NATION

PASSWORD

New York State Senate Power Struggle

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

New York State Senate Power Struggle

Postby Milks Empire » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:48 pm

As some of you might know, the New York State Senate is currently in a gridlock - no bills can be passed, and some very important ones expire in just a hair over six hours.

I have an idea as to how to resolve this crisis, but it's so simplistic that no one in Albany would take it seriously.
Let the parties pick their own internal leadership. For the whole-body leadership positions, we put all senators' names into a hat exactly once and draw lots.

Anyone else have any ideas as to how this gridlock can be overcome?

Colonic Immigration
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: New York State Senate Power Struggle

Postby Colonic Immigration » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:53 pm

Have a duel to the death, last one standing becomes president of New York or something.
RoI
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97
Western Mercenary Unio - Yeah, you kinda make idiocy an art

Haikus are easy,
They don't always make much sense,
Refrigerator

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:55 pm

Colonic Immigration wrote:Have a duel to the death, last one standing becomes president of New York or something.

Senate majority leader, in this case.

Lacadaemon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Lacadaemon » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:12 pm

If only those fucktards in albany could always be this 'effective'. Creepy corrupt parasites the lot of them. New York politics is as bad as Chicago, just doesn't get the press.
The kind of middle-class mentality which actuates both those responsible for strategy and government has little knowledge of the new psychology and organizing ability of the totalitarian States. The forces we are fighting are governed neither by the old strategy nor follow the old tactics.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:13 pm

:palm:

Oh, ya just gotta love partisan political bullshit. Tie up the legislature, prevent them from passing anything, and all because some have an "R" and some have a "D". This particular example is New York, but the other 49 states are not immune to this type of BS either. Are they not aware that they are elected to govern, not bicker endlessly? Or is there an inherent flaw in the genetic makeup of politicians in general?
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:15 pm

Milks Empire wrote: Anyone else have any ideas as to how this gridlock can be overcome?

I kinda like CI's duel suggestion. maybe not the most PC solution around, but effective. And as a side bonus, it would definately cut down on the "dead wood" in the senate. :p
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:17 pm

Grays Harbor wrote::palm:

Oh, ya just gotta love partisan political bullshit. Tie up the legislature, prevent them from passing anything, and all because some have an "R" and some have a "D". This particular example is New York, but the other 49 states are not immune to this type of BS either. Are they not aware that they are elected to govern, not bicker endlessly? Or is there an inherent flaw in the genetic makeup of politicians in general?

I hope I don't have it. Got politicians in the family dating back to the 1500s BC.

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:05 pm

Comaack wrote:Giuliani for GOV!

You mean the guy who screams "9-11" every time he orgasms?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Last edited by Milks Empire on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:24 pm

Grays Harbor wrote::palm:

Democracy and free speech in tandam seem to mean governing and bickering endlessly go hand in hand.

I just wish the Us senate would do this.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:27 pm

A gridlock in politics? surely not sir/madam i was under the impression that politics in New york is the finest money can buy, ahem i mean that it worked.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General