 'em be doctors and cowboys and such.
Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be messiahs.
'Cos they'll never stay home and they're always alone.
Even with their own patron saints.

Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be messiahs...

At the end, he stands up, flips the bucket upside down, puts his discarded cigarettes in there, and says, "THANK YOU RESTNOV!" before proceeding to leave.

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:49 pm

And commentary continues on MRX TWO...

Welcome back to WorldVision 30 for more Xian commentary. Next up, it's Zwangzug.

19 ZWANGZUG

Please no. Not more rock. At least this isn't 1,012,102 beats per minute. It's OK to middling, but I don't want to hear another rock entry this evening. To waste one T-mark and vote for it, dial 9 12 12 19 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 19 from a landline.

20 TODLICHEBUJOKU

A second WorldVision and I still can't pronounce this country's name. Needs a better bass line, in my opinion - very treble-heavy. And as I have a pet hate for DubStep, I may have come to the wrong competition, but it's not bad! Might scrape a point of two. Could see it getting top 10. Calls cost one T-mark. To vote for Tod... Todli... thingy, dial 9 12 12 20 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 20 from a landline.

What are you saying, Mister X?

Todd Carty Tribute Act wrote:The best thing about it was when that Xian duck fell off the stage.

WE1 wrote:Lactatia: quid? perinde quid?

Cerberus wrote:Cata Larga Mister Xque amo.

Back to the contest.

21 NEKONI

22 NEW WARWICK

Oh. A bit disappointing from New Warwick. Not a good song, just average, again. if you wish to spend one T-mark pointlessly to help the Xian telecoms industry, dial 9 12 12 22 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 22 from a landline. As a bonus, your call will also count as a vote for New Warwick!

23 HAFAMARIMËT

Not quite sure what to think about that. The tune's terrible (DUBSTEP ALERT! LONG, HOWLING NOTE(S) ALERT!) - and the lyrics don't make any sense: "I twist my body for condolence." Huh? Dial 9 12 12 23 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 23 from a landline to vote for this, if you have taken leave of your senses. Calls do cost one T-mark, though. Bit pricey. And it needed a few dancing men on the stage. Just me?

24 KOFEIYA

Redefining wishy-washy. Was once the name of a laundry. Then it was the best description of Communism. Now it's this. If you have become brainwashed by this drivel, call 9 12 12 24 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 24 from a landline: calls cost one T-mark.

We're back with more in a few minutes on this XT WorldVision 30 on MRX ONE and MRX TWO.
Last edited by Mister X on Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Alsacie
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alsacie » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:57 pm

25.Alsacie
Oviclui - Hanskraut
Tune : Stromae - tous les memes

Ludovic Esmel ( Oviclui ) is a bilingual singer born in Katerinstadt in 1987. He participated in Alsacien Sucht Den SuperStar in 2009. He's the runner-up. His first album "Je parle Deutsch" was released in 2010, and the first track, "Je vote contre" was a hit in Alsacie. His strength comes from the fact that he don't like the differences between the Francophones and the Germanophones. The last year, he released his second album "Différenz" . This track was originally planned to be on "Différenz".

"Hanskraut" is a common insult said by the Alsacianian Francophones to the Alsacianian Germanophones, and "Rossignol" is the contrary. Just for your knowledge.

Oviclui was dressed as a traditional germanophone dancer.

Hanskraut, c'est vos paroles,
Quel bémol !
Hanskraut, franchissez le col,
Sales rossignols !

Hanskraut, pas d'insultes,
Pour éviter d'en faire un culte,
Hanskraut dans Heute, inculte,
Hop, catapulte !

Je te traite,
Tu me traites,
Il, elle, on me traite !
Nous vous traitons,
Vous nous traitez,
Avec ca pas de traité !

Hanskraut, c'est ce que tu me dis,
Ca se trouve t'assures même pas au lit,
Nous hanskrauts, on vous dit,
Que vous rossignols, provoquez l'it !

Dis au revoir à tes noms de villes,
Et même à tes noms d'îles,
Même ta reine de Bellile,
Ca sera un rossignol volatile !

Quoique si tu veux garder ton pays,
Alors, mauviette, agis !
Tu ne sais même pas ce qu'on va faire d'Alsacie,
Une vraie Hanskrautie !

Je te traite,
Tu me traites,
Il, elle, on me traite !
Nous vous traitons,
Vous nous traitez,
Avec ca pas de traité !

Plot twist : Oviclui cut off his jacket with a Swiss Knife Army. Then a French flag sweat appears. This means he taks now as the Francophone.

On vous traite d'Hanskraut, et alors ?
Et rossignol, c'est un décor ?
Non non non, monsignor !
Alors Hanskraut, va dehors !

Tu sais, c'est pas avec ça
Que tu me rabaissera
Ah oui, pour les villes, tu gloussa.
Mais les rossignols ne te laisseront pas !

Quand l'Alsacie sera dans le chaos,
Personne ne sera le héros,
Mais a cause de ton ratio,
L'Alsacie va prendre l'eau !

Tuero !
*Le chaos*
Nuero !
*Le héros*
Luero !
*Ton ratio*
Dégage, oh !
*Prendre l'eau*

Je te traite,
Tu me traites,
Il, elle, on me traite !
Nous vous traitons,
Vous nous traitez,
Avec ca pas de traité !

*music*

Hanskraut !
Rossignol !
Hanskraut !
Pas de traité !
Rossignol !
Hanskraut !
Rossignol !
P'têt un traité !
Hanskraut !
Rossignol !
Hanskraut !
Oui un traité !
Hanzignol !
Hanzignol !
Hanzignol !...
...Différenz !

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:06 am

26. Reserved for KINGFORDIAN ENTRY
Kingfordian Republic of Kingsley Bedford
WA Delegate and head of diplomacy in Democratic Republics
Co-owner of Kiphtur Multinational
Co-President of United Democratic Party

http://kiphturmultinational.forumotion.com/index.htm < storefront
Federation of Democratic Republics <-- Join our region!

Communist Quinntopia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Quinntopia » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:21 am

redacted
Last edited by Communist Quinntopia on Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fusha Me-Bar
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fusha Me-Bar » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:38 pm

27. Fushë Me-Bar
Na - Can She Do This?

Language(s):English
To the Tune Of - Neon Jungle - Braveheart

Riva | Nessa | Sara

The Fusha Me-Barian selection process was never simple, acts were chopped and change on the basis of convenience. Na, the popular girl group in Fusha Me-Bar had originally been selected, then swapped for Leija Shota, but then reinstated once again, after they 'upped' their song. The new song, a floor stomper called 'Can She Do This?' has been a major chart hit in Fusha Me-Bar and Kishrael, charting at number one in both countries, and it remains number one in Fusha Me-Bar at this moment. This song, seen as a revival for the group has been tipped to do well, due to the popularity of the dance song scene in WorldVision. It's particularly risqué lyrics are a big departure from the sugar-coated pop that the group had previously been known for. Perhaps Na can score a good result in WorldVision for once.

The stage is dark as the girls begin, and as the music starts to play, dark reds flash through the stage, pulsating and shimmering before fading. Each pulse is to the beat of the music. The girls are wearing leather jumpsuits, with glaringly obviously different eye make-up, so each can be distinguished even more clearly to one another.

So you think that she’s the one?
And you think that I am done?
Boy I’m not gonna’ just give in, because like me there is none…

You know I think I’m just your type
I’m the type that I think you like
And I know that I won’t give in, because like me there is none…

Ness and Sara weave aside as Riva comes to the forefront, looking either side and shrugging as she starts to sing her parts. As the beat picks up, the girls start moving individually to it, giving the performance a colloquial dynamic and encouraging the crowd to do the same.

I don’t think she moves it, like me, dancing
I know she can’t do this, like me, enchanting

Can she? Can she please you well when you’re needing it the utmost
Can she? Can she love you best when you’re desiring someone close

Can, she, love, like me?

As the beat drops, they too drop lower, their dancing being done with legs bent, and bending lower when necessary. Still maintaining the colloquial aura about them, they move slowly closer to the crowd.

Because when I look at you, I think of things I shouldn’t do
And it’s more than lust I’m feeling, you know I think that you’re the one

As the beat becomes more like that of a house song again, they canter/hop/dance down the stairs, right by the crowd, interacting with them, touching hands, etc.

I don’t think she motions, like me, tasting
I know she won’t do that, like me, I will do

Can she make you groan, can she make you when the beat drops?
Can she make you moan, can she make you when the beat drops?

As the music becomes more wild, the girls split up and bounce around the stage in different directions. They lift their free hands up gesticulating to the crowd.

Can, she, love, like me?

As the song finishes they take a bow, before shouting "Thank you Restnov!" before jogging off the stage.

Crolacia
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Crolacia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:01 pm

28. Crolacia
Ingeborg Anderssen
Explode
To the melody of Parachute, by Cheryl Cole

Inge waited for her turn to shine in Polkopia. She loved the country, especially because she visited it 2 times before. The atmposphere of Crolacian delegation was excellent, everyone was loud and happy. They were also hoping Inge would do a good job performing. Inge stepped onto the stage as the Crolacian postcard was showing itself to the audience. No lights were on, except the ones highlighting Inge and a man next to her. The floor was made of big tiles, symbolizing glory and fame.
Rain is falling
I can only see below myself
Eyebrows soaking
Shadows coming
I don't see a thing
Burning trees
Falling leaves
The garden's full of mist
It's crying out your name, loud

The whole stage is set as a perfromance in a theatre, with Ingeborg and the man starting to dance. They dance agressively and are fighting while dancing. Other dancers, wearing masks on their faces, start to dance around them, symbolizing fake friends and two-sided people. Most of the lights turn up so the feeling for the audience is like they are in a real theatre.
Act's been done
The bloody knife is on the cold floor
I see Satan
Telling me I've done a fine job
Can't be happening
All for nothing
It's gonna take me down
I need to act again

Inge sings the refrain stronger as the dancer wraps around her. They slowly get down on the floor, symbolizing sinking of their relationship. Other dancer leave the stage for a second and come again, with changes masks. The masks are now showing happy and evil faces, full of hate and jealousy. They gather around the couple and start laughing as Inge becomes sadder, as her 'friends' let her down.
Baby it's vibrating
The Earth itself is shaking
They've come to kill us
But we'll be in depths of hell
You're gonna see me
You're gonna see me explode
Now
Now
Now

Baby it's vibrating
They've come to kill us
You're gonna see me
Now
Now
Now

Blood is bursting
From the heart which tore us all apart
Blue venes showing
There is no other way to die
It's so painfully
But so peacefully
Colliding all the stress
And dying nerve cells
They're now free

Baby it's vibrating
They've come to kill us
You're gonna see me
Now
Now
Now

Baby it's vibrating
They've come to kill us
You're gonna see me
Now
Now
Now

I can't turn around now
I can't close my eyes
I can't turn around now
I can't close my eyes
Soul rising to the sky
It's the Light
Soul rising to the sky
It's the Light

I can't turn around now
I can't close my eyes
I can't turn around now
I can't close my eyes
Soul rising to the sky
It's the Light
Soul rising to the sky
It's the Light

Baby it's vibrating
They've come to kill us
You're gonna see me
Now
Now
Now

Baby it's vibrating
They've come to kill us
You're gonna see me
Now
Now
Now

OOC: Yes, I didn't even have the time to finish the song, but I'll do it tommorow ;)
Last edited by Crolacia on Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:08 pm

The lights go completely dark now, as the Crolacian representatives leave the stage. The audience is silent except for a few loud cheers here and there by individuals supporting various artists. Suddenly, the anthem of Gregoryisgodistan is played, and a long, vertical Gregoryisgodistani flag is slowly rolled down at the very left side of the stage. Lights illuminate the perimeter of the flag, until it is fully rolled out, where a voice sounds over the intercom and over the anthem.

"Song number one, Gregoryisgodistan."

After fifteen seconds, the anthem is silenced, and the flag is completely rolled out. Next, the flag from Blue Cross Island is rolled out over a time frame of fifteen seconds and the same process continues, on and on until the Crolacian flag is rolled out at the far right side of the stage and the Crolacian anthem is silenced. Afterwards, the lights around the stage floor is lit up, and the hosts, Roman and Anna, appear, wearing the same clothes as before.

Roman: "Ladies and Gentlemen, you have just heard all twenty eight entries of this edition of the Worldvision Song Contest!
*The audience booms with applause*
Anna: Wow, I love hearing the excitement of the crowd! Anyway, before we continue with the voting, we want you to tune into the flags up above us. Each flag is surrounded by dozens of small lights that can turn any color, from blue, to orange, to chartreuse, and anything in between!
Roman: Yes, that is correct. Now, when voting starts, each flag's lights will completely dim out until they are awarded points. Any country that is awarded points from one to seven will be lit up with the traditional white lights.
Anna: And the country that is awarded eight points will be lit up in bronze-colored lights, ten points will be lit up in silver-colored lights, and twelve points will be lit up in gold lights.
Roman: Of course, the full voting results will always be displayed on the main screen as well.
Anna: Remember, you cannot vote for your own country!
Roman: And with that... Anna will you join me?
Roman and Anna: Let the voting begin!

Voting Rules
Please list your votes in order from 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1, with 12 points going to your favorite entry, ten points for your second favorite entry, and so on until you have awarded all your points. With that, let the voting begin!
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:22 pm

RTVK Commentary for the 30th WorldVision Song Contest

Good evening Kalosia, you are now watching the 30th WorldVision Song Contest live in Restnov, Polkopia! I am Karl Brunn, your commentator for tonight. Some of you might’ve seen me commentating sports matches but it seems I’ll be doing something a little different than what I usually do.
As you probably know already, the usual commentator Naomi Dionnë is on maternity leave and is expecting a beautiful baby boy next week. We wish the best to her and her family.
Anyway, the woman you see on the stage is Irena Perkav, a Polkopian musician. While I do not recall her being involved in any past WorldVisions, it appears she has been chosen to perform the opening act for tonight. It’s not just her though. Stay tuned.

OPENING ACT: YOUR OWN MUSIC

That was great. The guy was Markus Isov, a Polkopian comedian.

HOST INTERVENTION

The show has begun! First up is Gregoryisgodistan. Some of you might’ve heard of the human rights abuses and other things the state has done. As a result, this song is political, just like their last attempt.

01 GREGORIYISGODISTAN

Transmission is cut after the execution is announced, the screen displays the WV30 logo for a few moments before breaking news begins and a reporter explains the situation. The reporter also ensures that broadcasting will resume once the situation is over and that the official WorldVision website still has an uninterrupted livestream. The commentator is then connected to the studio and describes the situation (live). Once it ends, normal transmission is returned.

Alright, I hope you all are still there. Things should be just fine now. The next entry is from Blue Cross Island, a debuting nation.

02 BLUE CROSS ISLAND

It’s a quite promising debut, although not a strong entry in the contest itself. I wouldn’t say it’s bad for a first-timer. The next song is from another debuting nation, New Koln.

03 NEW KOLN

Completing the early trio of debuting entries is Lyonsland. There are probably some more debutants later on, but up to this point, I think this would be the best one so far. Let’s take a listen.

04 LYONSLAND

I love how she just points to the remnants of blood from the first entry. That, viewers, is improvisation. As we haven’t heard any of the regulars or favourites yet, I wouldn’t think this would score that high, but would nevertheless be a great debut. Top half, I think.
Breaking the row of debutants is Lymantatia. Despite being a regular, they still haven’t learned from their previous participations. Still, it appears they’re not aiming for first place, but rather just showcasing what Lymantatian music tastes like.

05 LYMANTATIA

They try to sound deep and meaningful but I doubt anyone actually thinks so. Maybe the music will cover the not-so-enjoyable lyrics. Next is a country having similar musical taste with Lymantatia, that is Dutzenderland.

06 DUTZENDERLAND

Apparently the Lymantatians know better. Both of the performances feature the colours red and gold in one way or another, though. We continue with Luziyca.

07 LUZIYCA

A decent entry which will probably finish at the middle of the scoreboard.

08 MISTER X

That was unusually pleasant. Cheesy, yeah, but somewhat interesting. I don’t think many of you agree with me, but you can’t please everyone, y’know. Next up is Russadonia!

09 RUSSADONIA

Our first metal entry of the night, it was quite interesting. If it performed 2nd tonight it’d create quite an interesting contrast to the entry before it… anyway next is our entry La Sitriana by the Dicktators! You’ve heard about this already. Let’s wish good luck to our girls and hope we end up well.

10 KALOSIA

Well done! Remember, you can’t vote for them, but what you can do is tell your overseas friends and relatives to vote for them. We’ll see later on what the other nations think of them so stay tuned. We’ll now continue to the other entries which you can vote for.
Next up is the Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic. They intended to participate last time but were disqualified on the grounds of plagiarism. They’ve acted upon this and have prevented future entries from being plagiarisms.

11 ALINGHI FEDERAL-DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC

For a first original attempt, the music’s not bad, but maybe everyone else could go through a course on How to Do WorldVision And Succeed. Still, it’s only their second or first participation depending on how you see it, and hopefully they’ll learn along the way.
Next is Communist Quinntopia, host of the previous edition.

12 COMMUNIST QUINNTOPIA

That was quite a powerful entry, I think it actually have the potential to do good, even win. After that regular comes what would probably be the fan favourite - Kishrael. I’ll let them manage it from here.

13 KISHRAEL

Yet another great entry from Kishrael. Will they win again? We’ll just have to see. Next is yet another debutant, Cata Larga, and it’s a duet.

14 CATA LARGA

Oh my god, did they just get engaged? Anyway, the entry itself wasn’t particularly amazing, but the music is very… flamboyant. It sounds like it was from the 80s or something. Next is Lanos, and if I recall correctly their entries are quite political.

15 LANOS

Hey, that wasn’t political. Not that I think. Well, at least until the part on DANAE. Like, have you ever hated someone so much you wrote a song in protest.
And next is yet another regular, Bloodbath Generation. They keep submitting host bids but haven’t succeeded yet. Will we finally be there next contest?

16 BLOODBATH GENERATION

If our population had a lot of hipsters, we might vote for them. Next are the hosts, Polkopia.

17 POLKOPIA

Ice skaters, really? A way to enhance a mediocre entry, sure. They’ll probably get a few more votes due to host advantage anyway. Next is… Lactatia. I don’t have a good feeling about this.

18 LACTATIA

Uhm okay. The music sounds familiar, but the lyrics… well if you really wanna vote for it, go ahead, I won’t stop you.
Next is the only country to have participated in all editions of the Worldvision Song Contest so far.

19 ZWANGZUG

That was… interesting. Though I don’t think country music is common at Worldvision. We have… this country performing next, and I find their name hard to pronounce. I’ve learned how to say Euskirribakondara but… not this.

20 TÖDLICHEBUJOKU

It was a great entry actually. Next is Nekoni, a country I remember, but apparently they weren’t here last edition.

21 NEKONI

If you’re into parties and masquerades, that might be the right song for you. The next song, from New Warwick, won an online poll on the official RTVK website, which means we might be giving our 12 points to them. Will we?

22 NEW WARWICK

I think it indeed deserves our 12 points. The song was well-performed. Next it seems we have another upbeat entry, and it is the Hafamari song.

23 HAFAMARIMËT

It lacked a performance, but the song was okay. Next is Kofeiya with a song about messiahs.

24 KOFEIYA

I found it quite humorous, despite the theme of religion. And now we have a debuting nation which will address the different cultures in their nation.

25 ALSACIE

It was quite unique. The original 26th entrant was to be Kinglsey Bedford, but it appears they have withdrawn. So we will skip to the 27th song, from Fushë Me-Bar.

27 FUSHË ME-BAR

The bass was well dropped, and I think these girls might just do well, though the lyrics don’t really match with the fact that they’re a group. Last but not least is Crolacia, and then you can start voting.

28 CROLACIA

The lyrics were scary. Enough said. You’ve listened to all 28 entries of the 30th Worldvision Song Contest, and soon you can start voting.
Last edited by Kalosia on Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lymantatia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lymantatia » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:03 pm

Joseph: After a billion voted, the votes are in!
Helene: They are as follows:
1 point to Crolacia
2 points to Communist Quinntopia
3 points to Kalosia
4 points to New Warwick
5 points to Blue Cross
6 points to Polkopia
7 points to Zwangzug
8 points or the bronze goes to Kishrael
10 points or the silver goes to Dutzenderland
12 points or the gold goes to Lactatia
Baptism of Fire 44 Round of 16, de facto retired.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:07 pm

12 - Kofeiya
10 - Crolacia
8 - Bloodbath Generation
7 - Kalosia
6 - Polkopia
5 - Kishrael
4 - Zwangzug
3 - Lactatia
2 - Todlichebujoku
1 - Lanos
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Dutzenderland
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dutzenderland » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:24 pm

ダッツェンダランド議決(DUTZENDERLAND'S VOTING)
I am voice actress Mao Sugiki. I was born in 1983 and I usually voice Germanic language-like characters. I will announce the votes now.
One point -> Communist Quinntopia
Two points -> Kalosia
Three points -> Polkopia
Four points -> Luziyca
Five points -> Lactatia
Six points -> Tödlichebujoku
Seven points -> New Warwick
Eight points -> Blue Cross
Ten points -> Lymantatia
Twelve points -> Zwangzug

おやすみなさい!(Good night!)

PreviousNext