NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT]Gun Law Relaxation Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ossitania
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ossitania » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:00 am

Conservative World wrote:
Ossitania wrote:
You know it's not half obvious that you and Winner are the same person, right?

No where not.Um why uhhhhhhhhhh did you ummmmmmmmmm think uhhhhhhhhhhhh that?

Same stupid font in your flags, same one-minded obsession with conservatism, talk and type the same way. Even in this response I'm quoting right now, you've put "where" in where it should be "we're", just like in Winner's national motto and failed to put a space after the full stop, just like Winner does half the time.
Guy in the Boat,
GA #146 (Co-authored)
GA #177 (Co-authored)
GA #183(Authored)
GA #198 (Co-authored)
GA #202 (Authored)
GA #206 (Authored)
GA #212 (Co-authored)
GA #238 (Authored)
GA #240 (Authored)

President and Sole Resident of Ossitania

Member of UNOG
Ideological Bulwark #265

Lucian De Mundo
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lucian De Mundo » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:09 am

Lucian De Mundo *takes the floor*

MANDATES that all WA nations allow the sale of guns and ammunition at all buisness sites;

OPPOSED....

I can only forsee it now, "Welcome to Bakers Bread Company, Home of the Buy 2 Buns Get 3 Guns free special".

I don't feel that some places of business would be suitable for the purchase of weapons, especially if catered towards a family clientelle.

That is if you meant for "buisness" to mean "business".
Mikkel Wienzte,
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary,
The Anarchy of Lucian De Mundo
"Patria, Ultio Et Ignoscentia"

Conservative World
Envoy

Founded: Jul 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Conservative World » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:38 am

SUBMITTED :lol: :clap:
Support Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan at http://www.mittromney.com

Qaddaffi,Quadafi,Qaudaffi,Quaddaffi,Kadaffi,Kadaffii,Kadafi,Kidafi,Cadaffi,Cadaffii,Caddafi,Cadifi, and Moamar, Maomarr,moamir,Moamirr.

"War is what changes the world. Yet, the world tries to change war. So,I ask you, where is the war that will change us?"-Irentian

"Perfection is not optional,yet it is mandatory".-Winner12345

"The Needs of the Many are Greater then those of the few or the one"-Conservative World

"Liberalism is flawed Conservatism, while conservatism is fixed liberalism"-Conservative World

Ossitania
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ossitania » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:45 am

Conservative World wrote:SUBMITTED :lol: :clap:

You didn't tag your puppet correctly, request it be pulled.
Guy in the Boat,
GA #146 (Co-authored)
GA #177 (Co-authored)
GA #183(Authored)
GA #198 (Co-authored)
GA #202 (Authored)
GA #206 (Authored)
GA #212 (Co-authored)
GA #238 (Authored)
GA #240 (Authored)

President and Sole Resident of Ossitania

Member of UNOG
Ideological Bulwark #265

Lucian De Mundo
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Lucian De Mundo » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:46 am

I shall also :clap: when this proposal does not reach quorum.
Mikkel Wienzte,

Conservative World
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Conservative World » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:49 am

Ossitania wrote:

They woulldn`t pull it for something so simplw.Mods will fix that because it`s petty and not a legality issue.

Qaddaffi,Quadafi,Qaudaffi,Quaddaffi,Kadaffi,Kadaffii,Kadafi,Kidafi,Cadaffi,Cadaffii,Caddafi,Cadifi, and Moamar, Maomarr,moamir,Moamirr.

"War is what changes the world. Yet, the world tries to change war. So,I ask you, where is the war that will change us?"-Irentian

"The Needs of the Many are Greater then those of the few or the one"-Conservative World

"Liberalism is flawed Conservatism, while conservatism is fixed liberalism"-Conservative World

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:56 am

Ossitania wrote:

They woulldn`t pull it for something so simplw.Mods will fix that because it`s petty and not a legality issue.

They'll pull it. The mods to not modify proposals.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Winner12345
Diplomat

Founded: May 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Winner12345 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:58 am

Linux and the X wrote:
Conservative World wrote:They woulldn`t pull it for something so simplw.Mods will fix that because it`s petty and not a legality issue.

They'll pull it. The mods to not modify proposals.

Not true.They in the past have modded(no pun intended) proposals for 1 or 2 spelling errors or bad tag.I do not think it will put the proposal in jeopardy.
You just wasted your time opening a spoiler
Ambassador Winner Conservative
Mitt is it.
http://www.victory.mittromney.com and http://MittRomney.com
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Conservative World
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Conservative World » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:02 am

Thnak you winner :bow: .This is a proposal that will pass.FYI why cant there be 2 radical right wingers?

Lucian De Mundo
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Lucian De Mundo » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:03 am

I've submitted to the MODS for five typos resulting in a possible formatting violation.
Mikkel Wienzte,

Conservative World
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Conservative World » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:07 am

5 typos?Really honestly doubt that.

Conservative World
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Conservative World » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:12 am

The mods said it was taken off because it violated GA#17 not because of typos or ofrmatting.
GA#17 is WA General Fund.I`m totally lost :evil:

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:12 am

4 minutes ago: The proposal "Gun Law Relaxation Act" was removed from the floor.

And it was just pulled from the floor.

Allie Youngblood
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Conservative World
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Conservative World » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:14 am

HOW DOES IT VIOLATE GA #17 WA GENERAL FUND??????????????????????I`M LOST???????HELP???I DO NOT UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:15 am

Conservative World wrote:HOW DOES IT VIOLATE GA #17 WA GENERAL FUND??????????????????????I`M LOST???????HELP???I DO NOT UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!

And maybe if you calmed down and showed us exactly what you submitted, we can point out why it was pulled.
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Lucian De Mundo
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Lucian De Mundo » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:16 am

A very wise man once said, "writing a resolution is a marathon not a sprint."

We're here to give you advice, if you are willing to take it.
Mikkel Wienzte,

Conservative World
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Conservative World » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:17 am

Ossitania wrote:This is the version of the proposal that must be submitted;

Gun Law Relaxation Act

Category: Gun Control | Act: Relax | Proposed by: Winner12345

NOTING that certain nations have innocent people who cannot protect themselves from criminals and oppressive governments due to the fact they have had their guns banned;

DEFINING "gun", for the purposes of this resolution, as a weapon where each operation has to be done manually and fires bullets no larger than three-quarters inch in diameter;

BELIEVING many lives could have been saved if innocent people were able to protect themselves using guns,

AGREEING that the increased availability of guns will lead to economic prosperity among member-states,

CREATES the Committee of Gun and Ammunition Sales (CoGAS) to create minimum sales of guns and ammunition in all member nations as outlined below;

• there shall be 1 gun available for every 5 citizens;
  • there shall be 1000 bullets available for every 5 citizens;

MANDATES that all WA nations allow the following;

• all mentally competent adults with a clean criminal record shall be able to own guns and ammunition and shall be allowed to purchase an unlimited quantity of these items;
  • all businesses shall be able to sell an equally unlimited quantity of guns and ammunition on their premises;

DECLARES that these sales shall be taxed at no more than 1%.

The General Assembly hereby passes the Gun Relaxation Act

This is wat i submitted.WithoutThis is the version that must be submitted.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:18 am

First off, I'd like to point out that we mods can't edit proposals, all we can do is delete.

Secondly, the proposal is illegal as the submitted version contained this line,
DECLARES that these sales shall be taxed at no more then 1%;

which contradicts clause 8 of the WA General Fund which states,
8. Affirms the right of member nations to maintain full authority over domestic taxation policies, barring those that may include unfair discriminatory practices;

Furthermore, had the [nation] tag been closed correctly, this proposal would also have received a Branding violation. When using the [nation] tag in submitted proposals you have to use one of the short, either [nation=short] or [nation=short+noflag].

Also Conservative World, I didn't even need my mod tools to figure out that you're also Winner12345. While puppetwanking like this isn't illegal, people in the GA take a dim view of it so doing it won't help your cause any.

Flibbleites
Game Moderator

Conservative World
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Conservative World » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:21 am

Lucian De Mundo wrote:A very wise man once said, "writing a resolution is a marathon not a sprint."

Look i listened to everyone`s advice ok i am Winner12345.I listened to every one of you from the start you didn`t post until post 397.You will not tell me what i did and did not do.

Also thank you Flibbleties i thought i read somewhere that they could correct mistakes.My bad.Thank you.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:25 am

Lucian De Mundo wrote:A very wise man once said, "writing a resolution is a marathon not a sprint."

Look i listened to everyone`s advice ok i am Winner12345.I listened to every one of you from the start you didn`t post until post 397.You will not tell me what i did and did not do.
Really, then how come I brought up clear back here that this proposal contradicted the WA General Fund, and yet you still ended up submitting a version that contained the exact same contradiction.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Winner12345
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Winner12345 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:35 am

Flibbleites wrote:
Conservative World wrote:Look i listened to everyone`s advice ok i am Winner12345.I listened to every one of you from the start you didn`t post until post 397.You will not tell me what i did and did not do.
Really, then how come I brought up clear back here that this proposal contradicted the WA General Fund, and yet you still ended up submitting a version that contained the exact same contradiction.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

That was my bAD i do apologize.
Mitt is it.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Conservative World
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Conservative World » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:41 am

If i fixed those 2 things could i submit it to the GA and not get it taken down.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:41 am

Shit... does the bet apply to puppets?
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:41 am

Conservative World wrote:If i fixed those 2 things could i submit it to the GA and not get it taken down.

Yes.

Winner12345
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Winner12345 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:43 am

Col i`ll have him submit it.And yes Cheese State 9 it does apply to puppets. :lol:
Mitt is it.
(\__/)
(='.'=)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly