NATION

PASSWORD

Listed region founders?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
James Bluntus
Envoy

Founded: Dec 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Listed region founders?

Postby James Bluntus » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:53 am

This is just a suggestion. When you go through the region search in the world tab, it lists the delegates but not the founder. Is it possible to have both?
The Singing Nation of James Bluntus lives to fight alongside good and fight against evil.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:40 am

It lists delegates so WA telegrammers or invader/defender alliances can identify them as contacts. As founders aren't (typically) involved in these activities, listing them wouldn't do a lot of good.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:54 am

It is technically possible, and having such column would, IMO, expose founderless regions in order for invader/defender alliances to spread to.

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:37 pm

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:It is technically possible, and having such column would, IMO, expose founderless regions in order for invader/defender alliances to spread to.

Exactly.

I don't think we should put a sign up for the raiders, "RAID HERE!"
AKA Weed

EVIL BEYOND COMPARE
Envoy

Founded: Aug 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby EVIL BEYOND COMPARE » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:39 pm

Topid wrote:
Charlotte Ryberg wrote:It is technically possible, and having such column would, IMO, expose founderless regions in order for invader/defender alliances to spread to.

Exactly.

Why not

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:17 pm

EVIL BEYOND COMPARE wrote:
Topid wrote:

Exactly.

Why not

I think we should, nothings wrong with that

Fit battion
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Fit battion » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:19 am

Some founders might not feel they want to have their names shown for all the world to see.
Cheese

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:22 pm

Fit battion wrote:Some founders might not feel they want to have their names shown for all the world to see.

And I suspect that most, if not all, of those regions without founders also don't want their lack of a founder shown for all the world to see.

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:06 pm

I'm confused at how showing the founders who voted on the resolution would reveal which regions are founderless. For example, of all 11,779 WA Members, 22% voted on the last resolution to vote, "Commend Anti World Assembly"1. I don't see how you could form an accurate topographic view of the founderless NationStates with 78% of the WA not participating in the vote at all, and as it is thats only 21% of all nations. In other words, how are raiders going to take advantage of having a list of founders who supported resolutions, when only 4% of NationStates is voting on resolutions?

With that being said, other than for budding historians and statisticians, who would benefit from this improvement?

*ADDED TO THE BIG LIST*
Last edited by Unibotian WASC Mission on Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sioshar
Attaché

Founded: Dec 04, 2009
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sioshar » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:12 pm

Unibotian WASC Mission wrote:I'm confused at how showing the founders who voted on the resolution would reveal which regions are founderless. For example, of all 11,779 WA Members, 22% voted on the last resolution to vote, "Commend Anti World Assembly"1. I don't see how you could form an accurate topographic view of the founderless NationStates with 78% of the WA not participating in the vote at all, and as it is thats only 21% of all nations. In other words, how are raiders going to take advantage of having a list of founders who supported resolutions, when only 4% of NationStates is voting on resolutions?

With that being said, other than for budding historians and statisticians, who would benefit from this improvement?

*ADDED TO THE BIG LIST*

The OP said when searching in the world. He wasn't speaking about WA at all.
Judgment Day: August 29, 1997 at 2:14 AM, or July 24, 2004 at 6:18 PM, or maybe even April 19, 2011.
Religion: Discordian Buddhist
Politics: Anarchist or Economic Left/Right: -5.00 and Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41
What it's like talking to most people.

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:16 pm

Sioshar wrote:
Unibotian WASC Mission wrote:I'm confused at how showing the founders who voted on the resolution would reveal which regions are founderless. For example, of all 11,779 WA Members, 22% voted on the last resolution to vote, "Commend Anti World Assembly"1. I don't see how you could form an accurate topographic view of the founderless NationStates with 78% of the WA not participating in the vote at all, and as it is thats only 21% of all nations. In other words, how are raiders going to take advantage of having a list of founders who supported resolutions, when only 4% of NationStates is voting on resolutions?

*ADDED TO THE BIG LIST*

Gosh, do campaigners still use the World pages to find WA delegate contacts ? :blink:

I'll have to fix the list.
Last edited by Unibot on Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neasmyrna
Envoy

Founded: Mar 09, 2007
Anarchy

Postby Neasmyrna » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:40 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote: As founders aren't (typically) involved in these activities, listing them wouldn't do a lot of good.

Well that's not entirely true... in general of the larger foundered regions most are run by their founders... I'd have to say it would be an ok addition to add the founders names to the list regions stuff... but it would make things a lil more crowded with not too much being added to the list. Not a bad idea though... I have thought about it myself before.

Unibot's misinterpretation of the idea wouldn't be so bad though :P
Founder of 00000 A World Power

You're welcome to visit our forum at:

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:41 pm

Unibot wrote:
Sioshar wrote:

*ADDED TO THE BIG LIST*

Gosh, do campaigners still use the World pages to find WA delegate contacts ? :blink:

I use it when I campaign.

If founders are listed on the list of regions, the list can be sorted by population, and raiders could look for founderless regions about the size of their preffered prey in a matter of seconds.

The only reason to do this is to make one side's life easier, and the other side's life harder...
AKA Weed

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:57 am

Topid wrote:
Unibot wrote:
Sioshar wrote:

*ADDED TO THE BIG LIST*

I use it when I campaign.

If founders are listed on the list of regions, the list can be sorted by population, and raiders could look for founderless regions about the size of their preffered prey in a matter of seconds.

The only reason to do this is to make one side's life easier, and the other side's life harder...

Defenders could use it too, as they could go through and dossier all the founderless regions+delegates without having to sort through pages and pages of the world and having to actually go to the region to check for a founder.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical