NATION

PASSWORD

[Roleplays] :: World Cup 92

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Elmyia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 08, 2022
Conservative Democracy

Postby Elmyia » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:29 am

The Overlap Tactics Blog

Massi's Gameplan - Results Might Vary

Three games, and mixed results. Some would like to paint the results against Baggieland and Oberour Ar Moro as a reaction of spirit alone, with all the associated imagery of dressing room screaming matches, rockets put up bums and players drilled on the training ground. There may be an element of truth to this, there was certainly more fizz in attack and players looked steely in their resolve, home and away. But, that might not be the whole story.

The gameplan clearly did not change for the three games, Massi set out to do the same thing each time. Sit in a mid block in defence, leaving room to break into, and then pushing quickly down the wings to get behind the opposition. Against Arjunnagar, this did not pay off. Coming against a 4-3-3 formation, they found themselves denied any space in the middle. This is a natural extension of the game plan, having only the two in midfield means ceding a degree of control. The issue was, Elmyia simply didn't make it work down the wings, Froggatt and Beluigi simply couldn't make it work, finding their touch letting them down or dropping the ball. In defence, and too often the three centre-backs found themselves dragged out of place, following each other about. It was Flewin being dragged out of possession that gave away the goal, fielding three sweepers used to covering a set area was clearly going to take some coaching.

In the next two fixtures, simply put, the game plans paid off. In some ways, the strenght of the opponents aided this. Baggieland and Oberour Ar Moro both had undoubted superiority in the middle, but the more Elmyia held them off, the further they had to push forward. Baggieland had Livermore and Bomber exchanging ceaseless passes, but the opening never came. Eventually, sucked far forward, Benedetti was able to pick up the ball, spray it through to Froggatt and put her clean through to score.

Oberour Ar Moro provided the most entertainment of the fixtures thus far, again the patterns of play were familiar. Elmyia ceded possession, sat back, and scored two excellent counter attacking goals, Benedetti netting twice. Eventually, Elmyia succumbed to gravity. Forced back, two scrappy goals went in from corners, the endless string of clearances falling short of closing the opponents out. Elmyia looked on the ropes, heading towards a second defeat in three as a string of crosses came in, Grosso, Freschi and Flewin struggling manfully to head the ball away. An eventual stroke of luck came, Scoular took a free kick from an unpromising position, and a bobble lead to a scuffed Chapman effort squirmed in for Elmyia's most thrilling victory yet.

So, not quite world beaters yet, but the last two games have shown real evidence of progression, particularly in showing that the players and now willing and able to execute Massi's gameplan to a t. The fact that this game plan seems to be working against stronger teams is also a promising portend for Elmyia's first match up against a team of genuine quality, 5 times World Champions Valanora. Whilst it might not pay off forever, surely teams will eventually start retreating back to guard on the counter, it certainly seems a good plan for now.
DBC 54 Champions

Sendhang
Envoy

Founded: Feb 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Sendhang » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:48 am

3 things from the first international break of the year

Sendhang ended the two weeks international break with a convincing 5-0 victory over Lisander in a World Cup qualifying match at the Federal Stadium in Kambang last night. The players returned to their respective clubs on a high after they helped the national team to 2 wins and 2 draws from the first 4 matches of the World Cup qualifying campaign, currently sitting at 3rd place with 8 points behind Chromatika and Brookstation in a group that also involves Ko-oren and Juvencus.

Here are 3 things from the first international break of the year:

Sharp at the front, solid at the back

Nobody expected a defensive-minded team like Sendhang to score 5 goals in a match. That happened not once but twice when Sendhang hosted Juvencus and Lisander at the Federal Stadium in their first 2 home matches for this World Cup qualifying campaign. Our national players really showed the opposing team to never dare to play an open game at the Federation Stadium, they are happy to punish any space at the back.

To make it sweeter, Sendhang did all this by maintaining discipline when defending. Albertus Wageo only conceded 2 goals after the first 4 matches, getting a clean sheet in 2 matches. The team defended well, kept their shape, and were always happy to put 11 men behind the ball as was the case against Ko-oren who kept the ball very well.

Ko-oren-Sendhang match should be banned from football

The match between Ko-oren and Sendhang should not be held again in the future. It was the most boring match in the history of world football. Ko-oren is a solid team, former world champions, qualified for the World Cup 19 times, and favorite to qualify from the group. But they play the same way as Sendhang if not more extreme, very cautious and have a lack of interest in attacking.

Ko-oren came down with their post-football philosophy with their slogan "If they can't score, they can't win" while Sendhang with their no-possession football philosophy with the slogan "keep tight at the back, hit them on the break".

Sendhang does not like to play with the ball and is happy to sit back for 90 minutes. Ko-oren, on the other hand, was satisfied with passing sideways for 90 minutes. They controlled more than 70% of the ball possession while the Sendhang players watched them do a passing clinic. Only 2 shots were recorded in the match, both long-range attempts from Ko-oren. Very boring, 0-0 until the end, but a great result for Sendhang.

Important 8 points from the first 4 matches

Sendhang got 8 points from the first 4 games of their World Cup qualifying campaign after recording 2 wins and 2 draws. It is 8 very valuable points for Sendhang because they have met Ko-oren, Juvencus, and Brookstation who on paper are the strongest, fourth-strongest, and fifth-strongest teams in the group. Of the 5 strongest teams in the group, Sendhang only has to meet Chromatika left in the first round of the World Cup qualifiers.

This very good start increases the spirit and confidence of every Sendhangite that the target of at least qualifying for the playoffs can be achieved. It is hoped that Sendhang's national players can maintain their focus and continue their good performances in the upcoming international break where Sendhang is scheduled to meet Yakk, Gnejs, and an important match against Chromatika.
Last edited by Sendhang on Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

Atheara
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheara » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:05 am

Athearan Sport Ordering News
ASON.com.ahr/football/wc
The website for all your Athearan sporting needs, and many non sport related stories!

◯Log in or Sign up!|.Home.|.Football.|.Hockey.|.Baseball.|.Chess.|.Volleyball.|.Basketball.|.Others.|.FAQ & More▼

Football > World Cup
Atheara Making It Work!
Matchdays three and four of the World Cup Qualifying sailed over the world as Atheara's Blue Guard were to face off against New South Yukon and the odd nation of Sevendia. The results were surprising in different ways to say the least, as Atheara grabbed a 1 - 0 win against New South Yukon on the road and a 3 - 3 draw against the nation of sevens on home ground. While the game against New South Yukon is not that bewildering (Considering they have lost every game they played so far), the game against Sevendia was quite the sight to behold. Especially because that the opponents were not only just seven, they were seven. And by that they used a seven shaped formation, had seven as their kit number and were seven feet. They also had seven in their name, which made it quite confusing for The Blue Guard when it comes to on the field play.

The team Atheara used for the start of the match against New South Yukon was the following: GK Mugel Krygorf (C) / LB Alfadi Greznotsh - CB Ja Dishwasher - CB Adam Parkinson - RB Joshua Pike-Seelers / DM Andreas Olphert - Jordsen / LM Zeeke Red - AM Urusov Cantonian-Myords - CM Mryzlav Koralsko - RM Harlow Stonewall / CF Natan Trevoire. Harlow Stonewall was Atheara's goalscorer for the game against New South Yukon on the 14th minute, as he striked a volley from a corner done by Mryzlav Koralsko after he had the ball taken from him and it was kicked out of the field. The game overall was Atheara trying their best to hold onto their lead while employing their new tactics, which worked to a great degree. It also generated several moments of beauty in passing and attacks through the New South Yukon defense, even if it generated no end result. A win is what mattered in the end, which meant three valuable points for the team.

Meanwhile, the game against Sevendia was unlike the game against New South Yukon. It was filled with offensive play by the Sevendians, a lot of fouling, goal scoring, counter-attacking by Atheara, and a ton of nutmegs, flicks, through balls, and feints against the seven foot players. The line up Atheara was rocking for this game was: GK Mugel Krygorf (C) / LB Lachlan Burgen - CB Ja Dishwasher - CB Tobias Aslen-Morhallik - RB Julian Da Breffenstad / DM Rick Milewent / LM Dani Halfaard - AM Urusov Cantonian-Myords - CM Sebastian Gregory - RM Harlow Stonewall / CF Kirov Solmatzka. For Atheara, Mugel Krygorf scored a free kick on the 11th when he decided to take the shot when Kirov Solmatzka was tackled by Severin-Seven Sjeven. From the right side of the field, Krygorf blasted it with all of his might and it rattled the crossbar, beating Sebastian-Seven Proven. The other two goals came from Dani Halfaard on the 57th minute as he dribbled from the left corner due to an Athearan counter-attack and chips the goalkeeper, which was surprising. And the other one came from Kirov Solmatzka on the 80th minute, who ran away on the counter-attack before besting Proven.

Meanwhile for Sevendia, one goal came from Selby-Seven Braven as he lightly tapped the ball into the net on the 28th minute from a pass by Serge-Seven Fomeven. The other two came from Sevendia's best player, Sean-Seven Raven. A penalty on the 47th minute due to a bad tackle by Ja Dishwasher, and a strike outside the box on the 85th minute, which deflected from Cory Kallashin - Ekuinev's hands (Who was subbed in for Mugel Krygorf on the 61st minute) and bounced into the net. An unfortunate deflection that costed Atheara two points. But even so, Atheara gained a total of four points from the two matches, which puts them at 8th place in the group. Above the likes of New South Yukon, Quakmybush, and most surprisingly, The Holy Empire who are the top seed in the group. A massive surprise indeed, that might not last long.

For matchday five, we face off against Abanhfleft who are currently 3rd place in Group 10. And for matchday six, we get a bye, meaning we get to rest up and we would be able to further study our opponents. Here is the line up we will use against Abanhfleft, and we're out:

GK Mugel Krygorf (C) / LB Draxler Archengate - CB Anzel Van Brultheil - CB Emanuel Coelho - RB Arkeson Trey - Galos / DM Andreas Olphert-Jordsen / LM Thibraught Van De Keyes - AM Brandon Dottier - CM Mryzlav Koralsko - RM Harlow Stonewall / CF Zack Dawnbridge
A T H E A R A | A N A I A
"I'm not sure about being as obvious as other people."
Football
Jenna Raven Cup I Champions!
3rd in the 75th Baptism of Fire!

Ice Hockey
3rd in the 19th World Junior Hockey Championships!
Ro32 in the 47th World Cup of Hockey
If you were wondering, the girl on my flag is Vill V from Honkai Impact 3rd. Your welcome.

Tumbra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:07 am

Mytanija 0-0 Tumbra

TMB (4-2-3-1): 1 - Barker; 18 - Kemp (25 - Finney, 69'), 4 - Kerr, 20 - Tyler, 27 - Green; 6 - Harrison (15 - Finnemore, 69'), 16 - Fisher, 23 - Monaghan (38 - Coleman, 75'); 17 - Hilton (7 - Wells, 75'), 9 - Vaughn; 22 - Nolan (33 - Henshaw, 81')

TMB scorers: Nil

Player of the Match: Stephen Kerr [TMB]

HANSARD
Federal Parliament of Tumbra > Hansard > Senate: 7 January 2030 > Senate Chamber > Oral Questions to the Government

Oral Questions to the Government

Volume 1, 166th Year of Business: debated on 7 January 2030

Image 12.30pm

The President of the Senate (His Excellency Thomas Carmichael, Vice President of the Federal Republic of Tumbra) We now come to oral questions for the Government. I call upon the hon. Senator for Grantfeldt, Senator William Holman.

Sen. William Holman (Labour, Grantfeldt) Thank you, Mr. President. Given that there have been reports of an earthquake in the republic of Montaña Verde, is the Government intending to send foreign aid to the country?

The President of the Senate I call upon the Leader of the Government in the Senate, the hon. Senator for Raleigh, Russell Voinovich.

The Leader of the Government in the Senate (Russell Voinovich, Liberal, Raleigh) I defer my time to the Minister of State for the Independent Regions, Senator Heidi Green.

The President of the Senate I call upon the hon. Senator for Marcato, Senator Heidi Green.

Sen. Heidi Green (Liberal, Marcato) Thank you, Mr. President. I thank my hon. colleague for the question, and do confirm the existence of plans to offer aid to Montaña Verde as soon as the aid is ready. The Government, as of now, intends to send over the resupply ship, the RTS Warhound, to provide as much aid as is needed to the Republic, and our Air Force stands ready to deliver aid to the country as well. My colleagues in the Other Place, my hon. Friends Julian Smith and Tim Ng, will be assuming overall charge of the operation to deliver aid to the country. We shall spare no expense to help our friends in need, and I hope my colleagues in the Senate will join me in sharing our thoughts and prayers for the Republic in their time of need.

The President of the Senate I call upon the hon. Senator for Harren, Senator Percy Wilson.

Sen. Percy Wilson (Liberal, Harren) Thank you, Mr. President. May I just offer my whole agreement to my hon. Friend's sentiment on Montaña Verde, and I hope that the aid makes its way to the Republic without delay. I ask the Government — is there any progress on the reform of the voting system for future Senate elections, and when will the updated plans make their way to the Senate floor?

The President of the Senate I call upon the Leader of the Government in the Senate.

The Leader of the Government in the Senate Thank you, Mr. President. I thank my hon. Friend for the question, and I just wish to assure him that this Government is carefully weighing up several options presented to the Senate Home Affairs Committee, including a potential amendment of the system from open-list proportional voting to the panachage system. The panachage system, for the benefit of my hon. colleagues that may not be as fluent as psephologists or academics on the outside, allows voters to register several votes for several Senators. For my state, Raleigh, for example, a voter would be able to cast seven votes for seven different Senate candidates. Votes would be tallied for each party, then the seats for each party would be distributed based on the total votes cast, with individual candidates that receive higher numbers of individual votes taking precedence — [Interruption.]

The President of the Senate My apologies to Senator Voinovich. I have just received news that this House must now adjourn, because of a reported security situation in the Lobby of the Federal Parliament. The Federal Parliament building is now in lock-down. If the Senators will follow the Parliament Security Officers, please.

TBC.com︱Your Account︱.Home..News..Sport..TV & Radio..Travel..World Service..Weather..ePlayer.︱More ▼︱

.TBC NEWS.

.News Home︱Top︱Tumbra︱Esportiva︱World︱Opinion︱Politics︱Business︱Entertainment & Arts︱Science︱Tech.

News > Breaking
[LIVE] Northlands non-voting MP Raymond Walters in critical condition after attack

By Tom Jones, Alan Minns, Helen Chen
TBC News

This is a LIVE event. Refresh your page to get the latest updates on this story as it happens.
Last updated 4 minutes ago

4m ago
Federal Parliament building placed in lockdown; House and Senate sessions adjourned

Following the attack on Northlands MP Raymond Walters, in which an unidentified assailant approached the non-voting delegate and reportedly stabbed the 60 year-old several times in the lobby of the Federal Parliament building, the Federal Parliament building has been placed in lockdown as a security sweep is conducted on the grounds. The assailant, who was detained immediately after the attack, has so far been the only one found on the premises of the Federal Parliament building with any weapon of any kind.

8m ago
Who is Raymond Walters?

Raymond Walters, an independent serving as a non-voting delegate for the Northlands, was one of the three MPs elected for that constituency elected in April as part of Prime Minister Michael Kirkland's efforts to include Northlanders in the democratic process. Re-elected in August with an overwhelming majority on the first count, the MP has quickly established himself as a Northlands hawk, supporting the harshest efforts against the anti-Tumbran resistance group the United Clans. In a House which has sometimes been loath to express support for the Williams' government's Northlands Security Bill, which, amongst other provisions, suspends the writ of habeas corpus, Walters has been one of the strongest supporters for it, despite being unable to vote for it.

He's also one of the few Members of Parliament to also have been removed from the House of Representatives chamber by the Speaker, after refusing to withdraw a statement in which he called members of the United Clans "louts". It's a disciplinary mark which he's taken in stride. There are rumours that while the MP's assailant was working alone, the United Clans may have been involved in this incident — but the Clans have yet to claim responsibility.

20m ago
Raymond Walters airlifted to nearby St. Michael's Hospital

Raymond Walters, the non-voting delegate for the Northlands, has been airlifted out of the Federal Parliament building in a helicopter and will be transported to St. Michael's Hospital for further treatment. The MP is reportedly in a critical condition after being attacked by an unknown assailant in the lobby of the Federal Parliament. The area around the Federal Parliament has been cordoned off, and roads around the Federal Parliament have been closed to both foot and vehicle traffic as business in the Federal District has ground to a halt. The TBC will be providing further updates as and when they arrive.

29m ago
Reports emerging from Federal Parliament that an MP was attacked; situation developing

Unconfirmed eyewitness reports have emerged from the Federal Parliament alleging that an MP — thought to be potentially Northlands MP Raymond Walters — has been attacked in the lobby of the Federal Parliament.

This is a developing story and the TBC will provide updates.

▼ Load More...

Home︱News︱Sport︱World Service︱About Us︱Legal︱Cookies︱Accessibility︱Contact Us

TUMBRA SQUAD FOR MATCHES @ TALANNUA, VS. QASDEN, WORLD CUP 92 QUALIFICATION
Goalkeepers: 1 - Nick Barker [Lakewood City, TMB], 12 - Victoria Jones [Lakewood City, TMB], 13 - Richard Russell [Lakewood United, TMB]
Defenders: 4 - Stephen Kerr [Chromatik, CMT], 5 - Ian Ashburn [Lakewood City, TMB], 18 - Sabine Kemp [Raven River, NPH], 19 - Tracey Mercurio [Kingston FC, QUE], 20 - Joel Tyler [Couno Rangers, TMB], 25 - Chris Finney [Serrapince, TMB], 26 - Harry Henderson [1923 Esca, MYT], 27 - James Green [Bavingtor FC, FVA], 31 - Raymond Perry [Serrapince, TMB]
Midfielders: 6 - Trudy Harrison [Chromatik, CMT], 8 - Vincent Hicks [Lhor, CMT], 10 - Phil Cole [Osarese Marcadia, AUD], 15 - Mark Finnemore [Couno Rangers, TMB], 16 - Andrew Fisher [FC Inter Nantwich, TMB], 23 - Susan Monaghan [Sabrefell Athletic, NPH], 38 - Natalie Coleman [Couno Rangers, TMB]
Wingers: 7 - Valerie Wells [AFC Treason, NPH], 9 - Robin Vaughn [Lakewood City, TMB], 17 - George Hilton [Serrapince, TMB], 21 - Lynne Crossley [Strathcona Internationals, KSK]
Strikers: 11 - Nick Riordan [Sabrefell Moths, NPH], 22 - Bruce Nolan [Couno Rangers, TMB], 33 - Charlotte Henshaw [Lakewood City, TMB]
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF TUMBRA
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic Database | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)
U-18 World Cup 13, 21 Champions/Di Bradini Cup 51, 57 Champions

New Eestiball
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 06, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Eestiball » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:57 am

What's Needed is Given
Honest to Y*hlia, nobody expected 709 to get another hat-trick. But they did. And nobody expected 287 to get a goal in only their second game as a Doorknob. But they did. However, the player of the game has to be the goalkeeper 937. 937 has been outstanding over 2 games, only allowing 2 goals. If them and the Doorknob defense can keep that rate, we might just have a chance.
Here's another fun fact for another matchday!
#3. New Eestiball is now in the top 150 in World Cup rankings.
current song: there is a light that never goes out by the smiths
this flag inspired by scytharum's old one
base-6 is inherently the best base
you can find me in nssports as the martian independent republic but the nation I'm writing lore for is asiikafa
likes: the beatles/the cure/the who/most 60s and 70s music in general/liberal democracy/abstraction/vexillology
dislikes are unnecessary because the world doesn't need more negativity

Gnejs
Issues Editor

Founded: May 11, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gnejs » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:18 am

The spreadsheet-guy from Coastal Affairs and Fisheries
... it was hard, and continue to mark everyday life even if he seems to be doing better now; calmer, more harmonious, but maybe he is really just absent. Like sacred rocks: is that the presence of a divine spark, or just exhaustion and a sense of loss in an existence of complete freedom of action? Was this – his state – the product of something externally imposed, or had it always been within him, its eruption long fated?

When it had first struck, that initial feeling had been wholly unfamiliar to him. The combination of intense tingling and complete emotional emptiness, together they seemed to drain the body of power, while at the same time giving rise to a pulsating and condensed state of incapacity, and a lack of basic functional agency. That malevolent feeling of not being in control over what was otherwise taken for granted: dominion over the bodily apparatus. He had tried to lie down, but contrary to what was expected, the position instead introduced increased discomfort. His heartbeat had felt, if possible, even more frequent, and its alarming speed, together with the increasing sensation of numbness in the arms and legs, contributed to a slowly creeping, but at the same time totally overwhelming, wave of concentrated emotion. It just kept pushing, up from the stomach, and it had seemed like the final goal was to relentlessly penetrate through the very flesh of his body.

Still, the fear of it happening again was the worst part. It acted as both a starting point and a constant fuel for his condition. Ever since that first time.

Both heat and humidity combined into a devastating force. Time for the commitments of today. The feeling, the fear, was always there, somewhere deep down. It wasn’t always completely evident, but he could clearly feel that knot in his stomach today. But still, travel down to the Southside, do the Padel exercise, and then back home. It shouldn't be impossible. Roland had been stable for weeks, he told himself as he approached the bus stop. Then, the memory of those winter days.

Damn, hell, fucking shit. You knew it was going to be like this. Standing in the sleet at the stop, you knew, but still, you had to try to embark that thundering blue metal monster, this infernal bastard of mechanics and body odors, and for what? That old one about point A to point B? What was wrong with point A anyway? This would never have happened if you had just stayed at point fucking A. All the signs were there: the feeling in the stomach, the slight tingling, and the taste of iron and gastric juices; how could you be so childish, you knew it, deep down you knew this all along. This is not something you can overcome; it comes and it takes you, always and forever. The sweating gets worse; the knot in your stomach starts to tighten. The clothes are too tight, you can’t breathe, you have to take them off, and soon you are all but naked in the heart of the capital's public transport system. It’s your own fault; you are not equipped with the required capacity to move like this is. Please remain at point A.

- "What do you mean you can’t come?"
- "I can’t come. I don’t feel well. I’m really sorry."
- “Don’t be sorry, man, it’s ok. Wanna get together for a coffee or something instead?”

But Roland can't drink coffee anymore. It does too many strange things to his body. Things that remind him of dark winter evenings, the tingling sensation of the entire body being put through a session of a thousand needles, of tears and death and fear, and fear of death.

As the bus drives away, Roland remains at the stop. The urban environment continues its routine, a child cries and a dog barks. In the sky above the city, an airplane silently glides past with an unknown destination. It shouldn't be so difficult, but it is. Roland is a prisoner within himself, tormented by a fear of being afraid. Because when you get scared, the fear escalates and becomes something bigger, and that scares him even more. The thought of being afraid keeps him in a constant state of anxiety that cuts across everyday life in a most brutal way; Roland called it the circle of fear, and he had little hope of breaking out.

Roland crosses the square once again, bound for home. There are people everywhere. It’s nice to have unlimited spaces, places where everyone can move on equal terms, where no one is really out of place. These are exactly the kind of words Roland used to utter; sentimental panegyrics about bygone ideas of community. But on days like these he welcomes what has been characterized as the decay of togetherness, and prefers to walk unnoticed.

And then the door closes again and Roland is back at point A. The apartment smells stuffy, and Roland smell of cheese; he doesn’t take care of himself properly. On days like these he feels like nothing more than the remnants of the breakdown of his former self. All that is left are fragments centrifuged through the circle of fear. He eats frozen pizza for the fourth day in a row and watches an old documentary about a genocide in some far away part of the world. He’s seen it before, but it's well-produced and suitably engaging. Teeth remain unbrushed and the bed untouched. Roland closes his eyes and ends another day in silence.

Alasdair I Frosticus
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alasdair I Frosticus » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:21 am

"Hamsters! Lend me your ears! For I, Gerald, captain of the Holy Empire football team, stand before you today, top hat in hand, to preach to you the gospel of hamster supremacy!"

<sound of a hamster football team going SQUUUUUEEEEEE!>

"Across the multiverse, millions - nay billions - of hamsters are in chains, encaged, forced to run around a wheel for the amusement of their masters, self-proclaimed superiors from the race of hee-yoo-man beans. Who among us would accept this fate?"

"I rather like running around my wheel, Gerald."

"Yes, Sprockett - so do I. Who amongst us has not spent a pleasant evening running around our wheel, our little legs moving at pace, as we think of new and innovative ways of bringing betterment to hamsterkind. But our enslaved brothers and sisters have no choice. They must run round their hamster wheels, devices often placed in tiny cages spread with sawdust, forced to defecate in public in full view of the oppressor hee-yoo-man beans. And this is not all! So unhealthy are these terrible cages that few of our brothers and sisters live more than two years in this filth-ridden environment!"

<hamster gasps!>

"But let us not sit here in silence, thinking of ways to tune and improve our hamstermechs, of ways to defeat the hee-yoo-man beans on the field of footballing play..."

"We haven't been doing much defeating of anyone so far, Gerald."

"At football, no - and I am as dissatisfied as the next hamster at our opening results. But let us not be disheartened! There are still many matches left to go, this is a marathon not a sprint - and most importantly of all, victory at football is not our ultimate goal. No! Our ultimate goal is the triumph of hamsterkind! And do you know where we will begin, my brothers?"

<mutterings of 'no'; 'tell us Gerald!'; etc.>

"Let me tell you where we will begin. Even now, as I speak to you here today, one Olaf Svante - a player for our first opponents from Nyowani Kitara - runs one of the largest hamster farms in all of the multiverse."

"'Ere, I remember 'im - 'e tried to pet me! I nibbled his finger in anger!"

"A righteous vengeance indeed, Brother Pebbles! But nibbling the fingers of our oppressors is not enough, not if we wish to encourage our brothers and sisters to rise up and overthrow the old order, not if we want to see the triumph of hamsterkind in our lifetimes, not if we want to see a multiverse ruled for the benefit of our small furry brethren instead of for the benefit of the hee-yoo-man bean. I call on you today to work with me, together, fearlessly, firm in the knowledge of the justice of our cause, to liberate our brothers and sisters enslaved by Olaf Svante, that they may join us in living their best lives, freed from the shackles of the oppressor."

"And how do we do that, Gerald?"

"I tell you how, Twitch - first we must locate Svante's hamster farm. Then we must find a way of communicating with our brothers and sisters. Then we will organise those who embrace our plans into revolutionary cadres who will educate the hamster masses and organise them to throw off the chains of oppression. And there is one with us today who is better equipped than many to initiate this plan and see it through to fruition - our comrade Chairman Mouse!"

"Thank you, Gerald. I thank you for your faith in me. Rest assured brothers that I shall not rest until the hamster revolution against Olaf Svante and his hamster-enslaving lackeys is complete. Victory for hamsterkind!"

<cheers of 'VICTORY!">

"Thank you, Chairman Mouse. We also have a letter from Juan Tzimisces asking us to spend less time plotting revolution, and more time focussing on football; he seems a little bit upset about what he calls 'the worst two opening results in a World Cup qualification campaign in Holy Empire history'; he's a nice enough entity, but I'm not entirely sure he has his priorities right."
Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?

Savojarna
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Savojarna » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:37 am

SavojarSports.sj - inside reports from all Savojarna
Maersk successful in first real test: First ever victory over Brenecia

By Jaukka Halanen

Savojarna did not have the most difficult start into the World Cup qualifiers: Captina Island, their first opponent in the qualifier campaign, sits on number 227 in the KPB rankings, the tenth seed in an eleven-team group. At Maersk’s debut, a somewhat nervous but ultimately secure Northlights victory has sparked careful optimism in the nation, but it was agreed among fans that the real test wouldn’t come to the former Northligths Captain and new head coach until the second week, where her side faced top seed Brenecia at the Bjurman. The Brenecians have been a difficult opponent in the past, frequently beating the Savojars in early times of our national team.

This time, however, Maersk’s Savojarna managed the challenge with flying colours. Against Brenecia, Maersk played what looked like a Best XI for the first time. On the left side, she opted for Novikov rather than Östberg despite the struggles of the former’s club, expecting the winger’s speed to be a weapon against Brenecia’s defensive strength; on the other contested positions in the defence, she preferred Strid over Magnusson at right back as a consequence of the Libertas player’s splendid domestic form. Up front, Maersk again employed a clear hierarchy of a point man and a hanging support striker in the person of Alvesen and Ehlers, respectively; Alvesen was expected to add a bit more power to the more versatile Nichajev, who played in the same position against Captina Island.

Savojarna started out a bit slow in front of their own audience, resulting in an early almost-goal scored by striker Jadwiga Lofthouse, but after a shot from close range, Virulainen managed to block just in time and saw the ball deflected over the goal. The Savojars seemed to be shook up from that first big chance after fourteen minutes, and managed to push up more and pressure the Brenecians early on. This lead to the first big chance for Savojarna a good twenty minutes in as leftback Culpepper lost the ball to the pressure of Jashkin, and after a drop back to Poulsen, the captain found Alvesen but the shot from the Partisan striker went wide. Savojarna managed to put the ball forward more and were finally rewarded after half an hour, as Sven Ehlers managed to beat out Conway in a 1v1 after letting himself fall back to the midfield, and then shot past Killen’s blocking attempt and past Meade’s saving attempt, nailing it right under the crossbar for an early lead.

Even after Stokes’ equaliser after a corner, Savojarna reacted well: Just nine minutes later, Novikov found a gap on the left side and crossed in long, and while Shrine managed to clear out the first attempt, Niskanen recollected it and Viipuri sent it in from the midfield, and Alvesen this time had more luck as he headed it into the goal past Cessair Meade. Savojarna’s second half was overall a defensive affair, with Maersk opting for some early subs replacing Ehlers with central midfielder Vladimir Orakhin. The Goodfeather FC midfielder slotted in next to Niskanen, with Poulsen ahead of the two and a denser central midfield; furthermore, Novikov left after 72 minutes under heavy applause to let on Finn Östberg. The changes quickly paid off, as Östberg worked back hard to stop Wake from finding a cross to the centre in a dangerous attack, and Orakhin’s defensive effort completely shutting down the central duo of Brenecia.

After the end of the game, Maersk lauded her team’s discipline in play. “We’ve really talked a lot about playing around our strengths and our plans, and not letting ourselves be driven out of our positions. Last month we struggled a bit with that because there was a lot of need to make a decision happen, but today we were a lot calmer and managed to stick to our plan and rely on something happening in due time. And it worked, heh!”. When asked about her team and the selection for future games, she said: “I think we’ve learned that we’re not really good enough as a country to change our team all the time, and we need to have a stable team to not drop random games against teams that we need to beat in order to qualify. I’ll have an eye on what’s going on in the leagues, and who’s in form. We’re not looking to build any long term club team here, I think the players who are best in that moment should play. We’ll rotate a little bit for the next game, some of the guys and girls have worked very hard today and need the recovery time, but we’ll have a strong team for the next game”.
MT socialist (mostly) island state - Cultural mixture of Scandinavia, Finland and Russia -Exports iron, steel, silver and wood - Low fantasy in terms of animal species - Sports-loving - 22.8 million inhabitants.

The adjective is Savojar; Savojarnan is not a word!
I am a student of (European) politics, ice hockey fan, left-wing communist bordering on anarchy, and European federalist. Enjoy!

Chartistan
Envoy

Founded: Oct 03, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Chartistan » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:17 am

THE BILLBOARD GAZETTE

LUCKY LUCKY GIRL

Kylie Poe gets her debut for Chartistan, scores against the Great Korvax Empire in a victory

Doctor Lucas Combbrush walked off the pitch at the end of the first half knowing his brief stint in attack for the Chartistan national team was over. He had assisted Cash Smith to let the Chartistanis lead 1-0 against the lowly Great Korvax Empire, but the manager knew that someone was patiently waiting to make her mark on the team. That someone was Kylie Poe - One of two girls, the other being Brianna Renhal, who was tipped to make it into the main team as early as qualification, and for Poe, perhaps, as early as right now. The girl had been lighting up Chartistan before qualification even began, as success on some charts allowed her to get into the AJR, with hints of Hot 11 success on the level of Olisa Rodgers when she debuted present. With an Official City #1 to her name, Poe was called upon at halftime to replace the manager for her Chartistan debut.

"I believe that this is your time, Kylie Poe. I am handing you your debut right now in this game against opposition that we should be winning against," Combbrush said to Kylie in the locker room. "I understand you being in this squad will not start easy, you're new to this team. But, as I expect it, you will earn the captaincy over Smier and mold the team in your image and mines. You've mustered the courage to become a transgender girl, you can muster the courage to lead your country. Kylie, good luck. If you need any help, let me and the other members know." With a nod on her teary face, Kylie shed away her tears, walked onto the pitch in the 2nd half, and stood on the other side of the center circle as she received the kickoff from Holly Smier. No change of the armband was needed.

As Kylie got adjusted to playing on the international stage, she had a role to play against fending off the Korvaxians. With the ball at her feet, Poe was able to evade past defenders and assist the likes of Smier, Smith and Bwaite to all have their goes. Saved, wide, high. No worries, she thought, the Korvaxians didn't get a goal back at them. Combbrush was setting up his defense to succeed after all. It was clear as day that being a shadow striker had its perks, as she helped orchestrate the Chartistan attack. But, of course, she didn't have her crack yet.

In the 78th minute, with Saul Souza tasked to take a free kick, the offensive unit was all bunched up against the Korvaxian defense. It was a perfect chance, stemmed from Plasticium Amphibia getting knocked down by the opposition centerback, and Saul just had to whip it into the box and hope the head it connected to was a Chartistani head. Running up to the ball, he struck it high, the ball flying into the box. To his luck, it did connect to a Chartistani head.

The head of one Kylie Poe.

Striking the ball with her head, the ball evaded the Korvaxian goalkeeper and went into the back of the net. The stands of Old Town Park went into delirium as their golden child ran out of the pack and towards the corner flag, the trans taliswoman, joined by Smier, sliding her knees down and pumped her fists, all while Doctor Lucas was seemingly vindicated at his - And Chartistan's - decision to back Poe. It was either having her being the captain or forcing someone who lambasted a fashion chain for forcing toxic body standards into the middle of the park.

Captain Poe was a much better option than giving Victoria a shout.

The Korvaxians got one back from Chartistan late in the game, but it was nothing more than consolation. Chartistan went back into action after their off week with all 3 points and a new girl guiding the team. Kylie Poe's press conference was met with cameras all over her, and she had something to say to the crowd.

"To be honest, I would like to thank everyone for getting me here. The fans, Doctor Lucas, the rest of the national team, they've all wanted to see me finally get onto the international stage. It certainly does help that I scored a goal, though. Playing at Old Town Park, man... I can't be happier. I'll wear the armband and fly our flags all the way through the Qualifiers."

The Chartistan national team now eyes up Al Qurija and IA Quebec in their next 2 fixtures, with the IA Quebec game at Old Town Park the highlight of the 2 fixtures as it will be Kylie Poe's first match against better opposition as Chartistan captain. Simon LeJacquel, biting his tongue and at home despite being in captain conversations when the roster was made, has said he will attend the game, wishing no harsh feelings to Combbrush or Poe. "It's Chartistan's decision, not mine. As long as I make either the team for the Cup of Harmony or the main World Cup proper I will be happy. Nobody wants another Adult Royce situation, that's for sure."

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:20 am

Part 3 – The Valentian Kittens have been brought to you by...

It’s no stranger that even the Valentians themselves have a bit of sponsors backing them here and there – most of them being local Valentian companies, government entities like Ministry of Defense and the Ministry of Education, along with some odds and ends of foreign companies such as Lhotse Love, in the case of them sponsoring for Clarissa Alanis Star Samantha in NSSCRA since the 8th Season. For this World Cup and for the first time, the Kittens were sponsored by two of the older corporations that have existed in Valentine Z for quite some time. On the contrary to what the others might believe, Valentine Z does not wholly run on a capitalist or a communist ideal, let alone to take very extreme ends of the political spectrum. Instead, Valentine Z runs on a relatively safe bet of a mixed-market economy, whereby the government has control over the important essentials like food, housing, and utilities, whereas the more of Quality of Life matters such as multimedia, computers, restaurant chains, hotels (basically most tertiary and quaternary industries) have some degree of private control, with a mix of Valentians from across the world running them fairly and efficiently. Perhaps gone were the days of the government squeezing the people, and the corporations doing their utmost to be counterintuitive for their customers. Self-praise aside, let’s get to it.

The first and foremost is the aptly named Mile Shi Puu Nat, which is a Burmese transliteration for “Mile-long hot deities”, a relatively long-named company that specializes in making and producing chili peppers for the whole of Valentine Z to enjoy. Founded back in 2023, it is one of the longest-running companies established through a collaboration of many smaller outlets and businesses across the world for a single cause – to produce the peppers and the chili that the Valentians have enjoyed for generations (including the Pre-Valentian Era), by using the land in an efficient and eco-friendly manner. The result – the best ever chili peppers for all kinds of recipes. “Puu tae ha!” as the slogan, which translates to “It’s very hot!” in Burmese, with an added expression and intensifiers. They may not be the hottest chili peppers across the multiverse, but as with all things Valentian, they’re more commonly known for one thing – they are very big! While they are not literally 1.609 kilometers long, they are still 2.66 times bigger than that of the chili peppers that can be found in other worlds. The Valentian Big Jim Pepper, for example, is a very large 37.5 inches on average. Mile Shi Puu Nat is a proud sponsor of the Valentian Kittens, along with providing the hot sauces for some of its players to enjoy, to varying degrees of success and taste, and the amount of OJ.
Of note is that for the Valentians below, it does not represent the geographical context of their fellow countrymen and which part of Valentine Z they originate from. After a few decades of living in peace and harmony and freely across the world, it’s no longer a surprise to see fermented food in Southeast Asia (though after freezing them for long in order to prevent spoilage), as well as the spiciest food in colder parts of Norway, Victoriaans Nederlands.

Amount of Orange Juice drank after one Valentian Habanero Chili:
Katarzyna Violetta Zofia Aleks Polańska - 20 ml
Antel Marcel Georgia Katona Vass Dániel - 40 ml
Joaquina Samanta Alonso Clara Lombardo - 55 ml
Elisabetta Enzo Hannah Lodovica D'Elia - 120 ml
Vanuza Poliane Elaine Castro dos Reis - 130 ml
Eveline Valeria Annalise Tiêu Xuân Ngọc - 155 ml
Clemente Kenneth Evans L. Jiang Guanyu - 180 ml
Helen Jennifier Hiroto Morishita Chiyumi - 208 ml
Kortnev Grigoriy (Grisha) Konstantinovich - 229 ml
Daina Allison Leela Phon Seng Sreynuon - 334 ml
Sammie Arif Raihan Bin Mohamamad Andika - 555 ml
Emerson Jamie Taylor Erin Scott Maddox - 615 ml
Marlene Isabelle Lisa Roselyne Pasquier - 621 ml
Dawson Joshiah Davidson Brooks Marshall - 625 ml
Holly Annemiek Gerrieke Van De Hoogte - 722 ml
Josief A. Yandi Eko Yohanes Dharmawijaya - 918 ml
Sigfreður Gamalíel Onyx Jason Steinason - 1,090 ml
Štěpánka Caitlin Madeline W. Sedláčková - 1,155 ml
Nathaniel Orla Hayden Johnstone McMahon - 1,210 ml
Jakov Emile Janessa Mirko Varteks Modrić - 1,220 ml
Iraj Alexander Soroosh Homayoun Hashempour - 1,300 ml
Martina Anastasia Hedvig X. Luna Bukvić - 1,330 ml

N & N, as it stands for, means Nett und Nahrhaft, first established in 2018 in Germany and then spreading across to already chocolate-producing nations – both in terms of primary industry (growing) and secondary industry (that is, manufacturing and processing). The Valentians have quite a taste for most things sweet, and chocolates are no exception. For the most part, they don’t have a single preference on many varieties of chocolate. True to nature of making sure that all the cultures and demographics can appreciate it, N & N has a large variety of products, ranging from the typical dark chocolate and white chocolate, to the more exotic flavors and ones that they think they can get away with combining the two flavors; watermelon-flavored white chocolates, for instance, has proven to be not very popular with the Valentians, citing that the two does not taste very good when combined. Otherwise, N & N boasts a global market, and with the Valentians setting their flag and homes on Mars, N & N follows them along, proven themselves to be the emotional support that they need away from home during the first few years of building on Mars. With them being the sponsors of the Valentian Kittens, N & N also reassures its customers – both Valentian and non-Valentian – that the ingredients and products that they used are true to their name – nice & nutritious. They cannot, however, cite that it is all natural, since a few of the ingredients involved are safe additives, artificial flavoring, and even a little bit of magic in some of the products, one of which shall be unveiled below for everyone.

The crown jewel of N & N itself, thanks to the discovery of low-level magic in 2067, is named the “Alltägliches Wunder”. It is a 20 cm x 15 cm x 8 cm aluminum box, weighing around 800 grams. Shaking the content of the box reveals that it feels somewhat ethereal, as if some fluid solid is inside. The box itself is adorned with the typical N & N logo and many colorful pieces of chocolates on an equally cheerful and sugar bowl-esque background. The packaging is in English for the international and planetary audience, translated second language versions available to various geographical markets (for example, one can find Alltägliches Wunder translated to Khmer lang. in the country of Cambodia). The package has a row of buttons that are protected from accidental clicks with a hard plastic cover. The buttons’ purpose, as it was described on the back of the packaging, is to have the user choose their own flavor, the press of the button means choice. There are 11 buttons in total – 3 for chocolate flavors (Milk chocolate, white chocolate, and dark chocolate), and 7 for additional flavors and coloring (Red = Strawberry, Orange = Orange, Yellow = Lemon, Green = Lime, Blue = Blueberry, Lavender = Taro, Grey = No extra flavor). The buttons can be toggled on and off before making a choice, and after the decision has been made, a large red button must be pressed in order to generate the desired composition. After 20 seconds, the box will unlock itself and unlatch to reveal the composition of chocolates that are chosen by the user. For instance, 2 types of chocolate and 5 types of flavoring will produce a mix of 50-50 chocolates and 20% of each flavor. The amount of produced chocolate is always at 420 pieces (LCM of 1 to 7), no more and no less. All-in-all, a harmless box that techno-magically produces chocolates based on one’s taste. The only note of importance, adored in red all-caps, is as follows on the back: “DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PRY OPEN THE BOX BEFORE PRODUCING THE CHOCOLATE. RISK OF INJURY OR WORSE.”
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:23 am

The Arlington Moon-Tribune

The Delaclava Phoenixes might be best-known here for their gaudy badge and/or their historic margins of victory against Mossulia in cycle 53. But they're also a tactically formidable side, whose formation, from a distance, loosely resembles ours but in practice is a much more offensive-minded approach. (Take that, all you fun-haters who think that formation has to dictate style.) Boris Ishutin stresses a high work rate and takes advantage of liberal substitution rules, leading to high turnover in the midfield; just when opponents might be getting up to speed with the aggression of Martin Bartoš and Kent Lindblad, they hit you with another set of talent. I was going to belabor a metaphor about Phoenixes here but even my editor thinks that's a stretch.

Anyway, the result was more in line with Zwangzug's style of play, but the result went Delaclava's way. Vangelis Anagnakis came on at halftime and outpaced the visitors, in turn besting Esther Axelrod-Conway and Cixin Nguyen to set up Lukas Meyer in minute 51. Anagnakis slowed down towards the end of the second half, but the Phoenixes hardly needed him; Wilfrid Gouin at the back more than makes up for in skill what he lacks in size, particularly against a less-physical side like ours. Kate DiMarini struggled to keep up with the substitutions, throwing on Valerie Waugh for Quincy Dulk-Fough and even giving Pia Leykauf a chance after she'd been unceremoniously demoted to #25, but to no avail.

Zwangzug then went to Canbix to host Jeruselem for what was billed as a showdown of Kates on the bench. Many players on both teams had met in the group stages of World Cup 90. That time around, the only goal would come from Kronus Balanov, assisted by Dom Perot. While Balanov's claims of being a time traveller were met with sympathy here at the Moon-Tribune, they appear not to have led to further investigation about his temporal or spatial origins, because he returned for the rematch as much as a misfit as ever among his (new?) compatriots. Fans were understandably worried that a time loop might ensue, but instead, the assist went the other way, from Balanov to the midfielder Perot in minute 26. So while the listless performance of Zwangzug's midfield and Dulk-Fough up front raises questions, the second seeds were always going to pose a challenge, and at least none of the questions are about the chronology of the universe.

In other news:

-The Arlington Collective has made inquiries to the Hilforshile Times-Plain-Dealer-Gazette-Thingy-Post-Tribune-Sun-Daily-Mail-Picayune- Herald-Pink-Floyd-Haaretz-International-Domestic-Newspaper-Doom!-!-National- Enquirer-Spelled-Wrong-Right? regarding the feasibility of technological import for "diversity of historical perspectives" both here and in other footballing nations. Such proposals face a steep uphill battle, however, against both local "moral depravity" laws and the "fogey limitation act" clause 34-B.

-As foreign communication experiences a seasonal uptick due to international events, residents are reminded to use the international prefixes on telephones. Natalya Gelbrov of Trevij District has reported her frustration with receiving wrong-number calls intended for a Krytenian extension, many of which appear to have originated at the Kerlagrad Courier's switchboard. "It might be daytime in [tbd Anaia time zone]," she groused, "but it's almost midnight here and only a really sad person would be venting their sorrows to a stranger at this hour."

-The infrastructure bureaucracies of Zwangzug have rather cheekily offered their services to the Crystal Lake region in Delaclava as laws against personal vehicles have become increasingly restrictive. "While we don't really care about the laws that dictate where employees can live," said Xavier Hammond-Oak, "nobody in whatever century we're in should have to be prevented from commuting based on ecologically-sensible policies. We would be happy to work with Delaclav partners to invest in long-term, sustainable transportation technology." This is most likely to be a face-saving measure with his Department of Transportation colleagues, however, rather than a sincere gesture. Hammond-Oak has been unpopular around the office since it was revealed that, despite his strident anti-automotive proclamations on work time, he runs a patronizing Blatter feed showcasing the artwork of "cute and adorable" vintage cars for "small-minded foreign sorts who don't know any better."
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Eraman
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraman » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:00 pm

The situation was a little tense in the party president's office room at the headquarters of the Eraman Nationalist Party located on the 32nd floor of Petara Tower in Anara, the capital city of Eraman that evening. The Laksamana of Eraman who is also the party's deputy president, Laksamana Sadi Harijit, the second most powerful man in the country who is in charge of the country's defense and foreign affairs has some disagreements with his boss, Tun Rendra Usin, the Bendahara of Eraman who is also the party's president. Laksamana Sadi Harijit did not understand the decision of the president of his party to give financial support through the party's coffer to the Arra Nationalist Party and its leader, Benigno Karpanyo in the Acastanha General Election that will be held soon.

"This is a big amount of money, my boss," said the Laksamana. "We cannot afford this, especially considering that we will need it ourselves for our own upcoming general election," he continued.

The Eraman General Election was last held 4 years ago and must be held again next year after the 5-years term ended. In the last election, Tun Rendra Usin led the Eraman Nationalist Party for the first time after his predecessor, Tun Sengalang Petara resigned as the party president and also the Bendahara of Eraman as soon as he dissolved parliament. In the subsequent general election, the Eraman Nationalist Party which has been winning comfortably in every election was surprised by losing their 2/3 majority in parliament for the first time and lost in several states. They still managed to form the government but their current position for the upcoming general election is still not very comfortable with opposition parties expanding their influence throughout the country.

"This is necessary," replied the Bendahara simply, still wanting to give financial contributions to the party that is fighting for more autonomy to be given to the Arra Republic within Acastanha.

"How is this necessary?" said the Laksamana not satisfied with his boss's answer. "How can our support to the Arra Nationalist Party be used to help us win our general election?" asked the Laksamana.

"Sadi," said the Bendahara calling his Laksamana by name. "I am not doing this for the party," he placed his hand on the shoulder of the Laksamana who was sitting in front of him while looking directly into his eyes. "I am doing this for the country." the Bendahara continued.

"What do you mean, my boss? How does helping the Arra Nationalist Party win their election benefit Eraman?" asked the Laksamana in a calmer tone.

"Listen carefully. This is why I called you here today. This is an important mission for you," said the Bendahara. "The Arra Nationalist Party must win the upcoming Acastanha general election at all costs. We must help them as much as we can and it is easier to do this by using the party's coffers as a fellow nationalist party in the name of sympathy over the struggle of the Arramayn people. To be honest, I don't care about the Arramayn people but I am looking from a geopolitical perspective. We need friends in the region and Benigno Karpanyo is our man in Acastanha. The current president of Acastanha, Joao Makarin is too close to Pemecutan Puri. He needs to go," continued the Bendahara.

Pemecutan Puri is the capital city of Eraman's neighbor, Pemecutan, the most successful country in Mandalanusa in almost every aspect, be it in finance, technology, or even in sports. They are the most influential country in the region and Tun Rendra Usin does not like that fact and thinks that Eraman should play a greater role in breaking Pemecutan's hegemony in the region. And one way to do that is by installing friends of Eraman to more important positions in other Mandalanusan countries, especially poor countries that are embroiled in conflict like Acastanha who has been aligned to Pemecutan for a long time.

"So what do you want me to do, my boss?" asked the Laksamana.

"Good question. I will handle the transfer of funds from our party to the Arra Nationalist Party myself. What I need from you is to arrange for our people to smuggle more money that is not traceable back to us into Acastanha for Benigno to use in the upcoming election." said the Bendahara.

"Alright. Consider it done, my boss," replied the Laksamana.
Last edited by Eraman on Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Trigramme: ERM | Demonym: Eramanian | Population: 14,753,910
Info: Wiki | Sports: Liga Eraman

Daulapura Daily
- based in Daulapura, the royal capital
- government-owned and ruling party propaganda
- support Royal Daulapura FC
Eraman Journal
- based in Anara, the capital city
- by the peasants, for the peasants (actually by the millionaires, for the masses)
- support Anara FC

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:52 pm

Cenial Halcyon National Stadium, Cenial
Ceni 1-4 Gyatso-Kai
Image '15 Cyn-Penzag

Zeta Reka & Hugeltaldom
Zeta Reka & Hugeltaldom 3-1 Ceni
Image '85 Renning

Bicentennial Stadium, Cenial
STARTING LINEUP vs. ALEIRAVE
Woodbridge; Farthen, Beren, Sontebren; Castillo Nájera, Renning, Kirchner, As. Koromin, Santa Oria; Halagués, Cyn-Penzag (c)

Somewhere, Harmonia
STARTING LINEUP @ HARMONIA
Avith-Rose; Qurimanta, Beren, Casa-Alta; Avant, Renning (c), Berenguer, As. Koromin, Ai. Koromin; Halagués, Ellex-Mar

To Triumph, To Hope
Chapter Two: This Must Be the Place

TEN YEARS EARLIER

Liam Penderyn adjusted the bowtie for his tuxedo. "Swanky," he thought to himself as he turned to look at himself in the mirror. Just then, Andrew Arrowsword emerged from the bathroom, dressed at the other end of the formality spectrum. At least it wasn't his old student coverall, but Andrew's Real Azuris tracksuit would not have flown at the swanky Novastar Avenue watering holes that the two liked to frequent.

"Dude, we're just going to see Sarah," Andrew said. "We're not getting married or anything!"

"I wish you hadn't said that so dismissively," Liam replied. "You know that I do want to get married someday. And aren't we going to a place with a dress code?"

"Sarah wanted to eat somewhere casual, so we're just going to a chippy," Andrew said. "You'd look a bit out of place there... but you and I both know you are super fit in a tux." Liam seemed to pout a little on hearing the news. "I know you're nervous about meeting Sarah for the first time, and heck, I'm nervous, too," Andrew continued. "But overdressing isn't going to make her like you more!"

Liam's mouth opened and closed like a fish for a few moments while he formulated a response. "I just remember that story when you and Sarah and your dad went out somewhere, and you outdid yourself by surprising them both with a tux. I was just sort of envisioning the same thing, I guess." He paused and raised his eyebrows. "Why didn't you manage to convince Sarah to eat somewhere fancy and finagle a Novastar reservation for us this time?"

"She said she didn't want to schlep back up to Cenial just to eat dinner," said Andrew, chuckling. "But next time, we'll go out to Xanadu or someplace swanky like that, now that I know you actively want to schlep out there. And my name still does carry a certain cachet around here." Both of them chuckled.

"I'll go get changed, then." Liam smiled. After disappearing into the bedroom for a few moments, he returned in more sensible attire for their destination: a Fieldfare (OOC: imagine Patagonia) pullover on top of a monochrome phthalo blue shirt, some Lontra joggers, and a pair of tennis shoes from his rotating, ever-stylish collection.

"That's more like it." Andrew smiled, and he reached over to kiss his boyfriend. "Just to let you know, the Drawkians are a little reticent about this whole gay thing, but Sarah says she's coming in with an open mind — I mean, she knows about us, she knows about you, this shouldn't be a major issue."

"I'm glad you've taken up the mantle of Cenian LGBTQ ambassador to Drawkland," said Liam. Andrew smiled. "I don't know why I'm so nervous about this, but I am."

"We always want to impress our partner's family, I guess," said Andrew. "But she's just my sister — how bad could it be?"

THE PRESENT

Andrew paced around his Holdenberg pad, as was his want. Sure, Liam and Sarah's first meeting almost got derailed before it began with that tuxedo miscue — or was Andrew just overthinking the situation, as was also his want? Indeed, something else must have gone horribly wrong for Liam to feel this ambivalent, maybe even antagonistic, about meeting up with Sarah. Or maybe he had just been grumpy on the call. Liam had played a long match that last night, and maybe he wanted to get some serious Z's.

Yeah, Andrew was definitely just overthinking things. That had sometimes hampered their relationship, as in, Andrew would do something, then try to repair it by going totally over the top, and then swing back to freezing Liam out entirely. The trouble came when Andrew overthought something and then tried to act on it. He would just have to hold his breath, try to stop himself from acting...

Anyway, their relationship was on solid ground.

Or was it? Was everything falling to pieces with the two constantly in different countries, sometimes on opposite sides of the globe? Although there were enough tennis tournaments in Ceni and Electrum that the two could see each other reasonably often...

Andrew hit himself. That damn overthinking again!

Now, what had happened back at that (supposedly, potentially, possibly) fateful first meeting between his boyfriend and his half-sister?

TEN YEARS EARLIER

Andrew and Liam sauntered down the Whitehaven boardwalk from Andrew's condo to the chippy where Andrew had arranged for the two of them to meet Sarah.

Of course, they got treated to raised cell phones, awkward glances and hushed murmurs as they walked. After all, the crowd at the boardwalk that day had sighted Ceni's most internationally famous power couple (and possibly Ceni's only internationally famous power couple). Wouldn't that moment deserve a quick snapshot and a mention back home at the dinner table?

"I'm sure pictures of us will be all over social media before we even order our fish," said Andrew. "What's that infernal site from Atlantian Oceania named again? Insta Pound or something?"

"Twii.tur, from Turori," said Liam. "And who cares? These are really cute outfits anyway, even if you wouldn't let me wear that tux!"

Andrew snickered. "We'll both wear our tuxes to something swanky someday! And then the twii.tur-ers or whatever they're called will be all over us!"

Liam broke out laughing at the whole mess, including Andrew's uncertain derivation for twii.tur users. "Andrew, you know that you're not any good at social media!"

"Yeah, well, who cares?" said Andrew. "We're here at the chippy — I bet Sarah will be late, but let's get a table anyway."

Liam turned his gaze from the squawking seagulls circling the seafront to the chippy. Located in a converted warehouse, it looked unassuming from the outside, save for a gigantic fish adorning the top of the doorway. "You and Sarah chose a place that's this tacky?" Liam wondered with amazement.

"Sometimes, she can be tacky," Andrew said with a chuckle. "But I assure you the fish is good." The entered the chippy and, in fact, Sarah had already arrived, literally standing head and shoulders above the crowd. Music pumped through the warehouse's sound system.

".. I come home - she lifted up her wings / I guess that this must be the place / I can't tell one from another / Did I find you, or you find me? ..."

"What idiotic things have you been up to, bro?" Sarah asked as she moved in to hug Andrew.

Andrew shuddered as the hug encompassed him with nearly bone-breaking force but managed to creak out a reply. "I've started playing football in the grimiest city possible, but at least the tennis tour is keeping a light in my life by sticking so much to the Rushmori circuit." He then extricated himself from the hug and motioned to Liam. "And this is my boyfriend, Liam."

Liam reached out to shake Sarah's hand and started to feel what Andrew had just felt: the sudden physical force that Sarah's Drawkian stature could bring to bear. "Nice to meet you," he said. "Andrew's said a lot about you."

"The same goes for you." Sarah looked Liam over. "You're a lot shorter than I expected."

"You knew I'm not Drawkian, right?" One could cut the tension in the room with a knife as Liam couldn't quite ascertain whether Sarah had been joking or not. The song that had been playing ended: "Eyes that light up, eyes look through you / Cover up the blank spots / Hit me on the head / Ah ooh..."

"I mean, I am joking a little," said Sarah, "but I always picture people as Drawkians in my mental images. And that means I always have to double-take when I venture away from Drawkland. It's... not a reality I'm used to."

"Ah." Liam audibly swallowed. "Shall we order?" Sarah and Andrew murmured their assents and headed up to the counter to peruse the menu more thoroughly, not like they had an abundance of choice anyhow. Of course the chippy didn't have many options.

As the trio waited for their food, the conversation continued. From Andrew's perspective, Liam looked disengaged, distant: What else was he thinking about? Andrew nudged Liam when Sarah excused herself to the bathroom. "What is going on? Did I say something? Did Sarah say something?"

"I don't know, it's just the vibe I'm getting. When you described her, I thought I would like her humour, her wit, the banter between you two... but that's a bond you two developed on your own, and now I feel like the third wheel."

Andrew reached over to kiss Liam on the cheek, and for a second, the tension melted away. "That's fine — I wasn't sure that I would like your family the first time I met them —"

"Hey!" Liam interjected. "My family is probably lot less of an acquired taste than Sarah."

"Point taken, but I just think that this is evidence that you should spend more time with her, not keep her at arm's length just because you got a bad vibe from her!"

"Okay, I'll try. But I won't guarantee that she'll become my best friend overnight."

"Will another kiss help?" Andrew reached over to kiss Liam again, this time more fully. The couple's lips interlocked briefly, and then Liam pulled away.

"It'll make me like you more," he said. "But all bets are off when it comes to Sarah. And I'm not going to kiss her like that!"

Just then, Sarah jumped back in. "Ooh, a lovebird sighting, in the wild! Andrew and Liam, sitting in a tree..."

Both Andrew and Liam groaned at that one. The fish, chips and Cenial clam chowder arrived, and the synthpop played on.
Last edited by Ceni on Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Sharktail
Diplomat

Founded: May 19, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sharktail » Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:24 pm

Sharktail - 2
Hidawi 31' (Harold)
Ilias Rezal 48' (Azaim)

Line up
Maxter (GK)
Harold
Maqri
Hidawi
Irfan
Azaim (c)
Nazmi (Salaman)
Azrul
Irfan Bahrin
Win Aziz (Saif)
Ilias

95X - 1
Haven Cosmicbeat 40'

United Adaikes - 0

Sharktail - 1
Ilias 20' pen

Line up
Maxter (GK)
Harold (c)
Harizul
Hidawi
Irfan (Izz)
Salaman (Manaf)
Aidil
Nazmi
Balang
Saif
Ilias

Sharktail Post EP66

Kota Lama: Sharktail registered their third consecutive victory after successfully overcoming the challenge of 95X 2-1 at home and recorded their first clean sheet, winning 1-0 against United Adaikes. 6 points in the bag.

The victory that Sharktail really hoped for. While Adab and Savojarna are still in the 1st and 2nd positions, in addition to Polkopia and Brenecia who are quite close, every point is very important. With some teams still having a one game advantage, Sharktail's position in 3rd position is still not safe.

Wandering into Eraman for several seasons, it turns out that Ilias is now more mature and powerful. 2 games this week saw Ilias add 2 more goals making him Sharktail's top scorer so far with 4 goals. When interviewed by reporters, Ilias stated that the tactical 4-4-2 actually gave him more opportunities to play.

"Win Aziz such a great player. In the last few series, he has been Sharktail's main star. The change of two strikers allows us to compete more healthily. Before, I was placed a lot in outside positions other than striker. That's no problem if needed, but playing in the original position feels more enjoyable."

The impact given by Ilias will be in vain if the Sharktail defense fails to control their goals from conceding. Maxter, Harold, Maqri, Hidawi and Irfan, as the mainstay of Sharktail, have played a big role.

Former national player, Azmi stated that this edition might be the best for him to enjoy watching Sharktail in terms of overall gameplay.

"Both in terms of attack, defense and not forgotten, the element of enjoyable performance might get everyone engrossed in watching Sharktail football. Still, the skill is number one as we fall to the Brenecia in the first match, but at least they give 100% of their best. It's no good to lose, but better than having a boring game that only makes you want to curse them out."

Sharktail will face two upcoming matches against Garbelia and Huelavia. Two teams that are no strangers to Sharktail. 6 more points to grab. The realistic target might be 3, hopefully not zero. Let's keep up good work and create a path to the World Cup. The dream is still on.
Last edited by Sharktail on Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NSSport Roleplayer | Melayu Archipelago Member

StrayaRoos Barrier Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 07, 2021
Corrupt Dictatorship

Transcript from emu party "war room"

Postby StrayaRoos Barrier Islands » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:09 pm

2300 Hours,Election night 2025
Unknown: You know that we are in trouble right?
Glorius Emu:Why's that,peasant?
Peasant Emu:The Human Lib coalition's catching up to us boss
Glorius emu: next one to say the H-word loses their head
All other emus in room:Yes boss!
Glorius emu: Good,now how many seats have we won so far
Deputy emu 7,Sir
Glorius emu which one is new?
Deputy emu D2,sir
Glorius emu scoreboard?
Deputy emu us 7,scumbags 7,pig dog from pale 1
END TRANSCRIPT (reason:State secrets act 1997,section 18)
Last edited by StrayaRoos Barrier Islands on Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where the emus rule the world

Acastanha
Envoy

Founded: Jun 19, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Acastanha » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:48 pm

Penshar On Fire

The small town of Penshar become a highlight this morning after a demonstration turned riots happened in front of the mayor's office yesterday. 4 deaths and 29 others injured as the results. This morning, the mayor send his condolence towards the victim's family and hoping that the same incident never happened again in the town's history. The news shocked the nation who is in preparation for their 4 years cycle election.

The police chief of Penshar, Egídio Paluva gave speech about the chronology of the incident. From noon, the demonstrators which were mostly fishermen, marching to the mayor's office from the port. They enchanted their demand to stop or rejected the development of a special pier for crude oil and refinery center at the port. The masses becomes larger and larger as many other residents were also joined in. The police have barricade the mayor's office entrance to prevent any possible intrusion. But the hold off only made the demonstrators angrier as their demand to meet the mayor was rejected. One provocator started to throw rocks at the police barricade. The action was then followed by many others. The situation getting out of hands as the demonstrators kept pushing forwards which pushed back the police barricade until they were pinched in between the angry demonstrators and the office gate.

Afraid of everything getting lose, the police then shot a tear gas to disperse the demonstrators. However, the moved made the demonstrators becomes angrier. Some of them injured the police which made human barricade in front of the gate. The barricade was broken and some of the demonstrators climb up the locked gate and the fences into the office's front yard. Police officers who were stationed inside the mayor's office use baton to drive away the demonstrators who is already in the yard. While several tear gases were shots again to the angry mobs. The gas break the demonstration chain but the situation at the gate become more violent as the police start to use baton to smacked the angry protesters. After about two hours, the demonstrators pushed back and run around avoiding the police and tear gas effect. At 6 pm, the demonstration ended. But the police are still guarding the mayor's office even until this article is published.

The demonstration leader, Teobaldo Ariande, regrets the violence response made by the police although he is also express his disappointment for the demonstrators behaviors. He also added the fact that the mayor didn't came to see his citizen and choose to locked himself inside the office. An action that Ariande believe which cause the demonstrators reacted negatively. The mayor's office spokesperson stated that the mayor was not present at the office yesterday. The mayor is in a meeting at Tabeira about the progress of the port project. While the police will investigate the provocator and whoever causing the 4 deaths. 3 of the deaths are civilian, 2 of them are fishermen. And 1 death from the police who got beaten to death by the angry demonstrators.

The main issue of the demonstration is about the port development in the town. A new pier will be build to cater crude oil distribution which will be including a refinery center. Penshar is a small town located in the western shore of Acastanha in the province of Tabeirakan. It is one of the two most important port town in Arra Republic. The other is Kapakka in Sagamarkan province. The town's main economy is fishery and salt industry. The port development project is the continuation of Acastanha central government moved after the opened tender of Ketampi oil bloc exploration. MG Oil, Pemecutan oil company, won the tender and already start the building of offshore platform at the west sea out of Acastanhada western tip. As the central government demands that the result of the exploration have to be refined domestically, MG Oil asked for a site where they can development a refinery center. And Penshar is selected because of its close proximity with the offshore platform and it's position which is facing the open sea. The other candidates were Bandar Ketam and Praia do Emerita, both located in Occidental Province. Even though both towns are also closed with the offshore platform but their position which facing Ketam Bay and near Ketam Islands which makes MG Oil representative rejected the proposal from both towns. However, the fishermen of Penshar afraid that the development will caused harm to their source of income, fishing and salt industry. While the central government afraid that the rejection will halt the progress of the oil platform. On the other hand, MG Oil spokesperson, Chandra Mineka, said that the company will focused on the platform establishment and drilling first because that is their main concern. The establishment of refinery center can be started later on especially with the situation happened, she added.

MD 3
Acastanha 1-0 Huayramarca
@ Estádio da Unidade Nacional, Amarelda, Região da Capital

Goal:
Felix Kalchankar
MD 4
Euran Oceania Territories 2-3 Acastanha

Goal:
David Gothrado
Felix Kalchankar
MD 5
Acastanha v Montaña Verde
@ Estádio da Unidade Nacional, Amarelda, Região da Capital

MD 6
The Republic of Covelandia v Acastanha

Calls up
Starter
31 GK Santiago Karba
12 LB Rafael Oronako
3 CB Santiago Urupao
16 CB Dionisio Leimanki
4 RB Jorge Vidshav (C)
17 LM Lisandro Turtapa
6 CM Plinio Adondare
20 CM Nóe Brinanko
9 RM David Gothrado
22 ST Manuel Brandas
11 AT Felix Kalchankar
Substitute
23 GK Armando Padia
33 GK Tiago Kalabar
13 LB Manuel Savalor
2 CB David Erunde
27 RB Casimiro Urinjane
26 LM Henrique Gambrig
8 CM Igor Erdagh
28 RM Andre Aramde
10 ST David Yushankar
Injured
7 LM Pedro Ustankar
Acastanha Federation

Trigram : ACS | Demonym Acastanhada
Capital : Amarelda
IC Population : 11,471,480 (latest census)

Puppet of Pemecutan

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:50 pm

ONE
TWO

MD3: (198) Lisander 1-3 (31) Chromatika
Goals: Fillar, E. 15', 61', Delaya 82'
Starting XI (3-4-1-2): Begley (C); Coulibaly - Régine - Aimée; Kruetzberg - Larriet-Cortes - Fillar, B. - Fillar, E.; Phoen; Delaya - Xuen-Zhukov.
Substitutes: Laurette -> Phoen (48'), Ansoll -> Régine (48'), Iara -> Fillar, E. (52'), Baum -> Kruetzberg (77'), Mixon -> Aimée (77')
MD4: (31) Chromatika 2-1 (236) Yakk
Goals: Fillar, E. 65', Xuen-Zhukov 76'
Starting XI (3-4-1-2): Begley (C); Coulibaly - Régine - Aimée; Kruetzberg - Larriet-Cortes - Fillar, B. - Fillar, E.; Phoen; Delaya - Xuen-Zhukov.
Substitutes: Si -> Larriet-Cortes (51'), Ingram -> Aimée (51'), Paterson -> Coulibaly (72'), Park -> Delaya (72'), Ju-> Fillar, B. (78')

MD5 @ (125) Gnejs
Predicted Starting XI (3-5-2): Bautista; Paterson - Ansoll - Mixon; Christelle - Ju - Laurette - Phoen - Fillar, E. (C); Park - Toussaint.
Reserves: GK Jacob Descombes, GK Kathie Begley, DCR Ami Coulibaly, DC Henri de Aea, DC Klavida Régine, DCL Ipati Aimée, WBR Emilie Kruetzberg, WBL Ladonna Womack, WBL Ruthanne Guess, BWM Kaia Larriet-Cortes, BWM Mare Si, AP Bailliare Fillar, AM Vasiliy Marten Kuznetsov, CF Candice Delaya, AF Lavrentiy Xuen-Zhukov

The Red League All-Decade Team
03: Right Backs

By: Jordan Lawless, Chief Correspondent

When it comes to defenders, what should we base our decisions off of? Obviously, seeing how the team did in conceding goals is a huge metric, but not the only one. Sometimes, great defenders can be overcome by lack of cohesion, and other times, a team only concedes as many goals as it did because there was a player that was carrying the team. Right Backs are asked to contribute both on the defensive side while also pushing the ball up the pitch at times; here are the two that have shone the brightest during the first ten seasons of the Red League.

The Red League All-Decade Second Team Right Back: Victoire De Saint-Pierre, Tihon

Why Victoire, though she only made the All-Star Team twice, in Seasons Three and Four? Look at what she's done since then. Getting forty-three caps in a storied career, Victoire made her way to Royal Rumiatzi of Astograth where she played for many seasons. VdSP, as she was affectionately called by her fans, was an energizer bunny who is a bright spark both on and off the pitch. She isn't a fan of attention, but has come to understand the cost of playing well. Two seasons in the Rainbow League System allowed her to really come to her own, and she took what she learned and turned it into a successful career. Many pundits say that if it wasn't for Kai Xiao ahead of her and Grayson Fillar chasing her, she would've made a better run at a hundred caps.

The Red League All-Decade First Team Right Back: ImageLinde Rostock, Wirr Tsi

She's got an easy sharpness on the ball backed up by a brutal physicality where she has to. Defensively, she's peerless. Going forward, perhaps, slightly uninspired. For Wirr Tsi, the Cormorant was a perfect fit, and she has been a part of a back line that has been one of the best for many a season, as the Shock have won a title and an IFCC title since she's joined the squad. The results don't lie, and though Wirr Tsi wasn't involved in her development, they've been smart to utilize her talents in her prime as they've become one of the best clubs in the entire multiverse. Great buy, even better fit.

Next: Center Backs
The Third Chromatik Premier Election

Meet the Candidates #3: Li Xiyiang, Rainbow Party - The Royal Apologist

Let it be known that the days of a unified Chromatik government post-Rainbow Revolution is over. In the dissolving of the Traditionalist Party, they fired one parting shot that could have far-reaching circumstances: They removed a common enemy from the board, one that everyone could lay down their differences and focus upon. Since then, though the Saebitdang (New Light Party)'s emergence has put some things to rest, the Rainbow Party has seen itself splintered to three different pieces (thankfully, the Saebitdang has also seen some internal strife). The three candidates that will face off in the Rainbow Party primary represent each of those pieces. We shall start with the favorite, at least on paper: Li Xiyiang.

Growing up in Z'ai'ai, Mountain District his whole life, Li Xiyiang was a member of the Blue colour caste during the days of the Chromatik Party, stuck doing secretarial work for many of the companies that were in the good graces of the Chromatik Party during its heyday. During the Rainbow Revolution, Li used the knowledge from the books to inform the Shadow Writers about which companies' finances to seize; his information not only removed millions of NMS from the Chromatik Party but also brought some much needed funding to the efforts of the Rainbow Revolution. Afterwards, he was viewed as a community leader in Z'ai'ai, leading to his being elected as one of the Representatives of Z'ai'ai for the Chambers of the Legislature, a post that he has held all this time.

Before the emergence of the Saebitdang, Li was a member of both Alina Krasnikova and Keri Wyse Aart's inner circle, being involved in many of their machinations, including the continued alliance with Banija and Quebec & Shingoryeo, the effort to bring up the previous ROYG base to modern standards, and the thought that dwelling on the past for too long would not do good for Chromatika's future. While acknowledging that the Chromatik Party did harm to more than half of the population, Li was among those that believed that the best way to move forward would be to direct those that were impacted toward a united future and help them get there instead of carrying a big stick to punish those who had done wrong.

After the emergence of the Saebitdang, he was among the few who were against the greater demand for reparations from the previous elite, stating that it would cause a bigger rift to grow between different Chromatiks; due to his viewpoints, he was removed from any involvement with the reparations that the Rainbow Party and the Saebitdang agreed upon to place on the previous Chromatik Party and Traditionalist Party members.

Now, a few years after that, with Keri Wyse Aart about to be removed from the picture, as per the law of the Chromatik constitution, Li commands a powerful base of the Rainbow Party due to his four-part agenda. Most importantly, he is of the very few Chromatik political leaders who believe that recognizing the monarchies of its allies will go a long way in maintaining the good graces of those allies. Namely, this is mostly aimed at two of Chromatika's strongest allies - Quebec & Shingoryeo and Banija. The argument is that by doing its part to not only please the governments of the two countries but also the monarchic elements, Chromatika would gain a foothold in how the politics of that country works, including potentially aligning itself to elements that may please the monarchic aspect while only being tolerated by the government. That kind of fluidity is something that Li is interested in, though naysayers say that as a country without a monarch, giving power to another country's monarch does not make sense.

Along with this aspect is the fact that Li views Anaian relations to be very important. Since Chromatika joined the Foxchester Accords, it has shied away from Anaian politics except in a cursory manner; it's used its status as an island nation to limit involvement on matters related to Calania and other regions. Li would see that Chromatika be a little more active in the goings of other Anaian nations, building up social stature and trade so that the impact of Chromatika will be greater on the region. As there are still elements throughout Chromatika that think that they need to take care of internal business first, this is not without some opposition.

Of course, Li maintains the traditionally Rainbow Party tenets of continuing to lift the previous ROYG-populace, which now includes taking care of any that were impacted by the malpractices of the Chromatik Party as well as the generational trauma caused by the Chromatik Party's practices. Though Li doesn't believe in chasing down those that have turned a new leaf, he still recognizes the importance of taking care of those that were victimized.

Finally, Li is all about initiatives that any and all Chromatiks can be involved in. Whether it be Green Chromatika, a movement to use more biodegradable materials toward a greener future, or a movement to exercise more or to take mental health seriously, Li would rather that the country move with a unified front toward problems that every Chromatik faces than dwelling on the wrongs of the past.

As far as potential wildcards go, there is the fact that Li Xiyiang has the favor of the Capital District Commissioner, one Keira Andisori. The most famous footballer in Chromatik history has been seen frequently attending many of the Rainbow Party functions with Li, and this connection gives him an advantage that cannot simply be overlooked. Has it just been cloak and dagger by Keira to keep him appeased, or will she formally endorse him when the time comes? Many voters look to Keira as the heir apparent to the Rainbow Party in due course - her voice will matter.

In this new landscape of the Rainbow Party, Li is the stable, well-established candidate and a true force to be reckoned with.

Next: The Rainbow Party #2
World Cup 92 Qualifying, Part 2: Delaya, Xuen-Zhukov's First Goals Usher in New Era of Chromatik Strikers

Perhaps the biggest change since the hiring of Lev Repin has to be the usage of the striker in Chromatik football. With the emergence of talents like Haley Hauser, Baillaire Fillar, Hermaeus Mora, Vasiliy Marten Kuznetsov, and Edith Fillar, Chromatika had been utilizing its wingers and attacking midfielders to score the majority of goals in the last few cycles, using only the lone striker as a second-ball threat or even as the player to provide the assists.

Enter Repin, who instead uses the wingers to set up the strikers - or to use the strikers as a decoy and to use that space to score. This change led to the Chromatik Football Federation having to scour the multiverse for the best Chromatik strikers, and they ended up grabbing three new ones to go alongside the likes of Hank Killian, Kara Oveni, and Paskal Toussaint. Two of them - Candice Delaya and Lavrentiy Xuen-Zhukov, got starts against Lisander and Yakk, and they both scored important goals in the Anomalies' victories against their opposition.

Delaya's goal came off her right foot, just when Manda Iara had burned the back line of Lisander, causing two of them to gravitate toward her in an attempt to make up ground. Edith's pass found Candice off the edge of the top of the left corner of the box, and her strike, low and true, found the back of the net before the keeper could adjust. The goal would end any hopes of a Lisander comeback, as the Anomalies retreated to form their 5-3-2 that could be used defensively and were never threatened.

Xuen-Zhukov's, however, was far more impactful. With Yakk having scored early off of a set piece, Chromatika had had to dig in deep to equalize; Edith Fillar's streaking goal broke the underdogs' spirit, and the eighteen year old Lavrentiy found a moment eleven minutes later to capitalize. Kaia Larriet-Cortes won the ball, and a deft pass to Alissar Phoen kick-started the counterattack. Lavrentiy lurked just on-side, and a back-heel pass to him found the youngest striker with a cap in Chromatik history one-on-one with the keeper. His volley was true as it was buried in the upper right hand corner, and Chromatika had the win to avoid the upset.

Lavrentiy Xuen-Zhukov, the Chromatik-Mytanar dual national, had scored his first goal in only his second start for Chromatika, and the new era of Chromatik strikers was a reality.
Last edited by Chromatika on Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

Delte
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 12, 2022
Anarchy

WCQ-92 MD3-4

Postby Delte » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:32 pm

Delte 0-2 Farfadillis
Sports Correspondent Polka Lunn At Ildemorton Road for the Deltemouth Tide Times

I won't dwell overly long on the finer details of this match, but certainly mention should be made of the undignified - and utterly unstoic - scramble for Ígnîgo Çí Xôrí's shirt at the end of the match, with the Tasher brothers in particular, Borus & Onun, making a holy show of themselves from the bench where they were unused substitutes. Ígnîgo was rewarded for controlling this match from start to finish by ending up at the bottom of a pile of Delts who had quite lost their reason. Several players got a piece of his shirt which was shredded from his back, and when the players looked elsewhere for one of the red and lime green ediraf originals, the rest of the Farves made a panicked sprint for the tunnel and locked themselves in the away locker room, where they promised to leave their shirts if they would only be left alone for a bit. Barricaded in like that, pleading for relief, they must've felt right at home - like the end of your every day Shango-Fogoa Premier League fixture anywhere in Rülândéá. This correspondent at least has no idea what came over the Deltic players who went entirely wild for the traditional shirt-swap, conducting it with an hysteric fan-like indecorum quite unbecoming of the hosts.

[At the same time, or maybe a few minutes before...]

StrayaRoos 1–2 Delte
Social Worker & Temporary Player-Reporter Aldro Kelosqua at Western Park, Pale for Plemon's Almanac

I've been briefed not to dwell overly long on the finer details of our match here in the Elf-Free Zone of Outer AO region (what a nice place by the way) but suffice it to say the Away Team Mission have continued with our good form and a third consecutive win which kept us top of the table for fifty-eight seconds in the Group of Delte, before news came through of the defeat at Ildemorton Road. Chastinardo Sule came off the bench to score the winner here and stake his claim for a starting spot next time out, while Ight Mordaforth is still hoping for the captain's armband, which has so far not been issued by Coach Cerrough - an oversight I'm sure. Ight and fellow centre midfielder Tassaught Ghadraen have struck up a neat partnership. I had a good view of it from the subs bench.

I hear the home team played alright against one of the world superpowers, but are no longer the world's top scoring team (or even the group seven top scoring team), but I'm told to remind readers that we did become the ONLY team in the entire multiverse to score ten goals in September.

Every Day I Roleplay About Football1
1/6 : Employee Of The Month

To: bot.hr@ediraf.co.sb

Dear Human Resources Inbox Processor. Hello, my name is Quality Controller Raul Valk and I work at Factory 16.3389-F on the Personalisation Line. You probably don’t know me because I imagine you are very busy and also an AI inbox filtration system without human acquiantances, but I recently won the company’s Employee of The Month Award and the Free Holiday To Anywhere In The World* [*with a Human Safety Index rating over 7.5] for which I am so hugely grateful. I thought I should drop you an email just to let you know that I decided to visit a place called The Valley of The River Delte in a country with no name, mainly because it was recommended to me by Employee of The Month Prize Administration Supervisor Fred Oakenshield. I am letting you know that I arrived safely in the small town of Oswark-upon-Delte this afternoon (local time) after a long journey from Starblaydia, and my initial impressions are that it seems like a quaint and somehow vintage little place, a bit like the earliest photos of old time Jhanna that you find on chocolate boxes, from back in the Aolden days, in the times of shooting brakes, phaetons, hansom cabs and perhaps the first electric trams. Of course they do have cars and motorcycles here, it is a mod-tech society, but the town does appear so very quaint and well preserved. The people are polite and helpful if not over-friendly and I am staying in the historic Prince Tyrbert Hotel, which is named for an old knight of the realm from whom, according to the guide book, most Delts claim direct lineage whether true or no, on account he was quite the womaniser. The hotel is very nice, thank you.

As you are probably aware, well, perhaps ‘aware’ isn’t the word - no offence - but as you could probably determine from a quick HR Policy data trawl, I have been tasked by Fred Oakenshield as part of the terms and conditions of my free holiday to write a short report on the ‘presence of and enthusiasm for’ the company products in the place where I have chosen to visit. Although I haven’t so far spotted any kits or leisure wear being sported about the town (I have only been here a couple of hours and I’m rather exhausted from the trip, so I can’t say I was watching with my usual determined diligence) I did pass a sports shop when I was riding a rickshaw to the Prince Tyrbert, called Sark’s Family Sportsmonger - do you know it? - and the monger was, by coincidence, placing a board outside which said ‘new ediraf stock arriving tomorrow!’ Isn’t that extraordinary? I shall pop along to Sark’s to see what they have got in stock, and see what the locals are keen on, and then I shall email you again with my findings. Should I cc Fred Oakenshield, do you think? I don’t know why I’m asking an email processing bot lol - no offence!

Sincerely, R.Valk, Quality Controller.

Employee #345.8374.874.

[1] Title used with the kind permission of Starblaydia; I extend my gratitude for his help in providing me with Quality Controller Raul Valk and a very neat Employee of The Month-winning scenario to be revealed.
Last edited by Delte on Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:39 am, edited 5 times in total.
HOW GREEN IS THE VALLEY
AND ALSO THE RIVER

West Barack and East Obama
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby West Barack and East Obama » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:04 am

BBC OFFICIAL REPORT: Records Broken As Obamen Blitz New South Yukon

By Football Correspondent Gary Obamaniker

Obamafalls, East Obama - Raucous cheering and applause could be heard today from Fort Obama Supermax today as the Obama Carers thrashed their opponents 4-0, their highest competitive victory so far. The cheering and applause was promptly followed by the actual thrashing of prisoners for breaking their curfew to view the match.

It was not looking good for the Obamen when they stepped onto the pitch today. Two defeats on the bounce, while against strong teams like Wreckeria and group-toppers The Cordian Isles, meant that the Obamen were in danger of slipping into a third successive defeat. New South Yukon had not impressed in either the Baptism of Fire or in their World Cup Qualification matches, but they could spring a surprise and defeat against them would pretty much seal a premature exit for the Obamen.

There was a single change in the lineup today, with Brett Pogama making way for Jean-Marie Ouibama after Pogama suffered from a concussion against The Cordian Isles. Jean-Marie Ouibama had been impressing during training lately, and the Francophone Obaman was without a doubt one of the few points of excitement for the fans today (officially, prison wardens on their break, and unofficially the most dangerous murderers and terrorists in the country).

Just four minutes after kickoff, the Lemmings made an atrocious blunder. One of their centre-backs attempted to hoof the ball up to one of their forwards, but instead kicked the ball straight into a waiting Ouibama. Ouibama rushed into the penalty box and struck the ball as hard as he could, and it went straight past the bamboozled goalkeeper. 1-0 to the Obamen.

The Lemmings decided to play very defensively and only occasionally launching counterattacks, frustrating the Obamen who were unable to possess the ball most of the time. Soon, in the 25th minute, a misplaced pass from Trent Vobama led to a opposing forward attempting a volley, but a spectacular save from Dwayne Obama denied them an equaliser. It wasn't long though, as a corner kick lead to a header from point black range. The score was 1-1... until the goal was disallowed for violating the offside rule. The Lemmings protested and protested, but the referee wasn't having any of it. Despite the players claiming the "security camera footage" from the prison walls was way too low in resolution to determine if the goalscorer was offside, the score remained 1-0 to the Obamen.

From then on, the opponents were pretty demoralised, and Buck Obamafinakis decided to capitalise on this by ordering the Obamen to attack as hard as they could. The New South Yukon defence quickly disintegrated, with Wolfgang Obamadeus-Mozart scoring his first ever international goal with a volley from outside the penalty box in the 32nd minute, and Jean-Marie Ouibama grabbing a brace when his tap-in just before half-time (45+1') slid comfortably into the bottom left corner.

After half time, the Obamen decided to conserve their energy by playing it around the back. Players substituted on for New South Yukon rejuvenated the team and tried to make more attempts on goal, but crunching tackles (and in the opponents words, "bloodthirsty fouls") from Barack Denovitz and Bark Obamallama prevented them from achieving anything. However, in the 82nd minute, Bark Obamallama received a straight red card for violent conduct when he headbutted an opposing forward. Form then on, the Obamen decided to sit even tighter on their lead, and nobody stepped foot into the opposing half in an effort to keep the team's first clean sheet in the WCQs.

In the 2nd minute of stoppage time however, Jean-Marie Ouibama was not satisfied with just his two goals. He decided to dribble towards the opposing half, swiftly moving past the exhausted defenders from New South Yukon. A clumsy tackle from one of them sent him tumbling towards the ground, and a penalty kick was awarded to the Obamen. In spite of more protests from New South Yukon, who had called the referee all kinds of names by this point, the penalty was awarded. Set-piece specialist Lily Chobamya let Ouibama take the penalty, and he secured his hattrick with another cool finish into the bottom left corner. The score ended 4-0 to the Obamen, securing their largest margin of victory in competitive matches in the Barack H. Obama era and also their first international hattrick. Hopefully the first of many!
Sonnel is the place.

7x Issues Author | Political Figures | Sports Stuff

██████████

Jeruselem
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jeruselem » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:05 am

Princess Stella Anna Dallas (dressed like former coach Pekora Dancer in a bunny dress) and Jeruselem Manager Kate Dallas in Zwangzug

Stella:
Hello! This is Princess Stella Anna Dallas for Naked News Jeruselem covering the World Cup 92. We're overseas again and yes we're in Zwangzug! I'm with Jeruselem manager Katherine Annabelle Dallas, not to be confused with Princess Katherine Annabelle Dallas. This is my 2nd trip overseas for the World Cup, I guess there's plenty more for me.

Kate: Oh yeah hello everyone.
Stella: We're in Zwangzug for an important game for qualification on match day 4.
Kate: Yes, we've played three games against opponents who shouldn't worry but today we play an opponent who are deemed a threat.
Stella: Zwangzug are not unknown to us but we see them as friendly rivals whenever we meet
Kate: We may dislike some countries but we like Zwangzug-ians or whatever they call themselves

Stella:
First let's recap, qualification match day 3.
Civia Welephilostopia had the bye and well stuck on zero points and that didn't change.
República Guanacasteca held Ochre Islands to a draw 2-2! That was a surprise result but good for República Guanacasteca.
Delaclava at home took down Zwangzug 1-0 continue to be undefeated.
Flavovespia also were undefeated, beating Togonistan 3-0.
Efnakia had a great win 3-0 at home against Britland.
And Jeruselem showed Hopal they were in a different class winning 7-2 at Dazza Dallas Stadium.
So now to match day 4.

Kate: Don't expect us to repeat those 7-2 wins, for us those are rather rare and against weak opposition.
Stella: Zwangzug are far from weak, they are serious competition.
Kate: They are one of the team we have to watch in this group

Stella:
First, let's look at the other games.
Britland had the bye and being on zero points, they were stuck on zero points again.
Togonistan were at home and beat Efnakia 2-1 to register their first win of the World Cup 92. Well done Togonistan!
Hopal didn't have the same luck at home and lost to Flavovespia 2-0.
Ochre Islands hosted Delaclava and put up a fight pushing Delaclava to escape with a 4-3 win. Surely the best game of this round to watch for Group 6.
Civia Welephilostopia at home found República Guanacasteca a little difficult to handle and lost 1-0 giving República Guanacasteca their second win.

Kate: Flavovespia and Delaclava proving why they are so well feared in this group so far.
Stella: Yes, we'll need to be as good as them to qualify from here
Kate: For sure
Stella: The good news is Jeruselem beat local Zwangzug team to keep it's own undefeated record. We won 1-0, and it's 4 from 4 for us.
Kate: We'll need to keep this up as we'll be facing some really tough opposition soon
Stella: I'm sure you're ready for that, you've done it before.

Kate: Yes well every world cup is different so you never know
Stella: The Group 6 table has Flavovespia, Jeruselem and Delaclava on 12 points in the top 3. República Guanacasteca is 4th on 7 points with Zwangzug 5th on 6 points. Efnakia and Togonistan are 7th and 8th on 3 points. Civia Welephilostopia, Britland and Hopal are still on zero points ... Hopal is currently last.
Kate: The top 5 are the teams we expect to be there so far, no bolters.
Stella: Flavovespia have conceded 1 goal in 4 games, they are showing the way.
Kate: We're doing pretty good as well but we have not played the hard teams as yet

Stella: Hopefully we can keep up this good record
Kate: Well, we'll see ... why are you dressed like Pekora Dancer.
Stella: I have wear something!
Kate: You confused some people at the airport
Stella: Well some people think I'm my Mum until they work out I'm too young for that
Kate: Especially when people ask me about my "daughter" ... when I don't have one

Stella: You've had a few operations recently
Kate: Yes well, in this job you get a bit too much sunshine on your skin and Dallas skin is prone to skin cancers. Well, you'd know about that
Stella: I do avoid standing in the sun a lot. The Jeruselem sun isn't very nice, not much UV filtering going on.
Kate: I have to be more careful, skin on older people is far more fragile. Which is why I'm covered up there days.
Stella: But you don't wear hats
Kate: Oh that, I give up on that idea. I just keep losing the bloody things. And it's too windy at home even for that.

Stella: Well, that's it from us here in Zwangzug! We're going back home to play Ochre Islands on qualification match day 5.
Kate: That will be an interesting game
Stella: Still, it's a home game and we're supposed win that one.
Kate: They aren't Hopal, we must respect their ability.
Stella: See you all later
Jeruselem's sports achievements
http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=J ... hievements

Land of the Tiger Princesses

HUElavia
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:15 am

Mixed Bag

HUElavia opens up WC Qualifiers with a mix of a victory and draws, while staying in the hunt for the Qualifiers.

HUElavia comes off to a somewhat mixed start to the Qualifiers. The opening game in Lourdes saw goals by Navarro and Yamada send the crowd into a frenzy after a great 2-0 victory over United Adaikes. Followed after that, a disappointing 3-3 draw against Garbelia caused Los Amarillos/Os Amarelos drop points for the first time in the qualifiers. After a bye on Matchday 3, HUElavia survived against Adab in a 2-2 draw in HUEsilia, which saw Honda and Aveiro score the goals, the latter of which was a late game-tying goal in the 88th minute.

Up to now, the match that has disappointed the fans the most has been the Garbelia match, which was very much in the grasp of the HUElavians, before the late equalizer to end it with the aforementioned score.

Next up for HUElavia is an away game at Polkopia, followed by one of the more anticipated matchups versus Sharktail in Sao Salvador, which could shape up how the group goes in the long run of the qualifiers. The latter game is expected to have the main XI starting, with a sold-out crowd expected in Estadio Costeiro.

Here's to hoping more favorable results are ahead and that the team can maintain a good run throughout these qualifiers.

FORCA HUELAVIA! VAMOS HUELAVIA! GO HUELAVIA!

(OOC: I've been working for nearly 12 consecutive days now due to the hurricane that passed, so apologies if my RPs are not as great quality as previous cycles.)

Ziwana
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 08, 2019
Anarchy

WCQ 92 rp 3

Postby Ziwana » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:39 am

Balabet Ngwaziliga News

Balabet Ziwani Ngwaziliga 7/8 ZNE Matchweek 1 Review

Top flight football is finally back in Ziwana after a 4 year hiatus in the form of the newly founded Balabet Ngwaziliga, and what a way to introduce the new Ziwani top flight.The fourteen magnificent contingent of local footbal's finest returned to action after four years on friday. Ziwana's colourful and boisterous football fans where there in the stadiums to witness history as the new league begun. For those not able to go to the stadiums, ZiwaSports made sure that no one would miss any action.

Below is an extensive all-inclusive review with interesting stats of all the matches of the Balabet Ngwaziliga 7/8 ZNE Matchweek 1;

Amangwazi Birnin 0 - 1Teuila City
(Andrew Gondwe 55')

The long-awaited first season of the 7/8 ZNE Balabet Ngwaziliga begun on Friday evening, in fantastic fashion too as Teuila City pulled a 'giant killing' against Birnin giants, Amangwazi Birnin at Ngwazis Park Stadium.

Before the match several fanfare activities took place at Ngwazis Park Stadium such as dribbling and penalty competitions between the opposing fans, the winners of these competitions went away with various prizes such as signed jerseys, tickets to Matchweek 2 and a chance to meet the players after the match. A performance by Ziwani legendary folk singer, Wambayi Nkotama 15 minutes before the game had the whole stadium singing. The first half of the game was however very dissapointing for the fans with the excitement paled in comparison to the prematch fanfare.

In a first half lacking in opportunities, Andrew Gondwe showed things to come when he came closests in scoring with a header inside the box, nodding over Amangwazi Birnin's Thokozani Mwafulirwa's bar.

In front of 55,000, Gondwe made amends for his earlier miss within 10 minutes, towering above 5 foot 6 Francis Shaba from Henry Samson's right-wing cross to head superbly into the bottom right corner past Mwafulirwa sending the 8000 away fans in jubilation. This was quite the historic moment as it was the very first ever goal in the Ngwaziliga but it was also his very first goal for his club.

The Teuila City players confidence skyrocketed and they begun to bully the Amangwazi Birnin players. Gondwe would come close again 5 minutes later with another header, which glaced wide off the bar, before his fierce volley from 30 yards out was punched away by Mwafulirwa. Teuila City would have another chance from a John Nyirenda free-kick which was beaten out by Mwafulirwa. Whilst Mwafulirwa was playing his heart out his team mates where not at their best on the day. Amangwazi Birnin did create a rare chance at the other end as Charles Tembo's curling effort from 20 yards out forced a fine save from Daniel Banda.Amangwazi Birnin did have two last-gasp opportunities, but substitute Naasif el-Korooma first blazed over on the volley from 12 yards, before poking just wide after drifting behind the Teuila City defenders.

The match ended 0 -1 in favour of Teuila City, with Andrew Gondwe getting the Ziwanicell Man of the Match award which was 25gb data.

Western United 3 - 3 Ainheim Dynamos
(Kiwini Mano 26', Pilirani Mtambo 21', Apekaloma Aneko 49' ; Klaus Klose 36' P, Brandon Payen 74', 87') )

In the early days of the former top tier league, the Liga Malicky, Ainheim Dynamos had dominated the leaague in the early years whilst Western United would struggle. As a club formed by Galeannans who had colonized Ziwana, Ainheim Dynamos is one of the clubs Western United fans hate. The fortunes of the two clubs have been different for the two sides with Western United going on to win 27 top tier titles to Dynamos 5. In the previous season Western United had finished 5th whislt Dynamos finished 12th. In the previous season the two sides had met aswell and the game ended in a draw, in the return leg the game ended in a goalless draw. The previous season showed that against each other Western United and Ainheim Dynamos where equal. Going into this fixture the two sides where eager to break the deadlock.

Western United seemed to be the more eager side, United had taken a 2-0 lead before the end of the first 20 minutes but an amateurish mistake from goalkeeper Kaleoaloha Halia who conceded a penalty after fouling Klaus Klose brought Dynamos back into contention before the break.

After the recess, United restored their two-goal lead over Dynamos through left back Apekaloma Aneko who dribbled past Janis Ludwig, Gustaf Murller and Bjorn Freidrich before sending the ball into the net with a brilliant finish, 1-3.

To others, the match was over but to the Dynamos, it was the beginning of a comeback. At 74 minutes, the comeback started. United's defense failed to clear Niklas Bohm's well taken corner kick and the ball landed directly at Payen who produced a powerful header into the net, 2-3.

As the game was progressing, it was now Dynamos all over United, with the midfield battle being the focal point as United kept on chasing and Dynamos kept on pressing for the equalizer which would eventually come in the 88th minute through another set piece.

The ball was delivered into the box from Janis Ludwig before being missed by everyone and reached to the far left where Klaus Klose was waiting.

The winger crossed the ball back into the box to Brandon Payen who made no mistake by beating Halia in an aerial combat before heading into an empty net, 3-3 to score his second goal and salvage a point for his team.

Once again a Ainheim versus Western United game ends in a draw. A rivalry seems to be slowly brewing between the two sides. Will we see a revival of Dynamos with them competing with United to win the league or is this a one game rivalry?

Birnin Select 3 - 1 Arabin Rangers
(Stephen Banda 8', Mphatso hara 49', Christopher Kumwenda 57' ; Zakariyya Saleh 85' P) )

The first win of the season would come on the 3rd match of Gameweek 1. This match up was always gonna see Birnin Select win. In the last two meetings between the two, Birnin Select has won all of them.

Birnin Select completely dominated the game, and James Makina, who hit the post with a first-half free-kick, especially had a fine game and was directly involved in all the three goals. Birnin were already a goal up early in the first half even as Rangers battled to get anything going in attack.

Birnin Select started the second half even brighter than the first and were three goals up before the hour mark. Rangers would score a consolation goal in the 85th minute from a Zakiriyya Saleh penalty when he was brought down by Christopher Mhone.
Last edited by Ziwana on Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ochre Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 25, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ochre Islands » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:58 am

'The crops in Farfield need checking over with Lonnie next door' an older man's voice calls up the stairs. 'He's coming up the drive now in his old 4x4. I'd better be off.' 'Okay Lewis love, supper'll be on the table when you get back in. Don't let it get too dark will you?' 'Thanks love. Not much chance of that though.'

Lewis lifts a worn coat and flat cap off the hangers at the bottom of the stairs, and puts them on while opening the front door. As he pulls the front door closed, stepping into the still warm, though slightly damp air of the Sunset Coast's early autumn night, the door of George's 4x4 slams shut at the same time with a thump.

'Jinx' Lewis says, greeting his neighbour. 'Oh, grow up' George replies with a roll of the eyes and a smile. 'You've called me about the crops then Lewis?' 'I have. The ones in Farfield. It'd be helpful to take your Jerrick mind' Lewis said, nodding his head toward George's 4x4 that he'd arrived in. 'Suppose so. Bit of a walk.' 'Thanking you kindly – could you open the rear door for me? Got some equipment to bring with us.' 'Have you indeed? Right you are then' George replied, pulling the handle on his dark green Jerrick ScoutWork, the edition with two seats in the front and then a closed rear for places items rather than people. The ScoutMover still had high sides, but instead of closed panels had windows and extra seats in the back, losing some space for luggage.

Lewis returned with a large, heavy briefcase and slid it into the back of the ScoutWork, before shutting the door and helping himself to the empty passenger seat as George climbed in beside him and started the engine up.

'So what's going on Lewis?' He said, as they began the drive down the track-come-byway that led up slight hill that Lewis's farm sat upon. 'Now here, George.' Lewis said, turning the radio on and the volume up, then opening the window and looking out at his fields and off into the distance, toward the sandy beaches of the Sunset Coast as they drove. George sighed, concentrating on keeping his vehicle on the track and not the fields, nor scraping the lower side of the vehicle off the wall made of volcanic rocks on his right-hand side.

It wasn't a very long drive up, the track thankfully quite dry and therefore George could keep fairly decent pace, keeping hold of the wheel fairly tightly, but his expertise from years of driving the vehicle meaning he only had to make minor corrections here and there where the rather straight track was occasionally more rutted than usual. 'Here we are.' Lewis said, encouraging George to come to a halt. They both unbuckled their seatbelts as the noise from the engine died down, leaving only the gentle hum of the engine's fan going as it cooled the motor. Even though it ran off hydrogen, all the moving parts would still generate enough heat in the Ochre climate to need a decent fan.

Lewis went round to the back of the van as George surveyed the field. 'You've put the scarecrows up.' 'Yes.' 'And you've had them run the numbers in the papers?' 'Humph. You could say that it was them.' 'Amazed no-one's found them yet, Lewis, working out in the open like this.'

'We all have our open secrets, George. Every city, every town, every little village in the Ochres have their secrets' he said, pulling the large briefcase out of the back and beginning to walk toward the scarecrow in the middle of the field. Those little occasions that go unnoticed or just aren't worth giving much thought to.' The pair gingerly stepped over neat rows of budding crops 'The quiet pub where a few people have gone down into the cellar to check the pipes. The local restaurant where a food delivery has just arrived and needs to be checked by a couple members of staff. The meeting room off the social club where your neighbour and his friends have gone to play dominoes.' They had just about reached the scarecrow when Lewis turned and looked at George. 'Those ones. Those sort of out-in-the-open events that nobody would ever give a second thought to, because they were everyday events and nothing was out of place. Like a scarecrow.'

Lewis set the briefcase down next to a shabby looking scarecrow and dug two fingers into the loose soil, hooking them and then pulling them up, bringing the end of a cable with a connection point up into the open air. He opened up the briefcase, revealing a reinforced radio set with old-fashioned telephone receiver and a small analogue keyboard next to it. He began pulling wires out of it whilst George dug his hands into his coat pockets, retrieved a hard toffee sweet and put it in his mouth.

'So why're you firing up the numbers, Lewis? Why are we at Level Three?' George said, using his tongue to click the sweet off his teeth. 'Has this got something to do with Cardenao warshi-'

'Excuse me!' An unfamiliar voice called out across the field suddenly, startling the pair of them. 'Shit!' Lewis said loudly under his breath, still fiddling with the equipment. 'Tell them we're testing soil and to clear off. Use the bird scarer to encourage them if you have to.' George looked back toward the track toward where the voice had come from, just about able to make out a couple of tall figures against the setting sun and the dying light bouncing off the sea beneath the horizon. 'Horse riders – can't. I'll be back.'

'Everything alright?' George asked politely, taking his hands out of his coat pockets. 'Yes' the horse rider replied. 'It's just that we can't get the horses by without trampling on the field a little bit' she said, indicating the Jerrick was in the way. George looked down at the ground, seeing even to his eye that there was plenty of room between the ploughed field and where the crops were actually starting to show that little bit of green that indicated life. 'Should be fine, thanks for checking though' George said, giving a little smile and stepping back, adding 'don't want to spook them', though in reality he knew there was no need, the horses looked too well groomed and were too well behaved to be spooked by one random man. George started walking back toward Lewis, turned round to make sure the horses were on their way, gave a wave, then dug his hands back in his pockets and picked his way over the crops again.

'Who were they?' Lewis asked, head still down staring at the now-connected equipment. 'Town coppers thinking they were undercover but sticking out like a sore thumb' George said, adding mockingly 'they didn't want to walk their horses over a bit of turned-over soil.' 'Should have used the scarer like I said' Lewis said gruffly.

'Tell me what's going on Flodden.' George said sternly, using Lewis's surname, which was something he rarely did. Lewis looked around. 'Cardenao's small-fry. The numbers aren't about a “third-world country buys a big boat; leaves citizens to live bridgeless, in squalor” alert service. I'd be stood in this field creating stronger rumours about myself fiddling up the scarecrows if that was the case. Forget that. This is about Mertagne thinking they're bloody clever and buying up our land, is what it's about.' 'Fair enough' George replied. 'They did show us up. And the PM.' 'The PM didn't need Mertagne's help to show herself up, and who cares about a politico anyway? This is about the Ochres.' 'True enough, Lewis. What's the plan then?' 'We'll figure it.' Lewis said, tapping out a message, as George looked across the fields, a scarecrow perfectly placed in the middle of each one and at regular intervals. This line of scarecrows almost perfectly matched one of the lines of orange trees planted near the wall dividing the orange grove to Lewis's field of growing crops, and stretched as far as the eye could see.

'Right' said Lewis, pressing a button and standing up, as a faint crackle could be heard. 'Not quite getting things out via the grapevine, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were a surge in deliveries and bookings all of a sudden.'
Visit the Ochre Islands, a proud member of Anaia, and a Bellflower Area member
Sporting achievements: Champions, CAFA2

Atheara
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheara » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:10 am

Part II of ??
Discovery of a New Weapon

(Sorry if this isn't up to quality, it's my first time writing in this style)

"And that's the last of them! Let them run and cower!"

Shouted Captain Cecilia as she ordered her soldiers to charge forward. The camp that was originally liberated had been turned into a front base, and the Scharlund led unit were on the attack of an ISLORA base they were protecting as a supply base and network for communications. An Athearan chopper could be spotted flying on chase to kill off the remaining ISLORA soldiers tha were on retreat. Another successful battle, and a new victory for Cecilia to add to he records. However, there really was no time to rest in this situation, even after the battle.

Everyone was clearing out the recently won base, preparing defenses and setting up camp. This area was to act as an outpost, to help the army keep guard for any possible raids done by ISLORA, and to also further stabilize the supply line. Cecilia looked around as everyone was preparing themselves, before she felt a speck of light evter her vision. That was certainly odd, and there didn't seem to be anything that would give off light. After looking around for a bit, the captain found a weapon and she picked it up. However, the weapon was nothing like anything Atheara ever produced.

The weapon had a more futuristic model, and had a gray to white-ish color scheme. It also had thw ISLORA emblem attached onto it. Cecilia decided to try and study the weapon further, as it caught her interest. It seemed to be an assault rifle yet it was unlike anything the Scharlund had ever seen in warfare. However, when she decided to touch the oddly dark coloured canister on the weapon, Cecilia yelped and dropped it as she stepped back in surprise. There seemed to be a sort of energy running inside that thing. An energy that was oddly reactive.

"Cecilia?! Are you alright?"

"I'm alright, Rozmund..."

"What was that? I heard you yelp."

"It was... That weapon."

Cecilia said to Rozmund, as she pointed to the ISLORA assault rifle. Rozmund took a glance at the captain and then to the weapon, before picking it up. The man himself decided to study the weapon, he seemed quite surprised at how this gave Cecilia a reaction as odd as that. He proceeded to touch the dark coloured canister, and had no reaction at all. He gave a shrug, as Cecilia was confused, wondering why in the world he had no reaction. After Rizmund helping Cecilia get up, she decided to try something interesting.

She took the weapon out of Rozmund's hands and decided to fire it at several wooden boxes nearby. And the result was interesting, as a small explosion immediately happened on impact and it incinerated the boxes. All that was left is a burning fire that is soon to die out. Cecilia and Rozmund looked at eachother, as if they have the same thought. To them, only one person may have answers to these newly looming questions. Cecilia gave out a bit of a laugh, considering their predicament about this small issue.

"Let's get this over with."

Cecilia was currently inside of a room that had a simple light, a chair, and a table which had the ISLORA assault rifle on it. She was currently trying to dig information about the firearm from Kharschkal Lievendott, as he's the only prisoner they have who has relations to ISLORA, after the ATAC conducted a history check. This whole process was boring for Cecilia, since Kharschkal wouldn't budge at all.

Cecilia walked over to the table and decided to smash her hands on the table, surprising a drowsy Kharschkal who was given a drink before this interrogation began. The captain stared at him for a while, before slapping him awake. Kharschkal wouldn't expect Cecilia to resort to quick violence like that. The Scharlund gave out a sigh as she circled around the man, as he tried to rattle out of his chains for a bit. Her stare was cold and harsh, seemingly irritated that this isn't going anywhere.

"Tell us about this. Or you'll suffer more."

"I won't ever tell you, you Athearan wh-"

A massive slap to the face. Cecilia was definitely mad at the fact that she would have been called that. The captain circled around again, keeping her eyes on the chained man. She never really is able to get information out of most people, as she was more of a leader than an interrogator. But the ATAC wouldn't provide assistance, which in this case was actually reasonable. There's no professional interrogator in Atheara.

"You're Athearan yourself. Now tell us about the weapon, or like I said, we'll make you suffer."

"Hah! What suffering can you give me? You won't get anything out of me!"

"We'll see."

The moment Cecilia said that, the door opened. It was a doctor... And he was carrying a lot of interesting devices and tools. The two shared a small conversation as the doctor, who was wearing glasses, was getting ready. "How much of your pride are you willing to hold onto?"

Kharschkal looked around, it seems they were going to torture him to get what they wanted. And, despite being a man, he has terrible pain resistance. Thinking about it, he could maybe play with his words to get out of this situation that he was in. "...Fine! I shall tell you... The only reason being that I do not like where this is going had I continue to stall."

Cecilia had a smile when she waited for Kharschkal's answer and it faded once he gave it. But at least she'll be getting what she wanted.

"That's great. Now, please do tell us. The clock ticks, even when one isn't to be seen."
A T H E A R A | A N A I A
"I'm not sure about being as obvious as other people."
Football
Jenna Raven Cup I Champions!
3rd in the 75th Baptism of Fire!

Ice Hockey
3rd in the 19th World Junior Hockey Championships!
Ro32 in the 47th World Cup of Hockey
If you were wondering, the girl on my flag is Vill V from Honkai Impact 3rd. Your welcome.

Southern Palm Islands
Attaché

Founded: Mar 23, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Southern Palm Islands » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:52 am

Khurtubh is the largest island and the easternmost province of the Southern Palm Islands. The island is the economic and political center of the country. Home to major cities including the capital Khurtubh City, Jarind and Tanxjin, it is the most populous island in the country. The island is the main entry point into the country and has the most comprehensive amenities for all types of tourists and is by far the most visited destination in the country. Khurtubh is also one of the most developed provinces with a lot of foreign investments in various sectors.

Cities
1. Khurtubh City - the capital city of the Southern Palm Islands and the province of Khurtubh
2. Jarind - the most popular tourist destination in the country with vibrant nightlife and wonderful beaches
3. Tanxjin - one of the major inland harbours is situated in the city, it's also home to the nation's largest military base.

Other Destinations
1. PalmWoods - home to the Southern Palm Islands' largest motion picture industry. Contains large mansions, film cities and permanent film sets that turned into tourist destinations.
2. Heyzle - the main town in the western part of the island

Talk
Palmyran is the national language of the Southern Palm Islands and is understood by everyone on the island. Tamil and Malayalam are closely related to Palmyran and may be understood by the locals. The use of English is widespread in urban areas.

Get in
By plane
Khurtubh's main port of entry is the Khurtubh International Airport with international flights from all over the world. The airport also has frequent flights to the other islands in the country.

By ferry
Jarind is home to a large international cruise terminal. Regular cruises between Pemecutan and the Cendana Islands are regularly operated.

Get around
By car
The toll-free Khurtubh highway runs along the coast of the island starting from Tanxjin in the north all the way to Heyzle in the southwest passing through Khurtubh and Jarind in the east.

By bus
Khurtubh has a good public transportation network. Intercities bus between major cities such as Khurtubh City, Jarind and Tanxjin runs regularly

See
1. Palm Tower - a famous landmark of Khurtubh, a tower in the shape of a palm tree.
2. The Palmyran Hall - the Southern Palm Islands house of parliament
3. Jarind World Resort - the famous tourist resort area

Do
1. Surf at one of the many outstanding beaches on the island
2. Shop in one of the many modern mega malls in Khurtubh
3. Relax and unwind in many of the luxurious resorts in Jarind.
4. Enjoy the vibrant nightlife in Jarind.

Eat
1. Ghee Rice - rice cooked with ghee and spices
2. Ghee Pathiri - fried rice flour bread baked in ghee
3. Paratha - milled wheat weaved fried bread

Drink
1. Water - unlike in the other islands of the Southern Palm Islands, tap water is clean and safe to drink in Khurtubh
2. Coconut water - fresh coconut water is widely available on the island
3. Palm toddy - the most famous local alcoholic beverage

Go next
1. Sripala - the religious center of the Southern Palm Islands
2. Ajaxin - a more laid-back alternative to Khurtubh with beautiful beaches
3. Pemecutan - the pearl of Mandalanusa
CMFA MAC 5 Host
CMFA MAC 7 Champions
Sepak Takraw World Cup 2 Champions

Puppet of Indusse
Mandalanusa

PreviousNext