NATION

PASSWORD

2ND AVBF (CLOSED. Thanks for your support!)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nouvel Ecosse
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouvel Ecosse » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:26 pm

Attico's Drinkeries
THE ALPEN VIEW TENT

|Great Drink|Great Service|Great Food|Great Times|

Welcome to the tent of that place called Attico's. Here, why don't you sit in our beer garden and enjoy one or two drinks of our beer? I'm almost certain that you will enjoy. And here. Have an Attico's coupon. Everytime you order a pint of our famous Walrus Lager, one of our hired maids will give it a stamp, and the fifth stamp entitles you to a free pint! Does that sound like a good deal? Sure does, I bet you.

DRINK MENU
SPECIALLY FOR THE ALPEN VIEW TENT

|Great Whisky|Great Brands|Great Alcohol|Great Times|

WALRUS LAGER: Originally brewed by visiting Danish monks who were marooned on Nouvel Ecosse, Walrus Lager is still to this very day made by the monks of Moon Town Monastery, who continue to pledge their time to making one of Nouvel Ecosse's finest alcohols. Nobody knows why they make it or how, but all we know is that you will love it. Available in its entirely unique bottle, shaped to resemble a Walrus which inhabit the lands around Moon Town, Walrus Lager is both tasty and unique.

Pint Glass = NS$ 2.50 Bottle = NS$ 2.00

MCCARTHEY'S: Brewed by the McCarthey family for over 250 years without a single change to their secretive recipe, McCarthey's is probably Nouvel Ecosse's most popular alcoholic beverage. With its familiar golden-yellow body, remarkable amount of fizz and bitter aftertaste, McCarthey's became popular in the 1800's amongst miners who believed that it washed away the coal dust from their throats. Still popular to this day in the mining communities, although the Coal Dust is no longer the reason, McCarthey's is sure to liven up your evening.

Pint Glass = NS$ 2.60. Bottle = NS$ 2.15

BADLANDER BEER: Introducing a new line of beer from the new Southern Badlands, brewed by Attico's own professionals. With its distinct taste and unique quality, Badlander Beer is certain to transport you to their and back. A strong *Kick* guaranteed.

Pint Glass = NS$ 2.40 Bottle = NS$ 2.00

ORCHARD BREW: A Cider blend of various types of Apple grown in Nouvel Ecosse on the islands largest orchard, hidden away on a small peninsula to the East.

4 NS$ per Pint Glass, 2.70 NS$ per bottle

ENDEAVOUR SINGLE MALT: Attico's very own brand of whisky, brewed, distilled twice and cased in Endeavour itself, on the estate of the Ballant family, who to this day still employ local people to help grow and harvest the barley used in this world-famous and exclusive malt.

5 NS$ per Whisky Glass, 30 NS$ for a bottle (750 ml, 20 year old), Miniatures on sale for 10 NS$ (100 ml, 30 year old)

WAYNE ISLAND SCOTCH: Another Island brew, this time from the secluded island of vineyards and barley fields that is Wayne Island. A rather costly drink, however it will disappoint with its smoky, unique blend that is the product of numerous breweries that occupy the Island and their distinct differences.

7.50 NS$ per Glass, 50 NS$ for a bottle (800ml, 35 year old),

MCLENNAN'S DOUBLE DIP: By using the clearest of mountain spring water in their recipe, the McLennan family believe they have created the world's finest tasting whisky. That is why they have been making this whisky since 1907, even supplying the army during WWII.

8.00 NS$ per Glass, 40 NS$ per bottle (500ml, 40 year old)

BADLANDER: A typical whiskey but with a Southern Twist, not quite what you expect. Sourced and made in Southern Badlands by Attico's Drinkeries.

7.50 NS$ per Glass, 20 NS$ per bottle (500ml)
Last edited by Nouvel Ecosse on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:27 pm

ALPENHORN TAVERN IN BURGUNDEN

"Ms. Mielowski, we are pretty booked up, to be honest. We do have our 2 most expensive suites still available, if you're interested. The 'Honeymoon' and the 'Regent'. Otherwise, I can recommend some other places in town. You should act quick as many hotels are filling up for the Festival."
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:30 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:ALPENHORN TAVERN IN BURGUNDEN

"Ms. Mielowski, we are pretty booked up, to be honest. We do have our 2 most expensive suites still available, if you're interested. The 'Honeymoon' and the 'Regent'. Otherwise, I can recommend some other places in town. You should act quick as many hotels are filling up for the Festival."

