NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Liberate Hippiedom

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Strawberrry Fields
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 19, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

[PASSED] Liberate Hippiedom

Postby Strawberrry Fields » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:28 am

As many of you may already be aware my homeland Hippiedom has been taken over by the Black Hawks. With the recent development of a regional password and concern their going to destroy the region, I have written up a liberation resolution.

Please read it over and suggest any needed changes. I would like to submit this resolution ASAP to avoid any further damage caused by the Black Hawks.

----------------------------------------------------
The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING Hippiedom as a peace-loving region home to many nations over the year since its founding in 2005,

CONCERNED by the recent invasion of Hippiedom by the hostile region of The Black Hawks on September 22nd, 2012,

NOTING that the occupation of Hippiedom has been reinforced by The Black Riders, The Land of Kings and Emperors, and The New Inquisition,

RECALLING that similar circumstances, with a various number of these same organizations, has prompted liberations before; such as Liberate Free Thought (SC#14), Liberate Region of reunited muslim states (SC#88), Liberate Christmas (SC#95) and Liberate Catholic (SC#80), among others,

DISTRESSED that on September 25th, 2012, a password was imposed by the occupation force, preventing access to Hippiedom, violating native rights, threatening the destruction of the region, and denying residents the ability to call for assistance in saving their home,

AWARE that the invasion utilized a sleeper nation, allowing the raiders to password the region with relative ease,

DEEPLY DISTRAUGHT by potential further damage that could be done to the region under The Black Hawks occupation,

BELIEVING that every region deserves the opportunity for sovereignty over administration and freedom of movement,

STRIVING to prevent the foreign-imposed transformation of Hippiedom into a "trophy-region",

AFFIRMING the residents, including the native former delegate proposing this resolution, desire to free their homeland from these aggressive invaders,

HEREBY liberates the region of Hippiedom.
Co-Authored by Mahaj, Unibot II, and Eluvatar

Last edited by Sedgistan on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:29 am, edited 12 times in total.
No one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low.
That is you can't you know tune in but it's all right.
That is I think it's not too bad.

Once upon a time... Or maybe twice there was an unearthly paradise called Hippy Haven.
See my paintings and various artwork here! :)

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:32 am

I know Mahaj is working on a draft, Nibu. You should go collaborate with him. :)
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Strawberrry Fields
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Strawberrry Fields » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:53 am

Aight I have re-drafted it will some elements from Mahaj's draft. (noted in first post)
Last edited by Strawberrry Fields on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Once upon a time... Or maybe twice there was an unearthly paradise called Hippy Haven.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Len Hyet » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:59 am

*cough*

Um hi there. Just tossing this out there but ah, exactly what do you expect to achieve with this resolution? The Blackhawks have already been condemned by the WA, as have most of their actions. Declaring something liberated does diddly squat. If you want your region freed you have to get help.
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.
American 2L. No I will not answer your legal question.

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:01 am

Len Hyet wrote:*cough*

Um hi there. Just tossing this out there but ah, exactly what do you expect to achieve with this resolution? The Blackhawks have already been condemned by the WA, as have most of their actions. Declaring something liberated does diddly squat. If you want your region freed you have to get help.

Successful liberation proposals remove passwords.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

Strawberrry Fields
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Strawberrry Fields » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:02 am

Yea it removes the password... which is that point.
Last edited by Strawberrry Fields on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:05 am

Eist wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:*cough*

Successful liberation proposals remove passwords.

To add on to what Eist is saying: making it infinitely harder to grieve regions to the "refound" or "totally destroyed" stage. You need to commit a ton of resources for a long-period to go nuclear on a region without a password, whereas you can do it a few weeks (more like a month) with one.

EDIT: Also, Nibu.. you'll want to add the newest draft to the OP.
Last edited by Unibot II on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Postby Len Hyet » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:09 am

Strawberrry Fields wrote:Yea it removes the password... which is that point.

At which point they will... any takers?
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.

Strawberrry Fields
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Strawberrry Fields » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:11 am

Len Hyet wrote:
Strawberrry Fields wrote:Yea it removes the password... which is that point.

At which point it allows for Defenders to help free the region, since they can enter it.

If your not here to help, then bugger off, cause your lack of understanding and trivial posts are an annoyance.
Last edited by Strawberrry Fields on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Postby Len Hyet » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:12 am

Strawberrry Fields wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:

At which point it allows for Defenders to help free the region, since they can enter it.

If your not here to help, then bugger off, cause your lack of understanding and trivial posts are an annoyance.

Actually I was in fact trying to help, but my god you are impolite.

Strawberrry Fields
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Strawberrry Fields » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:13 am

Too stressed out to be polite... >_>

Hope you can understand that.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:48 am

Play nice.

Strawberrry Fields
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Strawberrry Fields » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Sedgistan, Does the term "trophy-region" break rule 4?

In the context of;
STRIVING to prevent the foreign-imposed transformation of Hippiedom into a "trophy-region",

Ora Amaris
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ora Amaris » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:58 am

Definitely think this should go through to vote.
I have another nation in the WA which I will use to promote this proposal.
Long live Hippiedom!
Let beauty and creativity reign throughout the universe,
Preserve the sublime equilibrium of nature,
Find enlightenment through the doors of perception,
An it harm none, do what thou wilt,
Respect yourself, respect all life, celebrate oneness with the universe.
Economic Left/Right: -7.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49
Factbook Entry

Strawberrry Fields
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Strawberrry Fields » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:59 am

Yea I plan to submit it soon, just doing some re-drafting at the moment.

Ora Amaris
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ora Amaris » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:03 pm

I figure I'll join the WA for now - and then switch it back to my other nation when peace comes back to Hippiedom.
Last edited by Ora Amaris on Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let beauty and creativity reign throughout the universe,
Preserve the sublime equilibrium of nature,
Find enlightenment through the doors of perception,
An it harm none, do what thou wilt,
Respect yourself, respect all life, celebrate oneness with the universe.
Economic Left/Right: -7.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49
Factbook Entry

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:30 pm

Strawberrry Fields wrote:Sedgistan, Does the term "trophy-region" break rule 4?

In the context of;

I don't see a problem with it.

Zemnaya Svoboda
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 06, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Zemnaya Svoboda » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:32 pm

Strawberrry Fields wrote:As many of you may already be aware my homeland Hippiedom has been taken over by the Black Hawks. With the recent development of a regional password and concern their going to destroy the region, I have written up a liberation resolution.

Please read it over and suggest any needed changes. I would like to submit this resolution ASAP to avoid any further damage caused by the Black Hawks.

The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING Hippiedom as a peace-loving region home to many nations over the year since its founding in 2005,

CONCERNED by the recent invasion of Hippiedom by the hostile region of The Black Hawks on September 22nd, 2012,

NOTING that the occupation of Hippiedom has been reinforced by The Black Riders, The Land of Kings and Emperors, and The New Inquisition,

RECALLING that similar circumstances, with a various number of these same organizations, has prompted liberations before; such as Liberate Free Thought (SC#14), Liberate Region of reunited muslim states (SC#88), Liberate Christmas (SC#95) and Liberate Catholic (SC#80), among others,

DISTRESSED that on September 25th, 2012, a password was imposed by the occupation force, preventing access to Hippiedom, violating native rights, threatening the destruction of the region, and denying residents the ability to call for assistance in saving their home,

AWARE that the invasion utilized a sleeper nation, allowing the raiders to password the region with relative ease,

DEEPLY DISTRAUGHT by potential further damage that could be done to the region under The Black Hawks occupation,

BELIEVING that every region deserves the opportunity for sovereignty over administration and freedom of movement,

AFFIRMING the residents, including the native former delegate proposing this resolution,desire to free their homeland from these aggressive invaders,`

HEREBY liberates the region of Hippiedom.
Co-Authored by Mahaj, Unibot II, and Eluvatar

May I ask if this, in particular the portions I have highlighted, is legal?

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:36 pm

References to "natives" and "residents" are acceptable. The highlighted sections look fine.

Zemnaya Svoboda
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 06, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Zemnaya Svoboda » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:47 pm

Strawberrry Fields has submitted it and we have approved it :bow:

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:59 pm

I have high hopes for this resolution.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:17 pm

This should pass easily, despite my best (if not minimal due to exams) wishes. :p

Kleinekatzen
Secretary

Founded: Nov 28, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Kleinekatzen » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:50 pm

After checking the region in question & confirming that yes it has been invaded.
Also confirming that yes it was invaded by taggers with intention to destroy said region.
We have endorsed the request for liberation.
We have also sent Foul Old Ron to beg outside the invaders H.Q.

Good Luck and may Foul Old Ron Smell stay down wind of you.

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:55 pm

Is there a record speed for reaching quorum? Because this is already there...

Jeez, those campaigners done good.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:04 pm

Kleinekatzen wrote:Also confirming that yes it was invaded by taggers with intention to destroy said region.

No such intention has been publicly stated.
[violet] wrote:You are definitely not genial.
[violet] wrote:Congratulations to Crushing Our Enemies for making the first ever purchase. :)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives