NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT]Gun Law Relaxation Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:40 pm

I see. Continue on then xD
Funkadelia

Former Delegate of Lazarus (x3)
Proscribed TWICE by The South Pacific

WA Security Council Resolution Author (x2)
SC#161
SC#182

Winner12345
Diplomat

Founded: May 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Winner12345 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:20 am

It now has three approvaks
You just wasted your time opening a spoiler
Ambassador Winner Conservative
Mitt is it.
http://www.victory.mittromney.com and http://MittRomney.com
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:28 am

Winner12345 wrote:It now has three approvaks

Have an approval; it won't help anyway.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

District 10 Villagers
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby District 10 Villagers » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:46 pm

Winner12345 would have you to believe that his "Relaxation" act is for the best. However, this law is a slippery slope into the undermining of the rights of individual nations and placing thousands, if not millions, of inhabitants in harms way by providing the necessary means to acquire firearms and use them at their will.

That being said. VOTE NO on this proposal. Instead, stop by the proposal of the World Firearms Accord and VOTE YES to send a message to Winner12345 that we dot support his radical views!

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:17 pm

District 10 Villagers wrote:Winner12345 would have you to believe that his "Relaxation" act is for the best. However, this law is a slippery slope into the undermining of the rights of individual nations and placing thousands, if not millions, of inhabitants in harms way by providing the necessary means to acquire firearms and use them at their will.

That being said. VOTE NO on this proposal. Instead, stop by the proposal of the World Firearms Accord and VOTE YES to send a message to Winner12345 that we dot support his radical views!

Some friendly advise, it is considered rather rude to pimp your own thread in someone elses. Please do not do so again. Mods get a bit irate about things like that.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

District 10 Villagers
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby District 10 Villagers » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:22 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
District 10 Villagers wrote:Winner12345 would have you to believe that his "Relaxation" act is for the best. However, this law is a slippery slope into the undermining of the rights of individual nations and placing thousands, if not millions, of inhabitants in harms way by providing the necessary means to acquire firearms and use them at their will.

Some friendly advise, it is considered rather rude to pimp your own thread in someone elses. Please do not do so again. Mods get a bit irate about things like that.

You should see the TG I got from Winner12345. I'm not, generally a thread-jacker, but he and I are in a rat race to win quorum. His would render mine useless. Mine would do the same to his.

Frisbeeteria
Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:41 pm

District 10 Villagers wrote:You should see the TG I got from Winner12345. I'm not, generally a thread-jacker,

His rudeness is no excuse for your rudeness. Grays Harbor gave sound advice - I'll turn it into a mod directive. Don't use other people's threads to pimp your own proposal.

... but he and I are in a rat race to win quorum. His would render mine useless. Mine would do the same to his.

Neither of you have the remotest change of making quorum, much less passing this into law. It's kinda obvious even now that you're only getting the delegates who approve literally every proposal, plus a few others.

Dagguerro
Envoy

Founded: Apr 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Dagguerro » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:12 pm

Ye gods...and I thought this thing was dead.

Congratulations on finally making a legal, if not legible or sensible, proposal I suppose. Though you haven't got a hope in hell of getting this to quorum, let alone passed.

We'd like to offer in advance to pay for the drinks of the representatives from Ossitania, Wisconsin9 and Individuality-ness on the day this inevitably fails to celebrate winning the bet. And I'll meet you at the bar.

Yours, etc,
- Lord Swift
Last edited by Dagguerro on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patrician Lord Nicholas Ashemore - Elected Supreme Leader of The Benevolent Empire of Dagguerro

His Excellency Lord Daniel Swift - Dagguerrean Ambassador to the World Assembly

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:29 pm

OOC: Will this thread ever die?
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:23 pm

Dagguerro wrote:Ye gods...and I thought this thing was dead.

Congratulations on finally making a legal, if not legible or sensible, proposal I suppose. Though you haven't got a hope in hell of getting this to quorum, let alone passed.

We'd like to offer in advance to pay for the drinks of the representatives from Ossitania, Wisconsin9 and Individuality-ness on the day this inevitably fails to celebrate winning the bet. And I'll meet you at the bar.

Yours, etc,
- Lord Swift

I'll see you there in 98 minutes.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Winner12345
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Winner12345 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:20 pm

The Gun Law Relaxarion Act has failed to reach quorom.I will revise the bill and continue to work on this bill.I believe one that it will become law and will be supported by all.
Mitt is it.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:22 pm

Winner12345 wrote:The Gun Law Relaxarion Act has failed to reach quorom.I will revise the bill and continue to work on this bill.I believe one that it will become law and will be supported by all.

Didn't you lose a bet?

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:26 pm

Winner12345 wrote:The Gun Law Relaxarion Act has failed to reach quorom.I will revise the bill and continue to work on this bill.I believe one that it will become law and will be supported by all.

It did not just "fail to reach quorum", it was resoundingly ignored. The lack of support for this has been stunning in its silence, as has been the active opposition. We fail to grasp the logic behind continuing to foist this hugely unpopular mess upon us. Learn to accept overwhelming defeat gracefully and drop this mess.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:41 pm

Remember the conditions of the bet? You have to comply now...
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Winner12345
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Winner12345 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:46 pm

No timetable for my resignAtion also it said nothing about how long i could pursue this.
Mitt is it.
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Three Weasels
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Three Weasels » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:55 pm

Winner12345 wrote:No timetable for my resignAtion also it said nothing about how long i could pursue this.

Ossitania wrote:
An Agreement on the Future Habitation and Agency within the World Assembly of the Nations of Ossitania, Wisconsin9, Indivudiality-ness and Winner12345

We, the undersigned nations,

SEEKING to bring a final resolution to the on-going debate between our nations on the topic of the firearm legislation proposed by the delegation from Winner12345,

SPECIFYING that all references to "Gun Law Relaxation Act" shall refer to the draft proposal viewable in Winner12345's diplomatic message #9918196,

Hereby

AGREE to the following terms;

1. Should "Gun Law Relaxation Act" pass in a General Assembly vote and become a chapter in the book of international law, the nations of Ossitania, Wisconsin9 and Individuality-ness shall relocate to Winner12345's home region The Conservative Kingdom, endorse Winner12345 and support Winner12345 in all aspects of its WA policy,
  2. Should "Gun Law Relaxation Act" fail to pass or fail to reach a General Assembly vote and become a chapter in the book of international law, the nation of Winner12345 shall immediately and permanently withdraw from the World Assembly and shall never relocate to any of the regions inhabited by Ossitania, Wisconsin 9 or Individuality-ness,

CLARIFY that any alteration to the text of "Gun Law Relaxation Act" shall render this agreement immediately null and void.

Signed,

Derek McGregor, Ambassador General of the Diplomatic Corps of Ossitania
James Mckee, Delegate to the World Assembly from Wisconsin9
Allie Youngblood, Ambassador to the World Assembly from Individuality-ness
Winner Conservative, Delegate to the World Assembly from Winner12345

Are you saying, ambassador, that you signed that document in bad faith? That you have no desire nor willingness to honourably fulfil your end of the bargain? Though there is indeed no time line, it seems that in the eyes of this international community, you have failed to meet the criteria of the first, therefore it's logical to conclude that you've met the conditions of the second criteria. It's not a question of "when" you will tender your resignation because if you had any integrity and honour, ambassador, you'd have graciously accepted defeated and resigned before anyone called upon you to uphold this part of the agreement, signed before the many witnesses of this assembly. We can only conclude from this that the ambassador, Winner Conservative, lacks the strong moral character to carry out the terms of this contract.
We're a splinter nation; we believe in Meadowism. We're sapient Mustela Itatsi, distant cousins of the Mustela Erminea and the Mustela Nivalis who shunned the ways of the Meadow for their belligerent beliefs.

We're cheese-powered. So, surrender your cheese. Or else. Yeah... or else. We'll... uh... we'll do something.

Oh and meadows are totally awesome. We love meadows.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:57 pm

OOC: He already withdrew and did not relocate to any of said regions. What is the problem here?

Please, we are beating a dead horse. Let this thread die.
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:58 pm

Three Weasels wrote:
Winner12345 wrote:No timetable for my resignAtion also it said nothing about how long i could pursue this.

Ossitania wrote:

Are you saying, ambassador, that you signed that document in bad faith? That you have no desire nor willingness to honourably fulfil your end of the bargain? Though there is indeed no time line, it seems that in the eyes of this international community, you have failed to meet the criteria of the first, therefore it's logical to conclude that you've met the conditions of the second criteria. It's not a question of "when" you will tender your resignation because if you had any integrity and honour, ambassador, you'd have graciously accepted defeated and resigned before anyone called upon you to uphold this part of the agreement, signed before the many witnesses of this assembly. We can only conclude from this that the ambassador, Winner Conservative, lacks the strong moral character to carry out the terms of this contract.

Actually, there is a timeline!
Should "Gun Law Relaxation Act" fail to pass or fail to reach a General Assembly vote and become a chapter in the book of international law, the nation of Winner12345 shall immediately and permanently withdraw from the World Assembly and shall never relocate to any of the regions inhabited by Ossitania, Wisconsin 9 or Individuality-ness,

(emphasis added)

We also note that the proposal cannot be revised; in keeping with the formal agreement (which I believe constitutes a binding contract that can theoretically be enforced in an OOC court, though I am not a lawyer, certainly not your lawyer, this does not constitute legal advice, this does not create an attorney-client relationship, &c) only revisions necessary for legality are permitted.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:43 pm

Three Weasels wrote:

Ossitania wrote:

Apparently he did sign in bad faith, as Conservative World, which is obviously a puppet government run by Winner12345 and even says so in the national motto, has been admitted to the WA.
~~~~~~~~

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:45 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Three Weasels wrote:

Apparently he did sign in bad faith, as Conservative World, which is obviously a puppet government run by Winner12345 and even says so in the national motto, has been admitted to the WA.

The agreement specifically stated that the ban was on Winner12345, not any puppets.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

they/them pronouns

Novraslavia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Novraslavia » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:49 pm

I think we've all touched on the ridiculousness of this proposal for a number of reasons, but has anyone even bothered to state that the WA is not a conservative organization and thus does not base its laws on the morals of the conservative crowd?

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Novraslavia wrote:I think we've all touched on the ridiculousness of this proposal for a number of reasons, but has anyone even bothered to state that the WA is not a conservative organization and thus does not base its laws on the morals of the conservative crowd?

Doesn't matter, the proposal didn't even reach quorum.
~~~~~~~~

Novraslavia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Novraslavia » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:52 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Novraslavia wrote:I think we've all touched on the ridiculousness of this proposal for a number of reasons, but has anyone even bothered to state that the WA is not a conservative organization and thus does not base its laws on the morals of the conservative crowd?

Doesn't matter, the proposal didn't even reach quorum.

Oh. That's good. I read this entire thread and hadn't even bothered to check up on its status in the WA. :-p

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

To kill a thread

Postby Chernoslavia » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:55 pm

OOC: How bout we all just not post anything else on this thread? If most of us which is basically all of us stop posting on this thread it can finally die. *unplugs life support #2* (Bergnovinaia already unplugged the first)

IC: Well, Ambassador looks like ive waisted nearly a lifetime at this meeting farewell. And Winner here's the bill for the Taps.

*leaves room with Bergnovinia's keg*
Last edited by Chernoslavia on Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Frisbeeteria
Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:21 am

I notice that "The Winner12345 WA Represenative of Conservative World" is still a WA member. So, Winner12345 ... are you going to honor the bet, resign your puppets from the WA, and never join again ... or are you going to be a player forever without honor who welshes on bets?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly