NATION

PASSWORD

SUBMITTED: REPEAL Nuclear Arms Possessions Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Voracious Vendetta
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

SUBMITTED: REPEAL Nuclear Arms Possessions Act

Postby Voracious Vendetta » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:08 pm

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #10: Nuclear Arms Possession Act (Category: International Security; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: REALIZING that use of nuclear arms has no longer been used as a deterrent, & more of a matter to showcase a country's power, & or threatnen smaller nations.

ACKNOWLEDGING: The fact that a country shouldn't be judged based on her weapons more on the matter of how she treats her citizens, the stability of her economy, and her civil rights.

REQUIRING: All nations which possess and/or own weapons of mass destruction within six months of this bills passing to dismantle, their nuclear arsenal.

THEREFORE: Any and all forms of Nuclear Weapons, and or Weapons of Mass Destruction are hereby banned.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:10 pm

I suggest you ask a moderator to move this to the General Assembly.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:16 pm

Voracious Vendetta wrote:REQUIRING: All nations which possess and/or own weapons of mass destruction within six months of this bills passing to dismantle, their nuclear arsenal.

THEREFORE: Any and all forms of Nuclear Weapons, and or Weapons of Mass Destruction are hereby banned.

I repeat what Sedge said. This belongs in the GA forum.

This proposal is also illegal. You cannot create new legislature in a repeal.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:09 pm

no. no way. no way we could ever support this. no.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Burninati0n
Envoy

Founded: Oct 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Burninati0n » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:27 pm

Pfft, why would we use nukes to threaten smaller nations? Come on! That's what the army is for. No, nukes reserved for threatening larger nations. Gosh.

Tanaara
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tanaara » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:57 pm

OOC:As hasa been mentioned - Illegal

"and damned stupid as well" The UnDelegate mutters "Axking all those baby nations to give up their nuclear pacifiers? They'll be hearing the screams out past the orbit of Neptune."

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:34 pm

REQUIRING: All nations which possess and/or own weapons of mass destruction within six months of this bills passing to dismantle, their nuclear arsenal.

These two lines are the trouble, though without them the repeal sounds lame so not sure where you go with ti. Next time I would suggest you submit it to the forum before submitting it to the queue. Save you the trouble. Though even if it were impeccably written, it's going to be a tough sell.
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:42 pm

Voracious Vendetta wrote:Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #10: Nuclear Arms Possession Act (Category: International Security; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: REALIZING that use of nuclear arms has no longer been used as a deterrent, & more of a matter to showcase a country's power, & or threatnen smaller nations.

ACKNOWLEDGING: The fact that a country shouldn't be judged based on her weapons more on the matter of how she treats her citizens, the stability of her economy, and her civil rights.

If you actually manage to ban nukes. Let me be the first to say that you will be nuked by me.
The Cake is a lie!
<<Peace through Fear and Superior Firepower>>

STOP AMERICAN IMPERIALISM? America is ANTI-IMPERIAL!
Ifreann wrote:"And in world news, the United States has recently elected Bill Gates as God Emperor For All Time. Foreign commentators believe that Gates' personal fortune may have played a role in his victory, but criticism from the United States of Gates(as it is now known) has been sparse and brief."
For good Russian Rock Radio, go here.
Please note, I rarely go into NSG. If I post there, please do not expect a response from me.
ALL HAIL THE GODDESS REPLOID PRODUCTIONS!

Rutianas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 23, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Rutianas » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:52 pm

The Emmerian Unions wrote:
If you actually manage to ban nukes. Let me be the first to say that you will be nuked by me.

Paula Jenner leans over toward the Ambassador from The Emmerian Unions. "Can we help?"

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:05 pm

Rutianas wrote:
The Emmerian Unions wrote:

Paula Jenner leans over toward the Ambassador from The Emmerian Unions. "Can we help?"

"Sure. If you want." He then whispered to her "And after we nuke him we make him pay the full cost of each nuclear warhead used."
The Cake is a lie!
<<Peace through Fear and Superior Firepower>>

STOP AMERICAN IMPERIALISM? America is ANTI-IMPERIAL!
Ifreann wrote:"And in world news, the United States has recently elected Bill Gates as God Emperor For All Time. Foreign commentators believe that Gates' personal fortune may have played a role in his victory, but criticism from the United States of Gates(as it is now known) has been sparse and brief."
For good Russian Rock Radio, go here.
Please note, I rarely go into NSG. If I post there, please do not expect a response from me.
ALL HAIL THE GODDESS REPLOID PRODUCTIONS!

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:53 am

Ginger ran a note over to the EU and Rutianas delegation... scrawled on it Nigel had written.

"Don't forget to charge them for the clean up!"
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hirota » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:12 am

"My government will fully oppose any attempts to harm our Uranium Mining industry, our current international Trade in Uranium and our nations economy as a whole.

We share the sentiments that a nation should be judged by how it treats it's citizens, but fails to see why anyone in their right mind would judge a nation based on the size of it's nuclear stockpile. If nations were judged on nuclear stockpile size, we certainly would be feared in the international community."
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:11 am

I see this repeal has been submitted as is, despite the proposer being told by several members here of the potential illegality of it.

OPPOSED

This has been forcibly un-submitted by the mods, it seems. Shiny.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

The Altani Federation
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Altani Federation » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:18 am

This should never have been submitted. It's illegal. It also sucks. You blanket ban "weapons of mass destruction" without even defining what those are. Anything that can kill more than one person at a time, technically, could be a weapon of mass destruction. Congratulations, you've just banned automatic weapons if this happens. Hell, you've banned large swords if this happens.

Oh, and if you want our nukes and our other "weapons of mass destruction" so badly, you can have as many of them as you want. Just send us the coordinates of your major cities, and we'll be happy to deliver them to you. We won't even charge you for the delivery.

-Arjel Khazaran, Deputy Ambassador
Last edited by The Altani Federation on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Associated Sovereign Nations of the Altani Federation
Many lands, many peoples, one Federation.

Community Property
Attaché

Founded: Apr 06, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: SUBMITTED: REPEAL Nuclear Arms Possessions Act

Postby Community Property » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:25 am

This has to be done in two steps:

• Resolution #10 must be repealed without introducing any new mandates in the repeal.

• A new resolution banning nuclear weapons must be introduced after the repeal.
Anything else will fail due to illegality.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:32 am

Be advised that, should you actually manage to repeal the NAPA I have a new version already written that will not only legalize the possession of nuclear weapons, but also their use.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:40 pm

Flibbleites wrote:Be advised that, should you actually manage to repeal the NAPA I have a new version already written that will not only legalize the possession of nuclear weapons, but also their use.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

"The Empire would vote for that one."

Jeffery Tegrand
Under-Secretary to the WA Deligate
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 2 - 0 WSH | COL 1 - 1 WPG | VGK 2 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 2 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-19 | LSU 26-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-11

Spykeny
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Spykeny » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:48 pm

We support a ban on any nuclear weapons (and would support sanctions on those that use them, including but not limited too: freezing financial assets of that country and its citizens, banning travel to and from that country, cutting off financial aid and travel to that country, and banning that country from all international competitions and organizations). You have the support of Spykeny.

West America
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby West America » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:14 pm

It is proposals such as these which make me very very glad I am not part of the WA, because this is just nonsense of the stellar variety.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:46 pm

Sometimes I wish there could be a way to defend the world without nuclear weapons, but until there is an effective way I cannot support a repeal on the NAPA.

Tipsonia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tipsonia » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:27 pm

The confederacy opposes a total ban on Nuclear weapons, as uranium mining is key to our economy, and nuclear weapons are a main part of the country's defense. Also I doubt many nations will give up their nukes, resolution or no resolution

However, limits on the amount and spread of nuclear weapons I support

Loughmacrory
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Loughmacrory » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:33 pm

If a nation wants to spend their money on pointless nuclear weapons, I say.... let them!

New Olwe
Minister

Founded: Aug 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Olwe » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:52 pm

Though New Olwe is against nukes on environmental grounds, banning WMDs entirely is too big an infringement on national sovereignty for us to support this proposal. Not only that, but as others have pointed out it is illegal.

Isabelle Hayes, Olwean Ambassador to the WA
Magic-using nation here! I don't RP in MT.
I seem to have forgotten to post the part where my ambassador informs New Olwe's representative that we will help. I'll do that later, I hope. - Fortareata
Start an Embassy in New Olwe!

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:55 pm

I support this.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

Nordicus
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordicus » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:23 am

Flibbleites wrote:Be advised that, should you actually manage to repeal the NAPA I have a new version already written that will not only legalize the possession of nuclear weapons, but also their use.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

That makes me want to support the repeal...
Note: I am an atheist. If I say something supportive of a religion, it's because I try to be fair and even-handed, not because I am a follower of that religion.
H N Fiddlebottoms VIII wrote:Engineers hate biology, because it has very few right angles. Everything is all curves and bumps and the only penis-shaped items are actual penises.

Dregruk wrote:
Kma2 wrote:How else could it be that they are so uneducated regarding what is going on in America.

Same as anyone else; I slaughter gibbons and frolic in their blood. Or just, y'know, disagree with you.

Tsaraine wrote:Somewhere in Philadelphia, one school administrator has just smacked another school administrator upside the head. "Damnit, Jenkins! I told you we should just have gone with chastity belts!"

Biblical Creation

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly