NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] On Sugar

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Giant Bats
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Giant Bats » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:52 am

Wallenburg wrote:
Fedele wrote:Exempts from these regulations agricultural products which contain naturally occurring sugar without having sugar added.

Come again?

"Does that not then mean that the proposal would only concern synthetically manufactured sugar and not that extracted from natural sources?" Ikiti was still trying to comprehend the fuss over the essential nutrient. If you ate any one nutrient more than you should, you would be in trouble. Why fuss about a single one?

- Ikiti Tikilikrr, Head of Diplomatic Wing, 10th generation mother of two
Large, eyeless, carnivorous bat-like creatures with interstellar FTL capabilities. (See OOC addition here for size reference.)

Allies of Potted Plants United.

"We do not write because we want to. We write because we have to." - Somerset Maugham

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:36 am

Arasi Luvasa wrote:So I won't develop cancer from sugar intake as long as I avoid obesity (not that hard for me irl)? Even with my tendency to have a sweet tooth and thus eat and drink lots of sugary stuff (I don't gain weight easily, even when eating like a horse with no regard for sugar content)?

OOC: Not from sugar, no. You might get one from the oxygen you breathe, but unless you cut your sugar with uranium, it's the obesity that heighten's one's risk of certain types of cancer, not the sugar. And starch is much more insidiously fattening (AND cavity-causing!) than regular sugar.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Previous

Return to General Assembly