NATION

PASSWORD

Christianity Is Banned!

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Namabia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 25, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Namabia » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:33 pm

Tybra wrote:Imperial Letter of Foreign Affairs

To: The Christian Theocracy of Namabia

The Holy Empire believes it should clarify the reasoning for this obvious banning of religion. the Wacko Dictatorship of San Franutsco is responding with this declaration to the banning of other religions; the Wacko Dictatorship of San Franutsco had as consequence lost all hope in Christians.

Declaring war on the Wacko Dictatorship of San Franutsco purely because the Christian Theocracy of Namabia is a Christian nation and sees itself as such; it would merely paint a bad image of Christians, surely one would not want that.

Rather then declaring war we suggest and strongly urge you seek a more diplomatic route and try to use diplomacy and debate to persuade the Wacko Dictatorship of San Franutsco to change its policy. going to war will cost heavily both in cost lives as reputation. War would only further aggravate the situation and might cause mass-genocide in San Franutsco.

Signed,

Lord C, Imperator of the Holy Empire of Tybra

Christian Theocracy of Namabia
Namabia's Leaders
To ban a religion and destroy all that Christians cherish and love then kick em out of the nation is cruel. I will not send troops unless necessary. Please understand that even though Namabia is Christian we aren't 100% Christian. We do not shove religion and faith down people's throats or force them to leave if they aren't Christian. But Namabia will stand against tyranny anyway you put it. If they are to comit genocide against Christianity, Namabia will have but no choice to send troops. We will wait on them and see. If they make one genocidal threat we will send troops.

Signed,

President Caleb of Namabia, Secretary of Defense of Namabia Michael, Foreign Minister of Affairs Johnson.
I am politically someone who is near the center of the scale.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:'Hate' is such a strong word. I just want to see him suffer. Is that so awful? :)

Strykyh wrote:I wasn't trying to be intelligent.

Big Jim P wrote:I have the right to personal self-defense, whether that necessitates a gun, a knife, my bare hands or a nuclear weapon.

Eizen
Spokesperson

Founded: Antiquity
Corporate Police State

Christianity Is Banned!

Postby Eizen » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:48 pm

An open letter from HIs Majesty, Eizen III:

The hypocrisy being demonstrated by the Christian Nations is laughable. Franutsco decides to remove Christianity from within its borders, and the good Christian soldiers prepare for war with absolutely no respect to that nation's sovereignty! Threatening war is a great way to convince this nation that it should treat your oversized cult with any sort of reverence. That is part of the reason why my predecessor, my father, banned all religion years ago. Not with an outright law, but by no longer subsidizing organized religion of any size and devoting said funds to Imperial health care and educational systems.

Namabia claims that Franutsco's actions are "cruel", and then goes on to justify its own actions as "necessary." Franutsco's intentions are to ban and deport all Christians, yet here we have the zealots in Namabia claiming genocide and preparing to mass troops in the holy and sanctified endeavour of overthrowing a sovereign government.

Any nation who supports military action against Franutsco, especially an invasion of that country, is sanctioning an attack on Franutscan Citizens, because how can any invasion of a soveriegn nation with hundreds of millions of people NOT affect the civilian population?

Still though, the citizens of Eizen also love to watch a good massacre. Embed some decent reporters when you decide to grow some stones and make good on your threats, the live feeds will be a ratings bonanza in my glorious nation.

New Azura
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby New Azura » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:12 pm

Eizen wrote:An open letter from HIs Majesty, Eizen III:

The hypocrisy being demonstrated by the Christian Nations is laughable. Franutsco decides to remove Christianity from within its borders, and the good Christian soldiers prepare for war with absolutely no respect to that nation's sovereignty! Threatening war is a great way to convince this nation that it should treat your oversized cult with any sort of reverence. That is part of the reason why my predecessor, my father, banned all religion years ago. Not with an outright law, but by no longer subsidizing organized religion of any size and devoting said funds to Imperial health care and educational systems.

Namabia claims that Franutsco's actions are "cruel", and then goes on to justify its own actions as "necessary." Franutsco's intentions are to ban and deport all Christians, yet here we have the zealots in Namabia claiming genocide and preparing to mass troops in the holy and sanctified endeavour of overthrowing a sovereign government.

Any nation who supports military action against Franutsco, especially an invasion of that country, is sanctioning an attack on Franutscan Citizens, because how can any invasion of a soveriegn nation with hundreds of millions of people NOT affect the civilian population?

Still though, the citizens of Eizen also love to watch a good massacre. Embed some decent reporters when you decide to grow some stones and make good on your threats, the live feeds will be a ratings bonanza in my glorious nation.

To His Majesty Eizen III:
If one were to examine the exchange of diplomatic communiqués being traded back and forth between relevant parties, one would understand that not all Christian nations among you now seek such a violent and dastardly course as open warfare. Nay, on the contrary, the most respected and diligent of sovereign leaders have argued for the cause you so vehemently uphold. As you will take note, my open proclamation to the governing body of San Franutsco clearly states that while such a horrendous breach of human rights cannot be ignored, we cannot unjustly render punishment nor recourse with respect to their sovereign right to govern themselves. The Royal Government of New Azura has taken flak from hard-line elements of zealots for our position, yet we stand by it with a firm resolve.
To grotesquely lump all Christian nations into one pitiable category, without bothering to examine the cross-flow of communication between all relevant parties here is truly disheartening in the least, and concerning to the last. The Royal Government of New Azura officially rebukes the King, Eizen III, for his lack of clarity in these matters. We would have expected more from a man of your stature. Nonetheless, we wish you well in your own personal affairs, and may peace be unto you.

His Majesty the King Has Declared It So,
This, the 29th Day of December in the Year of Our Lord, 2009.
May God Save the King and the Azuran Empire!

With the Utmost Respect and Concern for All,
The King, William VI of the House of Alexandros, His Majesty
Holy Restored Kingdom of New Azura and the Azuran Realm
Last edited by New Azura on Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEEVENGUARDOFAZURA
UNFIOREPERILCOLOSSO

FRIEND OF KRAVEN (2005-2023)KRAVEN PREVAILS!18 YEARS OF STORIES DELETED

THEDOMINIONOFTHEAZURANS
CAPITAL:RAEVENNADEMONYM:AZURGOVERNMENT:SYNDICAL REPUBLICLANGUAGE:AZURI

Her Graceful Excellence the Phaedra
CALIXTEIMARAUDER
By the Grace of the Lord God, the Daughter of Tsyion, Spirited Maiden, First Matron of House Vardanyan
Imperatrix of the Evenguard of Azura and Sovereign Over Her Dependencies, the Governess of Isaura
and the Defender of the Children of Azura

— Controlled Nations —
Artemis Noir, Dragua Sevua, Grand Ventana, Hanasaku, New Azura, Nova Secta and Xiahua

— Other Supported Regions —
Esvanovia (P/MT), Teremara (P/MT), The Local Cluster (FT)

— Roleplay Tech Levels —
[PT][MT][PMT][FT][FanT]

Great Venne
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Venne » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:22 pm

So, this is what it has come to, hatred, death,and now SANCTIONED VIOLENCE, THE MAJORITY DOES NOT DECIDE WHAT IS WRONG AND RIGHT,YOUR CONCIOUNS DOES

New Azura
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Azura » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:23 pm

Great Venne wrote:So, this is what it has come to, hatred, death,and now SANCTIONED VIOLENCE, THE MAJORITY DOES NOT DECIDE WHAT IS WRONG AND RIGHT,YOUR CONCIOUNS DOES

OOC: Uh, what?
THEEVENGUARDOFAZURA
UNFIOREPERILCOLOSSO

THEDOMINIONOFTHEAZURANS

CALIXTEIMARAUDER
By the Grace of the Lord God, the Daughter of Tsyion, Spirited Maiden, First Matron of House Vardanyan
Imperatrix of the Evenguard of Azura and Sovereign Over Her Dependencies, the Governess of Isaura

— Controlled Nations —
Artemis Noir, Dragua Sevua, Grand Ventana, Hanasaku, New Azura, Nova Secta and Xiahua

— Roleplay Tech Levels —
[PT][MT][PMT][FT][FanT]

Lubeck-Bremen-Hamburg
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lubeck-Bremen-Hamburg » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:28 pm

New Azura wrote:
Great Venne wrote:So, this is what it has come to, hatred, death,and now SANCTIONED VIOLENCE, THE MAJORITY DOES NOT DECIDE WHAT IS WRONG AND RIGHT,YOUR CONCIOUNS DOES

OOC: Uh, what?

OOC:

My guess is probably as informed as yours. For a start, Great Venne, was that IC or OOC?
ICly, my nation is known as the Holy League, or as Lübeck-Bremen-Hamburg. Thank you.

For those of you in the Please Stop Having Fun crowd who demand nothing but dry realism, save the energy you would spend typing scathing criticism and chastisement. It won't work.

~ Proud member-nation of the Any Tech RP Group

Pakictan
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pakictan » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:31 am

The Republic calls upon all the Nation to Stop banning religions. It is causing hostility in the world and its a completely undemocratic action.

Namabia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 25, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Namabia » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:06 am

Eizen wrote:An open letter from HIs Majesty, Eizen III:

Namabia Foreign Affairs Office

Sir maybe you did not understand,

Namabia will comit no genocide or genocidal war against the Islam. However we do think it is horrid to ban a religion just because you hate it. If Christianity is banned other religions will follow. Even though deporting the people to another place is ok, Namabia would like to ask. If you were watching sports one day and all of a sudden you hear knocking on the door, and its a soldier saying get out you've been banned. Than you see construction dozers plow down all you've owned and earned, you would be in shock. Namabia already said we will use troops as a last resort. We would like negotiations. Namabia has already said we 1. Respect Muslims 2. We will use the army as a last resort 3. Namabia does not support banning of religions, including the banning of Islam(<-see that thread). Now if you want to be hostile towards us you can but we have done nothing against the Islam or his nation.

Signed,
Foreign Affairs Johnson
I am politically someone who is near the center of the scale.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:'Hate' is such a strong word. I just want to see him suffer. Is that so awful? :)

Strykyh wrote:I wasn't trying to be intelligent.

Big Jim P wrote:I have the right to personal self-defense, whether that necessitates a gun, a knife, my bare hands or a nuclear weapon.

Assistan Wasteland
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Assistan Wasteland » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:14 am

New Azura wrote:To His Majesty Eizen III:
If one were to examine the exchange of diplomatic communiqués being traded back and forth between relevant parties, one would understand that not all Christian nations among you now seek such a violent and dastardly course as open warfare. Nay, on the contrary, the most respected and diligent of sovereign leaders have argued for the cause you so vehemently uphold. As you will take note, my open proclamation to the governing body of San Franutsco clearly states that while such a horrendous breach of human rights cannot be ignored, we cannot unjustly render punishment nor recourse with respect to their sovereign right to govern themselves. The Royal Government of New Azura has taken flak from hard-line elements of zealots for our position, yet we stand by it with a firm resolve.

Really? Let us examine then something you previously said:

If we deem that your country begins to infringe upon the human rights of your new "prisoners", then your sovereignty will be sacrificed in the eyes of our military. If we deem that a violation of basic human rights and decency is taking place in your prison camps, we retain the option to launch a full scale military attack in reprisal. You would be best served to take care of those who will soon find the Promised Land, by comparison of the Hellish nightmare your country has become.

Apparently your respect to their sovereignty is at the whim of your military. As I said, the people of Eizen enjoy watching a massacre regardless of the circumstances, but our almost completely atheist population can't help but find great comedy in this. Since when has the military of one nation (yours) been allowed to determine the legitimacy and sovereignty of a foreign government?

To grotesquely lump all Christian nations into one pitiable category, without bothering to examine the cross-flow of communication between all relevant parties here is truly disheartening in the least, and concerning to the last. The Royal Government of New Azura officially rebukes the King, Eizen III, for his lack of clarity in these matters. We would have expected more from a man of your stature. Nonetheless, we wish you well in your own personal affairs, and may peace be unto you.

The Emperor of Eizen responded to your "rebuke" earlier today by reading this message out loud today to his Inner Circle. It was a good laugh.

You yourselves have merely affirmed our impression of the oversized cult you misplace your faith in. As for our personal affairs? You would do well to pray to whateverever invisible being in the sky you want that we are not successful. Recently we burnt an entire population into a cinder within our own region. Pray that we decide not to intervene in extraregional affairs.

Bluth Corporation
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bluth Corporation » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:23 pm

In an event televised nationwide, Starting Quarterback Peyton Manning #18 climbed onto the dais and spoke:

Ladies and gentlemen, I am here today to inform you of some disturbing developments in San Franutsco. It was brought to my attention earlier today that the government of San Franutsco has announced that it plans to arrest and deport any practitioner of the Christian faith operating within its borders. Even though few of us here are Christian, and most of us--including, as you know, myself--are indeed atheists, any moral individual realizes that this is a gross violation of sacred natural individual rights. Many governments have spoken out, and rightly so, in condemnation of this barbaric act of tyranny. But almost without exception, they have hidden behind the concept of "national sovereignty" as an excuse to avoid taking any action to defend the rights of these unfortunate individuals within San Franutsco.

Ladies and gentlemen, I wish to take this opportunity to remind you of the Bluth Corporation government's firm and unwavering dedication to the principle we have proclaimed since we were first installed: the complete repudiation of the concept of "national sovereignty." I wish to remind not just my countrymen, but now the entire world and the government of San Franutsco in particular, that the government of The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation recognizes that sovereignty rests solely and exclusively with the individual; and that anyone, anywhere, in any position, under any circumstances, who violates the sovereignty of an individual is a mere criminal and absolutely must be brought to justice.

Ladies and gentlemen, know this: as the rest of the world has shown little spine in standing up for what they claim to believe in--as the rest of the world insists on hiding behind a blatantly false principle as an excuse for non-action--the government of The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation WILL bring the men and women operating in the government of San Franutsco to justice. Warrants for their arrest have already been sworn out, and at the earliest possible convenience they will be brought back to Bluth Corporation to, if evidence warrants, face trial in our courts on charges of Unjustified Violence Against the Person and the Mind, as provided for under the Criminal Code of The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation.

Ladies and gentlemen, these common criminals will be brought to justice, and this gross violation of sacred natural individual rights will not be permitted to stand. Thank you, and good day.
The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation
Capital: Newport Beach, Shostakovich | Starting Quarterback: Peyton Manning #18 | Company President: Michael Bluth

Champions of: World Bowl X

You should really be using Slackware

East Lithuania
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 20, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby East Lithuania » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:15 pm

OFFICIAL WORD FROM DICTATOR SCHARFETTER OF EAST LITHUANIA.

To all who are concerned;

Dictator Scharfetter has decided to speak on the issue before the world at this time. The issue of banning religions of any size is always an issue which is always begging for war, and it is only through intellectual discussion that these matters can be resolved.

To start, we do not approve of the actions taken by San Franutsco. It is horrible for a government to decide how people can think, no matter the side they preach. The actions taken by San Franutsco is of more concern, for incarcerating people for their beliefs is a crime against humanity that any man of any faith or intellect can agree upon. It is of that reason that we plead, no, DEMAND that any Christian that is being incarcerated simply because of their beliefs be lifted to the sanctity of East Lithuania immediatly. Any disagreement will result in numorous consequences, at most a blockade of San Franutsco and an immediate mission to try it's leader for crimes against humanity. If cost is a factor we will pay for lift, so that by NO means can our request be denied.

However, he would like to address all nations of Christian alliances that seek war upon San Franutsco. Could that decision be any further from the teachings of your messiah? Turning the other cheek and cutting off all ties with this nation is the most respectable way to act in this occurance. It is because of this that we pledge support to the sovereignty of San Franutsco and will provide aid to the nation if any nation decides to take military action upon this nation.

Secretary Rangel

Eat Lithuanian Communications Officer.
Last edited by East Lithuania on Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great Bryton
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Bryton » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:21 pm

Good! Soon Armageddon will come, and you'll disappear with it!

Oh, and by the way:

CEILING CAT AND HIS NATION OF GREAT BRYTON CONDEMNS YOU!
*/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
l、゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ
Old Kitteh in The Church of Ceiling Cat
-------------------------------------------------
How soon is now?

Kirav
Minister

Founded: Sep 07, 2006
Capitalizt

Postby Kirav » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:39 pm

Kiravian Empire

Permisit Astrav Sublèucit

Imperial Secriat of State

Foreign Affairs Office

The Kiravian Empire has, quite frankly, had enough of this religion-banning spree that has spread among the world's smaller nations.

In accordance with the Genocide Act of 21199 C.C., the Kiravian Empire hereby officially precludes the creation of any relationship, diplomatic or commercial, to Franutsco until the discriminatory policies in that state are rescinded, and the proper compensation is granted to the victims.

In addition, the Imperial Cambrium has voted to allow, for the first time, the granting of Refugee Visas for those fleeing oppression in their homelands, as a means of providing them temporary asylum until they can be relocated elsewhere.

The Christians of Franutsco are welcome to apply for these Refugee Visas, but they should note that a Refugee Visa does not entitle its bearer to Permanent Resident Status or Kiravian nationality.
Last edited by Kirav on Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:18 pm

BrightonBurg wrote:/threadfail

OOC: This is as much fail as the ones that banned Buddhism, Islam, and Hinduism.

But anyways,

IC: Although we condemn you for the banning of Christianity, we would like to ask you why. Why is this religion bad? Although a rather large portion of Christians may be fundies, this is no reason to ban it and ruin the fun for everybody else.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

Bluth Corporation
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bluth Corporation » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:20 pm

OOC: I'm afraid the OP might never show up again...which is a shame, because I had some pretty epic ideas on where to take this...
The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation
Capital: Newport Beach, Shostakovich | Starting Quarterback: Peyton Manning #18 | Company President: Michael Bluth

Champions of: World Bowl X

You should really be using Slackware

Tempest Island
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tempest Island » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:37 pm

Tempest Islands' primary news network did a report on the issue with its citizens.

To the San Franutscan Government, and people...

We, the people of the Armed Republic of Tempest Island, declare that the dis-owned Christians be allowed back into their home country.
Or, our Armed Forces will declare an immediate and terrible war on San Franutscan.

-We, the people, wait for an urgent response.

Eizen
Spokesperson

Corporate Police State

Postby Eizen » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:18 pm

Courtesy of the Imperial Comedy Network, an excerpt from "Laffin' At Foreigners":

...so the nation of Tempest Island started getting in on the Christian Nutjob bandwagon trying to take out San Franutscan. Did you see this? Yes apparently they have pledged BOTH of their soldiers to the international coalition, assuming of course that the soldiers can get a ride to the battlefront in the government's only military vehicle, a refurbished Buick Roadmaster.

*crowd laughs*

Of course some people in the country are upset because without their dynamic duo of military might at home the nation will suffer from an epidemic of skateboarding teenagers. But there is hope amongst pro-war members of Tempest Island's government that this will boost their presence in the international WOODCHIP EXPORTS industry.

*crowd laughs*

Wait...wait...that's not even the joke! No it's true, they are somewhat well known for their wood chip exports. No, you know what, I had a whole line of "Tempest ISlanders are beavers" jokes all ready to go but apparently I don't need to go into any more detail to get a laugh out of you folks.

But what do citizens here in the Empire think of all this chaos? Well one of our most outspoken citizens is actually a bondage queen who thinks that Jesus meant something completely different when he said "turn the other cheek." Apparently it has something to do with wanting a vicious spanking, something that many religious conservatives will never admit to wanting but come on!

*crowd roars hysterically*

One last bit of news before I introduce our first guest, with the recent religious turmoil we here at "Laffin at Foreigners" have decided to take an unusually helpful stance at circumventing these bans for followers. What we've done is rebranded several major religions so that followers can still practice, just not under the original name. Of course if any nation catches on and bands these rebrandings it means out show is wildly popular and i'll be getting a raise shortly thereafter.

Old Name: Christianity
New Name: Supermanity

Yes we can ascribe many miraculous feats to the fictional characters of Jesus and Superman, but how many times did Jesus ever move the Earth out of orbit? Former Christians can now claim far more miracles at the hands of their savior while also getting a new issue of the bible in full color every few weeks. And whenever you hear the phrase "Kneel BEfore Zod", just pretend like you heard "God" instead and nod with a wink.

Old Name: Judaisim
New Name: Baconism

Do what you normally do, but eat lots of turkey bacon, acting like its pork. Nobody will actually think you're jewish with so much bacon consumption on display.

Old Name: Bhuddism
New Name: Laidbackism

Switch the robes out for some cargo shorts and a t shirt, maybe go a little longer between haircuts and remain at one with the universe as normal.

Old Name: Islam
New Name: TotallyPeaceLovingNotInherentlyViolentLam

Look sometimes you don't need to do anything different except change the name so the dummkopfs who have assigned your old religion name to a different meaning have less to go by.

Old Name: Atheism
New Name: Nothingism

Because its impossible to believe in nothing because nothing is something! I mean...surely you can't believe in NOTHING???????

Capitalist Arcadia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Capitalist Arcadia » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:23 pm

To the government in San Franutsco

The Armed Republic of Capitalist Arcadia once again would like to voice its outrage at the decisions being made by your government. Reverse your oppressive policies!

Again I would also like to personally invite any citizens of San Franutsco, Christian or not, who wish to escape this oppressive regime to come to Arcadia.
Nation Stats
Current military strength: 6,000,000
Nuclear Warhead Count: 9,873 and more on the way!
Defcon: 1 2 3 4 5

Conflicts
-none-

Past Conflicts
The Arcadian-Langley Beach Civil War - Victory
The Liberation of Baradov - Victory
The Durgonian Crisis - Withdrew
Baradov Island
Member of The First International Congress of Economic Superpowers
Supporter of WASO

Capitalist Arcadia Factbook

Eizen
Spokesperson

Corporate Police State

Postby Eizen » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:41 pm

Namabia wrote:Sir maybe you did not understand,

Or perhaps we understand things differently from you, and you have done little to dissuade our perspective.

Namabia will comit no genocide or genocidal war against the Islam.

You have hastily threatened military action against a foreign government, an action that would surely affect innocent civilians regardless of religious affiliation. You also go on later to declare that you will use military force as "a last resort", which means that you have not ruled out war as an option. As a proud citizen of a nation that prides itself on crushing its enemies under foot I can respect that, but we consider your nation's ations more dishonest than reprehensible.

However we do think it is horrid to ban a religion just because you hate it.

So be it. However you are judging other governments and cultures based on your own standard and then attempting to enforce your own standards upon this foreign government. You have declared that San Franutscan's own laws within its borders mean nothing to you and you have reserved the right to influence their own internal politics and infringe upon the rights of a sovereign government.

I for one have heard no reaction from San Franutscan's populace on the matter. This could very well be a welcome move by the government that will be welcomed by the masses, or it could backfire and lead to a revolt against the government. That however is a right reserved for the people of that nation, be it by their own hand or the hand of those they call out to for liberation. However no such call has been made.

If Christianity is banned other religions will follow.

The slippery slope argument, one of the key political maneuvers of the uncreative mind attempting to appeal to the masses. We in Eizen would ask for proof that such bans will follow, we are decidedly unconvinced seeing as how this is a move specifically designed to target one group of dissidents.

Even though deporting the people to another place is ok, Namabia would like to ask. If you were watching sports one day and all of a sudden you hear knocking on the door, and its a soldier saying get out you've been banned. Than you see construction dozers plow down all you've owned and earned, you would be in shock.

In the Empire of Eizen this is referred to as "eminent domain" and is a common practice used against enemies of our government, religious or otherwise. Is your government going to attempt to impose its will upon us? The law is very clear.

With regards to the situation at hand, I would ask if you were watching sports one day and suddenly your home was incinerated by a foreign military engaging in an armed reprisal against your own government, would that not be worse?

Namabia already said we will use troops as a last resort. We would like negotiations. Namabia has already said we 1. Respect Muslims 2. We will use the army as a last resort 3. Namabia does not support banning of religions, including the banning of Islam(<-see that thread). Now if you want to be hostile towards us you can but we have done nothing against the Islam or his nation.

Signed,
Foreign Affairs Johnson

We care not about your wishes and desires. We're just pointing out the massive hypocrisy you engage in as a Christian nation threatening war in a heartbeat, and then claiming you will not engage in a war while reserving the right to use military actions.

If you do choose war remember you'll need plenty of weapons to wage it. Consider us for your armament needs should you decide to turn your rival into a smoldering crater. You can make some of the money you spent back by selling footage to Imperial TV Networks.

Amystris
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Amystris » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:04 pm

To: Whom it may concern from San Frantusco

5 Days ago I, Fuher Maxie Karkonov was shot while giving a speech denouncing the banning of religions within the international community. I was denouncing the banning of Islam, Buddhism, and Hinduism from various international communities. I was then shot by a Christian Extremist, a member of the, formerly harmless, Extremist Group, The Church of Cleansing. We are currently, with international aid, hunting down the terrorists. I, after recovering, spoke to my Amystrians and said that under no circumstances is Christianity to blame for this. I made it known that if any Church or place of Prayer was Defamed, Defaced, or Vandalized in any way, the perpitraitor would be arrested. Religious Extremists misrepresent their religion everyday, it is not the religion's fault, it is the Groups that take extremist views and act on them. Amystris will support any and all protesting nations and any and all nations who attempt to go to war over the Religious Freedoms of others.

Sincerely,
High Fuher Maxie A. Karkonov
Allies: Dyanstia, Trerents, Verzia and its Allies

Mustang Quotes

1)You can call me Roy Mustang. Or just Lieutenant Colonel. Hell, you can call me the Flame Alchemist. Whatever you do, remember the pain.

2)Killed in Action, and promoted two ranks for it. Brigadier General Hughes. You were the guy who was supposed to work below me and to push me to the top. Then you get yourself killed and surpass me in the ranks. I don't know what's more absurd. You or the State.

Song of the Day
Ready Steady GO by L'arc-en-Ciel

Tempest Island
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tempest Island » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:48 am

Following the over-hyped 'comedy' program on the Imperial Comedy Network, 'Laffin' At Foreigners'. The President of Tempest in a speech declared:

People of our fair isle, do not listen to the poor mediocre slander of the 'Laffin' At Foreigners', which to their credit, exceeds all other past times in the Eizen nation. Now people, I know this must be hard to understand how an over-hyped, money wasting 'comedy' gets such good viewings?

Well, due to our research, the average IQ is less than 60. No wonder why they havent over-thrown their silly dictation...

New Azura
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Azura » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:49 am

Eizen wrote:Courtesy of the Imperial Comedy Network, an excerpt from "Laffin' At Foreigners":

...so the nation of Tempest Island started getting in on the Christian Nutjob bandwagon trying to take out San Franutscan. Did you see this? Yes apparently they have pledged BOTH of their soldiers to the international coalition, assuming of course that the soldiers can get a ride to the battlefront in the government's only military vehicle, a refurbished Buick Roadmaster.

*crowd laughs*

Of course some people in the country are upset because without their dynamic duo of military might at home the nation will suffer from an epidemic of skateboarding teenagers. But there is hope amongst pro-war members of Tempest Island's government that this will boost their presence in the international WOODCHIP EXPORTS industry.

*crowd laughs*

Wait...wait...that's not even the joke! No it's true, they are somewhat well known for their wood chip exports. No, you know what, I had a whole line of "Tempest ISlanders are beavers" jokes all ready to go but apparently I don't need to go into any more detail to get a laugh out of you folks.

But what do citizens here in the Empire think of all this chaos? Well one of our most outspoken citizens is actually a bondage queen who thinks that Jesus meant something completely different when he said "turn the other cheek." Apparently it has something to do with wanting a vicious spanking, something that many religious conservatives will never admit to wanting but come on!

*crowd roars hysterically*

One last bit of news before I introduce our first guest, with the recent religious turmoil we here at "Laffin at Foreigners" have decided to take an unusually helpful stance at circumventing these bans for followers. What we've done is rebranded several major religions so that followers can still practice, just not under the original name. Of course if any nation catches on and bands these rebrandings it means out show is wildly popular and i'll be getting a raise shortly thereafter.

Old Name: Christianity
New Name: Supermanity

Yes we can ascribe many miraculous feats to the fictional characters of Jesus and Superman, but how many times did Jesus ever move the Earth out of orbit? Former Christians can now claim far more miracles at the hands of their savior while also getting a new issue of the bible in full color every few weeks. And whenever you hear the phrase "Kneel BEfore Zod", just pretend like you heard "God" instead and nod with a wink.

Old Name: Judaisim
New Name: Baconism

Do what you normally do, but eat lots of turkey bacon, acting like its pork. Nobody will actually think you're jewish with so much bacon consumption on display.

Old Name: Bhuddism
New Name: Laidbackism

Switch the robes out for some cargo shorts and a t shirt, maybe go a little longer between haircuts and remain at one with the universe as normal.

Old Name: Islam
New Name: TotallyPeaceLovingNotInherentlyViolentLam

Look sometimes you don't need to do anything different except change the name so the dummkopfs who have assigned your old religion name to a different meaning have less to go by.

Old Name: Atheism
New Name: Nothingism

Because its impossible to believe in nothing because nothing is something! I mean...surely you can't believe in NOTHING???????

OOC: Atheism's god is man, for the record. If you believe that there is no god, then you would lift up mankind to the rank of "supreme being in nature". Unless, of course, you believe in some type of supernatural force that is greater than man, but so far removed and impossible to know. Then that's agnosticism or deism, dependent on the perception you maintain. But there is no "nothing", not intrinsically, because of the nature of man. To claim so is in error, mate.
THEEVENGUARDOFAZURA
UNFIOREPERILCOLOSSO

THEDOMINIONOFTHEAZURANS

CALIXTEIMARAUDER

— Controlled Nations —

— Roleplay Tech Levels —
[PT][MT][PMT][FT][FanT]

Centre Gard
Secretary

Founded: Oct 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Centre Gard » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:59 am

The Theocracy of Centre Gard seeks to aid countries whose people are facing Discrimination and Persecution of any faith. Centre Gard is a Roman Catholic nation, and stands to stop the spread of Secularism.

Lubeck-Bremen-Hamburg
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lubeck-Bremen-Hamburg » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:27 am

IC:

His Most Christian Highness the Prince-Archbishop, following considerable deliberation, has determined that the Holy League will not only cut all political ties with San Franutsco, but is now to cut all relations, of any kind.

No ships or aircraft bearing the Holy League's colors are to touch port in San Franutsco unless in an emergency situation, and the same applies in reverse.

No citizens from the Holy League may travel directly from the League to San Franutsco and will be strongly advised not to travel there indirectly for safety reasons. The same applies in reverse.

Finally, all Christians from San Franutsco are invited to seek asylum in the Holy League, as are non-Christians from that country wishing to escape such an oppressive government to live in a more free understanding society. Travel restrictions will be waived in such cases.

~ Franz Schepke, Kanzler der Fürst-Erzbischof, der Heiligen Liga
Last edited by Lubeck-Bremen-Hamburg on Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
ICly, my nation is known as the Holy League, or as Lübeck-Bremen-Hamburg. Thank you.

For those of you in the Please Stop Having Fun crowd who demand nothing but dry realism, save the energy you would spend typing scathing criticism and chastisement. It won't work.

~ Proud member-nation of the Any Tech RP Group

New Kandor
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 27, 2004
Capitalist Paradise

Postby New Kandor » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:37 am

As the Dominion of New Kandor is a multicultural, tolerent and open society, we shall open our borders to any refugees from religious extremeism and oppression. This is applicable to peoples of any religion who have experienced their beliefs banned and oppressed by intolerent and uncivilized governments.

We shall also formally sever any trade and diplomatic ties with nations who exhibit such intolerent and abherrent behavior until such time as they care to enter the present century.

Dame Janis Ghutrapalli
Under-Secretary for Immigration
Home Ministry
Last edited by New Kandor on Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents