NATION

PASSWORD

With a Wing and A Prayer...Yer Fired. Blame Obama & Voters

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Objectiveland
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Objectiveland » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:33 am

The UK in Exile wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:
I agree. Hard work and competence are becomming very rare indeed. Thankfully the inferiority complex of 51% of American voters makes it eiser for those with abilities to succeed.

unless that 51% percent happens to be writing the performance review of your little kids.

clever = argumentative.
hard working = poor time management.
confidence = arrogance.
superiority complex = ...superiority complex

its not who performs, its who grades the performance who counts. ;)

Typical. It's never your falt always someone elses that you can't succeed.
"Perhaps the fact that we have seen millions voting themselves into complete dependence on a tyrant has made our generation understand that to choose one's government is not necessarily to secure freedom."

The UK in Exile
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby The UK in Exile » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:34 am

Objectiveland wrote:
The UK in Exile wrote:
unless that 51% percent happens to be writing the performance review of your little kids.

clever = argumentative.
hard working = poor time management.
confidence = arrogance.
superiority complex = ...superiority complex

its not who performs, its who grades the performance who counts. ;)

who says I'm not telling you how I succeeded? ;)
"We fought for the public good and would have enfranchised the people and secured the welfare of the whole groaning creation, if the nation had not more delighted in servitude than in freedom"

"My actions are as noble as my thoughts, That never relish’d of a base descent.I came unto your court for honour’s cause, And not to be a rebel to her state; And he that otherwise accounts of me, This sword shall prove he’s honour’s enemy."

"Wählte Ungnade, wo Gehorsam nicht Ehre brachte."
DEFCON 0 - not at war
DEFCON 1 - at war "go to red alert!" "are you absolutely sure sir? it does mean changing the lightbulb."

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:35 am

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:
Neo Art wrote:
........fuck it, you win the internet.

Neo Art just commented my snark.

Sigging that for history.

Popular vote
Obama: 62,284,362 Romney: 58,906,319

Percentage
Obama: 50.6% Romney: 47.8%

My one regret is that I didn't think of it first.
Last edited by Neo Art on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
if you were Batman you'd be home by now

"Consistency is a matter we are attempting to remedy." - Dread Lady Nathinaca

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:36 am

Neo Art wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Neo Art just commented my snark.

Sigging that for history.

Popular vote
Obama: 62,284,362 Romney: 58,906,319

Percentage
Obama: 50.6% Romney: 47.8%

My one regret is that I didn't think of it first.

I can't even lie, I've been waiting to say that since election day.
Founder of the Church of Ass.

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Ironic ain't it, now there really IS 47% of the country that feels like victims.

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:37 am

Norstal wrote:
Hippostania wrote:Elections have consequences, and the consequences of Obama's re-election are decreased standarda of living, increased regulations and huge lay-offs. Don't say that the Republicans didn't warn you about this.. But oh well, you reap what you sow.

I wanna gather up all of your quotes and show it later to you in 4 years.

He's clearly telling us we should mark his words

Objectiveland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Objectiveland » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:39 am

New Cassel wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. The blame doesn't matter. If this company chooses to fire employees to increase profits so be it.

The point is, is the guy a dick for blaming Obama, and not his own desire for said increased profits, for the layoffs or not.

He may be a dick in your estimation. Who cares? He may want more profits, he may want his profits to stay the same, he may want a smaller decrease in profits. He can retire and fire all 3000 if he wants to, dick or no dick.
Last edited by Objectiveland on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Perhaps the fact that we have seen millions voting themselves into complete dependence on a tyrant has made our generation understand that to choose one's government is not necessarily to secure freedom."

Objectiveland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Objectiveland » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:41 am

The UK in Exile wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:

I already know how. That's why I don't need somebody else to pay their fair share of my burdens.

The UK in Exile
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The UK in Exile » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:42 am

Objectiveland wrote:
New Cassel wrote:The point is, is the guy a dick for blaming Obama, and not his own desire for said increased profits, for the layoffs or not.

He may be a dick in your estimation. Who cares? He may want more profits, he may want his profits to stay the same, he may want a smaller decrease in profits. He can retire and fire all 3000 if he wants to dick or no dick.

true, and they can buy all his stock and fire him.
"We fought for the public good and would have enfranchised the people and secured the welfare of the whole groaning creation, if the nation had not more delighted in servitude than in freedom"

"My actions are as noble as my thoughts, That never relish’d of a base descent.I came unto your court for honour’s cause, And not to be a rebel to her state; And he that otherwise accounts of me, This sword shall prove he’s honour’s enemy."

DEFCON 0 - not at war
DEFCON 1 - at war "go to red alert!" "are you absolutely sure sir? it does mean changing the lightbulb."

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:42 am

Objectiveland wrote:
New Cassel wrote:The point is, is the guy a dick for blaming Obama, and not his own desire for said increased profits, for the layoffs or not.

He may be a dick in your estimation. Who cares? He may want more profits, he may want his profits to stay the same, he may want a smaller decrease in profits. He can retire and fire all 3000 if he wants to dick or no dick.

Like all things in life, he is certainly free to be the biggest, most gigaintic, throbbing cockhead in history.

All others are free to hate him for it.

Especially the people he fired for what may be entirely stupid reasons, or half-legitimate but using Obama as a scapegoat.

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Ironic ain't it, now there really IS 47% of the country that feels like victims.

The UK in Exile
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The UK in Exile » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:43 am

Objectiveland wrote:
The UK in Exile wrote:

I already know how. That's why I don't need somebody else to pay their fair share of my burdens.

given your rather naive view that all it takes is hard work. you'll forgive me if I don't believe you.

DEFCON 0 - not at war

New Cassel
Envoy

Founded: Apr 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cassel » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:44 am

Objectiveland wrote:

Pay attention. He said he's laying off people because of Obama being reelected. His laying off people people because he wants moar monies is not relevant since that is not his claim.

You clearly didnt understand the point of the OP. I answered your question. Stay on topic. I know you love jacking threads.

Pravengria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pravengria » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:45 am

The UK in Exile wrote:
Rubiconic Crossings V2 rev 1f wrote:Nice to see that people on the right are not sore losers. Oh...wait...scratch that..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/ ... story.html

Call me shocked...shocked!

Nothing better to see petty little scrotes throwing their toys out of the pram in fits of petulance. With luck any firings due to political affiliations will bite this asshole on the ass.

So NSG - hardnosed businessman or asshole? I vote for asshole.

sore losers who are sore about losing.

Just another example of a CEO who is a waste of human sperm. Lately, these Conservatives have just seemed to spawn utter idiocy. :palm:
Federated Commonwealth of Pravengria
Foreign Affairs
CyberSel Group

Objectiveland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Objectiveland » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:46 am

The UK in Exile wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:

privately held.

Objectiveland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Objectiveland » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:52 am

New Cassel wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:

Pay attention. He said he's laying off people because of Obama being reelected. His laying off people people because he wants moar monies is not relevant since that is not his claim.

You clearly didnt understand the point of the OP. I answered your question. Stay on topic. I know you love jacking threads.

He is blaming Obama's policies. According to him it is bad for his business. He has the right to do whatever he feels is best for his business. He certainly isn't firing people at the expense of profit.

Miss Defied
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Miss Defied » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:54 am

Rubiconic Crossings V2 rev 1f wrote:Nice to see that people on the right are not sore losers. Oh...wait...scratch that..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/ ... story.html

After Obama reelection, Murray Energy CEO reads prayer, announces layoffs

By Steven Mufson, Published: November 9

For the chairman and chief executive of Murray Energy, an Ohio-based coal company, the reelection of President Obama was no cause for celebration. It was a time for prayer — and layoffs.

Robert E. Murray read a prayer to a group of company staff members on the day after the election, lamenting the direction of the country and asking: “Lord, please forgive me and anyone with me in Murray Energy Corp. for the decisions that we are now forced to make to preserve the very existence of any of the enterprises that you have helped us build.”

On Wednesday, Murray also laid off 54 people at American Coal, one of his subsidiary companies, and 102 at Utah American Energy, blaming a “war on coal” by the Obama administration. Although that charge was repeatedly leveled during the election, energy analysts say that the coal-mining business is suffering because of competition from low-cost natural gas and rising production costs of coal, especially in the Appalachian region.

Murray Energy is the country’s largest privately owned coal mining company, with about 3,000 employees producing about 30 million tons of bituminous coal a year, according to its Web site.

The company was the subject of an article in the New Republic that said the firm forced miners to attend a Romney campaign speech in southeastern Ohio in August. Murray denied the account. The New Republic also reported that Murray Energy employees have given more than $1.4 million to Republican candidates for federal office since 2007.

Murray has been a target of environmentalists. Notably, the company has spilled coal slurry into a creek on seven occasions.

Murray’s prayer from Wednesday first appeared on the Web site of the Intelligencer/Wheeling News-Register. The newspaper said Murray supplied his text. The Washington Post confirmed its legitimacy with a company spokesman, Gary M. Broadbent.

Here is the full text of the prayer:

“Dear Lord:

The American people have made their choice. They have decided that America must change its course, away from the principals of our Founders. And, away from the idea of individual freedom and individual responsibility. Away from capitalism, economic responsibility, and personal acceptance.

We are a Country in favor of redistribution, national weakness and reduced standard of living and lower and lower levels of personal freedom.

My regret, Lord, is that our young people, including those in my own family, never will know what America was like or might have been. They will pay the price in their reduced standard of living and, most especially, reduced freedom.

The takers outvoted the producers. In response to this, I have turned to my Bible and in II Peter, Chapter 1, verses 4-9 it says, ‘To faith we are to add goodness; to goodness, knowledge; to knowledge, self control; to self control, perseverance; to perseverance, godliness; to godliness, kindness; to brotherly kindness, love.’

Lord, please forgive me and anyone with me in Murray Energy Corp. for the decisions that we are now forced to make to preserve the very existence of any of the enterprises that you have helped us build. We ask for your guidance in this drastic time with the drastic decisions that will be made to have any hope of our survival as an American business enterprise.

Amen.”

Call me shocked...shocked!

Nothing better to see petty little scrotes throwing their toys out of the pram in fits of petulance. With luck any firings due to political affiliations will bite this asshole on the ass.

So NSG - hardnosed businessman or asshole? I vote for asshole.

The corporate moocher will no doubt try to siphon more wealth in the form of labor from the producers of the company, by demanding more work without increased compensation.
"You know you're like the A-bomb. Everybody's laughing, having a good time. Then you show up -BOOM- everything's dead." - Master Shake

Franklin Delano Bluth
Senator

Founded: Apr 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Franklin Delano Bluth » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:54 am

Franklin Delano Bluth speaks!

Whenever someone tells you they got rich through hard work, ask them: "Whose?"

One of my favorite Wobbly slogans. The fact is, while there is indeed a relationship between hard work and wealth, it is not one that exists within a single person. In a capitalist society, the only way to get rich is to exploit and enslave others.

Franklin Delano Bluth has spoken!
The American Legion is a neo-fascist terrorist organization, bent on implementing Paulinist Sharia, and with a history of pogroms against organized labor and peace activists and of lynching those who dare resist or defend themselves against its aggression.

Pro: O'Reilly technical books, crew-length socks, Slide-O-Mix trombone lubricant, Reuben sandwiches
Anti: The eight-line signature limit, lift kits, cancelling Better Off Ted, Chicago Cubs

Objectiveland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Objectiveland » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:54 am

The UK in Exile wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:

given your rather naive view that all it takes is hard work. you'll forgive me if I don't believe you.

I don't care if you believe me...try believing in yourself.

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:54 am

Objectiveland wrote:
New Cassel wrote:Pay attention. He said he's laying off people because of Obama being reelected. His laying off people people because he wants moar monies is not relevant since that is not his claim.

He is blaming Obama's policies. According to him it is bad for his business. He has the right to do whatever he feels is best for his business. He certainly isn't firing people at the expense of profit.

Seeing the way he did it, I slightly would question that notion.

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:

Objectiveland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Objectiveland » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:56 am

Miss Defied wrote:The corporate moocher will no doubt try to siphon more wealth in the form of labor from the producers of the company, by demanding more work without increased compensation.

They can quit.

Objectiveland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Objectiveland » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:57 am

Franklin Delano Bluth wrote:Franklin Delano Bluth speaks!

One of my favorite Wobbly slogans. The fact is, while there is indeed a relationship between hard work and wealth, it is not one that exists within a single person. In a capitalist society, the only way to get rich is to exploit and enslave others.

You and the President agree on that.

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:58 am

I'm somewhat confused by this recent tendency in the right wing to try and somehow argue that just because someone can do something, that this somehow makes them immune from criticism from his actions.

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:58 am

Objectiveland wrote:

You mean "you, the president, and the majority of America" right?

Miss Defied
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Miss Defied » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:00 am

Objectiveland wrote:
Miss Defied wrote:The corporate moocher will no doubt try to siphon more wealth in the form of labor from the producers of the company, by demanding more work without increased compensation.

They can quit.

The should. They are part of a dying industry anyway. Why people think it is appropriate for government to prop up failing businesses is beyond me.
Last edited by Miss Defied on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You know you're like the A-bomb. Everybody's laughing, having a good time. Then you show up -BOOM- everything's dead." - Master Shake

The UK in Exile
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The UK in Exile » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:02 am

Objectiveland wrote:
The UK in Exile wrote:

privately held.

:roll:

DEFCON 0 - not at war

Miss Defied
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Miss Defied » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:04 am

Objectiveland wrote:

And Robert Murray, CEO of Murray energy who implies that he didn't build his business, God did.

“Lord, please forgive me and anyone with me in Murray Energy Corp. for the decisions that we are now forced to make to preserve the very existence of any of the enterprises that you have helped us build.”

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General