NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life - IC Part IV

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:17 pm

Ceril sipped his coffee. "I'll explain....

“Long before the universe was created, there were higher beings; they are more powerful than gods. The creation beings such as Pearlelei and Elohim, fashioned the universe and formed the cosmic strings. The destruction beings, as their name implies, destroy the cosmic strings. The middle set is chaos that warbles between creation and destruction and maintains balance. All three types are essential and there are many of them.

“These higher beings splintered themselves. Some bore offspring while others formed new beings. We call them gods. Giovennith is an example of a born splinter; a child of a higher being. She retains knowledge of her mother. Swith is splinter of a formed god and he, like most formed gods, does not remember the higher being he came from.

“Think of a cup of coffee. All the universe is contained in the cup. If you stick your finger in the cup, you are entering the universe as a higher being. The more fingers, the more of you is in the universe. Now imagine the fingers forgot they’re part of a hand. They assume they are the “final stop”, the highest form of god.

“Swith chanced upon the knowledge of greater beings. She somehow taps into that greater being. She discovered that the four gods of her pantheon (five if you count the one who runs around trying to destroy them) are part of the same hand. She spoke her discovery to the four gods and they called it heresy. One of those gods, probably the eldest, struck her down, destroyed her body (matrix) and cast aside the box containing more matrix. He hoped her spiritual essence, lacking a matrix, would fade away. Problem solved.

“Then one of them got to thinking, What if she’s right? What if I can harness that power?"

He paused and allowed them to process what he'd said.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Dabfia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Dabfia » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:19 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:Purple light flared out from the rattlesnakes on Dora's shoulders and the room was obscured. When it cleared, she had disappeared.

"Dora?" Kei mumbled, half asleep when the form inside of the cocoon vanished. She figured it was Dora's doing and decided to go make some food.

"Are you the one they call....Kei?" The same soldier as before said, appearing.
Behold! this is still a signature
Mother: Swith Witherward
Father: Bone Fort
Sisters: Monfrox, Giovenith, Tsuyoi tekikoku
Brother: The BranRiech,
Uncles: The New Velociraptor Empire, Tiltjuice
Grandpa: Germanic Templars

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:21 pm

Bran and Natiya nodded, both expecting a long explanation with random jargon. "And where do we come in?" Bran raised his hand.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:23 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Bran and Natiya nodded, both expecting a long explanation with random jargon. "And where do we come in?" Bran raised his hand.

"Swith’s matrix is the key. It comes from outside the coffee cup. It can be broken apart and used to touch and possibly control the higher being. It’s useless to them if she inhabits it. We must find that matrix and return it so she can possess it. We must beat the other god to it. We’re going up against Chaos itself.

"The greater being that fashioned these four gods is apathetic and sleeping. They believe he’s an easy target. They don’t understand what would happen if they tried to overpower him. The greater being would sever his hand, rendering the gods useless. Chaos keeps balance; no balance means either creation or destruction would win. Destruction has gained considerable power. Our coffee cup would be destroyed and us with it.

"This group is the only thing standing between the universe we love and nonexistence."
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:23 pm

Torii sat behind the others while Ceril explained.

"Gods, no gods, don't matter to me. I just need orders.", She said, sharpening a large knife. Several box magazines lay on the floor behind her.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:24 pm

Giovenith raised her hand. "They will try to kill us, no? Would they be coming in spiritual vibes, or would they some physical form?" It was a rather dark question, but a fair one.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:26 pm

Giovenith wrote:Giovenith raised her hand. "They will try to kill us, no? Would they be coming in spiritual vibes, or would they some physical form?" It was a rather dark question, but a fair one.

"Both. That's where you come in. You feel what others don't. You hear with ears that know sounds mortals will never hear, and you see with eyes blessed by a higher being herself. We need you to guide us. And we also have this," he held up the journal.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:27 pm

"Got it." Bran nodded, secretly hoping Kei would have a statue built of him for helping save the universe.

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:28 pm

Cerillium wrote:
The BranRiech wrote:Bran and Natiya nodded, both expecting a long explanation with random jargon. "And where do we come in?" Bran raised his hand.

"Swith’s matrix is the key. It comes from outside the coffee cup. It can be broken apart and used to touch and possibly control the higher being. It’s useless to them if she inhabits it. We must find that matrix and return it so she can possess it. We must beat the other god to it. We’re going up against Chaos itself.

"The greater being that fashioned these four gods is apathetic and sleeping. They believe he’s an easy target. They don’t understand what would happen if they tried to overpower him. The greater being would sever his hand, rendering the gods useless. Chaos keeps balance; no balance means either creation or destruction would win. Destruction has gained considerable power. Our coffee cup would be destroyed and us with it.

"This group is the only thing standing between the universe we love and nonexistence."

"I think we can do it. We have Earth's best and brightest right here." Neil said.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:29 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Giovenith wrote:Giovenith raised her hand. "They will try to kill us, no? Would they be coming in spiritual vibes, or would they some physical form?" It was a rather dark question, but a fair one.

"Both. That's where you come in. You feel what others don't. You hear with ears that know sounds mortals will never hear, and you see with eyes blessed by a higher being herself. We need you to guide us. And we also have this," he held up the journal.

She nodded, understanding. "I will try to do what I can."
she/her

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:32 pm

Ceril nodded at Neil. "Exactly. Some of the people here have been through hell and back before."

"I won't lie to anyone. This won't be easy. I've suffered under the cruelty of Chaos gods for a very long time. They can be compassionate and lighthearted or brutally sadistic. I may die. You may die. I will die in your place if it comes to that. The place we're going doesn't obey the laws of our world and it doesn't answer to humanity or reptility," he wasn't sure if that was the right word but he didn't want to exclude NVE's species.

"If any want to back out, I won't think poorly of you."

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:35 pm

Cerillium wrote:Ceril nodded at Neil. "Exactly. Some of the people here have been through hell and back before."

"I won't lie to anyone. This won't be easy. I've suffered under the cruelty of Chaos gods for a very long time. They can be compassionate and lighthearted or brutally sadistic. I may die. You may die. I will die in your place if it comes to that. The place we're going doesn't obey the laws of our world and it doesn't answer to humanity or reptility," he wasn't sure if that was the right word but he didn't want to exclude NVE's species.

After thinking for a bit, Giovenith answered. "I will not back out, Swith has been good to us, and she deserves our courage. I have seen what Chaos is capable of, but sometimes that's what needs to be experienced for things to get better. Horus only became King after proving himself against Set, a right of passage."
Last edited by Giovenith on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she/her

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:36 pm

Cerillium wrote:Ceril nodded at Neil. "Exactly. Some of the people here have been through hell and back before."

"I do not tell you how to excrete moisture from your stink glands, and I will thank you not to tell me how the manifold complexity of the universe works." Neil said gesturing wildly with his arms. "I am going no matter the risk." he added.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:37 pm

Giovenith wrote:
After thinking for a bit, Giovenith answered. "I will not back out, Swith has been good to us, and she deserves our courage. I have seen what Chaos is capable of, but sometimes that's what needs to be experienced for things to get better. Horus only became King after proving himself against Set, a right of passage."

"Nor will we." Natiya stated, patting her brother on the shoulder.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:37 pm

Dabfia wrote:
The BranRiech wrote:
"Dora?" Kei mumbled, half asleep when the form inside of the cocoon vanished. She figured it was Dora's doing and decided to go make some food.

"Are you the one they call....Kei?" The same soldier as before said, appearing.

"Who wants to know?" Kei asked, looking up from her food (Deja-Vu much?)

Dabfia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Dabfia » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:38 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
Dabfia wrote:"Are you the one they call....Kei?" The same soldier as before said, appearing.

"Who wants to know?" Kei asked, looking up from her food (Deja-Vu much?)

"Bruce Lee wants to know." Tony said, standing next to the soldier.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:39 pm

Giovenith wrote:After thinking for a bit, Giovenith answered. "I will not back out, Swith has been good to us, and she deserves our courage. I have seen what Chaos is capable of, but sometimes that's what needs to be experienced for things to get better. Horus only became King after proving himself against Set, a right of passage."

"A crucible that can't be refused if balance is to be kept," he gently spoke to Gio.

Ceril picked up his Bolter and added clips to his tac vest. "Does everyone have what they need? A word of caution: magical items may not work in the Void. The beings that created them may not be powerful enough. Satan himself would be as weak as a kitten. Fortune smiles upon us that Giovenith is the daughter of Pearlelei."

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:41 pm

Dabfia wrote:"Bruce Lee wants to know." Tony said, standing next to the soldier.

"I hate you . . ." Kei grumbled, pouring some Syrup on Tony.

--

Bran checked his rifle, the newest weapon from the Branriech. He gave Ceril a thumbs up while Natiya loaded some cells into her Laser pistol.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:43 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Giovenith wrote:After thinking for a bit, Giovenith answered. "I will not back out, Swith has been good to us, and she deserves our courage. I have seen what Chaos is capable of, but sometimes that's what needs to be experienced for things to get better. Horus only became King after proving himself against Set, a right of passage."

"A crucible that can't be refused if balance is to be kept," he gently spoke to Gio.

Ceril picked up his Bolter and added clips to his tac vest. "Does everyone have what they need? A word of caution: magical items may not work in the Void. The beings that created them may not be powerful enough. Satan himself would be as weak as a kitten. Fortune smiles upon us that Giovenith is the daughter of Pearlelei."

Neil looked at his suitcase. "I don't think I would need my Telluric Interchanger. My brain is all I really need." Neil said.

Dabfia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Dabfia » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:44 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
Dabfia wrote:"Bruce Lee wants to know." Tony said, standing next to the soldier.

"I hate you . . ." Kei grumbled, pouring some Syrup on Tony.

--

Bran checked his rifle, the newest weapon from the Branriech. He gave Ceril a thumbs up while Natiya loaded some cells into her Laser pistol.

The syrup explodes into confetti.
"All jokes aside, my boss would like to see you." Tony said.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:45 pm

Dabfia wrote:The syrup explodes into confetti.
"All jokes aside, my boss would like to see you." Tony said.

"Alright then, where is he?" Kei asked, the Waffles dissapearing into her stomach.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:47 pm

Torii raised up an older rifle, an FG-42. She loaded a small mag into it, put the knife at her side, and stood up.

"May I ask why a soldier is wanted? I assume we will be fighting quite a bit?"
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:48 pm

After a few daily chores, routines, and other things, Klanov and Samantha began to walk down to find the meeting place that Ceril told them about. Samantha had her page that Ceril gave her, and Klanov had maxed out on his equipment that he could carry.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:49 pm

Cerillium wrote:

"So what is the basic plan out?"
she/her

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:51 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:Torii raised up an older rifle, and FG-42. She loaded a small mag into it, put the knife at her side, and stood up.

"May I ask why a soldier is wanted? I assume we will be fighting quite a bit?"

"Believe it or not, bullets and tactics work better than lasers and magic," Ceril chuckled. "I'm expecting combat and a military, structured mind-set proves fatal to chaotic beings who can't grasp it. Of course, we also have to contend with other mortals the gods have sent after the matrix box. They bleed easily, I hope."

Ceril turned to Gio. "We go, we explore the Voidlands and inner planes, and we hopefully find the box and return alive. Time has no meaning there. We can spend a thousand years and not age a day, and still return no more than a few seconds after we left here."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse