NATION

PASSWORD

Fantasy Dice Rp (OOC/Sign up) CLOSED for now

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Fantasy Dice Rp (OOC/Sign up) CLOSED for now

Postby The Norak Federation » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:11 pm

It is said that history becomes legend as its events recede into the mists of time, and that memories grow dimmer in the slumber of peace. Thus, the noble peoples of Urak languished in a thousand years of peaceful splendor; growing forgetful of the dark time their land once knew, heedless of the ancient enemy who yet labored in silence. So Golgoth, the terrible god of death, beheld that the world that the world was ripe for an era of terror and blood. He summoned Balkoth, the most evil of his sorcerers, and bestowed upon him a mighty artifact of power, that the necromancer might better serve his master in heralding the coming days of darkness. The wings of Balkoth’s wretched steed beat the air like thunder, the land shook beneath the rumor of his mustering host, the air was filled with cries of his victims. Who can say what perils may yet befall as they struggle to defeat the ancient evil, to reunite the land, and to become...
Lords of Magic.

Hello everyone! It is time for a Serious Fantasy Dice Rp! Set in the world of Urak, you shall take control of a character and have an adventure that all great men and women would envy. The catch? None! Like any dice rp, some actions require to be rolled to determine amazing success from utter failure. However, unlike most Dice rp's on Nationstates, this one is a bit more serious, think a bit closer to a D&D game.

The Dice System:
I will use a two D6 system for most actions, going along the lines of this.

2: Utter failure. This is going to hurt...a lot.
3-6: Fail. something bad will happen, but not like an Utter Failure, you didn't complete the action
7-8: Success, though not as well as you would have hoped.
9-11: An average success.
12: Godly Success. You did so well, other good things may happen.

Combat:
Both you and the opponant(s) you are attacking will roll 2 D6. The person with the higher roll wins. The difference affects how much damage is done.
Example: Helt vs. Orc
7 vs. 3
Helt's axe finds it mark in the orc, dealing a large amount of damage, and causing the orc to clutch his side, backing away.

Enhancers and Modifiers:
Good or bad, these things will occur. Modifiers can come from anything, whether it was a magic spell someone had cast earlier to your race or class. That's right, your race and class can be modifiers. You want to be a really tough warrior? Consider being a giant, and you'll get a plus in combat but a negative somewhere else (where i see fit for your character). Understand? But there's more. Your character's bio can actually help me give you more modifiers, good and bad. Say you put in your backstory that you came from Water, but got kidnapped and taken by a tribe of orcs. I'll give you a bonus to possibly water magic, but you will get a negative when facing an orc. Details details details! The more you give, the better! But don't give a page long backstory. Give me one or two paragraphs.

So, lets get to the app!

Name:
Race:
Faith:
Class:
Preferred Weapon:
Bio:
Rp Example:

Below is an explanation of several concepts for the App

Class: You get three options: You can be a mighty warrior, who in combat they beat down the opponant senseless, the cunning rogue, who attack enemies from afar and move quietly and quickly, or the mage, who are able to use powerful magic.

Race: You can be any race you can think up of, save anything dragon and demon related. You want to be an Orc? How about a nasty lizardman? Or maybe the good old Elf or Human might be a good choice. Use your imagination! Your race will affect some bonuses you get. Dwarves may be horrible swimmers, but are incredibly good

Faith: You can choose from any of these Faiths, save for Death, since the Death faith has sworn alligience to Balkoth and none other. Faith will also affect what magic you can use, if you are a mage.
Water: The people of Water are a fierce group of versatile warriors, and are the titans of the waters. However, their healing magic is unparral, save to the Life elves.
Fire: Quick to anger, quick to destroy, the people of Fire are the giants of Urak, literally. Their destructive magic is known throughout Urak.
Earth: Strong, Durable, the dwarves of Earth are known for their armor and weapons. Their magic is known as both destructive and supportive, making them versatile in combat.
Air: Fast, quick to hit, and always hitting hard, the people of air keep the mountains safe from any intruders. Their magic is known to strike without warning, and shrouding their allies from the enemy.
Chaos: Like Fire, the tribes of Chaos are known for their destruction. But their axe weilding warriors are knwon for other traits: Able to survive any climate, tame wild animals for sport and for war, etc. Their magic of calling on wild spirits make them deadly to anyone, whether an enemy or an ally.
Order: Noble, strong, the worshipers of Order know how to fight balanced. Their warriors ride into combat with a passion equaled only by their skill. Order Magic is known to bring courage and strength to the weak, while holding enemy forces back with Arcane spells.
Life: The high elves of Urak, these people keep the forces of Death back with skill, cunning, and luck. Their warriors ride on their lizards into battle and strike down even the mightiest of foes. The best healers come from Life, where it is even rumered that only their magic can reverse Death itself.

A note on spells:
When you app has been accepted, i will post a list of spells that your character knows here on the OOC. The spells will work differently from combat in that the opponant can't dodge it. It all depends on your roll only! Spells will also have other special rules, as i'll show you with an example below.

Entangling Vines (Earth Spell): Can be cast 3 times per day. Roll one 6 sided die. A 4-6 succeeds to entangle the opponant, cauing him or her to be stuck in the ground, unable to move from that spot. From then on, the opponant rolls a 6 sided die, a 5-6 allowing him to escape.

Ok, biggest thing i'm going to ask from you...Details! They said the devil was in the details....well, he isn't, so give me as much as you got! Like i said earlier, they can affect your modifiers, but they can also affect other things as well. So, i'll say it again...Details!

Now, here is an example of an app, to help anyone who doesn't understand anything above.

Name: Helt
Race: Dwarf
Faith: Earth
Class: Warrior
Preferred Weapon: Axe
Bio: Helt grew up a relatively quiet life as a farmer, living in a small town south of the Earth Capitol. However, when word that Balkoth had rose again, he was one of the first dwarves to prepare for war by traveling to the capitol and start training. He quickly rose through the ranks, inspiring his fellow men and dwarves to do better. As a general, Helt marched with a battalion of troops towards the swamps of Death, ready for anything.
Rp Example: The Swords of Amekesh

Now, since Helt is an Earth Dwarven Warrior, he will start with extra life and a bonus in combat, but is slower than the average person, and quite heavy, making him sink in water and vunerable to water spells. Since he was a farmer in the past and hasn't done much exploring, he is not a tracker by no means, but will get a bonus at identifying poisonous plants. As it was noted that he inspired troops in his city, he will be able to 3 times per day inspire his men, giving them a bonus in whatever they are doing at the time.

See? Easy as pie. However, this was just a sample app. I hope that explains everything you needed to know.

Know what to do? Now lets see some apps!
Last edited by The Norak Federation on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
- Do not pray for Mercy, for that is begging. God helps those who help themselves. Seize the day, take vengeance, and God will be on your side.
Fantasy Dice Rp sound strike your fancy? Join Now!
R.I.P. Wombat

The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Norak Federation » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:14 pm

Space Reserved for Apps, Spells and abilities

Name: Jerick Ameralus
Life: 20/20
Race: Human
Faith: Chaos
Class: Rogue
Equipment: Throwing Knife (+1 to combat, +2 to range combat once)

+2 to Stealing
+2 to Spying

Ability: Spirit Communication
Twice per turn you may ask a spirit for whatever, whether help with an action or knowledge or to spy on an enemy. GM roll two D6 without letting anyone know the result until the day is done (or you discover by yourself). Same rules as the dice system. May offer item or gold to appease spirit (help the roll). The harder the task, the less likely the spirit will help

Name: Prince Tu'shei
Race: Sky Elf
Faith: Air

+1 to Range weapon attacks
+2 to spying
+2 to interacting with the Air Faith
-2 to interacting outside of the Air Faith

Name: Sellith
Life: 17/20
Race: Lizardman (or woman in this case)
Faith: Water
Class: Mage
Equipment:

+2 to interaction with Water Creatures
-2 to interaction with outside the Water Faith
+2 to combat in water
+1 to spying.
No negative modifier in Swamp

Spells:
Summon Sea Creature (Water) : Can be Cast Three times per day: Roll a D6 dice. Results: 1-3 you summon a or several small sea creature(s). 4-5 will summon a medium creature. A 6 will summon a large one. The farther away you are from water affects the roll.
Mud Ball (Water) : Can be Cast Three times per day: Roll a D6 die. The higher the result, the more damage you deal to a single target.
Fog Covering: (Water/Air): Can be cast Three times per day: Roll 2D6 die, and follow the rules of the Dice system. A success covers the area in a thick Fog, making ranged attacks -2 and everyone gains a +1 bonus to spying.
Water Armor: (Water) : Can be cast Twice per day. Roll a D6 Die. Except on the result of a 1, the target becomes surrounded by water (except the face). This water acts as an armor, granting +2 against ranged attacks, and making magic spells against you less effective, by giving them a -2. (Tip: this also can activate your lizard bonus of combat in water, but does not help summoning creatures). This armor lasts for about 3 Turns

Name: Benyamin Silver
Life: 25/25
Race: High Elf
Faith: Life
Class: Paladin
Equipment: Dark Elf Sword found (+ 3 to combat). +150 Gold pieces

+2 to Melee Combat
+2 to any combat with Undead
Is able to cast and learn spells.
Top Target for Death Elves

Spells:
Purify Wounds (Life) Able to Cast Twice per Day: Single Target gets a healing Bonus for the rest of the day.
Holy Strike (Life) Able to Cast Three times per Day: Roll a D6 die while doing melee Combat. Result is added to your combat roll.

Name: Dyrrysres Ter
Race: Centaur
Equipment:

+2 to Movement Speed
+1 to Combat
-2 to interaction with Centaurs

Spells
Fog Covering: (Water/Air): Can be cast Three times per day: Roll 2D6 die, and follow the rules of the Dice system. A success covers the area in a thick Fog, making ranged attacks -2 and everyone gains a +1 bonus to spying.
Lightning Bolt (Air): Can be Cast Three times per day. Roll 2 D6 die. 3/4 of that result deals damage to target Creature
Cross Winds Air: Can Be cast Twice Per day. Roll a D6 Die. Except on a result of 1, You summon powerful winds that grant you and your allies range attacks +2 and your Enemies Range Attacks -2
Gust (Air): Roll a D6 Die. On a 4-6, target enemy gets hit by a powerful gust of wind, knocking them off balance for that turn, making them -2 for Combat during that round

Name: Roger the Smith's Apprentice
Race: Gnome
Equipment: Order Scroll (Effects unknown)

+1 to spying
+ 2/-3 to Boxing
Able to use any weapon without suffering penalties

Spells:
Rock Throw (Earth): Can be cast three times per day. Roll a D6 die. Target gets hit by a large rock that you have flung. Damage varies with result of Die
Small Earthquake (Earth) : Can be Cast twice per day. Roll a D6 die. Area around you suddenly begins to shake, causing damage to anyone near you. Radias and around of damage depends on result of die. Must be touching the earth in order to do this spell.
Petrification- Minor (Earth): Can be cast once per day. Roll a D6 die. Except on the result of a one, Target's limb gets turned to stone, causing a loss to combat stats.
Healing Earth (Earth) : Can be cast three times per day. Roll a D6 die. Target regains life depending on how result of die.

Scrolls:
Sanctuary of Peace: Roll a D6 Die. A Box of Arcane energy surrounds the target, providing protection from outside attacks and spells, though traps the target. Strength of Box and Duration depend on Die Roll.
Last edited by The Norak Federation on Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:41 pm, edited 13 times in total.
- Do not pray for Mercy, for that is begging. God helps those who help themselves. Seize the day, take vengeance, and God will be on your side.
R.I.P. Wombat

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:18 pm

This is based off the game yes?

The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Norak Federation » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:22 pm

Loosely, yes.
R.I.P. Wombat

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:24 pm

The Norak Federation wrote:Loosely, yes.

I shall make an app then.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:27 pm

Name: Jerick Ameralus
Preferred Weapon: Dual short swords, Crossbow
Bio: Jerick grew up in poverty and as he grew older his life quickly turned to crime. Nowadays he makes a living stealing from cities and assassinating targets.
Rp Example: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=256989

The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Norak Federation » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:38 pm

Elerian wrote:Name: Jerick Ameralus
Preferred Weapon: Dual short swords, Crossbow
Bio: Jerick grew up in poverty and as he grew older his life quickly turned to crime. Nowadays he makes a living stealing from cities and assassinating targets.
Rp Example: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=256989

Nice. Accepted.

As a Chaos Rouge, he will be getting a bonus to spying and combined with his past, stealing from others, which will be useful a lot with how the rp i have planned. Also, as a Chaos rouge (Chaos mages may do this also), you may ask the 'spirits' around you for advice or help. Depending on the spirits mood (or dice roll) they will tell you something, either true or not. You may try to appease the spirit by tossing something of value in the air.
Basicly:

Twice per turn you may ask a spirit for whatever, whether help with an action or knowledge or spy on an enemy. GM roll two D6 without letting anyone know until the day is done (or you discover by yourself). Same rules as the dice system. MAy offer item or gold to appease spirit (help the roll). The harder the task, the less likely the spirit will help.
Last edited by The Norak Federation on Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
R.I.P. Wombat

Arcerion
Senator

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Arcerion » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:02 pm

Tag for App
The Republic of Lanos wrote:I went to a fight once but then a hockey game broke out.

The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Norak Federation » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:20 pm

Bump
R.I.P. Wombat

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:31 pm

Do i have to fill out the "RP example" part of the form?
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:41 pm

Mhm nerdy game, delicious. App on it's way.
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:50 pm

Application
Preferred Weapon: Bow and Arrow, Short Sword
Bio: Born around nineteen years ago, as the bastard son of the High King of the Sky Elves, Tu'shei was effectively abandoned at birth. His mother, a half-elf, left him with the Rogue's Guild, in the air-borne city of High Ou'ntai, the capital of the Sky Elf's Domain. He was raised by the Rogue's Guild, and at the tender age of just 10, he had already learnt the basics of warfare and espionage. At the age of nineteen, he now wanders the realm, to find fortune, allies and adventure. He also seeks to take his rightful title of High King of the Sky Elves, and capture the city of High Ou'ntai.
Rp Example: Ill just leave this here.
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Norak Federation » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:28 pm

Valrifell wrote:Do i have to fill out the "RP example" part of the form?

It would be nice. If you are new, you may provide a brief example of your rping skills.

Caltarania wrote:Application
Preferred Weapon: Bow and Arrow, Short Sword
Bio: Born around nineteen years ago, as the bastard son of the High King of the Sky Elves, Tu'shei was effectively abandoned at birth. His mother, a half-elf, left him with the Rogue's Guild, in the air-borne city of High Ou'ntai, the capital of the Sky Elf's Domain. He was raised by the Rogue's Guild, and at the tender age of just 10, he had already learnt the basics of warfare and espionage. At the age of nineteen, he now wanders the realm, to find fortune, allies and adventure. He also seeks to take his rightful title of High King of the Sky Elves, and capture the city of High Ou'ntai.
Rp Example: Ill just leave this here.

Looks good. Accepted.

Your character, being a air rouge, and being elven to boot, has an incredible accuracy to all range weapons, so you suffer no penalties for using a range weapon that is not your preferred one, and you get a bonus when using a bow. Seeing he has been trained in Espianage, Spying is very natural to him. Being the son of the High King of Sky Elves, he is accepted by most sky elves and even Air Fairies and Air Giants, and get a bonus when interacting with them. However, since the sky elves have had less contact with the outsiders, other races distrust Tu'shei, and he gets a negative modifier when interacting with them outside of contact.
Last edited by The Norak Federation on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
R.I.P. Wombat

Asuaw
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 17, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Asuaw » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:28 pm

Name: Sellith
Preferred Weapon: Wooden staff or club
Bio: Sellith was born in a small, remote tribe of lizardmen, on a marshy coast far from civilization. She never thought about the world at large or the struggles of the different faiths. She followed the path of Water because everyone in her tribe did. At a young age she showed an aptitude for magic, and was apprenticed to the tribe's witch. Her main language is her native lizard tongue (a language comprised mostly of hisses and spitting sounds) but she can she can speak and understand the common language of the rest of the world, though her vocabulary is not expansive and her sentences are a bit broken. Even at the mature age of 16 (lizardmen mature quickly, so she's actually 20 to 30 by human standards) she knows little about the world and distrusts non-lizards. Her abilities have developed to the point where she could take over for the current witch if she needed to.
Sellith was taken from her village when she was swimming to one of the nearby islands. A group of pirates saw her and took her prisoner, intending to sell her as a slave (nonhumans fetching a high price for being exotic). They didn't know she was a witch, but with her hands bound she couldn't work the gestures needed to go along with her prayers, and was effectively powerless. However, the time came to shed her skin, and one night when the pirate on watch was passed out in a drunken stupor she slipped out of her bonds and went over the side. Only after she escaped did she realize she didn't know how to get home. She ended up on a foreign coast and began wandering, keeping to the edges of civilization, stealing maps that she couldn't hope to read and following human caravans hoping for a clue as to where home might be.
Rp Example: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=72155
Last edited by Asuaw on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. Hence, evil genius is redundant.
Like elves? Like zombies? How about elf zombies? Click below for some magical, enchanting, flesh-eating zombie fun. Open!
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=263141

The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Norak Federation » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:38 am

Asuaw wrote:Name: Sellith
Preferred Weapon: Wooden staff or club
Bio: Sellith was born in a small, remote tribe of lizardmen, on a marshy coast far from civilization. She never thought about the world at large or the struggles of the different faiths. She followed the path of Water because everyone in her tribe did. At a young age she showed an aptitude for magic, and was apprenticed to the tribe's witch. Her main language is her native lizard tongue (a language comprised mostly of hisses and spitting sounds) but she can she can speak and understand the common language of the rest of the world, though her vocabulary is not expansive and her sentences are a bit broken. Even at the mature age of 16 (lizardmen mature quickly, so she's actually 20 to 30 by human standards) she knows little about the world and distrusts non-lizards. Her abilities have developed to the point where she could take over for the current witch if she needed to.
Sellith was taken from her village when she was swimming to one of the nearby islands. A group of pirates saw her and took her prisoner, intending to sell her as a slave (nonhumans fetching a high price for being exotic). They didn't know she was a witch, but with her hands bound she couldn't work the gestures needed to go along with her prayers, and was effectively powerless. However, the time came to shed her skin, and one night when the pirate on watch was passed out in a drunken stupor she slipped out of her bonds and went over the side. Only after she escaped did she realize she didn't know how to get home. She ended up on a foreign coast and began wandering, keeping to the edges of civilization, stealing maps that she couldn't hope to read and following human caravans hoping for a clue as to where home might be.
Rp Example: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=72155

Sweet! a mage! Accepted. Since, you are a water lizard, you are able to communicate to any sea creature, and gain a bonus to convincing them what to do. However, you gain a negative modifier when interacting with anyone outside the faith of water. You also gain a bonus when to combat in water, and don't suffer penalties when in swamp water. Also, you have a small bonus to spying since you have had followed caravans without being noticed for so long. Your list of spells you know will be put in once i get them figured out.
R.I.P. Wombat

The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Norak Federation » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:40 pm

Ok everyone, i'm hoping to soon have an IC up tomorrow or the next day, i just want to give the guys who have tagged a chance to put in their app before i start.
R.I.P. Wombat

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Len Hyet » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:31 pm

This is dice yes?

Then app it is!

Preferred Weapon: Dual Swords (Enchanted preferably)
Bio: Silver, the word sortof rolls of the tongue doesn't it? That's because it's a taken name. Born Benyamin Lae'naught to a family of High Elves, Benyamin's father was a warrior in service of Life, who fought their enemies upon the field of battle, driving the forces of Death back from their borders. He introduced Benyamin to the way of warriors, in the way that his mother introduced him to the way of magics. Life magic to be particular. And so Benyamin grew up educated in both battle and magic. So when he chose to be apprenticed as a Paladin, a Holy Warrior, it made perfect sense. He dons a suit of heavy plate armor and rides into battle with his swords at the ready and a spell of life on his lips.
Rp Example: :rofl: :rofl:
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.
American 2L. No I will not answer your legal question.

Yanalia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:07 pm

Name: Dyrrysres Ter
Preferred Weapon: Mace
Bio: Dyrrysres Ter was born to great expectations to the chief of his Centaur clan. He became a promising shaman in his mountain clan, which takes its solemn duty of defending the mountain passes very seriously. Dyrrysres slipped once in his adherence to the strict honor code, and was banished in disgrace, to return only when he had redeemed himself in the eyes of the clan. And he is attempting to do just that.
Rp Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=234173
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

F799
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 08, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby F799 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:04 pm

TAG!!! Will get an app in SOON!

Preferred Weapon: Earth Magic or if needed his small gnomish fists
Bio: Roger's story, like the stories of many gnomes, is not a very pretty or bright one. Roger's story starts like most other gnomes of ages past; in a hole in the ground. Roger was born into the traditional gnomish family, where he had an entirely normal childhood (at least for a gnome!). As he grew, Roger took to learning the traditional gnomish brands of magic and working in his family's iron smithing business; all nestled very safely within their quite normal and utterly unexciting hole in the ground. As the years past, Roger took on a family of his own, and as his own children grew he taught them the traditions of gnomish magic and smithing. All in all, Roger's life was all together rather uneventful (save for a certain incident involving a very large and angry earth worm, but that is a tale for another time and another place. . .) and almost downright boring, for those who are not gnomes of course. The only entertainment that Roger ever seemed to experience were the semi-annual-ish gnomish boxing matches that occurred from time to time when gnomes from different holes gathered together for times of feasting and ware-trading. During his lifetime, Roger discovered three distinct things about himself.
The first of these being that while feisty in spirit, Roger was an absolutely horrid boxer. This may have been due, in part, to his short stature, even by gnomish standards, but many suspected that in fact the real reason behind Roger's continual losses in the boxing ring were due to the fact that instead of actually boxing, Roger would throw himself screaming at his opponents, grabbing and pulling at beards, noses and any other appendage that might be within reach of his gnomy hands, only to be dragged away again and again by the referees.
Secondly, Roger found that in his studies of the earth magics he had an affinity for the complex interworkings of flesh and stone, be it transforming flesh into stone, or calling upon stones to rise up out of the earth or swallow beings whole; and while Roger was a peaceful gnome, for the most part, he did on the rare occasion enjoy stepping outside his gnome-hole and giggling like a troublesome young child, call upon the stones in the earth to rise up and cement the passing traders in place for several days or if he was feeling a little less mischievous, communing with the stones themselves to cause the ground to shake and send the traders running for cover.
And finally, the third thing Roger discovered about himself was that despite the small bits of news that drifted in from time to time from around the world, he was happily content being a small gnomish smith deep within the wild bowels of the earth kingdom, far away from any of the rumblings and grumblings of the cursed fairies, elves, and other ilk he often heard as being the troublesome meddlers of the world. Regardless though, Roger thought that should he ever meet any of these strange troublemakers someday, he would happily offer them a cup of gnomish ale and sit down with them to hear what trouble they were causing out in the world.

Rp Example: GM has many of my examples, but here is one I randomly found: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20495&hilit=F799
Last edited by F799 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If I have posted/done something to offend anyone (godmodded, etc etc) please shoot me a telegram and I will try and make it right!

I reserve the right to respectfully withdraw from any threads in which the OP has become inactive within for over a week or to incorporate the thread and a chosen outcome of my choice into this nations history for future RP purposes.

The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Norak Federation » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:42 pm

Len Hyet wrote:This is dice yes?

Then app it is!

Preferred Weapon: Dual Swords (Enchanted preferably)
Bio: Silver, the word sortof rolls of the tongue doesn't it? That's because it's a taken name. Born Benyamin Lae'naught to a family of High Elves, Benyamin's father was a warrior in service of Life, who fought their enemies upon the field of battle, driving the forces of Death back from their borders. He introduced Benyamin to the way of warriors, in the way that his mother introduced him to the way of magics. Life magic to be particular. And so Benyamin grew up educated in both battle and magic. So when he chose to be apprenticed as a Paladin, a Holy Warrior, it made perfect sense. He dons a suit of heavy plate armor and rides into battle with his swords at the ready and a spell of life on his lips.
Rp Example: :rofl: :rofl:

ok, accepted, but on condition that you will be treated like a warrior for the most part. This means you will get a bonus to Any Melee Combat. You will also gain a bonus against fighting undead. As to your magic, you character is able to cast two different spells (that i will give you) compared to a mages usual 4-5. However, because you are a life elf, Death elves will pay closer attention to you, and have a higher chance of going after you rather than someone else.

Yanalia wrote:Name: Dyrrysres Ter
Preferred Weapon: Mace
Bio: Dyrrysres Ter was born to great expectations to the chief of his Centaur clan. He became a promising shaman in his mountain clan, which takes its solemn duty of defending the mountain passes very seriously. Dyrrysres slipped once in his adherence to the strict honor code, and was banished in disgrace, to return only when he had redeemed himself in the eyes of the clan. And he is attempting to do just that.
Rp Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=234173

Oh, this just got fun. As a Centaur, and of the air faith, you are able to pass through the lands very quickly. You however have a negative modifier with interaction with other centaurs, until you return to your clan. An enemy centuar recognises a dishonerable one easily, enspecially one from the Air mountains. Your spells will be air spells, mostly covering more weather based ones, which i'll have up hopefully soon.

F799 wrote:TAG!!! Will get an app in SOON!

Preferred Weapon: Earth Magic or if needed his small gnomish fists
Bio: Roger's story, like the stories of many gnomes, is not a very pretty or bright one. Roger's story starts like most other gnomes of ages past; in a hole in the ground. Roger was born into the traditional gnomish family, where he had an entirely normal childhood (at least for a gnome!). As he grew, Roger took to learning the traditional gnomish brands of magic and working in his family's iron smithing business; all nestled very safely within their quite normal and utterly unexciting hole in the ground. As the years past, Roger took on a family of his own, and as his own children grew he taught them the traditions of gnomish magic and smithing. All in all, Roger's life was all together rather uneventful (save for a certain incident involving a very large and angry earth worm, but that is a tale for another time and another place. . .) and almost downright boring, for those who are not gnomes of course. The only entertainment that Roger ever seemed to experience were the semi-annual-ish gnomish boxing matches that occurred from time to time when gnomes from different holes gathered together for times of feasting and ware-trading. During his lifetime, Roger discovered three distinct things about himself.
The first of these being that while feisty in spirit, Roger was an absolutely horrid boxer. This may have been due, in part, to his short stature, even by gnomish standards, but many suspected that in fact the real reason behind Roger's continual losses in the boxing ring were due to the fact that instead of actually boxing, Roger would throw himself screaming at his opponents, grabbing and pulling at beards, noses and any other appendage that might be within reach of his gnomy hands, only to be dragged away again and again by the referees.
Secondly, Roger found that in his studies of the earth magics he had an affinity for the complex interworkings of flesh and stone, be it transforming flesh into stone, or calling upon stones to rise up out of the earth or swallow beings whole; and while Roger was a peaceful gnome, for the most part, he did on the rare occasion enjoy stepping outside his gnome-hole and giggling like a troublesome young child, call upon the stones in the earth to rise up and cement the passing traders in place for several days or if he was feeling a little less mischievous, communing with the stones themselves to cause the ground to shake and send the traders running for cover.
And finally, the third thing Roger discovered about himself was that despite the small bits of news that drifted in from time to time from around the world, he was happily content being a small gnomish smith deep within the wild bowels of the earth kingdom, far away from any of the rumblings and grumblings of the cursed fairies, elves, and other ilk he often heard as being the troublesome meddlers of the world. Regardless though, Roger thought that should he ever meet any of these strange troublemakers someday, he would happily offer them a cup of gnomish ale and sit down with them to hear what trouble they were causing out in the world.

Rp Example: GM has many of my examples, but here is one I randomly found: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20495&hilit=F799

F799! Long time, no rp! Glad to see you again!

As an Earth gnome, you gain the small bonus of trying to spy, since no one notices gnomes or halflings that often. You do gain a bonus to your boxing, but you enemy will also get a bonus when fighting you. To explain, after i roll for a combat, after the result i subtract 3 from your boxing score, and thats how much extra damage the enemy does to you (if any) or how much damage you may do to yourself in the process of attacking.
With being the smith's apprentice, you have had a chance to weild almost every weapon you have made, and in doing so you do not suffer any negative modifiers when weilding a weapon that is not your choice. Your magic will mostly deal with stone or petrification magic.

Ok, this thread is currently CLOSED, excpet those who have put in apps. This should be really fun everyone. Give me a day or two, and the IC thread will be up.
R.I.P. Wombat

The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Norak Federation » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:43 pm

Ok, everyone's apps and spells/abilities are on the list. IC will be up tomorrow afternoon. I will be posting results every 24-36 hours, or until everyone posts before 24 hours and i get a chance to look at people's actions. Sound good to everyone?
R.I.P. Wombat

Yanalia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:03 pm

The Norak Federation wrote:Ok, everyone's apps and spells/abilities are on the list. IC will be up tomorrow afternoon. I will be posting results every 24-36 hours, or until everyone posts before 24 hours and i get a chance to look at people's actions. Sound good to everyone?

All right, sounds good.
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Len Hyet » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:03 pm

The Norak Federation wrote:Ok, everyone's apps and spells/abilities are on the list. IC will be up tomorrow afternoon. I will be posting results every 24-36 hours, or until everyone posts before 24 hours and i get a chance to look at people's actions. Sound good to everyone?

Sounds good
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.
American 2L. No I will not answer your legal question.

Asuaw
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 17, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Asuaw » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:46 pm

Sounds good to me too. Looking forward to it!
Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. Hence, evil genius is redundant.
Like elves? Like zombies? How about elf zombies? Click below for some magical, enchanting, flesh-eating zombie fun. Open!
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=263141

The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Norak Federation » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:58 pm

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=16271816#p16271816
Here's the IC! sorry for the delay. My computer was having issues last night, but here we are!
Last edited by The Norak Federation on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Wombat

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse