NATION

PASSWORD

Applications for Aurora! (Open, MT RPing Region, NO ALTS)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Norvenia
Minister

Founded: May 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Applications for Aurora! (Open, MT RPing Region, NO ALTS)

Postby Norvenia » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:35 pm

AURORA!

Aurora is a modern-tech, human-only, non-magical RPing region. We have an emphasis both on realistic, quality RPing, and upon giving players the freedom to RP in different ways to suit their own tastes and priorities. If you want fun, personalized RPs with good writing and appropriate realism, then Aurora is the place for you!

We are an open-minded region; we believe in letting players go their own ways, in letting each player find individual methods to make RPing fun for them. We do not believe in strict rules or requirements - but we do expect quality RPing, in all its individual variants. We leave the door open for RPs of all kinds, from character-driven romances to political intrigue to tense espionage to sweeping war. All are possible - if you want to be a part of them.

Aurora is what you make of it! So if you want a region that strikes that balance - that respects both player freedom and quality writing - then look no further. Aurora is for you!

We have few rules in Aurora; this is part of what makes us unique. Really, our only expectations are that you write well, that you RP regularly, and that you treat other players with cordiality and respect. This is a region where consideration and free cooperation are our watchwords. It is safe for people in Aurora to RP nations of all kinds - strong and weak, first-world and third-world - because no one will meddle in your affairs without your consent. So long as you are willing to RP well, and reasonably realistically - and you treat your fellow players well - then everything else is up to you. Find your own way, and make Aurora your own!

Below is an application. If you are interested in being a part of Aurora, please take a few minutes to fill it out. Where a description is asked, please provide at least a paragraph. Also check out our Regional News Thread, and see where you might want to be located on our map! And we'd love to see you stop by our IRC at #RegionAurora on Espernet, so we can get to know you better. Finally, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, don't hesitate to TG me, Norvenia. Welcome to Aurora!

Code: Select all
[spoiler=Application]
[b]Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Nation's Form of Government/Ideology:[/b]
[b]National Leader(s):[/b]
[b]Population of Nation (expect this to be under 100 million):[/b]
[b]Rough GDP of Nation:[/b]
[b]Description of Nation's Culture(s) and Religion(s):[/b]
[b]Rough Climate/Topography of Nation (to help determine where on the map you might want to be):[/b]
[b]Description of Nation's History:[/b]
[b]Description of Nation's Economy (include HDI considerations):[/b]
[b]Description of Nation's Military:[/b]
[b]Description of Nation's Expected Geopolitical Role in Aurora:[/b]
[b]Description of Nation's Greatest Flaws/Challenges (these must be real, significant, and problematic):[/b]
[b]Roleplaying Example [i][Note: this is VERY IMPORTANT. A sample must be at least 3 paragraphs, well-written, with proper spelling and grammar. The more samples, the better. If you have written nothing that matches these criteria, please write a new sample here that does.][/i]:[/b]
[b]Notes [i][Questions, comments, requests, etc.][/i]:[/b]
[/spoiler]
Last edited by Norvenia on Sun May 25, 2014 1:19 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Bratoslovoukia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bratoslovoukia » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:26 pm

Bump.
Bratoslovoukia,a land untouched by the horrors of tyranny of the majority...until now.
Tourism|Embassies In: New Edom|Bratvit Standard Petroleum and Carbon Corporation|Bratoslovoukian Embassy Exchange Program|

First Valerian Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby First Valerian Empire » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:16 pm

OoC: I'm a fan of the name so I'll see what you guys are about

Nation Name:
Proper:The First Valyrian Empire
Informal:The Valyrian Empire, The Empire
Nation's Form of Government/Ideology:Constitutional Monarchy
National Leader(s):Napoleon I,Imperial Family,Senate
Brief Description of Nation's Culture(s): Imagine if Ultra-Conservative Catholics got their own island version of Israel, that's essentially Valyria in a nutshell. The majority of the nation is devoutly or at least non-practicing Catholics and there is no real separation of Church and state.The Homeland and Colonies possess a wealthy and open aristocracy and any attempts to secularize or ''Republicanize'' the Empire is met with violence. Latin is the nation's official language with English and French being the second and third most common languages respectively.
Brief Description of Nation's Religion(s): Catholicism is the nation's dominant religion with Protestantism coming in third and with Islam and Judaism being tied for third place.The Oriental Religions/Ideologies are banned/discouraged. Seperation of Church and State being a joke in Valyria to say the least.
Rough Climate/Topography of Nation (to help determine where on the map you might want to be):Valyria is a massive island in the middle of the sea with the central plains being flanked on the west and east by mountain ranges with the homeland's major rivers running north to south through the center.(Look at our flag, the open circle being the mountains and the vertical part of the cross being the rivers.
Additional Description of Nation (economics, recent history, major characters, special quicks, etc.):The Original Valyrian Dynasty has been restored under Napoleon I, who has aligned the nation with the more reactionary and conservative members of the Catholic Church as well as making his Imperial Ambitions very well known.
Roleplaying Example [Note: this is VERY IMPORTANT. A sample must be at least 3 paragraphs, well-written, with proper spelling and grammar. The more samples, the better. If you have written nothing that matches these criteria, please write a new sample here that does.]:Foreign Affair v2-The paragraph numbers varying from 2-6 randomly.
Byzantine Conflict v2-not my best but a more recent example

Byzantine Conflict v1-again not my best but more recent
Notes [Questions, comments, requests, etc.]:More samples can be provided on request.
The Valyrian Imperium
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩۩۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
''Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principles which direct them.''

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:40 am

We'll consult and take your application under consideration.

Visaire
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Visaire » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:40 pm

Nation Name: The Most Holy and Serene Empire of Visaire
Nation's Form of Government/Ideology: Patuyaha, or "fatherland", is a politically loaded word in the Visairese language which stands for the ideology of the Empire. Its main tenets are that the Emperor is divinely inspired and that all parts of society must operate in unity.
National Leader(s): Emperor Akira
Brief Description of Nation's Culture(s): The Visairese culture is a unique one, OOCly inspired by Japan.
Brief Description of Nation's Religion(s): The Imperial Cult is the official religion of the Empire, with the emperor being both the ultimate secular and spiritual authority.
Rough Climate/Topography of Nation (to help determine where on the map you might want to be): Humid subtropical climate, island nation with lush mountains dominating some of the larger islands. It is a geographically long island chain.
Additional Description of Nation (economics, recent history, major characters, special quicks, etc.): Although the Visairese Empire has kept its culture highly isolated, at times, it can be internationalist.
Roleplaying Example [Note: this is VERY IMPORTANT. A sample must be at least 3 paragraphs, well-written, with proper spelling and grammar. The more samples, the better. If you have written nothing that matches these criteria, please write a new sample here that does.]: Republic Day Celebratory Dinner (My posts on this are of varying lenth)
Notes [Questions, comments, requests, etc.]: None, really. I hope to be accepted into this region so that I can spearhead my NS activity after being dormant for a long time.
The Most Holy and Serene Empire of Visaire
Takokeni Yen-dei (A true empire is mandated by Heaven)

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:58 pm

Thank you for your application. We'll consult and get back to you. I'll likely have some questions to ask by TG. We appreciate your time!

The Cookish States
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Visaire wrote:
Nation's Form of Government/Ideology: Patuyaha, or "fatherland", is a politically loaded word in the Visairese language which stands for the ideology of the Empire. Its main tenets are that the Emperor is divinely inspired and that all parts of society must operate in unity.
Brief Description of Nation's Culture(s): The Visairese culture is a unique one, OOCly inspired by Japan.
Brief Description of Nation's Religion(s): The Imperial Cult is the official religion of the Empire, with the emperor being both the ultimate secular and spiritual authority.
Rough Climate/Topography of Nation (to help determine where on the map you might want to be): Humid subtropical climate, island nation with lush mountains dominating some of the larger islands. It is a geographically long island chain.
Additional Description of Nation (economics, recent history, major characters, special quicks, etc.): Although the Visairese Empire has kept its culture highly isolated, at times, it can be internationalist.
Roleplaying Example [Note: this is VERY IMPORTANT. A sample must be at least 3 paragraphs, well-written, with proper spelling and grammar. The more samples, the better. If you have written nothing that matches these criteria, please write a new sample here that does.]: Republic Day Celebratory Dinner (My posts on this are of varying lenth)
Notes [Questions, comments, requests, etc.]: None, really. I hope to be accepted into this region so that I can spearhead my NS activity after being dormant for a long time.

I'd like to see some more RP samples, but instead of having you scour something from your posts, just try writing a quick character description (new character) and a communique your government would send if, say, The Cookish States were stricken by a horrible earthquake which killed thousands.
Oh, is this sig supposed to make you laugh?

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:11 pm

So, I take it this region will encourage realistic populations?
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Bratoslovoukia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bratoslovoukia » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:27 am

Yes, it will.
Bratoslovoukia,a land untouched by the horrors of tyranny of the majority...until now.
Tourism|Embassies In: New Edom|Bratvit Standard Petroleum and Carbon Corporation|Bratoslovoukian Embassy Exchange Program|

Visaire
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Visaire » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:22 am

The Cookish States wrote:
Visaire wrote:

I'd like to see some more RP samples, but instead of having you scour something from your posts, just try writing a quick character description (new character) and a communique your government would send if, say, The Cookish States were stricken by a horrible earthquake which killed thousands.

Takehiko Yoshida is a prominent leader within the Imperial Visairese Armed Forces. He was born in 1948, and he enlisted in the military in 1971 when a republican uprising threatened the integrity of the monarchy. Although he offered to become a suicide bomber, this was never necessary as the leader of the rebels was captured and executed, bringing an abrupt end to the war. He lives in Ryoshū (as is common with government/military leaders) and is not married. Currently, Yoshida is in charge of the ongoing invasion of Segland to expand the empire, gain resources, and retrieve a religious artifact deemed to be of extreme importance by the imperial cult.

I am horribly sorry to hear of the massive earthquake that struck your nation. In 1995, our own country was damaged by an 8.0 magnitude earthquake, killing over 3,000 civilians. Therefore we understand the shock that your nation may be currently suffering from.

Our emperor blesses the Cookish States in these difficult times. If there is major damage, please accept a small amount of Visairese workers to assist in the rebuilding process. We strive for friendship with all nations, and we will not fail to stand alongside you when your nation is struck by natural disaster.

Signed,
Satoru Yamako

Approved by,
Emperor Akira
Takokeni Yen-dei (A true empire is mandated by Heaven)

The Cookish States
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:45 pm

I can dig it. Seeing Norv's approval onthe RMB means you need only ask him for the password and strive to improve your writing even more, you should fit in nicely and we look forward to having you with us
Oh, is this sig supposed to make you laugh?

Kalumba
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:36 am

I agree with Cooke, I look forward to RPing with you soon.

Also shameless bump
Unilateral Declaration of Indifference viewtopic.php?f=23&t=111178 - Honestly Kalumba has no interest in you or your problems.
Looking for a PMT RP, no godmoding, etc. Come and help Zimbabwe-Rhodesia defeat the Soviets in Africa viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116682
The Colonial Crisis viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138755
-St George wrote:Pedantry, thy name is Kalumba.
San-Silvacian wrote:
Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.

Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.

Baptism of Fire 43 Champions
A Luta Continua

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:00 am

Then we are agreed. Welcome, Visaire!

Tennai
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Tennai » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:23 pm

Redacted.
Last edited by Tennai on Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kalumba
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:31 pm

A couple of quick questions:

1. What size of population are you thinking of having?
2. How big a nation are you looking at?
3. Regarding 2, do you need all those climates? Just unless you are a massive nation it would be quite hard to have all those in one.
Unilateral Declaration of Indifference viewtopic.php?f=23&t=111178 - Honestly Kalumba has no interest in you or your problems.
Looking for a PMT RP, no godmoding, etc. Come and help Zimbabwe-Rhodesia defeat the Soviets in Africa viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116682
The Colonial Crisis viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138755
-St George wrote:Pedantry, thy name is Kalumba.
San-Silvacian wrote:
Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.

Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.

Baptism of Fire 43 Champions
A Luta Continua

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:05 pm

I don't know, Kalumba. Microclimates are quite common IRL. You can find almost all of those climates (except tropical/subtropical) in, say, Iran - which is not an absurdly large country. But you should know, Tennai, that we do use realistic nation sizes and populations, and we encourage players to explore a variety of RP styles - not everyone can be a superpower. If that's all right with you, and if you're open to taking advice from more experienced writers, then I see no reason why you wouldn't be welcome.

Tennai
Bureaucrat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Tennai » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:13 pm

Redacted
Last edited by Tennai on Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:16 pm

Are you guys cool with colonies?
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:16 pm

Prem: Maybe. There's a tendency for players with colonies to use their mother country to lean in as a kind of extraregional superpower, and that I am not cool with: it messes up the balance of power within the region. If the colony is genuinely autonomous, however - or if the mother country refrains from throwing its weight around - I have no objections. I can't speak for all of us, but that's my position.

Tennai: okay, then. We'll consult, and get back to you, but personally I see no reason why you wouldn't be a great addition to the region. Thanks for applying!

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:26 pm

Norvenia wrote:Prem: Maybe. There's a tendency for players with colonies to use their mother country to lean in as a kind of extraregional superpower, and that I am not cool with: it messes up the balance of power within the region. If the colony is genuinely autonomous, however - or if the mother country refrains from throwing its weight around - I have no objections. I can't speak for all of us, but that's my position.

I never quite understood the how that was possible given the extreme distances between regions.
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:26 pm

Premislyd wrote:
Norvenia wrote:Prem: Maybe. There's a tendency for players with colonies to use their mother country to lean in as a kind of extraregional superpower, and that I am not cool with: it messes up the balance of power within the region. If the colony is genuinely autonomous, however - or if the mother country refrains from throwing its weight around - I have no objections. I can't speak for all of us, but that's my position.

I never quite understood the how that was possible given the extreme distances between regions.

Yet it seems to happen all the time. Tell me, then: what did you have in mind?

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:35 pm

Norvenia wrote:
Premislyd wrote:

More or less a small(ish) overseas territory for the sole purpose of allowing a more practical approach to building relations with the Auroran people.

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:39 pm

Premislyd wrote:
Norvenia wrote:

More or less a small(ish) overseas territory for the sole purpose of allowing a more practical approach to building relations with the Auroran people.

Well, we'll talk. But I trust you not to use this as the thin end of the wedge to throw your weight around Aurora, so I don't see a problem. It would give us the opportunity for some fun terrorism/counterterrorism RPing, too. We'll discuss and get back to you.

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:41 pm

Norvenia wrote:
Premislyd wrote:

Well, we'll talk. But I trust you not to use this as the thin end of the wedge to throw your weight around Aurora, so I don't see a problem. It would give us the opportunity for some fun terrorism/counterterrorism RPing, too. We'll discuss and get back to you.

Fair enough.

Tennai
Bureaucrat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Tennai » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:25 am

Redacted
Last edited by Tennai on Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information