"ah okay, yeah its been busy I know, now I know you're one of the least expensive places in town, so thats why I came to you, whats the suite like?" she asks
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:45 pm

ALPENHORN TAVERN IN BURGUNDEN

"Well, price wise, the Honeymoon is H$ 325 and the Regent is H$ 450, the space is about appropriate to the price, and well, for location around downtown. We do have reasonable rates comparatively on some rooms, but, well...you know they got snagged up months in advance. I'm really sorry, Ms. Mielowski."
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:57 pm

"Well, price wise, the Honeymoon is H$ 325 and the Regent is H$ 450, the space is about appropriate to the price, and well, for location around downtown. We do have reasonable rates comparatively on some rooms, but, well...you know they got snagged up months in advance. I'm really sorry, Ms. Mielowski."

"ah don't worry, so where do you recommend?" asks Alex
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:54 pm

Aurora Confederacy wrote:

"ah don't worry, so where do you recommend?" asks Alex

"Um, well, there's some hostels, Tell's Inn, which is a comparative chain to us, The Rock House, Hayden, and Paradise, which are all, well...a little pricier than us, actually. I can't promise any of them have vacancies, mind you...probably the opposite, similar to us. So, um, Yes! You know what, I would try Summervale Gardens. That's one that doesn't end up on many of the tourist brochures, and I think it's not on the Festival literature, either. Hidden gem. They're almost more of a bed and breakfast. You have a good chance of getting a room there."
My Factbook

Smertolina
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 12, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Smertolina » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:32 pm

A small armada of trucks, vans and buses with Smertolinan plates reached the park and began disgorging workers and supplies. The trucks were predominantly olive green, black, or red with a black and white stripe. The workers were mostly clad in black or red coveralls, or street clothes with a red safety vest with white reflective tape. Many workers were teenagers in the olive fatigues of Smertolina's Popular Militia, laboring as part of their mandatory government service.

Baron Hansel Smertsky, the Minister of Culture and Tourism, climbed out of a black luxury SUV. An athletic man with strawberry blond hair and a vertical scar up the left side of his face, he wore a black sweater and blue jeans. "Help me get the paperwork done and then get the beer, food and displays finished! If it isn't all proper by the time Her Highness arrives tomorrow, someone's going to be shot!" he shouted at his people. "And it isn't going to be me!"
Smertolina is a landlocked, mountainous, forested, Slavic-Germanic nation. It is ruled by a mostly-benevolent fascist monarch (my old "City of Villains" supervillain) and does not represent my real-world views.

Romberg
Senator

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Romberg » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:06 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:IN THE BOX OFFICE

David smiled even more warmly.
"Fritz...I have a cousin named Fritz. You can call me David. Good to hear about BB. Ya know, we'd like to see your nation's ales do well here this week. We want the whole global industry of good craft beer to come up together, that's part of the reason for this. We're kind of all in the same boat against the poor quality swill that passes for beer in most places. Now, I'm not having much to do with the BreuPub side of things, so correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Burgunden BreuPubs serving some Rombergian varieties these days?"

He pulled out a squarish card from among the papers he held and handed it out to Fritz,
"Anyway, I think you may want to be in direct contact with Minister Rigolberto rather than rely on me as messenger. Here's his card he left for you."

(Image)

Minister Gianni Rigolberto
5 Liberté Rue, Telleursville, GE 4ZH6
The Confederacy of Neu Engollon
# 97-12-3439-5799 x. 942
grigolberto@financeministry.neg

"Alright, thanks."

Fritz slipped the buisness card in his wallet, then continued to complete the paperwork, and when he was done, he handed it over to David (OOC: He was almost finished by then). Once again thanking him for letting the Rombergian Union of Breweries come over to Neu Engollon, Fritz then waited for David to leave before calling the office of Minister Rigolberto.
Proud Member of Astyria.

Info: Population 150 mil. Centrist. Based on a much more competent Austrian Empire with Scandinavian and Russian influences.

Storefronts: Holding Company|Airline|Railway

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:00 am

Neu Engollon wrote:
Aurora Confederacy wrote:"ah don't worry, so where do you recommend?" asks Alex

"Um, well, there's some hostels, Tell's Inn, which is a comparative chain to us, The Rock House, Hayden, and Paradise, which are all, well...a little pricier than us, actually. I can't promise any of them have vacancies, mind you...probably the opposite, similar to us. So, um, Yes! You know what, I would try Summervale Gardens. That's one that doesn't end up on many of the tourist brochures, and I think it's not on the Festival literature, either. Hidden gem. They're almost more of a bed and breakfast. You have a good chance of getting a room there."

"Thanks, I'll give them a call" says Alex, then hangs up one conversation to ring another hotel, checking her phone first for the number off the internet thanks to local wifi hotspot, Alex taps the number in then hits the green button, *riiiiiiing riiiiiiiiiing....* As the phone rings, Alex gets out of the cab, phone in one hand, leaving her other hand free to de-couple the air lines and jumpers between her cab and trailer, then makes her way to the landing legs of the trailer and starts to wind them down, however just before she fully lowers the legs, Alex opens the drawer and pulls out two wooden pads, placing one under the landing leg closest to the drawer, then gently tapping it shut with a nudge from one of her trainers then walks around to the other side and puts the other pad under the other landing leg, after which she returns to the truck and sends the air suspension up a touch before going back to the legs to wind them down a bit more until they make contact with the wooden pads.

*....Riiiiiing riiiiiiing*

With the phone still ringing, Alex returns to the 5th wheel and pulls the release handle, it takes a bit of leverage to pull but thats normal, though with the jaws retracted, Alex climbs back into the cab and waits for the phone to be answered.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:40 am

SUMMERVALE GARDENS IN BURGUNDEN

Alex's call went through, "Hallo, Summervale Gardens. This is Uma. How may I help you?"
Came a pleasant, but throaty female voice with a heavy Teutonic accent. Summervale Gardens was just on the outskirts of Northwestern Burgunden, off a quiet residential street, but it was near to a Metro stop that fed into the city center. It was only four stories high, set in among many other brownstones along the block, with a reasonable bronze embossed sign next to the door.

CONFEDERACY PARK GROUNDS
SMERTOLINA MINISTRY OF TOURISM AND CULTURE TENT

David Toft crossed back over the grounds to where the Smertolinan crew was setting up their equipment, gear and tent. They were hard at work, and Toft came to the assumption that they wouldn't need the main crew's help as they had things well under control.
He approached a figure who was directing the set-up and he assumed might be Baron Hansel Smertsky, the Minister of Culture and Tourism.

"Hi! Bien-Welk! I'm David Toft, one of the organizers from BB. Are you Minister Smertsky, sir?"

CELL PHONE OF MINISTER RIGOLBERTO

As Fritz dialed the number on the card, it was a direct line that was automatically forwarded from the Ministry office in Telleursville to the Minister's cell. The forwarding had been set up yesterday when Gianni Rigolberto had started on his trip from the Capital to Burgunden. The Minister glanced at the caller ID as he pulled the phone from his blazer pocket. It was a foreign area code, but that was not uncommon as he received foreign phone calls all the time from Trade delegates and International Corporate heads. If they had this number, it was either a misdial or they had received it legitimately through his office, or off of his card. He answered,
"Bon Pommitti, This is Minister Rigolberto. To whom am I speaking?"
My Factbook

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:27 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:SUMMERVALE GARDENS IN BURGUNDEN

Alex's call went through, "Hallo, Summervale Gardens. This is Uma. How may I help you?"
Came a pleasant, but throaty female voice with a heavy Teutonic accent. Summervale Gardens was just on the outskirts of Northwestern Burgunden, off a quiet residential street, but it was near to a Metro stop that fed into the city center. It was only four stories high, set in among many other brownstones along the block, with a reasonable bronze embossed sign next to the door.

"Czecz, its Alex Mielowski here, wandering if you have any vacancies for a room to stay for the festival, I'd rather stay in a small B&B like I expect my drivers to do if they use the night out allowance, rather than a chain hotel like a Hilton or Marriott", her voice having a slight Polish accent to it, "Alpenhorn tavern reccomended you to me, so i'd also fancy an evening meal as well"

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:39 pm

SUMMERVALE GARDENS

"Ya, Ms. Mielowski, accorzu...you're in luck, we have some rooms. We just had a cancellation on a very nice one. I will hold it for you. Especially as we're starting to get some calls. This is a very busy time for the Burgunden hospitality industry. We will be serving some chicken schnitzel with a side of roclettes (cheesy potatoes) this evening...In about 3 hours, actually."

I will be flipping the day in a few hours. To the next morning when the gates open @ 1045 AM IC time. Get all your set up RP in now, etc. Sorry, I delayed as long as I could. 1st Judging will probably be tomorrow AM, but IC time later the first day.
My Factbook

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:SUMMERVALE GARDENS

"Ya, Ms. Mielowski, accorzu...you're in luck, we have some rooms. We just had a cancellation on a very nice one. I will hold it for you. Especially as we're starting to get some calls. This is a very busy time for the Burgunden hospitality industry. We will be serving some chicken schnitzel with a side of roclettes (cheesy potatoes) this evening...In about 3 hours, actually."

I will be flipping the day in a few hours. To the next morning when the gates open @ 1045 AM IC time. Get all your set up RP in now, etc. Sorry, I delayed as long as I could. 1st Judging will probably be tomorrow AM, but IC time later the first day.

"brilliant, I will be there in a few, a few nights for the festival, cash or card?" says Alex, punching the air in jubilation. Alex Locks her truck and makes her way to the gate to get a taxi to the hotel, where she will spend the evening before the show officially opens in the morning. Outside the showground, Alex hails a cab whilst on the phone to the hotel, suitcase in one hand, satellite phone in the other.
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smertolina
Spokesperson

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Smertolina » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:14 pm

"Ah, Mister Toft!" Baron Smertsky said, whirling around. "A pleasure. I do not believe we had the pleasure of crossing paths last year. Do you know, your people have been so generous with space and accommodation, that we have five Smertolinan groups with tents this year. But of course, you know that. I assume you already have the tents, coolers and grills ready for our setup, like last year. Everyone just needs to bring in the displays and products, and have them just so."

He turned to the flurry of Smertolinan activity. "Or I'll kill them!" He shouted. Several of the younger ones flinched as they scurried by.

He turned back to Toft, smiling. "We should have many more Smertolinan tourists this time. Under Martina's leadership, our economy is doing far better than anyone expected, and of course last year's festival was such a success, everyone wants to come!"
Smertolina is a landlocked, mountainous, forested, Slavic-Germanic nation. It is ruled by a mostly-benevolent fascist monarch (my old "City of Villains" supervillain) and does not represent my real-world views.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:43 pm

OUTSIDE THE PARK
ON KEMMEL STRASSE

Right away, a St. James Cab pulls up to pick up Alex, one of several companies serving the downtown area. There is a queue already waiting for the lucrative fares from the Festival. Gendarmes will be out to supervise the next day, both helping intoxicated folks to cabs or public trans or keeping the taxi drivers from getting into fist fights over fares as happened last year. Some of the Trellinese immigrant cabbies can get rather surly, and they don't mix well with some of the southern Neu Engoleen cabbies from the Panoli/Nice/San Remo area or some of the Latin-ViZionarian cabbies who've seemed to come in droves lately.

"Whar ta milahhdeee?" The cabbie says around a thick, vague accent.

ON THE CONFEDERACY PARK GROUNDS
WITH THE SMERTOLINAN CREW

"Yes Minister, you might have met my father, Jan Toft, the CEO of BB, or my uncle, Franz, who is your opposite number in the Neu Engollon Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport. I was not here last year. I was trying a career out in banking finance with EngolBanc and it didn't suit me, so I've come back to the family business of brewing and beer commerce.
So, your tents, grills and things are coming in...Now" A truck was being let in that was loaded with gear. It had a large amount strapped to a flatbed. Two forklifts with all terrain tires came out to greet it. Another truck was waiting at the gate for space to pass. All the machinery and trucks were Diamond Star Automotive. Several of the crew broke off from the main stage and Pavilion to help, as well as crew from the other vendors and brewers that were available. It was a very communal atmosphere, as everyone helped out where they could.
"There it is. Right on time. We will probably be getting some more deliveries in soon. Lots of gear coming, including some musical groups' gear, as well, besides the tent stuff. I heard great things about last year. I hope this year can even exceed that. A lot folks from around Astyria and across the whole globe are expected."
My Factbook

Woodstead
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstead » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:45 pm

BURGUNDEN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, BURGUNDEN

Mrs. Petra Danczewska, a representative for the Society Wine Bars briefs her AVBF team of seven outside of the main Burgunden International terminal, waiting for their cab.

"Right, ladies and gentleman, we have a few minutes drive into the city, I believe. When we get to the venue, we're getting straight into the marquee. Samples will be laid out in the refrigerated case, which was in advance sent forward. Also, we are ambassadors- not only for Society or the fatcats at Rio, but also our home and culture."

She hands her team individual name tags titled 'bien-welk!'

"Please compose yourself. When we do get there, there will be other pitches, and we must volunteer to aid everyone. This is also a great event as a fellow Astyrian nation. Best behaviour, best of luck, guys."

Suddenly, a small short-wheel-based taxi van pulled up; the team of young assistants quickly crammed to the rear with their cases. The driver, an eccentrically presented man with a Salvador Dali-style mustache, jumped down from the driver side, adjusting his aviator specs.

"BUONACHI!", he exclaimed, "Peter Dank...chick...ask..kaka, yes?"

Sourly smiling and wincing, she nods, and whilst the driver is loading the cases into the back, Petra turns to her aides and raises her eyebrows in a seemingly amused fashion.

"Get in!", she ordered, inspecting her gleaming watch, "In, everyone. We're... rather pushed for time now!"
I don't use this account anymore. Need to TG me? Just hit up Nyasott or Cez-Zaeri.

Romberg
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Romberg » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:40 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:
CELL PHONE OF MINISTER RIGOLBERTO

As Fritz dialed the number on the card, it was a direct line that was automatically forwarded from the Ministry office in Telleursville to the Minister's cell. The forwarding had been set up yesterday when Gianni Rigolberto had started on his trip from the Capital to Burgunden. The Minister glanced at the caller ID as he pulled the phone from his blazer pocket. It was a foreign area code, but that was not uncommon as he received foreign phone calls all the time from Trade delegates and International Corporate heads. If they had this number, it was either a misdial or they had received it legitimately through his office, or off of his card. He answered,
"Bon Pommitti, This is Minister Rigolberto. To whom am I speaking?"

"Göten dag" Fritz replied, with a slightly Swedish accent. "I'm Graf Fritz Levsky von Ravenholm, diplomat of the Imperial Realm of Romberg. So I heard that from the organizers of the Alpen View Beer Festival, you had wanted to arrange a meeting with us."
Proud Member of Astyria.

Info: Population 150 mil. Centrist. Based on a much more competent Austrian Empire with Scandinavian and Russian influences.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:42 pm

CELL PHONE CONVERSATION BETWEEN MINISTERS RIGOLBERTO AND LEVSKY VON RAVENHOLM

"Ah, Göten dag to you, sir. Yes. Thank you for calling. Well nothing so formal, Minister Levsky von Ravenholm. More of a drop in and we can walk the grounds and grab some beers, or...I do have a spot in the Government Pavilion Box, so we can sit in some comfort and watch the proceedings below us, but maybe talk about strengthening financial ties between our nations. In fact, if you want, I will just leave a note with security to let you up to the Government box. I will definitely be there tomorrow, after that, I'm not so sure, but I hope to drop in another day."

CONFEDERACY GROUNDS

Set up continued, for some crews into the wee hours. David Toft said good night to the Smertolinan Minister and a couple other well wishers and various brewer crews, then finally and eventually his own, from Burgunden Breuerie after working out some other details. He locked up some papers and made sure the Box Office was secure. There would be all night security on guard, both local and off-duty Gendarmes, with some on-duty ones checking in from time to time on their beats. The tents were all set up by Open Time.

LAUNCH

Staff were let in during the morning hours to put the final touches to their tents and make sure all was set. Then, Ticket takers and guards manned the doors to let in the general attendees of the Festival. The 'doors' were officially open on time at 1045 AM, although the beer would not be served until Noon. They were there to witness the opening ceremonies and the March of the Madcaps. Some tents cheated a little bit, and some just sold food and merchandise, holding off on the beer and liquor. The excitement was rich in the air.

Hoppy Jensen stretched as the first die-hards pushed through the four gates.
"Agh! Look at tha sheeple. Stupid Schiessers! I hope they all drink themselves ta oblivion quick and not bore us wit' der jabbery tales of how great der cubicle lives are! ...COME ON, YA COZZFICKIN' LEMMINGS! COME TASTE WHAT REAL BEER IS, YA DUMB DONKERS!"

I have turned the day over to start the festivities. You may still RP set up, hotel stays, etc. - just make sure you specify that it is past tense aka the previous night. Others are free to just jump in with their tent already set up and running that didn't get a chance to RP set-up. Please don't RP a tent or official job unless applied and cleared. Open RP for festival attendees is welcome within the rules setup in the OP. Have fun!
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Factbook

Smertolina
Spokesperson

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Smertolina » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:39 am

IRON EAGLE BEVERAGE COMPANY

The tent is identified by a logo featuring a green valley in the shadow of a snow-covered mountain, with a medal in the shape of a black iron Smertolinan Eagle outlined in silver, hanging from a red ribbons with a black and white stripe. The inside of the tent contains kegs, tanks, serving glasses, and bottles of other beverages. Posters display a cartoon black eagle mascot and a scantily-clad cartoon green fairy mascot. The menu reads:

BEERS ENTERED IN COMPETITION:

All Smertolinan brewing begins with Smertolina’s famously soft spring water

Although our commercially produced beers are now made in modern stainless steel tanks, small batches made for tastings like this one are still made the old-fashioned way, in wooden barrels in the brewery’s cellar.

Blood of the Invader Red Ale: Ruby-red, with a hoppy, fruity, plum-like aroma, a smooth, malty body and a dry finish. Named for the many battles, victories, and losses throughout Smertolina's history.

Shadow Valley Pilsner: Golden, with a small, firm, white head, this beer opens with a slight, crisp bite of bitter hoppiness and ends with a lightly malty, almost slightly sweet finish. This is the small-batch version of Iron Eagle’s most popular commercially produced beer. After last year's Gold Medal win, it's being marketed as "The Best Light Beer in the World."

Both beers: 3oz Samples - H$1. 8oz 1/2 pint glasses - H$3. 12oz glass - H$4. 16oz pints - H$5.5. 64oz growler - H$17

OTHER BEVERAGES:

Fear No Evil Caffeinated Water 16oz - H$1

Iron Eagle's caffeinated waters were popular with last year's revelers recovering in the mornings after.

Valley of Shadow Spring Water 16oz - H$1

Valley of Shadow Naturally Carbonated Mineral Water 16oz - H$1

Crisp Apple: Naturally carbonated mineral water, with a light crisp apple flavoring added, being marketed at this event as a palate cleanser between tastings. Unsweetened. Also available caffeinated. 26oz - H$1

Citronola: Caramel-based cola with a twist of lemon, lime and grapefruit flavoring. Less sweet and more tart than most caramel-based colas, with more caffeine. 16oz - H$1
"Peruny the Eagle says it's like lightning in a bottle!"

Absintola: Based on the Royal Smertolinsky Farms' unique absinthe recipe, this licorice-&-herb flavored fortified malt beverage is pearlescent green, and contains absinthium (wormwood) and cannabis extract. 12% ABV, 24oz - H$3
"Stock your next party with Absintola! It makes the green fairy's clothes come off!"

Smertolina
Spokesperson

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Smertolina » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:03 am

CANONS OF ST. CHRISTOPHER'S CATHEDRAL, ARCHDIOCESE OF CRISTOFSLAZNY

A banner displayed a Roman cross and an Orthodox cross on either side of the title. The men and women inside wore buttoned, close-fitting black cassocks, some of them with black hooded loose gowns split up the front, sides and sleeves, some with black sashes or knotted cords around their waists, indicating if they had taken monastic vows or not. Several young women in just the fitted coats had their hair in short brush-cuts. The brewmaster, Canon Udo Borya, with his long black hair and light blue eyes, supervised the beer.

Posters and displays showed the elaborate art & architecture of St. Christopher's Cathedral and its surrounding sprawl of collonaded gardens & buildings. The city of Cristofslazny consists mostly of light-colored medieval & baroque buildings not more than 5 or 6 stories tall, and the skyline is dominated by the huge, dark stone towers, buttresses and green copper domes of St. Christopher's.

The pictures show that, inside and out, the cathedral is adorned with statuary depicting martyrs, saints, angels and allegorical figures, chief among them a muscular wolf-headed man holding the Christ-child on his shoulder. Modern western Protestants often found surprising the sensual nudity with which allegorical virtues, muses, pagan gods and female-bodied angels were depicted.

The menu read "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

BISHOP'S SUPPER BOCK: Brown with an enormous, expansive white head, this has a mouth-filling malty, buttery flavor described as being like drinking fresh-baked bread. 3oz Samples - H$2. 8oz 1/2 pint glasses - H$4. 16oz pints - H$6.25. 64oz growler - H$20. The Bishop's Supper Bock won first place in the Bock/Dunkel/Marzen category at last year's Festival, and was very popular.

ST. CHRISTOPHER'S CATACOMBS PREMIUM STOUT: As black as paint with a brown head, this barrel-aged stout is richly earthy, smoky, peaty and just slightly sweet, with a long-lingering smoky finish so earthy some have described it as being almost like drinking a fine cigar or pipe tobacco. 3oz H$3, 12oz H$7, no growlers

The tall, pale, hairless, skeletally emaciated Archbishop Vlad Orlock arranged a display of rosaries for sale, of glittering Smertolinan crystal and colored glass, cedar, sandalwood, or clay infused with rosewater or frankincense and myrrh. The display included pamphlets on praying the rosary, Chistian meditation and contemplative prayer. There was also information about the cathedral's internet podcasts with which one could follow along with the canons' daily cycle of prayers, chants and scripture readings.

Smertolina
Spokesperson

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Smertolina » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:34 am

ROYAL SMERTOLINSKY FARMS

The tent displayed posters of the fields, gardens, stables, and food and alcohol production facilities with Smertolina's mountains in the background, as well as the countryside medieval castle of the Old Serene Palace (differentiated from the government offices and primary monarch residence of the New Serene Palace in Cristofslazny, completed in 1800).

For sale, entered in this year's competition:

SLIVAMEDA PLUM MEAD: Honey from Royal Smertolinsky Farms' beehives (noted for its floral and herbal tones) is fermented with a combination of sweet and tart plum species to produce a fruit mead that is crisp rather than cloying: 3oz tasting H$2, 8oz glass H$4, 750ml bottle H$15

The tent also showcased additional, non-competition alcohols produced by the Royal Smertolinsky Farms, as if there wasn't enough alcohol at the festival already:

Ice Princess winter grain vodka. The label shows a painting of Princess Martina in a white uniform, overcoat and fur hat, in a snowstorm, accompanied by wolves: 1.5oz shot H$2, 750ml bottle H$28

Orli Shlivovino plum wine. The label shows a painting of the green mountain valley of Royal Smertolinsky Farms: 3oz tasting H$2, 8oz glass H$4, 750ml bottle H$12

Opoyeny Absinty; Franco-Suisse style distilled absinthe, with natural green herbal coloring, aged in settling tanks. In addition to standard herbs, a special recipe of additional herbs including mountain wildflowers and cannabis. Licorice and herb flavor, with floral tones and a pungency from the cannabis. 72% ABV, contains thujone and cannabis. The label shows a painting of a green-skinned nymph wearing nothing but dark green Victorian stockings and shoes. This was enormously popular at last year's festival. Serving of reservoir glass with 1.5oz absinthe plus water and sugar H$4, 750ml bottle H$35

Smertolina
Spokesperson

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Smertolina » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:58 am

SMERTOLINA DAIRY FARMERS' ASSOCIATION

Pots and grills inside ready the food. Wenches in low-cut white blouses with brightly embroidered black bodices and skirts serve, and were kept very busy last year bringing diners beer and liquor from Smertolina's other tents for extra tips. The menu reads:

Smertolinan Kilbasa: Large beef & pork sausage made with herbs & garlic, partially boiled in beer and finished on a grill, served with grilled onions. Available condiments include Dijon mustard, sweet brown mustard, spicy paprika mustard, and dense, flavorful Smertolinan sour cream. - H$4

Fresh-Baked Barm Bread: Bread baked with ale barm instead of baker's yeast, served with a large slab of butter, or used as a bun for the kilbasa. -H$1

Potato Pirozhy: Dumplings filled with potato seasoned with black pepper & paprika - H$2

Dessert Pirozhy: Dumplings filled with plum jelly. - H$1

Fried Cheese: Soft, spicy Smertolinan "Korensky" cheese, pickled in onion, garlic & peppers, then breaded and fried. - H$3

The tent also offers plates of a wide variety of cheeses for tasting, at H$6 for a selection of half a dozen, with suggestions for which cheeses might best complement different kinds of beers.

Amwestheim
Attaché

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Amwestheim » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:29 am

"NOOO!! Here not over there..." Mr. Keppel screamed at the set up staff
"Mr. Keppel..Mr. Keppel" Mr. Keppel's assistant said as she vied for his attention
"What is it?"
"Mr. Keppel the supplies have arrived and the truck drivers need your signature."
"Yes, very well, I shall be over there in a few...NO YOU IDIOT!!!! THAT GOES HERE!"
"Is he always like this?" asked a worker
"Unfortunately yes" said Mr Keppel's Assistant

A few hours later
"Ahh! Mr. Makaria, pleasure to see you again and welcome to our fabulous tent if I may say so myself." said Mr. Keppel in a sucking up kind of manner.
"Yes bot eet is not de tent dat wins us avords, Meester Keppel." said Apsdaaler Broúhuis Krp. CEO Januse Makaria

Beers: $1.42 a pint
  • Tropikijner, Pilsner/Light, 4th place 1st Alpen View (As Wheat)
  • Limited Edition Hulmeidren, Wheat
  • Weitezer, Wheat
  • Laajierdel, Lager, 4th place 1st Alpen View
  • NEW Revolutionary Coup, Lager
  • Medium Stout, Stout, Bronze 1st Alpen View
  • NEW Rembrandt Stout, Stout
Food: $1 a dish
  • Breiter: Spiced spiral bread sticks
  • Dutch Pretzels
  • Kosweb: Bits of egg and meat served with bread slices
  • Huljermeeton: Dutch influenced wild boar pâté seved with tropical seed and nut bread
WATER IS FREE
Last edited by Amwestheim on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Romberg
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Romberg » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:16 am

Neu Engollon wrote:CELL PHONE CONVERSATION BETWEEN MINISTERS RIGOLBERTO AND LEVSKY VON RAVENHOLM

"Ah, Göten dag to you, sir. Yes. Thank you for calling. Well nothing so formal, Minister Levsky von Ravenholm. More of a drop in and we can walk the grounds and grab some beers, or...I do have a spot in the Government Pavilion Box, so we can sit in some comfort and watch the proceedings below us, but maybe talk about strengthening financial ties between our nations. In fact, if you want, I will just leave a note with security to let you up to the Government box. I will definitely be there tomorrow, after that, I'm not so sure, but I hope to drop in another day."

"Well, that would be great. I can't stay at the festival too long either, and I'd have to catch a flight back home the day after tomorrow, but sure, we should meet up tomorrow."

With the agreement down, Fritz then noted it on his schedule and then started supervising the construction of the Rombergian tent.
(OOC: I'll be away for 2 weeks starting in a few days, so preparing myself ICly for my absence.)

The Next Day

Thanks to the mobilization of many workers, and Fritz's plans, the Rombergian components were all ready to be transported to the festival by truck. They were modified from the standard displays used in trade fairs that Romberg would enter in, but with the modifications, they suited the Beer Festival rather well. All it took was the next scheduled flight from Romberg to Neu Engollon for everything to be in place. The food too was ready, having ordered slightly earlier, and on its way, fresh, in freezer containers transported by plane to Romberg. Nothing was processed, and would be cooked on the spot. It would take much more time and effort, but the taste would be worth it.

Even just a few hours before the gates would be opened to the public, the crew were still working hard on the stall. Outside, it looked rather subtle. It was basically just one large green circus tent, re-used from Oktoberfest back in Romberg. But inside, it was a different story. Above the entrance, on green cloth and in large gold letters, read "Welcome to the Imperial Realm of Romberg", and in smaller letters, "Brought to You by the Rombergian Union of Breweries". The tent itself was separated into a left half and a right half, with a huge scale model of the Ålberg range of Romberg dividing the two sides. On the left would be the warmer South, used to sell food, while on the right would be the cooler North, used to sell alcohol. The Reichtenberg highlands would house the VIP seats, as well as the safe used to store the cash. Finally, through this separation were three large openings linking the two halves, apart from the main entrances, representing the Western border that Romberg has, the Pavlovo canal, as well as the Jarlsberg pass. Inside, built into the scale model were grills, ovens and other cooking implements on the left, while on the right were large kegs and assorted cocktail making equipment. The stage was now set for the Beer Festival, with the different alcohol products and foodstuffs imported from Romberg already attached to their respective locations, ready for throngs of eager customers to purchase. Instead of a menu though, since the concept of the Rombergian stall was to introduce Romberg as a nation as well as express its alcohol culture, a small mini-passport was given to each person who would enter the Rombergian stall.

(OOC: I'll take a break from this rather long post, and include the contents of the passport, including the pricing, food items, and alcohol descriptions in my next post.)
Last edited by Romberg on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of Astyria.

New Zepuha
Minister

Founded: Dec 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Zepuha » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:25 am

[Sorry for being so late on this.]
Set Up Day One

A single bus followed by a movers truck came down the road towards the Alpen Beer festival, plastered on the side of the truck was the Imperial Aquila with a harp behind it, reading. New Zepuha Imperial Navy Band since 1974. The bus stopped short of the gates ahead of them, steam spraying out as the bus knelt forward to allow the manager to get off and talk to a local worker or someone of the sort. "Excuse me, I am Cmdr.O'Reilly, the leader of this band, I need to know where to set up?" he said listening to the man for a few moments and nodded having been directed to set up on stage. The buss moved on an disgorged it's passengers as a stage crew began to unload the heavier of instruments.

[This section is a placeholder for my post when our performance time comes about.]
Performance Day

Small groups of men in white tailed tuxedos, military ribbons and medals hanging from their chests black bow ties and various instruments clutched in hand. Senior Bandsmen Cmdr.O'reilly was up on stage arranging the conductors podium to where he could see the entire band well enough to conduct. He himself was wearing his military dress tuxedo of the Navy's traditional performance white. He then turned to the mingling band members. "Alright, I haven't been given an official time but prepare your music, Fairest of the Fair is up first!" he said clapping his hands. "Let's get prepared, though we may have time to walk about." he said opening his conductors book to the given sheet of music. The performers bustled about the stage setting up paper on stands and laying instruments in chairs, the occasionally tuning note could be heard or a trumpet warming his face up. It was a great day to play.
Last edited by New Zepuha on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
| Mallorea and Riva should resign | Sic Semper Tyrannis |
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $1372 ($337 with sales)
  • Games owned: 106
  • Games not played: 34 (32%)
  • Hours on record: 2,471h

Likes: Libertarians, Law Enforcement, NATO, Shinzo Abe, Taiwan, Angele Merkel, Ron Paul, Israel, Bernie Sanders
Dislikes: Russia, Palestine, Socialism, 'Feminism', Obama, Mitch Daniels, DHS, Mike Pence, UN

[13:31] <Koyro> I want to be cremated, my ashes put into a howitzer shell and fired at the White House.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates