NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High: Prometheus Rising (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Scamvidia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Scamvidia » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:46 pm

Terintania wrote:
Castilia wrote:So how should I introduce my character? Anything specific I'm supposed to do?

You could have then arrive at the school by shuttle. That's how most people start.

Are characters allowed to dorm together?
Mirakai is my new senpai.
Steam
Kik: Hideyoshi_Kinoshita.

Waifu in flag is Muffet, from Undertale.

Anta baka?

Don't you dare forget I am yandere.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Scamvidia wrote:
Terintania wrote:You could have then arrive at the school by shuttle. That's how most people start.

Are characters allowed to dorm together?

If they're in the same dorm (Hero, Vigilante or Villain), then yes. Two people per room. Probably typically with two people of the same gender.

Why, did you want to room with someone?
Times are looking grim these days~

Scamvidia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Scamvidia » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Terintania wrote:
Scamvidia wrote:Are characters allowed to dorm together?

If they're in the same dorm (Hero, Vigilante or Villain), then yes. Two people per room. Probably typically with two people of the same gender.

Why, did you want to room with someone?

Yep. Assuming its okay with Castilia, I wanted Miranda to room with Katrina
Steam

Anta baka?

Scamvidia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Scamvidia » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:01 pm

Anyway, what should my first post be?
Steam

Anta baka?

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:04 pm

Scamvidia wrote:Anyway, what should my first post be?

Detail the backstory to some extent and have her arrive on the station by shuttle.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Scamvidia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Scamvidia » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:06 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
Scamvidia wrote:Anyway, what should my first post be?

Detail the backstory to some extent and have her arrive on the station by shuttle.

Alright, I'll see what I can do. Where is the school located?
Steam

Anta baka?

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:13 pm

Scamvidia wrote:
Altruistic Paladins wrote:

Alright, I'll see what I can do. Where is the school located?

In space :/

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:16 pm

Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Scamvidia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Scamvidia » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:18 pm

Terintania wrote:
Scamvidia wrote:Alright, I'll see what I can do. Where is the school located?

In space :/

So that's what you meant by shuttle...
Steam

Anta baka?

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Scamvidia wrote:
Terintania wrote:In space :/

So that's what you meant by shuttle...

Yes :P

Scamvidia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Scamvidia » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:23 pm

Terintania wrote:
Scamvidia wrote:So that's what you meant by shuttle...

Yes :P

Alright I'll post in a little bit
Steam

Anta baka?

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:24 pm

Scamvidia wrote:
Terintania wrote:Yes :P

Alright I'll post in a little bit

Alright.

I'd offer to have one of my characters talk to yours, but they're kind of all in the cafeteria, so it might be a bit weird.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:17 pm

After a shitload of procrastination:

Name: Elizabeth Petrovna
Nationality: Russian
Height: 7'0
Weight: 180
Hair: Black
Eyes: Dark blue
Costume (if any): Here.

When she's counseling, she simply wears a casual business suit.
Abilities:
Elizabeth has the power of geokinesis, the ability to manipulate the earth around her in all forms including mud as well as dust particles within the air. Consequentially, she can also manipulate metals by using the minerals within them. However, her powers are significantly reduced if she is not touching the ground or metal. To compensate for this, she carries a metal cane that amplifies her power to control metal or earth that she is not touching (though the strength is still reduced).

She has superhuman strength, though nothing too extreme; the maximum she can lift is four tons. She has super speed and reflexes but again, nothing too extreme. She has also mastered several forms of unarmed martial arts.
Subject: School counselor
Brief Bio: Elizabeth was born in Russia to one of the wealthiest families in the country. She's a descendant of one of Elizabeth of Russia's siblings and is also named after Elizabeth. From a very early age it was discovered that she was gifted in academics, being able to solve trigonometric problems when she was only eight years old. At the age of ten, her family was thrust into poverty after her father was arrested by the government for reasons that she still do not know. For six years, she and her mother was stuck in this poverty with no hope of escaping until they received a glimmer of hope thanks to her academic success.

At 16, she graduated upper secondary education (the equivalent to senior high school in the United States) and received a full scholarship to Moscow State University. At 18, she had already made her name known as one of the university's top students, already receiving a multitude of job offerings from companies of a wide variety of markets. However, one day her mother was bedridden due to an illness. Being an only child and having no other family to turn to, she was forced into an ultimatum: leave school to care for her mother, or hope that she lives long enough for her to graduate and enter the workforce so that she may obtain the necessary healthcare.

That day was the first time Elizabeth went to church. She was desperate and wanted her mother healed by any means necessary. There, she met a nun who listened to her troubles and promised to heal her mother for a price. This was of course, suspicious as hell, but Elizabeth was as I said, desperate. She accepted the assistance and her mother was healed. The price however, was to be forced to serve a specialized subset of the church who for millennia hunted witches using sorcery of their own. From then on, she obtain her current powers and used them to hunt witches while also attending university. After graduating, she found a high paying job and ran away from the church with her mother. She spent several years amassing wealth through said job as well as using her powers to steal from the wealthiest Russian citizens and distributing the money to the poor (putting some aside for herself as well of course). Now that her mother has access to a large sum of wealth and is living comfortably in the United States, Elizabeth has taken on a job at Super Hero High to escape an otherwise boring life.
Last edited by Mavorpen on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:34 pm

Mavorpen wrote:

Abilities:
Elizabeth has the power of geokinesis, the ability to manipulate the earth around her in all forms including mud as well as dust particles within the air. Consequentially, she can also manipulate metals by using the minerals within them. However, her powers are significantly reduced if she is not touching the ground or metal. To compensate for this, she carries a metal cane that amplifies her power to control metal or earth that she is not touching (though the strength is still reduced).

She has superhuman strength, though nothing too extreme; the maximum she can lift is 20 tons. She has super speed and reflexes but again, nothing too extreme. She has also mastered several forms of unarmed martial arts.
Brief Bio: Elizabeth was born in Russia to one of the wealthiest families in the country. She's a descendant of one of Elizabeth of Russia's siblings and is also named after Elizabeth. From a very early age it was discovered that she was gifted in academics, being able to solve trigonometric problems when she was only eight years old. At the age of ten, her family was thrust into poverty after her father was arrested by the government for reasons that she still do not know. For six years, she and her mother was stuck in this poverty with no hope of escaping until they received a glimmer of hope thanks to her academic success.

At 16, she graduated upper secondary education (the equivalent to senior high school in the United States) and received a full scholarship to Moscow State University. At 18, she had already made her name known as one of the university's top students, already receiving a multitude of job offerings from companies of a wide variety of markets. However, one day her mother was bedridden due to an illness. Being an only child and having no other family to turn to, she was forced into an ultimatum: leave school to care for her mother, or hope that she lives long enough for her to graduate and enter the workforce so that she may obtain the necessary healthcare.

That day was the first time Elizabeth went to church. She was desperate and wanted her mother healed by any means necessary. There, she met a nun who listened to her troubles and promised to heal her mother for a price. This was of course, suspicious as hell, but Elizabeth was as I said, desperate. She accepted the assistance and her mother was healed. The price however, was to be forced to serve a specialized subset of the church who for millennia hunted witches using sorcery of their own. From then on, she obtain her current powers and used them to hunt witches while also attending university. After graduating, she found a high paying job and ran away from the church with her mother. She spent several years amassing wealth through said job as well as using her powers to steal from the wealthiest Russian citizens and distributing the money to the poor (putting some aside for herself as well of course). Now that her mother has access to a large sum of wealth and is living comfortably in the United States, Elizabeth has taken on a job at Super Hero High to escape an otherwise boring life.

Interesting character, I like it. One thing though; being able to lift 20 tons might be too much for a secondary power. Somewhere around three to five would be more acceptable to me. Other than that the character is great.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:36 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:

Abilities:

She has superhuman strength, though nothing too extreme; the maximum she can lift is 20 tons. She has super speed and reflexes but again, nothing too extreme. She has also mastered several forms of unarmed martial arts.

Interesting character, I like it. One thing though; being able to lift 20 tons might be too much for a secondary power. Somewhere around three to five would be more acceptable to me. Other than that the character is great.

...Did I seriously put 20? I actually meant 2.

Probably shouldn't have done most of the app during classes today. I'll change it to 4 tons.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Scamvidia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Scamvidia » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:37 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Mighty Asgard wrote:Interesting character, I like it. One thing though; being able to lift 20 tons might be too much for a secondary power. Somewhere around three to five would be more acceptable to me. Other than that the character is great.

...Did I seriously put 20? I actually meant 2.

Probably shouldn't have done most of the app during classes today. I'll change it to 4 tons.

You silly billy
Steam

Anta baka?

Scamvidia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Scamvidia » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:39 pm

Going to attempt making a post now.
Steam

Anta baka?

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:47 pm

So should I make a post of my character reaching the ship on a shuttle?

Scamvidia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Scamvidia » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:52 pm

And I are done. Hope I did everything right XD
Steam

Anta baka?

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:54 pm

Mavorpen wrote:

Abilities:

She has superhuman strength, though nothing too extreme; the maximum she can lift is four tons. She has super speed and reflexes but again, nothing too extreme. She has also mastered several forms of unarmed martial arts.

Accepted.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:51 pm

I'm guessing the answer with either be no, or I won't get an answer, but does anyone want to talk to any of my characters?

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:54 pm

Terintania wrote:I'm guessing the answer with either be no, or I won't get an answer, but does anyone want to talk to any of my characters?

I can do it. I need to make my first post anyway.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:56 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Terintania wrote:I'm guessing the answer with either be no, or I won't get an answer, but does anyone want to talk to any of my characters?

I can do it. I need to make my first post anyway.

Alright. Maybe your character can strike up a conversation with Leroy (Who's in the Staff Room/lounge/whatever it is), or something.

Castilia (Ancient)
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Castilia (Ancient) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:58 pm

So when do we have classes?

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:59 pm

Castilia wrote:So when do we have classes?

Sometime after we figure out who's class is first.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse