NATION

PASSWORD

IBC 35 signups [signups closed]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Quebec and Shingoryeo
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Quebec and Shingoryeo » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:41 pm

Groups are now posted on the OP with the respective group venue selections.

Thank you to all those who have submitted their venues. Once again, do not worry if your bid did not make it - still counts for an RP! :)
Kingdom of Quebec & Shingoryeo
Olympic Council President (XVIII) - World Cup of Hockey Federation President (cycles 24-29, cycle 47-49) - NationStates College Football Commissioner (cycles 20-)
Trigramme: QUE | Denonym: Quebecois/Shingoryeoite (interchangeable) | Population: 94 million
MegaSport.que - The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere
Have won many, hosted even more

International Basketball Championships 37-39 Champions
World Cup of Hockey XXVI Champions

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:24 pm

Thank you for having our venue chosen, it's much appreciated, and I shall expand upon the lore as I go on, along with playing out the matches a little. <3

Of note and clarity for everyone is that the name of the venue is Melody Courts, not Gardens. Sorry about that! ^^;
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Quebec and Shingoryeo
Minister

Postby Quebec and Shingoryeo » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:34 pm

EMERGENCY HOST ANNOUNCEMENT: So right now, there has been a nationwide outage for those who have their services with Rogers, one of big 3 telecommunication companies in the oligopoly for last 12 hours.

Unfortunately, I am one of those.

This means that not only is my phone, which is run by Fido, a company within its umbrella barely getting any service (and even when functional it runs at a turtle's speed! ugh!), the Rogers wi-fi at my place has not been working since 4 in the morning.

Safe to assume that I'm fucking pissed. While I love living in Canada for many reasons and had sworn oath to the Queen and all that back in 2014, but a three-carrier telecommunications oligopoly is not one of those. Overpriced services, relatively limited offerings and lots of sudden outages.

Anyways, I am writing this while on a local Starbucks before my groceries trip at the same mall about 20 mins bus ride away from my place right now, and cannot really scorinate outside tonight (at home I can, but that's another story). I also do not know if the Wi-Fi back in my place will be restored once I'm home in a couple of hours after doing groceries. It's really hard to say.

Thus, with that in mind, I will be delaying GS2-MD1 cutoff to the 21h-22h EST (0100-0200+1 UTC) tonight with the anticipation that the outage will be resolved by then. If it does not get resolved in time and there is no cutoff by the end of the window, however, the cutoff will be delayed by a day to tomorrow.

My apologies in advance.
Last edited by Quebec and Shingoryeo on Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olympic Council President (XVIII) - World Cup of Hockey Federation President (cycles 24-29, cycle 47-49) - NationStates College Football Commissioner (cycles 20-)
Trigramme: QUE | Denonym: Quebecois/Shingoryeoite (interchangeable) | Population: 94 million

Quebec and Shingoryeo
Minister

Postby Quebec and Shingoryeo » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:31 am

Host Announcement: So I just lasted through a massive 10-hour period overnight.

Part of it involved going through IC info section of olympics IC thread, part of it involved processing the final batch of olympic signups, and even more just working through seedings for over a dozen balls-related aports (basketball included). Safe to assume what happened.

With that in mind, I will add 24 hours before we head into the final cutoff window of the tournament. See y'all out on the court tomorrow! xx

Previous

Return to NS Sports