NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Repeal 'Data Protection Accord'

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
User avatar
Socio-Darwinist Indonesia
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Jan 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Repeal 'Data Protection Accord'

Postby Socio-Darwinist Indonesia » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:21 am

I am fully aware that I lack the required amount of endorsements to submit a formal Proposal to the General Assembly, however, in case I do successfully manage to hold the required endorsements for my Proposal, I wish to submit the Draft below to the General Assembly.

Repeal 'Data Protection Accord'

the General Assembly,

APPLAUDING the efforts of the Data Protection Accord, in the struggle for personal privacy rights on an International scale,

RECOGNISING that privacy is a fundemental foundation of basic human rights,

however,

NOTICING the flawed nature of the Resolution, which has ignored the needs of a member-state to perform intelligence-gathering in the context of defence, which is primarily achieved by the infiltration of privacy, (NOTE: Albeit this clause may seem to be more of an argument on national sovereignty over the intelligence-gathering process, this clause does not contain entirely a 'national-sovereignty'-themed argument. This clause is an attempt to pinpoint the need, not the right, of member-states to act in intelligence-based self-defence via the infiltration of personal privacy, IRL e.g. phone tapping.)

therefore, the General Assembly repeals 'Data Protection Accord'.
Last edited by Socio-Darwinist Indonesia on Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Araraukar
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14433
Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:43 am

OOC: Happily the resolution doesn't forbid data gathering of foreigners, whether they're in your or their own nation.
- Linda Äyrämäki, acting ambassador in the absence of miss Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk.

Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Araraukar wrote:
Blueflarst wrote:a cosmopolitan hammer
United Massachusetts wrote:Can we all call ourselves "cosmopolitan hammers"?
Us cosmopolitan hammers
Can teach some manners
Often sorely lacking
Hence us attacking
Silly GA spammers

User avatar
Socio-Darwinist Indonesia
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Jan 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Socio-Darwinist Indonesia » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:44 am

Araraukar wrote:OOC: Happily the resolution doesn't forbid data gathering of foreigners, whether they're in your or their own nation.

Does that fact imply that my Proposal does not qualify for submission?

User avatar
The New Nordic Union
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 421
Founded: Jul 08, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The New Nordic Union » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:52 am

Socio-Darwinist Indonesia wrote:
Araraukar wrote:OOC: Happily the resolution doesn't forbid data gathering of foreigners, whether they're in your or their own nation.

Does that fact imply that my Proposal does not qualify for submission?


OOC: Well, it makes your argument moot; since gathering of foreigners' data is not prohibited, and foreign individuals are the once of interest for intelligence relating to defence-based matters.
Permanent Representative of the Nordic Union to the World Assembly: Katrin við Keldu

User avatar
Kenmoria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5583
Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Corporate Bordello

Postby Kenmoria » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:24 pm

The New Nordic Union wrote:
Socio-Darwinist Indonesia wrote:Does that fact imply that my Proposal does not qualify for submission?


OOC: Well, it makes your argument moot; since gathering of foreigners' data is not prohibited, and foreign individuals are the once of interest for intelligence relating to defence-based matters.

(OOC: Furthermore, the proposal allows government to view data if a judicial order has been issued, which presumably would be the case if the individual in question was suspected of working as a spy.)
A representative democracy with a parliament of 535 seats
Kenmoria is Laissez-Faire on economy but centre-left on social issues
Located in Europe and border France to the right and Spain below
NS stats and policies are not canon, use the factbooks
Not in the WA despite coincidentally following nearly all resolutions
This is due to a problem with how the WA contradicts democracy
However we do have a WA mission and often participate in drafting
Current ambassador: James Lewitt

For more information, read the factbooks here.

User avatar
Socio-Darwinist Indonesia
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Jan 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Socio-Darwinist Indonesia » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:29 pm

I appreciate your advice. I will return soon to draft on a different argument.


Return to General Assembly

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sciongrad, The Yellow Monkey, Tinhampton, Verdant Haven

Advertisement

Remove ads