NATION

PASSWORD

NSSCRA 10- Everything Thread (IC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hapilopper » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:32 am

Concord Heights Motor Speedway, Concord Heights, Cassadaigua
After the Five Star Mobile 500
As Drake Stevenson walked away from the Valentians and Hap O’Loppa, he gave them a very happy wave. He figured this was a fantastic day, but as he walked back to the Team Blue Center to grab his things and get ready to head back home, he spotted a pissed-off man walking his way. He realized it was Nate Ellis and realized that Nate wanted to deal with Hap O’Loppa himself, rather than wait to deal with him after the Valentians were done.

“Hey Stevenson, I thought I told you to leave some for me!” Nate snapped as he walked Drake’s way.

“The Valentians are busy with him right now. As soon as they’re done, you can have him!” Drake replied.

“But I want to deal with him NOW!” Nate snapped.

“OK, fine, go over and deal with them. General Valentijn is having her way with him right now. If you want to have some fun with the Valentians, be my guest.”

There was a little bit of apprehension on Nate’s part. He remembered World Cup 85, when he cheap-shotted Clarissa Alanis Star on a defensive play, a play that angered everyone, even his own teammates. The Valkyrie General spotted Nate and picked him up to deliver something of a “don’t do that again,” which was enough to put an intense fear into Nate. To this day, Nathan Ellis was absolutely terrified of the Valentians and tried to avoid them as much as he could.

“You want me to go over there and tell them to please stop?” Nate sarcastically asked.

“Well shit, man, I’m not telling you what to do,” Drake replied, the tension in his voice evident. “But if you want to deal with them so badly, you go over there, and you go over and tell General Valentijn, like a big boy, to please let you have O’Loppa. I’m sure she’ll be just delighted to see you again, Mr. I took out the general’s wife in a soccer match.”

Nate detected and detested the sarcasm in Drake’s voice. And just like that, he entered into a moment of rage, one of those moments of rage he had so many times as a footballer. Nate hauled his left foot back and fired it – a field goal shot, right in between Drake’s legs. It was similar to the shot Alexis Fotellis had launched against Nate during their last meeting during the last World Cup, a shot that was enough to put Nate out of action for the final matches. And this shot was enough to send Drake to the ground, doubled over in pain, howling in agony, before passing out.

A few minutes later, he woke up to see Taylor Henderson, Chris Holmes and Frank Bronson looking over him.

“You have been kicked in the testicles,” Frank slowly told his teammate, emphasizing every syllable in the last word, almost as if he was trying to prove a point.

Several medics were working on Drake as he laid on the ground, in obvious agony from the shot. Representatives from Team Blue were making their way over to the scene of the incident, including team principal Amanda McAlister.

“Holmes, you been fitted for a firesuit yet?” Amanda asked Chris.

“Not yet,” Chris said.

“We might need to do that tomorrow, either that or have you borrow one of Frank’s,” Amanda said. “We might need you in Newmanistan.”

“Alright, I’ll come in the shop first thing,” Chris replied, looking down at Drake.

Drake howled in agony hearing this conversation. He was in a world of hurt, but the last thing he wanted to do was give up his seat to anyone. There would be more discussions concerning Drake’s condition for the season finale as the days progressed, but at least for the time being, he looked like he was in all kinds of pain.

A day later
The day after the race, Hap O’Loppa was, quite predictably, called into his boss’s office, where he was asked to “tell me in 30 seconds why I should keep you on the payroll or you’re done.” Hap O’Loppa explained that he had just interviewed the Valentians and was going to do an extensive story on them.

“Alright, then you’re done,” his boss said. “I’m not going to tolerate that stunt you pulled.”

After getting chewed out by his boss, Hap O’Loppa went to his desk, took the material given to him by the Valentians, as well as notes he had taken, and started writing.

THE VALENTIANS: A LOOK AT A BELOVED, YET MISUNDERSTOOD GROUP
By Gord “Hap O’Loppa” Radcliff – the Hapilopper City Herald
CONCORD HEIGHTS, CASSADAIGUA – Imagine staring a 380-foot giant in the face. The suit of armor the giant is wearing would almost make you think she’s ready to go to war. And for one horrifying moment, it felt like she and the rest of her flock were going to war.

But then, the mood changes.

“Come join us for a celebration,” the giant says, before offering some cake. “Here’s to wishing Anastasia a good race at the Proving Grounds.”

Not many 380-foot giants decked out in armor would offer cake, but it should come as a surprise to no one that this is General Valentijn of the wonderful world of Valentine Z. That kind of hospitality has helped the Valentians become among the most popular foreign celebrities in Hapilopper.

But Hapiloppians know the Valentians of today, and not how they came to be. It involves a trip through time, a horrifying nuclear fireball and

Today, the Valentians are known as one of the friendliest group of individuals in the multiverse. They are the ones with the massive beds, perhaps the most comfortable around. They are the ones with the incredible hospitality, the kind that make you feel like a long-lost brother or sister, even if you’re just visiting for a weekend on a business trip. And maybe it’s that sort of hospitality that makes them so popular among Hapiloppians.

This season, the Valentians have been blessed with tremendous luck on the race track, with seven wins between Anastasia F.Y. Aye and Clarissa Alanis Star. Aye, along with Thea Alvarez, Jeremiah Brooke and Kai Qiang, will contend for the NSSCRA Championship this weekend at the Tundra Falls Proving Grounds in Newmanistan, and maybe that can be chalked up more to excellent preparation in the week leading up to the race, as well as great breaks on track.

Radcliff looked at the story file. He had a start and he had an end. But the middle part was going to take some work. There was a lot of things to take in with the story, and he wanted to do it justice. For a few years, he had been the biggest shit-stirrer in the Hapiloppian news media. He was the one that took down top celebrities when they had been caught doing something. He started scandals with his reporting. But now it looked like his time with the H.C. Herald was coming to an end, and he wanted to end it on an up note.

But he also wanted to keep his name clean. He removed his real name from the byline and started work on the middle section.
HAPILOPPER. Home of TEAM BLUE, Winner of NSSCRA 11/14 and Baptism of Fire 70.
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!
Visit beautiful Esportiva for your next vacation.

Sword Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Richard Irwin's Charged Podcast: "I wrecked you, not sorry"

Postby Sword Island » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:21 pm

RI: Hello boys and girls, welcome to Richard Irwin's Charged Podcast. Here as always is me Richard Irwin, my producer Jamie Scott-
JS:-hello!-
RI:-and joining me today is 8-time SISCS champion, NSSCRA driver, and my friend Micheal Rush
MR: You didn't have to say all of that
JS: Would you have preferred that he just call you Micheal 'Qualified in 56th Place at Tundra Falls' Rush?
MR: Maybe not that

laughter from the set

RI: Let's open today's show with our fan-picked topic sent in by Eric Thompson. How do you compare your( Richard Irwin's) 3 titles to Rush's 8 considering that 2 out of your 3 came before the Chase system?

MR: Right off the bat I'll acknowledge that the Chase system has helped me win at least 3 or 4 championships
JS: According to SwordIslandRacingRefernce, you wouldn't have had won in 2019, 2017, 2011, or 2008 without the Chase
MR: I just felt like since I came in with the Chase I and my team were able to figure out how to race it better than most of the other guys in the field. We would just take it pretty easy the first 20 or so races of the season and then just crank it up to max once Chase time got near
JS: So you essentially were running 16 race seasons as far your team were concerned
MR: Yeah. We saved all of our, erm, special things for the last 16 races of the season
RI: And by that, I assume you're implying all of the little loopholes in the rulebook you guys had come up with over the course of the year
MR: That is exactly what I meant. We preferred to call them unfair advantages. But back onto the subject of the supposed merit of my championships against your championships, it's two different eras
JS: In my opinion, I believe it's just as impressive to win a title under today's points system as any other. You have to be perfect for the last 10 races of the season to win a championship nowadays. It used to be you had guys locking up the championship 3 or 4 races in advance. Speaking of locking up the title, let's talk about the season

MR: 2006?
RI: Hell yes
JS: You two were on a different planet that year: 27 combined wins, over 6500 laps lead, and you guys locked out the Chase. Now I'm just going to ask you guys this, how in the hell do you both of you guys go from 7 wins in 2005 to 27 in 2006?
MR: Well for me it was that I just matured as a driver and didn't wreck everything in sight. I can't remember how many DNF's I had in my first 3 years-
RI:-14 Rush, 14
MR: Thanks :lol2: . But anyway I remember that offseason Charles Hawking sat me down and told me that if I stopped forcing everything and let my talent shine through that I would be the best to ever do it, and that hit home because he is 7-Time. Hearing that from his mouth really helped me find my calm in the car a bit
RI: Not too calm
MR: Do you want to talk about Fredericksburgh now or-
RI: -we can talk about it later on in the show. I remember the winter of 2005 calling Jamie and telling him that I was either going to win a championship the next year or finish dead last in the points
JS: You weren't too far off there
(part 2 will be posted tomorrow)
"Why do you care what people think?
Are you hooked up to their leash?
You know anklebiters
Ate up your personality"- Paramore

Song of the Day: Face Down- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Album of the Day: brand new eyes- Paramore

Wrecker
Attaché

Founded: Feb 16, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Wrecker » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:58 pm

WHAT WENT WRONG? A LOOK AT A MULTI-CAR TEAM THAT COULD HAVE BEEN
By Doug Buford, Hapilopper Television Network
HALSTED, WRECKERIA – At the start of the season, Hawking-Byrd Motorsports had very high hopes for the season. They had two fully-sponsored cars and two very capable drivers in Chris Holmes and Scott Hawking. The team was reportedly going to receive full factory funding from Preston Autos, which they felt was going to propel the team into the upper echelon of race teams currently occupied by teams like those from Cassadaigua, Vilita and Turori, Hapilopper and the Sherpa Empire.

So it had to have hurt for Hawking-Byrd to announce on Wednesday that they would be suspending operations following the last race of the NSSCRA season, this week’s Proving Grounds 500 in Newmanistan. In the release, the team cited “increasing difficulties with competing on the upper echelon of international motorsports.”

That’s, essentially, another way of saying the team didn’t have what it took to compete with the top teams in the NSSCRA. Maybe it was disorganization, maybe it was poor equipment, and maybe it was a subpar driver. Or maybe it was the Wreckerian economy going south, the victim of warring factions butting heads once again.

At the start of the season, Holmes had been tapped to drive that second car for Hawking-Byrd, but was fired by the team after failing to qualify for the first five races of the season. Holmes, speaking from his Hapilopper City apartment, was very frank when discussing why the team went wrong.

“Scott Hawking wanted to build the team around himself,” Holmes said. “That’s why the charter went to him and not me. I outqualified him every single week, but he got to go racing while I had to sit on the sidelines. So he’d get on to me for failing to qualify, while he was embarrassing himself every week on the track, getting in everyone’s way, breaking stuff and crashing cars, while I had to go home.”

Holmes, however, said the firing was a blessing in disguise for him.

“When I was fired by Hawking-Byrd, I decided I couldn’t stay in Wreckeria,” Holmes said. “The nation was slowly degenerating into war again. I’d look outside my window and I’d see guys getting mugged. Someone tried to break into my car a couple of times. So after I got back to Wreckeria, I decided to pack as much in my car as I could fit and left for Hapilopper.”

Holmes will return to Team Blue next season, replacing the retiring Frank Bronson. Since being fired from Team Blue, Holmes said he went sober, took a job as a forklift operator at a Mel’s Ultra-Mart Warehouse, lost 80 pounds and has found a girlfriend, a woman from the Buckridge area named Angela. More importantly, those that have spotted Chris lately have noted his more mature attitude to life.

Another possible factor into the team’s closure could very well be Hawking himself. Poor performance after poor performance from Hawking, including multiple engine failures and crashes, led both Good Motor Oil and Warner Hall Pizza to pull their sponsorships from the Hawking-Byrd cars.

Hawking declined to comment on the matter, except to indicate that he would be spending next year “working in the Hawking Motors office in Halsted.”

Recently, right before the NSSCRA teams left for Abanhfleft, Warner Hall Pizza indicated they were “re-evaluating their motorsports partnerships,” which indicated the company would be taking their name off Hawking’s car. A representative from Warner Hall Pizza indicated the day after the Five Star Mobile 500 that the pizza brand is, for the time being, getting out of motorsports sponsorships, at least for the next season or so.

“Thank you for your interest in Warner Hall Pizza,” a representative said in a statement. “For the time being, the cost of motorsports sponsorships, combined with our relatively low return on our investment with the Hawking-Byrd team, has led us to rethink our partnership with the team and with other auto racing organizations.”

And there is yet another factor – that of Preston Autos reportedly pulling factory involvement at the end of the year. Shawn Hammer, head of Preston Performance Products, appeared to confirm that Preston Autos would not provide any sort of factory support to the Hawking-Byrd team for NSSCRA 11.

“Automobile racing is a results-driven business at its core,” Hammer said in a phone interview on Monday. “Preston Performance, right now, supports a top NSSCRA team of three drivers that run up front on a weekly basis. We support a top WGPC team that had one driver very nearly won the driver’s championship. We support eight WGP2 teams for this season’s championship. Our resources are finite, and we can not support a race team that runs at the back of the field every single week.”

Hammer indicated there were a handful of incidents off-track that helped Preston Autos make up its mind, particularly involving team co-owner Chet Byrd.

“We received word that Mr. Byrd was funneling deliberately false information to a reporter named Hap O’Loppa earlier in the season concerning Team Blue reportedly cheating,” Hammer said. “We found out about this both from Mr. O’Loppa and from Amanda McAlister (Team Blue team principal). We asked Mr. Byrd to please cease. He refused to do so, and as a result, we felt the only course of action was to decrease our support for the team.”

Byrd was unavailable for comment, as was O’Loppa, who was reportedly on his way out from the Hapilopper City Herald following an incredibly controversial article concerning the Valentians.
Puppet of Hapilopper
Made with pride in Atlantian Oceania.

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

VTRacer - Season 10 Finale

Postby Vilita and Turori » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:43 am

Chase Rd. 3 Race #3 Top Scores

1 [180] :: @PinkHKluvs2718

2 [178] :: @LCarter11

3 [175] :: @NuclearBreeze

4 [172] :: @melvin_tha_gr8

5 [166] :: @fillygurl27

6 [163] :: @Paine_Andrews

7 [158] :: @DMizushima63

8 [154] :: @ole_yutzie

Playoff Chase Challenge Standings

1 [517] :: @Paine_Andrews

2 [513] :: @melvin_tha_gr8

3 [499] :: @fillygurl27

5* [491] :: @PinkHKluvs2718

-------------------------------------------------
4 [495] :: @NuclearBreeze

6 [485] :: @ole_yutzie

7 [474] :: @LCarter11

8 [468] :: @DMizushima63

NSSCRA Pick 'em Set for Championship Challenge Finale

When the Championship 4 were set for the NSSCRA's Top Tier circuit at the Concord Heights Motor Speedway in Cassadaigua, so was the final field set for Vilita & Turori Racer's NSSCRA Pick 'em Competition. With two competitors, @Paine_Andrews of Saint Kanye and @FillyGurl27 of Cassadaigua having already secured their spot in the Final 4, competitors from TJUN-ia, Vilita & Turori and Squidroida were hoping to join them with a shot at the Grand Prize in Tundra Falls.

All eyes, however, were on Hannah Kennedy. The defending champion of the V&T Racer NSSCRA Pick 'em Competition was on the outside looking in and in a situation where she almost needed to secure the Top score of the seasons penultimate race to get the free pass through to the final in order to try and defend her crown. And thats just what @PinkHKluvs2718 did.

With the rosters effectively reduced to three drivers with all eight remaining competitors having #46 Thea Alvarez on their official rosters, Kennedy's trio of #44 Kai Qiang, #7 Clarissa Alanis Star Samantha and #18 Jeremiah Brooke put up a monster performance. Only the presence of non-chase driver Frank Bronson inside the top five kept Kennedy from achieving a perfect pick'em score with each of her four rostered drivers including Alvarez finishing inside the Top 5 during the Five Star Mobile 500. Incredibly, had Kennedy achieved the Perfect Score it would have been just the second time in competition history that it occurred - with the first time being country-mate Jessica Reynolds (@FillyGurl27) who had already booked her place in the Championship 4 with her own perfect 1-2-3-4 finish in the opening race of the Round of 8.

Of course, it was a massive day for Sherpalander Kai Qiang, the former NSSCRA Champion who like Kennedy was looking for a win to propel them into the Championship 4. Not only did Qiang secure the victory and their place in the Championship 4 but they became the first driver to earn a 7-figure bonus from the Five Star Combo program achieved by winning three of the five events on the Five Star Combo schedule during the season.

Unlike one season ago when the four competitors to advance to the V&T Racer NSSCRA Pick 'em Finale were also the same four competitors who accrued the most points in the penultimate round, there was one competitor who had seemingly done enough to advance but would be knocked out by virtue of the top performance secured by @PinkHKluvs2718 - and that would be @NuclearBreeze. Despite accruing 495 points in the Round of 8 - a total 18 points higher than the Championship 4 cutoff from one season prior, the highest performing Vilita & Turorian user in the competition would be shuffled out of the Championship 4 ensuring that for the second consecutive season there would be no Vilita & Turorian competitor left to compete in the finale.

Among those eliminated from contention were the two remaining celebrity participants Squidroidia's Daryl Mizushima (@DMizushima63) and TJUN-ia's Lane Carter (@LaneCarter11). Carter was agonizingly close scoring 178 points just 2 back of @PinkHKluvs2718's near perfect score but it was not enough as Carter and Mizushima rounded out the bottom of the Round of 8 standings. There would be a consolation prize for the Celebrity duo, however, as they sat 1st and 2nd in the overall season-long standings. While far less prestigious there were more than just bragging rights on the line for the duo with Mizushima's 5-victory season entering a comfortable but not insurmountable 71 points clear of Carter heading into the Tundra Falls finale. Vilita & Turori competitor @oleyutzie was the only other participant within mathematical range of Mizushima in the season-long standings but at a further 60 points back from Carter it would be virtually impossible for the season-long winner to be anyone other than Mizushima or Carter.

Image VILITA & TURORI RACER
@VTRacer

Congratulations to the NSSCRA Pick 'em Championship Challengers! Good luck to @Paine_Andrews, @FillyGurl27, @melvin_tha_gr8 and @PinkHKluvs2718 in the deciding round!

#NSSCRA : #nspickem : #ProvingGrounds500

With the Final Four competitors known for the championship battle, there was just one thing left to settle. Who would be crowned the second Vilita & Turori Racer NSSCRA Pick 'em Playoff Chase Champion. While each competitor had to carefully select and navigate their roster to make the Playoff Chase, each also started with one driver assigned to them based on their relative position in standings at the end of the NSSCRA Pick 'em Regular Season compared with that of the NSSCRA Regular Season standings.

For the Championship Round, each participants roster would be reduced to just a single driver that must be among the NSSCRA Championship 4. For each V&T Racer NSSCRA Pick 'em Playoff Chase Challenge Championship Contender, if their originally assigned driver is still on their roster entering the Championship Challenge Round then that driver will be locked onto their roster as that contestants sole selection for the Championship Round. If a participant's initially assigned driver has been eliminated from the NSSCRA Chase then they will be assigned a new driver for the Championship Challenge Round through the following priority order:

1) Participants whose initially assigned driver is still eligible will be assigned that driver for the Championship Challenge
2) Participants whose initially assigned driver was eliminated in an earlier round but who replaced that driver slot with a driver who A) is still eligible and B) has not already been assigned through 1) will be assigned that driver for the Championship Challenge
3) Participants whose assigned driver has been eliminated from eligibility will be assigned a Championship Challenge roster as follows:
--- In order of current position in the NSSCRA Pick 'em Full Season Standings with preference to highest position
--- Highest finishing driver available based on NSSCRA Chase Round 3 standings who has not already been assigned per 1 & 2.

Just Two of the four V&T Racer NSSCRA Pick 'em Championship Challenge contestants had successfully ridden their assigned driver through to the final round. @Paine_Andrews topped the charts for the Round of 8 and did so through the strong performances of their assigned driver Anastasia Freya Yadana Aye. With the Valentian having topped the standings in the Round of 8 and accrued an NSSCRA record five victories already during the season it would be no surprise that Anastasia, and by extension, @Paine_Andrews were favored for Championship performances in the Proving Grounds 500. Hannah Kennedy (@PinkHKluvs2718) rode Kai Qiang's Five Star Mobile 500 victory all the way to the Championship 4 and now her chances of defending her Playoff Chase Challenge Championship will rest on the fate of the Sherpalander driver in Tundra Falls. Kennedy was one of two participants who had Qiang in their assigned slot for the Round of 8 but @melvin_tha_gr8 was not originally assigned Qiang - instead the Kanyean competitor selected Qiang as a replacement for Gwen Tracer Allison who was eliminated in the first round of the NSSCRA Chase. Due Kennedy's advancement to the Final Four however Melvin would not be able to claim Qiang for the finale and the determination between @melvin_tha_gr8 and @FillyGurl27 would come down to placement in the NSSCRA Pick 'em Full Season standings. @FillyGurl27 had initially been assigned Yraaga Gilli'i but cleverly swapped the Tropicorp backed driver out before the final round in favor of Clarissa Alanis Star Samantha who helped properl her to the Championship 4. However, despite being the first competitor to punch their ticket to the final four, Kennedy would ultimately get low priority on driver assignment leaving her assigned to... the defending NSSCRA Champion Jeremiah Brooke. @melvin_tha_gr8 would be the only participant paired up with a driver from their home country with the Kanyean link being formed through Thea Alvarez.

CHAMPIONSHIP 4 ASSIGNMENTS

@Paine_Andrews - #15 Anastasia Freya Yadana Aye

@melvin_tha_gr8 - #46 Thea Alvarez

@fillygurl27 - #18 Jeremiah Brooke

@PinkHKluvs2718 - #44 Kai Qiang

With only one race remaining in the season, the highest performing contestant over the course of the full season from the Top 10 nations represented in the V&T Racer NSSCRA Pick 'em Competition is listed as follows:
1st - SQUIDROIDIA       (@DMizushima63   -  1st)
2nd - TJUN-IA (@LCarter11 - 2nd)
3rd - VILITA & TURORI (@ole_yutzie - 3rd)
4th - SAINT KANYE (@melvin_the_gr8 - 5th)
5th - CASSADAIGUA (@fillygurl27 - 10th)
6th - NEW NORTHWESTEROS (@DJCleverPork - 11th)
7th - FILINDOSTAN (@RustyIbuna71 - 13th)
8th - TROPICORP (@drhamonii - 15th)
9th - HISPINAS (@JRoig46 - 24th)
10th- HAPILOPPER (@NathanEllis - 33rd)

1 [3554] :: @DMizushima63

2 [3473] :: @LCarter11

3 [3411] :: @ole_yutzie

4 [3372] :: @skiia

5 [3368] :: @melvin_tha_gr8

6 [3337] :: @DCarJR

7 [3321] :: @Trixie0921

8 [3303] :: @Paine_Andrews

9 [3250] :: @NuclearBreeze

10 [3199] :: @fillygurl27

11 [3183] :: @DJCleverPork

12 [3182] :: @LenaH8sU

13 [3169] :: @RustyIbuna71

14 [3162] :: @Packer10

15 [3136] :: @drhamonii

16 [3126] :: @eelcat827

17 [3123] :: @PinkHKluvs2718

18 [3119] :: @pegasiifan37

19 [3115] :: @AttyNinaDirnt

20 [3096] :: @MeghanWolcottOfficial

Each of the four Championship Challenge contestants will be earning great prize packages from Vilita & Turori Racer including all expenses paid behind-the scenes admission to the Vilaye Clash All-Star Exhibition during NSSCRA Season 11 where the Championship Challenge winner will be offered the opportunity to waive the green flag.

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

And Now, We Have Our Final 4

Postby TJUN-ia » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:16 pm

ImageImageImage

This blog was written by Derrick Carlisle, Jaguar Racing's Social Media Manager

The time had finally arrived to decide our Final 4 for NSSCRA X. The Five Star Mobile 500 would be the deciding race that would send two more drivers to Tundra Falls with the opportunity to take the 10th NSSCRA crown ever fought for and 9th that will actually be won. Thea Alvarez and Anastasia Freya Yadana Aye were already in the Finale based on wins in the previous two races but now, we had to decide the other two challengers one way or another. We at Jaguar Racing had nothing to fight for other than pride as the chaos when on around us, but we still had a race to try and do well in and that was the aim for today.

Let's begin, as always, with Alfonso Mercado (@AM64), who started another non-charter race in 23rd. He would actually stay around there for a while in this race before he found his way up to a high of 12th through some consistent driving in the midfield. He would fall back to the 20s eventually but then he would bounce back for the finish, ending up as the highest non-charter in 12th with another great day overall in the #64, a good sign for the future indeed. Gongming Gao was the closest non-charter challenger in 20th, Hossem Nasri was 22nd and the others in Jixaka Motorai (26th), Alex Knight (37th) and Kassie Collins (40th) also finished this race. Someone else who did was the open-charter in Tyler Abbott, ending up in 33rd for his 2nd and final race of the season.

Onto Michael Stefan (@Stefan07), who was starting in 19th, and his race would certainly be a bit more interesting than his teammate's. He would fall back to 25th once the running got going but from there, the rollercoaster would begin as he rose to 9th only to fall back down to that elusive 25th spot come around midway. #07 would then rise spectacularly once again, up to a high of 3rd, before falling down to 15th. From there, that general area is where he would be for the rest of this one, crossing the line in 11th (just ahead of Alfonso) and sent him back up to 10th in the battle for 9th, only 13 points back on Taylor Henderson entering the final weekend. Kai Qiang would book his spot in the Final 4 with the victory today over Clarissa Alanis Star Samantha and Frank Bronson. Jeremiah Brooke, the defending champion, finished in 5th and that was enough for him to make the Finale as well. In the end, Clarissa missed out by finishing second and Houston missed out by 3 points to Qiang, joining both River Suzgar II and Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal in the drop zone. Just like that, we have our Final 4: The defending champion and his teammate, the king of NSSCRA 8 and the 5-star queen from Valentine Z - 4 drivers from 3 nations split equally by sex and all fighting for the crown.

The final duel is next week as we head back to where this long road began: The Tundra Falls Proving Grounds of Newmanistan. Drake Stevenson may have had his way with Mr Hap O'Loppa (in a disgusting way, I might add. Fake news is no laughing matter, man, especially against a fellow competitor. ), but the Final 4 must have their ways with each other if one of them is to come out of all this as the champion of us all. See you next week, once the heat from the following twii I'm adding to this post dies down. See you then, DCar out!

Image HARPA GYLFISDÓTTIR
@IsfruinJR
- - @KQ98

I have you know that Derrick prefers to kiss my cheek at the moment, thank you very much. Sure, they are cute, but he's currently taken. 8)

#NSSCRA : #JaguarRacing : #Cheating

Current Standings: (T1) #07 - 10th (3177CPts/1W)/#64 - 29th (466pts)/(T2) #03 - 1st (4111CPts (5000)/3W/13T1Pts (67th))
Next T1 Race: Proving Grounds 500, Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Newmanistan (Chase Finale)
Next T2 Race: Proving Grounds 400, Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Newmanistan (Chase Finale)
Updated on Sundays to avoid confusion)
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Saint Kanye
Minister

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:23 am

THE ABCs OF NSSCRA 10
A look back at the season, from Aye to Zakhilwal

by Ray Wright

Twenty-six points races in the tenth season of the Nationstates Stock Car Racing Association. Twenty-six letters in the alphabet. Sounds like a perfect match, doesn't it? Here are some of the noisemakers and newsmakers this season, one for each letter (but not for each race).

A is for Anastasia Aye

The Valentian's performance really saw a big (no pun intended) boost. The driver of the #15 Eveline had several decent runs as a rookie last season, getting one win and making it to the playoffs. She got booted in the first round then, but this time around, she would make it all the way up to the Championship Four with an astounding five wins, including only the second instance of back to back victories in the Chase era. Title or not, Aye's sophomore campaign will surely stand as one of the finest single season performances in recent NSSCRA history.

B is for Beiyang

The North Chinese automaker's entry into the current season started with DNQs, DNFs and subpar finishes. But they would slowly get into their groove, posting top 20s and 15s and even an extra charter. With local star Gongming Gao and Kanyean recruit Ricky Lee helping their cause, look for the Beiyang factory team to be solid next season.

C is for Chris Holmes

Holmes' NSSCRA career continues to go on a roller coaster path. Fired from Team Blue in the middle of last season, he got picked up by Hawking-Byrd Motorsports of neighboring Wreckeria to drive their #56 Preston this season, only to get fired from that position as well after a string of DNQs. But all would not be lost for the young Hapiloppian. Frank Bronson's upcoming retirement meant the need for someone to fill his seat, and of course Team Blue chose someone who's already been familiar with both their cars and their members. Will the eleventh season bring something great for Holmes who'll now sport #8?

D is for Daryl Calhoun

Glorious Free Republic Motorsports was originally going to run just one car in the Everlong Series (see "E" below), with Pyotr Lavrentiev in the #19 Chadwick. Calhoun and his #20 were just a last-minute addition, but he would surprisingly be the one to go further into the playoffs, with one win in each of its three rounds (to add to his one in the regular season). Calhoun will be tested in the championship battle against Maddison Riley-Jones of TJUN-ia, Maddie Alexander of Cassadaigua, and Fleftic-Ceroatian Rustam Ilyich Yudin.

E is for the Everlong Contenders Series

The rise in popularity of stock car racing worldwide has led to an increase not only of people watching races on site or on air, but also of those actually wanting to drive around in circles for a taste of glory. The NSSCRA administration decided to cash in on this by creating a developmental series to groom young hopefuls into the next breed of stock car superstars. Hapiloppian convenience store chain Everlong became its main backers, hence the name.

F is for Fiona Sunarya

Drivers without a charter are often overlooked, especially if they fail to make the field more than once. This is likely why the Filindo's first place performance in the TJUN 600 is seen as a huge upset. BA Tim would surely be foolish not to let the person who gave them their first win, Chase appearance and Rookie of the Year honor keep her seat in the #00 Badai Angin and give her a charter while they're at it.

G is for Good Motor Oil

The company's logos and slogan, "Get Good", were everywhere during the recently concluded seventeenth season of the WGPC. In NSSCRA, however, they mainly appeared on Chris Holmes' car, and the slogan became ironically synonymous with his failures to qualify. That perception could change by next season, though, as Good have decided to partner with Team Blue instead of Hawking-Byrd.

H is for Hap O'Loppa

This is the pen name of a journalist from (gasp) Hapilopper, who has put out reports claiming to expose cheating among two different NSSCRA teams on two separate occasions. After it was revealed that neither Team Blue nor Valkyrie Racing team engage in the practices that he wrote about in his articles, O'Loppa gained negative attention from throughout the entire NSSCRA community.

I is for iROS

Stock car drivers. Open-wheel racers. Rally drivers. For years, many motorsports enthusiasts have asked the same question: Given the same equipment, who would win in a race? One man dared to answer that question - iBen Toralmintii, creator of iBen's Race of Stars. The Turorian multi-series driver handpicked many of the most notable names in NSSCRA, WGP2, the Hodori rally circuit and more, creating perhaps the most ambitious crossover in the world of sports. At least until someone decides to bring together World Cup, World Bowl, IBC and WBC champs for a game of dodgeball or something.

J is for Jeremiah Brooke

Through the years, the Glorious Free Republic Motorsports driver has amassed one of the largest followings among NSSCRA fans, given his performance, his chill "good guy" personality, and his relationship with fellow crowd darling Stacie Houston (see "S" below). Brooke drove his #18 Chadwick to two first place finishes during the regular season, in Jebslund and Hampton Island, cementing his place in the Chase. He then survived three grueling rounds on the way to a shot at defending the championship he earned last season.

K is for Knight, Alex

The Hampton Islander won the Pencurve Electronics 500 three seasons ago, but hasn't done much of note since. He would be back in the news season, but only for losing his charter due to underperformance. Knight is one guy who'd really benefit from a switch to a bigger team, but that could be unlikely, seeing how his teammate Kevin Cosgrove chose to quit the series last season instead of driving for another country.

L is for Liangmei Li

Poor Li. A fourth place points finish last season earned her the right to enter iROS, but on the NSSCRA side of things, the Sherpalander's performance took a hit. Now driving the #5 machine for Newmanistan's Rocket Motorsports, Li failed both to win and make the Chase, sitting a mere twentieth in the standings with one race to go. Perhaps she could climb back up next season as she adjusts more to her new team?

M is for Michael Stefan

The Jag won a race this season, just as he did in the last, but this would be his first Chase appearance. While he would eventually get eliminated from the Round of Twelve on a tiebreaker (Jeremiah Brooke has the same number of points, but had one more win), Stefan's popularity still increased, especially in the gay community that he (along with boyfriend and teammate Alfonso Mercado) is a part of.

N is for Number Changes

There were many notable changes between the current season's lineup and the previous. Drivers came, left and switched teams, so car numbers would be shuffled around. Some of the most notable changes: Sage Caldwell went from GFR's R&D #19 to its full-time #3 following Skip Stiller's retirement. Bryan Harrison jumped from Rocket Motorsports to Team Cassadaigua to take over the #4, whose former driver Meghan Sharpe, like Stiller, has also called it quits. Harrison's old #5 ride was filled by Liangmei Li, who formerly used #89 as part of the IRACT delegation. Jolyn Caulfield returned to the NSSCRA after spending a season in WGP2. Now driving for the Gardeners, she wouldn't be able to use the #15 (taken by Anastasia Aye), so #76 it was.

O is for Oquevocêquiser

Also known as "O-Town" to fans (and drivers) who struggle to pronounce its name, this Jebslunden city hosted the Libertacao 250, the race where Anastasia Aye joined Jeremiah Brooke in the "Back-to-Back Club" by getting her second win in two weeks.

P is for the Proving Grounds Race Weekend

We'll be back to where we started - literally, as for the entire Chase era, the Tundra Falls Proving Grounds in Newmanistan hosts the season finale in addition to the opener. This Saturday, the very first Everlong Series champ will be crowned, and on Sunday, we will find out who the best driver of the tenth main tier series will be. To those who will be hungering for racing action during the NSSCRA offseason, don't worry - the fourth season of WGP2 is just about to begin.

Q is for Qiang Kai

Yeah, that's how they say it back in his native Sherpaland. The "Stock Car Stud" won three crown jewel races (the Tundra Falls 500, Pencurve Electronics 500 and Five Star Mobile 500) and will be looking to add to his trophy from two seasons ago, returning with a vengeance after narrowly missing the Championship Four last season.

R is for the Rumble at the Rice Fields

The annual race at the Plum Lake Circuit in Sherpaland serves as a way not only for foreign drivers to test their skills against the locals, but also to determine who gets an open charter for one of the NSSCRA races held in that country. Ex-GFR member Skip Stiller sparked some controversy when, despite winning this season's edition of the Rumble, he refused to come out of retirement and instead hand over the charter to his teammate, Yeezie veteran racer and radio host Max Gannon. Stiller later twii'd out a statement saying that he was entitled to do with his prize (the charter) as he pleases, including giving it away.

S is for Stacie Houston

The other half of the NSSCRA's "Stacemiah" power couple, Houston will surprisingly be entering the last race of the season winless. The 'Dagan driver of the #27 Blaze is not in the title hunt anymore, but look for her to still be fighting hard in Tundra Falls in order to erase that zero in her win column.

T is for Thea Alvarez

Off the track, she's shy, sweet and a little childish. But on it, she's a dangerous opponent. The Kanyean made good on her promise to bounce back from last season's Round of Sixteen exit - she'll be appearing in her fourth Championship Four in five seasons, much to the delight of her millions of supporters worldwide (the "Alvarez Army").

U is for UrGa

Short for Urotovsky-Gatutin General Machine Building Enterprise Motorsports Division (whew), the Pridnestrovia-based team had a completely different roster from the one they fielded last season. They hoped to replicate the success of Guillermo Archer using Sherpa recruit Dinggu Wang, but it didn't go as planned. Wang went winless and just twenty-fourth in points, causing some fans to call for the return of the series' "bad boy".

V is for Valentiangate

This is the term given to the rumors that Valentine Z's sudden dominance this season was a result of them doing illegal modifications to their cars. No proof has ever come out so far, though, despite numerous inspections done by NSSCRA officials both before and after qualifying sessions and races.

W is for the WGPC

The world's premier open wheel racing series has a long relationship with the NSSCRA. Drivers who have participated in both series include Matthew Portland, Drake Stevenson and the iROS founder himself, iBen Toralmintii. The most recent addition to this list is Abovian three-time WGPC champ Terho Talvela, who made his stock car debut in one of the biggest races of the season, the Pencurve Electronics 500 in Jalton, St. Kanye. Talvela finished just thirty-fourth in a #56 Chadwick fielded by the home team, but the cheers for him at the end were among the loudest.

X is for Xanneria

Home country of KRD Team Iona, whose decisions early in the season have been considered by some as questionable. Case in point: despite giving them their first (and so far only) NSSCRA win last season, Roman Gwinnett found himself without a charter, and later a ride. The team would get a win and a Chase spot in the Everlong Series though, courtesy of Tucker Capps.

Y is for Yeezie Magic

During this season's Kardashia Chadwick Dealers 400, Thea Alvarez earned a very special hometown win, coming out of seemingly nowhere to overtake Valentian competitors Clarissa Samantha and Anastasia Aye on the last lap. This is the latest occurrence of what the media and fans call "Yeezie magic", the Kanyean drivers' tendency to steal victory in the closing moments of a race.

Z is for Zakhilwal, Rinzi Aogar

Rinzi brought the Mayhem and came up clutch twice in the Chase, winning the Badai Angin Night Race to escape the Round of Sixteen, and then the Friendship 375 to get past the Round of Twelve. No third time charm for the driver of the #06 AutoModi though, as he would be eliminated from the Round of Eight along with Stacie Houston, Clarissa Samantha, and Yraaga Gilli'i.

There are obviously many other places, events and entities of note, but they begin with the same letters as those on this list. If you have any comments or suggested revisions, please feel free to drop me an email at ray dot wright at the dash kardashia dash kibitzer dot STK.
Last edited by Saint Kanye on Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gale Force Racing (NSSCRA Main Tier)
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Skip Stiller Speedworks (NSSCRA Second Tier)
20 Sage Caldwell | 22 Pyotr Lavrentiev (S13 Champion) | 30 Lexi Patterson

Champion:
IBC 20, 22, 23, 24 (Basketball)
NSCAA 11 (College Basketball)
IC7 II, VI (7ball)
Arena Bowl VI (Arena Gridiron)
NSSCRA 9 (Stock Car Racing)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:37 am

Focus Shifts To Saturday, Big News For Reynolds,
By Chelsea Dufresne, Concord Heights Times

It’s the final race of the season, and for the first time ever in the modern era, Team Cassadaigua does not have a driver in the Championship four. Stacie Houston had another good season in terms of overall performance, but she is undoubtedly feeling that the season is a disappointment for her especially because she has not picked up a win yet. I have to say that I think that Houston could be a major spoiler in the Proving Grounds 500. Think about it, you have teams that have a driver feeling the pressure of running for the title, and their race teams funneling their support (you would think) to that driver over the others on their team. Saint Kanye has two drivers to choose from, one hungry to win their first title, and the other looking to go back to back. Then, there is Houston, the driver who has had a good season, but is racing not for a championship, but to pick up that win which has been elusive. Stacie has not talked about the potential to go winless this year, but has kept her comments focused on winning to win the race. Sure, she’s stated that she hopes Jeremiah Brooke wins the title. That is to be expected, and I am sure that Stacie will do what she can to help Brooke on this track in terms of drafting, but if she needs to go for the win, she certainly will.

The focus of Team Cassadaigua is on the EverLong Series, it seems, and with Maddie Alexander. This is where we could potentially win a championship, so it is great to have something to race for at the Proving Grounds. Alexander says that she is not getting ahead of herself and will just do what she has done all year. “It’s a big race, and at a superspeedway you need to drive smart. The cars are all the same pretty much, so you have to know who to draft with, and which line to be in. Chelsea (Taylor) have talked about it at length about what our game plan will be. I am happy to have Chelsea in my corner right now.” Maddie did not address the rumors that were going on about her going to the #4 car, and some things have popped up lately that she could be entertaining other offers from other nations. Maddie did say something about that, though, “I appreciate that other countries have shown an interest in me. However, I will only run, right now, for Team Cassadaigua.” Chelsea Taylor, who does not have as clear of a path to making it to the big time while driving a Blaze is the more likely candidate in that regard to consider alternatives. Maddie probably knows that the #4 car is a strong possibility for next season, this is just not the right time to talk about it.

In other news, the Concord Heights Times is proud to announce that Jessica Reynolds has been hired to be a special NSSCRA analyst for us, and I look forward to working with her. Reynolds is probably more known to people as “fillygurl27”, the participant who has made the final four in each of the last two seasons of the V & T Racer pick ‘em. We will hope to frequently have Reynolds provide picks for who she thinks will win and run well in each upcoming race during the season next year. We should mention that an invitation was also extended to Hannah Kennedy, otherwise known as PinkHKluvs2718, but she turned it down for personal reasons. Kennedy is also a finalist now for the last two years, and is the reigning champion of the event.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Filindostan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Filindostan » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:07 am

Changes brewing at Badai Angin for NSSCRA 11
by TGF Staff

We have thought that after their big announcement before the Badai Angin Night Race when NSSCRA visited Yoggy Oval during the Round of 16, there would not much more changes will be implemented in the organization. After all, insider reports have stated that current FISCAR and part time Everlong driver Mercy Binayas would be stepping up full time in a third Badai Angin car for the main series in NSSCRA 11. Recent developments now have pointed to her stepping up to the Everlong Series full-time instead.

This was after another inside source has leaked to the Filindo media that the organization has secured the services of Vilita and Turori driver Rockii Ezis, currently driving for Rocket Motorsports. The deal will probably only be announced after the last race of the season at Tundra Falls as per the source, sponsorship and car numbers are being finalized for the third team. Original sources have identified that originally, Hana Bhe would be the odd girl out of the organization as she seems to fail to keep the #0 team inside the top 20 in points, however, with one last race remaining, she is just three points behind last year's Championship 4 participant, Liangmei Li for 20th, after the Sherpalander finished dead last in the Five Star Mobile 500 in her #5 Rocket Motorsports ride.

However, considering that the primary charter would go to whatever car Ezis drives next season, or to this season's Rookie of the Year, Fiona Sunarya, the car that would be driven by Binayas would have a hard time qualifying for races next season, which was experienced beforehand by Sunarya prior to her win at TJUN 600 and subsequent inclusion into the playoffs. Despite this and the #0 team being in the top 25 in points, the Filindostan organization might be only given a single charter for use at the start of next season, thus the decision to put Bhe in the open charter next season instead of letting her go at season's end.

This theory was further solidified this week as officials from NSSCRA was informed by Werner Ragos that Mercy Binayas would enter both Everlong and Main series races, with the #0 she usually drives in the former, and will drive the #99 with the charter which is allotted for the #0 Team of Hana Bhe. The latter will run without a charter and must qualify into the field by speed to even have a chance of usurping Li into the top 20 in points. As for the car numbers, it seems that there will be some shuffling of numbers between Badai Angin Tim Motorsport and the Katana Racing for next season, as rumors surfaced that the #00 which the former negotiated with Jaguar Racing last season, will be returned to its spiritual owners as Kissan Motors would be backing the Ajian racing team, the first time since the 6th season where Kissan has been involved in NSSCRA.

We shall wait for the last race to be completed before we see these announcements go live.

OOC Note: Please enter Tadashi Mitsubishi instead in the #0 if Mercy Binayas is not allowed to race in both main and Everlong series.
Nation active only for Motorsports.
The Artist formerly known as Sangti | Potentia et Sanctitas Populi
Baptism of Fire 66 Winners
Trigram: FID | Demonym: Filindo/Filindostani | Capital: San Marco | Leader: Dorigo Dutete | Newswire | No Nonsense Sportswear | Esportiva | IUBC Newswires | Domestic Motorsports

Garden at 6th Mile Road
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Garden at 6th Mile Road » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:22 pm

The Gardeners – Tier 1: Five Star Mobile 500, Concord Heights Motor Speedway; Concord Heights, Cassadaigua (Short Track); Tier 2: Illustrious Coffee 400, Concord Heights Motor Speedway; Concord Heights, Cassadaigua (Short Track)

Holly once again proved herself to quite a competition not just for the other drivers but for the Valentians. Even the main team was feeling some pinch, a distinctive blue and light blue #55 car keeping it consistent throughout the entire race. Holly was different not just because of her nature and her seemingly contrary stance to go into motorsports - it was also because of her car. Whilst Gwen's #31 sports the brightest colors that makes her car stand out, Holly's car only has the tire sponsors, with the rest of the body decorated in blue flowers and a minimalist portrait of herself. It was certainly a sight to behold.

In the meantime, Jolyn has been making strives of her own. While she was still not the same Jolyn back in NSSCRA 8 (netting a couple of wins here and there), she found herself getting back on track and doing amendments for any and all possible damage of reputation that she might have had. For all intents and purposes, both her and Holly were more than clear of the cheating accusations given the state of their placements throughout many races. The two of them mostly hang out in the background as Valentijn and the others helped deal with the rumors against them, especially from that Hap O' Loppa fellow. Realising the possible danger that she might be in, Holly made a quick run for it, tunneling back into her dimension and spending a good few days simply relaxing. "Well, if he could write something as outrageous as that, I would hate to see what would happen to me if he found out about me."

And there was that, at least for the time being. With the grand finale coming up soon, the Valentians proposed that they be getting a new set of cars. "It would be a little wasteful, wouldn't it?" Jolyn commented as the proposal was shared around the airship. She took a few sips from her glass of liquor before continuing on, "But I do see your points. If we are going for the final race, I think it will only be right that we spare no expense in this and make completely new vehicles. No quirks, no funny engine troubles, all of that. I'm in, of course."

The Valentians having generally accepted the notion, they went about building the cars in the designated 32 hours. Even Holly came back at the start of the assembling process in order to help out here and there - cooling the machinery, providing the energy needed, and a whole nine other yards. Within 30 hours of non-stop working, the cars were complete. Brand new #7, #15, #31, #55, #76, and even Valentijn's #10. Fresh paint, fresh engine, all accordance with the checkups that the NSSCRA officials might run through for the qualifications in the next few days.

The question now remains: What would they do with their old cars?
Factbooks. No NS Stats for this nation!

• Self-proclaimed King of Forum 7, a.k.a. Forum 7 dweller that your mom warns you about. (Got inspiration from Folknoren).
• Favorite catchphrase: Nani the f**k, so many ninjas.
• A dimensional rift created from nuclear bombs.
• Violently violated the Laws of Thermodynamics with shoddy writing.
Ruled by * takes a deep breath *
Holly De Stralend en Wonderbaarlijk Licht Koningin Aurora Symantha Vreugde Lavender Astrid Lilac Marlie Nova Radiant Starlight.
(SSCG(3) ↑TREE(3) g64)! Joules,
g64 = Graham's Number, TREE(n) = TREE sequence, SSCG(n) = Friedman's SSCG function, n! = Factorial, and an b = Knuth's Up-Arrow Notation.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:23 pm

The Valentians – Intermission

Within 30 hours of non-stop working, the cars were complete. Brand new #7, #15, #31, #55, #76, and even Valentijn's #10. Fresh paint, fresh engine, all accordance with the checkups that the NSSCRA officials might run through for the qualifications in the next few days.

The question now remains: What would they do with their old cars?

"Well, I think we should put them up in a museum!" Jared exclaimed excitingly, "I think it is only right that we treat them with respect and leave them to retire well after they have served their purposes."

"Oooh, an interactive museum!" Clarissa added in, "Not just one of those VR things. We can have these cars sitting in the museum, AND let people climb onto them and interact with different buttons. Of course, we would need to plug out or cut the engine wires from the controls so that they won't suddenly accelerate and hit the wall."

"That way everyone can look at the different bits and pieces that makes our cars unique. Excellent suggestions!" Jolyn was clapping alongside Anastasia, elated about the definite idea that they should have made their cars more interactive. Back when they retired their NSSCRA 8-9 vehicles, all they did was put them up in a garage of a museum and barred anyone from touching them. It was a bit of a wasted opportunity that they were only looking at now.

Gwen, on the other hand, has a few other ideas. She cleared her throat a little, making sure that everyone has more or less said what they wanted to. "Well, I don't oppose the museum idea and would actually like to do it too! BUT... hehe, I want to try out something with my car before it gets sent to the museum, you see?"

The other Valentians were a bit skeptical of what Gwen might be suggesting. After all, she being the master of space and time, she can basically go anywhere she want to and do anything she want to. The question is, what would she do with traveling through time and space not just by herself but with her car? It was that sort of suggestion from a friend whom you know that they can handle it, but the thought of them still attempting to pull it off still makes you have some reservations with it. That was exactly what Valentijn felt at that moment, not wanting to deny such an opportunity, but were also eager to know about it. "Well, ahh... let's hear it, then! Oh no, don't tell me you are going to crash it in some demolition derby or drift it around. We still need the car in one piece."

"Oh nah, I wasn't thinking about that. Let's just say I want to have some fun with the car, and me in another world. You know what I mean?"

She explained her plan as fully as possible, citing that there would be little to no paradoxes. "Emphasis on "little to none", of course. Still, I would be trying this out in a completely parallel world, and I can assure everyone that I won't collapse the space-time continuum. Again." Gwen's voice was as honest as it could get, invested in the idea that she wanted to take her car and go through whatever plans that she might have had. She eventually got a go-ahead with it, since it would not make that a lot of sense for Fate to be denied from doing something. She would eventually find a way, after all.

"Don't worry, I will bring some souvenirs too!"

Gwen Tracer Allison Oxton – NASCAR Whelem Modified Tour, Daytona Beach Road Course in Daytona Beach, FL

January 15, 1949.*

An average sunny day in Florida, a perfect day for what is possibly one of the very first stock car races, though it's not the "Strictly Stock" that most people seem to be a bit more familiar with. It was quite a sight to behold when one looks back at it - vintage cars and motors that were already capable of more than 80 km/h of speed in those eras. A trip down memory lane as one looks at the living legends and champions of those yester-decades. Looking back, those vehicles were definitely slower compared to 350+ km/h that NSSCRA is capable of, let alone the 800-1000 km/h of VRSCR. Still, the race did have its humble roots from way back.

As the race heads for its last few laps, one can see #8's Marshall Teague leading the pack with quite a strong lead, with #0's Speedy Thompson following him. The race commentators were a bit sparse back then, consisting of just a handful of reporters making separate commentaries on the status and positions of the racers. "There is no stopping Marshall Teague, folks, for he has already lead 12 laps!"

"13 laps now."

"Right you are! Of course, the others like Speedy and Guy are not going to back down, the #0 and #21 also making strides to take over the leading car..."

"Ohh, what is that?! Camera, point at Turn 3!"

"Oh my goodness, are you seeing what I am seeing?"

"You are not hallucinating, buddy! Camera, are you seeing this right now? As the cars made a turn around Turn 3, we have a plume of dust and a loud explosion-like noise."

"Did we have an accident?"

"It does not seem to be. All the other cars were still around. #56, Buddy Shuman's #5, OHH dear me! We have been treated to a sight of... a vehicle!"

"I thought we have this place barred from any interruptions?"

"Indeed, we have! But look at it, bud! It's... it's a #31!"

"Wasn't that Dick Blackwell?"

"It appears to be... blue and bright green. Holy mackerel, folks at course and home, ladies and gentlemen, that is perhaps the most unusual thing we have ever seen!"

"Shouldn't the race be stopped or flagged right now? It seems that we have quite an interruption here!"

"This is definitely one for the history books!"

"Always bet on the Fate?"

"... Something's wrong. We need to get the officials here, now!"

At that moment, a small general panic settled in. Many of the drivers were getting fazed and started pulling over, wanting an early retirement from the race at least to know what was going on. A handful of audience were already packing it up and leaving, while some of them stayed jotting down notes feverishly in order to take down as many details as possible. Whatever the car was, it was definitely traveling 2 times as fast. It was also swerving here and there, owing to the dirt track that the car was not made for. "Oh, blimey," the driver inside exclaimed to herself at the sound of the car's underbelly grinding against a small hill, "I should have upped the suspensions."

"A strange car appears right behind #56 & #5. Origin unknown."

"Who in blazes was that?! That is perhaps the most unusual automobile we have ever seen!"

"Is that one of those cars of the future that I kept hearing about from those magazines?!"

30 more minutes have passed, and at this point, the driver with her car were more or less stopped by a barrage of reporters, staff, and some of the security. The police were also told to be making their way to the beach course. There was a tension of silence as they quietly clicked their cameras, not wanting to get onto the bad side and attention of the mysterious woman in her equally flashy firesuit.

"Who- who are you?" one of the reporters finally asked. In a slow but steady motion, indicative that she did not want to hurt anyone and was instead just amused, the driver of #31 took out her helmet slowly. More camera shutters, intense writing and jotting, and a whole slew of gasps and disbeliefs.

"The name is Gwen. Gwen Tracer Allison Oxton. It was certainly fun, hehe."

After a few seconds of short and quick questions and answers, Gwen put back her helmet, got back into her car, and drove off, leaving behind a very, very disoriented group of drivers, officials, and audience alike. The police were on her pursuit, but their cars topped at 90 mph (144 km/h). "Haha, amateurs," she thought to herself, cruising carefully out of the beach, back on the concrete road, and easily navigating through narrow and wide roads alike. Gwen used a combination of her time powers alongside her car's speed to get away from the pursuit, whilst making sure that no one else gets hurt - she simply wanted to have fun, not kill anyone in a vehicular manslaughter. As she escaped the city areas and going onto the open road, it was time to stop playing games with them. Gwen switched her car to a 4th gear and gunned out of there, topping out at 355 km/h, and then at 500 km/h as she slowed down the time around her to x0.7. "See ya later, loves!"

Seemingly away from the group of pursuers, she drove along the open roads of 1949 Florida and the highways of USA, keeping her car quiet and cruising at 60 km/h. The gas was not a problem, and neither is anything else, for that matter. She do know that she would have to revert it back, lest she attracted international news about a time-traveling car and "myth", alongside several conspiracy theories and governmental researches into the possibilities of parallel worlds. Those were something Gwen could not let happen, especially not in a place like this. A few days have passed and sure enough, the news have already made it around the globe. Parking her car somewhere in an abandoned shack that no one would ever look inside, Gwen then walked a few hundred meters to a nearby motel and rented a room. "Eveline Hepburn, please," she said, using two of her other names. Once she was inside the motel, she realised that there was already quite a stir that she caused back in Florida. Local broadcasts, international channels, newspapers, everyone has been searching for that one woman named "Gwen Tracer Allison Oxton". Worse off, she showed her face.

"Remember when this was just about me racing cars? Hmph, seems like now we have time travel and parallel dimensions too. Not sure how well it would fit here," Gwen thought to herself, quickly running off from the motel after materializing a hundred dollars to pay for the room. With the snap of her finger, she then teleported her car back onto the airship of Valentine Z (nearly squashing Clarissa's foot in the progress), and another snap...

As the race heads for its last few laps, one can see #8's Marshall Teague leading the pack with quite a strong lead, with #0's Speedy Thompson following him. The race commentators were a bit sparse back then, consisting of just a handful of reporters making separate commentaries on the status and positions of the racers. "There is no stopping Marshall Teague, folks, for he has already lead 12 laps!"

"13 laps now."

"Right you are! Of course, the others like Speedy and Guy are not going to back down, the #0 and #21 also making strides to take over the leading car..."

"Andddd it's a victory for Marshall, folks! Quite a strong driver, I must say!"

"The man is definitely a legend. After all, he already netted himself a few good placements and finishes in the previous years!"

"We will be back after a quick commercial, and then will head on down for the interviews."

Gwen was safely back home, sitting relaxingly on her chair and leaning back. In front of her were quite a handful of souvenirs that she brought back from her time - race posters, a handful of model cars, a few bottles of Coca Cola from 1949, and more importantly, a small tub of Lena Blackburne Baseball Rubbing Mud.

"Huh, so it was that one thing everyone was fawning over," Valentijn said, reading through a history book. Apparently, the Valentian world has such a thing too, though obviously before the pre-Valentian Era.

"So... why brought it here? I am not sure if we can sell it to the people here. Do they even know of Lena Blackburne? Do they even HAVE Lena Blackburne?" Jolyn asked curiously.

"I don't really know, but I heard it was such a big thing in that world! So I bought one, hehe."

"Hmm, okay. I mean, we could use it when we are playing baseball, I guess. But I never get the rules of it."

The Valentians went on for a bit of a casual conversation before ending it off with a well-deserved nap from all of the car assembling. To Gwen, she took a few weeks of break in 1949 Florida. To the Valentians back in Newmanistan, she was only gone for 5 minutes.

* [OOC note: The date was not an error. Remember that this happened in a parallel world!]
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:38 pm

Rinzi Zakhilwal felt deflated, burnt out, and numb as he climbed out of his car at the end of the Five Star Mobile 500. After two miraculous wins to save himself from elimination in the first two rounds of the Chase, he had dared to home for another miracle -- but it didn't happen. He spent most of the race puttering around in 10th or 15th place, keeping up with the pack, but not finding the big breaks he needed to move up to the front. And then as the last laps wound down, he started slumping because his tires wearing out. His body was stiff and achy from lots of driving in one day, and his feet felt heavy as he trudged away from the car.

He gave Qiang a half-hearted, "Good race, little dude," without making any move to ruffle the other driver's hair.

Qiang had been telling Rinzi for years to stop ruffling his hair, but now when he finally got his wish, he realized something must be wrong. He paused for a moment in the middle of his victory celebrations to ask, "Are you okay, Rinzi?"

"I'm just disappointed," said Rinzi, drooping dejectedly. "I really thought this might be my year to win it all, but I guess God has other plans." He said similar things in interviews.

Later in the evening, he went to dinner with Tashi. They talked a little about the race, but also about other things. "Does Mayhem not know that I'm fluent in English?" Tashi asked. She had seen Mayhem's new ad and she wondering about their casting decisions.

"I don't know," said Rinzi. "Maybe they didn't think your accent would sound right. I didn't think to ask. Mayhem ads are always a little campy anyway."

"That's true," said Tashi. "But I do like that scent you've been wearing lately. It's got a nice spice smell to it."

Kai Qiang was below the cut line too when he arrived in Concord Heights, so he needed a good race too if he wanted to make the final four. But unlike Rinzi, he managed to pull it off. Qiang felt a rush of relief as he crossed the finish line, barely holding off Clarissa. He still wasn't sure whether the Valentians were playing by the rules or not, but right now he didn't care that much. Right now he was just focused on winning this race. This way there was no question that he was in the final four, no need to wait anxiously to see what order the other drivers finished, no need to wait for the NSSCRA officials to tally up the scores. Getting the win made it all beautifully clear cut.

In Victory Lane, he was swarmed by his crew, other drivers, media people looking for interviews, etc. Qiang hugged, high-fived, and fist-bumped basically anybody who was there. Beihua's TV crew asked him how he felt about his victory. Qiang grinned at the camera and said, "Oh, it's a big relief! I really needed things to go right today, and I got exactly what I needed." He had a gap in his smile where a couple of teeth had been knocked out in a crash a couple years ago, and his hair was full of confetti and champagne that Rinzi had been too depressed to ruffle out today. All in all, he looked like an excited little kid at a birthday party.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:39 pm

Qualifying: Proving Grounds 500, Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Newmanistan (Superspeedway)
Lap Record: 56.342 sec.

Qualifying Results:
NSSCRA 10
1 #7- Clarissa Alanis Star Samantha (Valentine Z) 56.774
2 #31- Gwen Tracer Allison Oxton (Valentine Z) 56.781
3 #79- Dinggu Wang (Abanhfleft) 56.789
4 #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 56.796
5 #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) 56.830
6 #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 56.837
7 #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) 56.853
8 #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) 56.863
9 #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 56.881
10 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 56.884
11 #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 56.889
12 #60- Ricky Lee (The Northern Chinese Republic) 56.904
13 #5- Liangmei Li (Newmanistan) 56.919
14 #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) 56.964
15 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 56.971
16 #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) 57.037
17 #43- Tsering Chu (The Sherpa Empire) 57.046
18 #70- Gongming Gao (The Northern Chinese Republic) *Q* 57.058
19 #14- River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) 57.077
20 #05- Micheal Rush (Sword Island) 57.091
21 #55- Holly Aurora Lapia Starlight (Garden at 6th Mile Road) 57.094
22 #76- Jolyn Maxine Helen Ceeta (Garden at 6th Mile Road) 57.114
23 #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) *Q* 57.129
24 #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) 57.140
25 #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 57.212
26 #80- Ganglie Zhe (Abanhfleft) 57.221
27 #00- Fiona Sunarya (Filindostan) 57.255
28 #15- Anastasia Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z) 57.344
29 #07- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) 57.369
30 #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 57.467
31 #35- Kassie Collins (Sword Island) *Q* 57.483
32 #4- Bryan Harrison (Cassadaigua) 57.552
33 #59- Ashley Matthews (Newmanistan) 57.787
34 #30- Lexi Patterson (Jebslund) 57.803
35 #40- Shigeru Ishikawa (Squidroidia) 57.881
36 #3- Sage Caldwell (Saint Kanye) 57.914
37 #22- Matthew Conrad (Hampton Island) *Q* 57.986
38 #01- Hossem Nasri (Abanhfleft) *Q* 57.999

39 #21- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) 58.127
40 #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 58.198
41 #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) *Q* 58.258
42 #9- Lício Granado (Lisander) *Q* 58.293
43 #88- Jixaka Motorai (Tropicorp) *Q* 58.302
44 #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 58.308
45 #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) *Q* 58.472

46 #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) 58.727
47 #1- Vanda Rosa Cordeiro Kerman (Jebslund) *Q* 58.836
48 #13- Brigadegeneral Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 58.850
49 #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 58.903
50 #97- Darnell Curry (Northwest Kalactin) *Q* 58.911
51 #92- Thomas Delgado (Northwest Kalactin) *Q* 59.077
52 #47- Anthony Barnes (Northwest Kalactin) *Q* 59.093
53 #84- Claude Dzibaiyev (Twicetagram and JYPe) *Q* 59.211

54 #57- Gordon Orton (Appalachian Nation) 59.217
55 #77- Depp Jones (Kriegiersien) *Q* 59.333
56 #87- Layla Diamantriov (Twicetagram and JYPe) *Q* 59.362
57 #52- Lee Shera (Kriegiersien) *Q* 59.387
58 #90- Dexter Warner (Kohnhead) *Q* 59.507
59 #51- Tex Crazy (Kriegiersien) *Q* 59.619

60 #91- Tyler Butler (Kohnhead) 59.693

Race: Proving Grounds 400, Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Newmanistan (Superspeedway)
Lap Record: 56.342 sec.

Qualifying Results:
EverLong Contenders Series
1 #19- Pyotr Lavrentiev (Saint Kanye) 56.847
2 #27- Maddie Alexander (Cassadaigua) 56.864
3 #20- Daryl Calhoun (Saint Kanye) 56.877
4 #47- Edmund Flanders (Hapilopper) 56.948
5 #98- Jixaka Motorai (Tropicorp) 56.993
6 #17- Chelsea Taylor (Cassadaigua) 57.079
7 #05- Chris Gordon (Sword Island) 57.087
8 #03- Maddison Riley-Jones (TJUN-ia) 57.131
9 #37- Cocoabo #37 (Tropicorp) 57.205
10 #49- Lotara Novorali (Vilita & Turori) 57.250
11 #0- Tadashi Mitsubishi (Filindostan) 57.266
12 #04- Lexie Shelby (Sword Island) 57.320
13 #5- Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 57.334
14 #41- Turakki Mayelli (Vilita & Turori) 57.364
15 #23- David Clarke (Sultanate of Oontaz) 57.473
16 #77- Al Shelton (Hapilopper) 57.759
17 #40- Agata Kosaryova (Sultanate of Oontaz) 57.831
18 #97- Robin Dragonovic (South Newlandia) 57.858
19 #4- Jessica Reagan (United Pink States) 57.992
20 #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) 58.333
21 #71- Barnabas Mate (Filindostan) 58.390
22 #16- Tucker Capps (Xanneria) 58.477
23 #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 58.478
24 #25- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) 58.758
25 #11- Martin Finney (United Pink States) 58.817
26 #15- Harrison Cooper (Appalachian Nation) 58.906
27 #10- Valkyrie Valentijn Samantha Constantine (Valentine Z) 59.180
28 #93- Tim Lateman (Kohnhead) 59.202
29 #75- Kiki Lambosa (Hispinas) 59.300
30 #70- Shigeru Tsuchie (Hispinas) 59.307
31 #1- Jupiter Cosmos (Space) 59.310
32 #32- Andrew Holden (Lisander) 59.328
33 #26- Mor Holstein (Lisander) 59.348
34 #39- Rustam Ilyich Yudin (Abanhfleft) 59.612
35 #22- Jason Carrigan (Hampton Island) 59.870

(Minimum Time To Avoid DNF= 59.400 sec)

EverLong Contenders Series
1 #47- Edmund Flanders (Hapilopper) 56.767 WINNER
2 #04- Lexie Shelby (Sword Island) 56.893
3 #17- Chelsea Taylor (Cassadaigua) 56.907
4 #03- Maddison Riley-Jones (TJUN-ia) 56.955 EVERLONG CONTENDERS SERIES CHAMPION!
5 #05- Chris Gordon (Sword Island) 56.996
6 #19- Pyotr Lavrentiev (Saint Kanye) 57.094
7 #20- Daryl Calhoun (Saint Kanye) 57.115
8 #71- Barnabas Mate (Filindostan) 57.163
9 #5- Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 57.168
10 #23- David Clarke (Sultanate of Oontaz) 57.232
11 #98- Jixaka Motorai (Tropicorp) 57.426
12 #0- Tadashi Mitsubishi (Filindostan) 57.463
13 #27- Maddie Alexander (Cassadaigua) 57.494
14 #41- Turakki Mayelli (Vilita & Turori) 57.511
15 #4- Jessica Reagan (United Pink States) 57.873
16 #37- Cocoabo #37 (Tropicorp) 57.879
17 #16- Tucker Capps (Xanneria) 57.975
18 #97- Robin Dragonovic (South Newlandia) 57.992
19 #32- Andrew Holden (Lisander) 57.998
20 #49- Lotara Novorali (Vilita & Turori) 58.146
21 #39- Rustam Ilyich Yudin (Abanhfleft) 58.205
22 #93- Tim Lateman (Kohnhead) 58.302
23 #22- Jason Carrigan (Hampton Island) 58.549
24 #11- Martin Finney (United Pink States) 58.591
25 #15- Harrison Cooper (Appalachian Nation) 58.771
26 #26- Mor Holstein (Lisander) 58.848
27 #25- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) 58.972
28 #10- Valkyrie Valentijn Samantha Constantine (Valentine Z) 59.173
29 #1- Jupiter Cosmos (Space) 59.215
30 #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 59.392
31 #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) 59.398
32 #77- Al Shelton (Hapilopper) 59.476 DNF
33 #70- Shigeru Tsuchie (Hispinas) 59.634 DNF
34 #75- Kiki Lambosa (Hispinas) 59.649 DNF
35 #40- Agata Kosaryova (Sultanate of Oontaz) 1:00.001 DNF

Final EverLong Contenders Series Points:
+-----+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------+
| Pos | EverLong Contenders Series | Points |
+-----+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------+
| 1 | #03- Maddison Riley-Jones (TJUN-ia)*** | 5032 | SERIES CHAMPION
| 2 | #20- Daryl Calhoun (Saint Kanye)**** | 5029 |
| 3 | #27- Maddie Alexander (Cassadaigua)** | 5023 |
| 4 | #39- Rustam Ilyich Yudin (Abanhfleft)** | 5015 |
| 5 | #47- Edmund Flanders (Hapilopper)*** | 4127 |
| 6 | #17- Chelsea Taylor (Cassadaigua) | 4124 |
| 7 | #10- Valkyrie Valentijn Samantha Constantine (Valentine Z)**** | 4092 |
| 8 | #05- Chris Gordon (Sword Island)** | 4078 |
| 9 | #19- Pyotr Lavrentiev (Saint Kanye)** | 3172 |
| 10 | #04- Lexie Shelby (Sword Island) | 3163 |
| 11 | #77- Al Shelton (Hapilopper)* | 3159 |
| 12 | #71- Barnabas Mate (Filindostan) | 3147 |
| 13 | #97- Robin Dragonovic (South Newlandia)* | 2221 |
| 14 | #49- Lotara Novorali (Vilita & Turori)* | 2207 |
| 15 | #93- Tim Lateman (Kohnhead) | 2154 |
| 16 | #16- Tucker Capps (Xanneria)* | 2147 |
| 17 | #98- Jixaka Motorai (Tropicorp) | 597 |
| 18 | #37- Cocoabo #37 (Tropicorp) | 569 |
| 19 | #41- Turakki Mayelli (Vilita & Turori) | 545 |
| 20 | #0- Tadashi Mitsubishi (Filindostan) | 461 |
| 21 | #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) | 435 |
| 22 | #5- Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) | 368 |
| 23 | #23- David Clarke (Sultanate of Oontaz) | 344 |
| 24 | #40- Agata Kosaryova (Sultanate of Oontaz) | 340 |
| 25 | #25- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) | 296 |
| 26 | #22- Jason Carrigan (Hampton Island) | 292 |
| 27 | #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) | 275 |
| 28 | #26- Mor Holstein (Lisander) | 272 |
| 29 | #32- Andrew Holden (Lisander) | 246 |
| 30 | #15- Harrison Cooper (Appalachian Nation) | 216 |
| 31 | #4- Jessica Reagan (United Pink States) | 194 |
| 32 | #11- Martin Finney (United Pink States) | 184 |
| 33 | #1- Jupiter Cosmos (Space) | 157 |
| 34 | #0- Mercy Binayas (Filindostan) | 137 |
| 35 | #70- Astigar Armendaritze (Hispinas) | 92 |
| 36 | #75- Kiki Lambosa (Hispinas) | 83 |
| 37 | #70- Shigeru Tsuchie (Hispinas) | 14 |
Last edited by Newmanistan on Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:25 pm

Image 强凯 - Kai Qiang - काय च्याङ
@QK98
- - @IsfruinJR

uhhh... ???? :blink:

#NSSCRA : #TMI

Image Tashi Zakhilwal
@DarkRoastTashi
- - @IsfruinJR

Qiang was talking about how race and class affect perceptions of respectability, and you replied by talking about your sex life. I'm at a loss for words.

#NSSCRA : #WTF

Image Tashi Zakhilwal
@DarkRoastTashi
- - @IsfruinJR

Like, do you think he's going to be jealous? He's married to Tsering Fucking Chu!

In the days before the NSSCRA season finale, chatter about "Valentiangate" continued to swirl around twii.tur and bar rooms. Someone who interviewed Qiang before a practice session at the Proving Grounds asked if he had any comment on Hap O'Loppa's retraction article.

Qiang shrugged. "If Hap O'Loppa got the story completely wrong the first time, then why should we believe him the second time? He's not a reliable source."

"So do you still think the Valentians are cheating?"

Qiang shrugged again. "Who knows? I'm not going to worry about it right now because I have other things I need to think about today."

The interviewer asked Qiang how he was feeling about the upcoming race.

"I've won at this track before, so anything is possible," said Qiang, "but I have to be on top of my game. You can't take anything for granted."

The interviewer asked Qiang if he had any special plans for his big payday from the Five Star Combo.

"Hmm... I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do with the money. I want to put some of it toward charitable causes, but I haven't decided exactly what I want to do."

Practice and qualifying went fine. In fact, Qiang would have the best starting position of any of the Championship Four -- but the real moment of truth would be tomorrow at the race.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:33 pm

ImageVYLET
@Vylet

ATTENTION, RACE FANS! Once again we'll be lowering internet bills for 180 lucky customers - 25% if @Jeremiah_B finishes 4th in points, 50% for 3rd, 75% for 2nd and 100% if he becomes the champ! Visit vylet.stk for more details.

Promoted by Vylet

#NSSCRA : #BrookeFTW : #SwitchToVylet

(Discount lasts for the entire offseason.)

Image JEREMIAH BROOKE
@Jeremiah_B

@Luna_Althea @QK98 @light_and_bright See you in Tundra Falls, guys! Hope our championship battle will be legendary!

#NSSCRA : #ChampionshipFour : #PG500

Image THEA ALVAREZ
@Luna_Althea

Congratulations to our very first Everlong Series champion, @MaddyRJ03! You go, girl!

#NSSCRA : #PG400 : #EverlongSeries : #GirlPower

Image DARYL CALHOUN
@iamdcalhoun

Second ain't bad.... hope the sponsors come knocking now

#NSSCRA : #EverlongSeries

(Calhoun's agent is in fact planning to speak with several companies regarding sponsorship for next season, including Warner Hall Pizza, Shellshock Batteries and Illustrious Coffee.)

Image SKIP STILLER
@SkipStill3r

Good luck on your final NSSCRA race @Frank_Bronson, maybe we can go hunting & fishing now that you're free?

Sent from my Pencurve Apex V

#NSSCRA : #PG500 : #BronsonsLastFlight

Image LENA EICHEL
@LenaH8sU

Wait... where's Mercy? Top Gear FID said she was gonna attempt the 500 but I never saw her qualify

#NSSCRA : #PG500

ImageMELVIN BRANIGAN 100
@melvin_tha_gr8

checkn my @VTRacer results like WHAT?? I made it 2 the the champ 4? Damn that's crazy lol

#NSpickem : #NSSCRA

ImageBLOOD MOON BEER
@BloodMoonBeer

Hey race fans, why not enjoy a refreshing can of Blood Moon while watching the Proving Grounds 500? Our limited edition Championship Four cans are in stores now, so you can root for your favorite driver while enjoying your favorite beer!

Promoted by Blood Moon Beer

#ThirstForBlood : #NSSCRA : #PG500 : #ChampionshipFour : #AlvarezArmy : #BrookeFTW : #StockCarStud : #InsertAyeFansHashtagHere

(Top is front, bottom is rear. A normal Blood Moon can is mostly black.)
Last edited by Saint Kanye on Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:22 am

I have big news,
By Stacie Houston, Driver, #27 Five Star Mobile Blaze

I wasn’t feeling well heading into Newmanistan. It had nothing to do with my race car, or that we have not won a race this year, but I just did not feel right. In my trailer, talking to my team and trying to help out Maddie Alexander (btw, congratulations to Maddison Riley-Jones on winning the EverLong title!) in her bid to be the better Maddie, as well as my own race, I couldn’t really keep my focus on it. My crew, who are so supportive, knew it wasn’t something to do with the race and told me to go to the infield care center. It made sense, after all, since it was right here at the Proving Grounds. I didn’t think it was going to be a huge deal.

After explaining what was going on to the doctors there, they were probably about to do something that they weren’t expecting to do while working in their role in the infield care center, but of course these are highly trained professionals who can understand what a patient is telling them. They felt that I could be pregnant, and right away, questions of my future began popping in my head. I was excited. Scared. All the normal things that go through a woman’s head in that decision were going through mine. Sure enough, what they suspected was true. I’m going to have a baby. Wow, I can’t believe this! After minutes, the thoughts of excitement went through my head about bringing in another life into this world. I don’t think the feeling of any race win could top what I was feeling now. I am 2-3 weeks along, according to the doctors.

I told Jeremiah immediately. What an amazing way for us to end the season. We’ll be out there in Tundra Falls, on the track, with him looking to win the title again and me hoping to win a race. Some people will say that I shouldn’t be going out there now. Driving a race car is too dangerous, and I talked to the doctors about this. They have cleared me to race tomorrow. But us for next season? Well, we’ll worry about that next season.

I didn’t expect to feel on top of the world in Tundra Falls after I was eliminated, but right now, I do.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:52 am

Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Tundra Falls, Newmanistan
Shortly before the start of the Proving Grounds 500

Carl Tanner: Alright folks, it's a great day for racing here at the Tundra Falls Proving Grounds in Newmanistan. I'm Carl Tanner, here with my partner Shaun Pitt, bringing you the live coverage of the season finale of the Nationstates Stock Car Racing Association's tenth season.
Shaun Pitt: It's the Proving Grounds 500 on SKYNET Sports 12.
CT: Four drivers, one champion. Will Jeremiah Brooke, season nine champ, go back to back? Or is it season eight titleholder Kai Qiang who'll claim his second?
SP: Or will someone grab her first? Thea Alvarez or Anastasia Aye?
CT: Those questions will be answered after a few hours and a hundred and forty-three laps around the Proving Grounds.
SP: Hence the name of the race.
CT: But first, let's look at the starting grid with our special guest analyst.
SP: Give it up for Philip West!

[recorded applause, plus the sound of the two actually clapping]

Philip West: Thank you guys, pleasure to be here as always.
CT: So, this season has been a very eventful one for the drivers, staff and even the fans, but as you all know, all good things come to an end.
SP: Yeah, and this is it right here, the grand finale. I'm sure it will be an exciting one, a perfect way to cap the season off, with a bang.
PW: Okay, let's start. First the DNQs.

[graphic is shown on screen]

DID NOT QUALIFY

#1 Vanda R.C. Kerman (JEB)
#6 Alex Knight (HPI)
#9 Licio Granado (LIS)
#23 James McCurty (HPI)
#47 Anthony Barnes (NWK)
#51 Tex Crazy (KGS)
#52 Lee Shera (KGS)
#77 Depp Jones (KGS)
#84 Claude Dzibaiyev (TWI)
#87 Layla Diamantriov (TWI)
#88 Jixaka Motorai (TRP)
#90 Dexter Warner (KHD)
#92 Thomas Delgado (NWK)
#97 Darnell Curry (NWK)

PW: Many of our usual suspects in this list. The Kalactinians and Twicetagrians, both teams showing promise early in the season, but declined as it went on.
SP: Motorai failing to make her second attempt this season after replacing Anavella Ariiki.
CT: And poor Alex Knight. Season seven's Rookie of the Year, one Pencurve win, Chase appearance. Could have even returned, finishing second ib Starksville, but he dropped further and further down the standings, losing his charter.
SP: He loves his country too much to consider finding another ride, though.
PW: Shame, because I for one would really love to see him in better equipment.
CT: James McCurty too, used to be among the best non-charters. But anyway. moving on....

ROW 1
I: #7 Clarissa Samantha (VEZ)
O: #31 Gwen Oxton (VEZ)

PW: The Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Award goes to our regular season champion, Clarissa Samantha. "Big Blue" narrowly missed the Championship Four, being narrowly beaten by the "Stock Car Stud" himself, Kai Qiang, last week in the Five Star Mobile 500 in Cassadaigua.
CT: You could argue that it's Qiang's turn to win the second from last race of the season, though. Remember he got edged last season by Liangmei Li, which caused him to miss out on the Champ Four and her to make it instead.
PW: Samantha will start alongside Gwen Oxton in that distinctive green and blue 31, making it an all-Valentian front row.
SP: Hey, do your nephews and nieces still love using her car in the game?
CT: Yeah. "I'll be Tracer", "I'm already Tracer". Never gets old.
SP: So anyway, Oxton is one of many winless drivers with a good chance of snapping their streak just before the season ends.
CT: We'll see about that, someone playing spoiler to our four championship contenders, gotta be interesting to watch.
PW: Alright, next row.

ROW 2
I: #79 Dinggu Wang (AFT)
O: #06 Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (SHW)

PW: And after the two Vals, two Sherpalanders. Except Wang is now driving for the Fleftics. Or is it the Pridnestrovians?
CT: Yeah, after none of UrGa's three drivers last season decided to return, they had to find some replacements. Wang here had a win and a Chase berth, but he'd have neither this season.
SP: Weren't the UrGa people planning to make him the oldest NSSCRA champion?
PW: There's always next season, and hey, he'll be even older then.
CT: Rumor is that Gil Archer will return then though, so what will that mean for Wang? Who'll be given the boot then?
SP: Who knows? And to his outside, Mr. Mayhem himself, Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal.
PW: Hey, have you guys seen his new commercial?
SP: Yeah, yeah, he actually speaks in that one, right?
PW: Nope, still dubbed.
CT: Really? Well it sounded more like him than the last guy.
PW: I know, right? But enough about his product endorsements, Rinzi actually faced elimination twice in the Chase, in the Round of Sixteen, then Twelve, but won both times to make it to the Round of Eight.
SP: Unfortunately, he would be unable to do it a third time, getting booted in that round. Okay, let's move on.

ROW 3
I: #73 Taylor Henderson (HAP)
O: #44 Kai Qiang (SHW) (Championship Four)

SP: So we've got Henderson inside, and Qiang on the inside, the highest starting position among the Championship Four.
CT: The fierce Hapiloppian is another one of those trying to get their first win of the season on the last race.
PW: Hendo essentially just pointsed her way into the playoffs, surprisingly lasting until the Round of Twelve. Unfortunately, without wins to break the tie with Jeremiah Brooke, she'd get eliminated.
SP: Now Qiang would be the first driver to win three of five Five Star Combo races, winning the season opener also at this very track, then the Pencurve, and finally the race in Cassadaigua last week.
CT: He's certainly got the momentum, but will it be enough?

ROW 4
I: #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (VNT)
O: #81 Drake Stevenson (HAP)

CT: Vilita & Turori Motorsports took all three of their drivers to the Chase, but none would make it as far as the finale. YG here got the closest, being eliminated in the Round of Eight, making a strong case as to why he is the team's number one driver.
SP: Yeah, there's an ongoing debate - is it him or the Shark.
CT: The Shark has a title though.
PW: Damn, these people really be sleeping on the Lumberjack though.
CT: Tiones? Who knows, maybe he'll have his moment in the future. Maybe VTM has no clear top driver.
PW: Which is scary. But hey, this is the most well-funded team we're talking about. Now let's talk about Drake. Guy's been doing well late in the season, even picking up a win at home.
SP: Yeah, if he got into that form quicker and earlier, he could have been in the Chase.
CT: Ah... what could have been. Hey, Hendo's just in front of him. I could see these two helping each other out early.
PW: Next!

ROW 5
I: #27 Stacie Houston (CDG)
O: Cocoabo #28 (TRP)

PW: In the fifth row we have a couple of hauler neighbors, Houston in that black and pink 27 car, and one of Team Tropicorp's avian drivers.
CT: Never thought I'd say "Stacie Houston" and "winless" in the same sentence, but here it is. Stacie Houston is winless heading into the final race of the season.
SP: Decent outing for the female half of "Stacemiah" all season long, but still, this is the first time in her career that she's out of the Championship Four.
CT: And yet, she said online that there is still something for her to be happy about.
SP: Oh, yes, of course. Tell the world, Phil.
PW: Okay. Guys, gals, and nonbinary pals, Stacie Houston is pregnant, and has been for a few weeks now.
SP: And who's the father?
PW: Max Gannon.
SP: WHAT?!
PW: Nah, I'm just kidding, it's Brooke of course.
CT: Mama Houston was cleared to race though, so still, you gotta look for her to be a threat as she tries to not end this season without a single trip to victory lane.
SP: As for the bird, it was unable to return to the Chase after winning once and making it last season.
PW: Yep, definitely add these two to the list of potential spoilers for this race.

ROW 6
I: #11 Jenna Logan (CDG)
O: #60 Ricky Lee (NCR)

SP: Looks like Stacie could also be getting a little help at the start here, with one of her teammates just a row behind her.
PW: Logan was a surprise early this season, making the points lead for a few weeks and earning Team Cassadaigua's lone win so far in Kohnhead.
CT: But you know who else is a surprise? The guy beside her in that black and bright.blue 60, Ricky Lee.
PW: The Yeezie with the best qualifying time in this race is the one driving for another team, would you look at that.
CT: After a bunch of DNQs, he would finally make his debut at the TJUN 600, finishing twentieth for Beiyang's first ever top twenty. Lee then qualified for a bunch more races, earning a charter for his team, then go on to surpass his career best by finishing twelfth in Kardashia.
SP: Word around the garage is that he'll be back for Beiyang next season. Let's see how it turns out, that team is growing.

ROW 7
I: #5 Liangmei Li (NEW)
O: #66 Hengxing Tian (NCR)

PW: On the inside of the seventh row, we have Li in the light blue #5 Rocket Motorsports machine. She was one of the Championship Four last season, but what a drop for her performance-wise after switching teams. She's not even in the playoffs this time around.
SP: There's a number of possible factors. She could just need time to adjust to life in Newmanistan, or familiarize herself with the equipment.
CT: Or maybe she's homesick, who knows?
SP: Well, her rivalry with Qiang could have been fuelling her.
PW: And beside Li, Tian from neighboring North China.
SP: If he and Lee work together, we could very well see a Beiyang upset win.
PW: Yeah, would be quite the way to end this season.

ROW 8
I: Cocoabo #78 (TRP)
O: #0 Hana Bhe (FID)

PW: Row number eight now, Team Tropicorp's other Cocoabo alongside Hana Bhe in the single nil car.
CT: No "ca-caws" for this season, as both #28 and #78 have been rather silent performance-wise, and as for Bhe, with unchartered teammate Fiona Sunarya getting the glory by winning and making the Chase, word on the street is that she, Bhe that is, will not be retained by BA Tim.
PW: Fiona and Hana are the best of friends, almost inseparable, when away from the track though. Wonder what the implications of this news will be. Next row, please.

ROW 9
I: #43 Tsering Chu (SHW)
O: #70 Gongming Gao (NCR)

SP: Hey, another Sherpa and North Chinese pairing.
PW: Chu didn't have the return she was hoping for after skipping the ninth season. No Chase seat, but she did have a win in Hampton Island which came after the Chase field was set.
SP: Like Drake a few rows ahead, we could say that she was a late bloomer. Look for her to try to advance, catch up to, and help her husband Qiang.
CT: Gao's the first of six unchartered drivers getting into the grid on speed. Like Lee, he's been rather impressive lately, and it's entirely possible that he would be retained, too. Next!

ROW 10
I: #14 River Suzgar (VNT)
O: #05 Michael Rush (SWI)

PW: Completing our top twenty starters, we have the veteran Suzgar, otherwise known as the Shark, side by side with the rookie Rush.
CT: Last season's runner up, Suzgar got bounced in the Round of Twelve for the first time in his career. He finished second in Xanneria to start the round, but twenty-third and thirtieth place finishes in the next two races caused him to tumble down the standings.
PW: As for Rush, well, he finished a career best sixth two weeks ago in Abanhfleft, and he'll be looking to surpass that today.
SP: Moving on...

ROW 11
I: #55 Holly Starlight (GSM)
O: #76 Jolyn Caulfield (GSM)

PW: We've got teammates in the eleventh row, the blue 55 of Holly Starlight on the inside and the gray 76 of ex-WGP2 driver Jolyn Caulfield on the outside.
SP: The Gardeners have a technical alliance with the Valentians, but it didn't look it for the first few weeks. But then they got the hang of things and started getting better.

ROW 12
I: #64 Alfonso Mercado (TJU)
O: #2 Centur Tiones (VNT)

PW: Our second unchartered entry is Alfonso Mercado, the Jag, in that blue 64, side by side with the Lumberjack, Centur Tiones in the deuce.
CT: Mercado's been rather good at qualifying for races. Not always, but more often than not. Expect his team, Jaguar Racing, to work on getting him a charter next season.
SP: As for Tiones, he's a former Chase spoiler turned Chaser himself. If he keeps picking up a win per season, I don't see why VTM won't keep on re-signing him.
PW: And with that, we're past the top half of our participants. Next!

ROW 13
I: #46 Thea Alvarez (STK) (Championship Four)
O: #80 Ganglie Zhe (AFT)

SP: After Qiang we have to go down ten rows to find our next championship contender, Yeezie Thea Alvarez in that silver and rainbow 46. Qualifying really wasn't GFR's day, but hey, they've proven time and time again that they're good at making up positions.
PW: Back in the Championship Four after missing it last season on a first round exit, Thea has never finished better than third in points. But that could change here, perhaps with a little bit of "Yeezie magic".
CT: Moving on to Zhe, he used to be the spotter for Leonidas Baxter in his one NSSCRA season, but ended up taking the cager's seat after he left the series.
PW: Also filled in for Gil Archer during his one-race suspension.
CT: His plans for next season are unclear though, but then again, so are all of UrGa's.
PW: Yeah, three seats for what could be five people. We still don't know who the odd men out will be, but I guess we'll just have to wait until the offseason.

ROW 14
I: #00 Fiona Sunarya (FID)
O: #15 Anastasia Aye (VEZ) (Championship Four)

CT: Fourteenth row, our Rookie of the Year Sunarya in the double nil, and the third of our contenders Aye in the yellow and blue 15.
PW: Sunarya shocked the world when she won the TJUN 600 despite having failed to qualify for several races in the past. Then she was the only rookie to gain a playoff spot, and bam, instant ROTY.
SP: If we're talking shocking, Aye did that too. One win became two, then three, four, five. That came with a price though. At first people were impressed, but then they started to have their doubts on how legit those wins were.
PW: Hence the "Valentiangate" issue. Those people went from "Wow, amazing!" to "Another win? She must be cheating! All those Valentians must be cheating!" But no clear evidence ever came out of the NSSCRA officials' investigations, is there?
SP: Don't think so.
CT: Nope.
PW: Well, okay. Guess we're done with this row. On to the next...

ROW 15
I: #07 Michael Stefan (TJU)
O: #8 Frank Bronson (HAP)

PW: Michael Stefan, one of the first two openly gay NSSCRA drivers alongside his boyfriend Mercado three rows ahead.
SP: Used to drive #00, but that number was acquired by BA Tim for Sunarya, hence why Stefan uses the #07 now.
CT: He was the other driver who figured in a three-way tie in points with Brooke and Hendo, but he lost out, only having one win.
PW: Still, a valiant effort for the Jag in his first Chase appearance. Bronson, meanwhile, will be competing in his last NSSCRA race before retiring, Chris Holmes taking his place in the 8 next season.
CT: SKYNET wishes Bronson all the best in his future endeavors.
SP: Same with Holmes in his much awaited return.
PW: Yes. Okay, next row please.

ROW 16
I: #35 Kassie Collins (SWI)
O: #4 Bryan Harrison (CDG)

SP: Here we have the second Sword Islander and third non-charter in the field, Collins, alongside the ex-Rocket Motorsports driver Harrison.
CT: Rumor has it that Harrison could be replaced after just one season. Maddie Alexander of the Everlong series being one of the names being floated around.
CT: Well if we're talking Team Cass-related rumors, how about the one where Houston could be switching to 17, just so she's beside Brooke in the 18?
PW: But if there's a baby coming, maybe it won't go through until season twelve. Still, that could be interesting.
SP: It's still just a rumor though. No basis, just words being passed around.
PW: But the baby, the baby is real.

ROW 17
I: #59 Ashley Matthews (NEW)
O: #30 Lexi Patterson (JEB)

PW: Rocket uses the open charter for Ashley Matthews, here alongside the Jebslunden team's Hampton Islander driver Patterson.
CT: Patterson almost taking her team back to the Chase. She was second in Nuuk, beaten only by YG.
PW: The Jebslunders better step up next season if they want to survive. Competition's heating up, you know.
SP: Yeah. Alrighty then....

ROW 18
I: #40 Shigeru Ishikawa (SQR)
O: #3 Sage Caldwell (STK)

PW: The only Squidroidian in the field, Ishikawa's in that black 40 alongside our second Yeezie, The Dreaded One, Caldwell in the red and black 3.
SP: Ishikawa one of the early ROTY contenders, but fell off the metaphorical cliff performance-wise. As for Sage, he replaced the retired Skip Stiller this season, came close to making the Chase by finishing second in O-Town, but ultimately missed. Right now he's just racing for pride, hoping for his first career W.
PW: His seat seems to be safe though, unlike hauler neighbor Harrison, who as you all remember, was also a replacement for a retired driver. Meghan Sharpe, that is.
CT: Okay, just five rows and ten drivers to go now.

ROW 19
I: #22 Matthew Conrad (HPI)
O: #01 Hossem Nasri (AFT)

CT: Two more unchartered guys in this row, we're up to five now.
PW: Conrad replaced Kevin Cosgrove in the black and yellow double deuce this season, but the lack of a charter hurt him. A lot. Only made a handful of races.
SP: And Nasri in that green 01, bringing a lot of funding to UrGa, but would that be enough for him to keep his seat next season?

ROW 20
I: #21 Tyler Linde (NNW)
O: #18 Jeremiah Brooke (STK) (Championship Four)

PW: Linde got a charter this season, but hasn't done anything of note. He runs much better in IRACT, though.
SP: And Brooke, the brand new father, completes the Championship Four cast in that red, white and blue 18. He took the pole, the win, and the title last season, but now he's gonna have some work to do if he hopes to repeat.
PW: Knowing this guy, he'll be up for the challenge. He's no stranger to this situation, having even gone from starting last to top ten finishes before.
SP: Good thing teammate Sage is two rows ahead, and we've seen Linde be more than happy to help out a fellow Chad driver.
CT: Let's proceed.

ROW 21
I: #48 Rockii Ezis (NEW)
O: #54 Scott Hawking (WRE)

CT: Our last non-charter is Rockii Ezis of the home team, the former VTM development driver.
PW: According to Top Gear Filindostan he could be making the leap to BA Tim.
CT: If the rumors of Bhe being out of the team is true, looks like the 0 will be the place for him.
PW: Now Hawking. Things looked good for him at the start of the season, partnering with former Team Blue member Chet Byrd and having two drivers on their team, Chris Holmes being the other one.
SP: But then he underperformed. A crash here, a fortieth place there. Holmes DNQed every attempt as part of Hawking-Byrd, and was eventually let go.
CT: So much for seeing epic battles between his old 81, now with Drake Stevenson, and his new 56.
PW: And just last week, Warner Hall Pizza ended their sponsorship. Wouldn't even be the first company to bail on them, Apocalypse Pest Control also left a season ago.
SP: Could this be the end for this team?
PW: Not unless they get some really good deals on equipment and sponsorship. Let's move along, just four cars remaining now.

ROW 22
I: #13 Eva Kerman (JEB)
O: #10 Eddie Walters Jr. (XAN)

PW: We're now at the second from last row. Inside, it's Eva Kerman in the lucky thirteen.
SP: Like her teammate Patterson, Eva was also one place away from being in the Chase, finishing behind Aye in Squidroidia.
CT: And inside, Eddie Walters Jr. in the ten. Many people are saying KRD Team Iona's charter should have gone to Roman Gwinnett, but they stuck to this guy.
CT: No Chase appearances for either, but at least Gwinnett found victory lane.
PW: He could be a good free agent signing, who knows.
CT: Who?
PW: I meant Gwinnett. He deserves better. Next!

ROW 23
I: #57 Gordon Orton (APY)
O: #91 Tyler Butler (KHD)

PW: Finally, we have Orton formerly of KRD Team Iona, and our second Tyler in the field.
CT: Mr. Butler with a nineteen-point edge on Mr. Linde in the battle of the Tylers.
SP: How many points does Abbott have?
CT: Twenty-one, but then again, he's part-time.
SP: He and Linde could combine points then.
CT: Yeah. Well, that's all of the participants in the Proving Grounds 500.
PW: We'll be back shortly with the starting command, so don't go away.
Last edited by Saint Kanye on Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:14 pm

The news that Stacie Houston was pregnant spread quickly around the Proving Grounds and several people took to twii.tur or stopped by her hauler to say congratulations. Qiang and Tsering suggested that when the baby came, the kid could play together with their daughters.

But for Rinzi Zakhilwal, it reminded him that he and Tashi still didn't have any kids. Their parents sometimes asked them when they were going to have some kids, but Tashi wasn't in a hurry. She was already past the peak of her modeling career, doing gigs where people wanted glamourous sophistication more than raw beauty, but it was still easier to get modeling work if you weren't pregnant. AutoModi would probably stick around, but it would be hard to line up one-off gigs between races.

Rinzi wanted to have kids, but he didn't want to rush Tashi. A lot of things in his life had been slowing in coming, but eventually they worked out, so he thought maybe this would be the same. Even so, all the chatter about Stacie left him feeling a little impatient.

The morning before the Proving Grounds 500, Rinzi had finished his morning prayers and went to breakfast with Tashi. They talked about a lot of things -- "Valentiangate," how Rinzi's season had gone, what was going on with AutoModi's SIMS team, what they thought of the crepes they were having, and of course the big news from Stacemiah. "So when are we going to have kids?" Rinzi asked.

"Not today," said Tashi. "Don't you have a race to worry about?"

"Yes, but I do want to have kids," said Rinzi.

"We'll have kids when we're ready," said Tashi. "But it is not going to happen today."

"I was just thinking about it because, you know..."

"Yes, I know. Everyone has heard the news, Rinzi."

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Finale I: The First Champion Crowned

Postby TJUN-ia » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:52 pm

ImageImageImage

This blog was written by Derrick Carlisle, Jaguar Racing's Social Media Manager

And so...here we were, back at that familiar place we all knew very well - The Tundra Falls Proving Grounds of Newmanistan. Seasons begin and end here at this track, a track known across the racing world as one of the most important in the sport. This season of 26 races began here months ago when things around here were certainly different - JR had two drivers together in a way not many understood and a rookie looking to kick off her racing career in the best way she could. Now, after all this time, we are back to both decide our champions for the season and to reflect on where we have come over the course of this wild ride. The Proving Grounds 500 will be the main event tomorrow as the Main Series champion is crowned, but today would also be important, with the Proving Grounds 400 deciding the first Contenders champion ever contested. No matter what you watched, today was going to be important.

Let's begin with qualifying for the main event and, of course, with the non-charter of Alfonso Mercado (@AM64). His main goal for the entire season was to just try and gun for as many points as possible while trying to claim a charter spot of his own once again. The 2nd part didn't go to plan at all but besides that, I think that he can be happy overall with how this season has gone and especially off the track. He will start this final race from 23rd tomorrow, just behind Gongming Gao (18th) in the non-charters today. Kassie Collins (31st), Matthew Conrad (37th), Hossem Nasri (38th) and Rockii Ezis (41st) will also start this final race with open charter Ashley Matthews starting her 2nd race from 33rd.

As for Michael Stefan (@Stefan07), his position heading into this season was a simple one: designated Chase-challenger. After just missing out on the Top 16 in his debut season, his main goal was to just right that wrong and make the big title hunt in the end, which he certainly did after victory in Tropicoast. After that, he made it all the way to the Top 12 before being knocked out on countback, an epic run for a driver many see as a potential contender to be back in the Chase next season. For now, he will start his final race of the season from 29th spot. Clarissa Alanis Star Samantha will start the final race from the pole, ahead of both her teammate in Gwen Tracer Allison Oxton and Dinggu Wang. The four contenders for the crown will start from varying positions: Kai Qiang in 6th, Thea Alvarez in 25th, Anastasia Freya Yadana Aye in 28th and Jeremiah Brooke, both the defending champion and now a future father (congrats, by the way!), down in 40th.

Now then, onto the Contenders finale where, for the first time in history, a TJUN-ian driver was fighting it out for a motorsports crown. Her name was Maddison Riley-Jones (@MaddyRJ03) and in her debut season in NSSCRA action, she has certainly been through a lot. She won the first race of the season, right here in Tundra Falls, before costing her way into the Chase, many still wondering if she had what it took to compete with the best of them in this environment. She would certainly shut those down with 2 wins during Chase action, qualifying for the Final 4 as the top dog overall.

Heading into this race, she was going to need all of her strengths to try and somehow claim JR's first-ever NSSCRA title and she would have to do that from 8th at the flag, with Pyotr Lavrentiev starting from pole ahead of two other Chasers in Maddie Alexander and Daryl Calhoun. Rustam Ilyich Yudin, the 4th man in this battle, would be staring from 34th out of 35 while Robin Dragonovic started from 18th. This historic race would see 4 retirements, including former Chaser Al Shelton, and a title fight decided outside of the podium. Rustam would be nowhere in 21st and Maddie Alexander would falter back to 13th, meaning it would be down to Maddy and Calhoun for the crown in the final few laps. Edmund Flanders would take this race over Lexie Shelby and Chelsea Taylor but the main attention would be on car #03 as she would cross the line in 4th, Calhoun in 6th, meaning that she had somehow done it. TJUN-ia had a motorsports champion for the first time and her name was Maddison Riley-Jones. Take it away, JBBST!
Flanders will win this race, and what a drive is has been by the #47 today, but that will not be the main story coming up across these next few moments. Flanders wins the Proving Grounds 400, but we switch back to car 03! She has been through a lot in her career, both good and bad, but I DON'T THINK EVEN SHE WOULD BELIEVE WHAT HAS HAPPENED HERE TONIGHT! MADDISON RILEY-JONES CROSSES THE LINE IN 4TH TO CLAIM THE FIRST EVER NSSCRA TIER 2 CROWN EVER! CONTENDERS BELONGS TO TJUN-IA AND TO JAGUAR RACING!

Somehow, someway, Maddy had taken the crown. You'd better believe she was in shock after that one and she was certainly in tears as well. Don't believe me? Just check out her team radio:
CC: Flanders has won this race. Shelby P2, Taylor P3. Calhoun is 6th. CHEQUERED FLAG, AND WELL FUCKING DONE! YOU ARE CHAMPION OF THE CONTENDERS!
MRJ: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! WHAT THE FUCK! AAAAAAAAAAAAH! AAAAAAAH! AAAAAAAAH! NO WAY....no way....no..no..no..no...I...I don't believe it....Thank you so much...Thank you all so much...

And so, NSSCRA has a new queen on the block, someone who will automatically go into the TJUN-ian Hall of Fame. But who will be next to claim a crown? The main event is tomorrow and trust me, you don't want to miss it at all...

Current Standings: (T1) #07 - 10th (3177CPts/1W)/#64 - 29th (466pts)/(T2) #03 - CHAMPION (5032CPts/3W/13T1Pts (67th))
Next T1 Race: Proving Grounds 500, Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Newmanistan (Chase Finale)
Next T2 Race: Proving Grounds 400, Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Newmanistan (Chase Finale)
(Updated on Sundays to avoid confusion)

Image HARPA GYLFISDÓTTIR
@IsfruinJR
- - @DarkRoastTashi

Sorry for the confusion. I thought Qiang was on about how DCar was being favourable to the Valentinians because of their looks, not their race or status. It's always hard to read into what people are saying online and I'm sorry things came out wrong.

We're not saying the Vals are in the right because of their looks, oh no-no. We're saying they're in the good because they are some of the most innocent and cheerful drivers on the grid - no debate. How could people like that cheat?

#NSSCRA : #JaguarRacing

Image HARPA GYLFISDÓTTIR
@IsfruinJR
- - @DarkRoastTashi

But what do you mean about sex? Last time I checked, I haven't done anything like that ever.

#NSSCRA : #JaguarRacing

Image HARPA GYLFISDÓTTIR
@IsfruinJR

Grats to both @Jeremiah_B and @StacieHouston27 for the exciting news. The dynasty is being created in front of my very eyes! :hug:

#NSSCRA
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:14 pm

The day after the race weekend in Cassadaigua, four of the five GFR drivers flew to Newmanistan for the last race of the NSSCRA season. Jeremiah Brooke did not join them immediately though, as he had to take a detour to Vilita for another season finale - that of iROS. Once there, he was pleased to hear that some of the open-wheel drivers that he was competing against were watching the events of the NSSCRA season, and have wished him (and Kai Qiang) all the best in the championship race. "Thanks for the support, guys," Brooke told the open-wheelers during a break in practice. Asked if he's observing the start of the new WGP2 season, he said "Definitely. I regularly check online for news on the tests and the signings. Gotta admit though, I did get confused by that TMW team at first. Bet Qiang did too, did you, Qiang?"

Brooke qualified eighth, which in NSSCRA was well up front but in the sixteen-car iROS field meant midpack. Despite having won once at the track they were racing at, the Vilitan Mountain Challenge Course, he decided to just take it easy this time. He was well far from the points lead anyway, and he wants to save his efforts for Sunday's Proving Grounds 500. In the end, a fourth place finish put Brooke at ninth in the final point standings, two below both girlfriend Stacie Houston and the combined forces of local guest drivers, and ten behind both Abdoulaye Goita, his friend and one-time teammate, and series founder iBen Toralmintii (the champ, based on tiebreakers).

"That really was fun. I can't wait for the next edition," Brooke told his teammates at their garage area once he was finally in Newmanistan. "Hey, have you heard that Jalton has put in a bid to be included in iROS?" The Jalton Superspeedway in St. Kanye is home to the NSSCRA's regular season finale, the Pencurve Electronics 500. Track management figured that if the Tundra Falls Proving Grounds and the Vilitan Mountain Challenge Course, two other venues of "crown jewel" races, are also in iROS, why not them as well?

"For real?" reacted Sage Caldwell. "Man, if that's the case, then I suppose I should put in a bid to be the hometown driver for that round."

"Yeah, that way there'll be all three of us in the race," said Thea Alvarez. "I'm Champ Four too, I could get invited." Then she added, "Oh, right, J, that reminds me - about this Champ Four thing, wanna make a friendly bet?"

"Sure, I love friendly bets." Recently, he and TJUN-ian driver Michael Stefan bet on the results of the World Bowl quarterfinal. St. Kanye beat TJUN-ia 41-7, so Stefan had to spend a week wearing nothing but Surge jerseys and Jeremiah Brooke shirts.

"Okay then." Alvarez had a mischievous grin on her face. "If I finish higher than you, you gotta show up to the closing ceremonies with your hair dyed pink." That was one bet that Brooke lost, four seasons ago, after both his teammates got wins before he did.

"Deal. But if I finish higher, your new SUV is mine all offseason." The SUV in question, a seafoam green Chadwick Honcho, was part of Alvarez's winnings after finishing first in the Kardashia Chadwick Dealers 400.

"Hey, not fair. I haven't even driven it yet."

"Okay then, two months."

"One week."

"One month."

"Two weeks."

"Let's meet in the middle, three weeks."

"Deal."

"Wanna hit the sims?"

"Sure. Sage?"

"Count me in."

"Alright, another pole! Yeah, baby!" Pyotr Lavrentiev said at the end of the qualifying sessions for the Everlong Series' Proving Grounds 400.

"And I'm third. Yeah, we gotta stay up front for the whole thing, because if not I'm gonna be very disappointed in you," joked Daryl Calhoun. He was GFR's one remaining hope for a title in the second tier, unlike in the main series where both Alvarez and Brooke are still in the running.

"Don't worry, I'll do what I can."

"For Ceroat?"

"Yeah, of course. What about you, Daryl? For coffee?"

"Daryl does love coffee. And coffee loves him back." This was a reference to two of the four races he won which were both sponsored by a coffee brand, the Sharpe's 300 and the Illustrious Coffee 400.

The next day, it was Alvarez, Caldwell and Brooke's turn to qualify. Unlike their second tier counterparts, they would find themselves deep in the field, starting twenty-fifth, thirty-sixth and fortieth, respectively.

"Ugh. Come on, spirits, you gotta help me out of this mess," Alvarez said, referring to the entities that were said to inhabit the Proving Grounds premises.

"It sucks, but I'll accept it," spoke Brooke. "A good racer gets things done no matter where he - or she (as he looked over to Alvarez) - starts."

"Hey, Brookie, can we talk?" came the voice of Houston as the Yeezies passed her doing her usual stroll around the track.

"Sure thing, Stacie-boo. Meet you back at the garage, guys." He paused as Alvarez and Caldwell resumed walking. "Okay, what is it?"

"Listen..." Houston had a rather lengthy conversation with Brooke, who almost immediately ran to the GFR garage afterwards. Once he got there, Alvarez couldn't help but notice her teammate's facial expression.

"What's with the grin?"

"Oh, uh, you know..."

"We don't know, that's why I'm asking, okay? You don't mind telling us, right?"

"No....?"

"Alright, so what is it that you..."

"WE'RE HAVING A BABY!"

The Everlong boys' plan to work together did bear results in the 400, as both Lav and Calhoun found themselves leading some laps at the start. But a caution on lap 38 of 115 shuffled the field, sending the two down to the high tens to low twenties, with the other three Championship Four drivers ahead of them. They would eventually find each other and try to climb back up, but in the end, Lav would only finish sixth and Calhoun seventh. Maddison Riley-Jones of TJUN-ia was fourth, giving her the title by a mere three points.

Calhoun was understandably a little disappointed, but good sport that he is, he went over to Riley-Jones after the race. "Hey, Maddy. Congrats on the title. But you better be ready, because I'm gonna get you next season." Later, Calhoun's agent gave him a call saying that he could still use his second place finish and four wins in the season to help land him some sponsorship deals. "Yes, please do so. Meanwhile, I'll try to see if the folks over at Twii.tur would finally verify me."
Last edited by Saint Kanye on Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:49 pm

The Valentians – 1st Tier: Proving Grounds 500, Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Newmanistan (Superspeedway); 2nd Tier: Proving Grounds 400, Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Newmanistan (Superspeedway)

She looked at the scoreboard in disbelief, staring at it for a few minutes longer than she usually would. The other officials and drivers showed a little bit of concern, but they have been busy with their own business here and there that they didn't really care much for Valentijn and her disappointed face. How could it have happened, and so badly, she thought to herself. She was doing extremely well from early-to-mid season, topping out the leaderboards and even earning herself 4 wins. Alas, here she is - 27th Qualifications, 28th Race. "Well, we did what we could," she thought and remarked softly to herself, a little disappointed. However, as with many of the Valentians, her disappointment and sadness was temporary. For one, she was happy that she got 4 wins under her name, the only other person to share the same number of wins being Daryl Calhoun. Additionally, even if Valentiangate ("How creative," she sarcastically quipped) was a sour turn for her, she was relieved to see that not everyone was going after her and her team. Or more importantly, her nation.

After a few minutes in the bathroom, Valentijn refreshed herself and walked towards Maddison Riley-Jones, who was covered by a barrage of reporters, journalists, fans, and just about everyone. She seemed small in the sea of people, but the championship status standing her out in the said ocean like a lighthouse. She walked and made her way slowly towards Maddison, offering to shake her hand and perhaps a shoulder pat to congratulate her. "Well done, Ms. Maddison! And more importantly, I would like to thank you for the wonderful race and friendly competition we have had over the months. They were fantastic, I will say!" Valentijn finished it off with a small wink and a genuine smile, a weight off of her shoulder. She was not going to sulk around for her results. No, she already did an impact of herself and all it would take now is to support her teams. Besides, better to be the half-full kind of person and live and let live instead of sulking over the fact that she has been flopping. If she flopped throughout, that would have made sense. However, Valentijn got 4 wins to show, so that was okay.

In the meantime, the Valentians have been working hard and intensively on their simulations, as well as taking as much practice time as they could. "So good to be back here, huh," Gwen remarked, "The start of NSSCRA, the end of NSSCRA! Seems like a tradition for the good half of the sports."

Anastasia and Clarissa nodded in unison, with Clarissa holding a can of Blood Moon Beer. Clarissa is a robot, so the rules of getting intoxicated would not apply to her. Still, she figured she would rather not take chances with the inspections and others around. Still, it was not as if she was going to drink it. She showed the unopened drink to Anastasia, who took one look at it and smiled to herself.

"Haha, oooh! Well, I guess I made it quite big in this race business, huh? I heard of these things going around on twii, but I only saw one in person now."

"Not too bad, good taste!" Valentijn commented, having been downed a can since she has nothing else to drive for the rest of the season. Thankfully, for her size and all, Valentijn did not get violently drunk. She would simply go into a mellow state and lie down quietly and passively. And she did just that, going back to her old body, drinking a barrel of beer and a barrel of wine, patted Clarissa on the shoulder, then lied down on her oversized bed. "Ahh, well, that hits the spot, hehe."

The qualifications came and went. 1st for Clarissa, 2nd for Gwen - it would seem like the Valentians were going to be racing together once again on the front lines - pole position, and one after that. "That was awesome!" Clarissa exclaimed, giving a high-five to Gwen, "Hey, maybe you could get a win this race!" "The cars weren't too bad," Gwen cited, referring to the new cars that they got solely for this race (and perhaps for NSSCRA 11 in the future), "A little stiff with the turning, but handleable, hehe. We definitely did a good job with these cars!" Anastasia was further down at 28th, but she didn't seem to be too fazed. Anxious, yes, but not that worried. "I err... well, let's just hope that I didn't spin out or anything of that sort. You know it would be bad if I just hit something randomly. The car seems a little loose, I will have to ask Jared to fix it a little. Ahh, sorry, I was just babbling. Hmm, Valentian Effect? I hope we did not crash or do anything bad!"

"Yeah, let's just play it safe," Clarissa said, giving a handshake to Gwen and Anastasia, "It's been fun racing with you guys! From the very first days of NSSCRA 8, this has been a wonderful journey." They were then joined by Holly and Jolyn - 21st and 22nd, not bad, they thought. "All the best!" Holly exclaimed a little, the five of them heading back to their lounge and watching some TV. They knew well enough that they could always use a bit of practice, but they remembered what was told to the Valentian students - 15 minutes before an exam or a small test, do not read anything. Don't think of anything, don't question anything; simply relax, and wait for the exam paper. You have been more than prepared at this point, and you are certainly not going to spend the previous night before the big race intensely practicing only to doze off on the track and do a lot of fumbles.

That night, the five Valentians slept early and soundly, eager to wake up early and prepare as much as they could for their big day.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Garden at 6th Mile Road
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Garden at 6th Mile Road » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:49 pm

The Gardeners – 1st Tier: Proving Grounds 500, Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Newmanistan (Superspeedway); 2nd Tier: Proving Grounds 400, Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Newmanistan (Superspeedway)

Holly and Jolyn looked at each other for a while, then back to the track. They stood still, only turning around to look at their teams fixing and tuning up their cars for the practice session and the qualification soon to follow after. Sunlight bathed the firesuits they were wearing, reflecting back some of the light on the armbands and helmet. Jolyn was holding her helmet on her left hand, while Holly was already in full suit, a glowing blue light emitting from the helmet.

"Well, back to here," Jolyn started off, trying to make some small talk.

"Yeah, it's... strange. It is so fast, isn't it? One moment we have been starting and struggling, and here we are. The start and end, it would seem."

"Yup, this has been a tradition since NSSCRA 8. Ahh, NSSCRA 8. It was fun, and I had to pull that dumb stunt."

"Hmm, I would not think you are at fault. Neither are the rest of the Valentians! I mean, I have seen worse, and more absurd, hm hm! We all tend to make mistakes here and there."

Jolyn looked at Holly, the latter looking at her a little. The former gave her teammate and a friend a small hug, along with a pat on the shoulder. "Thanks, Holly. You have no idea how much it means to me."

"I mean, I am sure the other Valentians thought the same way too."

"Oh sure they do. But it's a bit reassuring to know that it is from someone outside of the situation."

"Hm hm, that is a good point!"

They sat back down on the empty seats as they watched #43 doing their practice session. Then #44, #46, #47, #48... eventually #55, to which Holly shook Jolyn's hand and the former making her way onto her car. Then came #76 after a longer period of time, trying out a few practice laps and then was on with her qualifications. The two Gardeners then sat back down, talking about their placement.

"21st and 22nd!" Jolyn exclaimed excitingly, "This is good news for us, Holly! We are going to be side by side, haha! Oh goodness, we can definitely help each other right now."

"Yes, definitely!"

At that moment, Holly simply twirled around and started singing softly. It seemed a little romantic, but for Holly and Jolyn, they are as best friends as friends can go. Both of them has an appreciation for nature, with one of them literally being a semi-manifestation of nature in her own dimension. The song was more or less a go-to whenever they are happy, ignoring the romantic undertones.

"We were walking there..."

"Oh, oh! And I had tangles in my hair."

"But you make me feel so pretty!"

"You have shining eyes... Yes like those forest lights!

"And it makes me want to cry"

"Haha, seems like someone is in a singing mood again," Jolyn teased, giving her friend a slap on the hand.

They then joined the rest of the Valentians back in the evening and then the next day. It was time for one race - one grand big finale, and they will be done. It's now or never, do or don't, race or DNF'ed. The five Valentians exchanged handshakes and well-wishes with each other, with Holly giving a bit more sentiment into it. Valentijn was also standing there listening, fresh as ever and recovered from the drink.

"So... as the only driver in the Valentian team who has been here for the first time, I just want to say thank you. I know it is extremely strange of my nature because- you know, no one would connect motorsports and myself together, but I am simply happy to be a part of it."

"Haha, no problem!" Valentijn said, patting Clarissa and giving a handshake to the others, "I am just glad that you guys have had some fun this season. And hey, maybe I should join the main series one day! Let's see how it goes, yah? For now, [a loud clap] good luck! You guys got this!"

Clarissa and Gwen pushed their cars to 1st and 2nd respectively, with Anastasia on 28th, Holly and Jolyn on 21st and 22nd. Holly and Jolyn exchanged eyes at one another, with Jolyn giving a thumbs up and Holly giving a small energetic wave of her hand. The crowd cheering many names, chanting many names. One final score to settle everything, and perhaps make an impact.

Jolyn Maxine Caulfield Ceeta (#76): Good luck, you guys!
Holly Aurora Lapia Starlight (#55): It's been amazing, thank you!
Clarissa Alanis Star Samantha (#7): We got this! Let's get going!
Anastasia Freya Yadana Aye (#15): Oh man, this is so exciting!
Gwen Tracer Allison Oxton (#31): We are lean, we are green, we are Valentians. And we are clean yet mean!
Last edited by Garden at 6th Mile Road on Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbooks. No NS Stats for this nation!

• Self-proclaimed King of Forum 7, a.k.a. Forum 7 dweller that your mom warns you about. (Got inspiration from Folknoren).
• Favorite catchphrase: Nani the f**k, so many ninjas.
• A dimensional rift created from nuclear bombs.
• Violently violated the Laws of Thermodynamics with shoddy writing.
Ruled by * takes a deep breath *
Holly De Stralend en Wonderbaarlijk Licht Koningin Aurora Symantha Vreugde Lavender Astrid Lilac Marlie Nova Radiant Starlight.
(SSCG(3) ↑TREE(3) g64)! Joules,
g64 = Graham's Number, TREE(n) = TREE sequence, SSCG(n) = Friedman's SSCG function, n! = Factorial, and an b = Knuth's Up-Arrow Notation.

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Postby Hapilopper » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:53 pm

The Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Tundra Falls, Newmanistan
Leading up to the Proving Grounds 500
The mood among the Team Blue three ranged from excited to melancholy to downright despondent. It was the eve of the last race of the NSSCRA season, the Proving Grounds 500, where a champion in the biggest racing series in the multiverse would be crowned. And unlike what Drake Stevenson had promised this time last year, none of the final four were from Team Blue. But there was still reason to be hopeful.

Drake had gone through quite a string of good runs in the last few races, which made some wonder what would have happened had he made the Chase. Maybe he’d be in that last four. Maybe it’d be Drake Stevenson, and not Kai Qiang or Thea Alvarez or Jeremiah Brooke or Anastasia Aye. More than a few Hapiloppian pundits suggested Drake would have been the favorite to win the NSSCRA title if that had been the case. But Drake dismissed those claims and refused to answer the question.

“Gonna be a great race, and I hope the title four do well,” Drake said, deflecting. “We’ll get ‘em next year.”

Even more importantly, there was stability within Team Blue for seemingly the first time ever since joining the NSSCRA. Frank Bronson was only leaving Team Blue at the end of the season to go into retirement, and Frank was not looking forward to it. He had given serious consideration to reconsidering and taking a seat with another team in HASCAR for the next season. After all, the only reason he was retiring was to heed to the wishes of a wife that had cheated on him with someone else. Frank had been in a funk for the last several weeks and just wanted this season to end so he could move forward with his life.

Taylor Henderson, meanwhile, was feeling somewhat sad that the season was ending. She absolutely loved everything about NSSCRA. The competition. Traveling around the multiverse. Being running buddies with Drake Stevenson and Frank Bronson. She felt like one of the boys in the NSSCRA, and in the offseason, she just sort of felt alone. Taylor had been so married to racing since graduating high school, that she didn’t really have time to be social with anyone. She lived by herself in Hapilopper City, with very few friends other than Drake Stevenson and other people in Team Blue. And honestly? She felt like she wanted to change that.

The social bit, that is. Not the racing bit.

But she was looking through the news on her phone when something caught her eye. She was just outside the Team Blue Center, on her way to a sponsor engagement, when she saw the news. She burst back into the Team Blue Center and shouted the news at Drake Stevenson and Frank Bronson, who were having lunch.

“GUYS!” Taylor shouted. “HOUSTON AND BROOKE ARE HAVING A BABY!!!”

Drake, taking a swig of iced tea, spit it out off to the side.

“Stacie and Jeremiah?” Drake asked.

“Yeah, they’re having a baby,” Taylor replied. “Apparently she’s with child right now.”

“Wow, that’s great!” Drake exclaimed. “We got to get something for them. Maybe a fruit basket or something.”

“I was gonna get them a ham,” Frank replied. “Every time a member of the Bronson family has a child, one of us sends them a ham. It’s a Bronson family tradition.”

“We can do that too,” Drake said. “Taylor, you gonna send them something?”

“Hmm, I don’t know, but let me get back to you,” Taylor replied. “I want to do something for them. I got to get to my sponsor thing.”

As Taylor was walking out, something hit Drake.

“HENDO!” Drake shouted at his teammate. “If you see one of Brooke or Houston’s teammates, see if you can get their address for us, will you? This way we can get something delivered straight to their place.”

“Will do.”

So as Taylor walked off, Drake started looking for fruit baskets to send, while Frank looked for hams to send.

“Your family sends hams?” Drake asked.

“Yeah, have for about four or five generations now,” Frank replied, not even bothering to look up from his cell phone. “I think my great grand-dad or something started it off and it’s just something we do. I mean, those of us in racing, we’re all family, right?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Stevenson, I don’t have a lot else in this world than racing,” Frank explained, as he put his phone down. “Honestly, I don’t have ANYTHING but racing. I had Nancy, but then I caught her screwing around with that creep. I don’t know what the hell I’m going to do when this season’s over.”

“Well, you’re going to be the team’s driver consultant, are you?” Drake asked, a tad bit nervous.

“I don’t know, man,” Frank said, looking past his teammate. “Primetime called me the other day seeing what I was up to for next season. I told them I’d be the driver consultant for Team Blue, but they offered me a hell of a lot.”

“Like what?” Drake asked.

“A full-time ride next season and the open charter for the Super Skychief 500,” Frank explained.

“And you said…” Drake replied.

“I told them I’d think about it,” Frank said. “The only reason I’m retiring is to appease the wishes of an asshole that cheated on me with some creep. What good is her word, Stevenson? What good is she, huh? Why should I keep my word to her? Primetime’s putting all their eggs in three cars next season. They’ve got that Quest X that’s perfect for that kind of racing…”

“Keep your voice down,” Drake interrupted.

“Why?”

“There’s a few Preston guys in here and they’re absolutely furious about that car,” Drake replied. “They claim the Quest X doesn’t follow the spirit of the HASCAR rulebook. It’s not freely available to race teams. I think they only made 200 road-going examples. Primetime brings the Quest X to the NSSCRA and Shawn Hammer’s gonna be on the first plane over here screaming at the officials that this car is a prototype and not a stock car. I mean, the thing looks like a spaceship!”

“A bloody fast spaceship, Stevenson!”

Frank decided he’d make up his mind by the time race weekend was over. Maybe a week after, to figure out how he was feeling. Sure, he didn’t want to retire, and Primetime Motorcar had been the class of the field in the HASCAR Challenge Cup, dominating the entire series, but he also didn’t want to leave Team Blue.
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:30 pm

Image 强凯 - Kai Qiang - काय च्याङ
@QK98
- - @IsfruinJR

You think they innocent becayse they LOOK innocent. People who look nice and happy can still cheat. Huang Jia was one of the nicest people I ever know, she have kids, make nice food, always friendly, but she cheated all the time. We don;t know if Velantians cheating, but they play tricks before. Remember when Jolyn fake her death?

#NSSCRA : #Cheating

Image Tashi Zakhilwal
@DarkRoastTashi
- - @IsfruinJR

I don't know how you can misinterpret "playing respectability politics" as something about sex appeal. Qiang's English is a little weird, but "respectability politics" has a pretty clear meaning.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:56 pm

Image Valkyrie Valentijn Samantha Constantine
@ValkyrieValentijn
- - @QK98

I do appreciate the preservation of history and yes, I will admit that we have done some of the dumbest things imaginable. She was not to be solely blamed and if anything, it is my responsibility for letting it through. Good to know people still bring up the worst moments of our history. If you are still convinced that we are crooked cheats, please do visit me in the Valentian Airship and I will be happy to clear it for good. Bring some food, it might be a long presentation session.

Last edited by Valentine Z on Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Postby Hapilopper » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:30 pm

Image CHRIS HOLMES
@CHolmes

Did Valentijn just threaten Qiang? Dude, not cool.

Image DRAKE STEVENSON
@HapiDrake81

.@CHolmes, stay in your lane dude, now's not the time. Valentians don't threaten people. That wasn't a threat.

RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports