NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Repeal 'Data Protection Accord'

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Socio-Darwinist Indonesia
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Repeal 'Data Protection Accord'

Postby Socio-Darwinist Indonesia » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:21 am

I am fully aware that I lack the required amount of endorsements to submit a formal Proposal to the General Assembly, however, in case I do successfully manage to hold the required endorsements for my Proposal, I wish to submit the Draft below to the General Assembly.

Repeal 'Data Protection Accord'

the General Assembly,

APPLAUDING the efforts of the Data Protection Accord, in the struggle for personal privacy rights on an International scale,

RECOGNISING that privacy is a fundemental foundation of basic human rights,

however,

NOTICING the flawed nature of the Resolution, which has ignored the needs of a member-state to perform intelligence-gathering in the context of defence, which is primarily achieved by the infiltration of privacy, (NOTE: Albeit this clause may seem to be more of an argument on national sovereignty over the intelligence-gathering process, this clause does not contain entirely a 'national-sovereignty'-themed argument. This clause is an attempt to pinpoint the need, not the right, of member-states to act in intelligence-based self-defence via the infiltration of personal privacy, IRL e.g. phone tapping.)

therefore, the General Assembly repeals 'Data Protection Accord'.
Last edited by Socio-Darwinist Indonesia on Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:43 am

OOC: Happily the resolution doesn't forbid data gathering of foreigners, whether they're in your or their own nation.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Socio-Darwinist Indonesia » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:44 am

Araraukar wrote:OOC: Happily the resolution doesn't forbid data gathering of foreigners, whether they're in your or their own nation.

Does that fact imply that my Proposal does not qualify for submission?

The New Nordic Union
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 08, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The New Nordic Union » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:52 am

Socio-Darwinist Indonesia wrote:
Araraukar wrote:OOC: Happily the resolution doesn't forbid data gathering of foreigners, whether they're in your or their own nation.

Does that fact imply that my Proposal does not qualify for submission?

OOC: Well, it makes your argument moot; since gathering of foreigners' data is not prohibited, and foreign individuals are the once of interest for intelligence relating to defence-based matters.
Permanent Representative of the Nordic Union to the World Assembly: Katrin við Keldu

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:24 pm

The New Nordic Union wrote:
Socio-Darwinist Indonesia wrote:Does that fact imply that my Proposal does not qualify for submission?

OOC: Well, it makes your argument moot; since gathering of foreigners' data is not prohibited, and foreign individuals are the once of interest for intelligence relating to defence-based matters.

(OOC: Furthermore, the proposal allows government to view data if a judicial order has been issued, which presumably would be the case if the individual in question was suspected of working as a spy.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Socio-Darwinist Indonesia » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:29 pm

I appreciate your advice. I will return soon to draft on a different argument.

Return to General Assembly