NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Humane Command Economies Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

[DRAFT] Humane Command Economies Act

Postby Comfed » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:43 am

Humane Command Economies Act
A resolution to reduce income inequality and increase basic welfare.
Category: Social Justice
Strength: Mild
Proposed by Comfed

The World Assembly,

Acknowledging that command economies are used in many nations as an alternative to private industry,

Applauding those nations that carry it out to the benefit of their people,

Worried that some nations may use it to restrict the rights of their people,

Hereby:
  1. Defines “state” or “the state” as the entity that controls the government of any World Assembly member state.
  2. Defines a command economy as an economic policy that prohibits legal persons aside from those that are state-authorized from selling goods or services.
  3. Allows member-states to enact command economies, subject to previous WA legislation.
  4. Allows nations to control the authorization to sell goods or services, subject to previous WA legislation.
  5. Bans member-states from restricting access to goods or services to certain groups unless those groups are not inside the member-state’s territories or if giving them access to those goods would pose a threat to the security of the state or it’s people.
  6. Bans member-states with command economies from discriminating against candidates for employment based on gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, or sexual orientation.
  7. Prohibits capital punishment for non-compliance with economic policy.
  8. Established the World Assembly Economic Equality Board (WAEEB) with the authorization to:
    1. Inspect the working conditions of workers in command economies,
    2. Ensure that resources are distributed evenly throughout the population,
    3. Enforce compliance with the above two measures.
Last edited by Comfed on Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:50 am

OOC: ok, not seeing where you are going with this. Stop jumbling definitions and mandates together. Not seeing the category nor the strength as fitting what you have so far.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:01 pm

“I’m not seeing what this does. Since there are no resolutions banning command economies, and indeed there probably never will be, they are already allowed. The only clause in here that contains a mandate is the one that bans restricting of goods to certain groups of people, without a compelling purpose, which has already been achieved by GA #035, Charter of Civil Rights. I recommend thinking about your purpose in writing this, and making a proposal more closely fitting that purpose.”
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:50 pm

"No essay titles please. Remove the 'on'."
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:00 pm

OOC: I don't see any power granted to member states that they couldn't already exercise, and I don't see any restriction on member states that didn't already constrain them. I don't see what problem this resolution solves that hasn't already been handled. I'm afraid this is the very definition of "does nothing."

What problem, difficulty, or issue are you trying to address with this?
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Interstellar Tauri Union
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Interstellar Tauri Union » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:59 am

we cannot support this as point #7 effectively legalizes the black market.
Tech: Tier 9 | Arc: Level 1 | Inf: Type 7
ranking according to this index

Politics News:///66056 volkskammer election: tcp(uc) assumed to gain majority of votes///trp chairman szaton bénar arrested, presumed dead///
Society News:///immigrant family detained in july assimilated, released///government report published detailing interdimensional mission///
Military News///drone war: athena-fleet sent to galactic core to combat drone ship menace///combat exercises in outer rim ssr successful, indicate combat readiness///50% of starfleet scheduled for refit for the new quantum-slipstream-drive allowing for intergalactic travel///

I dont use NS stats related to the size of the nation. policies in factbooks.

Pronouns in bio squad (she/her)

Return to General Assembly